[PRP] Checking In (JB x Shu)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

While J'B had never necessarily been absent from her growing cubs' lives, it was impossible to claim that she had been there for them when they needed her. She had petitioned to join the council shortly after having her first litter, and her attention had been clearly divided. It was Shujaa who had raised their cubs - an unexpected father who had risen up to meet her expectations. She couldn't have landed herself a better support system if she had gone out and actually looked for one.

At times her parents would watch her cubs, but once they had their own the burden was far too much for her elder parents. Two cubs were far more easier to handle than ten of them, and her's had finally started to mature into young adults. For a while now she knew that some of them were starting to venture out on their own, and she considered it to be a natural part of life. They were at the age where they were all discovering themselves, and being part of a family unit likely wasn't... every one of her children's ideals.

Among them were some troublemakers, but with so many cubs and a somewhat absent mother... what more could be expected?

J'B arrived home earlier than usual to a surprisingly empty den. Usually at least two or three of her children were around. The charcoal colored lioness frowned, but decided not to concern herself with it too much. She was a fool if she could pretend she controlled their lives. "Shujaa?" her voice called out inquisitively.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:47 pm
Krysin

It really wasn't his fault his children seemed to have scattered. For never raising kids before, to being thrown in a situation with eight rowdy cubs (sure partially his fault...) he thought he did pretty well? Only...three? Maybe it was three...were really missing, having wandered elsewhere. They were adolescents though, they were old enough to take care of themselves.

But then Shujaa remembered what he was like at that age and literally facepawed. Oh. Now he knew how his parents felt.

Shaking his head, the male couldn't think about it. He was resting in the den he shared with Jamii'binti. The lion frowned. To think he was considered a 'stay at home' dad. He never would have thought that would be his life when he was older. But, JB was a councilor. She had a duty to her pride, and Shujaa had a duty to his family. (Even if he didn't quite know what his and the charcoal female's relationship actual was).

His ears perked, hearing the female enter their den. His head raised from his paw as his red eyes focused on her. "Over here," He called out. He wasn't expecting her home so soon.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:38 pm
Life certainly had its twists and turns, and J'B had never expected her own to travel the path it had. She had not seen herself settling down with a male any time soon, but the unexpected pregnancy had forced her hand a little. It was a small miracle that Shujaa was the type of lion to want to raise his children. Over time, it had been clear that J'B had never been quite ready for it. They had cubs, and she had to learn quick how to handle and raise them.

Shujaa caught on better, but then again he was stuck at home with the cubs most of the day. Now that they were all adolescents again, maybe they would have time to actually get to know one another as a couple rather than just as parents. "No kids today?" J'B asked as she entered the den. Her feet were silent as they landed on the ground - even though she was consumed with her new duties as a Councillor, she was as nimble and as skilled a huntress as she had been in her younger days.

"I figured at least one or two of them would be around - which reminds me that I haven't seen Mwitu for a couple of days? Are you sure he's not harassing some of the huntresses. I don't know where he gets that from," she sighed. Her kids were trouble, and if she thought them as cubs were a handful - them as adolescents were far worse.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:59 pm
Krysin

Shujaa couldn't help but smirk. No kids? It was so nice to think that. The den was peaceful without the bickering back and forth between the boys and girls. He shook his head however. "No. I think they have all decided to grow up and be adults. As much as I don't think they may be ready for it." He hummed. Maybe a few were. But most? No, they had a lot more growing to do not physically, but rather mentally.

His ears pinned back at the comment about Mwitu. Oh. About that...Well, JB hadn't known Shujaa when he was younger. That probably was a good thing. He has since mellowed in his older age. He was sure his son was on the same path he was at that age.

"Er--- I haven't seen him either. I am sure we would have heard from the huntresses though if he was over there..." When they were younger, Shujaa had gotten many reports from pride members about their children. Mwitu getting in trouble and Msako getting in trouble. Renahi and Belkane trying to stop them, Anahi egging the golden kids on. What a hot mess.

He shook his head. "I'm sure he'll come home when he's hungry enough though. How are you doing though? I didn't expect you home until much later."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:34 pm
"They are far from being adults," J'B agreed with a small, concerned frown. She had to trust that her kids would be mature enough to take care of themselves on their own... but she did not necessarily believe they were ready. She had yet to take them on their rite of passage into adulthood - their first hunt. They were at that precarious age between youth and adulthood, and she was sure that soon all of them would actually be the adults that they thought they were.

She arched a brow at Shujaa's pinned ears, suspecting perhaps that he had more to say on that subject. It would be something she inquired about later, right now she did not feel like picking away at him for whatever details of his life he was not ready to share with her.

"You're right, I'm sure someone would have told us something about one of our sons being inappropriate." J'B would have been one of the first to know if her children crossed the line. She was far more accessible to the rest of the pride now that she was on the Council. In the past, though, it seemed like Shujaa knew the actions of their children far better than J'B.

"I'm fine, just decided to leave early from a meeting to try and catch the kids. What irony it is that they are all not here." They were probably used to their mother never showing back up on time. "At least I found you here, if even you were gone then I'd start to be really worried..." She joked with a rough laugh.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:51 pm
Krysin

"I'm sure Renahi will be around soon. He usually doesn't like to stay out once the sun goes down." Shujaa wasn't sure which side of the family the soft spoken charcoal male's personality came from. He sure was a conundrum compared to the other siblings. Once he started filing in, so would the rest of the siblings (minus the troublemakers).

"Oh?" It was strange to see the lioness joke. "If you came a little later, you would have missed me. Luckily this is my afternoon nap time." He grinned, patting the spot right next to him. "Care to join me?" It was a rare treat to just spend alone time with JB, especially with as many kids they had. "I promise, no antelopes here this time." After their last hunt together ended up in---ahem--a pregnant JB, it became a small joke the golden male liked to use.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:05 pm
"He certainly didn't get that trait from me..." J'B answered, her tone amused. Renahi had always been the most timid of his siblings, though she wasn't sure quite why he had turned out the way he was. Perhaps there were just so many big personalities in the children that one of them was destined to be more passive to balance them out. Over time, she hoped her poor son developed more of a backbone.

Following his cue, J'B entered the depths of the den and took the spot next to Shujaa. She laid down, her body pressing only lightly against his own. It was the most physical intimacy J'B usually displayed. She was not an overly affectionate lioness, and seemed to love on her own terms (especially after the incident that got her pregnant to begin with). With so many cubs, it was hard to find any moment to be intimate and private with one another, and so their relationship on that front hadn't developed much at all.

"I swear if I end up pregnant again it'll be your golden head on the chopping block first," J'B threatened lightly, making it difficult to discern whether it was an actual threat or if she was joking with him. Truthfully, cubs had not been the worst part of her life. They had brought her joy that was unexpected, but fulfilling... and she hoped she had done enough on her part to raise them right.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:14 pm
Krysin

There was a small purr from Shujaa when JB took her spot right next to him. While they slept next to each other nightly, Shujaa was normally already sound asleep by the time JB would come in. Likewise, either he was gone or she was when either would wake. He would enjoy this, even if it lasted only seconds.

"Nope." The gold male was quick to respond. "I mean...not that I am against the idea, but," he nudged the female a little, "only when you are ready for more. I...make no guarantees though if we get eight more hellions." He chuckled. Oh goodness, if JB decided she wanted more cubs (and it would be on their terms, not the silly one night stand that through them to this point in their life), maybe she would have a bit more time to spend with the cubs? Maybe they wouldn't be as wild as what their current litter was?

Shujaa showed just a hint of a frown. Well...maybe trying for cubs wasn't such a bad idea. He was curious if any more of his future spawn would turn out like this last litter.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 pm
J'B turned her head towards him, unable to hide the brief surprise that flickered across her features. It was hard for her to describe their relationship, and she had been convinced for a long time that he had stuck with her for their cubs. She was hard-headed and brash, and at times was a master at giving someone the cold shoulder. Her time on the Council had forced her to open up and be a bit more receptive in nature to others around her. The fact that he would even consider having more cubs with her proved a commitment that she wasn't sure would last.

It was reassuring at the same time as it made her feel foolish for doubting his loyalty. She looked away, as if trying to hide the expression he had undoubtedly already seen. "If we can raise eight, I'm sure we could handle whatever comes next," J'B answered. She wasn't convinced she was ready for more cubs, though the idea wasn't as off-putting as she had expected it to be. Perhaps if there wasn't quite eight of them the next time around, the idea would be more inviting.

Eight had simply been too many for the young family, and perhaps they would see the effects of that in the future. "The children are at the age that they're ready to make their own ways into the world." She imagined a quiet den for Shujaa would get to be boring now.

"How about I put the idea on the table for discussion at a later date," J'B offered, and allowed herself to lean completely against her golden partner, using him as the perfect pillow.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:18 pm
Krysin

He didn't miss the look of surprise from the other. In return, he found himself flashing a questioning look to her, before it fell. The golden male had learned a lot about JB with their untimely announcement of cubs, and he had found ways to understand her more from it. If anything, Shujaa found having cubs with the feisty female had brought them closer as a whole.

"You sure? I'm thinking a whole litter of Mwitu and Msako's might be a tipping point." He joked. "Though, soon we might be grandparents." ...Oh. No. He was too young to think of that! Chastity belts for all his children!

When she leaned into him, his small purr began to rumble louder. JB wasn't a touchy/feely kind of lioness. These moments were rare, and Shujaa would take a minute to enjoy it.

"I accept that proposition." The male said with a nod. He lowered his head back to the ground, neck curling slight around JB's front end.

Definitely a moment to last forever.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas