[ crowdsourcing ] plot a cot(hold)! welcome to cauldron

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:43 am
So a few of you guys mentioned that a hot springs area for HR would be a fun place to host an rp or three, so why not make it official? Welcome to the thread to add whatever tidbit you want to this place to ground it in reality and make it the hot spot of Pern! wink

(Staff, feel free to update/edit the thread, either for your own addition or to update!)

A lot of things are up in the air, so please do throw in whatever you want! I'm not the owner of this particular cothold, we all are. : D History especially would be great since you guys have a stronger idea of what would be realistic in this setting.

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:59 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Name: Cauldron Cothold

Established: Mostly was a stopping post for miners in the mountains and occasional dragonriders after work that eventually began to grow into a village all its own. (When? Other details?)

Environment: (Description?) Naturally heated pools, tiered down a slope as above?

Most Common Crafts: Courtesan (massage especially, perfume), Healer (massage, acupuncture, dragon, geriatric) (Others? Flesh each out as tied in to hot springs.)

Major Families: (Hey look, you can be descended from these guys! But first they ought to exist!)

How did they fair initial Threadfall? Thanks to HR's bullheaded belief, they were spared the tragedy they could have endured. Some structures have been damaged that still need repair, but for the most part the weyr's protection and the mountain's geography helped stave off the worst of it.

Other Details: (For notes that don't fall into something above)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:02 am
Here is my submission:

Cauldron should have a (friendly?) rivalry in Western that makes use of.....idk, the beach? flit or dragon-powered pools? probably something manmade to make it even more opposing in style and rp flavor? unsure how feasible that is in the setting

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 1:27 am
I think this is open. lol Feel free to delete it if it isn't.

So for the layout of the pools and how they're maintained, the best way to do that since the Pernese are pretty intuitive of their surroundings would be to have a cold stream that can be piped in, likely by moving it and adding a way to control the flow somehow. The reason that you'd want that would be to keep the pools at constant temperatures since natural hot springs tend to vary dramatically in temperature unless the volcano that created it was extremely reliable and then they're generally very hot(We're talking 120+ degrees). So by controlling the flow of cold spring and regulate the temps in the pools, maybe by making each pool a different temp as they go gradually down or up, would keep people from getting very cold in the winter or very hot in the summer. ^^ Using that method generally the cooler ones would be at the bottom as they run into one another and get cooler before running off the side of the mountain they come to.

At least that's how we do ours at work. <3

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:17 pm
having some people from the vintercraft and bakercraft would be super good, as they could be considered ~local delicacies~ and have people come to try them? i mean i know hot springs hardboiled eggs are super tasty, for real not to mention the chance for people being like...local crafts would be good too. if it becomes like an actual resort it'd make sense for them to have a lot of standard crafters to help keep money coming aside from just the springs and healers/courtesans

also for protection, having a few dragonriders who are stationed there as watchriders or just actual protection could work? they'd tithe to HR if needs be for firestone and what not, but having permanent residents who are capable of fighting thread would be a boon  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:46 pm
When I get her finished, my new standidate will be a vintner and I am game to participate in this! smile  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Plot-Zone & Mini-Shops

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces