Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:17 pm
User Image

Kyohaku had been showing up at the border less and less in hopes he'd see his orange friend again. She was feisty and had a short temper while he was more relaxed and soft around the edges and maybe a little aggravatingly curious about her. But it had been months since he'd laid eyes on her and he was starting to believe his 'friend' was gone.

Little did Kyo realize was his friend had been a viking and may or may not have been trying to make a thrall out of the pridelander. Kyo was too sheltered to know a good outsider lion from a bad having lived exclusively with in the pridelands his entire life with in the comfort of his family.

Still, Kyo was very hopeful so he showed up once in a while to see if he'd get a glimpse of that familiar orange and black pelt and that she'd have some stories from him. Today he'd been lurking on just the edge of the border for hours.

Nothing. Not even an interesting grasshopper could be seen on the outskirts.

The defeat was settling in and maybe today would be the last he'd come to the border. Kyo couldn't understand who the mysterious black and orange lioness was or what she wanted only that she visited and she brought news of the outside and even tried to fight him once.

His ears folded back to his head now thinking maybe he'd done or said something to upset her. The pale lion lowered himself to the ground and sighed.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:07 am
Alpaca Chobi

Aladra was growing increasingly wearisome of travel- she was excited, once, in the beginning when she and her mother split from the rest of the remains of their pride. It had been exciting, then, full of hope and excitement and new prospects.

Now, though... Now her paws hurt and her belly was not always full and yes, there were plenty of interesting lions to meet- and there were just as many unpleasant lions to find, and you rarely saw the same face twice. It was dull and unpredictable- and Aladra was quickly finding that predictable was far better than most gave credit for.

She supposed that's why she simply couldn't help herself, the moment Kianga took their path just a little too close to a pride's border. Civilized company- usually- and the same faces and scents at every border patrol, it was simply divine!

It was the exact reason the sapphire lioness found herself walking the outskirts of the pride- still very careful not to cross too close to the border, but still waiting- waiting and looking for anything even remotely lion-like. Mothers could become so dull when they were your only companion...

The bird chatter and relative silence was better than listening to Kianga fret over the state of things- she worried, too, and she also adored her mother, but like any young lioness... She needed her own time, her own space. She needed friends, and hopefully before the world finished falling around everyone's heads.

Which was likely why the lioness bounded forward so enthusiastically the moment she caught a glimpse of a flash of that pretty pale pelt, trotting forward with little reservation- it was just one lion, and besides, she meant no harm.... Surely that'd be enough to guarantee safety.

"You look bluer than me, sweetheart," She chirped, bouncing to a stop a careful distance away, though an easy smile still graced her face, "On a pretty boy like you, a frown simply doesn't suit. What's your troubles, love?" She had no interest beating around bushes- nor was she particularly malicious in intent. She cared- at least as much as any stranger could care, and hell, he was very, very pretty. Optimal, prime piece of lion, with a mane that looked terribly wonderful for snuggling into....  

LadyPipen

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:33 pm
LadyPipen

Kyo lifted his head from his paws to find a sapphire colored lioness approaching. His head tilted to the side ever so slightly as he looked up at the lovely lioness approaching trying to get his head out of the dark clouds of self pity. Purple eyes stayed steady on this lioness while his brain restarted.

'One moment please as Windows installs updates. Would you like to restart?' was basically Kyo's mind. Luckily, he chose not to restart and managed to find some words (perhaps preprogrammed) in the back of his mind.

"I am assuming you mean my emotional state and not my pelt color," The slightest edge of a grin peaked from the side of his maw. His humor was dry. Also, had she just called him pretty? The pridelander blinked for a moment trying to decide if he was being flirted with or not. Kyo could be described as the smartest dunder head you'd meet as he wasn't always great at reading what others actual intentions were. Maybe it was because he wanted it to be true that he decided to read in to the flirtation this time.

The lady had asked him a question so he better not leave her hanging.

"I used to come to the border a lot more often to meet a friend. This friends been missing for quite some time now though and I have to wonder if she is okay or forgot me," The frown returned in full force hearing it out loud. His ears pinned down once again but he kept his head lifted. So far he was doing a terrible job at flirting back. The lion shook his head.

"Oh.... Maybe I shouldn't talk about this," He admitted, "I mean its not like she's dead." He hoped that wasn't the case any ways. "I mean.... What about you Miss Blue? Care to tell me your tale?"

The spotlight had been shifted and pushed away off of himself. He wasn't the type to want to talk about him.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:53 am
He was cute- there was an innocence in that blank look, as if he hadn't expected a pretty lioness to pop up at the border that morning. Well, perhaps he hadn't- he hardly looked like a patrol at all, so perhaps the dumbfounded look was not so surprising, had he come here to escape the company of others... Still, the general flustering endeared her temporary companion much closer to her heart than had he been of quicker wit- it was, simply, adorable.

"Rightly so," Aladra answered, voice heavy with amusement, smile splitting wider- a jokester, though bless his heart, not a very funny one. He at least had one thing straight- she was most certainly flirting. Such was in her nature and upbringing, perhaps, but for this one? For this lion, she might just be serious in it.

"I'm sure she's just fine," came her reply- her heart softened at that forelorn look and it was all Aladra could do to keep herself from reaching out and clutching his sweet, precious face- whatever coldhearted lioness had left him so brokenhearted had done the world a great wrong, "Was she a rogue? We rogues have a habit of wandering- perhaps she thought goodbye was too sad," Or had forgotten- Aladra left that bit out, however realistic it may be... There were a few meetings she had meant as goodbye, only to remember them when she was half a day's journey away.

She'd just... conveniently not mention the great deal of natural disasters that have been happening lately, either, for his peace of mind. After all, plenty of rogues suffer them and get out in one piece entirely, no reason to worry his sweet head with 'what-if's. "There's no shame worrying about the living," She left it at that, amused at his sweet fretting. The lion was like honey- so sticky-sweet you could smell it.

"My story?"
Aladra echoed, "My life story, or how I happened upon your border?" She asked, before promptly barrelling ahead with nary a chance to answer, "I travel with my mother- it's very boring, cross my heart. Not much in way of seeing the same faces often, sadly, but such is life since our pride disbanded. Now it's just wandering- can't say I can complain, though, now I get to meet sweet, comely lions like yourself," She wasn't being very subtle- but then she never was, though she kept her distance for now.

Alpaca Chobi

LadyPipen

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:00 pm
LadyPipen
#latereplylove <3

There certainly was a warmth that even Kyo couldn't fully be oblivious towards that this female carried. Charm oozed from her words and kept him captivated as she spoke. His purples eyes shimmered with curiosity about this female as he kept his eyes close on her and listened intently.

"Oh uh.." A thoughtful look flooded his features as he tried to think about the last few encounters. The female had never really gone on about her family or her travels only came to point out how weak he was and fluffy. Once the two had even fought over the thing and Kyo had proven he was ,indeed, not just an adorable ball of shiny purple fluff. This wasn't something Kyo would tell a stranger right away though.

"I really don't know her origins. I.. Well... Maybe she did say something but its been quite a while. If I am to be honest.. " He sighed feeling the blues wash over him once more but that quickly changed with her own question to his question.

"I think Miss Blue ... if you were to tell me your life story there would be no more mystery to you... or perhaps there would be... Mystery I mean..." He was seriously weighing the pros and cons if he got the full story or not. "I would like to know how you happened upon our border," A shy smile sprouted now that he had decided what he wanted to hear from this female. The male leaned his head a little closer toward her looking up at her like a cub. It was some times easier to listen to others than for Kyo to share more about him self.  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games