Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:38 pm
The Firekin Return, the Nergui Disappear

User Image

Open: Now!
Close: August 26, 2018

The Firekin have returned to the Mwezi'Johari for a second visit and, thankfully, the Queen is home this time. It turns out the Mwezi have been keeping an eye on the pride across the mountains and scouts recently sent out have noticed a significant change: the Nergui have disappeared! There is still activity in the temple, but barely. It's definitely not the pride it was just a few weeks ago.

Perhaps coincidentally, some lions have gone missing from the Mwezi'Johari lately: Ljena, a High Class Huntress, Onwa'ohuru, a Lower-middle Class Huntress & daughter of well-known self-proclaimed prophet Nyeusi, and Matumaini, Queen Kimondo's son and the second slave to go missing in recent times. While there's been no trace of Ljena so far, Onwa & Matuamini's trail leads towards the mountains.

After some discussion, Nawvlee, Psyche and Kimondo have decided to send a combined search party across the mountains and into the desert on the other side to investigate! Their primary goal is to check out the Nergui, but the Firekin have agreed to help pick up the trail of the missing lions if it continues over the mountains.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:39 pm
How to Sign-up for the Search Party

General Notes

• Not everybody who expresses interest will be allowed to go, though. You will get an explanation from your character's leader if you are denied.

• Obvious Firekin (i.e. Red Giants) are extremely unlikely to be accepted, they don't need to tip off the Nergui that the Firekin found them.

• Mwezi Priests, Apprentices, adols and cubs are the only ones who absolutely won't be approved to go.

Firekin

• Firekin are expected to take the lead in this mission:

• This is our enemy, in territory like ours!
    • We have only had social visits with the Mwezi so far: time to show them what we're capable of!

IMPORTANT NOTE - By joining this search party, your lion is knowingly putting any plans to breed on hold. If they go, they will ultimately miss their opportunity entirely. Why will become apparent later in the game. It will still technically be possible but we're not allowing you to make them that foolish just to get a rogue breeding.

• If your lion has only obtained permission to breed so far, you can volunteer them in the RP and revoke it if they are accepted.
  • If your lion has already obtained a breeding slot, don't volunteer them. It may not matter to them ICly, but it will make things complicated OOCly.

Mwezi

• While Firekin are taking the lead on the Nergui, Mwezi are still very important:

• Off-color lions will help disguise the Firekin in the group!
    • We know the mountains and surrounding area best, a proper guide is important!
    • We're valuable allies, too. Let's show it!

• The Mwezi are taking the lead on the hunt for the missing lions!

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Raffle!

User Image
Colored by Polette

About Buvalu

A rogue-born lion who joined the Firekin shortly after the Simo-Safi merge. He is not a young lion and has been around the pride for quite some time now. He is best known for being Na-atesh's father, and not least because he was already a Medic for a long time when Na-atesh joined the field and worked his way up to Doctor. The truth is that he doesn't want to stand out because he is actually a Watcher.

The mother of his children, Hehewuti, is owned by oo DeD.

His children are Na-atesh (Andranis, Firekin Magistrate), Yamka (Krysin, Mwezi Slave) & Muna (SSBrosB, Mwezi Huntress).

His stated reason for joining the Foray was to double medic coverage and allow him to see the home his daughters have chosen. In truth, he was instructed to join the group.

Buvalu has also been instructed to volunteer for the search party into the Nergui.

Raffle List

To claim a ticket, simply post in this thread asking for one! You do not need to participate in this ORP to get a ticket!

1. Seaki
2. KasaiLoki
3. Felyn
4. MangoMeow
5. Midnightglow18
6. Anderleit
7. AstoriaFallen
8. Das Tor - Winner!
9. Safaia

The Search Party

Firekin

Ud (SilverLutz) - Legate

Buvalu (Das Tor) - Medic/Watcher

Hehewuti (oo DeD) - Guard
Pyrallis (AstoriaFallen) - Guard

Atyadhik (Excited Apathy) - Soldier
Faelyg (Seaki) - Soldier
Huolongmai (Safaia) - Soldier
Nuriel (Epine de Rose) - Soldier

Fiametta (Uta) - Huntress

Mwezi

Jens (SilverLutz) - Lord

Baba'nyota (Nerpin) - Head Guard

Harahkty (MangoMeow) - Rogue Guard
Horae (Safaia) - Guard
Nyota'shuti (Excited Apathy) - Guard
Nyx (Felyn) - Guard
Ramachandra (Andranis) - Guard
Titere'dido (*Greenie) - Guard

Elvira (Syrius Lionwing) - Huntress
Raiatea (*Greenie) + Brillo - Huntress
Rive (Felyn) - Hunter
Tawi (KasaiLoki) + Mstiri - Hunter

Nkonkoni (AstoriaFallen) - Slave
Yamka (Krysin) - Slave

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

User ImageUser Image

Kimondo's attention was divided amongst too many things lately and while at the forefront of her mind were the disappearances, she was forced to share her worries with the poorly timed visit from the Firekin.. or perhaps it wasn't so poorly timed. They obviously had their own goals but Nawvlee and Psyche had been surprisingly agreeable about helping them. It wasn't like they got nothing out of it but the Queen had a feeling everything was connected lately, the lights, the voices, the neighbour that disappeared, the lions that disappeared.. but this wasn't the first disappearance, and she hadn't been able to do anything about that one. It looked bad that she was taking it seriously now that one of the missing lions was her own son.. but the truth was that the young huntress caused her the most worry. One of Nyeusi's daughters, or one of the slave princes.. that wouldn't have been so hard to believe. But Ljena didn't make sense.

Though the world seemed an unusual place lately, Nawvlee was focused on the movement in the Nergui. He worried that they had lost track of them again, and he had almost let it distract him from the reality of the situation they were in. Cooperation would benefit them both.

So the two sat together at the head of the crowd after making their announcement that they were seeking volunteers, waiting to see who would speak up. Not surprisingly, it was two Firekin who stepped up first.

"I want to go," Adanna said, glancing to Kimondo but addressing Nawvlee, "I know the Nergui, I can help."

She spoke knowing what the answer would be, but she was Hongshan and this mattered to her. On top of that, she was a seer and she couldn't explain this, even to herself. Where had they gone? Why couldn't she push her way through the fog in her mind and see what happened?

"No," Nawvlee said, "You know them, but they know you, Adanna. We don't want to be that obvious."

Adanna glared but nodded, accepting the answer but glad she had volunteered anyway. She'd rather be turned down than say nothing at all, she would have to find another way to be useful on this side.

The Medic Buvalu was the second to step up to volunteer and Nawvlee agreed, making him the first official member of the search party.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was really Faelyg's first time out of the pride since she was born. She hadn't been ready to leave the first time there was a foray, but this time she was ready. She thought, maybe she could help in this situation.

She wasn't obviously red, so it would be easier for her to blend in with the Mwezi. "I'd like to help, if I can," She addressed her own leader, determination set in her shoulders. She hoped she would not be denied as Adanna had been.

She wondered where the missing members had gone, and the missing Nergui. The situation felt strangely familiar, but she couldn't quite put her paw on it. She had never been outside the pride, or in the situation. She was curious, she had to go.

(( Hey can I have a ticket O: ))

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:28 pm
User ImageAs the leaders spoke, Hehewuti couldn't help but let her eyes wander over the crowd. Her daughters. Were they here somewhere?

Unfortunately, she couldn't seem to spare the time to linger on the subject. Hehewuti was a lioness with a job, after all. Meet and greets and other frivolities could wait. "I want to go as well," Hehewuti voiced, having positioned herself near the side of the crows as she listened patiently. Her reply, pointedly, didn't come long after that of the father of her cubs. If any attachment (or perhaps competitiveness) was the cause of her reasoning, it didn't seem to show. The Firekin guard spoke with the casual smile that seemed to be always present on her features, but there was a seriousness in her eyes.

"As a rogue-born they wouldn't recognize me. And, well." She lifted a paw, as if showcasing her mostly white fur. The lioness's muscled physique wasn't broad and gigantic as those born in the desert. She was heavily built but strikingly average as far as size went.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:35 pm

Tawi remembered the last time the red giants came to the pride. Things...did not go well for him at that time. The lion though, has since grown from the last meeting with them, and when the announcement was made seeking volunteers, Tawi had begun making his way through the crowd.

He was no longer a guard, but he had learned the skill sets of one. Not that he was sure the red lions would need it. Some were bigger than he, surely they could take care of themselves?

But Tawi still wanted to go. He believed him trouble for the pride since cubhood, and what better way to make up for it than volunteering himself? He could even have his bird bond, Mstiri (who was currently perched on his back), have eyes in the sky.

"Queen Kimondo," Tawi greeted as he approached. If he remembered the male's name, he was sure he would have mentioned him. "I would like to volunteer to join." He advised. "Mstiri too," he stated, pointing to the green avian on his back, who nodded in agreement. What would Raia think of this?

(I would like a ticket, please)  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:38 pm
User Image

Leaving the lands had been overwhelming for the red giant. Wook hadn't been away from home for any reason, the sands were all he knew, but he forced himself to adapt as best he could. "Such a strange envorinment." He said to no one in particular.

The Mwezi'Johari weren't what he expected. Upon arrival they were greeted with what could have been akin to guards back home. He was surprised by their size and grace though. Wook wasn't ungraceful, but his grace was left beind with the sands. His paws felt strange on the terrain, strange on grass and rocks. The rocks were awful, getting between his toes. "They are so small." He spoke, again, to himself more than anything.

Of course he wasn't foolish enough to think these were the only ones they would see. Perhaps they had some secrets yet.

Today they were summoned. News spread about the a missing pride, or at least most of it was missing. Wook didn't hesitate when that news was followed by a chance to petition providing aid. Helping, protecting, and more were part of who he was - a gentle giant of sorts. "Nawvlee." He approached the lion and addressed him, but his eyes were distracted by the very pale figure standing with him. He had already seen Adanna, a fellow guard, denied the chance to go, but it did not discourage him.

"Will you allow me to go?" Wook appeared stern, composed, and every bit the guard he had been appointed. "I could provide plenty in the way of help." He wasn't sure what exactly might be needed, but should there be a brawl.. guards would be needed. He grew silent and awaited the response, but also to allow other eager patrons a chance to participate.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:44 pm

"I would like to go as well," her voice rang loud and clear. Yamka stepped forward, her pale pink eyes sharpened by determination. It seemed as if she was set on making this a family affair - she had only caught her parents in brief glimpses after having been parted from them for so long. Yes, it was selfish of her to go on this mission to spend time with her family and reconnect with birth pride.

She understood it was selfish, but she had no desire to fight it. "Please, I can be of service." Yamka had just adjusted to life within the Mwezi'Johari, after what had been a somewhat tenuous period of accepting her rank. Jealousy had reigned supreme when her sister ended up in a higher class than she, and on top of that Yamka had ended up being a low class. It had taken time for her to understand that she had not received the Great Lion's blessing, longer yet to accept that.

Nearby she could see her mother, the stark white coat with red accents was unmistakable to her. But, the time for family reunions was not right now, no matter how much Yamka wished it was so. While she wanted to be with her family, she also wanted to do right by both the Firekin and the Mwezi'Johari. There was no way she would not offer her assistance.

(( No raffle ticket for me smile ))

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

SilverLutz
Crew

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

Jahim stood close to her sister, the near-twins imposing in both size and appearance, but with one huge difference. Jahim glanced down at her own red paws with a scowl, hoping that she wouldn't be turned away simply because she was as red as any Firekin could hope to be. She had come on this journey to prove herself a worthy Sentinel and if she had to sit out this task she wasn't sure there would be time to prove it later. She had to go.

Lifting her head, she stepped forward after Faelyg to announce her own intentions. Even if she was turned away they couldn't say she didn't try.

"I as well, Nawvlee," she said, her voice loud and clear as the intentions upon her face. She could be turned away, she could be accepted, but either way she was going to put her best paw forward.

Seaki

---

Not far from the majority of the group, Ud was surveying those gathered. There were quite a few Firekin mixed in among the Mwezi and he had to admit that as long as the more colorful lions were among them, it was easy to pass as a normal group rather than Firekin. True, there were quite a few massive beasts among them, but there were some large moon gazers as well. He knew the might of the Firekin would be needed in case they did come across any large number of Nergui, but the gentler ways of the Mwezi would definitely come in handy. Plus, they had problems of their own that they were looking to resolve and in his mind, the more the Firekin could help them, the better! He didn't want the other pride to think them the type to only ever take and never give.

He glanced at Nawvlee and waited until he made eye contact before giving a little nod. Of course he'd be joining them even if he didn't have his own mission to undertake while out here away from the pride.

---

User Image

The return of the Firekin had been quite interesting for Jens. Ever since he had joined and been told he was high class he hadn't done much in his new home. His brother had joined with him and had been told he was low class which was quite the surprise, considering they were both princes back home, and the separation of class had driven a bit of a wedge between the two. Jens could hardly find Stian to speak to, let alone get a word out of him. It was clear the class system here had taken a huge toll on his brother's pride and the elder brother had no idea how to help the younger.

This venture was a nice distraction for the Lord and he felt it might be a way to finally do something for the pride he called home. He certainly was about as different as one could get from the fiery allies that stood among them. He was decently sized but blue and snowy and would certainly help in disguising the group if nothing else.

"I would like to go if it is permitted, Queen Kimondo," he said as he lifted a paw in recognition.

Ecavi

[OOC: No ticket for me please!]  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was impossible to put any thought or feeling to words; Rive's entire being was consumed by a lingering, sickening sense of dread. All of this was due to his cubs but, too, it was only his cubs that kept him grounded in his sense of purpose. At his side, Enver was defiant and pointed in his objections to this and, for the last time, the older male turned and settled his son squarely in his sights.

"She's my sister, dad, I have to do something!"

The muses help him but the boy reminded him so keenly of his own father in that moment that he wanted to laugh even in the wake of his sorrow and pain. A mix of emotions nearly took him then, as surely as any wave out to sea, but Rive's paws reminded planted and his face solemn.

"Yes, and someone still needs to keep Endrita safe. Please do not argue with me about this, Enver. I would feel better knowing the two of you are safe here." The adolescent male dropped his head so that his bright yellow head tuft bobbed with the motion and covered his bright eyes from sight. It was a sign of defeat, Rive knew that. With a sigh he stepped forward and nudged the male's chin up with his nose before imparting one last, brief nuzzle against his cheek.

"Go home to your sister son, I will bring Ljena home if it is last thing I do. I promise."

It was equal parts sorrow and peace that held Rive's heart as Enver finally nodded and turned back to head home to their den. He followed him until the younger male dwindled into the distance and then turned, at last, to step up to the group that had begun to form some distance away.

"I want to come," he offered, bold as he stopped short of his Queen and the Firekin leaders. He had failed the Kizingo, he had failed his mother, he had failed so many souls time and time again - he would not fail his daughter too.

-

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Nyx had not been here long but she had accepted her place as a guard with aplomb. It was her first time feeling as if she belonged somewhere and the first time, she had to admit, that she could see herself settling down and sinking her roots in somewhere. These could be the lands where she found true love, where she started a family, where she put all of her past worries behind her.

That meant, without question, that she would give everything she had in her to protect those that were meant to be protected. That so many had been taken from beneath their noses filled the dark lioness with shame but even as she approached the leaders her head was held high and her confidence was apparent.

"I also wish to accompany you," she knew she could help. She was fast and quiet, blended cleanly into darkness and had a vast knowledge of rogue lands for miles. Her father could protest all he wanted but she would not be swayed - this was her duty.

OOC

(Ticket me? biggrin )

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:01 pm
User Image

Home. There was no doubt in his mind that he had found something his father had only dreamed about. Titere recalled the green male fondly and even had moments where he sent a silent prayer to the Great Lion. Learning about the Great Lion had been like finding something he felt he had known his whole life. He wasn't naive about the roguelands, they had been his home as long as he could remember all while his family found comfort in the chants of the Nchi'mahadhi.

Silently he hoped his father found something like what Titere had.. a place to regularly rest his head. And something like Nyx. The thought warmed his heart and he felt pressed to get up and go towards the battle - or whatever the excursion held for the pride and their members. The rumors flitting about were that an entire pride had gone missing, or most of it. How does one lose a pride? He pondered the question solely in his mind, there was nothing that could taunt it out of him save for the pride themselves (should they reappear).

When he arrived at the gathering he wasn't surprised by the numbers present already. The pride had plenty of pride in itself and their visitors brought along those who were merely curious. The lions present from the other pride were astonishingly large. The red of their pelts reminded him sourly of his sister that had run off to join another pride, he wondered what had ever happened to her.. but didn't think much more on the subject beyond that.

"Nyx?" Titere had thought his eyes deceived him, but no, the rump he had spied was indeed that of the lioness he'd grown so fond of. Absent her father though, which was a small surprise considering what she was likely here to do. He didn't say much more to her for the moment as he pressed past to seek his own approval. "Queen Kimondo." He ravished her with a small bow, only small because of the timing. "Would you allow me to accompany the group?" Alongside Nyx would be preferred.. Was how he had wanted to finish his statement, but instead he fell silent.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:02 pm
User Image

"He what!?"

Raiatea had been sleeping, soundly, in the den her and Tawi were sharing. The space beside her was empty and when she peered upwards to the nest Brillo had begun to take over she noticed that their companions were missing. When she had investigated with Brillo the answer was a shock, a frustrating one. "How dare he go without me, we could have gone together!" Raia had only been furious that Tawi had left without saying a damned thing, without asking if she would be interesting in partaking on the adventure!

Arriving there was easier said than done. Brillo had been insistent on joining her - even with a wing in the process of being healed. "You didn't have to come. The den was fine." Raia spoke with Brillo, who had taken to perching between her shoulder blades. The feeling was odd at first, but had become familiar. She had learned from the best, Mstiri.

"When I get my paws on him..." She started, but was interrupted by an eye rolling Brillo.

"You'll what?" The bird taunted the lioness. "Do nothing, thats what." She rolled her eyes once more to accent her words before she fell silent once more. The life of a member here was boring. She craved the activiy of her homelands, but had fallen victim to needing the help of another. The den was cozy at least, and the company wasn't awful.

"Ya, ya.." Raia shrugged slightly and felt the panicked bird shift to balance herself. "Oops." The lioness said with a small smirk - oops indeed. She pressed on and soon found herself among other lions looking to join the group. Among them was the familiar pelt of her mate. There was no hesitation in her step as she aproached, perhaps a little to quickly, towards her mate and the Queen.

"Queen Kimondo, I'd like to come along as well." She glanced at Tawi harshly before returning a much softer gaze towards their pale leader.

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:17 pm

With careful paws, Harakhty made his way through the crowd. Clearly, he wasn't the only one curious and eager to learn more from the upcoming search, but he supposed that he shouldn't be surprised.

He was glad to see the Firekin in good health though. Having run into them both in the rogue lands and then again when they visited his new home, they were a friendly face to him. Though he imagined that many of them were itching to learn more of their enemy, and thus this wouldn't be a pleasant visit. Ah, well, perhaps this would open up more opportunities in the future.

That said, a venture into the desert was right up Har's alley. He knew how to survive in that weather, he knew how to traverse through sand, and he wasn't as bulky as the Firekin lions. The only question remained in whether he would be allowed to go. After all, he was one of the Rogue Guards, and he was now a father to a bunch of rambunctious cubs, though he was sure that Senka could handle them (arguably better than him sometimes). Did that mean he was more needed here?

Only one way to find out, he thought with a huff.

With a flick of his tail, the black and gray lion walked closer to where his Queen stood. She was... a bit bombarded with people at the moment, so he waited for a still moment before speaking, "I would like to volunteer for the search party as well, my Queen. I was born in the desert, and I know how to travel through it."

((I'll take a ticket~))

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces