Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Guide to Working in the UK Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:28 pm
xxxWhat is this?xxx

There are a fair few threads in this subforum which provide job opportunities for people outside of those previously open to guild members. If you have a character interested in working for somewhere like a library, public pool, or a hospital (excluding St. Mungo's), this is the place for you to apply for that job.

- Locations in this subforum with available jobs will be marked on this thread with an asterisk.
- Some jobs are available at 'general location' threads, or threads that are used for any interaction taking place at a certain type of location, such as a muggle hospital. It is up to you to decide what specific location within the UK your character works for (such as, applying to work for a National Park and deciding they work specifically at Dartmoor). The specific location you work for should be included in your application.
- Jobs in this subforum can be open to muggles, magical people, or both. Be sure to check the thread and see if the location allows muggle employees.
- Most jobs available in this subforum will come with an NPC supervisor. If you are interested in your character taking over a supervisory position, such as Head Nurse or Museum Director, please say so in your application.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:29 pm
xxxUK Employee Basics and Informationxxx

Requirements:

In order to work in this subforum, you must have done the following:

- Read and signed the guild rules
- Posted your character’s profile to a family thread and had it looked over and marked either ‘pending’ or ‘accepted’
- Read the Guidelines for Working in the UK
- If you have any questions, contact the Job Applications Manager via PM

The Application Process:

Apply to the shop by filling out the Application to Work in the UK. Remember to follow these guidelines:

- Fill out your application completely; incomplete applications will be denied
- You may only apply for jobs that there are threads provided for. If you have an idea for a job that should be available, contact the Job Applications Manager.
- All shop owner applications must be approved by a Job Application Checker before you may post the thread. Please be patient with awaiting approval; do not contact anyone concerning your application for a minimum of three days.
- Once your application is approved, remember to update your character’s profile with their new job.

Employees Hired Under NPC Supervisor

If you apply to be a supervisor at any location, you may already have subordinates.

- All characters employed under the NPC supervisor are considered employees of the location once it has been taken over by a member unless the supervisor and employee discuss otherwise.
- Locations will be considered ‘under new management’; meaning, the employee will have been there longer than the new supervisor.

-- This can be ignored if it is discussed between the new supervisor and all previously-hired employees that the supervisor is being established as having owned it prior to officially getting the job.
-- Please keep in mind that if the shop has had a previous supervisor, your character cannot said to have held that position during that time frame.

Firing Employees

Supervisors reserve the right to fire employees.

- To fire an employee, quote their initial application and, in size 16 red font, state ‘You’re Fired’.
- Reasons for character termination should be established in roleplay, or discussed out of character among the owner and employee.
- If you wish to fire an employee for sensitive personal reasons between yourself and their roleplayer, contact a crewmember concerning the issue. The process of firing them from your location will be handled by the Job Applications Manager. Do not bring it up in the forums.

Quitting

You are welcome at any time to quit your job.

-To quit your job, you should quote the post made by a Job Applications Checker that initially approved your job, and say in size 16 red font "I quit".
- A Job Applications Checker will remove your information from the location thread.
- Be sure to edit your profile accordingly with your change of employment.

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:31 pm
xxxApplication for Working in the UKxxx

[b]Hello, my name is[/b] (Link your profile: [url=my profile]Character first and last name[/url])

[b]I would like to be a[/b] (position) [b]at[/b] (location; if it is a general location please specify where you work)

[b]How did I get this job? Well...[/b] (what made you want to work here? how long have you been working here?)

[b]The things I love about this job are[/b] (At least five things your character likes about the job.)

[b]The things I despise about this job are[/b] (At least five things your character hates about the job.)

[b]Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you![/b] (Put anything here about the job or what you do/say/etc. in the job specifically that was not covered above. If there is nothing, then please remove this option)

[spoiler][quote="Diamond Wales"][/quote][/spoiler]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:25 pm
Hello, my name is Joshua Liu

I would like be a (position) atThe United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History & Literature

How did I get this job? Well... I enjoy books and history and since I'm new to the UK i figured it would be an interesting place to work at.

The things I love about this job are being surrounded by the books, it's pretty relaxing. Not really having to do a lot when there aren't a lot of visitors in the library. How big the place is, getting lost inside the library can be pretty entertaining. Having the ability to access the books as well as being able to go top side to read during breaks. Getting to watch visitors read over the books and study while I'm trying to figure out their life story from just watching them.

The things I despise about this job are When I tell people that we don't have a specific book and they ask if I know where they could find a copy, as if I have knowledge of where things are outside of my job. When visitors are loud and disrupt the peace of the library. The rare person that attempts to break the chains on the chained books. People trying to duplicate a whole book or from a book with information on dark magic that get angry when the rules are explained to them. People that ask too many obvious questions.

Essy ze Ninja

Fuzzymelonlord

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:36 am
Fuzzymelonlord

I would like to be a (position) atThe United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History & Literature

How did I get this job? Well... I enjoy books and history and since I'm new to the UK i figured it would be an interesting place to work at.

The things I love about this job are being surrounded by the books, it's pretty relaxing. Not really having to do a lot when there aren't a lot of visitors in the library. How big the place is, getting lost inside the library can be pretty entertaining. Having the ability to access the books as well as being able to go top side to read during breaks. Getting to watch visitors read over the books and study while I'm trying to figure out their life story from just watching them.

The things I despise about this job are When I tell people that we don't have a specific book and they ask if I know where they could find a copy, as if I have knowledge of where things are outside of my job. When visitors are loud and disrupt the peace of the library. The rare person that attempts to break the chains on the chained books. People trying to duplicate a whole book or from a book with information on dark magic that get angry when the rules are explained to them. People that ask too many obvious questions.

Essy ze Ninja

*Denied/Needs Editing: Incomplete application. Forgot to include the position you're applying for. (See below.) Also, the name listed should be their given name such as what is found on their ID, not their nickname. Finally, that location does not have an official thread. Before your character can work there you will have to request for that location to be added into the guild. To do so, go to the United Kingdom Directory Thread and submit a Location Request. Once all of the above has been completed, make a new post here with the fixes edited in and your application will be reviewed as quickly as as possible. Thank you. (Also, sorry about the wait!)

Quote:
I would like to be a (position) at The United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History & Literature

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:27 am
Hello, my name is Anthony Clyde Jacobson

I would like to be a Head Librarian at the United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History and Literature

How did I get this job? Well... I applied about fifteen years ago as a librarian and have been here since. I've always had a love for books and stories, the organization of these stories, and helping people get connected to interested stories. I've loved my term here before and enjoy getting further involved.

The things I love about this job are:
- helping patrons find information for all their interesting work
- cataloging and compiling metadata for the books
- reading. A lot.
- working closely with my fellow librarians, both here and in the muggle library upstairs
- reading to children who come in. All the childrens' programs really.

The things I despise about this job are
- sticky foods around the books. or any uncleanliness.
- customers who ask us to duplicate entire books instead of just borrowing or buying a copy.
- walking around the library always seems to take longer than I think it should
- when people don't return or renew books on time
- book thieves. Or attempted book thieves.

Essy ze Ninja

addaellis

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:04 am
addaellis
Hello, my name is Anthony Clyde Jacobson

I would like to be a Head Librarian at the United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History and Literature

How did I get this job? Well... I applied about fifteen years ago as a librarian and have been here since. I've always had a love for books and stories, the organization of these stories, and helping people get connected to interested stories. I've loved my term here before and enjoy getting further involved.

- helping patrons find information for all their interesting work
- cataloging and compiling metadata for the books
- reading. A lot.
- working closely with my fellow librarians, both here and in the muggle library upstairs
- reading to children who come in. All the childrens' programs really.

- sticky foods around the books. or any uncleanliness.
- customers who ask us to duplicate entire books instead of just borrowing or buying a copy.
- walking around the library always seems to take longer than I think it should
- when people don't return or renew books on time
- book thieves. Or attempted book thieves.

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:02 pm

I would like be a Librarian at The United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History & Literature

Essy ze Ninja

Fuzzymelonlord

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:53 am
Fuzzymelonlord

I would like be a Librarian at The United Kingdom Library of Wizarding History & Literature

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:16 pm
Hello, my name is Vincent Masters

I would like to be a Librarian at The UK Library of Wizarding History and Literature

How did I get this job? Well... I graduated from Hogwarts, came straight here, and applied for a job. I've always wanted to be a librarian. Lots of books and lots of quiet, even if there's also lots of people.

The things I love about this job are the smell of old books, getting to go through and see all of the interesting things people have written about, how quiet it is most of the time, helping people learn things by directing them to sources they might not have thought to look at, access to old and rare manuscripts.

The things I despise about this job are people who don't respect the books, finding books people have left laying in random places, when things are incorrectly shelved, any time it gets too loud, and people asking dumb questions.

Essy ze Ninja

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:54 pm
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Vincent Masters

I would like to be a Librarian at The UK Library of Wizarding History and Literature

How did I get this job? Well... I graduated from Hogwarts, came straight here, and applied for a job. I've always wanted to be a librarian. Lots of books and lots of quiet, even if there's also lots of people.

The things I love about this job are the smell of old books, getting to go through and see all of the interesting things people have written about, how quiet it is most of the time, helping people learn things by directing them to sources they might not have thought to look at, access to old and rare manuscripts.

The things I despise about this job are people who don't respect the books, finding books people have left laying in random places, when things are incorrectly shelved, any time it gets too loud, and people asking dumb questions.

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:57 am
Hello, my name is Helena Davisson

How did I get this job? Well... I graduated school and bummed around for a year reading up on all sorts of jobs before I realized that I wanted to work amongst the books.

-Being surrounded by books
-Learning all kinds of new information
-Meeting new people
-Having access to all kinds of rare and interesting books
-Helping people learn and study

-People trying to sneak in food
-People trying to steal books
-Dust. Everywhere.
-Loud people
-Unreasonable requests and demands

Essy ze Ninja

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:39 pm
Miss GryffindorK
Hello, my name is Helena Davisson

How did I get this job? Well... I graduated school and bummed around for a year reading up on all sorts of jobs before I realized that I wanted to work amongst the books.

-Being surrounded by books
-Learning all kinds of new information
-Meeting new people
-Having access to all kinds of rare and interesting books
-Helping people learn and study

-People trying to sneak in food
-People trying to steal books
-Dust. Everywhere.
-Loud people
-Unreasonable requests and demands

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:49 pm
Hello, my name is Mallaidh O'Hannigan

How did I get this job? Well... I heard about the existence of the library during my time at school. I'm not especially good at networking so I'm at a bit of a loss on how to properly reach my goal of being a historian, but working at a very old and renowned library seems a good first step.

The things I love about this job are the books, of course. How quiet it (usually) is. Having access to so much knowledge, for so many cultures spanning so much time. Observing the architecture and culture of the space. And my co-workers, for the most part.

The things I despise about this job are some of the patrons are quiet annoying. Some of the ghosts are, as well. And where there is history, there are factual inaccuracies because the victors write the books. People making messes where I've just cleaned them up. Having to actually work rather than burying myself in books all day.

Diamond Wales

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Mallaidh O'Hannigan

How did I get this job? Well... I heard about the existence of the library during my time at school. I'm not especially good at networking so I'm at a bit of a loss on how to properly reach my goal of being a historian, but working at a very old and renowned library seems a good first step.

The things I love about this job are the books, of course. How quiet it (usually) is. Having access to so much knowledge, for so many cultures spanning so much time. Observing the architecture and culture of the space. And my co-workers, for the most part.

The things I despise about this job are some of the patrons are quiet annoying. Some of the ghosts are, as well. And where there is history, there are factual inaccuracies because the victors write the books. People making messes where I've just cleaned them up. Having to actually work rather than burying myself in books all day.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas