Aww, what cute little will-o-the-wisps! They drift and dance around, but evade any attempts to touch them, and eventually fade away.

---

The pride was slow to grow. With each passing day, Aisu could see a little bit more of the lands returning to their former glory. However, there were strange events that the lioness was curious about. The light show that seemed to happen during the night was the most intriguing. Something was going on in the heavens, and Aisu was curious if it was due to the fact they continued to walk on the sacred lands. She would continue to beg Dastan to build a path to bypass the fabled god's territory, yet she was always met with how they were too busy.

When she tried to ask too busy doing what, the male brushed her off, and leave, leaving the female to her wonder.

This continued on a daily basis. Soon, Aisu found herself not remaining in the same den as her mate in the evenings. Instead, she would rather gaze at the sky, silently praying to the gods to give her an answer. If only she could make the male see, to understand. She had given so much up in order to be with the male. She was thankful what he had done with the lands, but it was slowly turning into something she could not consider as the Kusini'mwezi lands.

They were becoming something else. Something Aisu wasn't sure she wanted for her home.

She would need to ask the male. Maybe she could speak with her Uncle. He once ruled the lands (albeit, he would beg to differ. Run it to the ground, is what Denahi would always say). But maybe, just maybe, the male had some in sight one what she would look towards.

"Aisu, there you are." The voice said behind her.

The charcoal lioness froze, her brown eyes widening as she craned her neck.

"Da..Dastan." She stammered. "What are you doing up this late?" She questioned the male, giving him a sideway glances.

The light male tilted his head. "Missing my mate, of course." He purred. "I mean, it seems you have been avoiding me lately, not staying in the den at night or anything. Tell me my dear, what have I done to upset you so?" He asked with a small frown on his maw.

"...nothing...Dastan...It's...it's nothing." She said with a sigh, lifting herself up. She would have known this was coming. "I'm just...worried."

"Worried?" The male's ears perked with curiosity. "Worried about what?"

She shook her head. "Nothing..."

"Now now, don't do that. What is it you are worried about?" The male asked.

"You wouldn't like what I have to say." Aisu countered softly.

"Try me." Dastan was met with silence as his darker orbs stared towards the other.

"The...The gods aren't happy."

There is way. Dastan did not believe in the gods. He grew up hearing only stories, but had never actually seen one. "Not this again."

"You see! This is why I didn't want to tell you about it. This is my home. This is how I grew up. You surely can't tell me this," as if on cue, the lights flashed above her, the war in the heavens continuing to rage above. "That this is normal!" Aisu said sharply.

"Of course it can be normal." Dastan tried to reason, only to be silenced by the glare of Aisu's chocolate orbs. "But continue." He muttered, ears pinned back.

"This is because we keep stepping on their territory. I've seen a god on that land. They exist, Dastan. We can not anger them. We must stay off it. I fear more harm than good will come out of it if we do not listen or heed the warnings they are telling us."

Dastan listened carefully to what Aisu was saying. He did not want to disagree, nor did he want to agree. He knew how the charcoal lioness would get if he didn't use his words carefully.

"Aisu..." he began.

Suddenly, there was a small glow just behind the female. His blue eyes watched the light twinkle and dance, fading in and out, floating around Aisu's head. "What the..." He murmured.

Aisu turned, a small gasp emitting from her throat as her gaze followed the slightly bouncing lights. "It's another sign~" the Queen cooed, reaching for the lights, only for it to twist just out of reach. "Don't you see it now. The gods are speaking to us. We need to listen to them." She said quietly.

Dastan used this moment to close the small gap between him and his mate. He watched the will-o-the-wisp twinkle and dance, now circling the pair. "Curious little thing, isn't it." Dastan found himself murmuring, mesmerized by the even before him. Just as soon as the wisp appeared, it seemed to fade. Dastan blinked, looking around for where it went, before focusing on his queen. "You are right. We should change this." It was questionable if Dastan was being serious or not.

For Aisu, she knew no other tone. "You will stop using that lands."

A nod answered her.

"Oh!" Aisu jumped, her paws wrapping around the thick mane of her mate. "Thank you," she cried into it. "Thank you." She said again, small tears leaking from the corner of her closed eyes.

"It will take time. I will send Tycho and Impisi to scout for a calm area where we can cross safely. Perhaps you can assist with the scouting, if you are up for it?" Dastan asked.

"Ohhh I would love to help! Can we start tomorrow? The sooner we avoid the sacred lands, the better. You will see! The gods will be much happier then!" Aisu advised.

"Of course. I will scout those two in the morning. I am sure they will enjoy a break from training." A smirk lifted to his maw as he stood. "Now...will you be joining me this evening, or must I spend another lonely night in the den by myself." The gold lion asked with a small frown, and a feign hurt expression on his face.

"Of course I will join you tonight my love." Aisu purred, standing next to the male. "We have much more to discuss, after all."

[words 1024]