Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Juan Day in Hoenn - Lykas' Badge Run Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:34 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
"Jeez. I get that you have a job to do, lady, but maybe stop being so stuck-up about it," Abby muttered under her breath as the battle between Lykas and Roxxane came to a close. As Lykas walked up to her, she jumped off the stands and did a little stretching. "That said, you cleaned her clock kinda quick. But I guess only having two Pokemon to fight helps with that. Ready when you are, bro." she said, following behind him.

Lykas nodded to Abby in agreement, stowing his new TM in his bag and pinning his new badge in place on the inside of the bag's cover flap. He'd get a proper badge case later. "Alright, then. Off to the forest!" He exclaimed cheerfully. Petalburg Woods wasn't really anything spectacular but it was also one of those forests without a clearly defined path so if they weren't careful they might get lost. Especially since Lykas lacked a flying type to go find the path for them if they did. And he wasn't sure if Abby did, now that he thought about it.

The more he thought about it, though, the more he realized it didn't matter. They both had SNAGs. Why was he even worrying? GRAY could just find them via GPS and mark their location on the device's map to help them find their way back out. By the time the "momentary" concern was gone, the hybrid realized they were standing outside the north entrance to the forest. "That took way less time than I thought it would..." He announced before heading in.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:17 pm
"Yay for that," Abby huffed. She would follow Lykas regardless, but she could imagine how easy it'd be to get lost in a heavily wooded area, and since it was considered part of the path for trainers to take, she couldn't just have Angela blaze a trail for them for fear of setting the whole thing ablaze. This was gonna get annoying.

As she contemplated that, she noticed Lykas's 'momentary' concern. "You alright? You look kinda worried." Before Lykas could respond, however, the pair of them realized they were already at the north entrance to Petalburg Woods. Abby kept her displeasure to herself, this time.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:07 pm
Lykas nodded to Abby's inquiry. "Ya, I'm alright. Just was thinking about the best way to get through here safely. I haven't been to the forest in a long time." He admitted. "If I remember right, there's actually a shortcut right through the middle going south but just in case, we should make sure to keep up with our location on our SNAGs " he explained as they walked through the woods. "Keep an eye out for wild Pokemon in here." He warned, hearing rustling in the underbrush. It qoukdn't take very long to get through the forest if they focused on not getting lost but the forest was teeming with life. It might not be so easy.

((Battle one wild Pokemon native to Petalburg Woods, North or South Route 104 or an evolved form of a Pokemon native to these areas.))  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:09 am
"A shortcut would make things easier," Abby sighed, but stopped short when she saw something occupying the tall grass. It was a Slakoth, and its sleeping form was blocking the path.

"Jeez, what a place to take a nap. Sorry, guy, but we got places to go," Abby sighed, letting her Machop out of her ball. "Machop, Low Kick this thing off the path. No way it doesn't way a ton,"

Machop nodded and ran at Slakoth, but the second her Low Kick hit, she was knocked back by Slakoth's Counter. "Wha-? Ergh, guess it's not asleep after all. Machop, attack from above. Karate Chop!" Abby ordered. Machop lunged at Slakoth with a Karate Chop into its side, only for Slakoth to not retaliate at all. "What the- Did it fall asleep again!?"

"It's called Truant," GRAY spoke up. "Maybe look up what a Pokemon can do before fighting it. Your SNAG DOES have a Pokedex feature, if you'd bother to look for it."

"Thanks," Abby said reluctantly, pulling her SNAG out as bidden. While she was reading Slakoth's data, it disappeared, positioning itself in front of Machop before striking it via Feint Attack.

"Ugh, I'm done. Machop throw it into the woods with Seismic Toss," Abby ordered. Machop obeyed, grabbing Slakoth by the waist and flinging it past the tree line. Abby relaxed, but it didn't last as Slakoth ran back in front of Machop with both arms raised. "Protect!" she shouted. Fortunately, Machop was able to put up a barrier of Normal-type energy to defend itself from Slakoth's Chip Away.

"So that's the strategy," Abby smirked as Slakoth lay back down. "It can only attack every other turn, so we can just Protect every other turn. Easy win.

With this strategy, Slakoth didn't last much longer. Machop assaulted it with Cross Chop while it was being truant, and Protected against any move it could pull off when it chose to attack. As a result, it fainted in short order. "Now throw it out of the way," Abby insisted. Machop obeyed, flinging Slakoth into the treeline and smiling at its trainer, who immediately recalled it.

"Glad that's finally out of the way," Absinthe sighed, before turning to face Lykas. "Ready to get going when you are."

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:08 pm
Lykas nodded to Abby and started to lead the way, following the old roadbed he recalled once seeing as a child. It had been quite some time since he'd spent any real length of time in this region and, the longer he was here, the more he remembered Erika and the girls of the gym bringing him back to Hoenn as a kid to visit and explore the place that was supposed to be home.

Along the way, however, he'd find himself accosted by a Wingull. "You know... I've always wanted a flyer..." Lykas said to himself before pulling a Pokeball from his belt and tossing it into the air, releasing his Castform, Nacrearcus.

"Arcus, use Reflect Type." The hybrid directed his Castform. The little Weather Pokemon nodded and his body glowed for a second before taking on a bluish tone. He was now a Water-type without changing his form. So long as the weather didn't change too drastically, he'd stay that way.

Wingull wasn't going to be cooperative, however, and unleashed an Air Cutter, sending slicing blades of air at Castform. "Weather Ball, Arcus!" The Castform nodded and, almost in an instant, formed a cloudlike orb of energy with no apparent type of it's own before flinging the swirling cloudball at Wingull. The Air Cutter sliced right through it without disturbing it's form, though. Arcus grunted as the blades hit him, though they didn't appear to be particularly strong.

The Seagull Pokemon flapped it's wings frantically, getting into the air and using the explosive burst of wind from the Weather Ball to rise into the air. From higher up, the Seagull opened it's beak and, after a sharp inhale, it spit a water Gun at the Castform.

"Ok... Put an end to this, quick. Use Shock Wave!" Lykas called to his partner. Nacrearcus nodded and, with a twirl, he'd release a surge of lightning that arced across the forest, striking the bird hard and frying it to a smoking crisp. The poor thing fell from the air, charred by the electrical burns, and landed on a small shrub.

"I'm not gonna lie.. I was kind of expecting more of a fight from you." Lykas told the Wingull as he recalled Nacrearcus to his ball. "I think I'll pass on catching you, after all." He decided, leaving the unconscious avian laying there as he started to walk off out of the forest.

"Ya, I'm good now." He told Abby as he started to walk off. "I hate how few flying Pokemon there are that are actually beautiful..." He admitted with a sigh. "What I wouldn't give to catch a Swanna..."

It wouldn't take too long after that before they had managed to exit the forest via it's southern exit with Lykas finding and leading them down the old roadbed. "We should be able to hit the sea from here and head to Dewford town."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:52 pm
Absinthe just shrugged at Lykas's quandry, not really understanding what beauty had to do with anything but not wanting to insult her brother's taste in Pokemon. When the sea was mentioned, Abby flinched a bit. "The sea... right. I hope you don't mind me bumming a Pokemon from you to swim on. None of mine can ferry me over.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:54 pm
Lykas nodded to Abby with a grin, tossing her a Pokeball. When she popped it open by the water's edge, Kamoana, his Wailord would appear. "She's a big beast so I don't find many places to use her in an effective battle but she makes for great transportation across the water." He'd inform his younger sibling while the float whale Pokemon sank deep enough for the pair to climb onto her back. "Don't get too close to her sides but, otherwise, enjoy the ride."

Walking closer to Kamoana's head so she could hear him, he called out to her. "To Dewford, Kamoana! South Southwest!" He informed, giving the giant aquatic mammal the heading and destination. A small waterspout launched from the whale's blowhole as she began to flap her fins about, getting them in motion in no time at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:17 pm
"Okay, cool," Abby smirked, approving of the giant Pokemon. It didn't take long for her to take a seat on it beside Lykas, and the two were off.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:08 am
Lykas would settle in next to Abby and watch the waves go by as Kamoana carried them off to Dewford Island, only speaking directly to the Float Whale when she needed guidance toward their destination. Otherwise, he watched the sky and enjoyed the quiet away from Snagem for the moment. "I'm surprised we haven't encountered any more Shadow Pokemon... They're supposed to be all over the region but I haven't seen any yet..." It was weird. But then, he did plan to investigate the Granite Cave while on the island. He wanted to see if the town was safe from the infection due to it's isolation or not. Probably not, honestly. If a single Wingull got infected and happened to fly to the island before it succumbed to the virus, it could have easily spread the virus to the native Pokemon.

The trip wouldn't take long at all, thankfully, due to Kamoana's size and the sibling duo would soon find themselves at the docks of Dewford town. Lykas would jump down and assist Abby if she needed it before recalling his Wailord to her ball. The air of the town was tense and pregnant with the very clear concern of the townspeople. "Guess I don't need to wonder anymore..." The hybrid told himself as he looked around. This was going to be an interesting visit.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:18 am
"Wonder about what?" Abby asked, leaping off Wailord. The young Deathrage was no slouch when it came to physical activity. Once she started focusing on her surroundings, however, she was not ignorant to the atmosphere. "What happened here?" she asked, even though the town seemed to be fine from the exterior.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:11 pm
"The Shadow Virus." Lykas explained simply. "I knew it was only a matter of time before it got here but I had hoped it wouldn't have such a devastating effect." He told the girl with a shake of his head. "There's only one place on this island, other than the water, where Pokemon live, really. The Granite Cave out on the North beach."

Looking in that direction, he saw what was making the air feel so tense. It looked like the townfolk had erected a barricade between themselves and the part of the beach where the cave was located. "They must be under so much stress all the time. If the Pokemon there ever leave the cave system, they're literally on the town's doorstep." With another shake of his head, he would head to the Pokemon Center first. He hadn't bothered with getting his Pokemon healed up or switching them out for ones better suited to the upcoming Gym after his battle against Roxanne.

After getting his Pokemon healed, he'd set about swapping out few of his Pokemon, ensuring he had Kamoana on him for their transportation on to the next leg of this journey and would ensure he had Mykel as his trump card against Brawly. Otherwise, he took a moment, to consider whom he should bring along. He Briefly considered bringing Delmare along but figured that might be more an insult to Brawly than anything to bring in a Legendary Pokemon against a gym leader meant to test the developing skills of newbie trainers. Then again, his very presence in the man's gym as a trainer with so many years of experience was likely an insult in itself.

Once his deliberation was done and he had decided upon which Pokemon he would bring to Brawly's gym, he finally notified Abby that he was done. "Ready to hit the gym here?" He asked as he headed toward the Pokemon Center doors.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:41 pm
Absinthe didn't say anything further, but from the look on her face it was clear she didn't like seeing the town in the state that it was in, either. People deserved to have a place to feel safe, that's what she wanted to say. But those ideals didn't do anything to alleviate the suffering these people were going through.

"You bet!" Abby cheered, looking forward to the next gym leader clobbering an any excuse to not think about what the Shadow Virus has done to this island's inhabitants.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:50 am
Lykas nodded to his younger sister before walking out of the Pokemon Center at last. It was a short walk from the Pokemon Center to the Gym, especially given the fairly small size of not only the island but the tiny settlement generously referred to as a town that rested upon it.

With Abby in tow, he would enter through the front door and approach the desk here, realizing after his experience in Rustboro that Gyms weren't as simple as he'd always believed. One didn't just walk in, declare their challenge and battle immediately. Now the question came down to "is the desk jockey present?".

SubonicXP

TerashiLeonGoken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:27 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

TerashiLeonGoken

"Heeey! Welcome to Dewford Gym, dudes!" A typical surfer 'dude' greeted the pair as they entered. The muscle bound thin sleeve-less shirt man stood behind the receptionist counter and was clearly standing there to greet and assist people but by sweat running down his body and the musk coming from him it was easy enough to tell he had just got done working out. These types never stopped working out, no matter what.

"This gym is sweet. Not only do we train our Pokemon here but also ourselves! Can you smell that? That's not just sweat but gnarly dedication and dedication!" He went on. "I assume one or both of you are here to face the gym leader, huh? Don't get me wrong, I'm not making assumptions on your appearances, dudes, and if you want to sign up for a work membership that would be gnarly! Either way, if it's the Big Wave himself you want to fight then head on through that hallway. Without a wrist band the others will know you're there to battle and not build mass." He said with a laugh.

Said hallway was just past the receptionist desk, leading them into what looked like a large complex filled with all kinds of work out equipment, an actual gym, not a Pokemon gym, at least in appearance. The stench of body odor was most potent here.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:07 am
]"I can smell it, alright.[//i] Absinthe cringed, holding her nose shut to avoid the noxious, testosterone-fueled fumes. "I suppose the relief effort has prevented you from equipping this place with the plumbing necessary to provide your trainers with baths. This place reeks, Abby complained. She didn't want to be too mean about pointing it out considering what the rest of the island had been going through, but at the same time, nobody should be made to endurin her opinion.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff