Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Archives
[Hiring] Certist & Colorist Hiring Thread: Congrats!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:07 pm
Calling All Certists... and Maybe a Colorist or Two!

Welcome to the Echoes of Pern Hiring Thread!

Thank you guys for checking out this thread! DaisyMilk, our primary certist, has been having some technology trouble and has been nibbled on by RL. She's asked for some help catching up on certs! Given how we're growing slowly but surely, and have a lot of dragons coming down the pike, we need an active certist! We've got some substantial backlog to catch up on, and a double clutch of dragon hatchlings that will have three stages in need of certing! Needless to say, we need help!

I'm planning on running one full-time helper! For this position, you will be expected to help catch up backlogged certing, as well as cert anything requested going forward. You will need to log into the shop mule to drop the certing, as well as upload your certs to our shop Post Image.

While the position is pretty flexible, we do need someone who will be able to get certs out in a timely fashion once the backlog is cleared. Pets kind of come and go through the shop; some months we're pretty quiet on the new-pet front, while other times someone drops a flit breeding, or we run a hatchling, and suddenly there are a lot of requests in one go.

If certing isn't you thing, we're also looking for maybe one or two additional colorists. We've got some pretty awesome colorists already, and I don't want to over-hire... But I think we've room for a new colorist to help make pets.

Interested?

Begins: Soon
Ends: At least until July 20th @ 5pm ET. Possibly longer. I'll let folks know if we need to extend it to garner interest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:29 pm
Rules, Expectations, and Rewards

In Echoes of Pern we're looking for skilled individuals who are wiling to dedicate their time and abilities to the shop. We're looking for people who can be team players, will be drama free, and want to keep the game fun. Before you apply, I do want to let you know of some general rules, expectations, and rewards.

Hiring Rules

• All posted work must be your own.
  • All shop templates belong to Masterharper/Uta and Echoes of Pern. Do not share these templates or use them for your own personal gain.
  • Please do not edit the lines outside of expression edits or scarring and tattered wings, etc. This is primarily an unedited shop, so we don't need to see much by way of editing.
  • This position is colorist or certist only. This means if hired you will be expected to color dragons in a timely fashion, or cert pets in a timely fashion. You will not get any say over the actual running of the shop, its game play, or its plot.
  • If you want to help out with lists, running games, or other miscellaneous activities Uta or Mr Cheri will approach you about it.
  • I repeat, your job is the one we hired you for. Mr Cheri and I are very protective of our shop, and how we do things. Even as a colorist, you don't get to just give out pets you make -- Cheri and I tend to have ideas of when and how we give out pets. You are coloring for the shop, so we can run it as we see fit.
  • You must be able to open folders and .PSD files.
  • You must be able to save files as PNGs and know how to use Photobucket.
  • You must be able to download shop fonts.
  • You must be able to take criticism and possibly fix or tweak your art or cert when asked by Cheri or I.
  • You must be able to get along with people you don't like or are upset with. This is imperative. We don't want personal drama to get in the way of running a smooth and friendly shop. You don't have to like everybody, but you do have to work with the, either as fellow staff members or players.
  • Should we hire a colorist we will give away their designed dragons in some sort of event. Colorists should not plan on keeping them or homing them themselves! They will go to players and will go out in a way Cheri and I decide.
  • Please make sure you have the time to devote to the shop. If you miss deadlines or aren't producing enough work, we will let you go.
  • Please make sure you communicate. If RL gets busy please let Uta know so they don't think you're shirking your duties.

Colorist Expectations

• You must be able to color complex patterns on large templates.
  • You must not be solely dependent on brushes. It's one thing to use them to design dragons but we also want the work to look original and have brushes blend naturally with hand drawn designs.
  • You must be willing to design at minimum five (5) adult dragons a month.
  • You will be required to pick up, or be assigned, clutch dagons. This means designing dragons based on predetermined colors and themes. Clutch dragons have three stages, and all must be completed prior to the Hatching.
  • You will be required to run Firelizard and Wher breeding raffles.
  • You will be required to help pick up Transfer Thread dragons, Starter Pack Dragons (you must make all 3 for an individual player), and Staff/Player Customs as needed.
  • You should be a self starter. While Uta will sometimes have specific tasks she'd like you to work on, you need to be able to keep yourself productive between large scale events and Hatchings. This usually means taking on flit breedings or making future puts of various colors to deposit into our future-pet-thread
  • You will need to run all giveaways by Uta and Cheri. Most dragons are given out in some sort of event and often by us -- so colorists don't often get a say on where or who their freebie dragons go, and we have a right to say no to ideas or suggestions you have. You are being paid to color, not to run the shop, sorry!
  • You must hang around the thread and Discord if possible. Players (and Staff) gets nervous when colorists are nothing more than ghosts. You don't need to RP but hanging in the thread and Discord would be great when possible.
  • You MUST keep shop secrets! This means not telling ANYONE about future clutches, colors of baby dragons, or spilling the beans! A lot of the fun in this shop is surprises, so this means screaming in staff Discord and NOT letting players know until there's a reveal. If anyone is caught spilling staff secrets, you will be fired immediately.

Certist Expectations

• You must be able to cert in a timely fashion. We're not crazy. We would hope within two weeks of a request being made, a month if there's a lot of pets or a sudden rush. Just communicate with us if you start running into trouble!
  • You must stick to the shop approved fonts and styles.
  • You must be willing to at least cert 10 things a month, provided there are outstanding certs.
  • If there are no certs to pick up, you must be active in the Discord and Main Thread. If you have skill, you may also be allowed to color fire-lizards for future giveaways, or may be assigned other administrative tasks such as archiving old threads, etc. You do not get to color dragons unless Uta and Cheri say so.
  • You may be required to cert multiple stages for Hatchings. We won't give away the Weyrling or Adult certs until they are ready to be dropped, but you may be asked to do so behind the scenes.
  • You will be certing both dragons and fire-lizards, and any other pets the shop creates.
  • You should be a self starter. While Uta will sometimes have specific tasks she'd like you to work on, you need to be able to keep yourself productive between large scale events and Hatchings.
  • You will drop the certs in The Dawn Sisters drop mule.
  • You must hang around the thread. Players (and Staff) gets nervous when staff are nothing more than ghosts. You don't need to RP but hanging in the thread would be great when possible.
  • You MUST keep shop secrets! This means not telling ANYONE about future clutches, colors of baby dragons, or spilling the beans! A lot of the fun in this shop is surprises, so this means screaming in staff Discords and NOT letting players know until there's a reveal. If anyone is caught spilling staff secrets, you will be fired immediately.

Rewards and Shop Perks
I will be the first to say, don't join if you think you're going to be paid a lot. This shop is probably 95% free. While I usually try to run one paid raffle or some sort of auction or money-making-event to split evenly among all active staff, for the most part, staff do this because they want to color, cert, or help the shop succeed.

What we do pay you in, though, is a primarily drama free setting, with cool players, chill staff, and relatively easy-going and understanding management.
We can also promise a lot of dragons and flits and other pets.

• Certists & Colorists are able to custom into future Hatchings.
  • Certists & Colorists are able to color your own pets as payment, after Uta approval.
  • Certists & Colorists are able to color pets for your friends as payment, after Uta approval.
  • Certists & Colorists will be given a cut of Shop Event paid bribes, auctions, raffles, etc.
  • Colorists get 100% profit from customs, breedings, and paid flatsales or flaffles.

Honestly, this shop is more of a volunteer gig. If you're here looking for fast ways to get gold or items you might not find as much of it as you'd like. We will compensate you primarily through pixel pets and gold/items when we run paid gigs, but we do give out a lot of free pets for people. Like a lot.

Please, please keep that in mind when applying.

Have any questions? PM Uta!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:19 pm
The Applications

If you're still interested we ask that you fill out this form and post it to this thread. We may not hire everybody, so even if there are applicants that have amazing art ability we may not get to choose everyone. We'll be looking at shop support, colorist or certing skill, and whether or not we think you'll be a good fit with the current staff.

Please fill out the entire form and don't despair if we don't choose you. We may be in touch with you later down the road or open up hiring again later.

For colorists, here are some pro-tips:
1. Color the shadows
2. Color the lines (though black can be used on super dark dragons)
3. Make sure the lines, shadow, and base color are all easily seen.
4. Make interesting and more complex designs and patterns! Don't give us simple. Give us something special! While simple dragons can be designed and given out, we do like dragons that wow mostly for Hatchings and larger Events.

Colorist App
Flying Dragon
Seeking Dragon Template

Please don't use these templates for your own use or outside shop hiring. Please don't share these templates or use them as reference material.

[size=28][b][color=green]Let's Get Coloring![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week?[/b]

[b]We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? [/b]

[b]Are you able to work without direction in between events and hatchings?
This means picking up Transfers, Nameday Wishes, Flit Breedings, and just designing dragons for future giveaways, etc.[/b]

[b]Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? We tend to critique Hatchlings the hardest, but any pet might be asked for changes, especially early on while you're getting used to how we work![/b]

[b]Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones?[/b]

[b]What photo editor / digital art program do you use?[/b]

[b]We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue?[/b]

[b]Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? [/b]

[b]Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way![/b]

[b]Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you[/b]

[b]Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern?[/b]

[b]Please post at minimum 4 dragon samples:[/b] [Use thumbnails or links since the uncerts are large. Remember, we will want to give them away in some fashion if you're hired!]

[b]Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider:[/b] [It is okay if you don't have any.]

Certist App
If you wish to try your hand at certing, just download the cert, and have at. The font's you'll need are the following:

Fonts needed are: Montez and Ostrich Sans Rounded. Montez does require a black stroke effect.

Right now we require you to pick a color from the pet to have it be their name, and to keep the background as it is. But otherwise you guys are free to mess with colors, or play with changing the background colors to match the pet, or not, whatever. So long as all the information is present and visible-ish, we're happy! We're looking for certs that are visually interesting, and display the pets well!

These do not have to be complicated, and you don't have to muck with colors if you don't want. At minimum we're looking for it to match what I've already designed, but feel free to branch out if you have an idea. The worst we'll do is hire you and ask you just follow what we've come up with!

Cert Download

Silmarath of Be'ren
Colorist: demon_pachabel
Played BY: Mr Cheri

Hessianth of L'nik
Colorist: Masterharper
Played By: demon_pachabel

Takarath of V'kenti
Colorist: Masterharper
Played By: Nilah44

Kalikath of Ahlalei
Colorist Mr Cheri
Played By: faesinger

Fantoth of N'man
Colorist ShinosBee
Played By: Andranis

Princess looks to Casgar
Colorist: Mr Cheri
Played By: Mr Cheri

Fianth of Olliah
Colorist: Uta
Played By: Uta

Vaareth of Heulwen
Colorist: -_Wish of Tevarae_-
Played By: Keantha

Sahrawith of R'ose
Colorist: demon_pachabel
Played By: houllow

Antereth of R'min
Colorist: Uta
Played By: Uta

[size=28][b][color=orange]Let's Get Certing![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]

[b]How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week?[/b]

[b]We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? [/b]

[b]What would you do if there are no dragons to cert?[/b]

[b]Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask?[/b]

[b]Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones?[/b]

[b]What photo editor / digital art program do you use?[/b]

[b]Will you have any trouble or objection downloading shop fonts?[/b]

[b]We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue?[/b]

[b]Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? [/b]

[b]Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way![/b]

[b]Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you[/b]

[b]Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern?[/b]

[b]Please post a cert of each of the above. Use the dragons and flits listed above and make sure all the relevant information is present:[/b]

[b]Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider:[/b] [It is okay if you don't have any.]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:20 pm
I think that's it!

Open!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:51 pm
Let's Get Certing!
Username: BastetAmun

How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week? Probably about twenty hours a week, I think, not good with estimating this stuff. But you guys know I'm here. lol

We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? No problems, I have a hard time logging off actually. >>

What would you do if there are no dragons to cert? Approach Uta or Cheri to see if they have any Threads that need to be moved or anything else they might need me to help them with.

Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? Yes.

Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones? No, but I did try my hand at a shop of my own that I certed for.

What photo editor / digital art program do you use? Photoshop CC or GIMP 2

Will you have any trouble or objection downloading shop fonts? Nope

We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue? Not an issue at all.

Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? Yes.

Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way! Yes, I am perfectly okay with being told no.

Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you Since I do not care for confrontation a lot, I like the drama free so, behavior will not be a problem from me.

Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern? Because this shop is AWESOME! Like, you do not no how much I want to work and help out in anyway I can. I love this Shop, I love Uta and Cheri and I love the players!

Please post a cert of each of the above. Use the dragons and flits listed above and make sure all the relevant information is present:

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider: N/A  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:29 pm
Let's Get Coloring!
Username: faesinger

How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week? At least an hour a day.

We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? I am often there. I won't go anywhere.

Are you able to work without direction in between events and hatchings?
This means picking up Transfers, Nameday Wishes, Flit Breedings, and just designing dragons for future giveaways, etc.
Yes. Give me things to color!

Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? We tend to critique Hatchlings the hardest, but any pet might be asked for changes, especially early on while you're getting used to how we work! Of course.

Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones? Soquili (spelldancer)

What photo editor / digital art program do you use? Photoshop

We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue? Nope.

Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? Yes. Secrets be kept.

Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way! Yes.

Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you I understand and appreciate it.

Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern? I love the people, the culture that is being created, and I want to give people things.

Please post at minimum 4 dragon samples:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider:

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Z o m b i k ii

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 am
Let's Get Coloring!

Username: Z o m b i k ii

How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week? A lot. A few hours every night and most of the day on weekends.

We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? Yarp.

Are you able to work without direction in between events and hatchings? This means picking up Transfers, Nameday Wishes, Flit Breedings, and just designing dragons for future giveaways, etc. Yarp.

Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? We tend to critique Hatchlings the hardest, but any pet might be asked for changes, especially early on while you're getting used to how we work! Yarp.

Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones? Yup. I was a general moderator at Legend of Lunaria.

What photo editor / digital art program do you use? Medibang Paint Pro.

We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue? Narp.

Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? Yarp.

Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way! Yarp.

Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you Yarp.

Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern? I like RP. I like dragons. I do art stuff <3

Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider: My DA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:17 am
Let's Get Certing!
Username: Hattaki

How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week? A LOT. Generally evenings and nights because of my job but I can slink on in the morning if needed.

We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? Nooo... I even have it on my phone. I check it first. lol

What would you do if there are no dragons to cert? Reach out to Uta and Cheri and see if there was anything I could help with in the guild for archiving or any other administrative duties.

Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? Of course! How else do you get better?

Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones? No, I'm still a Gaia newbie.

Will you have any trouble or objection downloading shop fonts? Not at all!

We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue? Nope! I use it a lot.

Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? I understand it and love it!

Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way! Absolutely, I have no problem being told no at all.

Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you I hate drama and confrontations and I tend to be really laid back in general. I seriously respect how chill the shop is because it's welcoming for everyone, it's a safe place.

Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern? I love this shop. I love how smoothly it runs and want to help with anything I can. This place is why I joined gaia and everyone is really awesome.

Please post a cert of each of the above. Use the dragons and flits listed above and make sure all the relevant information is present:
User Image User Image User Image
User Image

Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider: Not a good artist. lol  

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:57 pm
Let's Get Coloring!

Username: Smerdle

How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week? A lot. I'm generally on in some capacity from 9am-12am EST Monday through Friday and 10am-11pm on weekends.

We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? Nope! I tend to walk away from my computer without warning which is why I'm always in yellow circle mode, but unless I'm asleep or it's the weekend I'll probably return soon. I might even be persuaded to put the Discord app on my phone if needed uhuhuhuu

Are you able to work without direction in between events and hatchings? This means picking up Transfers, Nameday Wishes, Flit Breedings, and just designing dragons for future giveaways, etc. Yes!

Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? We tend to critique Hatchlings the hardest, but any pet might be asked for changes, especially early on while you're getting used to how we work! Yes, indeed!

Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones? I've worked for a great many shops since 2005, most notably my own and most recently Tendaji. I don't work anywhere right now.

What photo editor / digital art program do you use? Sai and Photoshop.

We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue? It is not.

Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? Yes! I am very good with secrets. ouo

Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way! Yup!

Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you
    I understand and accept and try to be a soft and pleasant smerd wherever I go <333

Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern? To be honest, I want to flood EoP with a neverending supply of flits, but, I mean, hatchings are cool too emotion_kirakira
      i just love this place so much and how you don't scold me for writing my dergs like they're straight out of a john hughes movie and i want to give back to the commoonitee cuz everyone makes me smile <3

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User ImageUser Image User Image

Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider: My tumblr is 97% reblogs of baby animals and critrole and not suitable for human consumption. I guess the art tag might be relevant? And here's the separate art blog I tried to update regularly once that went literally nowhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:08 pm
Let's Get Coloring!
Username: stella cinere

How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week? I'm on almost everyday

We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? It is always on unless I have no internet

This means picking up Transfers, Nameday Wishes, Flit Breedings, and just designing dragons for future giveaways, etc.
Yes

Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? We tend to critique Hatchlings the hardest, but any pet might be asked for changes, especially early on while you're getting used to how we work! Yes

Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones? Soquili

We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue? Not at all

Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? Yes

Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way! Yes

Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you I completely understand.

Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern? I like that the shop isn't edit focus or about money, just color pretty dragons for wonderful patrons of the shop. It is a kind place <3.

Please post at minimum 4 dragon samples: (I am working on them just adding one at a time!)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider:
http://gallow.pixel-blueberry.com/Soquili/Uncerts/Vanitas.png
http://gallow.pixel-blueberry.com/Soquili/Uncerts/ChalchiuitlXochitl.png
http://gallow.pixel-blueberry.com/Soquili/WIP/InfinitiesTriwing.png
http://gallow.pixel-blueberry.com/Soquili/WIP/PandaTriwing.png
http://gallow.pixel-blueberry.com/Soquili/WIP/SabinKamikiTriwing2.jpg
http://gallow.pixel-blueberry.com/WIP/XerneasCeryneiKirin.png
(Theres more if you want more)  

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:32 pm
[Edited 7/21 for tweaking Wild Green, Henna Blue, and Spotted Brown's coloring, Added Koi Green.]

Let's Get Coloring!
Username: Prism Shine

How much time do you spend on Gaia during the week? Hmm... Roughly 10-20 hours? It's all EoP-based right now.

We use Discord a lot. Will you have problems logging into it regularly? I have it running 24/7 on my phone. Not at all.

Yes!

Are you able to take criticism or make changes to a design if Uta or Mr Cheri or a player were to ask? We tend to critique Hatchlings the hardest, but any pet might be asked for changes, especially early on while you're getting used to how we work! Certainly. How can anyone grow if they can't take criticism?

Have you worked at any Gaia shops in the past? If so, what ones? None that ever got off the ground almost a decade ago.

We'll be sharing files through Google Docs. We'll need an e-mail to invite you to download all the templates. Is this going to be an issue? Nope!

Do you understand our Staff Secrecy policy? And that breaking it will result in termination if we find out? Yes! Lips are sealed.

Are you sure you're okay with being told no by Cheri or Uta? We tend to have firm boundaries, but we also give our staff some wiggle room. We just want our shop run a certain way! Certainly. It's your sandbox, you make the rules. <3

Do you understand and accept we are trying to make a really chill, and drama-free shop? Behavior is important, and if you can't play nice, or keep the chill, this shop won't be a good fit for you Yes.

Why do you want to work at Echoes of Pern? A fantastic community that I adore and would love the opportunity to try to help grow. <3

Koi Green
Wild Green
Henna Blue
Spotty Brown
Lined Bronze

Please post any other B/C or off-site art you'd like us to consider: Nothing that isn't almost a decade old
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:33 am
Well, this is a bit delayed, but Cheri and I finally were able to really look at entries and discuss! We had been looking at them on and off since we opened hiring but then RL kind of ate us. It's still currently chewing on our limbs a little bit.... but we're at least able to get this finished.

First and foremost, we want to thank everyone for trying out! Echoes of Pern has grown in ways I never would have guessed, and I want to thank everybody who has made this shop what it is. We wouldn't be here without our talented staff or our excellent customers, so thank you, thank you, thank you!

That said, we can't hire everybody. For those who aren't hired today, please don't take it personally. We love every single one who applied, we just don't want to be over-staffed. Don't give up hope, and we hope that we'll see you try out again during future Hiring Events.

emotion_bigheart

That said, please congratulate our new staff!

Certist Hattaki
Colorist: stella cinere
Colorist: Smerdle

Hattaki

stella cinere

Smerdle

I'll reach out to each of you individually to better describe the position, expectations, and what comes next! We'll bump you up in our Discord and Guild and look forward to working with you!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Archives

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas