Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Continue? [Unova Badge Run] (Ter) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:34 pm
Skyla smiled as the rain fell, the opening in the ceiling letting real storm clouds form above, not just the energy conjured ones that Rain Dance would typically form if used indoors. The faint rumble of thunder could also be heard as the sky continued to darken, the hot air from the Heat Wave helping form them. "Good thinking, quick thinking!" Skyla commended Terashi. She couldn't use Heat Wave again as it wouldn't have much effect due to the rain, time to try something else. "Now check this out, my good friend Elesa helped me teach Swoobat this one! Use Charge Beam!" She commanded her bat.

The air around them would became charged with static electricity as Swoobat began to charge up electricity in its body, lightning flickering in the clouds above. With a squeal Swoobat would unleash from its nose a beam of pure electricity, launching it straight for the metallic key keeper, Klefki. Any leftover electricity would remain in Swoobat's body, the bat feel like it got a burst of energy as its Special Attack was raised, its Simple ability amplifying this buff as well.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:36 pm
Kefka tried to dodge the incoming Charge Beam, but his muscles tensed up at just the wrong time and he took a direct hit from the move.. After the super-effective hit from Heat Wave, I was half-expecting this to get him to faint, but he somehow got up from the Charge Beam. He definitely looked hurt, though. Even if he wasn't paralyzed, he didn't have enough strength to maneuver much in the artificial wind of the gym. So not only was there no way he'd be able to dodge another attack, he'd probably go down to a normally-effective move, maybe even a resisted one. He was running on fumes.

I sighed. I'd just found myself in the Striation Dillema once more. The time for defensive strategies was over. It was time to go out swinging. "I know you're hurting, Kefka, but I need you to give as good as you've gotten this battle. Use Foul Play, and give it all you got," I told him, knowing that it'd be his last move this battle.

It took Kefka a bit to gather his strength, but once he was ready, he rushed through the battlefield, dragging Swoobat into a cartoon cloud of violence construed of Dark-type energy - the only damaging move Kefka had that Swoobat was weak to. At the very least, he could pay his enemy back for the super-effective Heat Wave before he fainted.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 2 ... 2!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:37 pm
forgot to roll paralysis  
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 4!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:50 pm
(I'm gonna redo your paralysis roll as it is suppose to be a 1 in 4 chance, I also had forgotten Swoobat wasn't paralyzed, that it had shifted it to Klefki. If 1 Klefki is fully paralyzed. If paralyzed the following paragraph doesn't happen, instead Foul Play doesn't go off and only the second paragraph occurs.)

Swoobat would be caught up in the cloud of Dark energy, pummeled and beat up on the inside before being thrown out. Did it hit itself in there? Either way the bat was beaten and worse for wear, the Super Effective hit doing a number on it however it still hung in there, the only saving grace was Foul Play drew off the physical prowess of its target of which Swoobat naturally lacked. That said it wouldn't take much, just a stiff breeze, to knock the bat out now. Seeing this the Gym Leader knew to make the most of things.

"Swoobat, let's take this chance to fire off another Charge Beam!" She commanded. Like before the Swoobat would gather up electricity in its nose and fire it in the form of a concentrated beam at Klefki, its Special Attack raising a second time. As the beam went off thunder rumbled above, louder than last time.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 2:03 am
Klefki started charging Psychic-type energy as soon as he heard Skyla give an order for a second Charge Beam - before I could give any orders. He used that energy to create a barrier of Psychic-type energy, which I couldn't see as being anything other than Light Screen given the order Skyla gave. Whether he was trying to squeeze out one more turn or setting up the move for the next teammate, I couldn't tell, but if it was the former, then he acted in fain, because he fainted the moment the Charge Beam landed, despite the fact that the Light Screen did reduce some of the incoming damage. He was on his last legs, after all.

I recalled Kefka and let Orion out of his ball. He could make use of the remaining turns of Rainy Day, and he had a couple of Ice-type moves once Kefka's weather move ended.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:16 pm
As Klefki fell and Starmie came out the Flying Gym Leader gave a puzzled look, pondering why Terashi would risk sending out a Water type despite knowing her Swoobat had access to an Electric move. Sure Light Screen was up and Rain Dance was still active, for now, the empowered Swoobat was definitely going to pack a punch. Shrugging off his decision for now she made the only command that made sense at this moment.

"One more Charge Beam!" She commanded, pointing at the Starmie.

With a cry the Swoobat would begin to charge more electricity into its nose and open its wings wide, allowing the gusts from the gym's fans to sweep it into the air as it fired off its powerful Charge Beam, empowered by the two boosts prior. As soon as it was let loose the remaining electricity would empower Swoobat further. The beam itself would fly straight for Starmie, the rain providing it a sure fire path to flow along, only the Light Screen standing in its way of zapping the starfish.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:39 pm
Right, the Charge Beam. Well, Orion could take a super-effective move and keep going. Though yeah, this did put me at a bit of a disadvantage. Or so I thought. As it turned out, once Brunor found out how to use Protect to reflect opponents' special attacks back at them, he'd tried to teach the other Pokemon in my team. While it wasn't something that most could, or cared to, learn, Orion was something of an outlier.

While I was trying to think of how to respond, Orion started rapidly spinning in place, generating normal-type energy and using it to form a barrier around himself. Once it was fully formed, he... well, the closest way I could describe the motion was something like a headbutt? He slammed his crystal - where the barrier was strongest, apparently - into the tip of the Charge Beam at an angle, forcing the attack to bounce back in a random direction, sending it flying into the distance.

"Alright, I guess that works," I said, somewhat dumbfounded. "Thank you, Brunor," I added under my breath.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:17 pm
Skyla would shrug as the Charge Beam bounced off the Protect, not too bothered by its failure, her bat still got stronger after all. "That was pretty cool but I don't think it will make much difference. Swoobat, show them a true gale! Use Air Slash into the wind stream!" The gym leader ordered.

The bat would let out a screech and with a flap of its wings it positioned itself in front of the giant fan pointed at and blowing upon the field. It would then proceed to latch onto a beam above, so it doesn't get swept towards Starmie while it was executing its attack, with its claw-like tail. Now hanging upside down it would begin to flap its wings with strength power, drawing upon the power ups it received from those Charge Beams, and its own Flying typing. As it flapped with such fierce might large blades of wind would form and coupled with the already blowing current would race towards Starmie at incredible speeds, blink and you'd miss. It was a full on vicious slashing assault upon Starmie.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:11 pm
I could feel the wind in the arena intensifying as Swoobat executed its attack, bombarding Orion with a barrage of Air Slashes. This had really gone on for too long. To make matters worse, the Rainy Day was on its way out. I really should have brought out Yuki instead of Orion. Though it was too late to complain now.

By the time the attacks ended, Orion was a proper mess. Still active, but hurting bad. I really had a serious disadvantage in this match thus far, and as much as I wanted to give Orion some much-needed payback, the fact that he was probably gonna go down in one more hit made for a small window of opportunity I could use.

"Orion... sorry about this, but I need you to use Rain Dance. I know it's a hard sell, but there's a good chance to at least even out this match, maybe even get an advantage."

But to my surprise, Orion didn't need convincing. Before I could finish talking, I felt the starting sprinkles of rain inside a building. "Thanks, Orion," I said, knowing he'd likely get knocked out after this.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:34 am
The once trickling to a stop rain would become heavy again, falling at an angle as the gym's fan continue to blow. Swoobat continued to swing from the beam, now getting more soaked than before but didn't seem to mind the rain too much. Skyla however was confused as to what Terashi's plan was. His Starmie just took a devastating blow, there was no way it could survive another Air Slash, especially not with all the Special Attack increases from the Charge Beams coupled with its Simple ability. She had figured he must have some sort of plan, even if Orion falls here. Deciding to no longer mull over this scenario she gave her command.

"Well I see no point in changing strategy so...Swoobat, another Air Slash!" The gym leader ordered. It only made sense, if Terashi was just going to let his Starmie sit there and use a setup move then Skyla was going to take the opportunity to deal as much damage as possible and keep her plane of pain in flight. Like before the Swoobat would squeal and begin to flap its wings vigorously, sending numerous blades of wind flying at Orion at a deadly speed.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 8:43 pm
Despite Orion's clear attempts at dodging this time around, especially in his current, damaged state, the Air Slashes were just too much for him to handle. I did wait for him to show obvious signs of fainting before putting back in his ball, even though I knew he wasn't going to be able to keep fighting after that hit. Immediately after I recalled Orion, I let Yuki out of her ball. "We have allies to avenge, and the battlefield is in your favor," I told Yuki before pushing the glasses frame on my face closer to my eyes. "Put that rat with wings back in its ball where it belongs with a hale and hearty jolt of Thunder."

With a wide smirk, Yuki called out to the rain clouds that'd gathered inside this arena that were somehow not being affected by the large gusts of wind - this was due to the fact that they were an illusion managed by the Water-type energy used in Rain Dance to sell the visuals of the move and not actual clouds. However, by manipulating that energy and intermingling it with her own Electric-type energy, Yuki was able to make the rain clouds looks like storm clouds before a powerful bolt of very real lightning shot down from the fake clouds on a collision course with Swoobat. Given how it was on its last legs from the last attack Kefka brought out before he fainted, as well as the dampness of its fur from two sessions of Rain Dance, There was next to no chance of Swoobat enduring the blast, and given the natural speed of a lightning bolt descending from the heavens (or the fake storm clouds in this case), there wasn't much more of a chance of it dodging the move.

I was on my third teammate, while Skylia hadn't lost one yet. That was a gap I aimed to close with just one Pokemon. I didn't intend to use Yuki as my ace, as I felt like she'd be a bit too obvious of a pick, but Skylia wasn't giving me much of a choice. Of course, if she managed to overcome the massive advantage Yuki had against her entire team by merit of her existing as an Electric-type Pokemon, I had my gym-breaker on standby. That said, we still had three more Pokemon to get through before this badge was ours.  
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 2!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:59 am
The Thunder would boom, lightning crashing down from the sky above, through the open gym roof and striking Swoobat with a fierce explosive force, the rain guiding the bolt directly to its target without fail. The bat would be dislodged from the beam and sent flying violently into the wall behind Skyla, slamming into it with an audible thud and falling to the ground, knocked out cold as the rain fell upon its motionless body. "Well, you finally clipped the wings on that one. You did amazing, Swoobat." Skyla commended her Pokemon, recalling it to its ball.

The Gym Leader had just lost her first Pokemon while her opponent had lost two already so she wasn't too concerned about losing Swoobat, she did was in the lead, so to speak. However the pouring rain coupled with a Thunder wielding Electric type did present an enormous problem for her Flying types. Anything she sent out could easily be struck down by a Thunder, or at least taken down to an inch of consciousness. She had to be careful, to make a plan of attack to get rid of this thing, she had to take a risk, even if it meant possibly sacrificing her one Pokemon lead over her opponent.

"Unfezant! Use Hypnosis!" Skyla cried out as she tossed her next Pokeball out, the ball popping open to release from within a female Unfezant. The plain looking bird would immediately note the gender of the Raichu and become annoyed with its presence, huffing as its Rivalry ability activated. Ignoring the forming Rivalry for the moment the Unfezant let out a trill and began to dance around, locking eyes with Yuki's and never breaking its stare as it began to assault the mouse's mind with hypnotic suggestions of sleep.

(Rolling for Hypnosis, 60 ACC. Rolling between 1 to 10, if 1 to 6 it's successful, otherwise Yuki is unaffected. If successful Yuki will be asleep for 1-3 turns, roll for how many.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:10 am
I sighed as Yuki immediately passed out. Depending on how much damage Unfezant could do, my ace for this gym could go down before she could level the playing field, cementing my disadvantage. There wasn't anything I could do about it, however, so I just had to wait.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:17 am
Skyla smirked as the Raichu passed out, snoring as Unfezant successfully put it to sleep. Skyla was proving to be a powerful Gym Leader and challenge to Terashi on his path to the Pokemon League. "Well then, it looks like you haven't been able to get off the runway in this battle, challenger. I hope you join us in the skies soon otherwise we'll disappear in the clouds! Unfezant, use Tailwind!" The Gym Leader ordered, deciding to take this opportunity to increase her own advantage and create more favorable conditions for her Pokemon.

With a chirp the female Unfezant would begin to rapidly fly around the field, creating in its wake a jet stream of surging wind. For any Pokemon of Skyla's that entered it they would find their speed greatly increased, Unfezant included. Coupled with the still blowing fan Terashi's Pokemon might find it incredibly hard to hit the birds.

(Going to post for two turns in this one post so you don't have to wait longer.)

Skyla would watch the mouse continue to slumber, stirring just slightly to indicate it would wake up in a minute or two, Skyla having plenty of time to get another move in safely without fear of immediate retaliation. "Unfezant, it's time to go on the offense! Use Return!" The Gym Leader ordered. Her bird would let out a cry and become enveloped in a bright white light, drawing upon its love for its trainer to power the attack, coupled with its feelings of Rivalry towards the other female.

With a flap of its wings it threw itself into the Tailwind and became a missile locked onto the slumbering Raichu, slamming into it chest first, unleashing all its stored up Normal energy as it executed its Return move. After contact Unfezant would pull away and fly back to its side of the field where it would flutter in midair and await for its opponent to finally wake up.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:54 am
Yuki shouted in panic as the pain of being rammed into woke her from her slumber. As she was getting up, I scowled at the increased wind output. Rain Dance hadn't worn out, yet, but it was on its way out, and neither of my two Rain Dance users were available to bring it back. I had to make this shot count.

"Alright, Yuki, give this next move everything you got! Use Thunder on Unfezant!" I shouted confidently, trying to motivate Yuki as much as I could. The Raichu nodded confidently, then channeled her Electric-type energy through what was left of the Rain Dance. I had to hope this would hit. The Rain Dance normally guaranteed a hit from Thunder, but with all this wind, I couldn't be certain.

I just had to hope.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces