Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Continue? [Unova Badge Run] (Ter) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 10!

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:28 pm
(Rolling for paralysis chance on Thunder since you didn't. 1-10, if 1-3 then Unfezant is paralyzed, will then roll for possible full paralysis.)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 6:31 pm
The Thunder would strike the Unfezant, the rain guiding it to its target. With a shrill cry the bird would fall to the ground with a thud, twitching slightly from the excess electricity flowing through its body. Stumbling to its feet it shook and ruffled its feathers, it took a powerful hit but it wasn't done yet, it still had some fight left. As the bird stared down its opponent the rain began to stop, there wouldn't be a second Thunder, not like that.

"Well we certainly don't want to take another one of those! Unfezant, we're sticking to maximum damage! Let's see if this Raichu can withstand a second blow from the full force of our bond! Use Return!" Skyla cried out.

With a shrill cry Unfezant would muster up its love for its trainer and convert it into Normal energy which would then engulf its body. With a flap of its wings it would launch itself off the ground and into the Tailwind stream which would send it rocking towards its 'rival' female, Raichu, further empowering its attack. The last time Raichu was hit with this she was asleep, now she gets to be awake for the full force of this powerful blow.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:08 pm
I was elated when Thunder hit. Unfezant hadn't been out for long, so the fact that Thunder left it on its last legs was a particular point of pride, especially since I hadn't spent as much time with Yuki as I had some other members of my team. Adding paralysis to that would have been the perfect way to secure this gym's badge for myself, but I was grateful for what Yuki accomplished without that. "You've got a really good gym theme going, here," I couldn't help but comment as the last drops of Rain Dance fell, signaling the end of its effect. My lack of answers to Flying-types outside of Yuki was the main contributing factor to the difficulty I was having in this gym, though. Forgetting about Charge Beam when I brought Orion out didn't help.

"For the most part, I'm proud of what the Unova Gym Circuit has shown me thus far. I wouldn't mind being a part of it, myself." I don't know what brought on this monologue from me, but hearing Skyla order an attack knocked me out of it. "Show them what we'd bring to the table, Yuki!' I ordered, deciding to make use of my lapse of attention. Yuki, able to figure out what I was going on about thanks to being half-Psychic, glared at the advancing Unfezant and charged Psychic-type energy, surrounding her enemy with a powerful Psychic - though the force of her concentration prevented her from avoiding her opponent's incoming attack.

The strenth of Unfezant's Return, wrought from the affection it felt for its trainer, brought an impressive force to bear on the Alolan zap mouse, but she was in better shape than her enemy. Her body hurt like hell, but she wasn't on her last legs, yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 7:53 pm
Unfezant would collide with Raichu with fierce impact, no doubt delivering great pain upon the rodent. However the mouse managed to let loose a Psychic attack at the moment of impact sending the bird spiraling through the air. Quickly Skyla could tell her bird was knocked out when that special move hit so she immediately recalled her Pokemon in mid-flight, no sense in putting it in more pain.

"Excellent work! Looks like you might still be able to turn this around. Though don't expect me to make it easy on you! You still got a hump to get over and this one is a big one!" Skyla said with a smile as she took out another ball and hurled it into the air, the device popping open to reveal the metallic Johto native Pokemon, Skarmory.

"Skarmory, let's show them why you're one of my answers to Electric types! Use Drill Run!" The Gym Leader ordered.

With a shrill cry the bird would take flight and like its comrade before would throw itself into the Tailwind to greatly increase its speed but this bird would instead begin to rotate violently, sharp pointed beak first, Ground energy rapidly expanding out from its body and engulfing it, creating a vortex of energy around it or a 'drill'. It's target; Raichu.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 9:23 pm
I was a bit disappointed that she didn't have anything to say about my aspirations, but it wasn't like she was obligated to listen. She seemed impressed with my performance in her gym, at least. The next Pokemon she called out was a problem, though. Yuki might have been able to handle it if she were fresh out the ball, but she was at half health, and I was certain her opponent had a Ground-type move tucked under its wing. I tried to recall her as quickly as she could to prevent further lowering of her energy reserves - I'd need to preserve as much of that as I could.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized I was well and truly up against a wall. For my fourth and final Pokemon slot, I had Odo, Brunor, and Rala to choose from, and Skamory likely had an answer to all four of them - Odo was weak to Ground much like Yuki, Brunor to Flying and Rala to Steel. Odo wasn't much of an option, at any rate, as he lacked any super-effective moves. So the question was between Rala and Bruenor. Defensive strategies never really worked for me before, but since Skarmory had moves that hit each of them super-effectively, so since I was technically on my last Pokemon, I had to be careful about what I chose. Brunor definitely had Rala beat in terms of toughness, though he was lacking in defensive options. Both of them had Reflect, but Rala had more options than just that.

