Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:26 pm
User Image

Winds blew across the hillside giving the grass a very lively light pattern that blew across each hill as if it had a mind of its own. Where one pattern would end a new one would take its place as the wind continuously blew causing the grass to whisper among it self.

This was a secret only the winds and grasses knew and a very observant male cub was trying to decode. He sat firmly on top of one of these hills and watched as the sway of the grasses creaked their familiar voices while the wind blew echoing a haunting woooo sound all on its own. The cubs own brown mane flicked back and forth trying to match it self with the rhythm in which the grass moved while his feather swayed back and forth. The boys brows furrowed as he thought on exactly what this meant if it meant anything at all.

Today was not a travel day but a rest day. The clan had chosen this top of the hill as the ideal place to let some of the tired regain their strength and the younger cubs stretch out and play. The boy, Woya, was not using his time to play as much as his time to take in the scenery and think maybe a little too hard on the meaning of what he was taking in. He was a curious boy who liked learning as much as he could from those that were older and finding his own ways through the power of observation. His blue eyes were always opened trying to find understanding in why things were the way they were and always loading up on a list of questions. To some adults he might have been annoyance.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:33 pm
Alpaca Chobi

User Image

Onacona had watched Woya wander just slightly away from their family group. Mom and Dad were sleeping along with Gali and Adsila, U'no and Ta'la'la were off with their own bonds, so where did that leave Ona? He was too hyper to just relax, he needed to move, and go!

He approached Woya from behind, feeling the wind ruffle his fur and most importantly his bright blue feather. He was quick to reach for it, to make sure it didn't crinkle in the wind.

"What are you doing?" Ona asked, perplexed by his brother before him. "You should be rolling in the grass, not watching it." His eyes rolled as he nudged at his brother, trying to follow his eye movements to what his brother was looking at. Nope, he didn't get it.

"Come onnn. Let's go do something fun! Kalani and Lina are resting with mom and dad, so we are freeee" his voice squealed. Well, probably not super free, they were still surrounded by Bird Clan members.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:42 pm
KasaiLoki

Woya blinked quickly and turned to find Ona behind him. He wasn't surprised to see his brother but he was in a dreamy state of mind so his mouth was half cocked open in a very dreamy sort of way.

"Oh Ona," He started, "Really? How can they sleep on such a windy day? Can't you hear how the wind and the grass talk to each other? It's so noisy." He turned his back to his brother to watch the wind and grass meld in harmony once more. But now the closer he looked at the grass and thought about it he was realizing that Ona had a very good point.

"Hmm." He thought about this very quickly before coming up with a play stance.

"Okay. Lets roll!" He was quick to tuck his arms and legs to the side and fall to his side. Very dreamily he rolled down the hill laughing all the while.

(( Even = didn't hit a rock | | Odd = hits a rock ))

WAM.

A large boulder had been in his path. Woya had not checked before rolling down so he hit the rock square on his side.

"Owwwwwww...." He whined.  
KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:50 pm
[even - miss a rock, odd - hit the same rock Woya did]

"I don't know! I think they should be up and about BUT you know, I'm not them. And well. Gali and Addie are girls so obviously the need more sleep because of it." Ona shrugged. Girls were weird anyways. Their mother always seemed to be a bit sad whenever the cubs were awake, and their dad he never could quite figure out why he never looked at them. A cub's mind didn't understand disabilities such as blindness.

"R-roll?" He watched his brother head down the hill, his feet tucked as he gained momentum. Oh, that looked like fun. Frowning, Ona followed suit with Woya's action, pushing himself from the ground as he felt the bumpy ground underneath him.

He probably should have watched Woya, for he would have seen the boulder his brother had hit. Instead, he felt his body colliding with something soft, then something hard. Inadvertadly, he had pushed his brother up against the boulder again.

"Owww..." He hummed. "Oh, Woya!" His brother had pretty much saved his fall, so he was quick to his feet. "You okay? Oh, oh don't be too hurt. Mom and Dad won't be happy and then we can't do this again and then it will be babysitters FOREVER." he sniffed at his younger brother.

Alpaca Chobi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:57 pm
KasaiLoki

WAM.

Another impact on the opposite side. Woya found himself sandwiched between his brother and the boulder. He'd taken on two pretty tough impacts which would probably leave some bruises but that was what fur was for right? All and all though, Woya would live. He was fine.

For now though, his face had a look of disbelief and terror.

"How could the winds not warn me that there was a boulder?" He had tears in his eyes not because he was severely hurt but because this kind of surprise was a new experience and he'd not expected it to turn out this way. Sniffling he turned to his brother and started to bawl.  
KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:08 pm
[e - miss, o- hit]

"Oh good, you speak. You're good, you're good. We won't tell Mom and Dad about this." Quickly, Ona's eyes scanned the sky to make sure his parent's familliars weren't around either. Not seeing the avian in the sky, he let out a sigh of relief. Good.

"Wait. What?" His head tilted. "Winds don't talk..." Ona frowned, looking at his brother before reaching out to touch his head. "Maybe you hit your head too hard on that rock when you collided with it. How many paws am I holding up?" He quickly entered his brother's line of sight, holding both his front paws in the air.

"Wait you're crying? Oh. no. no no. Don't cry. Come on, it's okay you're okay? Look, look I will roll into the rock too! And and we will be even. Okay? Okay? Watch me go...."

Ona ran up the hill one more time, tucking his feet to roll.

The same bumpy feeling has he rolled, he braced himself, colliding with the rock.

Ouch.

Alpaca Chobi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:21 pm
KasaiLoki

Woya blinked as his brother rolled down the hill and threw away any caution to the winds. He let him self go with out a moments hesitation like he was ready for flight only to be interrupted by a boulder just as Woya had been interrupted. The cub blinked letting a few straggling tears fall down his cheek.

"Ona." His voice was soft and dream like but with tremors of concern edged on the sides. He was quick and graceful to his paws and padded over to his brother forgetting about his own pain in favor of his brothers safety.

"Ona. Don't... be hurt. Why would you.. Ona?" His blue eyes were filled with a swell of compassion and concern for his brother who now had meet the same fate as himself. "Ona..." Tears swelled at the edges of his eyes but this time it was from love.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:30 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Ona was slow to get up, feeling the pain he was sure Woya was feeling too.

"I just...wanted to make sure...you were okay. And if you hurt, I will hurt too. So we are even, right? Now more tears." Oh. oh. He had tears again. No, Woya, no more crying!

"You're gonna cry again?" Ona gonked, sighing. "Do I need to roll against the rock again. I know you hit it twice so I can do so too..." Was this how an older brother was suppose to act? Blah, not fair. "I will do that if needed...." Please dont' say it was needed. "So, no more crying, okay?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:40 pm
KasaiLoki

Woya had snot running down his nose by this time from all the crying. He was quick to shake his head a big fat whopping no at Ona about if he needed to roll down a hill again.

"Sorry...." His voice was small. "I don't know why I'm crying now. I'll stop," He sniffled sucking a big long snot trail up his nose again. He rubbed his eyes on his paw letting a dreamy smile bloom on his maw.

"I'm actually happy... That you cared." He continued to wipe away the wet menace away from his eyes. "I won't tell. You know how much boulders suck now.. We're good." He sniffled.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:45 pm
Alpaca Chobi

Phew.

Good. Woya did not need to have him demonstrate again. Ona was thankful for that.

But, both cubs had some mild bruises probably forming under their pelt, and poor Woya had eyes redder than some of the tattoos that adorned the few adults in the clan. "Let's head to the water source, get you cleaned up," perhaps the cool water would help the redness the tears had brought on, "before we head back home. Otherwise we both have a lot of esplainin' to do, and I don't wanna tell Mom and Dad we rolled into some rocks." Ona said matter-of-factly, nudging his sniffling brother forward.

"Come on, I'll race you there! No more rolling!"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 7:48 pm
KasaiLoki

Woya continued his sniffling but it was clear that his sniffles were softening and starting to stop. He nodded in agreement. A water source would be the perfect place to wash off their sins.

"Alright. Lead the way Ona," His dreamy voice was soft as it normally was with a stern understanding that they needed to do some clean up.  
[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games