Welcome to Gaia! ::

LeVane Academy

Back to Guilds

Raising the next generation of heroes comes with a certain set of challenges. 

Tags: Hero, Villain, Dorm Houses, Superpower, Academy 

Reply [Forum Graveyard]
Grand Splendor Square Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tokyoloverTM

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx It had been months now since he met Isheti and he FINALLY got the curate to ask her out on a date! The young man had feelings for her for some time now but he was never able to admit to those feelings until his little sister stepped in and gave him the push he needed. He was finally able to admit to himself about his feelings on July 4th. Mizuki and himself were out to go see the firework show when they happen to run into Isheti. Mizuki invited her and thank's to Mizuki's "love matching" skills and leaving the two alone at times, Akio was able to ask his co-worker out. When was the last time he was on a date anyways? At least a year by now right? He never had the time to go out on dates or anything because be was always working and taking care of Mizuki. No one wanted to be with a guy that was always working and taking care of his sick sister and world revolved around her. Now that Mizuki was doing better and in school Akio had a little more free time so… Maybe, just maybe he could have someone special in his life? Only time could tell.

Now standing in the middle of the square by the fountain he waited for his date to show. He had come a bit earlier just to make sure that he would show up on time. He waited quietly and watched people walk through the square. It was the weekend so it was a little busier then normal. He noticed some couples walk by together holding hands and going on their own little dates. He started to get a little more nervous just by looking at them. Would Isheti want to hold hands? Should they hold hands? It was only the first date! Should he had brought something for her? Wait did he even brush his hair this morning!? The blue haired giant quickly ran his hair through his hair and let out a sigh. Was dating always this stressful? He honestly couldn't remember… " Don't over think anything… Just enjoy your time and make sure she too is enjoying herself." He was just taking her to the arcade after all so it wasn't like he had to dress up and sweep her off her feet with a fancy dinner or anything. Maybe she would of liked that better though? Maybe she would of been happier with someone who was rich and could afford to take her out to fancy restaurants? Letting out a sigh, the tall man waited for his date to arrive.

With: No one yet…
Wearing: Casual
Mood: Nervous
OOC:

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:55 am
User Image

I'm just ashamed of myself

Be Satisfied With This Please Profile || My Shame Moth Physiology || Location Grand Splendor Square || Company Akio Hoshi|| Wearing Casual Outfit|| OOC Anything denoted with a [[]] means she is speaking Japanese|||

User Image

It had been so long since Isheti had called her family. But she did so not long after Akio asked her to go out with him. It was one of the topics the Mothras conversed about (amongst other things). She confessed that, in the beginning, his height and RKF (Resting Kill Face) were very intimidating. She would not have expected the man to have a softer undertone to his daunting presence. But that discovery took some time to find out. The first few weeks mostly consisted of her teaching him the ropes, being busy in the bar, and trying not to grow frightened by his very existence. It took running into his little sister to soften his image by a considerable amount. Isheti was able to learn (mostly from his sis) a bit about his circumstance. Her mind would involuntarily make the comparison that the two were quite similar. While Akio was working hard to pay for his sister’s bills, Isheti was preoccupied with sending money back home to keep her family’s business afloat. The recent recession hit their small bakery rather hard. Had this small moth not decided to drop her schooling and travel off to a land that would help give her decent money to support her family, the Mothra's store would have surely gone out of business.

But that phone call wasn’t only about how everyone was doing back home, the recent news with her cousins and friends; Isheti chatted a bit about her life in the states and brought up the meeting with her co-worker. Her mother chuckled on the other line and asked quite a few questions about the man. The petite woman spilled out everything on her mind about him. In the end, Isheti’s dad soon came on the line and mentioned if this man was good enough for his little daifuku. A bright blush rose on the girl’s face as she tried to push her father off the line. It was clear that his words had flustered the girl as she decided to end the phone call soon after. In her languorous state, she set an alarm for the exact time she was supposed to meet with Akio. And then her mind was off to sleep with nothing but sweet thoughts popping into her land of serenity.

As you can imagine, Isheti woke up in a flustered and rushed manner this morning. She couldn’t believe how clumsy she was last night! Isheti called up Akio’s number as there was less than 10 minutes left till their appointed meet-up. "[[Hello? Yes, this is Isheti...I-I overslept a bit and I know I’ll be late.]]" The girl peeled off her clothes as she turned the shower on. "[[I’m so so sorry for being so inconsiderate!]]" She’d hold the phone to her ear before giving a few bows. "[[I..I think I’ll be late by...what time is it again?]]" The woman asked for the time as water ran through her hair. "[[20 minutes. I promise I’ll make up for this.]]" Isheti apologized over and over again until that phone call ended. In the span of five minutes, this moth was out of the shower, dried, clothed, and dashing out the door!

"*Huff*...*Huff*....*Huff*" Lavender locks flowed behind the girl’s head as she ran over to their meeting area. She really did arrive in the approximate time Isheti said she’d come. With her hands on her knees, her body slumped forward, her chest rose up and down as exhaustion came over her. "[[I’m...really….sorry for being late….]]" Isheti was panting as she attempted to steady herself on her weary legs. Her appearance would have looked fairly disheveled especially with all the running she did this morning.

User Image

User Image

tokyoloverTM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tokyoloverTM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:38 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx Glancing at his watch he noticed that he time was drawing closer to when they said they would meet here. Blue eyes looked up from his watch and looked around the square to see if he could see any small purple haired woman coming his way but there was nothing. It wasn't the time they aranged to meet so it wasn't like she was late but he was starting to get more nervous and worried. Did something happen? Maybe the subway was down? Traffic? Akio let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his neck, trying to relax about the whole situation. Isheti still had time to get here so there was no reason for getting so worked up about this right? Unless she had already came, saw him, got scared and left… That could be very possible as it seemed that he was rather good at doing that. He scared her a few times a week after all and countless times to customers or even people on the street.

Thats when the sound of 8bit music from pokemon could be heard coming out from his phone. Quickly he pulled out his phone and checked to see who it was. It was Isheti. Taking in a slight gulp he then pushed the answer button and held the phone to his ear. " [[Hello?]]" He would try his best to not sound nervous and as 'cool' as possible but that probably only made things worse in all honesty. It seemed that the little moth would be late for their date which kind of made the tall man relieved as it meant that she was for sure coming, just running late. "[[That is alright Isheti. Thank you for calling me. I will be waiting here for you.]]" He could here he moving around through the phone, just what was she doing? Then the sound of a shower could be heard and Akio started to blush a little as he realized what she was doing on the other line. "[[ Th-That is okay! Oh! Uh…]]" He glanced at his watch before telling her the current time, stuttering a little as he did. "[[ Alright but no rush! I will be here… Get here safe.]]" He hung up and looked at his phone for a minute as he thought about what he just said. He sounded more like a big brother like he was with Mizuki then anything at the end there! With his free hand he face palmed himself and let out a groan, trying to hid his embarrassment. This only lead a near by child to look at him and start crying, telling his mother that a big scary man was making scary noises.

As the 20 minutes passed, Akio ended up sitting on the ledge of the fountain and waited for his date to arrive. trying his best not to scare another child or a grown up. Soon enough those purple locks he knew all to well were in sight and he stood up as Isheti approached him. "[[Are you alright?]]" He asked, a little concerned as she was clearly out of breath. "[[You don't have to be sorry. Here, sit down before you collapse.]]" He offered her, motioning her to sit down on the ledge of the fountain just as he was moments ago.

With: No one yet…
OOC:

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:35 pm
User Image

I don’t like myself very much

Be Satisfied With This Please Profile || My Shame Moth Physiology || Location Grand Splendor Square || Company Akio Hoshi|| Wearing Casual Outfit|| OOC Anything denoted with a [[]] means she is speaking Japanese|||

User Image

While catching her breath after sprinting from the bus stop to her destination, she’d give a meek nod to his words. Her body teetered over to the fountain’s edge and gently lowered herself down on the cool material. Isheti fanned herself as she took a few deep breaths. At least she didn’t come running here with heels! After a moment, the petite woman finally looked up to the towering man. "[[Thank you Ho- I mean A-Akio. Thank you for waiting]]" A sudden wave of bashfulness overcame the lavender woman. Using his first name was still so terribly new and she wasn’t quite used to it either. Had it not been for Mizuki, the two grown adults may have still been calling each other by their surname.

Isheti shyly looked off to the side and caught a glimpse of her haggard appearance. There was a small gasp as she took note of her slightly moist hair, the wrinkles on her clothes, and how her ribbons had been completely undone. This wouldn’t do! Isheti looked like an utter mess and she was the only one who could be blamed! "[[I...oh no..I’ll fix this right away]]" This was such a blunder on her part! Isheti immediately got to fixing the ribbons on her hair before trying to adjust the ones on her sleeves. Yet, it was in her haste that the decorative pieces looked quite sloopy. There was a small improvement to her overall appearance but it was still quite disheveled. The tiny moth glanced back at the surface of the water and huffed out a sad reply. "[[It doesn’t look quite right]]"

When Isheti turned back to Akio, she blinked in surprise. The man offered to help with her ribbons! At first, she gave a meek response that there was no need to do that. But she didn’t have the energy to stop him when he began working on her clothes. Feeling terribly self-conscious, she grew rigid as his fingers touched the soft fabric of her shirt. Isheti would watch him work attentively as he handled the ends of the ribbon with great care. In all honesty, it was like getting a new glimpse of her co-worker. Eventually her body would begin to relax when he finished up her head. "[[Thank you]]" A smile naturally bloomed on her face as looked back at the surface of the water.

"[[Sorry about being late, and thank you for waiting for me]]" Isheti hid her hands behind her back, fiddling with them in a nervous manner. She gave him a once over and tucked her chin into her body. "[[You look different today. A nice different]]" Well, thank you Captain Obvious. "[[I am sorry for making you wait. I was up last night talking to my family and I lost track of the time]]" This was true as she looked up into his eyes. "[[Let me buy you a drink to make up for my clumsiness! Please, I insist!]]"

User Image

User Image

tokyoloverTM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tokyoloverTM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx He watched the little moth sit down beside him and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "[[ O-Of course I-Isheti.]]" Her calling him by his first name was still really new in their relationship so hearing her say it caught him off guard. They had been co-workers for months now but this was the first time they got to hang out alone outside of work. If it wasn't for his little sister, none of this would of happened. Akio of course was grateful for this opportunity to go on a date with Isheti but he also wished he had maned up and asked her a while ago… Without the help of his little sister. ' Gah… Why the heck am I such a loser?' He mentally face palmed himself as he thought about it more. Needing his little sisters help to ask a girl out…

His attention then turned to the small female as she seemed to be worried how her appearance looked. He never really understood why girls worried so much about how they looked. Even Mizuki worried how she looked at a young age and tried teaching herself how to style herself seeing as their parents never bothered. He could remember one memory of Mizuki trying to get dressed for her elementary school class photo and she couldn't tie up her dress or do her hair. She sat in the bathroom crying all morning because she could not figure it out and their parents were no where to be found in the house. So with the help of the internet, Akio did the best he could to braid her hair and tie the bow on the back of her dress. It of course was not the best braid but Mizuki thought it was the most beautiful braid at that age because Akio did it. Since then he had been doing Mizuki's hair until she got the hang of it but to this day, Mizuki would ask for him to do his hair from time to time.

"[[ May I?]]" The tall man would ask in a soft gentle voice before he would carefully take hold of the ribbons of her shirt and start tying them up into a bow. He would do the same for the other sleeve, making them identical. Akio moved his hands away, looking up at the little timid moth before noticing that the bow in her hair was crooked. "[[ It's crooked.]]" His large hands would go to her long purple locks, he was gentle as he would untie the bow and use his hands to brush out her hair a little. A slight blush would come onto his face as he could feel how soft her hair was and smell her shampoo wafting off from her hair was calming. It smelt a lot like Tsubaki Camelia. Snapping out of how marvelled he was by her hair, her got to work with tying her bow in her hair to match the other bows. "[[ There.]]" The male would move his hands away again and clear his throat. Hoping he did not seem weird for the actions he just did.

"[[ Thank you. So do you… I mean you look very nice today! Well you always look nice… I mean you uh…]]" Cr*p! He was starting to sound like a idiot! Not only was he acting like a creep for touching her hair but not he would sound like a idiot. He wouldn't be surprised if someone thought he was scaring or hearing Isheti and called the cops already on him. "[[ You don't have to keep apologizing Isheti. You came didn't you? That's all that matters to me.]]" He would give her a smile before standing up. His large frame towering over her. "[[ There is no need Isheti. Are you ready for you date?]]" He would ask, holding out his hand to help her stand up.

With: Isheti
OOC:

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:31 pm
User Image

User Image

Heather dyed lenses shifted as Akio’s voice drifted into her ear. The petite creature was frazzled, in more ways than one, as she tried to fix her appearance. Isheti’s currently disheveled outfit was very unbecoming of someone of her stature and, as one can imagine, she wanted to address it immediately. But to her dismay, the moth could not tie these darn ribbons! 'What an embarrassment.' Isheti thought as her skinny arms drooped down to her side unhurriedly. It was at this point that Akio grew closer and began to nimbly repair the undone bows. This...was quite close. Sure, her coworker would sometimes bump elbows or shoulders with her at work, or they would put themselves in each other’s personal space for work-related reasons, yet this moment was not one of them. Being entirely self-conscious of the blunette’s presence Isheti’s gaze drifted downward. Those silky smooth eyes shifted to his large dexterous fingers as they looped the ends of her strings together (upon the cuffs of her sleeves). A large gulp of saliva was swallowed before Akio moved to the bow in her hair. With her senses alerted to this 6 feet something’s presence, one could say that this tiny moth was very much aware of how fragile she seemed in comparison to him. His entire presence seemed to swallow up this dainty figure who neatly clasped her hands together by her legs. The two were an odd pair, no doubt about that. And thinking about how the two stood out in the crowd brought forth a sprout of pink onto her pale features.

"[[Thank you very much A-Akio]]" While she did not mean to stutter, a decent portion of her could not get used to calling him by his birth name. After all, doing so was such an intimate manner that was reserved for close friends, family, and romantic partners. But she repeated her thanks with a small bow of gratitude. The man didn’t have to go out of his way to help her when she was in such a flustered state. It spoke a lot about his character. Especially right now as he was finding it hard to get his thoughts out of his mouth. It brought a feather-light smile onto her lips as her vision climbed up his profile and stopped just shy of meeting his gaze. It wasn’t polite to stare into anyone’s eyes for a prolonged time, especially in her culture. But back to how Akio was acting. She had noted something different with him in the past month. While he had always been kind but slightly overbearing (with his presence more so than anything else), Akio’s manners have grown incredibly shy and endearing lately. His struggle with verbally talking to her helped to soften his image by a great deal and made him much less oppressive. Isheti had an easier time at work as the man’s presence was more of a comfort than an overpowering shadow.

"[[No no! I insist! It was rude of me to make you wait so long already. I don’t know if I can show my face around you if I can’t show you my sincere apology]]" And the woman meant every word as her tone came out with conviction. If he was to reject her apology then how was she supposed to show herself around him anymore?!

Soon enough Akio said something that changed the tone of their entire conversation. While Isheti took his offered hand one could see pure perplexion on her features. "[[You mean the arcade?]]" What else could he possibly mean? If they were to go on a date then it was customary to hang around a large group of friends or co-workers, in order to see how capable the two were in a social setting. Then, should Akio want something a bit more private between the two, well..... It would look like he had jumped over some rituals that were a necessity in the daily life of a Japanese citizen. Recalling that the tall man was American born began to dawn on her. If his parents never taught him the Japanese’s tradition, then she could be understanding but it placed her in a bit of a pickle. The moth had seen enough American films to understand that those people had very vague customs when it came to dating. Did that explain Akio’s nervous demeanor?

"[[Is there a game you wanted to show me?]]" The confusion was visible on her features as she straightened her posture and released his hand. What exactly was happening today?

User Image

User Image

tokyoloverTM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tokyoloverTM

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxIt seemed that the little moth was more embarrassed by the way he acted just moment's ago with him tying up her bows. Did he already screw up this date when they had barely started!?What else was he going to do? Just stand sit there and watch her struggle tying her ribbons up when he could help? Was dating always this hard? Was understanding the opposite sex always this hard? The tall man felt like ripping his hair out but he did his best to look calm… Which to some might just make him look more intimidating. Akio was still amazed that someone like Isheti would even agree to going onto a date with someone such as himself. He was not the most charming looking guy around, was rather intimidating, talked way to much about his sister, over worked and was barely able to support himself. Why would anyone bother with a guy like him? Even when people did they did not stay long in his life…

"[[ You really don't have to Isheti. If you really want to make it up to me for being late then you can by enjoying your time with me today.]]" The dark blue haired man would say before he gasped a little, realizing how that may sounded rude. "[[ I mean I am not forcing you to have fun today! I hope you do but I don't want to force you!]]" Idiot, idiot, idiot idiot! He was just digging himself a deeper whole for himself and he wouldn't be surprised if he was reaching his limits before Isheti ran off. As the small woman took hold of his hand that he offered his dark blue eyes would move to look at tier hands. Her hands were so soft and small compared to his. He felt as though he had to be extra gentle with her hand as not to break it. He had held Mizuki's hands many times before but it had never felt like this before… The grown man felt a rush of warmth go through him just by simple holding the purple haired woman's hand.

Akio was a little lost in the moment from holding her hand that he didn't really hear what she said at first. He blinked a couple times before his attention would be on the woman instead of their hands. "[[ Uh… Yeah? That is where we agreed to go on our date right?]]" He asked, a little worried that this was not what they agreed to do today. He was sure that he mentioned that they were going to the arcade today. They did not mention any other place did they? He was sure of it. Looking at Isheti he noticed how confused she looked by all of this. What was wrong? Did she not want to go to the arcade? Was there something that she would rather do for their date? Thinking about it a bit more it finally hit him as she let go of his hand. She did not see this as a date…

' YOU IDIOT! The girl he had liked for the last little while did not see this as a date. Because he asked her out in Japanese he did not use the proper sentence to properly ask her out. Due to the fact he was raised here and not Japan, his japanese was never formal really and he would forget how different the culture could be from times. So because he asked her in Japanese in a unformed way, she saw this as just a ordinary outing and not as a date. No wonder she agreed to come! He was a fool to think that someone like her would agree to come on a date with him.

"[[ Yeah… A game I wanted to show you. Lets get going.]]" He would put the hand she held in his pant pocket before leading the way to the arcade. Wanting to hit his head against a wall all the way there.

OOC:

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:58 pm
User Image

User Image

It was beginning to dawn on the petite creature that their environment had a lot to play with their miscommunication. That was obviously seen as he rejected her offer for recompensation. Instead of some physical compensation that the two should agree on, Akio spoke about something that was abstract. She was at a loss which could be seen on her face. For how did merrily enjoying her time with Akio, at this point of time, settle her sleepy mistake? Maybe he was being kind and considerate of her lackluster funds? Perhaps this was how Americans pardoned someone’s slightly excusable actions? My, the people here were odd if that was the case. "[[I don’t have a lot of experience playing games so I hope you will help guide me]]" Isheti’s response came up humbly and, more importantly, to save his face. It wouldn’t do any good to tell him that this wasn’t a date. Perhaps if she were to spend more time with him, understand his quirks and antics, maybe her answer would change too.

Isheti nodded her head as she did recall making plans to visit the arcade with him. Granted, that was probably not the only place they might go but it was hard to tell with Akio. This last month had proved difficult for her to have a full understanding of him. Even as he spoke now, the stuttering painted him as a nervous teenage boy who was asking out his crush. It was endearing to see but the question was: should she go along and see how the day would go?

Lost with her question she did not immediately note that he had left her side. Of course, it wasn’t hard to pinpoint the giant man as he seemed more sullen and downhearted. "[[Akio!]]" Isheti called out to him before moving over to his side. Maybe talking about the “date” wasn’t a good choice right now. Looking up at his face, Akio looked like a wounded puppy. Isheti didn’t have the heart to hurt him when it looked like he had gotten himself prepared for today. It was best to address it later. "[[The games at the arcade, are they the ones you played on your PSP?]]" Holding her hands in front of her body, Akio may note that this moth wasn’t a fast walker. Her short legs were nothing compared to his very lengthy ones.

"[[Has work been treating you right?]]" There was something she had to confess and paused. "[[The boss said that we might not work the same shifts anymore. When I asked him “why” he mentioned that you said you were taking on more jobs.]]" Isheti politely bowed before apologizing. "[[I don’t mean to pry into your life A-Akio, but have you been overworking yourself? You look more and more drained whenever I see you at the Smokey Lounge]]" Maybe it was all in her head but it would be dispelled with just a few words from the blunette, that is if he wanted to.

User Image

User Image

tokyoloverTM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tokyoloverTM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx He screwed up big time. It was such a simple little thing but it ended up changing the whole mood of this outing. What he thought would be a date and a day where he maybe could show and express his feelings to the woman he liked turned into just a outing with his coworker. Not what the young male had in mind but this was a good step right? He still would be able to enjoy Isheti's company and spent the day with her which was what mattered to Akio. To get to know her outside work and spend time together. He didn't want to rush her or scare her off so maybe this was a good thing that she saw this not as a date. If he made it clear it was a date maybe she wouldn't e as comfortable with him if she even agreed to it. "[[ Don't worry I will teach you.]]" He gave the small female bit of a smile. He might as well still enjoy they day with her even though he screwed up.

Akio forgot that his legs were longer then Isheti's so he was already a few feet away from her in a matter of moments. The blue haired giant stopped in his track's as the woman called out to him, looking over his shoulder he could see the little moth running over to him. "[[Ah sorry,]]" He mumbled slightly, rubbing the back of his neck as he made sure to walk slower and not take as big of steps. "[[ No they are different games. They are more hands on or old school games..]]" He tried to explain as they got closer to the the arcade. They were just outside the arcade when Isheti stopped and asked Akio about work. "[[Huh?]]" Why was she asking about work all the sudden? Most of his shift's at he Smokey Lounge was the same of hers so they normally worked together? Had he been acting weird at work to make her think something was wrong? He had been trying to act as normal as possible around her but her was sure he slipped up by getting nervous and staring at her… Was that it!? Did she catch him staring at her!? He tried so hard not to and when he did he would try not to seem creepy or get caught! As The little moth explained more he let out a sigh as it seemed to not be the case. "[[Oh no it's okay I don't mind.]]" He cleared his throat and thought about how he would answer her question. He was not use to people worrying over him really other then Mizuki. "[[ I am just doing some labour work for a few people. Just a few times a week, it's nothing I can't handle. Besides more cash right?]]" He let out a a light laugh as he tried to lighten the mood. "[[ I know this might be a little much to ask but… Please don't tell Mizuki. I want her to focus on school and not fuss over the fact I am working more hours.]]"

The tall male then turned to the door of the arcade and opened the door for his coworker to enter before he would then follow in. It had been since high school since he last been at this arcade and it brought back old memories. He would come here with his friends and play a few games after school. The sound of games going off and people cheating one another on filled the room. Akio motioned the little moth to follow him and lead her to the front where they would be buying their tokens for the games. Without asking her how much tokens she wanted or anything he bought her the most amount of tokens he could buy and showed her the big cup of tokens. "[[ Do you think this will be enough?]]" Akio wanted to make sure she enjoyed today and play any game she wanted to play, even if it meant she wanted to play every game here at this arcade. "[[Where should we start?]]"

OOC:

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:51 pm
User Image

Be Satisfied With This Please Profile || My Shame Moth Physiology || Location Grand Splendor Square [Arcade] || Company Akio Hoshi|| Wearing Casual Outfit|| OOC Anything denoted with a [[]] means she is speaking Japanese|||

User Image

The petite creature thought about whether or not she could be taught. Ever since she was little Isheti had been a bit of a klutz. While it was endearing in the first few moments, it became less so when she nearly got run over by a car at the young age of 3. Though that happened when the girl was nothing more than a toddler, the Mothra’s soon implemented a leash in their child’s life. While that would keep the girl safe and in close distance, Isheti did not have a full comprehension of “privacy”. But what did this have to do with the lavender girl and video games? Lack of experience. Isheti was often called on to help the family’s Japanese sweets business and had little time for anything else. Occasionally she would hang out with the neighborhood kids and engage in some tomfoolery, but that had more to do with exploring the area and less on staying indoors to save Princess Peach from Bowser. But this outing with Akio should be a good learning experience, yeah?

If her memory worked correctly then she recalled Akio’s PSP was a handheld device. So how were the games at the arcade different? "[[What do you mean? I don’t know a thing about games but your PSP was a “hands-on” device, I think. Is that different?]]" Surely that question would show just how much of a noob this creature was to the world of games. Whether Akio answered the question right away or waited to show Isheti what he meant, the answer would not sway what she had to say regarding work. Yes, the moth was aware that she may have done something that was invasive of Akio’s privacy. Which is why she repeatedly apologized for her actions. "[[Do they need more help where you work?]]" Sure, she could have said she was worried that he was overworking but Isheti understood why he was pushing himself. The petite moth needed to do the same if she wanted to send money back to her family. "[[I promise I won’t tell her. School is very important..]]" Agreeing wholeheartedly, there was something else stirring in this woman. Bittersweet memories of the past and dreams that couldn’t be realized until everything back home was remedied.

Everything was very new when this newb entered the arcade. People were jamming oversized buttons, dancing to some very loud music, others were surrounded by a group of friends as a pair challenged each other in some fighting games, and so much more. It was quite lively here, much livelier than Isheti would have imagined. The petite creature was distracted by the bright lights that she didn’t realize the transaction going on right next to her. "[[Huh?]]" When something big and heavy fell into her hands, it was enough to pull her attention away from the illuminated screens. She gasped when she spotted a lot of coins in her cup. "[[This is too much! Let me pay for half of this!]]" How much could these coins cost?! Isheti already knew that he was tight on money and who knows if these coins were setting him back! "[[I don’t know where to start...I don’t have a lot of experience with games...]]" Cautiously looking down at the collection of arcade tokens, purple orbs glanced back at the bright screens for a moment. She would need to be careful to not get hypnotized by them. "[[Why don’t we play a game you liked to play? Maybe something from your childhood?]]"

User Image

User Image

tokyoloverTM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200

tokyoloverTM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxx"[[ Yeah my PSP is a "hand on" device but I think the proper term you are looking for Isheti is "Hand held" device. It means it is a gaming device that I can hold and play in my hands. The games you see in arcades are not "hand held" as we can not hold them in our hands..]]" Akio would then get lost a little while trying to explain the different terms and differences between gaming devises and how that newer systems such as his PSP would not be there. Once one got to know Akio you will find out that the adult was rather a big nerd when it came to anything gaming related. It was a bit of a shock considering his appearance. Maybe the blue haired giant should of been a game designer or engineer instead of a teacher assistant and bar tender? The thought crossed his mind when he was a lot younger but he also had a passion for sports and he was really good at that as well. In high school everyone thought he would be recruited for a baseball team right after high school and play in the big league. That was his dream too for a while but that dream went away when his father injured his shoulder and he had to give up baseball.

"[[ O-Oh sorry I didn't mean to talk so much about gaming devices.]]" Great, now he just sounded like a big nerd and probably only confused the little moth even more. Well he was a latterly a BIG nerd (6'3) but that was besides the point! "[[ I guess…]]" The giant didn't really know the answer to that as he was paid under the table at these labour jobs. He was not qualified after all to work at these jobs but he did have the muscle for them. It was just labour work after all. As Isheti promised not to tell his dear little sister about the extra work he was doing he gave her a weak smile and a nod. Mizuki did not need to know about it, she had school to worry about so that she could have a brighter future. She had a chance to do something and be someone.

The tokens had been bought and Akio was ready to start playing some games! It had been some time since he had played any games in general. With all the work Akio does he had very little time for himself to play games and since he sold his PSP for extra cash, he didn't have any gaming devices other then his phone with free apps. So he was rather looking forward to play some old school games today and teach Isheti about them as well. Hopefully she would have fun… "[[Hm? Really? I normally go through two of these in a day- I mean! Uh… Well there are two of us so it should be fine! If we don't use all them we can save them for another time!]]" Like there would be another time with the way he was acting! BIG NERD! "[[ D-Don't worry about it. My treat.]]" He said as he glanced away, a bit embarrassed from the way he had been acting. He felt even more of a idiot when she expressed she had not experience with games. This whole day was going down the drain more and more. It probably wouldn't be long before Isheti would run off. Maybe she already wanted to but was to nice (or scared) to leave! "[[Something from my childhood?]]" Blue eyes then scanned the arcade to try to think of something he would of played in his childhood and that would be easier for Isheti to play. The dark blue eyes would then fall onto the classic Pac-Man arcade machine.

Motioning her to follow, Akio would lead her the way towards the PaC-Man game, making sure his steps were not long and that the little moth stayed close to him. Standing in front of the machine he gave the purple haired woman a smile. "[[ How about Pac-Man? It is a classic and one of the easier games to start with. Have you ever played before Isheti? I can show you what it is like if you like.]]"

OOC:

Hope the kind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:58 pm
User Image

Be Satisfied With This Please Profile || My Shame Moth Physiology || Location Grand Splendor Square [Arcade] || Company Akio Hoshi|| Wearing Casual Outfit|| OOC Anything denoted with a [[]] means she is speaking Japanese|||

User Image

'[[There’s a difference?]]' The woman couldn't help but think that as Akio did his best to differentiate the two terms. With no hands-on experience themselves, the moth could only walk along quietly while doing their best to absorb the information. While Isheti had little to no passion in games, Akio was brimming with a level of enthusiasm and endearment for these devices. But the man’s fervor did not deter the petite woman. He was doing her a big favor after all. If not for that pool of information, then Isheti would have possibly had no means of understanding the importance of this arcade. Could today’s outing have possibly been Akio’s way of sharing his love for video games with her? If so, it was a very endearing attempt at courtship.

Purple locks sway back and forth as the moth shook their head. "[[Don’t be sorry. You don’t talk a lot about yourself at work, so I feel like I’m knowing a new side of you.]]" Politely encouraging the giant blue man, Isheti would not have stopped him from talking a bit more about video games till they had reached the arcade. Though the topic did shift to Akio’s new workload. Maybe that was an opportunity for the petite creature to get some extra green for her family. It didn’t matter what the work was so long as she could do it. If there was any way for this moth to give back to her family then she’d certainly do it. "[[Would you come with me to my home later? There is something I want to give you.]]" Lost in their own thoughts, they didn’t realize how vague their request would sound. But that shouldn’t be too much of a problem…

Did she hear that correctly?! Wide lavender eyes looked back down at the large cup of coins. '[[He goes through two of these?!]]' But she could barely imagine herself going through half of these coins. Would the two already run into a roadblock so early in their outing? '[[Yes, we can save them for later..]]' Was there a later though? With so much work piled on their schedule, they would really have to put their noggins together and find some free time. '[[Then I’ll treat us to lunch after this]]' At least that exchange sounded very fair to her. Isheti took a quick glance at the prices for the coins and...they weren’t exactly cheap. She still did owe him that favor from earlier, he didn’t have to wait for her even though Isheti arrived fairly late.

Oh! Isheti knew Pac-Man! Thanks to the neighborhood kids and technology, Pac-Man was one name that was drilled into her noggin. "[[I’ve never played before.]]" She’d confess while feeling a bit self-conscious with her answer. Maybe her words were a bit silly, especially since her co-worker was well experienced in the art of video gaming. Would she bore him? Well, that certainly wasn’t her goal today. Nonetheless, it looked this moth was about to get some hands-on tutelage as she took a seat. She fumbled around with the coins in her cup and tried to quickly put the circular token into the machine. But she completely missed the slot and the coin was sent flying off into the dark unknowns of the arcade. "[[I..I-I’ll go get it]]" What a terrible embarrassment! Why would she think that, by putting some vigor into shoving the coin into the machine, she’d be able to tell Akio that she was looking forward to playing the game? Ah! And maybe also ease his worries a bit.

Placing the cup of coins on the counter, Isheti began her descent into the darker regions of the shop. But doing so had its risks. The woman may have had good night vision but relying on her peculiarity had its drawbacks, especially in this particular situation. While looking around the floor for this missing token she passed by a rather bright and large screen. Two players were standing on a platform while shooting at some grotesque monsters with their fake guns. While she wasn’t a particular gun enthusiast, the illuminated screen had completely hypnotized this petite woman. She stood, transfixed on the spot, and forgot about looking after her missing token.

User Image

User Image

tokyoloverTM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope the kind

Friendly Gaian

12,925 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200