Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:11 pm
User Image

These hot sands were now Baku's home. She'd lived among the firekin most of her life and almost all of her adult life. There was a place at the table for her among this pride of warriors and that was all the dark female needed. Some times the duties of a soldier were tough but the reward to know that, despite her smaller size, she was able to do these duties had been reward enough.

Heat was something that was probably the worst part of living in among the firekin but even that was something that Baku found a way around. She was good at knowing the best resting spots to get out of the sun that were still in line with her patrols. She'd memorized every patrol path and every place she could duck in if she was over heated.

It was in one of these calculated cooling areas that she had come face to face with something with claws and a stinger. It was quite big and Baku found herself not wanting to relieve her self while it was persistently snapping its claws in warning. Normally she'd take care of this little pest but the quarters were quite close. There was the uncertainty that if she was unable to kill it she might not be able to avoid its stinger in such a suffocating area.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Baal'esh had been born to the scorching sands, a child of old blood and new. The heat did not bother him so much as it may have others. Perhaps it was his light pelt that reflected the heat, or his mother's hot blooded nature that had given him a such an affinity for the heat.

It was not shade that had drawn the white lion this way, but rather something else. These shady rocks had always proven to be an excellent hiding place for smaller creatures that wished to escape the heat of the day. Mice, scorpions, even snakes and rabbits could be found hiding in these places.

Hmm....

His nose twitched, searching, eyes narrowed, tail flicking behind him. He had caught scent of something, perhaps a mouse hiding in the rocks. Well, maybe he could catch it and feed it to a snake.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:48 pm
Amon Larethian

There, sitting on the edge of the make shift shelter, Baku scoffed at the damned scorpion.

"Seriously.. I realize that we all need relief from the heat but you've ******** gotta be kidding me that you have the audacity to snap those pinchers at me. Mother ********..." She groaned. The sun wasn't getting any cooler and the sands served as surface that intensified its heat. Baku was not a happy lioness.

She'd yet to realize around the corner was another lion sniffing out the small space. Some soldier she was.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:23 pm
Baal was zeroing in on the scent, it was nearby. No, it was not a mouse, mice did not smell like that, like blood and sweat, and....fire. He raised his head, catching sight of a dark form. His eyes narrowed, gazing at the lioness, what was she doing out here?

As he approached, he heard her voice. Hah, maybe she was going crazy from the heat, talking to herself. She wouldn't be the first, or the last. Then as he drew closer he too saw the much smaller creature. Oh, it looked angry, haha.

"Don't tell me you're actually afraid of that."

The white lion scoffed, scorpions were nothing to be concerned with. You just had to know how to handle them, something he'd done since he was a cub.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:35 am
Amon Larethian

Baku's eyes narrowed as she turned her head to see another had approached her. Shed been so focused on the scorpion that she did not notice him approaching at first.

"I'm not afraid of it. I am not going near it in such close area... It'll be able to sting me before I'm able to kill it. It's too cramped for me to move much in there but please show me how brave you are. You'll be doing me a favor." Her voice eged with annoyance. Of course she wasn't afraid of a scorpion.

"Go on and show me how brave you are."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:20 pm
Baal laughed out loud, a hint of mania echoing in his laugh. 'ope, he was not buying it. He would not have called her a coward, but she'd have to do more than posturing with words to convince him she wasn't afraid of the scorpion.

"You are much too large for it to harm you. A scorpion that size is no danger to you....unless of course you are incredibly unlucky."

There was a darkness in his smirk, a hidden danger, Baal may not have been entirely....sane. To demonstrate his point, he reached out with one paw, setting it front of the creature in invitation. A click of pinsers, the scorpion twitched, perhaps it was debating. And then it stepped forward, climbing onto the offered paw, it's tail still raised as the paw moved, lifting it from the rocks and away from the lioness until it reached the lion's eye level.

Ah you're a good scorpion aren't you.

A grin, the paw moved again, setting the scorpion back on the earth, this time on the other side of the rock away from the lioness.

"It's the small ones you should be worried about."

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:28 pm
Amon Larethian

The other lions laugh had Baku's hair standing on ends. There was nothing pleasant to a laugh like that and Baku wasn't fully sure how she felt about that. But for now, she watched as the lion set out to prove her wrong.

Amazing!

With no effort at all the lion was able to convince the scorpion on to his paw and moved it some where out of the way leaving Baku to feel silly. She stared at the pale male and couldn't help but wonder if he had some kind of power over him to command scorpions but that was a silly thought and Baku soon scrapped it.

"..................." She stared, "Small ones? Have you had a lot of experience with scorpions?"

She had been meant to make a fool out of him but the tables had been turned in a big way.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:37 pm
"It is the smaller scorpions who have the more deadly venom."

He had seen this first hand, had even pitted them against each other in the days of his cubhood. Why yes, yes he did have a lot of experience with scorpions, one could even say he had an obsession with them. Also with snakes, he was also quite fond of snakes.

"I find them to be fascinating creatures."

Beautiful and dangerous, and quite useful. A deadly scorpion could easily dispatch an enemy with no one the wiser as to the true cause. No one would ever suspect a scorpion as the tool of an assassin. And yet, the scorpion could just as easily turn, and take the assassin as well, perhaps that was why he found them so fascinating.

Alpaca Chobi

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:53 pm
Amon Larethian

"I'll take your word for it." Baku felt a little better about her situation but she did have questions about how this lion knew so much about scorpions. She'd not grown up around them so maybe those who had fire born in to their blood knew a little more about their environment than she did. Baku assumed that was probably the case as it logiced out just fine.

"Well .. Thank you I suppose. I'm not sure I'd say they're fascinating but I am glad you came along. It was actually pretty lucky." She grinned.

Though now she'd wasted a lot of time on her patrol and she was needing to get back to her post before too long. The soldier female knew she'd get in trouble if it was thought she'd been slacking which in a way she had been.

"So... gotta get back to work but... Maybe I'll get lucky again and you'll save me yet again." The last bit was said in a flat sarcastic tone. It was evident that Baku was feeling mixed about the whole needing help thing and was not entirely grateful.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:09 pm
Baal flashed her a wicked grin, the kind that was unnerving as his laughter, a grin reminiscent of a most definitely not-sane green and purple villain of comic fame, well if lions knew of such things that is.

"That remains to be seen."

Lucky? Maybe for today it was, but maybe she would change her mind about what sort of luck it was later. Did one consider themselves lucky to meet a creature such as Baal'esh? Well, certainly they would cross paths again and she would consider the answer then.

He watched as she left for a moment before turning his attention back to the scorpion. They truly were remarkable creatures, perhaps he would find a mouse for it to play with.

Alpaca Chobi
end?

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out