I snapped out of my though process when I realized Skarmory hadn't slowed down due to lack of an opponent, and was on a collision course with me. Panicking, I grabbed a ball from my belt without looking at what I was grabbing and flung it. Fortunately, my instincts didn't fail me. Rala immediately recognized the threat Skarmory posed, and about a second after she'd left her ball, she had Reflect up and ready to intercept. She had reason to celebrate her haste - she could tell from the damage she did take from the attack that she'd be over halfway back in her ball if she didn't get Reflect up in time.

The barrier from Rala's Reflect was going strong.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 12:39 pm
Skarmory would strike Rala with fierce might, the damage mitigated by the Reflect of which was certainly a saving grace as Gardevoir weren't particularly physically 'hardy' creatures. Taking a u-turn and now back on the other side of the field, hovering in the air, Skarmory would stare down its new opponent and wait for the next command.

"Smart move on the Reflect! If you want to become part of our gym circuit one day you'll need to use more clever tactics like that. With that said...I don't like you doing that so...Skarmory, use Taunt." Skyla commanded.

Proving to be a continued challenge Skyla would order a Taunt from her Skarmory who proceeded to verbally mock Rala from its airborne position, Dark energy infused in its words as it attempted to enrage her into going on the offense and eschew any move that doesn't deal direct damage, like that earlier Reflect.

(Turn 4 of Tailwind.)  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:25 pm
...fuuuuuuck.

The only way I saw Rala seeing any success in this fight was by using Wish to keep her health up. I had a whole strategy ready to go - going so far as to have Rala use Healing Wish to heal Yuki so the Alolan Raichu could finish things, but no. Just go ahead and throw all semblance of thought out the damned window.

...ugh. Much as i hated it, I couldn't knock it. Hell, I'd likely do the same thing if I had the same kind of advantage she did. I had to respect it, but I didn't have to like it, and I could tell Rala was just as pissed off about the whole situation as I was. Maybe moreso, considering she could understand the insults Skarmory was hurling at her through its Taunt. Well, no point in dragging it out. "Mystical Fire. Hit it where it hurts."

With pleasure, Rala generated a plume of fire around her hands, building heat and intensity before launching it at the Steel-type bird. It was a shame the move didn't have a chance of inflicting Burn on Skarmory - it could stand to have its physical strength reduced.

The barrier from Rala's Reflect was starting to wane  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:44 pm
The flames would sweep over the taunting bird causing it to let out a shrill shriek, the move not only Super Effective but dealing a form of damage that Skarmory do not like; special damage. Once the attack ended the bird was winded and its wings about clipped, it certainly was not going to be able to take another Mystical Fire that was for sure. Knowing this Skyla had to make the best use of this next move and she had just the idea already cooked.

"Use Metal Sound!" Skyla commanded.

With a chirp the Skarmory would begin to rustle its metal feathers, rubbing them together to produce a violently painful ear splitting sound which threatened to sap away at Rala's Special Defenses harshly.

The Tailwind has puttered out.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:58 pm
Great. Keiko must be hating this gym circuit by now with all the sound-based attacks she's had to endure. My ears weren't exactly enjoying it, either, but hers were much more sensitive than mine.

I shook my head to focus my thoughts on the battlefield. Given the emotion behind that Metal Sound, it was pretty clear Skarmory didn't appreciate being hit by Mystical Fire. Not being one to spam moves if I could help it, I'd spare my foe from being hit by that move again. We had other options. "Use Thunderbolt!" I ordered.

Rala extended an arm toward Skarmory, gathering Electric-type energy in the palm of her hand before allowing it to spread and ricochet between her fingers before firing it off at her enemy. If Skarmory couldn't take another Mystical Fire, I was willing to wager it couldn't afford to take this move, either. I just had to hope it hit.

The barrier from Rala's Reflect was waning.  
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 6!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:06 pm
And just like a lightning rod the Thunderbolt was easily drawn to Skarmory, shocking the bird something fierce and causing it to clatter over onto the ground, knocked out cold. With a smile Skyla recalled her Skarmory, tucked its ball away, and pulled out her forth and final Pokeball.

"You've done very well to fly this high! But now it's time for your descent. Will you hit the runway or go off into the dirt? Time to find out. Swanna, take to the sky and bring a maelstrom of wind with Hurricane!" The woman cried out.

Hurling the ball into the air the device would pop open and release from inside the white bird itself, her signature Pokemon, Swanna. With a beautiful cry the Pokemon appeared but immediately began to flap its wings with fierce and terrible might, generating an awful gust of wind that only increased in force, rapidly creating a swirling gale that threatened to toss the weakened Rala around like a rag doll across this gym. Skyla was playing for keeps and had set up for this very moment to make short work of Rala, Reflect or no Reflect.

[If 1-7 Hurricane hits.]  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
TerashiLeonGoken generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 2!

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 pm
(Rolling for Confusion)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:41 pm
Rala went tumbling through the air, hitting the occasional wall and even the ceiling once before eventually being unceremoniously slammed back to the ground. She managed to levitate to a somewhat upright position, but she couldn't keep still. Her body and especially her head kept swirling. It wasn't long before I realized what was wrong. She'd gotten Confused by the swirling vortex Swanna brought out. The waning Reflect couldn't prevent any of the damage, as the move was powered by Swanna's special strength. As if her being on her last legs wasn't bad enough.

I couldn't rely on her in this state. To make matters worse, Yuki couldn't take much damage, and Rala couldn't do anything about it as Skamory's Taunt was still in effect. I could shift between the two to get Rala in a state to use Healing Wish, but... dammit, none of this felt right. This wasn't as bad as the Striation City Gym, to be sure, but it's definitely the most I've struggled since. There was no strategy that could carry me through this battle when it was this close to the wire - no high-level plan that could steal victory from the clutches of defeat. The future was just too uncertain...

...the future. "Rala, I need you to focus for me. I know this is asking a lot, but I want you to try to use Future Sight. This fight's so close to the wire, it's got me shaking. I need to know if we can see this through." I meant it at the time, but the way I said that... ugh, it was embarrassing enough giving out such a heartfelt plea to my closest friend, nevermind the fact that a Gym Leader, my wife, and whoever else was in the stand were in earshot. To make matters worse, Rala seemed to just sit in place. I couldn't even sense her mind.

I facepalmed. This was a mistake. She was a sitting duck out there, ripe for the fainting.

~*~

Despite her jumbled mind, Rala was able to focus her energy enough for her senses to dull. In a second, all she could sense is what played out in her mind's eye - a very worn out Yuki taking on Swanna. Despite knowing she didn't have the strength to go all that far into the future, seeing that victory hadn't already been achieved hurt her pride and sent her temper into a boil. On instinct, Rala pushed her psychic ability to it's limit, sending every mote of Psychic-type energy along with every ounce of her rage at the mental image of Swanna, who at that moment in time was about to deliver a punishing defeat to her master's last Pokemon. She simply refused to allow it to happen.

The barrier from Rala's Reflect was about to fade.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:14 pm
As Rala peered into the future she could see Skyla and Swanna, a battle raging with Terashi, her trainer, opposing them. She viewed the battle from a first person, or Pokemon, point of view and from what she could see it was a close one, Swanna was winded, they just needed one last hit to take out the badge and win her trainer his badge. That was when she could feel the surge of power swelling in the future, her rage guiding her to a vast pool of power of which she would reach out to grab, to unleash upon her trainer's foe and-

"He is coming..."
A voice speaks in Rala's head, interrupting her vision, said vision becoming blurry and distorted as the strange sounding words vibrated in her mind, painfully. These were not her words, nor her trainer's, or anyone else's that she recognized nor were they part of her vision. She had no idea where they came from but one thing she did know is there were malevolent. Just three words, promising, or warning, the approach of another, and they terrified her. Dread and fear would flood into her heart following them, interrupting her Future Sight.

Swanna and Skyla had a moment where they looked at each other questioningly and confused, their opponent was doing...nothing? They couldn't hear the Future Sight command so it was not immediately noticeable as to what was going on but instead of questioning it Skyla decided to finish this Gardevoir off and finish off the rodent that would come next.

"Hm...Swanna, use Air Slash." Skyla ordered, somewhat concerned about her opponent but it was an official battle nonetheless.

With a chirp Swanna would begin to flap its wings violently and conjure up a painful gust of wind which carried with it sharp blades made of Flying type energy which would rack across Rala's body, slicing her as the wind blew.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:15 am
What. The. <******** wasn't even trying to channel through Rala as she used Future Sight, but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't need to to hear THAT. What the hell just happened? I had no idea where that voice came from, but it definitely put a wrench in my plans. Even if Rala could recover from that mental assault in time to dodge Swanna's Air Slash, she wouldn't have enough strength left to keep in the fight. Future Sight was a last-ditch effort on its own.

The sinking feeling in my gut that led me to ask for Future Sight in the first place only quintupled after all that, but there was no way I could back down. With no other options, I let Yuki out of her ball. The Alolan Raichu had far from recovered, but she was my last bid in this fight. My only gambit left was the fact that both Swanna's types were weak to Electric-type moves, and with Rain Dance long-since dried up, Thunder was way too much of a gamble to go for. "We're almost done. Give this bird the best Thunderbolt you can muster," I told Yuki.

Yuki leaned forward in anticipation, her cheeks bristling with Electric-type energy as she gathered as much of the stuff as she could. After a few seconds, the energy burst forth from her, lunging toward Swanna.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:05 pm
The Thunderbolt would strike Swanna, zapping the bird and causing it to let out a pained screech as it flailed and flapped around. Once the attack ended the Swanna would be slumbered over and look a bit fried, standing there motionless. For just a few seconds the bird swayed and it almost looked like it would fall over until...it didn't. "S-swan..." It moaned, lifting its head up and showing it had survived the attack.

"Swanna! End this with Brine!" The gym leader ordered.

With a cry the bird would unleash from its open beak a powerful stream of high pressured salt water, the saline water blasting the Raichu and inflicting additional pain upon it as the rodent was well under half its max health, literally rubbing salt in its wounds.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff