Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Plot-Zone & Mini-Shops
Master Courtesan E'ros Matchmaking Thread: Open!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:59 pm
Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Make Me a Match

Welcome to the Echoes of Pern Matchmaking Thread! This is a thread that's meant to be used if you want to put out an advirtisement for a specific character. OOCly, this is open to anyone in the shop! It is entirely meant for the players fun.

ICly, folks who use this Thread will get the option to be matched by Mastercourtesan E'ros, of blue Amoranth. If you choose this route, we can either work on ironing out how the whole thing went down or you can just say that he worked a little magic to get the two parties to meet. You don't have to go this route, but if you want a little fun, or a little story, then this is an option. Since I can't actually make every IC match, this way E'ros can still keep his matchmaking running.

You do not have to use this thread. You can find your own matches via Discord, other plot threads, and PMs, but this is just one way for folks to peruse who is available, what they're looking for, etc.

There is a separate thread, run by blue Amoranth, to post for dragons who are looking for a little love, too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:03 pm
The Rules

Please remember that this is just one way to find matches for your characters. You are not obligated to use this thread and it's meant purely for good IC and OOC fun. That said, if you are interested in posting here, please follow these rules.

The Rules
  • All characters posted here must be people. Dragons, flits, and whers have their own thread you can find here.
  • All characters must be at least 14 Turns to post in this thread. Remember, the age of consent is 14 on Pern.
  • Fill out the form entirely.
  • Fill out forms in separate posts. If you post 10 characters, make 10 posts!
  • Please try to keep the thread up to date. Spoiler the post, or strike it, when they've found their OTP or long-term match.
  • Try not to make duplicate entries. If your entry is over 3 months old, and more than two pages back, you may spoiler the entry and re-post it. Otherwise, it's okay to let it sit there.
  • We may periodically delete old entries. For now, we'll see how much action this Thread gets, but we may sweep through and delete old entries after 4 months. This way only current people looking for matches are listed.
  • When someone approaches you about a charcter looking for romance, please be upfront about whether or not you're interested in someone's suggested idea. It's usually better to turn someone down flatly then to keep them hopeful when you know it's not going to work or not something you see happening. We do understand testing the waters with many parties, but try not to keep people hanging.
  • Players don't have to give reasons why they don't think a match will work. Please be okay with getting told no or let down.
  • When reaching out about listed advertisements, please be respectful. Don't be pushy if someone says no or turns your character down, or changes plans. There will always be new characters to match! Don't grump if your offer is declined.
  • This is meant to be FUN and not to be full of drama. Please just be adults and understand sometimes people won't want to plot with you or think your character is a good match and that's okay! There'll be others. Just be patient.
  • Please don't add to the advertisements. Just post what's listed and leave it at that. We don't necessarily want or need novels.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:20 pm
Put Your Heart on the Line

RP Specific Headers
So folks can easily suss out whether or not you want RP or non-RPed plots only, please choose one header to use! This way if folks can see right away if you want RP with the couple, or prefer to just talk it out.

RPed Romances Only
This header should be used when folks really want to RP the couple!
[size=28][b][color=magenta]I Want Their Love To Go Down In History! Let's RP This Affair Out![/color][/b][/size]

Plotted Romances Only
This header should be used when folks would prefer just to talk about the romance, and either aren't interested, or don't have time, to really RP it all out.
[size=28][b][color=grey]I'd Rather Just Talk About It. No RP Required Here![/color][/b][/size]

Either/Or
This header can be used if you're okay with either RPed romance or plots only, or even a little from both!
[size=28][b][color=orange]Let's Just See What Happens. RP and Plot Only are Fine By Me[!/color][/b][/size]

The Long Form
Fill this out if you want to go into some detail!

[b]Character's Avatar and/or Art[/b] [img] [/img]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]Approved Character Sheet:[/b] [url=]xXx[/url]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b] If applicable. We understand some are unknown or not yet discovered.
[b]Rank & Craft[/b] i.e. Candidate, Journeyman Tailor, Master Courtesan, Wingleader etc.
[b]Current Location:[/b]

[center][b]Questions Asked by E'ros[/b]
You can answer these OOCly. Just note that it's an OOC response specific to what you're looking for plot/story wise![/center]
[b]What types of genders and non-genders are you interested in?[/b] Male, Female, Non-Binary, Everyone, etc.

[b]Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither?[/b]
[b]Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships?[/b]
[b]Are you open to long-distance relationships?[/b]
[b]Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each?[/b]

[b]Are you interested in a monogomous relationship?[/b]
[b]Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship?[/b]
[b]Are you interested in an open relationship?[/b]

[b]What's the youngest you'd date?[/b] Must be 14 minimum.
[b]What's the oldest you'd date?[/b]

[b]What's your ideal partner(s) like?[/b] Optional. You don't have to answer if they don't know.

[b]What's your ideal date like?[/b] Optional. You don't have to answer if they don't know.

[b]What are your deal breakers?[/b] Optional.

[b]How much affection do you want in a relationship?[/b]
[b]How much indpendence/distance do you want in a relationship?[/b]

[b]Anything you like in particular?[/b] Please keep this PG13 cause we are on Gaia, haha. But this could be anything i.e. prefers curvy women, prefers femme men, prefers older men, like bondage, etc. You can ignore if it's a puppy-love sort of thing. It's also okay if this is more OOC as a character might not be too honest about it.

[b]Any possible hang-ups?[/b] Same as above, but things you don't want the character to wind up with, and/or something that they would not be interested in!

[center][b]OOC Information[/b][/center]
[b]What are you, the player, looking for for your character?[/b] This is important in case what you want is different than what your character wants, or if you have some plot fulfillment that's needed.

[b]Are there any plots attached to this possible pair? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil?[/b]

[b]Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit?[/b] It's just good to know in case someone sees the same character they're trying to court mingling with someone else. :3 It's good to know in advance so feelings aren't hurt if they see it!

[b]How do you prefer people contact you with offers?[/b] PMs, DMs, some other way?

[b]Is this an E'ros Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is![/b] Y or N

Quick & Dirty Form
This is a short form for folks who hate forms. Please shrink images if they're too large.

[b]Character's Avatar and/or Art[/b] [img] [/img]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]Approved Character Sheet:[/b] [url=]xXx[/url]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b] If applicable. We understand some are unknown or not yet discovered.
[b]Rank & Craft[/b] i.e. Candidate, Journeyman Tailor, Master Courtesan, Wingleader etc.
[b]Current Location:[/b]

[b]What's your ideal partner(s) like?[/b] Optional. You don't have to answer if they don't know.

[center][b]OOC Information[/b][/center]
[b]What are you, the player, looking for for your character?[/b] This is important in case what you want is different than what your character wants, or if you have some plot fulfillment that's needed.

[b]How do you prefer people contact you with offers?[/b] PMs, DMs, some other way?

[b]Is this an E'ros Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is![/b] Y or N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:24 pm
These forms can change at any time. <<  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:25 pm

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:19 pm
I Want Their Love To Go Down In History! Let's RP This Affair Out!

Character's Avatar and/or Art User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Character's Name: Ellifrin
Approved Character Sheet: xXx
Orientation: Heterosexual
Rank & Craft Wingrider
Current Location: High Reaches

Questions Asked by E'ros
You can answer these OOCly. Just note that it's an OOC response specific to what you're looking for plot/story wise!

(These are all OOC responses for now, I may go back later and give actual Ellifrin answers if I can get her to cough them up.)
What types of genders and non-genders are you interested in? Male

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? Both!
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? ...possibly? She needs a lot of attention and affection, but it doesn't necessarily need to be sexual. It is something that might take her time/adjustment, though.
Are you open to long-distance relationships? It would be difficult for her, since as mentioned, she needs a lot of affection and attention. It could be an interesting point of development, though! And/or could just go south. Who knows?
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? Long-term, or something that's short-term on account of not working out well ICly. But even though she's not given to casual flings, she's definitely had some flight-times and may have an ex or two somewhere.

Are you interested in a monogamous relationship? Yes.
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? It would be tricky with her, very possibly a bumpy road adjusting to sharing attention, but not an outright no.
Are you interested in an open relationship? No.

What's the youngest you'd date? ....early 20s?
What's the oldest you'd date? 60s?

What's your ideal partner(s) like? Her ideal is someone who would spoil the hell out of her, honestly. She's used to being coddled and not only loves it, but expects it. (This doesn't have to be what she gets! But it is her ideal, however unrealistic, to basically be someone's princess.)

What's your ideal date like? ???

What are your deal breakers? Bad hygiene, bad manners, obvious jerkwad (could potentially fall for a not-obvious jerkwad for a relationship that would eventually crash and burn).

How much affection do you want in a relationship? All of it.
How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship? Alone time? What is that?

Anything you like in particular? Walking romance novel covers. But while that will get her attention the fastest, she will fall for sweetness and chivalry above anything else. Someone who will take care of her.

Any possible hang-ups? She might have trouble with a workaholic or a rank-climber, since that would take a lot of time and attention away from her. Not that she couldn't or shouldn't learn to not be so needy, but it would be A Process.

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? Development, primarily, so I'm just as open to something that might not work out as I am to something that will, or something that could have rough patches. Or it could be immediate sweetness and love. I am open to lots of possibilities!

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil? Not particularly! Although her dragon, Harth, is very motherly and fussy, and will be very nosy and scrutinizing. If they're a rider, their dragon would probably need to get along with Harth - bonus points if they are also available. ;D She does love big, strapping boys (especially shiny ones), but like Ellifrin, personality would ultimately trump fantasy. Harth has very probably tried to fix her up with nice boys in the past, and even chosen flight partners based on which rider she thinks would be best with Hers.

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? It is very early yet, so...possibly? I'm still feeling her out and, again, open to relationships thay don't ultimately pan out, so. It all depends?

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? DMs

Is this an E'ros Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Y  

Meepfur
Crew

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:18 am
I Want Their Love To Go Down In History! Let's RP This Affair Out!

Character's Avatar and/or Art User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Character's Name: L’iand
Orientation: He thinks he is straight. He is more flexible than he knows.
Rank & Craft Weyrling/Rider
Current Location: High Reaches

What's your ideal partner(s) like? No idea!

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? No shrinking violets.

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? DMs

Is this an E'ros Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Sure!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:19 am
Let's Just See What Happens. RP and Plot Only are Fine By Me!

The Long Form
Please shrink images down if they're too big.
Character's Avatar and/or Art (linked cause having problems hotlinking atm)
Character's Name: Tokki
Orientation: Uncertain -- he finds girls attractive, but some boys are pretty nice too
Rank & Craft Journeyman Herbalist/Candidate
Current Location: Western

Questions Asked by E'ros
You can answer these OOCly. Just note that it's an OOC response specific to what you're looking for plot/story wise!

(answered ICly XD)
What types of genders and non-genders are you interested in? Um, it doesn't really matter? I don't know...

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? I like the idea of romance...
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? Sure!
Are you open to long-distance relationships? I guess, only if I could see them too. Like if I had a dragon?
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? Long-term would be nice, I think...

Are you interested in a monogomous relationship? Um, probably?
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? I guess it'd be okay if they saw someone else too...
Are you interested in an open relationship? I think that works best, cause I wouldn't want to tie anyone down...

What's the youngest you'd date? I dunno, 18 maybe?
What's the oldest you'd date? Um, 40? I don't really care...

What's your ideal partner(s) like? Um, someone who likes nature and plants? And doesn't mind that sometimes I smell a little like numbweek boiling down?

What's your ideal date like? We'd go out in the woods and have a picnic maybe, or just be together and enjoy nature

What are your deal breakers? Mean people?

How much affection do you want in a relationship? Some, of course, else why be in a relationship? But they don't have to be clingy or anything. And I'd give them as much affection as they want!
How much indpendence/distance do you want in a relationship? I don't know...

Anything you like in particular? Hugs are great!

Any possible hang-ups? Um...?

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? I want Tokki to explore the open romance/love/sexuality of Weyr life -- he's from the sticks and very naive about some things (I don't think he's ever been with anyone even romantically) as well as very uncertain as to what he wants. I want it to be fun and awkward and sweet and adorable. XD

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil? Nope!

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? That's probably the best way to go about it, so yes!

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? DMs on Discord are fine!

Is this an E'ros Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Yes! I'd like that!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:38 pm
Let's Just See What Happens. RP and Plot Only are Fine By Me!/color]

Character's Avatar and/or Art User Image
Character's Name: Lelte
Orientation: hetero-flexible
Rank & Craft candidate
Current Location: high reaches

What's your ideal partner(s) like? no clue, I'm open to pretty much anything... I think.

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? Something soft, and cute, and fluffy for this little ray of sunshine.

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? PMs, DMs, whatever is easiest for others

Is this an E'ros Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Y

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:40 pm
Let's Just See What Happens. RP and Plot Only are Fine By Me!
Character's Avatar and/or Art User Image
Character's Name: X'il
Orientation: Complicated. Demisexual, demiromantic, but genders make little impact here.
Rank & Craft Wingrider
Current Location: Western Weyr

Questions Asked by E'ros
These have been answered ICly—after X'il's friends pestered them to try out matchmaking so long they gave up resisting!

What types of genders and non-genders are you interested in? It doesn't really matter to me—the rest matters more.

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? I don't...I hadn't thought about it. Normally people want both, right...?
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? Sure.
Are you open to long-distance relationships? Sure.
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? I guess long-term, but if it ends, it ends.

Are you interested in a monogomous relationship? I guess so.
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? That might be too much.
Are you interested in an open relationship? Maybe.

What's the youngest you'd date? Probably about 25, 26.
What's the oldest you'd date? Around 60, 65.

What's your ideal partner(s) like? Halcyath. Patient. Can talk but enjoys quiet too.

What's your ideal date like? Stargazing. Walking before sunrise. Sharing a blanket and reading just inside the weyr ledge while it rains.

What are your deal breakers? No one involved in courtesan work.

How much affection do you want in a relationship? However much they want to give.
How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship? Probably more than anyone'd like, at least to start...

Anything you like in particular? I like being alone...but that's the opposite of the point of this. Someone who wouldn't mind waking up one day next to a man, and the next next to a woman. Someone who...sees me, however that 'me' is, today.

Any possible hang-ups? I don't...I don't think I could be around anyone with a wher. Not easily. And anyone who has trouble with Halcyath, of course...

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? Someone patient and open-minded, though I really also wouldn't mind someone who helped them to sort of...come back to life? X'il is never gonna be a party person, but they're pretty introverted at present, and they rarely socialize. HALP.

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfill? No current plots in motion beyond the after effects of their pre-EoP history.

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? Possibly. X'il's demi, so it'd take a long wind-up phase anyway. and since I don't really know WHAT they want too well yet...unless it's perfect from the start, some water-testing might happen, yeah.

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? Ping me on Discord yo.

Is this an E'ros Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Sure, but I have no idea what this means! (Assuming it means he ICly got this profile and sets a thing up.)  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Plot-Zone & Mini-Shops

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces