[PRP] - Learning to find peace - Ufunuo and Talala

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ufunuo had been restless since he'd come to the lands of the Ela'wadiyi. It was not that he felt out of place, or that he did not feel at home, but something was missing. Or rather, someone was missing, his twin sister. He could not stop thinking about her, and where she may be, wondering how she was and if they would ever meet again. Daga had done the best he could to reassure his lifelong friend, the eagle continuously taking to the skies to search for her. It was not that Ufunuo did not have faith in his friend, he simply felt....incomplete.

A quiet sigh, well, if he could not rest, he would put his energy to use. This was a new land, a new home, and unlike the home of his birth, there remained many places to explore and new things to discover.

At the moment, he was searching around a patch of trees, his tail flicking, his nose buried near the base of one tree, sniffing at the ground beneath the roots. A paw dug at the soft earth. It seemed he had found the den of some small creature, though it was likely whatever inhabited it, if it had still dwelled there, had been run off by the curious predator.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:44 pm
Amon Larethian

It still was hard with each passing day. Ta'la'la found herself answering questions for Ona she never wanted to answer. Finally, she had U'no'le take over, giving her a much needed break. Her mother's bond had yet to return, and at this point, it was questionable if Kalani would ever come back. What if she too, succumbed to the world? Four deaths in such a short time frame, Ta'la'la's poor heart couldn't take!

Sighing, the lioness wandered her normal path she grew accustomed to taking. It was a nice rest day, before the clan would begin moving again. Ta'la'la enjoyed these days, even if her thoughts continued to go towards her deceased parents.

They quickly were shuffled to the bck of her mind, as she spot their newest member sniffing around a patch of trees. It looked like he was digging for something.

"What are you doing?" The lioness asked qith a quirked eyebrow, sitting on the ground near the male as her tail curled around her feet.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 pm
The dark lion snorted at the ground, digging with one paw, then the other. There was definitely den there, he could smell whatever had inhabited it. His tail twitched over his back, hindquarters in the air with his belly almost touching the ground, nose shoved into whatever den he had found.

"Hmm?"

His ears swiveled toward the sound of a voice, suddenly standing upright, turning to see who had spoken to him. For a moment, he had thought it might have been Daga returning, his gaze instead falling on the form of a familiar lioness.

"Oh, hi. I guess I'm better at hunting when Daga is around."

He smiled, settling on his haunches in front of the lioness, the den and its inhabitant forgotten for the moment..

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:25 pm
Amon Larethian

Ta’la'la gave the male a dubious look, before glancing around. “Where is your bird friend anyways?” She asked, not seeing the feathered creature anywhere nearby. Enzi would always stay with U’no’le, and when Kalani was around, she’d always be with her mother as well.

She eyed the den. It looked well worn. Perhaps something was there at one point in time, but not now. Did Ufunuo scare watched it was off? Or, maybe the clan had when they had arrived in the territory. Shaking her head, she couldn’t help but smile. Her mother was a great huntress. If she were to see the male right now, she’d probably be scolding him. Good thing Ta’la did not take after her mother.

“That looks too small for a good meal though, if there was something in there. If you are hungry, the herds aren’t too far from here. I can take you there if you are hungry?” The yellow lioness asked, walking past the male. A hunt could have been needed to distract her mind for a few hours, as well as stretch her legs.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:12 pm
"Oh, Daga is off searching, he should be back in a day or two."

Perhaps that was why Ufunuo felt so restless. As much as he missed his sister, he always had Daga and with Daga at his side, Ufunuo could face anything. When they were apart, he felt that much more alone, lost. How had he ever managed before Daga came to him? That was so long ago, he could not remember.

"I knew that."

He gave her a sheepish look. Truth is he had been more curious than hungry, maybe that was why he had not thought of what actually had once inhabited the den. For all he knew it could have been nothing but a mouse, or a snake, he did not wish to eat one of those.

"Okay, that sounds like fun."

A cheerful grin. Okay, so maybe he was a bit hungry.

KasaiLoki

KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:19 pm
[[[Even - Herd is there, odd - they are gone]]]

Amon Larethian

Ta'la'la gave him an 'mhmm' stare, not pushing it further.

"This way. Shouldn't be too far over the ridge here. Whatever we don't eat we can bring back for the rest of the group. I am sure Skan would appreciate it." She said with a small shrug as she walked. The more she felt like moving, the less she thought about the past. She was so wrapped up in staying in the shade on days they were resting.

"Ah, there we go. One herd, meaning one meal, coming right up." The bird clan female grinned. "How good of a hunter are you?" She probably she know the answer. She caught him snooping around some little den just a moment ago.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:00 pm
"Sounds good."

Ufunuo followed half a step behind the lioness, staying at her side as she led the way. His tail flicked, his gaze turning to take in the lands around him. As they neared their goal, the dark lion paused in his steps. Oh, that was the herd? Wow, there were a lot of them, more than he had expected.

"I can hunt."

Truth was, Ufunuo was a skilled hunter, but he was used to having Daga with him when he did so. The eagle was the perfect companion, guiding him and leading their prey. They worked as a team, one from the ground and one from the air. Ufunuo was not as confident in his skills when both parties were on the ground. Well....how different could it be?

KasaiLoki

KasaiLoki rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:02 pm
Amon Larethian

I can hunt. Somehow Ta'la'la didn't believe that.

"Well then, why don't you show me your skills." Ta'la'la's light blue eyes scanned to the sky. Let's see how well this goes mom and dad. The lioness lay on her belly, motioning for the male to take the helm. "I'll hang back here and watch." So...she might've been taking slight advantage, but the clan member would help if the situation deemed it. Sometimes a hunt had to be done on one's own. Let's see what Ufunuo did with this.

"Unless of course, you need some help?" She joked, flashing a small smirk to the darker male.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:34 pm
"Alright, I will."

Ufunuo gave a small huff, pretending to be hurt by her lack of confidence. Were he younger he might have even stuck his tongue out. Alright then, he could do this, with or without Daga. Just you watch!

Right. The dark lion approached the herd, ducking low into the grass, his tail low, ears down, stalking. The beasts were larger up close than he'd realized, but he could still do this. He'd hunted large prey before. His tail flicked as he searched the herd, which one should he go for? Daga usually, nope, he was doing this without Daga!

Hmm, that one looked smaller, maybe a calf? Smaller meant it wasn't as fast, and it couldn't kick as hard. Alright, he stalked forward, crouching, one step forward, another, the creature remained oblivious....or maybe it just knew it wasn't in any danger as Ufunuo had failed to notice the larger creature nearby, a creature that had certainly noticed him.

A snort of warm breath near his ear, the lion froze. Uh-oh, AHHHH!! Next Ufunuo knew, he was being chased by a very large beast, fleeing as fast as his legs could carry him.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't going to eat your kid, I swear!"

FLEE!

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:26 am
Amon Larethian

Ta'la'la was amused. Was he...was he really going for the calf? With what looked to be mom right by him. Instead of watching the show laying down, Ta'la'la rose to her feet. The dark male lion was running away, while the prey beast following close behind him. Oh, this would not end well.

"Run Ufunuo! Run!" Ta'la'la shouted, a hint of laughter in her voice.

She probably should go help the boy. Shaking her head, the lioness was about to head towards the fleeing male, but stopped when a flash of blue entered. It dove right for the stampeding prey beast, distracting it enough to let Ufunuo find a different getaway.

"Kalani?" Ta'la'la called out once the male was further away.

The avian twisted her head when she saw the lion was a safe distance away, hovering above the prey before swooping back towards Ufunuo. "That was incredibly STUPID of you. And you!" She turned towards Ta'la'la. "Why were you not helping him?!" She screeched.

Yep, definitely her mother's bird.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:13 am
"What do you think I'm doing?!"

Ufunuo shouted as he ran charging for the nearest rock or tree, or SOMETHING to escape from the angry prey beast. No really, he totally was not going to eat your kid! Why would he ever do that? Oh come on! Stop chasing me, ahhhhh!!

He had managed to take refuge in a low tree branch, glaring down at the beast, sticking his tongue out at the creature. Hah, let's see you get me now you stupid grumpy--uh oh! He would have retreated higher had a flurry of wings and feathers not suddenly appeared. For a brief moment he thought it might have been Daga returning, but was surprised to see a bird he did not recognize.

"It wasn't stupid...."

It just had not gone the way he wanted it too, at all. Hmph, such an adorable sulk on his maw.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:18 am
Amon Larethian

"I swear, can't leave you lions alone for any span of time now can I?" Kalani huffed, tempted to peck at both the male and female before her. The blue bird flew up to the air, landing in the tree Ufunuo had managed to climb in. From the high perch, she was giving both felines a death glare.

"Ufunuo, meet Kalani." She murmured, shaking her head. "My mother's bond." She headed closer to the tree, reaching a paw out towards the male. "Need a paw?" She asked.

"Perhaps we can find something a bit smaller to hunt. A rabbit or hare or something not...angry motherish." She giggled. "I promise I will help this time."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:51 am
"She sounds a lot like Daga."

Ufunuo glared right back at the bird, emphasizing said glare by sticking out his tongue at her. Oh yes, Ufunuo, so very mature. Hmph, so what if he was sulking like a cub, he already had Daga, he didn't need to be scolded by someone else's bird! Who'd asked her anyways.

A last look toward the retreating prey beast, Ufunuo leapt from the tree, landing on his paws near the lioness. He gave her a sheepish smile, maybe that had not been as bad as he had thought it'd been. ....no, no it was definitely that bad, sigh.

"Maybe we could take a walk instead, I'm not really hungry anymore."

Come tomorrow Ufunuo, you will realize just how hilarious this was. Unless of course Daga found out about it, then he'd never hear the end of it.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Amon Larethian

"Watch that tongue boy. I can take it out faster than you can put it back in your mouth." Kalani cawed, watching the dark boy.

Ta'la'la nodded towards him. "A walk would be fine. If we get hungry later, some of the others hunters will have caught a nice meal for the clan. We can probably grab a bite from them if anything. " She flashed a small smile, walking ahead slightly.

"Shall we?" She asked, heading off, leaving the dark blue bird to watch the retreating lions from the perch in her tree. Well, at least Kalani was back. Maybe the Kanesda clan could start going back to...semi-normalness.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces