Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Juan Day in Hoenn - Lykas' Badge Run Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:57 am
Lykas had never met a "Bro"-er man before before in his life and hoped to high heaven he never would again after today. These surfer types in Brawly's gym were more meathead than true surfer and that always bugged him. Real surfers cared more about enjoying the waves than what they or anyone else looked like. This lot, though? They were bodybuilders in beach bunny's clothes. And the acrid stench of body odor was proof enough of that. "This place needs a hit of Sweet Scent before I suffocate in the smell of man. Which normally wouldn't be a bad thing for me but even I have limits." He quipped to the people in the gym as he sauntered through. Passing through what appeared to be a locker room on the way to the gym, however, he'd take plenty of time to oogle while blocking his "innocent" younger sibling's eyes with one of his tentacles until they were through. "Maybe they aren't all bad..." He said to himself as they reached the battlefield, one person in particular coming to mind as before he stopped. "I'm here to challenge Brawly!" He called out, not seeing the Gym Leader at first.

SubonicXP

TerashiLeonGoken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:21 am
Requiem of Whyspers

TerashiLeonGoken

"Whoah man, what's the prob? You're killing the vibe with all the shouting." A blue haired man responded to Lykas as he entered the room, surfboard in hand and soaking wet shoes clapping against the floor, the kind of shoes that had individual toes. Gross.

"My name is Brawly, man. Here to challenge me for a badge? Nice." He said, resting his surfboard against a nearby treadmill before walking over to the marked battlefield at the center of the circular room, taking a long look out the wall of windows which overlooked the ocean before taking his place in the gym leader's box. For a moment it looked like he regretted leaving the ocean for this.

"Alright, let's do this." He said with a nod. "Like I said, I'm Brawly! Dewford's Gym Leader! I've been churned in the rough waves of these parts...and I've grown tough using the cave at the outskirts of this town as my training ground, as well as using the equipment in this gym. So you want to challenge me? Let me see what you're made of!" The man declared, music proceeding to burst through the speakers in the room. That was a new one.

Without another word he tossed a Pokeball onto the field, the device popping open to release a Machop, the little boyish Pokemon flexing upon appearance. Was he not taking this battle seriously? Soon after a woman bodybuilder proceeding to step up to the side of the field after. "So like, this is a single battle, three Pokemon each! The challenger gets the first move, duh." She declared, obviously the ref. Her built physique was betrayed by her manner of speech, big time.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:03 am
Absinthe took a seat nearby to watch the proceedings. The gym wasn't too bad, or wouldn't be if not for the smell, but she tried to ignore that and focus on the looming battle. "You got this, bro!" Abby shouted, cheering Lykas on.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:41 pm
Lykas smirked at Brawly as the man appeared and began his introduction. This was a spiel he'd heard countless times over the years. Every Hoenn trainer that came through here who wasn't smart enough to catch a Ralts, a Meditite or a Flying-type before facing him seemed to know it by heart by the time they were done with their rematches against him. By the time Brawly was done, Lykas was mimicking his movements in almost perfect sync, mouthing his words and mirroring his exact movements, it seemed. "You really need to add some variety to your introduction, you know." He told the man as he dug a Vivid Scent from his bag. "I hope you've prepared for this." He told the Gym Leader as he tossed a Pokeball into the air and jammed the Vivid Scent into his Snag Machine's Immunizer slot before Chinami popped out and let out a vicious snarl of a sound.

"Meet Chinami. She's a Shadow Pokemon and she's just a short jump away from being cured of this awful virus. Your Pokemon will be the stepping stone she needs to make it." He introduced the Pokemon as the protective aura of his Immunizer spread out around them, just in case. He wasn't certain that Brawly's gym was properly equipped to stop the virus from spreading so he was going to ensure he wasn't going to cause it, himself.

Chinami snarled again as she glared at Brawly, ready to attack at any moment. "Hold, girl. You'll get your battle in just a moment." He told her as he looked to Brawly. Just as his music began to blare through the loudspeakers overhead, he called out. "Better send in your Pokemon before she decides you're her opponent."  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:38 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

Chinami snarled again as she glared at Brawly, ready to attack at any moment. "Hold, girl. You'll get your battle in just a moment." He told her as he looked to Brawly. Just as his music began to blare through the loudspeakers overhead, he called out. "Better send in your Pokemon before she decides you're her opponent."

"Shadow Pokemon? Oh! I heard about those! Wait a minute, you're one of Snagem's dudes!" Brawly declared as he looked around at the energy emitted from the Immunizer, almost dazzled by its light. "That's pretty good but like the waves we are prepared to meet any challenge head on! Machop, flex on them! Use Bulk Up!" The gym leader ordered.

The little scrawny Machop responded to the command by striking several bodybuilder-esque poses and flexes, its muscles bulging and tightening in response. It even gained a six pack! Gross. Machop's Attack and Defense increased.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:20 pm
SubonicXP

"That's right, I am!" Lykas replied, pumping his non-Snag Machine-clad fist in the air. "And I'm on a personal quest so you better not hold back and make it worth my time!" He told Brawly. "We've got fifteen minutes before this aura wears off so let's make every second count!"

"Chinami! Let's start this off with Razor Shell!" The hybrid commanded his Pokemon, pointing to Machop as he did. The Dewott drew her scalchops from her obi and glared at the Fighting-type as the blue energy of the attack began to swell forth from them and, for a moment, the energy appeared to be fanning out into their signature form. But before they fully reached the point of "maturation and maintained their form, the energy snapped back into a sword form and Chinami darted forward, sliding across the floor as she attempted the swipe at the Machop's ankles.

~She's listening, at least.~ Lykas thought to himself as his partner acted. He was more right about her being close to being purified than he had thought.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:59 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

"Chinami! Let's start this off with Razor Shell!" The hybrid commanded his Pokemon, pointing to Machop as he did. The Dewott drew her scalchops from her obi and glared at the Fighting-type as the blue energy of the attack began to swell forth from them and, for a moment, the energy appeared to be fanning out into their signature form. But before they fully reached the point of "maturation and maintained their form, the energy snapped back into a sword form and Chinami darted forward, sliding across the floor as she attempted the swipe at the Machop's ankles.

~She's listening, at least.~ Lykas thought to himself as his partner acted. He was more right about her being close to being purified than he had thought.

The Razor Shell hit and slashed across Machop's ankles causing it to buckle down to one knee, however in that same moment Brawly called out to his Pokemon. "Counter and throw!" The Gym Leader ordered.

While kneeling, and just as Chinami began moving past its side the Machop reached back and grabbed the Shadow Pokemon's leg, firmly planting its self against the ground and with all its newfound might spun around on the ball of its foot and turned the Pokemon's momentum against it and threw Chinami at a nearby wall with Counter.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:55 am
SubonicXP

The Razor Shell hit and slashed across Machop's ankles causing it to buckle down to one knee, however in that same moment Brawly called out to his Pokemon. "Counter and throw!" The Gym Leader ordered.

While kneeling, and just as Chinami began moving past its side the Machop reached back and grabbed the Shadow Pokemon's leg, firmly planting its self against the ground and with all its newfound might spun around on the ball of its foot and turned the Pokemon's momentum against it and threw Chinami at a nearby wall with Counter.

Lykas wouldn't get the chance to give Chinami an order to react before Machop had sent her hurtling toward the nearest wall at high speed. The Dewott's body would become cloaked in water as she used Aqua Jet to counter the momentum. It wouldn't work, sadly. No surface beneath her to apply pressure to made the attempt useless, though she did managed to flip herself so that her feet and legs took the brunt of the attack. Her knees buckled slightly as she impacted the wall, leaving a small indention as her weight was thrust against it before her Aqua Jet was able to finally reverse her momentum.

Racing through the air toward Machop once again, Lykas was finally able to call out to her. "Reversal!" She'd just taken damage from that Counter so if she could hit quick enough, maybe she could turn it against Machop in the same way it had done to her? Unfortunately for him, Chinami's rage was building rapidly after her first attack had been quite literally countered and she aimed to unleash a Shadow Break, her watery aura replaced by one of pure Shadow energy, preparing to unleash it upon the Fighting-type in spite of Lykas' insistence that she use something else.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:39 am
Requiem of Whyspers

Racing through the air toward Machop once again, Lykas was finally able to call out to her. "Reversal!" She'd just taken damage from that Counter so if she could hit quick enough, maybe she could turn it against Machop in the same way it had done to her? Unfortunately for him, Chinami's rage was building rapidly after her first attack had been quite literally countered and she aimed to unleash a Shadow Break, her watery aura replaced by one of pure Shadow energy, preparing to unleash it upon the Fighting-type in spite of Lykas' insistence that she use something else.

Thanks to the built upon momentum and the power of Shadow Break Chinami would come down upon Machop with such fierce speed and power that the boyish fighting type didn't even have time to consider the next course of action, let alone register any command from his trainer. With an explosive impact of Shadow energy Machop was knocked clean off its feet by Chinami and sent tumbling along the ground numerous times, its roll along stopped by a treadmill which would no longer see any use after Machop's impact would render it useless.

Brawly would look to his Machop laying in the mangled remains of the treadmill and then at the Shadow Pokemon, taken back by what he saw. "Such strength..." He said, recalling his Pokemon. "Such frightening strength, as terrible and destruction as the ocean angered. I hope this isn't a state you wish to keep your Pokemon in." He said, stashing Machop's Pokeball away to replace with another.

"Medi." Meditate Pokemon declared as it appeared from the second ball Brawly had thrown out after Chinami made quick and terrifying work of Machop. "Be careful, little dude. This one here is like a big wave gnarly wave you're just dying to ride only to find out there is a terrible storm looming behind it." The surfer at heart warned his Meditite.

"Let's keep our distance while we figure this out. Use Mind Reader." The gym leader ordered.

From its cross legged sitting position the Meditite would close its eyes and reach out towards Chinami telepathically, attempting to breach through the shadows clouding its mind and read the thoughts and emotions behind them to better understand this savage creature and perhaps gain insight into defeating it. Brawly wasn't a complete dope.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:10 am
SubonicXP

Thanks to the built upon momentum and the power of Shadow Break Chinami would come down upon Machop with such fierce speed and power that the boyish fighting type didn't even have time to consider the next course of action, let alone register any command from his trainer. With an explosive impact of Shadow energy Machop was knocked clean off its feet by Chinami and sent tumbling along the ground numerous times, its roll along stopped by a treadmill which would no longer see any use after Machop's impact would render it useless.

Brawly would look to his Machop laying in the mangled remains of the treadmill and then at the Shadow Pokemon, taken back by what he saw. "Such strength..." He said, recalling his Pokemon. "Such frightening strength, as terrible and destruction as the ocean angered. I hope this isn't a state you wish to keep your Pokemon in." He said, stashing Machop's Pokeball away to replace with another.

"Medi." Meditate Pokemon declared as it appeared from the second ball Brawly had thrown out after Chinami made quick and terrifying work of Machop. "Be careful, little dude. This one here is like a big wave gnarly wave you're just dying to ride only to find out there is a terrible storm looming behind it." The surfer at heart warned his Meditite.

"Let's keep our distance while we figure this out. Use Mind Reader." The gym leader ordered.

From its cross legged sitting position the Meditite would close its eyes and reach out towards Chinami telepathically, attempting to breach through the shadows clouding its mind and read the thoughts and emotions behind them to better understand this savage creature and perhaps gain insight into defeating it. Brawly wasn't a complete dope.

Chinami landed with a growl, a paw pressed against the ground as if she were taking a momentary victory pose. "I want this virus gone more than you could ever know. Chinami is a dear friend and I hate to see her suffer it's ravages." Lykas replied to Brawly. "But the only way to cure it is to let her fight. Over and over and over, I have to watch as the virus takes a deeper hold on her heart and her mind until her body manages to fight it into a stalemate before the vaccine will work." He glanced away from the battlefield for only a moment as he fought back the tears he could feel at the corners of his eyes.

"She's almost there. I can feel it. " He finally stated as he looked back, just in time for Meditite to appear in Machop's place. The Mind Reader would find a vast sea of darkness and rage within Chinami's mind with little true thought beyond the occasional uttering of thoughts of violence. "Fight. Battle. Kill. Destroy. Annihilate!" Every word punctuated by a mental scream of mixed madness and intense sadness. Should the Meditite manage to wade through the darkness far enough, it would find the core of the Dewott's true self hidden within. She was crying, unable to do anything more than fight against the bonds of these dark thoughts and wicked emotions. It looked like she had the upper hand at the moment but only just barely. The only thoughts not consumed by the virus were of two people. Her trainer, Lykas and another Dewott she often thought of over the years named Samurai along with the words "Help me!" shouted in desperation.

"Chinami!" Lykas voice cut through the darkness clouding her mind for the moment, setting her free long enough to rush to his aid. "Use Assurance." The attack wasn't going to be causing any extra damage than normal but the Dark-type move would be effective. They still had about 10 minutes of the Immunizer's effect to take advantage of and he wanted to get the maximum effect he could with jeopardizing Chinami's well being.

(Immunizer time remaining: 9 minutes and thirty seconds)
{Hyper Meter: 4/10}

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:42 am
Requiem of Whyspers

"Chinami!" Lykas voice cut through the darkness clouding her mind for the moment, setting her free long enough to rush to his aid. "Use Assurance." The attack wasn't going to be causing any extra damage than normal but the Dark-type move would be effective. They still had about 10 minutes of the Immunizer's effect to take advantage of and he wanted to get the maximum effect he could with jeopardizing Chinami's well being.

(Immunizer time remaining: 9 minutes and thirty seconds)
{Hyper Meter: 4/10}

Meditite saw it, the terrible darkness that gripped the mind of Chinami, just seeing it made the Pokemon physically ill. Seeing the awful shadows caused Meditite to recoil and distracted it just long enough for it to be a sitting duck and easy target for the Assurance, the Psychic type knocked clear off the ground as it was sent tumbling backwards. Its Fighting type spared it from a super effective hit but alas but still stung.

"Harsh, Meditite didn't like what it saw I can see." Brawly commented as he watched his Pokemon get up, the Meditate Pokemon responding by giving its trainer a knowing look, as if telling him something. The gym leader understood it loud and clear. "So that's it, huh bro?" He said with an assured nod. "Alright! Latch onto it and pull with Confusion!" The man ordered.

Resuming its sitting position, Meditite closed its eyes and began to focus its mind's eye on Chinami, this feat greatly aided by the earlier Mind Reader. They didn't intend on knocking Chinami out by reducing his health, no, instead they would force Lykas's hand and make him recall the Pokemon for the rest of this battle. Using telepathic power Meditite reached into Chinami's mind, looking for what it saw earlier. Meditite would quickly find what it was looking for, past the terrible shadows which still made its stomach turn, a little sparkle of light; Chinami's true self. With its psychic power the Meditation Pokemon would grab a hold of Chinami's consciousness and attempt to pull it through the shadows, knowing that the darkness would resist and fight against the true self coming forward. It was a struggle for the Meditite but it didn't need nor want to pull Chinami's consciousness all the way out. It might be a dirty trick but the idea was to force the true self and the shadows to fight one another until Chinami either passed out from mental fatigue or Lykas lost control of his Pokemon and was forced to retire it early. Who knew Brawly could be so sneaky and admittedly clever?  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff