Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:30 pm
Matchmaker, Matchmaker, Catch Me a Catch!

Welcome to the Echoes of Pern Matchmaking Thread for dragons, whers, and flits, oh my! This is a thread that's meant to be used if you want to put out an advirtisement for a specific character. OOCly, this is open to anyone in the shop! It is entirely meant for the players fun.

ICly, folks who use this Thread will get the option to be matched by blue Amoranth, who is Master Courtesan E'ros' dragon. If you choose this route, we can either work on ironing out how the whole thing went down or you can just say that he worked a little magic to get the two parties to meet. You don't have to go this route, but if you want a little fun, or a little story, then this is an option. Since I can't actually make every IC match, this way Amoranth can still keep his matchmaking running.

You do not have to use this thread. You can find your own matches via Discord, other plot threads, and PMs, but this is just one way for folks to peruse who is available, what they're looking for, etc.

There is a separate thread, run by E'ros, to post for people who are looking for a little love, too.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:33 pm
The Rules

Please remember that this is just one way to find matches for your characters. You are not obligated to use this thread and it's meant purely for good IC and OOC fun. That said, if you are interested in posting here, please follow these rules.

The Rules
  • All characters posted here must be dragons, flits, or whers. People have heir own thread you can find here.
  • Dragons must be at least 6 months to use this Thread. They might get feels around that age, but cannot actually Rise or Chase until they are of proper age!
  • Flits can use this as soon as they're hatched since we don't have specific stages. Whers can use this as soon as they're on adult lines.
  • Fill out the form entirely.
  • Fill out forms in separate posts. If you post 10 characters, make 10 posts!
  • Please try to keep the thread up to date. Spoiler the post, or strike it, when they've found their OTP or long-term match.
  • Try not to make duplicate entries. If your entry is over 3 months old, and more than two pages back, you may spoiler the entry and re-post it. Otherwise, it's okay to let it sit there.
  • We may periodically delete old entries. For now, we'll see how much action this Thread gets, but we may sweep through and delete old entries after 4 months. This way only current people looking for matches are listed.
  • When someone approaches you about a charcter looking for romance, please be upfront about whether or not you're interested in someone's suggested idea. It's usually better to turn someone down flatly then to keep them hopeful when you know it's not going to work or not something you see happening. We do understand testing the waters with many parties, but try not to keep people hanging.
  • Players don't have to give reasons why they don't think a match will work. Please be okay with getting told no or let down.
  • When reaching out about listed advertisements, please be respectful. Don't be pushy if someone says no or turns your character down, or changes plans. There will always be new characters to match! Don't grump if your offer is declined.
  • This is meant to be FUN and not to be full of drama. Please just be adults and understand sometimes people won't want to plot with you or think your character is a good match and that's okay! There'll be others. Just be patient.
  • Please don't add to the advertisements. Just post what's listed and leave it at that. We don't necessarily want or need novels.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:46 pm
My Hearts Beat For You

RP Specific Headers
So folks can easily suss out whether or not you want RP or non-RPed plots only, please choose one header to use! This way if folks can see right away if you want RP with the couple, or prefer to just talk it out.

RPed Romances Only
This header should be used when folks really want to RP the couple!
[size=28][b][color=magenta]I Want Their Love To Go Down In History! Let's RP This Affair Out![/color][/b][/size]

Plotted Romances Only
This header should be used when folks would prefer just to talk about the romance, and either aren't interested, or don't have time, to really RP it all out.
[size=28][b][color=grey]I'd Rather Just Talk About It. No RP Required Here![/color][/b][/size]

Either/Or
This header can be used if you're okay with either RPed romance or plots only, or even a little from both!
[size=28][b][color=orange]Let's Just See What Happens. RP and Plot Only are Fine By Me![/color][/b][/size]

The Long Form
Fill this out if you want to go into some detail! Please shrink images down if they're too big.

[b]Character Art[/b] [img] [/img]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]Approved Character Sheet:[/b] [url=]xXx[/url]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b] If applicable. We understand some are unknown or not yet discovered.
[b]Rank[/b] i.e.Wingrider, Wingleader, etc.
[b]Current Location:[/b]

[center][b]Questions Asked by Amoranth[/b]
You can answer these OOCly. Just note that it's an OOC response specific to what you're looking for plot/story wise![/center]
[b]What types of colors are you interested in?[/b] Gold, Green, Blue, Brown, Bronze, White

[b]Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither?[/b]
[b]Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships?[/b]
[b]Are you open to long-distance relationships?[/b]
[b]Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each?[/b]

[b]Are you interested in a monogomous relationship?[/b]
[b]Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship?[/b]
[b]Are you interested in an open relationship?[/b]

[b]Are you looking for someone younger, someone your age, or someone older and mature?[/b]

[b]What's your ideal partner(s) like?[/b] Optional. You don't have to answer if they don't know.

[b]What's your ideal date like?[/b] Optional. You don't have to answer if they don't know.

[b]What are your deal breakers?[/b] Optional.

[b]How much affection do you want in a relationship?[/b]
[b]How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship?[/b]

[b]Anything you like in particular?[/b] Please keep this PG13 cause we are on Gaia, haha. But this could be anything i.e. prefers delicate greens, prefers bulking bronzes, loves a gold chaser, etc. You can ignore if it's a puppy-love sort of thing. It's also okay if this is more OOC as a character might not be too honest about it.

[b]Any possible hang-ups?[/b] Same as above, but things you don't want the character to wind up with, and/or something that they would not be interested in!

[center][b]OOC Information[/b][/center]
[b]What are you, the player, looking for for your character?[/b] This is important in case what you want is different than what your character wants, or if you have some plot fulfillment that's needed.

[b]Are there any plots attached to this possible pair/OT3/group? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil?[/b]

[b]Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit?[/b] It's just good to know in case someone sees the same character they're trying to court mingling with someone else. :3 It's good to know in advance so feelings aren't hurt if they see it!

[b]How do you prefer people contact you with offers?[/b] PMs, DMs, some other way?

[b]Is this an Amoranth Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is![/b] Y or N

Quick & Dirty Form
This is a short form for folks who hate forms. Please shrink images if they're too big.

[b]Character Art[/b] [img] [/img]
[b]Character's Name:[/b]
[b]Approved Character Sheet:[/b] [url=]xXx[/url]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b] If applicable. We understand some are unknown or not yet discovered.
[b]Rank[/b] i.e.Wingrider, Wingleader, etc.
[b]Current Location:[/b]

[b]What's your ideal partner(s) like?[/b] Optional. You don't have to answer if they don't know.

[center][b]OOC Information[/b][/center]
[b]What are you, the player, looking for for your character?[/b] This is important in case what you want is different than what your character wants, or if you have some plot fulfillment that's needed.

[b]How do you prefer people contact you with offers?[/b] PMs, DMs, some other way?

[b]Is this an Amoranth Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is![/b] Y or N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:47 pm
These forms can change at any time.  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:49 pm
I Want Their Love To Go Down In History! Let's RP This Affair Out!

Character Art

User Image

Character's Name: Zayinth
Approved Character Sheet: xXx
Orientation: Straight. Ish.
Rank Unaffiliated
Current Location: Anywhere not near a Weyr. She travels a lot with her rider. Is a familiar face around Bitra, Nabol, Southern, and most major Holds or Sea Ports.

Questions Asked by Amoranth
You can answer these OOCly. Just note that it's an OOC response specific to what you're looking for plot/story wise!

What types of colors are you interested in? I think she'd prefer a blue, brown, or bronze. Ladies would be more case-by-case.

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? Romance and someone to at least try to vie for her during her Flights.
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? Unfortunately, I think she's too pent up for that.
Are you open to long-distance relationships? Yes.
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? Long-Term OTP please!

Are you interested in a monogomous relationship? Yes!
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? It would have to be the right group but probably not.
Are you interested in an open relationship? She'd prefer not to be open. :c She travels but is faithful and can commit!

Are you looking for someone younger, someone your age, or someone older and mature? No preference at this point.

What's your ideal partner(s) like? She would prefer someone who is interested in either coming out to see her from time-to-time, or someone who wouldn't mind visits when she could convince T'sal to stop somewhere. A traveling partner would be ideal --she'd even throw in her rider T'sal if it worked out since his current boyfriend isn't around--but at least someone who might be understanding that she is not a Weyr dragon. Someone who is open to being faithful but long-distance, unless they're also unaffiliated and willing to travel.

Someone nice, someone romantic, someone sweet. Or maybe just someone protective. She has such a sensitive heart, and lots of love to give--but is often alone. She gets lonely a lot, so someone who wouldn't mind her gently peeking in on them from far away.

What's your ideal date like? She's... She's never been on a date. ;0; Maybe a beach date? Someplace warm with water and sand?

What are your deal breakers? ....dragons who are cruel to her. Or dragons who won't commit and break her hearts just because she has to travel.

How much affection do you want in a relationship? Lots!
How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship? Unfortunately, whoever she's with has to understand that if they're at Weyr, and can't travel with her, that they will often be apart unless her rider gets conned back to a Weyr.

Anything you like in particular? She seems to prefer males. Bigger males tend to catch her eye, but honestly, she's not picky.

Any possible hang-ups? Gold chasers, if they're a bronze or brown. She would prefer whoever she's with love her enough to give that up. While she understands there is a natural drive for queens, her hearts might well break if they got caught up with some gold while she was away.

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? I'd like Zayinth to find a long-distance OTP. Or maybe an OTP who can travel with her and T'sal. Yes, I am willing to throw T'sal in as relationship fodder too, given his last boyfriend apparently got lost to sea/things fell apart/is mia. (Men only, though.)

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair/OT3/group? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil? No real plots. I think his rider, T'sal, might be on the market too if you were interested in seeing riders and dragons hook up. Otherwise, any single male would do. Females can apply, too, but might be pickier as the only female she got close to loving is also mia.

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? I usually test the waters with multiples, if I get multiple offers. I usually like at least an RP or two to see if there is a connection. Zayinth is not an instant-romance kind of girl.

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? PM or DM!

Is this an Amoranth Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Sure! She'd happily tell her woes to Amoranth and see if he could suss someone out for her! Also okay if she finds love on her own or through happenstance.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:03 pm
I Want Their Love To Go Down In History! Let's RP This Affair Out!

Character Art
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Character's Name:Xiezhith
Orientation: It is a mystery
Rank Free Agent/Weyrless
Current Location: Fort Hold

You can answer these OOCly. Just note that it's an OOC response specific to what you're looking for plot/story wise!

What types of colors are you interested in? Greens.

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? Romance
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? He'd consider it for the right partner, but he also has neeeeeeeeds.
Are you open to long-distance relationships? Yes.
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? He can do a little of A and a little of B.

Are you interested in a monogomous relationship? Yes
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? He can't share.
Are you interested in an open relationship? He absolutely cannot share.

Are you looking for someone younger, someone your age, or someone older and mature? He won't go for a dragon younger than 10 turns, beyond that no preferences.

What's your ideal partner(s) like? Someone he can dote on. Who doesn't mind he's very Weyrless (he knows, he's frustrated too), and that he's not as free to travel as he would like atm. Someone with a wicked side will find he's very much not the dragon for them.

What's your ideal date like? --

What are your deal breakers? Wicked personality, someone who is trying to play him, or is deceptive. He does not like being nagged either.

How much affection do you want in a relationship? All of it. He's lonely, please.
How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship? He doesn't enjoy clingy, but he doesn't mind physically affectionate. Plz 2 exist on your own without 100% reliance.

Anything you like in particular? He's a big boy and kind of...likes to feel like the big boy. Would prefer a dragon smaller than him.

Any possible hang-ups? He will absolutely fight to show his devotion, but if he has to fight to even have a shot at the hearts of the object of his affections, he may be turned off.

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? Right now his plot ends are all open. However, he will eventually end up at a Weyr....and which one is uncertain! He will not choose for love as being at a Weyr at all is *not* his decision, so anybody who likes the boy will have to live with a potential LDR, depending.

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair/OT3/group? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil? No relationship plots. Just an individual character bit as noted above.

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? It is a mystery. If I'm testing the waters with him I'll inform any others who approach, but first-come-first-serve on waters-testing!

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? Carrier Pigeon.

Is this an Amoranth Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! It could be! Xiezhith has been bumming around at Fort Hold for....a long time. He's definitely had time to vent his frustrations to another dragon if they want to listen to the handsome big blue.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:34 pm
Character Art
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Character's Name: Bayeth
Orientation: craves affection, does not care where from
Rank Wingrider
Current Location: High Reaches

What types of colors are you interested in? A...anyone who is interested in me? Although that...is probably no one at all.

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? Romance would be nice. ...anything would be nice. Whatever you want.
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? If we can still cuddle? I...I really like to be close, if that's okay.
Are you open to long-distance relationships? I wouldn't complain. I'm sure they have important things to do, so I wouldn't try to stop them. I'm...here when they have time.
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? What...whatever someone wants?

Are you interested in a monogamous relationship? If someone would be happy with just me...I understand if they wouldn't be, though.
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? As long as everyone is happy. I don't want to be in the way, or anything like that.
Are you interested in an open relationship? If it makes them happy, that's fine...

Are you looking for someone younger, someone your age, or someone older and mature? It really doesn't matter.

What's your ideal partner(s) like? Someone who isn't too bothered by me. I know I worry about a lot of things, and not everyone wants to listen to that...most people don't, really.

What's your ideal date like? Whatever makes them happy! If they're happy, then I'm happy.

What are your deal breakers? Someone who's angry a lot, or mean?

How much affection do you want in a relationship? I do really like to cuddle, but if they don't like that as much, it's okay. I can...go nap somewhere else if they want the ledge.
How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship? I don't really need any.

Anything you like in particular? I just...like anyone who will spend time with me. We don't even have to talk, or do anything, I'm okay just...being around someone. If they're okay with that.

Any possible hang-ups? Someone who...doesn't really like me?

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? Bayeth requires cuddles. XD He really is open to most types of relationships! He's super-agreeable, and would be easy for someone to walk all over or use...although his rider might have something to say about that. So ultimately, something sweet for him!

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair/OT3/group? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil? Not really!

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? It is a possibility!

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? DMs

Is this an Amoranth Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Y  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:30 pm
Let's Just See What Happens. RP and Plot Only are Fine By Me!
Character Art User Image
Character's Name: Aviroth
Orientation: Heterosexual, demiromantic.
Rank Weyrlingmaster’s brown
Current Location: High Reaches Weyr

These were answered ICly, though Aviroth probably had a slight air of disinterest about the whole thing.

What types of colors are you interested in? A gold, of course—though better a bronze for her. I suppose a green would also be fine. As for a white, well...

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? I do believe it falls to the female to choose her chaser and set the boundaries.
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? I am, though of course I would still chase others in the meantime.
Are you open to long-distance relationships? I imagine that with my limited time, they would be better off finding another where they are. Perhaps, thougj.
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? That all depends upon the dragon.

Are you interested in a monogomous relationship? Perhaps.
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? Ha! I have barely the time to win two hearts, let alone four, or Faranth forbid, six!
Are you interested in an open relationship? I intend to continue to chase golds, unless one bids me be hers alone—so yes, I suppose.

Are you looking for someone younger, someone your age, or someone older and mature? It is irrelevant.

What's your ideal partner(s) like? Glittering, refined, poised, and dutiful.

What's your ideal date like? I highly doubt I would have time for ‘dating’.

What are your deal breakers? Any who would lash out against the Weyr and her queens, her style of rule. Anyone flouting their duty.

How much affection do you want in a relationship? Oh, I’m negotiable there. Perhaps a normal amount.
How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship? My rider is too busy to have a clingy lover underfoot—independence is a must.

Anything you like in particular? Respect—getting it from a green, and giving it to a gold. I enjoy the presence of hatchlings. ...A slender neck. (OOCly he also likes breaking disrespectful dragons to heel, but obviously that’s a more troublesome thing.)

Any possible hang-ups? I cannot abide subversive behavior, nor anyone who would see Eveleth overthrown or our way of life changed. (You big brown liar, you...) I do have a...distinct lack of free time, so anyone needing constant attention best look elsewhere.

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? Lol anyyhing, bar death. Ideally a dragon who has a rider that is NOT single, as V’mel is already attached.

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair/OT3/group? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil? None that I know of. He’s just a busy brown.

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? Very probably yes. Aviroth’s in his 30s after all. He has caught his share of greens and turned golden heads before. And he would be very slow to declare any monogamy.

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? Ping me on Dsicord, yo’!”

Is this an Amoranth Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! Sure!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:25 pm
Let's Just See What Happens. RP and Plot Only are Fine By Me!

Character Art User Image

Character's Name: Oyath
Orientation: Heterosexual
Rank Wingrider
Current Location: High Reaches Weyr

What types of colors are you interested in? None. ( There is a mumbled "anyone who will have me" )

Are you looking for romance, something physical, or both? Neither? Cowards.
Are you open to asexual or non-physical relationships? What's the point?
Are you open to long-distance relationships? If they're not around, what's the point? Relationships are meant to be easily confirmed.
Do you want something long-term or more of a short-term fling or even a one-night-stand, or some of each? Flights are plenty enough of a one night stand.

Are you interested in a monogomous relationship? If Mine has only one mate, that is enough for me.
Are you interested in a polyamorous relationship? No.
Are you interested in an open relationship? No.

Are you looking for someone younger, someone your age, or someone older and mature? . . . . older, perhaps.

What's your ideal partner(s) like? Hah!

What's your ideal date like? .....I don't know. I've never thought about it.

What are your deal breakers? Anyone who would harm A'yemine, verbally or physically - rider or dragon. I will end you.

How much affection do you want in a relationship? I.......I don't know.
How much independence/distance do you want in a relationship? Why bother trying to court me if you'd rather leave? Or let me "have space" to ease your mind?

Anything you like in particular? Just.......someone nice. Someone who. Never mind, this is a waste of my time.

Any possible hang-ups? Why are you still bothering me?

OOC Information

What are you, the player, looking for for your character? Someone who will let Oyath know it's okay to let go, that she doesn't have to drive EVERYONE away to protect A'ye anymore. That there might be someone with /her/ best interests at hearts. TL;DR A'ye is happy, I want Oyath to be happy.

Are there any plots attached to this possible pair/OT3/group? If so, can you let us know what those plots are or what role this relationship is meant to fulfil? None so far!

Do you plan on having the character test the waters with multiple characters or players to find a perfect fit? It's up to whomever is feeling brave enough to try!

How do you prefer people contact you with offers? DMs

Is this an Amoranth Inspired Match? He'll be so happy if it is! ??? Sure...?  
Plot-Zone & Mini-Shops

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games