Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 3:43 pm
User Image

It had been quite some time since Liuxing had had some down-time; these days, her time seemed to always be occupied by one thing or another. Not that she minded, really - she had always been duty-driven, and it was such a fulfilling task for her. The comings-and-goings of different pridal groups had been an even busier time for her, ensuring that everything moved smoothly, but now that those groups were long gone, things were settling nicely.

Now, it was a relatively quiet time for the pride. They had reached such a contented place, that the biggest concern was making sure none of the numerous new cubs wandered off where they shouldn't. This morning she had checked in with her section of guards; those coming off duty gave her report, and those going on were given their orders for the day. So far, none had coming running to find her, so she gave herself a bit of relaxation time going for a stroll.

Ecavi
(( I made a thing! It's not very long, but a thing! ))

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:48 pm
User Image

Nadra was coming down from a busy day of hunting. While they had been successful, it had taken longer than usual and she was more exhausted for it. Normally, she was quick to spot the purple lions around the pride but today, she didn't even register that her path was set to cross with Liuxing.

Purple was an easy way to identify family, even though her father wasn't purple in the least and he often acted weird about his side of the family.. she was grown up enough now that she understood why. It was especially awkward lately, since grandma just had more cubs that were dad's niece-sisters and nephew-brothers?? It was better not to think too hard about it.

She was practically standing before Liuxing when she realized her aunt was there, she started and straightened herself up but she smiled warmly.

"Oh! I didn't see you there," she said.

Polette

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 pm
Liuxing's eyes slowly drifted back and forth, looking at the various lions wandering around. Ah! Her pink eyes lit up as the familiar striping of Nadra came into view. She hadn't had much time to talk with her niece, so the opportunity was a welcome one. Perhaps she could catch Liuxing up on any pridal social chatter - other than the obvious pain-in-the-neck of her mother that she'd managed to block out for now.

But, did she see her? Keeping a slight grin, Liuxing's head swirved inquisitively, waiting for her to come a little closer to speak.

"Thoughts elsewhere?" She laughed, smiling broadly at her pale niece. "Have you just come from somewhere?" Liuxing noted the appearance of Nadra, glancing behind her to see if there were any other indications behind her. It was partly in her nature as a guard and now patrol leader to always be alert and searching - a quality that her family hadn't -yet- thought to be annoying.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:58 am
"I guess so!" she said with a laugh, shaking her fur like she could shake off her distraction. Nadra noticed Liuxing's gaze shift to behind her but was neither put off or concerned about it. Instead, she simply smiled at the question.

"I'm just getting back from a dawn hunt," she said, "If you haven't eaten yet, they should be starting to divvy it up soon."

High Class lions got first dibs on food but only if they were present. There were too many mouths to feed to take it in turns. There would be another hunting party sent later, and after that, to meet the demand of the hundreds of hungry lions. Her family had many high class lions but Nadra didn't know any of them to be as pushy or demanding as they could be.

Polette

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:28 pm

"Oh, I see!" Liuxing's gaze returned to her niece, softening at her words. "Another success, as expected from such a talented hunter." She gave a brief wink, glad for the success; though, she always expected a successful hunt. She was always confident in their hunting parties, but also knew that they'd usually stay on the hunt until they brought something back. It was necessary, with the number of mouths they had to feed these days.

"I think I'll let the younger ones get their fill." Her brow buckled for a moment - it had been a little while since she'd eaten, but she wanted to make sure that the little ones were content so they could grow strong. Besides, she didn't want to pressure anyone with her presence.

"Besides, I'd much rather take a moment to catch up with you. Unless, were you headed off to rest? I could walk with you if you'd like." Liuxing hoped she wasn't being pushy. Coming off a hunt, she knew Nadra would be tired, but the thought of some company and conversation was too much to pass up. Plus, Liuxing adored her family more than anything, and she always liked to talk with them.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:56 pm
Nadra grinned, not above accepting flattery without a fuss. She looked her aunt up and down when she said she'd wait to eat, not sure if she was just saying that to be considerate .. but she welcomed the company.

"I was, actually," she said, "But you're welcome to walk with me. I'd love to hear what you think of Grandma's latest litter. Dad seemed fine for months but now that they're here.. oh boy."

She chuckled despite herself. Nadra knew the situation was not as easy as it was presented to be, but it was better for the family, especially for those cubs, to welcome them happily. As strange as it was to have aunt and uncle cousins, there was no reason to blame them and even Grandma Parisa seemed content now. Nadra's dads were definitely glad Dwyllodrus was finally gone, too.

Polette

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:35 pm

"..ah." Liuxing had paused for a long moment before making a sound. She turned to walk with Nadra, trying to sort her thoughts about such a complicated topic. "Your grandmother is and interesting lioness." She put on a grin, but her brow was slightly furrowed. She could completely understand why Liuhe might be upset about the whole thing - Liuxing herself couldn't be confident that there wasn't some sort of plot involved, especially given who the father was.

"Regardless of why they were born, it is an interesting feeling having some new family around, isn't it?" She let out a laugh, taking into consideration the age gap between her and her new half-siblings. Liuxing tried her best to keep her mind on the more light-hearted aspects of the situation - after all, cubs were a blessing and she would make sure that they were given plenty of love.

"How has my brother been as of late?" It had been awhile since Liuxing had seen him, and their mother always seemed to put more pressure on him with everything. She wondered if perhaps she should go see him soon to get his take on the whole situation - and, more importantly, if they should be concerned at all.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:26 am
"It's funny, I don't think he was expecting more family out of grandma," she said, wrinkling her nose and smiling, "But even I'm old enough that I knew it would happen eventually.."

Yes, regardless of why.. or how Nadra felt about the fact that everybody just seemed content to let it happen.. the cubs weren't a surprise.

"Other than that," she said, smiling, "He's doing fine. Hivyo keeps him in line."

Strange though it might have been, Nadra figured out early that referring to her parents by their names was the best way to assure nobody got confused about who she was talking about. It was a side effect of insisting on calling both dad.

Polette

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:03 pm

"With her, anything is possible, isn't it?" Liuxing laughed, her mind briefly running through the strange and winding course of her mother's life. "I haven't heard what others think about it - but I know there are many who would never say a word to me." She glanced over at Nadra, a sheepish look on her face. Though she had always tried to immerse herself with her fellow pride members, she knew there were those who knew her family and were stand-offish.

"Oh, I'm glad to hear." She let out a chuckle; she had always admired their relationship and family. Perhaps, though, those were just the sentiments of a single lioness. "I might need to make a point to visit sometime soon."

"Has there been anything else on your mind as of late?" Liuxing tried to shift the conversation away from Parisa; after all, it was a tiring subject, and she really was more concerned with Nadra at this point than the escapades of her other.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:54 pm
"They'd like that," she said cheerily, recognizing the decision to steer the conversation away from her grandmother. While definitely preferable, gossiping about Parisa was the only thing that Nadra could really think to talk about. She lived a perfectly boring life otherwise and while it was most pleasant, it made for terrible small talk.

She chuckled to herself.

"Afraid not," she said, going right ahead and ignoring how much she could end up sticking her foot in her mouth, "It's nice that this is the best we can do when catching up. Boring and predictable is definitely my preferred lifestyle."

It sounded sarcastic but she was sincere.. and at least if she offended Liuxing, that would give her something to talk about. And if it offended all the troublemakers in their family.. maybe that would be a good thing, too. Turned out Nadra might be boring but she was still a bit of a troublemaker in her own way.

Polette

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Polette
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:19 pm

"Boring? Oh no!" Liuxing couldn't help but laugh; but, Nadra was right. Liuxing had made a point not to delve too deeply into anything scandalous - she had grown up amidst such scandal that it was nice to just have a normal conversation.

"Well, my dear Nadra, I'm afraid I have to go check in on some more exciting things." She giggled and winked at her niece, poking a little fun in the process. "I have enjoyed our little check-in, even if it might have proven to be a little vanilla." Even if the conversation had been mellow, Nadra's comments had given her a good chuckle to ride as she returned to work.

"Until next time." Liuxing smiled and bobbed her head slightly at the younger lioness.

Ecavi
(( Finally getting to my RPs ;; ))

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:22 pm
Nadra beamed at her aunt, her favourite aunt, she decided. Thank the Great Lion for times like this, when you could just be normal and happy and life could be simple. It wouldn't always be that way, of course, but she sincerely hoped the future was much kinder to her father, her aunts and her uncles.

"I'll see if I can't stir something up so next time I'm a more interesting chat," she said, feigning a wistful sigh, "Have a good night!"

She didn't hesitate to take her leave, snickering to herself. It was a perfect way to end an exhausting day.

Fin!

Polette
((Wrapped! <3 <3))

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items