Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Pridelands
[prp] trouble comes in...five? (JB/Shu Adols.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:33 pm
"Wait. Where are you two going?"

"I don't know about her, but out."

"Just following him."

Ren frowned as he followed his brother and twin from the den. They had grown significantly in the last few weeks, and no longer needed a cub sitter to watch them. This mean most of the time the adolescents were out wandering, learning necessary skills on their own. Mwitu, the golden male, no longer wore the black feather that the 'goddess' had gifted him when he was younger. Instead, he tossed it aside for Ren to pick up.

Ana had grown well too. She was lanky, not quite the most coordinated lioness but getting there. She normally followed her golden brother, becoming closer to him than her actual twin. Mwitu seemed to be more fun, Ren, always erred on the side of caution. That was a boring life!

"You guys went out yesterday." Ren started, frowning. "Why don't you guys just say home for once. Mom should be home and we can all have like a family meal or something."

"Lame."

"Boring."

Ren sighed, following his siblings in defeat.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:54 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It seemed like J'B and Shujaa's cubs were mostly troublemakers. Perhaps the blame could be placed on the parents, since their mother had certainly be unprepared for cubs and had instead taken to her duties as a councillor with a certain amount of vigor. The cubs had finally grown to an age where they were starting to seek out indepdence... some quicker than others.

Msako and Belkane had been out all morning practicing hunting (since one sister had only just started to take an interest in it). Msako had always been a bit of a diva, and expected to be doted and loved upon by everyone she came across. The reality that she may have to hunt for herself one day had only just begun to set in. So, the pale sister tolerated being taken out on a practice hunt, though by the time the pair had returned home she was bemoaning the experience.

"I am never doing that with you again," she was telling Belkane when she noticed two of their siblings exitting the den. Ah, Mwitu and Anahi were always far more interesting than the squares in the litter. She pranced up to the pair with a skip in her step.

"What are you two up to?" she purred with familiar mischeviousness.

Belkane trailed behind her sister, a vision of maturity that had made Msako jealous on more than one occassion. The golden adolescent seemed not to really notice her own appearance - it was hard to pay attention to herself when she was always trying to wrangle her siblings into obedience. "They're up to nothing - mother and father will be home soon. If you wanted to go out, you should have came out with us earlier."

Belkane was no pushover, and had little tolerance at times for her siblings' misbehavior. They had plenty of opportunity to join her and Msako earlier, but somehow honing ones skill was 'boring' and 'unnecessary'.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:02 pm
Krysin

"They're going to get into TROUBLE." Renahi growled from behind his two siblings, as the two other sisters strolled up to Mwitu and Anahi.

Obviously he did not like them leaving. His fur had started to bristle as he followed. Maybe he should have stayed home with the remaining three good siblings.

"Why is everyone getting all up in my business. Ana, stop following me." He turned towards Msako. "There's a rumor that someone DIED on the border. I think I am going to go check that out."

Anahi gasped. "HOW COOL." She squealed excitedly, a loud shush coming from her golden brother.

"Wait. You want to go investigate that?! Really?" Ren said from behind. "Bel...you can convince them not too, right?" The charcoal male asked quietly. "I mean, maybe they will listen to you, not me."

Mwitu shook his head at Bel's comment. "And miss a perfectly good time to sleep in. Nope. Besides. We are old enough to do what we want. Shoot, if I didn't want to come home tonight, I don't have too!" He switched his direction to one of the borders. He had overheard his aunt talking about it with their cousin, so who knew how true the words of the death were.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:13 pm
"As if there'll be anything there now. They probably took care of the body and all the interesting stuff already," Msako reasoned. But, since her siblings wanted to go on this adventure, she supposed it would be a disservice to allow them to go in such small numbers! The pale sister turned to fall in line beside Mwitu. Yes, she was tired and she wanted to be groomed, but she wasn't about to be left out of some grand adventure. Msako was used to being the center of attention, and she would not give up her position so easily.

Belkane did not fall so easily into line.

She did not need Ren's encouragement to realize that this was a bad idea. With a huff, she charged ahead of her siblings just so she could turn around and stand within their path. Both of her feet planted firmly on the ground, red eyes scanning the troublesome trio with disappointment. "We are not to go near the borders. Did you not hear anything mother has said about the murder? The borders are not safe, and we should not travel alone."

The last thing she needed was a bunch of dead siblings. Belkane would never be able to live with herself, and she didn't think her parents would be able to accept it either. "I don't care if it seems cool or fun, right now the borders aren't safe. Get the idea out of your stupid heads." Ah, she was also not the kindest with her words.

Msako snorted, and then slyly slid up to her golden sister. "You think you can stop us from going? You're outnumbered! It's four to one." There was no way Renahi had the balls to back Belkane up.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:35 pm
Krysin

"Regardless. Do you think how cool it would be if we actually found something that the adults haven't." Mwitu smirked. The male had already seen his share of weird things growing up. Finding some sort of trail from a dead body wouldn't be too much more.

Ana perked up as Belkane said they were not to go. "We are not traveling alone though, Bel Bel." The charcoal twin grinned. "We are traveling together. Even if you and Ren don't want to go, that leaves us in a group of three. Which is DEFINITELY more than one." Her bright blue eyes lit up in amusement, obviously proud of her comment. So she could do some sort of math.

Ren shook his head. "I'm not going." He said quietly from behind as Msako said four against one. "Two against three are still some pretty good odds." He gazed towards his twin, as if pleading her to join him. When she ignored him, he turned to his golden sister.

"Any other ideas?" The charcoal male wasn't keen on fighting, but he could see a small tussle starting if they tried to prevent the siblings from going further. At least it would make a scene for the adults around to question what they were doing? Ren could only hope.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:49 pm
"Oh, and you think that you are capable of fending off someone larger? Even if there's three of you I doubt you'd get out of it unscathed, and just imagine if they're not alone!" Her siblings were fools, and Belkane was tempted to call them out as such. Picking a fight with them here wouldn't do any good - she'd just chase them away faster. She had to somehow knock some sense into them without insulting them too much.

"Well, Bel, you're big and strong. I'm sure having you come with us would keep up quite a bit safer," Msako implored her sister with a sweet smile. Msako was slender, even for an adolescent. It was likely that she would be of little help in a scuffle, but it wasn't that much of a jump for her to think that Belkane would fare better. Belkane was already becoming a decent hunter! She was stronger and kind of fierce.

"I'm not enabling this. Anahi, Mwitu, Msako... go home, now." It didn't seem like words would sway her siblings, but Belkane was not the kind of lioness to give up so easily!

Unfortunately, she did not know the correct course of action here. She glanced towards her charcoal brother, red eyes showing just a hint of uncertainty. "If you go, I'll have to fetch an adult. When mom hears about you guys being crazy she'll be pissed." Their mom was very no-nonsense. It wasn't wrong to assume that Belkane had taken after J'B a little.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:51 pm
Krysin

"At least someone has a sense of adventure in this family. Why don't you just turn your snooty butt around and go home. Who cares what we do! And you," the golden male turned towards his brother, eyes glaring. "Grow a pair and stop asking her for help."

Ren bit his tongue as he refused to comment, eyes gazing to the ground. That comment hurt.

Ana rolled her eyes. "We can keep going back and forth, but it will be night soon, and mom always comes back at night. So. We should keep going if we are going to do anything."

"Anahi's right. Belkane, move." Mwitu said with a glare.

"I'll go get them." Ren said quietly. "You watch them and..and I will go."

"You both go." Mwitu almost shouted, ignoring the fact that their mother would be angry if they went. "Who will she believe anyways. It will be three stories against two. Numbers are on our side."  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 6:30 am
Belkane could pretend that the insults did not bother her, but in truth they hurt more than she let on. Instead of allowing herself to be cowed by her brother's insults, she let those words anger her. Her mouth set into a firm line, red eyes staring fiercely at Mwitu. He was not going to bully her like he bullied Renahi. "I won't move," she announced to her siblings.

There had been so many cubs in the den that fighting was inevitable between some of them, and as they grew older and grew more into themselves the differences between them became apparent. "I don't care what you call me or what you think of me, but I'm not about to let you guys wander off into danger. You may not care about anyone but yourself, Mwitu - but I do."

Msako sighed loudly. They really were going to get nowhere with this back and forth. Worse yet was that Renahi was going to run off and get an adult. She did not want to get an earful from an elder, and so perhaps it was time to try and diffuse the situation. "All right, c'mon guys. You're both saying things that are uncalled for. I doubt we'll even make it to the murder scene by the time someone comes around to ruin our fun."

The pale sister was quite disappointed by the turn of events. Belkane and Renahi were always such sticks in the mud.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 5:16 pm
Krysin

Renahi had already run off before anyone could stop him. He glanced back just to make sure Belk could handle the remaining siblings. Couldn't things be like they were when they were cubs? Time seemed simpler back then.

Mwitu growled at his golden sister before turning to Msako. "We will go another time. Without the tattler." The adolescent snarled, stalking off from Belkane. He didn't expect his sisters to follow him, but could hear the light steps of one of them behind him.

Anahi sighed, giving in as well. Without Mwitu or Msako this wouldn't be fun. "Party Pooper." Anahi muttered towards Belkane, not even seeing the charcoal form of her brother in the distance. How silly would he look when he returned to this spot with an adult in tow, and now sibligns to be seen. Ana wished she would be there to see it, but that likely meant staying around Belkane, and that she didn't want.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:03 am
"As if I'd let you," Belkane challenged further, but she already knew she had won. The golden sister couldn't help the smug, confident look the graced her face. Her red eyes stared her siblings fiercely down - she had bested the three of them (with some help from Renahi). Perhaps she'd really be able to keep her siblings out of trouble in the future. All three of them seemed to be determined to cause trouble. With their mother on the council, it was probably best that they did their best to behave.

Releasing a strained sigh, the golden sister sat down to wait for Renahi's eventual return with an adult.

Msako somehow expected that above all else, Belkane would find a way to rain on their parade. She sighed as Mwitu stalked off with Anahi not that far behind him. She was agitated with all of her siblings - Mwitu for backing off, and Belkane refusing to back down. Renahi, the biggest baby of them all had run off for back up, and Anahi had followed Mwitu because she had no back bone to stand up on her own four legs.

"I really hate you today," Msako informed Belkane, distaste dripping from her words. The pale sister then turned around and left to go her own way.

KasaiLoki

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas