Aloiysus had travelled since he was a much younger lion, really. A male born of royalty, he had watched his elder brother prepare to ascend to the throne, only to die, and it had been whispered in Aloiysus' ear he was meant to replace his fallen brother, not his nephew, and onlytoo late, beaten and defeated, did he realize how lied to he was, and so the male had roamed by himself. Aloiysus had many regrets, and in roaming the roguelands, he accumilated few, but he knew of a tale of a female he once slept with.

The female had his young. And he finally learned of where one went, a little girl -- a GIRL! -- whom the female's mate had frightened from home, where she had been taken in, loved, raised... A home she saved, and... To a degree, Aloiysus was only curious. No cub wanted a deadbeat sire, and Aloiysus knew she was like to be angry, but he had crept near to the Doman border to watch, and settled in a shady place, taking in the sight of his beautiful pale child, carefully minding her own cubs, and Aloiysus felt a twinge of pride. His daughter, his precious, was safe. Happy. Loving.It was all he really wanted, and the male sighed, smiling. This could be enough.

"You know, my friend, watching strangers on pride borders is quite offputting if you seek to live here."

Aloiysus' thoughts were jarred by a surprising voice and the tired male jumped, eyes wide as he looked around, before spying a opale male with dark mane and tail, the silver male shaking himself out before coughing.

"I-- I was-- oh dear I'm so terribly--"

Hien watched the older male stammer several minutes, taking in his body language and manner, as well as look. He was much lijke Lifa or Lifa's cubs in looks, down to sharing several markings, but in no way like the male she described as father-- meaning this male had been her sire, possiblya passing rogue sneak-sleeping with a female. Hien wasn't sure Lifa knew, but the king knew she would want to. But first convincing Aloiysus toi approach. Hien tackled this with a large grin, pawing the older male fondly.

"Oh, be at ease my friend, I don't plan to punish a father for watching his child. My father looked after her for years. I welcome the change. BNesides, I asked her to find her family anyway to live here, and you arevisibly her father." Hien winked warmly, the smile never fading as, just briefly, Aloiysus winced.

The younger male was observant, well spoken -- obviously high.... Then it dawned on him that the male spoke of his father raising her, and he wanted her family there, implying... The rumors he heard were true. It was whispered of the former king whom had adopted a roaming cub to raise -- the princess whom returned from seeking kin to save her pride and turn salvation to her brother, the new King.

The Lord of Doma, who was now all but telling him he was welcome into his home, to be... Be near his child, and for a moment, Aloiysus flinched. It was clear the male was aware of who he was, and Aloiysus looked away in shame.

"My child deserves more than a deadbeat whom didn't know she and any siblings were born." Aloiysus said, voice soft as dried leaves. He shivered in alartm, and Hien snorted.

"Nonsense. The male she knew was far crueler than you were, my friend, and she might feel better nowing where she came from in truth, not in lies." Hien countered. Aloiysus shook his head, wincing.

"N...no. She surely wouldn't. Not me. I have blood on my paws from senseless fighting with my poor nephew, a weak mind, and nothing to give to her now-- not to speak of the fact she bears the mark of my home pride's royal family. There are lions whom might harm her for it, as it places her in direct threat to my nephew's authority."

"But she doesn't know of her heritage or being of aq royal line, either." Hien's eyes flashed, and he glanced to Aloiysus, the silver male flinching in confusion. Hien sighed, moving and make a motion.

"Lifa has no protection from these threats, no knowledge of her bloodline, and she has very small cubs. If a band of your pride came and threatened her for her mark, she wouldn't understand. But, with your knowledge, she can learn to protect herself, and pass that knowledge on to her children - your grandcubs,m might I add." Hien huffed, then. "And a seasoned father, one who does love her, may help her find her half siblings to save. Paws, that can roam where she can not, or mind and teach her children. If aught else, friend, our culture values these lions, because you are wise."

"Wise lions don't start ciuvil war." Aloiysus countered. Hien laughed.

"No, but wise lions realize their mistakes."

Aloiysus paused, blinking as he contemplated Hien's words. He was... At least making some of a point. Lifa didn't know her lineage, and the pride's roaming soldiers might find her even in Doma, and if they did, they might harm her as a threat to the King. He didn't want to see his child, or any other children, harmed so, and as such the male swallowed, looking to Hien as he admitted his worst fear.

"...What if my daughter hates me?" He whispered. Hien smiled softly.

"She won't. You just need to endure me." Hien smiled in jest, Aloiysus blinking, before he realized the joke and smiled, laughing an uncertain, wavering laugh before he leaned in, bunting the younger male.

"I... Ithink I can do that, highness." He murmured. Hien snorted.

"No, no not 'you're lordship'." Hien scolded. "Hien is fine. Please. Lord Hien if you must. But please, you're family."

Aloiysus paused, head tilting, before nodding.

"Alright then, lord Hien. But if that is the case, my lord, I insist I not be more than a hunter. I would be more than content providing for the pride, and my blood has no royalty here bar what your family has already blessed us with." Aloiysus dipped his head kindly, Hien thinking before nodding.

"If that is your wish, then it shall be granted." Hien said softly, before moving, beginning to push Aloiysus foir the inside of the pride.

"Now come along. Let's surprise her together, yes?"

Aloiysus squeaked, but allowed the king to herd him, eyes wide as the male began to pad into Doman land. This was... Going to be something, and for now, all Aloiysus could do was see what happened, padding in slowly. Hopefully, his daughter welcomed him warmly, and the male shook only slightly as Hien moved him into the pride land.