Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[PRP] If I Pay Thee Not in Gold (Lady Ink/Sh'valt)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:19 pm

Rivercrest was among the most corrupt sprawls in all of Pern that dared to name itself Hold. The mere sight of it sent a roll of white hot fury coursing through Lady Ink's veins. She had chosen this mission because Lady Zheria, Weyrwoman of High Reaches, had wanted someone who had experience on the job. Aishe had obviously had other ideas, judging by the young Bronzerider that she'd sent along for the ride. Or rather, to be the ride. His Bronze seemed likely enough, if quiet. But then, quiet well suited the lady.

She had loathed young men like this one more often than not, but would accept his aid, whatever it might be. "There. Fly over that ridge, and land where the trees will hide us from view," she said, retrieving her fine jewelry from the satchel that she'd brought for the occasion. Ink did not enjoy being dressed in this manner. It evoked a time that was both painful and all too familiar.

Swiftly placing rings on fingers and ear bobs in ears, she wound a necklace of exquisite pearls around her neck, pausing to give the rider a glance. "Go over your plan with me." She assumed that he had one... although that was probably a foolish idea, come to think of it. Working with free spirits like this one was always... trying. Still, he seemed clever enough, if overeager. And presently utterly terrified, it would seem.

Celeanor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:38 pm
Sh'valt was not moving.

Sure, he was physically swaying with his dragon as the big bronze powered his way through the skies over Rivercrest - but no, he wasn't otherwise moving. Truthfully, he was afraid to. The woman Aishe had sent him to meet up with was ... well.

She was a woman. Not a girl, not a hold mother, not a granny or ... any number of innocuous humans of the female bent. No, she was ... rather like Aishe, except not his auntie, not someone he owed allegiance too, and frankly ... she didn't seem too thrilled to be in his company either.

She feels like blood on velvet. He thought to his dragon, pensively, until the Lady Ink began moving (and dressing?!) of her own accord. And speaking to him. And ... shardit.

Shall I do as she asked? Bru queried, already angling his wings. Sh'valt nodded, counting on Bru feeling his assent since he was too busy trying to think up an actual plan.

By the time Bru had landed, he'd managed to think of a few things - things that he could mostly thank Aishe for.

Waiting for Brulixianth to settle all four legs on the ground and fold his wings, Shev took a moment to breathe deep then removed his helmet, half turning so Lady Ink could see his face. "Well, milady. It's ... it relies a lot on what I encounter once I make these first few contacts. Lady Aishe gave me a list to memorize before I left, and a set goal. It is my preference to remain as inconspicuous as possible and work through these contacts to secure ... what I've come here for." He still couldn't say it ... it made him sick every time he remembered why Aishe had sent him. "But it's my understanding that I'm here to pose as a buyer. I'll be leaving Bru somewhere out of sight, and from there assume the guise of a Northern Lord's point of purchase."

Shards, he could play the dirty playboy if needed, he certainly had known enough of them to mimic their mannerisms, but he hated the idea. Absolutely hated it.

Celeanor

Dangerous Lunatic

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:11 pm

Ink had anticipated that this mission would require a certain persona. Given what this young man had to say, she was all the more certain of it. "Then I shall be your floozy, I suppose," she said, mulling the notion over. "Not overly bright, so that I will be able to take note of the lay of things while you do the talking." A man sent to buy children for that purpose would assuredly have no moral compunctions.

As her role would require a bit more of a showy look, she reached down and began loosening the laces on her bodice, allowing one sleeve to slip off her shoulder. She was meant to be a loose woman, after all. Beautiful, decorative, and... dull. That would make her job significantly easier. Such a woman would fade into the background where they were going.

There was a long stiletto hidden within that skirt, easily within reach should she decide that one of the bastards who dared keep children for their pleasures needed to die a swift, painful death. "I have some leads on the slave trade," she added. "However... pinpointing brothels where children are made to work and not simply learn... that will need to happen on this trip." Which she presumed was his purpose.

Celeanor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 am
Blinking at her, he quickly looked away when the laces started moving - and kept his eyes studiously elsewhere until she was done. Sh'valt wasn't fond of this idea, less so when she used the term 'floozy' and 'his' ... but this was the world they were diving into.

This is the world you are here to do something about. Straighten up.

Golden eyes snapping to attention at the reminder, Shev nodded his understanding and agreement with her plan. Shaffit, he wasn't just along for the ride, Aishe had trusted him with this for a reason.

"My lady gave me a name, many names, but there is one that may be a start regarding those locations. A Madam Ieya?" He left it at that, wondering if Lady Ink had similar information. Then, as his brain kicked into high gear and he really started thinking about how they were going to do this...

"A lordling doesn't simply walk into a hold, particularly if he has funds and the intent to purchase. Is there a livery stable near? Or a rider we could trust to convey us with the appropriate fanfare?" He asked, already certain that his bronze would be a last resort. "Someone at Western?" Shards, he'd have to get changed too, wouldn't he?

Celeanor

Dangerous Lunatic

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:47 pm

So, he did have a mind in that pretty head. Good. Ink turned to observe the man, preparing for the inevitable need to be adoring of this young pup. "Madam Ieya is well known to me... although we have never met." Madam Ieya had, upon occasion, served as refuge to some of the poor unfortunates that had crossed her path, and let the whisper of that information find the right ears.

Giving him another once over, she nodded. "You will need to change. And we will need to head down the road to the stables. I know a place." Where did Ink not know a place? "Change now." For indeed, Lady Ink did not care about his nudity, but others would care if he did not present well.

Celeanor

[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff