Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:39 pm
Quote:
It had never occured to Roshan than one day he would find himself among another a pride, ready to coexist and mingle with lions that had no knowledge of his difficult upbringing or the ghosts that haunted him still. Yet here he was, a newcomer among those that followed The Great Lion, ready to blend into their moonlit world all for the sake of a daughter that deserved to know love as certainly as any ever had.

It hurt his heart to make her pass up a chance that she so clearly wanted - because she would have, had he demanded it.

Roshan sighed as he settled himself comfortably outside the mouth of his den, staring up at the first glimmers of darkness that streaked through the orange and golds of a late afternoon sunset. Stars as bright as the ones that marred his pelt were beginning to peak through. Despite his wariness at the thought of his twin finding him here and causing this pride another round of drama, tonight felt peaceful. It felt calm.

It was a new beginning, one of many he had experienced in the course of his life. He hoped, dearly, that it was the very last.

Quote:
After the Firekin had arrived, Hali found herself enjoying the conversation with the female (and her vulture companion). She did not mind the group in the lands, she was new to really note if they were a threat or not. Instead, she found it was better to treat everyone as a friend, rather than an enemy. If they decided to do something, there were protocols she was sure the Mwezi had in place to subdue it.

It was quite different than what she had acted like when in the rogue lands, meeting strangers. Maybe it was because she knew there were others around. She was officially part of the pride, which meant she was a part of a family again. She would have back up when needed, and vice versa, if pride members needed the same.

Walking new the dens of the pride, the dark lioness spotted a rather familiar glowing blue male. "Roshan, was it not?" She started when she was close enough for the male to hear. "It's been a while. Seems we both ended up in the same place after all," the former mermaid smiled.

Quote:
It was with lazy, dreamy eyes that Roshan took in the sight of Hali. It was almost like a dream, seeing the rogue he had met some moons past, standing beneath a dusky sky, framed by the first hints of moonlight. Had he been a poet, he might have remarked upon it, but he simply smiled instead.

"Hali," he said gently, pushing himself up to a seated position so that he was not sprawled quite so far beneath her. "It would appear so, hm? I was rather hoping that you might like it here, I suppose that I was right," then, a pause, " of course, I was just going by Titere's good word so in the end I guess it's he who was right." The though amused him and he smiled at it, seeming altogether a bit more calm here, sheltered by the numbers of the pride.

"Are you finding the pride of the moon to your liking?"

Quote:
The dark lioness nodded. "I am quite relieved that you mentioned it. I had traveled through many pridelands when we were dispersed. None of them felt...quite like home, even one that was on the sea." It surprised Hali that she did not find herself staying in the Bahari'mtoto lands. The water was calming, the sand reminded her of lazy days beneath the sun. But the Mwezi lands? There was just something about it that drew her there.

"So far everything seems alright The class system is a little different than what I am use to. Going by the phases of the moon. I apparently awoken during the Waning Crescent?" she was still getting use to what that meant. The mermaids knew about the moon cycles, as it was what controlled the tides they found, but other than that she never paid much more attention to it.

"Rank of huntress,'" she finished. It suited her. She was by no means a protector.

"What about you?"

Quote:
It was Roshan's nature to keep the conversation light and formal, to steer her away from familiarity with proper words and stiff phrasing, but the way she spoke of the moon pride and the feeling of being called home seemed to warm some cold, hesitant part of Roshan that he had been keeping guarded. His bright eyes softened and the smile on his face grew gentler, more natural in the brilliant fur of his mask. It was hard to deny someone's truly heartfelt feelings and even if she had not elaborated too much, he could see it on her face that she was really happy.

He had not found that feeling yet but it gave him a little hope. He, too, was always missing a place he could never return to.

"I'm glad you like it here so much. I don't know if I've.. felt that connection yet but my daughter is happy and that is enough for me." If he could not have a homeland he at least wished that she might find her home again. Nyx deserved the world.

"Oh, me?" He laughed suddenly, seeming for all the world awkward and hesitant. It was a demeanor that was completely ill-suited to a lion usually so formal. "I woke up to a full moon, actually. I guess it makes me a Lord? It mostly just makes me lazy."

At least the smille was amused and playful, even if his admission had been a little embarassing for him. He had been many things in his life but lord was certainly never one.

Quote:
"I'm sure one day you will," Hali said with a knowing nod. "But it is nice to hear your daughter is happy."

"Ah! How neat!" The rank system the lioness was still getting use to. She would have enjoyed the title of Lady, knowing that was what her mother had held in her pride. "Lazy you say?" a snort of laughter emitted from the other's throat. "Nah, just makes you more...diplomatic in a sense?" Lords and Ladies were normally held in a different standard. "But, you can always change that. Come hunting with me sometime, show the other Lords they can do more too."

She stepped closer to the other. "Have you had a grand tour of the pride yet?" She asked. Having been in the pride a little bit longer than Roshan had, she'd be happy to show him around. It was definitely the least she could do for his kind actions in the rogue lands.

Felyn
No rush to answer, just moving from Discord Server!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:06 pm
The faith she had in his character made him laugh and all he could do was nod and agree.

"Of course, of course. I'll come hunting whenever you'd like to; you can take a lion out of the rogue lands but you can never take the rogue lands out of a lion. Isn't that how it goes?"

Even if Nyx was a better huntress than her old lion he still liked to think that she had at least gotten that in part from his own skills. Choosing to go his own way and parting from Do'al when they were younger had meant that he could not just be good at one part of life. Where Do'al could always coerce one of their sisters into hunting for him, or some unfortunate lioness that was prone to being sweet talked, Roshan had not. There were a great many things that the pair of them did not agree upon and manipulation of loved ones was very, very near to the top.

He would not be that lion no matter his skill with his tongue and it made her suggestion over being a diplomat both exciting and terrifying at once. Could he help this pride without harming it? There was a very fine line between manipulation and diplomacy.

Instead of dwelling on the sins of his blood, he smiled and pushed himself to his feet so that he could step towards her.

"I have not, actually. Would you do me the honors?"

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:54 am
Felyn

Hali found herself chuckling at the other's comment.

"That sounds about right!" She stated, a wide grin on her maw. "With the added fact at least here in a pride, the hunting seems a little more plentiful than that of the rogue lands. We may end up getting a bit lazy after all not needing to try as hard." She joked.

"Not at all! Granted, I haven't been here the longest, but I think I have my bearings for the most part. And...well...if not, we can just learn together. I see a win out of the situation then." She said with a smile. "There's a few places I found on my own I can take you too first! They're a little away from the center of the pride, and don't seem to be trekked in as much. It gives such a great view of the moon from the night sky, especially when it's full." She purred, nodding her head in the direction. "It shouldn't take too long to get there."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:30 pm
It seemed that for Hali, at least, Roshan had made the right decision in sharing his knowledge about this pride. He could tell by the joy in her eyes and the smile that she did not seem to be able to shake that she was actually very much enjoying herself here - that, by itself, was enough to keep the smile on Roshan's face too.

Perhaps this was a safe place, after all? For the first time in a long time he found himself hopeful.

"I wouldn't mind a little walk, regardless," his smile was charming as he dipped his head to her, urging her politely to begin their journey. "Especially when the company is as pleasant as you, Hali."

It was an awkward thing to say, perhaps, but the smile plastered on his mug showed that he very much meant it - there were few lions that brought a smile to his maw any more, not with how heavy his past weighed upon his shoulders.

"Let's get going, hm?"

KasaiLoki

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:51 pm
Felyn
fin

Hali felt a small heat rise to her cheeks at the comment. She was glad she was dark pelted, for she was sure a tint of pink would appear amongst anything lighter.

"Oh..oh yes." She found herself stuttering slightly as she nodded, taking a step forward and past the male. She glanced over her shoulder, a small smile on her maw, to make sure the shimmering blue male was following, before she continued towards the clearing she had fallen in love with. Hopefully he would find enjoyment in this portion of the land as she did.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games