User Image

[澤] tab Copper tab Canyon tab Trails [澤].
Twisted tab Hollows

______________A r e a tab D e s c r i p t i o n ||
tab Covering a land twenty miles long and, in places, four hundred feet across the Copper Canyons rest just south of the walls of Kirigakure no Sato. The origin of the canyons remains unknown even to the legends of the natives, but what is known is what remains within: natural caves, alcoves, and hidey holes in which strange creatures, hidden treasures and lost secrets are kept away from a world of prying eyes. A forested region constantly wet with the dew of fresh rain and a quite high water table, the region is best described as just that: wet. Waterfalls dot the region with natural and man made pathways that provide a scenic tour of the region and its many splendors. Yet to truly reach the best sights, and the hidden splendors, one must move beyond the safe paths and explore the untamed wilderness.
tab Of note is that within this region are many natural sights and remains of the last human civilization. Machines and supernatural beings dot much of the land, holing up in locations as they come across remains of the past. These natural hideouts are quite easily made due to the nature of the stone in these lands. Called Sandstone, the stone erodes naturally with water, and given the large amount of the liquid in the area this has caused quite a wide range of formations to take its place. While the forest and stones make it difficult to traverse this location, the strange natural sights make actual navigation a breeze.

______________P o i n t s tab O f tab I n t e r e s t ||
tab • Path of Daggers → The Path of Daggers are is a winding path that leads through much of a one time nature preserve. Unlike many other areas within the Copper Canyons, the Path of Daggers spends much of its time utilizing partially exposed tunnels with stalactites. This path serves as a direct path between the Etched Cave and the Meandering Echoes, stretching over four miles in length. It bypasses much of the natural forest and natural falls, instead offering a quick travel between two locations at the risk of that which lives in the dark. Due to their naturally mostly submerged nature, most of the travel is made in the dark, with light fighting through holes or openings in the walls or ceiling. Many offshoots exist within the sandstone, carved both naturally and by careful hands, and it is here where animals and other beasts make their home alongside would-be bandits. Yet the most dangerous part of these tunnels is what happens when it rains. Due to the sandstone's nature, when water strikes it they become slick, similar to grease. As such travel becomes impossible, as is anchoring one-self. If it rains many flee for their lives rather than be caught in the Path of Daggers, battered against the stone structures never to take a breath of free air again.
tab • Etched Cave → There was a time when this place must have been grandiose, a monument to the natural world and the forces that shape it. A cave of enormous proportions, with an entrance several hundred feet high and even more deep, the majority of this cave is the exterior which is carved into a natural amphitheater. Before the entrance is a large stone outcropping, a natural podium of sorts that when spoken from carries the voice to all within the cave clearly. One side bears a natural waterfall that feed a small creek that winds between the cave proper and the natural podium, runoff from the nearby canyons. Fresh water, with even fresher residents. Sometime recently humans have returned to the world and crafted this location into an Township settlement, a natural stopping point both easily defensible and with enough space to house hundreds. Those who awoke with Doton techniques helped shape it even more, excavating into the sandstone walls and forming homes and storage within the damp, cool stone. Outside murder holes dot the sides, with many defenses simply designed to trigger alarms if someone enters. A Township, the Etched Cave draws its name from the hundred, thousands, potentially millions of initials, names, and phrases carved into the sandstone, and it serves as the primary trading outpost for the region.
tab • Meandering Echoes → A complex system of caves and caverns that are found underground, with many entrances placed sporadically around the region. A known location of many dungeons, mysteries, and hideouts, the Meandering Echoes are known as the underground, the hidden part of the region. Finding one's way in isn't that difficult, it's surviving once there.

______________N e a r b y tab L o c a t i o n s ||
tab • The Southern Wall → The southern walls of Kirigakure no Sato's ancient battlements.
tab • The Cave Over the Falls → A section of underground rich with chakra and other natural energy.
tab • The Father Gates → The land-side gates that lead into the old Kirigakure no Sato lake.

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
tab • Rain → Rain is a natural enemy here, an ever present danger due to the very nature of the land. Floods happen, the stone becomes so slick that walking is an impossibility. One wrong step and into the canyons you go. When it rains, it is better to find shelter and wait for the world to dry, if it ever does.
tab • Bandits → A world where every turn could be the last, every breath possibly ending in a gurgling demise, has left those who returned to it a bit on edge. Dog eat dog, as it were. Bandits are a natural part of the evolutionary process in a land without laws, or even with them. Perhaps because of them. As such, Bandits are a true threat. Made of up humans and other natural species, the outcasts of society are a threat that should be taken quite seriously.

______________R u l e s ||
tab • None, for the moment.

______________R e s o u r c e s ||
tab • Copper → Durability :: 50 // 50
tab • Tin → Durability :: 75 // 75
tab • Fox → Durability :: 57 // 57
tab • Alligator → Durability :: 125 // 125

______________C l a i m i n g tab R e q u i r e m e n t s ||
tab • None

”Royal Taorito”

[Editorial Log]
[Name] | [Date] | → [Short description of actions performed]