Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Shalkan pawed at the grass, his grey eyes searching for herbs. Though he hadn't been a shaman in quite a few years, he still had the habit of always searching for herbs to keep tucked away. Once he completed his hunting duties as his rank mandated, he always would find himself looking for herbs, or drying them out; washing fresh herbs, keeping his stock pile organized. It was something that kept him connected to his old pride, a life that he had left long ago. Old habits never truly died, but at least he wasn't shunned for his work. He just helped in the little ways that he could.

The sun was getting very low, and the light was going to fade soon. He had his belly to the ground, bits of his paws smudged in green from sifting through the grass. He had never bothered much about the grass stains, though his white coat made them pop out like a burr. He inched forward, bit by bit....and....

"Hah!" he breathed in triumph, finally finding the shoots of the herb he had been searching for. If only they were more potent as fully grown, and not green straight out of the ground. He carefully plucked the herb shoots from the ground, slid them in the pouch around his neck for safekeeping, and pushed himself back up into a sitting position. He felt a joint pop here and crack there, and once he was fulling sitting up....he realized just how long he had been crawling on his belly. Faint green stains littered his lower half, and he knew they would not be easy to scrub clean.

Felyn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A peal of pleased laughter bubbled out of Taraiya as the pale lion shot up out of the knee high grass so unexpectedly. She had noticed the enrapt male during her walk back from scouting and could not resist investigating just exactly what he was up to. It was only after she watched him pluck the herbs free and begin tucking them away that she even realized exactly what it was that he was doing inching along the ground like that.

As her laugh faded to a smile, she moved forward and rounded back upon him so that she could look him in the face at last. He was familiar, just as most of the pride was, but she didn't think that they had ever properly met before. Ahh, such was such a prosperous pride she supposed!

"You're.. Shalkan, right?" the bright lioness tilted her head as she spoke. Up close she could see the stains of grass that soaked through his white fur and it made her smile widen, so charmed and amused as she was suddenly by his peculiarities. There was no point in hiding that she'd noticed so she simply shook her head at him and made a gentle tut beneath her breath.

"You look like a cub that's been rolling in the high grass."

Safaia

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:31 pm
A mild look of surprised crossed his face as his ears swiveled around, a little oblivious to the lioness before him until his grey eyes spotted the bright colours that adorned her legs and face. After that, it was rather impossible not to look at her; she was rather pretty. And he was...mucked up with grass stains.

"Ah, let me guess....it was either the star on my forehead, or the grass stains that tipped you off," he said with a sheepish chuckle, sitting up a bit straighter and smoothing out his precious pouch. It was rather well made, if a bit beaten up after the years of use; he was proud of it.

"Cubs are rather good at finding things, if you can keep them focused," he said matter-of-factly. "But yes, I am Shalkan. I am...afraid I don't recall your name, even though you seem to know mine. I haven't been as social as I should be, I'm afraid."

Felyn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 6:21 pm
"Well, they are at least very good at finding what they ought not to; I would agree with that." She chuckled under her breath as she sat down politely before him, wrapping her tail around her legs and tucking the tuft against her paws. She had helped poor Rive, the sudden single father, with his little ones as they grew and she had to admit that they had often been a damned pawful. They were good kids thought and she had to admit that they had grown into wonderful adults. They would make the Mwezi proud.

"Ahh, I wouldn't worry so much. I like to know things. I would say that it makes me cultured but I guess some others might tell you that it just makes me nosy." She winked a rosy eye at him and then laughed openly at herself, dropping her gaze in a feigned moment of bashfulness. "But you can call me Taraiya, or Aiya, whatever you prefer. I'm really not that picky."

As she shrugged, she brought her gaze back up, holding curiosity in the depths of her vision now.

"If you don't mind my asking, what were you looking for down there?"

Safaia

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out