[MINI EVENT] A Beginner's Guide Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Al-Siq

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:31 am
User Image

So, the Al-Siq Sayir are a concept that has pretty much been isolated to one specific story-arc, but it does exist in SoA and has it's very own pride. While it was never something that had any real formal recruitment, I'd like to give those who are interested an opportunity to get involved without feeling to overwhelmed by some of the world building that has happened in the pride.

...Cause yeah, that Compendium looks a bit daunting doesn't it?

For the time being this page will primarily consist of easier ranks to understand, allowing those who want to explore the pride the opportunity to branch out at their own pace, rather than being thrown in at the deep end.

As people get more confident and the world gets a little 'easier' to understand, there will be opportunities to acquire more complicated ranks.

As always, the more complex ranks may be applied for at a later date as and when they open, just because you win a more simple one in this thread, doesn't mean they can't branch out later into something more dramatic!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:33 am
Prize One
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My name...? Well I don't have a name yet, but I'm thinking on it. I'll get back to you!

I don't know much about myself right now, I'm still young you see... But I can tell you a little about where I come from! See, my mother lives in the Blue Justicar's territory way up over there. We don't have much, we're not very rich see, but my mother works really hard to make sure we have whatever we want.

She's really busy though, she's not round all that much, so we're looked after by a really pretty lady. Her name is Alureate; she makes sure we stay out of trouble.

...Kinda.

I'm not saying I'm awesome, but you know, it's sort of obvious so it it doesn't need words!

So what's the whole point of this?

Well see, I was asked in class what I wanted to be when I was older and I'm not really sure right now. Some of the class said they wanted to be merchants, some said soldiers and then there were these weird ones who said heroes. So I figured I'd ask around and see what everyone else had to say... Adults give good advice, that's why they're always talking ain't it?

I might as well give you thirty whole seconds, maybe you'll say something useful!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to Enter:
Well it's simple really, fill out the form below. What would you say to the tiny tot cub? Did you have visions of grandeur, or were you a more practical soul? Take on the role of another adult within the Al-Siq (an NPC) and bestow your wisdom upon the opinionated little madam!

Entry Code
[b]When I was your age...[/b]
[size=10][i]I wanted to be...[/i]
[size]

How Do I Win?
It has to be at least a paragraph! But literally, the first one to post and meet the required standard shall win the prize~!

What's the Catch?
They can't leave the Al-Siq. They will start off as Civilians and you may work towards the higher ranks if you so choose. Based on their mother's rank, they'll never discover who she really is, she'll always be a mother who simply works away from home a lot; keep that in mind!  

The Al-Siq

The Al-Siq

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:49 am
Prize Two

My name...? Well I don't have a name yet, my mother's been pretty slow on this one, she's a total embarassment!

I don't know much about myself right now, I'm still young you see... But I can tell you a little about where I come from! See, my mother lives in the Blue Justicar's territory way up over there. We don't have much, we're not very rich see, but my mother works really hard to make sure we have whatever we want.

She's really busy though, she's not round all that much, so we're looked after by a really pretty lady. Her name is Alureate; she makes sure we stay out of trouble.

...Kinda.

I'm a little quiet right now, I haven't really found who I want to be so folks think I'm a little shy. Is that true? I don't know I'm pretty loud at home!

Any who, I met this weird lion lately who started speaking in riddles. Well I thought it was riddles but Alureate told me it's some sort of 'art form' and now I'm kinda curious. His 'art form' took ages so I'm looking for something much shorter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to Enter:
Well it's simple really, fill out the form below. Take on the role of a poetic Al-Siq who wishes to inspire the next generation!

Entry Code
[b]So you want a butterfly themed Haiku...[/b]
[size=10][i]Entry here...[/i]
[size]

How Do I Win?
First come first serve, no, for real..

What's the Catch?
They can't leave the Al-Siq. They will start off as Civilians and you may work towards the higher ranks if you so choose. Based on their mother's rank, they'll never discover who she really is, she'll always be a mother who simply works away from home a lot; keep that in mind!  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:03 am
Prize Three

My name...? Well I don't have a name yet - honestly you'd expect she'd get the hint by now!

...Kinda.

I'll be real with you though, I have the worst attention span ever and I'm particularly bad and talking super fast. In fact, I speak in such a weird way sometimes that not even a genius can understand where my thoughts are going. Does that make me a genius? Maybe it does! It's weird though, other geniuses can find another genius to talk to but I haven't found anyone who speaks my language.

...I wonder if it actually exists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to Enter:
Well it's simple really, fill out the form below. Take on the role of this cub's notion of a genius, she just wants a friend after all!

Entry Code
[b]So you want to do the confused math woman meme? I'm on it![/b]
[size=10][i]Entry here...[/i]
[size]

How Do I Win?
So. Aim of the game.

I need you to write me a paragraph about any subject you choose. There's a catch though, it has to be written in what you think is the most confusing manner possible.

The sentences must have the correct grammatical structure, the words must be spelled correctly and you aren't allowed to use chat speak. In short, imagine speaking to one of those stereotypical valley girls who speak so quickly and jumps from one topic to the next that no one is entirely sure they know what the original point was.

The first one to genuinely have me going "Eh?" will get the cub.

Sounds easy doesn't it? I'm excited to see how utterly baffled I can become.

What's the Catch?

The Al-Siq

The Al-Siq

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:07 am
Prize Three

My name...? Well I don't have a name yet. At what point do we call the authorities, do you think Alureate will name us in the end?

...Kinda.

But here's the thing, all my siblings are a little bit different than me. They like poetry, they like puzzles, they like to talk super fast...but when it comes to me I just plain like efficiency. What does that mean for you? Well we're gonna make this super short, and super sweet.

You'll thank me later!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to Enter:
Well it's simple really, fill out the form below. It's a raffle haha.

Entry Code
[b]EFFICIENCY IS KEY[/b]
[size=10][i]Your name here...[/i]
[size]

How Do I Win?
Win the raffle lol - I'll stop taking names on Wednesday 16th May (Noon GMT)!

What's the Catch?
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:13 am
Spare Slot.  

The Al-Siq

The Al-Siq

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:40 am
Spare Slot Two, still not open.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:58 am
Okay, Now we're Open! *Snips Ribbon*

gaia_crown gaia_crown gaia_crown

GLHF!

The Al-Siq

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 10:59 am
So you want a butterfly themed Haiku...
Bright wings that flutter
Dancing, flower to flower
Beauty in the air

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 am
EFFICIENCY IS KEY
SilverLutz

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 2:43 pm
EFFICIENCY IS KEY
MangoMeow

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:42 pm
So you want to do the confused math woman meme? I'm on it!
You know what is strange? The philosophy of philosophy. If philosophy exists to explain meta-ethics, or the study of the ethics of ethics, as an example, does philosophy of philosophy study the ethics of studying ethics, or the philosophy of philosophy of ethical ethic study? On top of that, if one can use ethics to determine whether the philosophy of ethical theroy philosophy is ethical, is there a study of philosophy to determine if it's ethical to study it philosophically? Logically, since philosophy of philosophy exists and the ethics of ethics exist, it must somehow exist, too.  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:59 pm
When I was your age...
I wanted to be... a bird, in all honesty the sky was the limit. I tried little things first, rocks, trees, really stiff grass (honestly that didn’t get me very high at all!) eventually I even tried to do it the way gods do it. Ever seen a god fly? Well no, I don’t suppose you have you’re what, a couple weeks old? Well yeh the point being I tried. See gods have wings, so they can fly like birds in the sky. Course when I was your age, haha, yeh, well when I was your age I thought it would be a great idea to make some wings and have a go myself.

It took me a couple of weeks before I crashed down to earth. That was the end of it really, I realised it was a silly dream. I still think about flying though. Maybe one day I’ll be a bird. Oh..uh don’t try jumping off high things, its super dangerous. I broke my tail! Yeh, uh, stay in school!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:14 pm
EFFICIENCY IS KEY
Your name here... Midnightglow18

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 4:23 pm
So you want to do the confused math woman meme? I'm on it!
Entry here... "So my mom was busy with her work thing and I was playing doing the thing and going to that great place. I saw this flapping thingie and followed it past that really wet noisy place. The rumbling was.. Oh yea and there was the blue stuff and the fuzzy white stuff.. Speaking of fuzzy stuff isn't my tail cute??" The little cub spun around showing off her little green tail. "I followed it for a bit and then found a pretty green thing that was shiny, I love collecting stuff. Do you love stuff to? What kinds of stuff do you like?"

[IC] Al-Siq Sayir Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff