Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Family Profiles
The Lane/Chance Family ~ Accepted!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:01 pm
𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕒𝕟𝕖 / ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕔𝕖 𝔽𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪

Family Registry:

Lane Side

Robert Lane (deceased at 64) muggle mechanic
Amelia Lane (deceased at 59) muggle school teacher
    Joseph Lane (NPC) (50) muggle accountant
    Marco Lane, MD (NPC) (47) muggle neurosurgeon
    Delia Chance (listed under Chance Side)
      Orion Lane (27) squib tavern owner -- registered werewolf

Jonah Lane (25) ravenclaw magical veterinarian-in-training
        Sonora Lane (25) ravenclaw cursebreaker -- registered nightingale animagus
          Violet Lane (NPC) (2)

Rhea Lane-Li (22) slytherin dance instructor -- registered calico cat animagus
        August Li (24) slytherin professor of wizard law
          Elian "Jun" Li (NPC) (1)

Chance Side

Jonah Pollux Chance (deceased at 46) gryffindor potioneer
    Vera Chance (deceased at 37) slytherin auror -- registered wolf animagus
      Delia Chance (46) gryffindor astronomer
      Martin Kieran (48 ) squib, magic scouts counselor and gaming streamer
        Elizabeth Spektor (24) gryffindor auror -- see knapp family thread
        Aidene Kieran (22) ravenclaw pro duelist -- vampire
        Aelius Kieran (3) future hogwarts student

--

↪ = Offspring
    ❤ = Married
    ✿ = Adopted
    ✄ = Divorced
    ► = Stepchildren

--

Ages calculated as of Sept 2056
    Characters in orange are playable - see profile below;
    gray are deceased;
    characters in navy are NPC

xxxUPDATESxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CREATED 8/30/2018
    UPDATED 5/16/2022

UPDATES MADE
    ✰ Redid first post format and updated family tree.
    ✰ Updated all profiles for 2056-2057 school year.

Accepted by: ❝Yukitty❞ 9/11/18
    Updates Accepted by: 𝓖𝓻𝔂𝒇𝒇𝓲𝒆 08/05/2022
    Accepted Characters: [Delia 9/11/18] [Orion 9/11/18] [Jonah 9/11/18] [Rhea 9/11/18]
    [Vespera 08/05/2022]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:52 pm
Robert Lane, Deceased

Hi, my name is Robert Lane

I'm a Male

I'm 65 years old.

My birthday is March 3, 1967

I work in Real Estate

My dream job is Real Estate Agent

My blood status is Muggle

I was in the class of 1985.

I'm interested in women.

I'm currently with my wife, Amelia.

People can describe me as very intelligent. I was a studious man and found myself very successful in my field of choice. Some people have also referred to me as old-fashioned. I believed in working hard for everything I received, I believed in church, and I believed in treating my wife well, just as my father and grandfather had taught me and I strived to teach my sons. I only ever wanted what was best for my family, even if they did not always agree with me.

My background story is I lived a typical life during my time in the world. I went to church with my parents, finished school, I met a girl and fell in love, and we married and had two sons. It was a charmed little life, until my boys were grown, and my youngest fell under the spell of an evil woman obsessed with witchcraft. She even bore his child! My wife and I were horrified; we thought the baby must be evil as well, and we tried desperately to save our son, but he was too far gone. As it turned out, our grandson managed to be a normal human being, however... He didn't seem to care for us much. We couldn't understand why. I was never able to help my sons, as my age eventually got the best of me and I became ill. I passed at my wife's side, just as we intended, in 2032.

I enjoy poker, sports, a good cup of coffee, and time with my beloved wife.

I despise dishonesty, witchcraft, spicy food, loud noises, and cucumbers.

I'm afraid of seeing my boys walk down the wrong path.

My strengths are I am a family man and very intelligent

My flaws are I'm dreadful at poker, and I can be set in my ways.

I look like this. (Some random model)

My pet is a None

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:17 pm
Amelia Lane, Deceased

Hi, my name is Amelia Lane

But I mostly go by Millie

I'm a female.

I'm 60 years old.

My birthday is July 28, 1972.

I work at home as a housewife.

My dream job is housewife.

I was in the class of 1990.

I'm interested in men.

I'm currently with My husband, Robert.

People can describe me as a loving woman. I care deeply for my family and only want the best for them, and I will do whatever is necessary to assure my sons' happiness even if it takes some tough love. I suppose like my husband I could be considered old-fashioned... What can I say? I prefer to care for the home. My garden requires plenty of attention.

My background story is I lived such a nice life. I made life-long friends in school, I was involved in the church and the community, I met a wonderful man who made me his wife, and in turn I gave him two darling sons. Life was wonderful, until my boys were grown... An evil woman bewitched my Marco and knocked herself up with his child. My husband and I were horrified when they married! We tried so hard to convince Marco not to go through with it, but he still married that woman. Of course, that didn't stop us. He could always get the marriage annulled--clearly he hadn't been in the right state of mind. Our grandson, we feared, would be a witch like his dreadful mother. As it turned out, he was a perfectly normal little boy, but he truly didn't care for us. We couldn't understand why he wouldn't love his grandparents. It must have been her fault.

I wish I could have helped my son, but he was stubborn and his father and I were getting on in years. My husband passed in 2032, and I just months later due to kidney failure... At least from what the doctors say. Truth be told, I died of a broken heart.

I enjoy gardening, poker, chocolate cake, birds, and the movie theater

I despise asparagus, coconut, messy surroundings, loud noises, magic, and--most importantly--Delia Chance.

I'm afraid of rodents.

My strengths are my green thumb and knowledge of movie trivia.

My flaws are I'm dreadful at sports(Although not too bad at ping pong), and I can admittedly be a tad judgmental. I have high standards.

I look like this. (Again, some random model.)

My pet is a None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:20 pm
Joseph Lane, NPC
Hi, my name is Joseph Lane

I'm a Male

I'm 38 years old.

My birthday is November 9, 2006

I work at home as a bookkeeper.

My dream job is CEO for a company

I was in the class of 2024

I'm interested in women.

I'm currently with no one.

People can describe me as a brash sort of fellow. I do not tolerate any bullarkey and I have a tendency to get angry when I feel something is not right... Or doesn't align with my personal values. I am a loyal man however, and I will stand by those I care about until the bitter end.

My background story is I've lived a charmed life, if you could call it that. My parents were very old-fashioned folk and although they raised me well, I had a tendency to rebel as a teenager. Just the typical stuff, really: smoking, sneaking out, stealing my father's car to impress some girl... Got grounded for months for that one.

My brother is my best friend, and although I love him, I'll be the first to admit he's a bloody moron. The lad knocked up some girl right when he graduated high school. It was good of him to take responsibility, but the woman was strange. I couldn't quite place it until my brother admitted she was an honest-to-god witch, and I had to tell our parents. I mean, a witch? He couldn't possibly! Tying the knot with her was the stupidest decision I had ever heard of. What was he going to do if his kid was using magic too? Luckily, he wasn't. Orion (weird name, that one) turned out to be a normal kid, and I liked him well enough. Their second son, however... He was entirely too much like his mother, and I couldn't stand it. He disgusted me, and although I would never lay a finger on a child, I made my feelings very clear. The littlest one, the girl, I wasn't sure what to make of her. I kept my distance, but that was hard being her primary caregiver. I understood that Marco had to work long shifts as a doctor, but why couldn't Delia at least stay home with the kids? After all, our mother did. A child needs their mother around, and she couldn't even do that right.

Eventually, despite the fact I'd practically raised her children and she should be thankful, Delia decided I needed to be out of the picture. I couldn't believe she got Marco to agree with her. It's been a while since I've last saw them, but Marco has been calling me often. We have lunch every Tuesday. Seems like he's starting to have regrets--no surprise there.

I enjoy math, reading, bowling, football, and breakfast food.

I despise wizards, vegetables, hockey, and gambling.

I'm afraid of the unknown.

My strengths are I'm great at mental math and know my way around a diaper or two.

My flaws are I have a temper, I'll admit it. I don't have much patience either.

I look like this. (I don't know who this is, it's some random model. Sorry I can't find names for these.)

My pet is a None

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 pm
Marco Lane, NPC

Hi, my name is Marco James Lane

I'm a Male

I'm 35 years old.

My birthday is October 17, 2009

I work in the medical field. I am a surgeon in the ER.

My dream job is Chief of Medicine

I was in the class of 2027

I'm interested in women.

I'm currently with my wife, Della.

People can describe me as a workaholic. I know I can be far too obsessive with my work, neglecting time with my family, but truly I do it because I want to help as many people as I possibly can. I've saved several lives in my field of work and I hope my family can understand the importance of this. I am a studious individual, although that doesn't mean I don't enjoy playing games with my children or going to the movies every once in a while, or even going on a romantic date with my wife.

My background story is as a teenager, I fell in love with a witch, Delia... Of course, I wasn't aware she was magic until she was bearing my child. I didn't know much about magic, being what they called "a muggle" and all, but I wanted to make it work... So I asked for her hand in marriage. I didn't see my son when he was born, since she went home to her father for the birth. Jonah ended up raising my son until Delia graduated, and then we married and her and Orion moved to Rye with me. It was nice, but I told my brother she was a witch, and... Really, he's such a blabbermouth, and I should have figured my religious parents wouldn't take the news well. For years they begged me to abandon my family, calling them devils and the like, but I just couldn't agree. Della had never done anything bad. Orion was just a baby! And what kind of man would I be to turn my back on them?

While I was going through medical school my parents each passed away. Della's father, Jonah, died before Orion was even five. But it wasn't all bad, since shortly after Delia was pregnant again with our second son. I wanted to honor her and her father, for everything they both have gone through, so I decided to name our son Jonah. Della couldn't have been happier. We eventually had a daughter named Rhea as well. I didn't get the whole astronomy theme my wife was going for, but at least Rhea sounded somewhat normal.

Orion turned out to have no magic, just like me. Jonah, on the other hand, took after his mum, and I realized I really had no idea what I had gotten myself into when it came to magic. I was finishing med school at this point, and I was constantly having to pick Jonah up from school because of strange "incidents" in class. I love my son, but why did he have to be such a troublemaker? I didn't have time for it right then, so I convinced Della to let my brother move in to help with the boys... A dreadful mistake, really.

It was fine for a few years, but apparently Rion had told his mum about Joseph was being cruel to Jonah because of his magic. Della wanted him out immediately, but he was my brother, and I doubted he would bully a child--especially one that was his nephew. Della threatened to leave with the kids if I didn't kick Joseph out. Was our marriage really that fragile? Of course, I wanted to keep my family... I had no choice but to send my brother away. Things between Della and I have been strained ever since.

Even so, it wasn't enough. After months of arguing, Delia and I decided to call it quits.

I enjoy reading, spicy food, working, and time with my children.

I despise lies, watermelon, and long shifts.

I'm afraid of dogs.

My strengths are my intelligence and work ethic.

My flaws are I'm a skeptic until I see things with my own eyes; I don't pay as close attention to my children as I should... Am I a bad father?

I look like Jason Bowen

My pet is a None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:39 pm
xxDELIAxxxALYAxxxCHANCExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Moved to Kieran Family thead]

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:45 pm
xxORIONxxxHARRISONxxxLANExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User Image
xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PRONUNCIATION o-RIE-ən HEHR-i-sən LAYNE
NICKNAMES Rion
GENDER Male
SEXUAL ORIENTATION Straight
AGE 27
BIRTHDAY April 13, 2028
SIGN Aries ♈
LANGUAGES English, French

FACECLAIM Todd Finlay
HEIGHT 5 ft 11 in.
BUILD Muscular from years of rugby and physical activity
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES
Scars The werewolf bite from Lachlan Kerr on his right shoulder
Light freckles across his nose

BLOOD STATUS Halfblood Squib
ANIMAL COMPANION A sarloos wolfdog named Odin

MORE-THAN-AVERAGE Werewolf

xxxLYCANTHROPYxxxxxxxxxxxx

Current Pack -- None. Registered with the MoM.
Former Pack -- Blood Oath. Parted on good terms.
Bitten By -- Lachlan Kerr
Date of Bite -- 29 June 2045
Age Bitten -- 17

xxxSCHOOLING AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

GRADUATED Public School in Rye, England
CLASS OF 2046

EXTRACURRICULARS
Rugby Team - Quit 2045-46 school year
Drama Club - Quit 2045-46 school year

BEST CLASSES
Art
Literature
Chemistry

WORST CLASSES
Calculus
French
Computing

DREAM JOB To own his own business
CURRENT OCCUPATION Co-owner of The Silver Bullet Tavern

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

DRIVEN Orion's life has been full of obstacles, none of which he has ever strayed from. He faces each and every problem head on, no matter how big or small. There are things he wants to accomplish with his life, and nothing--not his lack of magic, not his turning into a wolf, and certainly not his own laziness--is going to stop him from achieving those dreams to find a second of belonging and fulfillment.

ARTISTIC Rion always had a passion for the arts. When he was younger he enjoyed drawing comics, and had actually done the art for a comic his brother Jonah wrote(though no one’s allowed to see it). Once upon a time, he dreamt of drawing comics for the newspaper. While he still draws and has an appreciation for all art forms, his latest aspirations have kept him from pursuing things further. Instead he’s opened up his business as a forum for local artists to show their stuff and find the appreciation they deserve.

GRUFF Rion isn't the hotheaded teenager he used to be. As an adult he's grown to be a little rough around the edges, unapologetic and unafraid of who and what he is. While his temper may still occasionally flare, he has managed to get a firm grip over himself and can keep his emotions in check. This has caused him to sometimes come off as rather standoffish to strangers, but once you get to know him, he's really a good guy.

PROTECTIVE His mum always said a protective nature was prevalent in Chance men. To Orion, there is nothing more precious in this world than family, blood or not. While he may enjoy teasing those he cares about, he will not let anyone else cause any sort of harm—at least, not if he has any say in it. Even if he’s upset with someone to the point of wanting nothing to do with them, Orion will always be there when it counts.

TEASING It's important to remember to have some fun once in a while. Rion loves a good joke--he always has. Life might be serious, but it's good to take a breath, let loose, and have a good time; particularly if it's at the expense of his little brother. In school he was known as a class clown and tended to get in trouble because of it on the daily, as he’s not always the best at reading the room. Though, he will say he's improved, and tries to find a balance between grown adult and immature teenager.

ACTIVE Leading a healthy lifestyle is a high priority for Orion. He enjoys jogging every morning, eating (relatively) healthy, playing sports… He isn’t usually the type to start a fist fight, but he is proud that his active lifestyle has made him quick on his feet and hard to hit. Plus, he’s got a mean right hook and is great at Rugby. Subconsciously, he wants to do the best he can at everything he does, hoping to become the best and finding a sense of belonging. So far, it’s been working fairly well.

Sports - particularly Rugby, Football, and Quidditch.
Studying Potioneering, even if he can't do any of the magic bits himself.
Time with his family, which seems to be rarer and rarer these days.
Full moons, so long as he's taken his wolfsbane potion.
Shakespeare

DISLIKES
Prejudice
To feel out of the loop
He never really understood his mom's obsession with Astrology. Or was it Astronomy? Same difference.
When his customers get a little too rowdy and he has to get in the middle. It's annoying.
Cantaloupe

STRENGTHS
Good listener. Comes with the territory of tending a bar most days of the week.
Throws a good punch.

WEAKNESSES
Can be temperamental.
Has a hard time admitting when he's wrong.

DESIRES
To run a successful business with his best friends for years to come.
To be accepted as he is.

FEARS
Isolation. Lately, the thought of Vespera leaving in particular shakes him to the core, not that he'll ever admit it.
Accidentally harming someone on the full moon

xxxBACKSTORYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

EARLY CHILDHOOD Orion Lane was the result of a summer romance between Delia Chance and Marco Lane, and as such, was the first of their children. He was born in Godric’s Hollow when Delia had to take a brief break from Hogwarts in her final year to give birth. When Delia went back to finish school at the insistence of her father, the newborn Orion was briefly raised by his Grandpa Jonah. After Delia’s graduation, he was brought to Rye to live with his mother and father in the muggle world.

His paternal grandparents didn’t treat him especially kindly, at least not as well as one would expect for a pair’s first grandchild. Thinking Orion would be magical like his mother, his extended family regarded him distastefully and kept their distance, all the while trying to convince his father to leave him and his mother. As a three year old, he had once commented to his mother how he couldn’t wait to get his magic so he could blast his muggle family off into the sea… He got a time out for that one.

Orion waited and waited for his magic, but for some reason, it just… Never came to him. His grandfather, before he died, explained to Orion that sometimes wizard children never received magic and these people were called squibs, which weren’t looked upon kindly. This knowledge positively blew Orion’s mind. So if he didn’t get his magic he would be an abomination to both his muggle family and his wizard family? Unbelievable! Grandpa Jonah assured him that that he and his parents all loved him dearly no matter what, and he just needed to be patient as he was still so young, but it was hard for Orion to grasp all of this as a young child and he began to act out. When it was determined that Orion was in fact non-magical, his paternal family was considerably kinder to him, but the damage was done and he had little interest in playing nice with them.

After his baby brother Jonah was born, he was often mean to his new sibling as he feared he would be a wizard and be his mother’s new favorite. Of course, he was still Jonah’s big brother, so it wasn’t like he hated him… They had a pretty standard brotherly bond and they did have their kinder moments.

Jonah did eventually get his magic, and a 9 year old Orion reacted horribly, lashing out at both him and his family. This lasted for a couple years, when he finally noticed the cruel treatment Jonah was receiving from their uncle. He realized he didn’t want either of his little siblings to endure the same emotional abuse he did and reported the behavior to his parents, effectively ejecting the last of his extended muggle family from their lives, and… Causing strain in his parent’s marriage as a result, but becoming closer to his siblings as well.

SCHOOL YEARS
School life had gone on as fairly normal for Orion. He made friends, got into a few scraps, kept on his studies… He even started going by ‘Rion’, as he felt it was a much more fitting muggle name and earned him less teasing from his peers. He had a best friend named Zachary (NPC), who was often over at his home and joined him in picking on his little siblings. He was an active rugby player on his school team and was a member of the drama club, occasionally acting in school plays but primarily working the sets.

At the age of 15, Orion was old enough to recognize the signs when things had started to go downhill in his parents’ relationship. He did the best he could to shield Rhea (Jonah wasn’t much of a worry being off at Hogwarts and all) and kept careful observation on the situation. Overhearing his parents discussing divorce one night, he had decided to warn Jonah ahead of time and did the best he could to ease Rhea into the news without telling her himself. His responsible side really began to show at this time as he did everything he could to hold the family together.

Initially worried he would be sent off to London to a Boy’s School, Rion was relieved to hear Delia wasn't going to allow that to happen. Being old enough to decide for himself where to live he chose to stay primarily with Delia in Godric’s Hollow, flooing to Rye for school and spending weekends with his friends, his father, or his Uncle Joseph who had recently moved back in much to everyone else’s surprise.

Things after that pretty much went back to normal for Rion, or at least as normal as they could be. He continued to scrape by in his classes, had promising potential for a scholarship with his rugby playing, and dated around occasionally. When Zachary had found out early on Rion had become penpals with Vespera Salazar, Rion, in embarrassment, claimed he was just humoring his brother’s friend. Over time, however, he began to see Vespera in a different light and became close with her, defending further mention of their letters and spending time with her during breaks when Jonah wasn’t able to.

The Summer before his last year of school, Orion’s life had changed forever. What was supposed to be a simple trip to the beach with his little brother and friend ended in bloodshed and trauma. Ahead of Jonah and Sonora, Orion had been the first victim of a werewolf, tackled to the ground as razor sharp teeth tore through his shoulder. From the pain and force of the impact, Rion had been knocked unconscious for the remainder of the match, only coming to when Sonora and a gravely injured Jonah ran to his aid and the three escaped after a second wolf joined the scrap and seemingly saved them all from a gruesome death. Rion’s biggest regret was that he had been so useless to protect Jonah and Sonora during the whole mess.

Orion barely survived his bite under the care of a muggle hospital in Rye. Without dittany and healing magic, his shoulder was left forever marred and he’d be in need of major physical therapy in order to regain his strength back. Although Jonah and Sonora were released within hours, Orion was held for two days following shoulder surgery and observation. The morning after the nightmare he was visited in the hospital by Lachlan Kerr, who told him he was the one that had bitten him and he was now a werewolf. Orion was taken in by the Blood Oath Pack and tried to adapt the best he could to his new life, taking each passing day in stride. Despite the horrid first impression, he quite liked his pack. There were others like him. Werewolves, obviously, but also squibs. It was a nice little pack.

During the Magizoology Festival at the end of the Summer, Rion took the risk in telling Vespera what happened despite Jonah’s warnings not to. Jonah had told him stories before about Vespera’s initial distaste for Muggles and squibs and her struggle to pull herself back from learned pureblood values, but she seemed like she was doing okay with Rion’s lack of magic. Vespera was the only friend outside of his pack he had that he could confide in. Surely she would understand and it wouldn’t be a big deal, right?

He was sorely mistaken.

Vespera didn’t take it well. The two had a major falling out that effectively ended their friendship. Orion stormed out from festival early, leaving Vespera by herself in the crowd. He cut off all contact from her from then on out.

When it was finally time to go back to school, Orion struggled terribly. His grades were falling and he had to skip an important rugby game because of the full moon. He lost an opportunity for a university scholarship, and after a fight with Zach concerning it, he quit the team and lost his best friend. If it hadn’t been for the adults in his life: his mother, Martin Kieran next door, and Miss Verine, he probably would have dropped out. Luckily, he was able to scrape by just enough to earn his diploma.

POST-GRADUATION Orion decided he really liked Sonora’s mother, Verine. She had no reason to, but out of the kindness of her heart she chose to help him with his wolfsbane potions each month. Having an interest in potions after digging through his grandfather’s old potions texts years before, he eventually asked Verine if there was anything he could do as a squib to help. He became Verine’s assistant, performing any tasks to aid in the potion making process that didn’t directly involve magic. In the new year of 2047, Rion moved to London and began a second job as a cook in a restaurant, in addition to side gigs repairing cars at a mechanic shop in Devon. Being so busy with work and trying to sort out what he wanted to do with his life, Rion became a bit of a loner and stopped dating around like he used to. Outside of work his main form of companionship came in the form of a dog he’d adopted from the shelter named Odin. Apparently, Odin was part wolf too.

After a few short months, Rion made an important decision with his life. As a squib he was practically useless in the eyes of the wizarding world, but with his magic heritage and his monthly beast getting in the way, fitting in with the muggle world seemed impossible as well. It seemed like the only place he belonged was with his pack of werewolves, but then he was expected to keep his life a secret. Orion was sick of secrets. He was sick of being made to feel like he was inferior, that he didn’t belong, that he should be ashamed to simply be himself. What kind of life was that? He asked Lachlan for his advice before ultimately deciding that the acceptance of his family and friends was all that he needed to get by in life and to hell with everything else. Acceptance or not, he wasn't willing to hold himself back any longer. Orion took one final vow of secrecy and peacefully cut ties with the Blood Oath Pack to register with the ministry, outing himself to wizarding society as a werewolf. If anyone had a problem accepting him for who he was, then it was their own loss. He wouldn’t be afraid to be on his own anymore.

During his time working at the restaurant, Orion forged strong friendships with his co-workers, Sawyer Macethighearna and Frey Babineux. He and Sawyer dreamt of opening their own place together, and eventually opened a tavern dubbed The Silver Bullet in Hogsmeade. Their gimmick consisted of a rotating seasonal menu, a venue to showcase local artists, and drinks mixed with potions that gave an extra zing.

It seemed like Vespera Salazar just wouldn't stay out of his life. One day she turned up at the tavern, drank herself sick, and never left. Truthfully, he didn't mind having her for a roommate. As the months passed the two became closer than ever before, eventually leading to a drunken romp in the sheets. And another… And another. They never really put a label on it, but soon enough they were dating and Rion began to reconsider his ill-feelings towards commitment. He never wanted her to leave.

xxxRELATIONSHIPSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RELATIONSHIP STATUS It's Complicated
SIGNIFICANT OTHER Vespera Salazar

FAMILY
Parents Dr. Marco Lane, neurosurgeon (muggle); Delia Kieran, nee Chance; astronomer (pureblood)
Step-Parent Martin Kieran, Magic Scouts counselor and video game streamer (pureblood squib)
Siblings Jonah Lane, magical veterinarian (halfblood); Rhea Lane, dance instructor (halfblood); Aelius Kieran, adventurous tyke (pureblood)
Step-Sis Aidene Kieran, pro duelist (pureblood)
Honorary Sibling Elizabeth Spektor, auror (pureblood)
Uncle Joseph Lane, accountant (muggle)
Nieces & Nephews Violet Lane (halfblood); Elian "Jun" Li (halfblood)
Pet Odin the Sarloos Wolfdog
Grandparents Robert Lane, pharmacist (muggle); Amelia Lane, primary school teacher (muggle); Vera Felicity Chance, nee Allen; auror (pureblood); Jonah Pollux Chance, potioneer (pureblood)

FRIENDS
Best Friends Sawyer Macethighearna and Frey Babineaux
Elizabeth Spektor, Yarrow Yu, Aldrick Knapp, August Li, Sonora Lane
Lachlan Kerr; Blood Oath Pack

ENEMIES Any person with prejudices against werewolves or squibs

ACQUAINTANCES ---

xxxFUN FACTSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ALLERGIES None
ELEMENT Fire
HOBBIES Experimenting in the kitchen, Potioneering (limited by his lack of magic), Drawing, Guitar (not so much these days)
INSTRUMENTS PLAYED Guitar
PRIZED POSSESSION The old box of letters hiding in his office.

xxxFavoritesxxxxxxxxxxx
FAVORITE FOOD Extra rare steak
FAVORITE CANDY Peanut butter candies
FAVORITE COLOR Red
FAVORITE ANIMAL Dog
FAVORITE SEASON Summer

MAIN THEME "Natural" - Imagine Dragons
PLAYLIST
L.G. Fuad - Motion City Soundtrack
Believer
Wild Heart
Animal In Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:40 am
xxJONAHxxxCASTORxxxLANExxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
NICKNAMES Lane (Mostly August); Whale Boy (Aidene); Starlord (Aelius)
GENDER Male
SEXUAL ORIENTATION Bisexual
AGE 24
BIRTHDAY June 12, 2031
SIGN Gemini ♊
LANGUAGES English
VOICE Sounds similar to Jason Lancaster

FACECLAIM Brenton Thwaites
HEIGHT 6 ft 2 in.
BUILD Physically fit, with strong arms from years of beater practice.
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES
Glasses
Scars Faint scratch mark shaped like ( on the back of his right hand from the neighborhood cat (Age 10). Two sets of large claw marks. One set from the left shoulder to his elbow. Other set on the right abdomen, from his waist to his thigh. Inflicted by Lachlan Kerr in werewolf form on 6/29/2045 (Age 14).
Tattoos Sun/Moon on Right Wrist (Stick & poke tattoo from Lizzie, age 16), 5 dragons on Left Forearm (Age 17), Phoenix on Right Arm (Age 18, following graduation), Stag on Upper Back (Age 21), A Rose and Violet over his Heart (Age 23).

BLOOD STATUS Halfblood
WAND 14 inches, Myrtle w/ Phoenix Feather, Bendy with a spiraled shaft.
Previous Wand:
12 3/4 inches, Oak w/ Unicorn Tail Hair, Supple with a spiraled shaft. Broken during the werewolf attack on 6/29/2045.

PATRONUS Stag
FAMILIAR An old Tawny Owl named Circe.

xxxSCHOOLING AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
HOUSE Ravenclaw Prefect
CLASS OF 2049

O.W.L. SCORES
Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ EE
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ A
Potions ~ P
Transfiguration ~ A
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Healing ~ EE
Mythology ~ A
Wandless Magic ~ O

N.E.W.T. SCORES
Astronomy ~ O
Charms ~ O
Herbology ~ EE
History of Magic ~ A
Potions ~ EE
Transfiguration ~ EE
Care of Magical Creatures ~ O
Wandless Magic ~ O
Healing ~ O

Other Electives
Exam Thread
Advanced Flying I & II: Taken years II and III partially to improve his quidditch game, partially for fun. Jonah loves nothing more than to zip through the skies on his broom and has been known to toy with "broom surfing", though he never became especially skilled in that particular trick.

Apparation: Jonah took to apparation with relative ease. It requires a lot of focus, but he can apparate himself and a tag along with accuracy. His stomach twists and turns sometimes when he does, so flying remains his preferred method of transportation. It's more fun anyway.

EXTRACURRICULARS
✰ Editor and Photographer for The Daily Dragon
✰ Quidditch: Beater 2042 - 2047. Vice Captain 2046-2047 school year only.
✰ Dueling Club, infrequent attendee.

BEST CLASSES
✰ Care of Magical Creatures
✰ Wandless Magic
✰ Charms

WORST CLASSES
✰ Potions
✰ History of Magic

DREAM JOB Magizoologist
FORMER OCCUPATIONS Magizoologist, with a focus on hippogriffs
CURRENT OCCUPATION Magical Veterinarian-in-training; Freelance Photographer

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SINCERE For the most part, Jonah wears his heart on his sleeve. As he's grown he's learned to hold himself back, particularly when he's upset about something, but he genuinely cares about people and would not hesitate to put the needs of others over his own if needed.

LAX Jonah is a very "go with the flow" type of guy. In school he was known to procrastinate on assignments--not because he didn't want to do them he would say, but because there were always better ways to spend his time in the now and what was due tomorrow could wait until then. That said, he was a diligent student and never missed an assignment. As an adult, Jonah prefers to take life at his own pace and enjoy the ride for what it is.

IMPULSIVE Jonah tends to trust his gut over his brain. There are times where he cannot help but act upon how he's feeling in the moment, and doesn't consider the potential consequences to his actions. Though he thinks ahead, he thinks more towards the immediate future rather than what lies further down the road. This has caused him some grief and frustration on occasion, primarily when sorting out what direction he'd like his life to take. No matter what he does though, Jonah will always take full responsibility and own up to his decisions.

RESOURCEFUL Jonah is the type of man that always have some semblance of a plan in mind, even if half of that plan is "winging it" after a string of questionable decisions. He always seems to have a trick up his sleeve. He is excellent at using his surroundings to his advantage and has a tendency to think outside the box to reach a solution.

INQUISITIVE Jonah has a love of learning and picks up on things fairly quickly; a trait passed down to him from both his parents. However, while he enjoys learning about most things in general, there are always certain topics--such as astronomy or magical creatures or perhaps even the intrigue of certain individuals--which he will wish to fully immerse himself in to learn as much as possible; in which case he may ignore other topics that may be more pertinent at the time.

PROTECTIVE A friendly acquaintance, but a fiercely loyal companion, when someone befriends Jonah they gain a friend for life. If one of his loved ones is ever in a time of need, Jonah will be right there to lend a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on. It is in times of trouble Jonah shows how courageous he can be, when he will ditch his usual lax nature and instead become assertive, standing his ground and refusing to allow any harm to come to someone he cares for— peacefully, if he has any say in it. Jonah is a pacifist after all. That said, should someone pick a fight with him, he has no qualms with finishing it.

✰ Photography
✰ The occasional prank war
✰ International travel and experiencing new cultures
✰ Stargazing, and the mythology behind constellations

DISLIKES
✰ Excessive gore/horror. Used to love slasher flicks. Hasn't quite had the stomach for it ever since the Summer of '45.
✰ Abrupt, loud noises - He's anxious. You'll scare him, and he won't much care for it.
✰ Feelings of inadequacy
✰ Early mornings
✰ Anything sour

STRENGTHS
✰ Quick Wit
✰ Kind-hearted

WEAKNESSES
✰ Doesn't always communicate if he's upset about something, particularly if it involves another person. Doesn't like to burden others with his own problems.
✰ Prone to nightmares and chronic insomnia. The nightmares have eased through the years, but he often requires aid to help him sleep. That said, he's always exhausted--especially after having kids.

DESIRES
✰ To live a fulfilling, balanced life with those he loves; and to have a lot of fun doing so.
✰ To be an involved father for his daughter. To provide her with a better childhood than he had.
✰ If his life is ever to be cut short, he hopes he at least goes out in an interesting way--like getting eaten by a dragon.

FEARS
✰ Harm to his family or friends
✰ Sonora finally realizing he's not good enough for her

EARLY CHILDHOOD Jonah Lane was born in Rye, England as the second of Marco and Delia Lanes’ three children. His mother, a former Gryffindor, currently works as an astronomer, while his muggle father is busy as an ER physician. Due to their careers it was usually just Jonah, his older brother Orion, baby sister Rhea, and their paternal uncle Joseph, who detested magic. Jonah was the first of the Lane children to develop their magic, Orion being a squib and Rhea following Jonah's lead a few years later. Joseph was disgusted by this, and while he never laid a finger on his nephew, Jonah grew up constantly under verbal fire, the labels “freak” and “monster” difficult for a young child to bear. Orion, out of jealously, had also been hard on his sibling in the beginning years until he witnessed Joseph berating Jonah to the brink of tears at age 8. Not wanting anyone but himself to bully Jonah, he came to his brother’s defense and reported what he saw to his parents. They didn’t see much of good ol’ Uncle Jo after that.

After that occasion, Delia started bringing Jonah to work with her in order to keep an eye on him and to teach him how to conceal his magic, so that he could avoid any troubles during his school years amongst muggles. Some of Jonah’s favorite memories growing up were when his mother would take him up to the observatory and teach him about the constellations and the stories behind them. Although she never taught him any spells, knowing full-well that was something to be left to his future professors, Delia often demonstrated magic to her son and was able to instill a fascination within him. He spent much of his spare time reading his mother’s old text books and somewhere in the mix, gained a lifelong obsession with the works of Newt Scamander. The day he learned dragons were real was the best day of his life—up until he received his Hogwarts acceptance letter.

SCHOOL YEARS
FIRST YEAR After growing up with very little in the way of friends, Jonah was thrilled to meet some great people in his first year! Sorted into Ravenclaw, Jonah's very first friend was Sonora Li, certified sweetheart. The two were soon attached at the hip, quite literally as Sonora guided a half-asleep Jonah to Charms in the mornings. She also convinced him to join the Quidditch Team with her and their housemate Iggy Hepburn, in which he made it onto the reserve team as a beater. Jonah then met Vespera Salazar at the Daily Dragon, and from then on out classes and library trips were especially fun. Although sad to part with his new friends, Jonah was ready to go home to his family for the summer. He made sure to keep in contact over the break.

SECOND YEAR marked a string of embarrassments and rocky moments for Jonah. He’d fallen down the stairs on the first day of class, tackled the wrong Hepburn twin at Sonora’s exploration party, got smacked with about a dozen bludgers at tryouts and hadn’t managed to hit a single one… Yet somehow made the starting Quidditch Team. How he managed this was beyond him, but he had hopes of redeeming himself and becoming an asset to the team in time. His crush on Vespera had been crushed, although this turned out to be fine with him--after all, Vespera clearly worked better as his best friend. He made acquaintanceship with August Li and Aldrick Knapp, while also forging a bit of a sibling-like friendship with first year Lizzie Spektor.

Although his year had picked up, unfortunately it came to a messy end with the arrival of a letter from Jonah’s brother, Orion. Orion had wrote to warn him about their parents' divorce, which they had been waiting to tell the whole family once Jonah returned from Hogwarts. Jonah responded angrily, scared and upset at the prospect of his family falling apart and blamed himself for the whole mess. After all, clearly it was due to magic--if he hadn’t had been such a handful growing up, maybe his parents could have held it together after Rhea was revealed a witch? Thankfully, Sonora was there to comfort him and give him the courage to go home and face the music, although his relationships with his parents once he returned home became badly strained and the divorce had left him feeling bitter.

THIRD YEAR for the most part went by uneventfully for Jonah. At the beginning of the year Felix asked if Jonah would become The Daily Dragon's managing editor, which he enthusiastically accepted. He maintained his spot on the quidditch team(They won the House Cup!), visited Hogsmeade, and struggled with the beginnings of puberty. Vespera convinced him to speak with his mother about the divorce and settle things, but he couldn’t bring himself to over Winter Break like he planned. The Hepburn twins managed to get into a feud, leaving Sonora and Jonah to split up and comfort the two of them separately. Although they hadn’t managed to get them to make up, Jonah did get to spend plenty of extra time with his crush. The Summer had been much more interesting, starting with making up with his Mum shortly followed by the nightmare of June 29th. Thanks to Lachlan and their poor timing Orion was now a werewolf, Jonah was quite literally scarred for life, and even Sonora hadn’t made it out unscathed. He blamed himself for all of it and went most of the Summer unable to face either of his best friends, only communicating in brief letters until the Fantastic Beasts Festival. He got his growth spurt over the Summer, spent some time with his friends, did a scavenger hunt with Iggy, and even won a raffle to meet a real life centaur! Thanks to his friends, he was left feeling optimistic for the upcoming school year.

FOURTH YEAR Jonah was still struggling with the aftermath of the previous Summer's incident. He had difficulty talking to Sonora about it, and since he didn't want to out his brother as a wolf, he kept quiet about the past few months to Vespera. He did spark a relationship with Iggy Hepburn this year, and the couple shared their first kiss after falling in the fountain the first week of classes. Over the Autumn he finally made up with Sonora, and eventually Vespera as well. Although for a while he had difficulty playing quidditch with his dominant arm, he found out that he had a mean right hook, and his quidditch game seemed to have improved overall since. Rhea also started Hogwarts this year; it was nice to have some family around again. Towards the end of the year Jonah began to notice some difficulty with his vision. He stubbornly argued against it despite his friends' concern, but over the Summer he finally had to face the music and get a pair of reading glasses.

FIFTH YEAR Started off brilliant, but gradually fell sour. It all started with a letter from Hogwarts containing a Prefect's pin. Then, not only was Jonah officially the editor of The Daily Dragon, but Nico asked him to be Quidditch Vice Captain! He could hardly believe it--surely there were better candidates, but he would have been a fool to say no. He was in great positions for a fifth year, his grades were up, issues with his friends long forgotten, and he had a cute boyfriend. There was just one issue: Jonah couldn't seem to tell Iggy he loved him. He wasn't sure why. Iggy seemed to have his own thoughts about it when he broke up with Jonah in the middle of the year. Sure, he wasn't thrilled by Sonora suddenly dating Kam of all people, considering the guy hated his guts. He was scared Sonora would choose him, and then he'd see his best friend less and less until they were reduced to nothing more than the occasional hello in the halls. That didn't mean he loved her... Except, maybe it did.

It seemed like no matter what he did, Kam and August were determined to hate him. Why? Because of an accidental mix-up second year? Because associating with Sonora made him some kind of villain determined to take her down with him? Because one freak accident in the woods had to be his fault? And to what level would he drag her, anyway? Jonah thought he was doing pretty well for himself all things considered, but the stress over the years was getting to him. He couldn't give any excuse for them to jab at him further. He studied hard for his O.W.L.'s, truly, he did! But in the end, his chronic lack-of-sleep got the best of him. As it turned out, mixing energy drinks with coffee the day of important exams was the worst idea one could ever have. All his work blew up in his face, and all his stomach into the prefect's toilet. A Poor in Potions. Merlin, his Mum was going to kill him.

SIXTH YEAR After the disaster of his Potions O.W.L., Jonah was welcomed home by his angry mum. Merlin, a howler would have been better. His mum demanded he retake Potions and fix his grades. Dropping the class was not an option. Unfortunately doubling up on Potions tragically meant he had to step down from the Quidditch team altogether. At least Nico was understanding through Jonah's string of apologies. Watching from the sidelines was depressing to say the least, but he made sure to never miss out an opportunity to cheer on his former team. Thank Merlin Mum let him stick with The Daily Dragon. He'd have just died without it.

Sonora was so stressed about her animagi course. After accidentally swallowing her leaf again, she ran off to cry out her frustrations in the corridors. Jonah took chase, and in an effort to cheer her up led her up to the astronomy tower for some stargazing. It was here that on an impulse, Jonah kissed Sonora and confessed his love for her. She said the same. Jonah Lane was officially the luckiest man in the world.

SEVENTH YEAR After a massive struggle, Jonah was able to catch himself back up with his studies and bring his grades to their former glory. Once he wondered if he would have had a shot at Head Boy had he not gotten sick in the middle of O.W.L.'s, but there was no point in dwelling on it. Everything had seemed to right itself. The first half of the year was spent in peace, juggling his courses with The Daily Dragon, time with his friends, and plenty of alone time with Sonora.

Something happened between Rhea and August over Winter Break. Lizzie said it was her fault, but didn't want to elaborate. Suddenly the two weren't talking. Rhea said she was done, shocking Jonah. He'd never known Rhea to quit on anything, and her relationship with August seemed like it was finally going somewhere. So what did August do? Whatever it was, he seemed just as stressed. This nonsense went on for weeks. Towards the end of January, Rhea collapsed mid-dance practice. Jonah happened to be the first person Nimbus ran into looking for help, and the two managed to get Rhea to the infirmary where she stayed the rest of the week. After that, Jonah had enough. He and August proceeded to have a rather loud shouting match in The Daily Dragon, startling poor Juniper Sparks who was unfortunate enough to witness. At least they were easily forgiven after agreeing to print June's latest editorial. Whatever mess happened was cleaned up by the end of the Valentine's Dance, apparently. Rhea and August were officially together and his sister was happier than he'd ever seen her. That was all that mattered.

N.E.W.T.s went by without incident. Closing in on the end of their final year, Orion and Delia helped Jonah put together a picnic basket. He met Sonora outside of his brother's tavern, and after a date in Hogsmeade, settled in at the Black Lake where they talked about what would happen after graduation. Jonah mentioned he wasn't very interested in a roommate, which seemed to upset Sonora briefly before he pulled out his late grandmother's engagement ring. He said he would much rather have a wife and proposed, to which Sonora said yes. They agreed not to wed right away. The impending promise of forever would hold them together through whatever the next chapter would be, until they would both know the time was right.

POST-GRADUATION
Shortly after graduation Jonah travelled with Sonora to Taiwan to meet her paternal relatives. During the stay her grandfather passed, and he remained by Sonora’s side throughout the funeral. After returning in July, the duo proceeded as planned towards their careers: Sonora pursued cursebreaking and Jonah fulfilled his dream of magizoology, primarily studying the migration patterns of hippogryffs. He would also take time to research and photograph magical fauna local to their travels. In preparation for the extensive travelling they were in for, Jonah spent a chunk of July charming a yurt that would serve as their home on the road. Thanks to some help from his mom, it turned out great. By August they were off to see the world, seeming to be in a new country every few months, though they were sure to drop in to visit friends and family as frequently as they could. The two held a small but lively ceremony of friends and family, finally tying the knot during the witching hour of December 30, 2051. They soon after travelled to Thailand for work and to enjoy their honeymoon. They even went skydiving. It was a thrill for sure, but Jonah can say with absolute certainty he will always prefer a broom to a parachute.

Jonah’s relationship with his father remained strained, but his bond with his mother was stronger than ever. Still, the last thing he expected was the news that Delia and Martin were expecting a baby. Wasn’t there some sort of unspoken rule not to have more kids after your oldest was in their mid-twenties? She was happy, and that was the important thing. When Aelius came into the world in April 2053, Jonah found himself quite taken with his new baby brother. His visits home usually involved kidnapping the little tyke for the day and helping Rhea sort herself out following her injury.

It wasn’t long after Aelius that Jonah and Sonora discovered they were having a little one of their own. Jonah was thrilled–at first. To say Sonora’s pregnancy was difficult would be an understatement. Jonah had never known so much could go wrong, considering the pregnancies he’d witnessed thus far had all gone relatively smooth. She was so sick. It terrified him. What if something happened to Sonora? What if the baby didn’t make it? He did everything he could to look after her and take the stress off. It was during the pregnancy that Jonah realized his little family needed to settle down. He didn’t want work to pull him from Sonora when she needed him, and he didn’t want their future daughter–a girl, he could hardly believe they were having a baby girl–to grow up in an unstable environment. At the end of March 2054, Jonah held Violet Seraphina Lane and said hello for the first time.

At the end of the year the Winchester Estate was attacked. Jonah and Sonora helped to defend, but ultimately Jonah had to place his trust in Sonora’s abilities and get Violet out to Verine first. Once she was safe he returned to the burning manor. He tried to save Elmond Li, but he couldn’t reach him in time. There was nothing he could do. Thankfully, Jonah was able to at least save his wife, who had passed out from smoke inhalation in her animagus form. Losing El was difficult. Jonah felt he was closer to Sonora’s father than he ever was his own, and viewed him more as a father figure than either Marco or Martin. He pushed through though, focused on supporting his family and sorting out what his career would look like moving forward.
Somewhere in the chaos of the massacre between Anthony Jacobson's murder and finding Sonora, Jonah was chosen by Anthony's phoenix, Kethia. Jonah didn't question it and brought her home with the family.

xxxRELATIONSHIPSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

FAMILY
Wife Sonora Lane, goddess of the moon, lighting his way through the dark
Children Violet Lane, little rabbit (halfblood)
Grandparents Robert Lane, pharmacist (muggle); Amelia Lane, primary school teacher (muggle); Vera Felicity Chance, nee Allen; auror (pureblood); Jonah Pollux Chance, potioneer (pureblood)
Parents Dr. Marco Lane, neurosurgeon (muggle); Delia Kieran, nee Chance; astronomer (pureblood)
Step-Parent Martin Kieran, Magic Scouts counselor and video game streamer (pureblood squib)
Siblings Orion Lane, tavern owner (halfblood squib); Rhea Lane, dance instructor (halfblood); Aelius Kieran, adventurous tyke (pureblood)
Step-siblings Aidene Kieran, pro duelist (pureblood)
Honorary Sibling Elizabeth Spektor, auror (pureblood)
Uncle Joseph Lane, accountant (muggle)
Nieces & Nephews Elian "Jun" Li
Pets Circe (Tawny Owl), Sonora's Skyfire (American kestrel), Kethia (Phoenix)

FRIENDS
Best Friends Vespera Salazar
✰ "Super Seven" friend group: Iggy Hepburn, Vinny & Aeryn Cloutier, Yarrow Yu, Yuhei Feng
✰ Verine Winchester, Elysia Kieran, Elizabeth Spektor, August Li, Aldrick Knapp
✰ Brook Knapp, Ferdie Delacroix, Eion Delacroix, friends of siblings
It's Complicated Kam Hepburn

ACQUAINTANCES Knapp Family (Neighbors)

xxxFUN FACTSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ALLERGIES None
HOBBIES Photography, Animal Research, Reading late into the night, Stargazing
INSTRUMENTS PLAYED None, but he can sing well.
PRIZED POSSESSION His copy of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander. A nearly 60-year old copy passed down to him by Delia, previously owned by his grandpa Jonah Pollux. The binding and pages are worn from years of constant use.

xxxFavoritesxxxxxxxxxxx
FAVORITE FOOD Breakfast
FAVORITE CANDY Lion Bars
FAVORITE COLOR Navy Blue
FAVORITE ANIMAL Hippogriffs, birds
FAVORITE SEASON Autumn

MAIN THEME "Goodnight Moon" - Go Radio
PLAYLIST
Growing Pains - Alessia Cara (Year 3)
Hey Brother - Damien McFly (Year 4)
Little Bird - Ed Sheeran (Year 5)
Glad You Came - The Wanted (Year 6)
Goodnight Moon - Go Radio (Year 7)
Letters and Love Notes - Go Radio
I'll Sleep When I'm Dead (Acoustic) - Set it Off
3x5 - John Mayer
Fire and the Flood - Vance Joy

Trickblues

Trickblues

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:16 pm
xxRheaxxxAllisonxxxLane-Lixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[Moved to Winchester/Li Family thread]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:58 pm
xxVesperaxxxAzaleaxxxLanexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxBASICSxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

NICKNAMES Ves, V, Star
GENDER Female
SEXUAL ORIENTATION Bisexual
BIRTHDAY March 25, 2031

BLOOD STATUS Half-blood
WAND Yew wood with a doxy wing core, with the length of 13 inches
PATRONUS Anaconda
FACECLAIM Rose McIver
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xxxSCHOOL AND CAREERxxxxxxxxxxxx
ATTENDED Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
CLASS OF 2049
HOUSE Slytherin

CLUBS Daily Dragon, Fite Club

O.W.L. SCORES
Astronomy ~ D
Charms ~ EE
Defense Against the Dark Arts ~ A
Herbology ~ O
History of Magic ~ P
Potions ~ EE
Transfiguration ~ EE
Healing ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ A
Wandless Magic ~ A

N. E. W. T. SCORES
Charms ~ O
Herbology ~ O
Potions ~ O
Transfiguration ~ EE
Healing ~ O
Study of Ancient Runes ~ A
Wandless Magic ~ A

DREAM JOB Medical Field
CURRENT JOB Healer ~ Pediatrics First Floor
PREVIOUS JOBS:
Healer in Training
~ 2049-2055

xxxPERSONALITY ____xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SHY Vespera is never one to start a conversation. She would always much rather stay alone and do her own thing when it comes to a new crowd. She speaks softly usually, having those around her be close when she tells them something.
STUBBORN Vespera is not one to back down, she will fight until she has proven her point. If she has stopped fighting, it's usually because she has decided to subtly give you reasons why she's right.
FRIENDLY Although Vespera is shy, she is friendly. She doesn't make friends very easily though, only when those first come to befriend her. However, once she befriends you, there is not a more loyal friend, unless there's a better opportunity which involves stabbing you in the back
RESPECTFUL Vespera respects her elders and those who are loyal to her. However, if one is disrespectful towards her, she will reciprocate.
CLUMSY There's not often a time when Vespera is headed somewhere that she doesn't trip over her own two feet.
ENTERTAINING Inevitably, when you have one as stubborn, short, and clumsy as Vespera is, you get someone who is always entertaining to be around

■ Slimy Animals
■ Coffee
■ Music
■ Poking things with a Stick
■ Flowers

DISLIKES
■ Bananas
■ Crawly Animals
■ Messes
■ Bullies
■ Being poked

STRENGTHS
Independence Vespera stays to herself alot, which helps her to stay up on her own.
Flexible Vespera is flexible in her time and work, she's willing to go at a moment's notice if needed, she'll figure out how to get other things done eventually.

WEAKNESSES
Independence Vespera stays to herself alot, which hurts when she needs help with anything, she doesn't have the closeness she would have if she was less independent.
Falling Vespera falls a lot, enough said.

FEARS
■ darkness that is deep black
■ losing everyone
■ not being trusted

EARLY CHILDHOOD

[Before Vespera Salazar Existed]
Lucifer (Luke) Salazar was a pureblooded wizard, born and raised in Spain. He had moved to England after graduating from his wizarding school, working with the Ministry in the Muggle Liaison Office. He had been working on learning ways of muggles in the UK, when he met young Victoria, a prim and proper young lady. They started talking, and decided to meet again. After several dates and many conversations, the two were engaged and married.

After their wedding, the two moved into a wizarding neighborhood in England, somewhere surrounded by wizards, but very close to muggle society. That was when Luke shared with Victoria that witches and wizards were real, and that he was one. That it was very likely that their children would be magic. Victoria hated that she only learned about so much of the man’s life after their marriage, but she loved him for his personality, not that he was a wizard, and thus they lived happily.

That is, until they were pregnant, and arguments arose. There had been great discussion between her parents, on how their child should be raised. Victoria didn’t want her child to deal with anything magic, would rather if their kid didn’t even go to Hogwarts. However, Lucifer wanted their child to be a proper witch, as if they had been a pureblood like he was. They had yet to come to a decision, when Lucifer passed away, leaving Victoria Lorelai to raise their child on her own.

[March 25th, 2031: Born]
Vespera was born to a widowed mother, who was still desperate to keep her away from all magic. They lived in a primarily wizarding community, not that Ves knew that.

[December 9th, 2040: Magic is Real]
Vespera attended a very boring school, with no other kids from her neighborhood. In general, she was not allowed to talk with those kids. She frequently wondered what those other kids did, especially when she would see owls fly to their houses, but no owl would ever fly to her house. She had learned not to question it, because her mom would just get mad and ground her. The loneliness made Ves sad, and she knew what would make her happy - if all the walls had polka dots on it. She thought hard and long, and wished with all her might that the walls had those polka dots on it, how mad she would be without them, and suddenly the entire house was covered with dots.

Victoria came running, and glared at the walls and at Ves, before sighing and saying she couldn’t hide this from Ves any longer. Victoria took Ves into the study, a room that had always been locked, and sat her down. Victoria told Vespera of all the things that Luke had told Victoria about magic, then gestured around. All of the books in the study were the ones about something in the magic world.

Vespera took this to mean, she should read every book that was in the library. Many of these were over 200 years old, but surely things in the magic world hadn’t changed that much! She worked had to learn the values and rules that her father would have wanted her to know. She still talked with her muggle friends, but didn’t spend as much time with them, her father surely wouldn’t want her associating with muggles (She hadn’t realized the flaw in this logic, as her mother was a muggle and clearly her father wanted to be with her mother). Vespera planned on having the best options available to her future, and knew she would be going to Hogwarts when she was 11 years old. She wanted to be the best out there for witches, and this became her mantra.

SCHOOL YEARS
FIRST YEAR ~ 2042 - 2043

Vespera had gone shopping for her school supplies shortly after she got her Hogwarts letter. She had been preparing ofr this day for the past 3 years, and had planned to run away from her mother, as she date not tell her what she had planned to do. She had waited for another witch to go through a barrier in the leaky cauldron, then followed them in. The world of magic was so cool, and Vespera was thrilled to be a part of it. She had run into a few of her future classmates (Vinny and the Connelly Family). However, she didn’t quite fit in with them, she slowly just shied away from them, and went about her own task of finding supplies.

I understand plenty, my dear girl, don't you worry
Now then, let's see, you've certainly got a way about you, eh?
Not Gryffindor? You've got fire, for sure
But, then if you're certain, I guess it'll be
Slytherin!

After a long train ride (with the Hepburn twins), Vespera found herself sitting at a table with Vinny and one of the Connelly siblings, having been sorted into Slytherin. She had thought the Connelly girl would be the worst, but instead she made enemies with another girl, Aeryn. They had beds next ot each other in the dorm, and the girl was just mean. Ves wasn’t that much nicer toward her, to be fair, but she couldn’t stand that girl. She hoped that the girl would just vanish one day, but alas they were probably going to be stuck with each other for the next 7 years.

With that, Vespera started her year officially alone. She wondered, what would she do if she didn’t want to do a traditional job, such as her books had told her to do? She didn’t know, but she would try various things out, make sure she had a well rounded education. She decided to join the Daily Dragon, as a writer, hoping that she would discover other things she could do in the wizarding world. In this club, she befriended a Ravenclaw, named Jonah Lane. Jonah then introduced her to Sonora Li, and the three became close friends. Knowing Jonah,Ves had learned the levitating spell fairly well, having dropped some leaves, snow, and eggs on his head. She attended her classes and studied diligently, but she wouldn’t have passed if not for her Ravenclaw study buddies.

SECOND YEAR ~ 2043 - 2044

During the summer, Vespera spent a lot of time thinking to herself, not sure what to do with her life, with her family, with her friends. She wanted to talk about this to someone, in person, but she could never get away from her mother. She decided yes, it was 3 AM her mother wouldn’t miss her. That was how Vespera ended up in the Lane house at 3 in the morning. Of course, she brought coffee for Jonah - she had a bone to pick with him anyways.Jonah..had some excellent thoughts even as he was half asleep. She began changing some of her views on muggles, she realized some of the flaws of her previous logic (but she still wasn’t a huge fan of her Mom)

During the actual school year, Vespera began a pen pal relationship with Orion Lane, Jonah’s older brother. She found a dislike of the subject Defense against the Dark Arts, after she had been chewed out by the professor for throwing a note at Jonah. Vespera began to not speak in classes, and would only speak up when she was called on. She once again, only passed because she would ask questions afterwards to Jonah and Sona, her best friends.

THIRD YEAR ~ 2044 - 2045

Vespera was thrilled to be able to start on electives, she could have more insight on what she would do with her future. Her least favorite part of third year, was DADA when they faced their boggart, their biggest fear. Ves was terrified, when her boggart turned into her friends, all leaving her because of her attitude. She was almost glad, none of her friends had seen her true fears, except her enemy did see it, Aeryn. After a small threat toward Aeryn, she nodded to herself, she would be a better person after this day.

Except, Vespera had a backwards way of getting her friends to not abandon her. She began to back away from her friends, not hang out with them, not see them. She isolated herself and studied harder on her own. By the end of the year, she was pretty alone, but she wouldn’t be left by anyone else. She ended up dropping Care of Magical Creatures, creatures just weren’t her thing.

FOURTH YEAR~ 2045 - 2046

During the summer, there was a Magical Creatures Fair. Ves had entered a raffle, and ended up winning a Crup Pup, who she called Lyra - the run of the litter. Vespera fell in love, and she worked on training Lyra to love all people, including muggles who they usually had an aversion to. Vespera saw her friends at the fair, but had wandered away from them, only to run into Orion. Who was a werewolf. Vespera panicked and called him a dog, amongst other very rude things, and their friendship was ruined - one of Ves’s worst fears come true.

During the school year, Lyra came along with Ves keeping her company. Her other friends began to break into couples, and Ves really was left alone. This was fine, they would come back one day, probably? She threw herself into her studies. She went as far as to do extra research in healing, for differences in Muggle and Magic healing. She loved the comparing and contrasting of their tactics, and realized maybe muggles weren’t all bad. This was how Ves spent most of the year, carefully avoiding her friends and studying. At the end of the year, Sonora ambushed Ves just before exams, and made Ves realize she had been being silly. If she had just told her friends about the boggart instead of pushing them away, all the being alone wouldn’t have been an issue - she had essentially made her own fear a reality. With that, Ves began hanging out with all of her coupley friends, just in time to do her final studies.

FIFTH YEAR ~ 2046 - 2047

Vespera confronted Jonah in their first Daily Dragon meeting of the year. It wasn’t the best time to reconcile their friendship, but it was effective. During winter break, Ves spent a lot of time with Sona and Verine, working on a few potions. She was thrilled by it all, and wondered if doing something with potions would be a good thing in her future. After winter break, she studied for OWLs, and managed to pass almost all of her exams. Jonah was disappointed in Ves and her astronomy scores, but what could be expected when one had an exam first thing in the morning for a class that was only held at night!

SIXTH YEAR ~ 2047 - 2048

Classes had stepped up in difficulty, now that they were preparing for NEWTs next year. However, Ves did enjoy having less time in classes. It gave her the chance to spend more time studying with Lyra and her friends.

SEVENTH YEAR~ 2048 - 2049

That summer, Vespera sent most of the summer with Sona, and with Verine the potioneer. Ves loved Son’a mom, and her life advice. In particular, she had strong advice toward mending the friendship that had been non-existent with Ves and Rion. This led to Ves going to Rion, and actually apologizing sincerely. Things would remain a little awkward between the two, but they were on speaking terms at least.

During the year, Vespera was studying almost non-stop. She needed to pass her NEWTs to become a healer. However, there was one girl who was making it difficult, Aidene Kieran. Aidene was the cutest, and after much flirtatious talking, the two began to date. Ves began helping out as a healer in Fite Club, partially to spend time with Aidene, partially to get some small healing practice. Ves ended the year with passing grades in her NEWTs, but with even more confusion on how her relationship with Aidene would be easily continued as Aidene was still in school and Ves was in healer training.

POST-GRADUATION

[July 2049: Healer in training with nowhere to live]
Ves spent the first part of her summer exhausted. She had gotten into the program at St. Mungos, but that included a lot of intern work. On her days off, she spent all her time looking for a new place to live. Sure, she could live at home with her mom, but she was an adult, she couldn’t live with mom forever. She had hoped to visit Aidene, after looking at apartments all day, but stopped for lunch first instead. She stopped in to see Orion, got super drunk, and got super sick. She was later told that she had confused her situation to Orion’s friend, who proceeded to tell Rion. Rion invited her to stay with him, and she accepted the offer.

[December 2050: We’re over]
Vespera and Aidene barely saw each other in between school and work, and Aidene being a vampire? They had come to the mutual agreement that their relationship wasn’t going anywhere, but they would remain friends. Overall, it was a nice relationship and the two girls had enjoyed each other’s company, but alas some things weren’t meant to be.

[February 7th, 2051: We’re only friends]
Vespera and Rion got super drunk. They had been playing a game, with the stakes of the game being every time you said the word “Loser” you had to take a shot. This became their new favorite past-time, and they often ended the night drunk, and woke up the next morning asleep next to each other.

[July 2055: You’re a Healer Ves]
Ves had completed her many years of training to become an official healer, specializing in pediatrics. She couldn’t believe it - she was actually an adult now.

[January 20th, 2057: Need to Leave]
Ves needed to move on with life, to let Orion be his own man, maybe find him a nice girl. Sawyer had said he had a girl in his sights, Ves didn’t want to be in the way of that. Plus - she needed to stop their routine of drinking and sleeping together. This would be it. She was going to start looking for new places to live.

[January 22nd, 2057: A Full Moon]
Ves mentioned to Rion that she was going to move out. He had come upstairs during lunch and had seen her packing, it was inevitable that she would have to tell him then. He panicked and left - great their friendship ruined again.

[January 23rd, 2057: Marry Me]
Rion panic because Ves is moving out? Clearly the solution is to ask the girl to marry him. Ves, equally crazy - said yes. They had waited long enough, they would rush this engagement, especially after not dating.

[February 11th, 2057: I do]
Rion and Ves had a very small wedding, that had a fantastic after-party hosted by Sawyer.

[February 19th, 2057: Oh s**t]
It was a full moon again, but. That meant. Ves was super late. She remembered the last full moon, every week between then...and she hadn't had her time of the month once. She was pregnant - and it had to be Rions. Now everyone was going to think they had a shotgun wedding because she was pregnant - rude.

[August 18th, 2057: Parenthood]
Ves and Rion welcomed a healthy little girl - Winifred Laurelae Lane.

[May 20th, 2058: Death]
Ves said goodbye to her mother, who passed away. It was hard but also not the worst part of Vet's life.

[2059: Adulting]
Adulting was hard, being a parent was hard, but Ves wouldn't trade it in for anything else. She was especially lucky that being in pediatrics she knew when to worry and when not to worry over her kid. She had such a great support system with her in-laws and the super seven. They had many playdates and group meetings for how to raise the kids, and it was all just, such a nice time.

xxxRelationshipsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Family
Father Lucifer Salazar
Mother Victoria Lorelai Salazar
Children Winnifred Lorelai Lane

Friends
Best Friends Jonah and Sonora Lane; Rion Lane
Super Seven Vinny and Aeryn Cloutier, Iggy Hepburn, Kam Hepburn, Yarrow Yu
Mentor Verine Winchester (How to Adult) and Lyall Thompson (Healing)
Honorable Mentions Those in Slytherin from 2043 - 2049; Those in the Class of 2049

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
Family Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers