[J-RP] Keep Up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 pm
Arezo bint Sareh was not use to the pride life again. She had grown up in a warring pride, pitted against each other. She had lost her entire family during that time, and when she thought the pride to be fluorishing again, it was like it vanished. Burkuteshti and Qyrhyeshti once rivaled against each other dispersed, the once adversaries now seeming long forgotten.

What drew her to the Ela'wadiyi lands, Arezo did not even know. Maybe it was the faction like system? To be separated from the other pride members. The only difference, there was no wars between clans. That was a good thing...wasn't it?

The scarred female was told she would be in the shadow clan, but to her, the words were foreign. She learned on her travels back to the clans territory what it meant, and from there, Arezo would learn. She would use her skills she learned in the Burkuteshti to aid her new home. Even that word sounded foreign to her.

Home. She was home. Right?

Bright blue eyes closed as she exhaled a sigh. Boy was this so different. Reopening the orbs, she scanned the area. The clan was on the move, something she had learned they would always be. Tailing, seemed to be another male, newer, just like her. She waited back, her eyes watching the male before flickering back to the migrating pride in front of her.

"Best keep up." She called out, her normally gruff voice softened. She didn't need to be on edge anymore. The war was over.  
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:01 pm
KasaiLoki

Onuris had wandered most of his adult life but that fate was not what was supposed to be in store for him. He was born to a prince in a pride filled with sands and ruins when he was but a cub. He was supposed to stay in those ruins for the rest of his life with his family but as a lot of things some times life does not go according to plan. Onuris and his mother left the temples ruins when water was scarce one summer when he reached young adult. At some point he and his mother got separated and he'd ended up in the snowy peaks of a mountain for some time.

Too cold. That memory was too cold in the literal sense and it gave Onuris the shivers just to think about his time there.

Now here he was in the elas territory in on a less snowy mountain than the one he'd had to become accustom to. He was taking in the new territory with every paw step he took at just how balanced it was out here. It wasn't too cold and it wasn't too hot. There seemed to be enough resources to go around and...

'Best keep up.'

The voice had the day dreaming lion looking up ahead of him. Oh. Right.

"Sorry about that. I'll try." He chuckled and was quick to pad next to the female. "You're new as well huh? You know where we're going?"  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 6:03 am
Alpaca Chobi

Arezo shook her head as the lion quickened his pace. The lioness grew up with the mentality that not focusing would get you killed. It was amazing how other's mentalities were when their home life was different.

Her ears perked at the question. With her gaze shifting to the lions moving forward, she once again shook her head. "Not a clue. But they don't seem to be the ones to really stop if we were to fall behind." Sure there was probably someone watching the new clan members, making sure they didn't get lost. "I'm not use to this constant on the move though. My old pride," she made sure not to say the name. Apparently, some of the Qyrhyshti had become part of the pride as well, "was always in one place. It will be interesting to learn this layout, knowing we won't be staying in the same spot on a daily or weekly basis." How often did the pride migrate? Arezo needed to ask.

"Arezo bint Sareh," she introduced. She was proud of her name. It referenced her mother, Sareh, whom she missed dearly. She continued walking now that the male had caught up to her, watching the group before her in case they decided to do any twists or turns.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 am
KasaiLoki

"I was never part of a pride that migrated around but you could say I , myself, migrated quite a bit when I wasn't in a pride," He admitted. Moving around wasn't new to him but moving around on some one elses pace rather than his own was very new. He was sure eventually he'd grow accustom to it.

"Oh your name is pretty unique. I'm just Onuris. Not as exciting as your name," There was a grin. "Is there a story behind your name? I've never heard of such a name before." While Onuris wasn't coming out and saying it; he was pretty sure her name sounded like two names. He was curious as to why a lioness might have two or even three names. There were definitely a lot of unique named lions he'd come across but the naming structure hinted at more of a story for some reason.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:45 am
Alpaca Chobi

Arezo nodded. She should be use to the movement from her life as a rogue. Maybe it was because they were now considered part of a pride did it feel different still. Pride life meant stagnant place, did it not? Apparently, not to the Ela'wadiyi clans.

"Onuris. It's unique enough." Arezo advised, bright eyes looking forward, only an ear flickering towards the pale male.

"Oh. It's a tradition from my former pride. My parents were to give us unique first names, but it would always trail with bint or sim depending on male or female, followed by my parents name. So, my mother's name was Sareh. If I had a brother, he would be whatever the first name was, sim Bast." This really was the only time she had really ever mentioned her father. It had been a while since she spoke of her family in general.

"Alas, that tradition is gone." At least for Arezo. She couldn't see her following the traditions she grew up learning within a pride that held its own traditions.

"Do you have a story behind your name? It's definitely in a dialect I am not use to. "  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:18 am
KasaiLoki

"Wow. .. You know the tradition doesn't have to be gone if you don't want it to be," Onuris looked thoughtful, "I mean. There is no reason you couldn't merge the tradition with this prides tradition. I believe its females pass on their surname?" He started to think about that but ultimately it seemed the thought was given up on as he was asked about his own name.

"You know... I am not exactly sure if there was a tradition behind my name. I came from the desert and we lived in the temples left behind from ancient times. The pride was dying out as lions were scattering to different reaches of the world by the time I was born," He sighed. "I would have loved to have known more about my pride but..."

There was a very long pause.

"Now I m here I suppose."  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:36 am
Alpaca Chobi

"I guess you're right." Arezo said with a hint of a shrug. "I don't know. Sometimes it's best to just move from the past and let things die." What was the saying, the past was in the past? "I would be lying though if I didn't say I wasn't curious about somehow merging whatever traditions this pride has to offer with Jahy's." A brief mention of her old pride.

"We have such similar backgrounds it seems. Maybe that was how they determined us to be in the same clan. The world works in mysterious ways, doesn't it." She half joked, shaking her head as she watched the clan move forward. How the pride leader, Skan, read the smoke was truly questionable for Arezo. She'd ask some of the other pride members in the future how that worked.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:12 pm
KasaiLoki

Onuris made no comment about the faint mention of the females pride. He had no idea about the history that went on between the warring bird pride and the two sides so it rolled off his back and he merely nodded his head as an indication he was indeed listening.

"I am not entirely sure I understand the process to determine these things but I am okay with how it turned out." There was a little bit of a sigh, "I am hoping that in time I'll understand the ways a little better. I feel so uprooted and so shuffled around that having a permanent home would be comforting. I don't want to have to learn new traditions every few seasons."  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:23 pm
Alpaca Chobi

“Well, Onuris,” Arezo started, a small smile on her maw. “We will just make this your permanent home. Well…partially I guess. It seems they don’t stay in one spot too long, so I hope you don’t mind the continuous moving.” The pale lioness joked, shaking her head.

“I hear this pride has been around for a while though, so I don’t think there is much you have to worry about in regards to learning new traditions every few seasons.” She nudged the male’s shoulder gently. “Come on, let’s hurry before they decide we are too slow and leave us behind. Maybe next year we can be the shadows of the group, and stay behind a bit more once we know the lay of the lands, or the traveling paths of the clan.”

The lioness was a loyal one. To her, Onuris and herself would get through this new change together.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:37 pm
KasaiLoki

It was comforting for Onuris to have a new friend going through the same initiation as him. He was quiet and listened to her words keeping close as the two padded along. It was only after it was pointed out the two had fallen behind from the group that he snapped out of his dreamy state of being .

"OH!" He was now alert, "We better catch up with them then!" He was quickly tailing after his new friend to catch up with the traveling group. This could work. Onuris was shore of it.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces