Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Whole Wide World
Sacramento, California

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sacramento, capital of the U.S. state of California, lies at the confluence of the Sacramento River and American River. The district of Old Sacramento harkens back to the city’s Gold Rush era, with wooden sidewalks and wagon rides. One of several museums in Old Sacramento, the California State Railroad Museum depicts the construction of the Transcontinental Railroad, one of the country’s earliest technological feats.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:30 pm
When the morning comes
When we see what we've become
In the cold light of day we're a flame in the wind
Not the fire that we've begun
Every argument, every word we can't take back

» Owl Eɴтнυѕιαѕт »Hᴜғғʟᴇᴘᴜғғ Sɪxᴛʜ Yeαr :: Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ »Qᴜɪᴅᴅɪᴛᴄʜ Cᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ/Cнαѕer

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili looked over the touristy map once more and tried not to sigh in irritation. She hadn't minded getting up early to go to the beach nor had she minded the two and a half hour tour of Yosemite but right now all she really wanted to do was...not whatever her parents were doing. Wyatt at least looked like he knew where he was going (which she kinda doubted since from what she remembered he had grown up in southern part of the state when not at school soo..??) but she had to admit it was definitely better than being stuck in a long line to see Mickey Mouse again. It'd been awhile since the family had another U.S. vacation so the dads had planned the trip as a sort of celebration of family achievements: Dris graduating and getting onto a national quidditch team (only a year late but it's never too late to celebrate!), her not dying from her OWL's (she may or may not be totally stressing about what her grades might be) and her parent's upcoming fifteenth wedding anniversary. It was disgustingly adorable how much in love the two men still were, and she really only meant the disgusting part when they groped each other and forgot their children were still behind them. Ugghh. Still though, the last time her dads had brought them to California was before she had even started Hogwarts and they had mainly stayed in the Baja beach area where Wyatt was most familiar as well as taking day trips to Disneyland. This time though, since the kids were much much older, they were doing allot more stuff that required allot more walking and touristy stuff rather than bright shiny colors. (That said they were still planning on going to Disney their last day to see all the fireworks because how could they NOT?!)

"Daaaaaaddddddd~ Are you positively sure we're going in the right direction? Because I'm like, eighty percent sure we passed by whatever seafood place you were wanting us to go to." And there had been a l o t of seafood places. Which, duh, they were a few miles out from an actual ocean but still! Wyatt for the most part just rolled his eyes having head her whine and pretty sure his husbands for the past twenty minutes.

"First, we haven't passed it up, and second it's not just 'some' seafood place. When I heard they actually built Rocko's Tacos restaurant I knew we had to visit. They had a legendary taco truck and business when I still lived out here so hearing they actually have a restaurant, wow." It was really hard not to roll her eyes at her dad's wonder at fish tacos, but Laili just barely made it through the temptation. Barely. Uncle James would be proud. Well maybe Aunt Lyre would be proud, James would've maybe said something sassy instead.

She sighed and kept trekking along with her family because you know, at least he had a passion for something. What did she really have? A love of owls and a decent trick shot? A few years ago she would've said that was enough but now...she supposed so but what if she was really just deluding herself? Kinda like she had with her relationship with Nat. Sure, it'd been fun and he was a great guy, friend, and boyfriend but that spark of something that she had thought she had wasn't there. He was cute definitely but, she hadn't really been attracted to him, which was weird because how could she think he was cute but still not be attracted to him?! At least his side of the relationship was simple; he'd admitted to her that he saw her as a really close friend but also didn't feel any attraction to her...or members of her gender. Which was fine! She totally got that! She was raised around it for goodness sake!

They broke up closer friends than before and she was about seventy-ish percent sure she knew who it was that had caught her friend's eye, but she couldn't act on it until they were back at school. And she could totally wait and plan for it but, as selfish as it seemed, what about her? She didn't want to be defined as one of those girls always looking for a boyfriend but she wanted something, y'know? Like a definitive answer. Laili had long given up on Chance and was happier for it since she was sure he'd never see her as anything more than one of his best friend's little sister, plus all his music and rock and roll stuff would definitely irritate whatever poor owl she would bring home so essentially it was doomed from the start. But it still didn't answer her major question of what exactly had drawn her to him in the first place? He was good looking definitely, he was really nice, charming, sweet, everything a girl could want. And she thought those things but..there was still..something missing? Like, when she and Nat had kissed, she had felt a tingle but it was a weird tingle. It wasn't necessarily a bad tingle, but definitely a weird one.

Laili was pulled from her thoughts by Wyatt's shout of triumph so she supposed he'd finally found the restaurant. And she could admit, the smells coming from the revolving doors were kinda nice. Right as they were heading inside she noticed some people handing out flyers, basically just shoving it into her hands really, and once she got over the pushiness she actually looked at it. It was for an apparent "ladies night" at a bar that she was pretty sure she'd seen the name of not too far from their hotel. The flyer offered no cover charge and half off first drinks before ten pm. Laili quickly hid the flyer in her satchel as she didn't want her family to know she had kept it but kept thinking it over as they were seated and ordering their food. A bar was far from the best place to try having her existential questions answered, especially a bar in a whole other country, but...She had literally just been thinking about it and then the flyer just happened to land in her lap (shoved into her hand but semantics) so. Maybe someone up there in those tricky clouds was looking upon her and thought "ye, i'll throw her a bone." Pft.
                                                Bone. Goodlord, she's been hanging around the twins too much. As the drinks and food came, she tried to put her thoughts on the back burner but every once in a while the came floating back.

'This is crazy! This is idiotic! This is just! I can't believe I'm doing this!' Laili thought loudly to herself as she slid into the backseat of her taxi. After leaving the taco place, her dad's had decided to go back to the hotel for few hours of rest. The flyer was still burning holes in her bag but she didn't want to leave too early to derive suspicion from her parents. So when they left for dinner she feigned that she was still full and tired from earlier and was allowed to stay back at the hotel. She got ready while everyone was out since she really had no idea what was appropriate "bar wear." She'd brought a few dresses on the trip but most were just casual ones and one was more of a "just in case" situation and she very much doubted what she wad doing counted.

The hotel had a wifi lounge where she could use a computer and hoping no one was looking over her shoulder, she searched for appropriate outfits and was only half way shocked by how revealing some of it could be. She was sixteen not twelve, she knew it definitely could've been worse. If she were really honest, some of the stuff Laili saw she was pretty sure she'd seen Tassy wear walking around the alley! After her "research" she'd decided upon a pretty simple outfit: she had taken an old Beatles t-shirt that was a bit too big on her and tied it up to show off her midriff and paired it with a pair of high waist shorts that she was sure if she'd grown another inch or so would very quickly land her into public indecency. Thanking her past self for packing a pair of heels (even if they were her sparkle wedges) she put those on and only kept on her various rings as accessories not wanting to overdo it. Laili was also thankful for the years of stage makeup experience because once she was done, even she had to admit she looked maybe a few years older than she really was.

She had then slipped back under the covers and waited for the tell-tale signs of her parents returning and held her breath as they came into her room to check on her then quickly leaving once they saw the lights were off and her moving under the covers. Once she was sure they were back in their rooms and not leaving, she jumped back out and quickly and quietly as she could made her escape out the hotel. Finding a taxi hadn't been as bad as allot of shows and movies made it seem (though in her defense this was her first time doing so and she was wearing short shorts) and after she had stammered out the name of the bar, they were off. Once or twice, or several she wasn't counting, Laili thought about turning back and just forgetting the whole thing but once she had finally arrived at the bar and promptly paid the taxi driver, she realized the moment had passed. The bouncer (that's what they were called right??) hadn't even asked to look at ID after she showed the damning flyer, he'd only placed a stamp on her hand and waved her through.

The actual inside of the bar wasn't as scary or dark or foreboding as she imagined it would look. If anything, it looked like a more recent version of Rosmerta's but with more flat screens and even a pinball machine! Laili closed her mouth quickly when she realized she was gaping a bit and made her way over to the bar which thankfully wasn't so populated. Most people were either sitting at tables talking and watching whatever was on the telly or already making their way to the small dance floor. She took a seat on the first stool she came to and wriggled around a bit since it wasn't really as comfortable as it first looked while she waited for the bartender to notice her. In the meantime, she looked over the drink list that was ever so nicely listed behind the bar with the prices beside them too, how nice. Her parents had given her a nice allowance to spend on souvenirs and gifts for herself and friends and she was glad she'd gotten most out the way before doing this-stupididioticharebrained-outing so she had quite a bit left.

"Hi! Um, cou-could I have a 'jungle bird' please?" Laili managed to get out blushing at her obvious stutter. The bartender thankfully didn't mention it and just started on it while she dug into her pocket for her small wad of cash to pay for it. She handed over the money once the drink was placed in front of her and was given allot more than she first calculated before he tapped her stamp reminding her of the ladies' night drink offer. The bright orange drink didn't look too bad, there was even a large piece of pineapple hanging off the side of it, so she only hesitated for a few seconds before taking a sip of it. Her eyes widened and she let out an unconscious hum of delight. It was sweet and a little bit tangy but she liked it!

She sipped more as she took another look around feeling herself loosen up bit by bit. I couldn't help overhearing your accent earlier. British, right?" Laili started and turned to see a man who she hadn't noticed noticed before smiling at her. He had a nice smile and he looked to be maybe in his early twenties. She blushed and nodded at his question. "Y-yes. I'm...I'm taking a bit of a holiday." she answered, which technically was true. He didn't need to know the holiday was with her family. He raised his dark eyebrows in surprise at her words and his smiled widened showing more teeth than before. "Yeah? Sounds fun. What've you done so far?" Here Laili paused because what out of everything sounded the most adult-like? "Well...I took a few wine tours, visited Yosemite, and I uh..I Rocko's Tacos?" she winced at letting that last one slip out, she hadn't wanted to say "oh, and I'm visiting Disneyland to get a princess makeover and see the fireworks." She winced as he laughed before exclaiming that "I love that place! Rocko's ******** rules!" surprising her before she joined in his laughter.

After that their talk went a bit smoother and once she finished her first drink he signaled the bartender for another for her, only instead of a fruity one like she had before it was a smaller bright blue shot. "Trust me, it's like an American initiation to have one." he told her with a wink and another cute grin. Laili grinned back, albeit nervously, and before she could change her mind she threw the whole drink back and had to fight not to either gag or spit the appalling taste back out. Once the burning liquid was finally down she could admit the lighter fluid taste lessened. Her male companion, Matt as she later found out, laughed at her again since she apparently couldn't hide her expressive looks. "Prolly should've warned you it's a acquired taste, huh?" he said through his laughter while she pouted at him. "That's not funny! And you owe me a better drink after that...that bloody shite!" she yelled at him. She didn't mean to yell though, she hoped she wasn't being too loud. "Your accent is really ******** sexy. And so are you." Matt told her suddenly serious causing her face to heat up from his look. Budge up, Laili, isn't this the whole point of the evening! Say something! "You're not a sight for sore eyes either." she finally bit out blushing more at the lameness of her words but thankfully he just laughed and kept on about how cute she was.

Before Laili realized, hours had passed and she could feel herself getting steadily drunker with each drink he passed over to her before she found herself laughing at a story he was telling about him, a buddy of his, and a very irritated tortoise. As she wiped away the tears collecting in the corners of her eyes she realized just how full the bar suddenly became, she could barely see across the room now!, and just how numb her bottom felt from all the sitting she'd been doing. "Wow! We've been, we've been talking for a long time, haven' we?" she asked him suddenly and...did he suddenly get closer? Or had he always been this close? She hoped her dads hadn't figured out she was gone yet, she was having a great time! Why hadn't she thought to do this sort of thing sooner! "Yeah, but it's getting sorta loud out here. I know somewhere a lil cozier we can talk some more. Sound good?" Laili's eyes widened as she nodded her head. That did sound good! Great even! She liked talking with Matt.

He helped her off the stool which was a good thing since the moment her feet touched back down she felt like newborn gazelle and then giggled as she wondered if this was how Dris always felt waking up in the morning. He lead her through the crowd of people nodding and she thought she even caught him doing a thumbs up at someone but then she blinked and he wasn't so, it must've just been her imagination. Once they arrived at..well she didn't know where this was. There was a couch and few beat up bean bag chairs and that was all she pretty much got to see before she was pushed up against a wall. Matt's breath smelled like sour beer and that pineapple chunk he'd stolen from her drink earlier and it was all Laili smelled as he kept crowding her murmuring about no one bothering them back here. She wasn't completely sure this was a good thing though and the smile she had thought was so charming before was suddenly disconcerting. Maybe, just maybe, she should've listened to her first and fifteenth thought and stayed at the hotel.

Cause with all that has happened
I think that we both know the way that this story ends
Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I wanna raise your spirits

Miss GryffindorK

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:47 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Sacramento, California
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milo & Wyatt
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Looking for Laili
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I hope she's not hurt

Dris had spent the day following Wyatt and Milo as they attempted to (apparently) do every kitschy touristy thing in the entirety of California. Honestly, he was getting tired of following them around. It didn't help that the bright sunlight and insane volume of noises were killing his head. It hadn't helped that halfway to "the world's best taco place" he'd gotten grabbed by a crazy hobo demanding he give over all his money. After being screamed at for a few minutes, Milo was able to pull himself from his fit of laughter long enough to tell the nut to get lost before he called 9-9-9. On their speedy walk away from the crazy guy, the tallest Abrams was able to laugh (even though he still sounded a little terrified). Luckily Laili was able to verify from Wyatt they were indeed going the right way, and Dris rolled his eyes at Wyatt's proclamation that Rocko's was the best place ever.

Finally, they made it to the restaurant, which Dris had to admit smelled heavenly. There was some dude handing out fliers for a bar, which Dris declined. He'd had one too many of Milo's concoctions to trust a random bar in Cali. Besides, it was ladies' night there, which is why Milo sighed and declined a flier. Dris ordered himself double the amount of food of anyone else, cackling when they asked (for the umpteenth time) where he was putting it all. He mumbled about them being jealous, but was reprimanded for eating and talking at the same time.

After eating his fill at the taco place, Dris followed the adults back to the hotel, finally feeling normal. The walk back was uneventful (no hobos, yay!), and he was happy to get a few minutes to relax. Laili said she wasn't feeling up for dinner, and by some miracle, Wyatt and Milo said she could hang out at the hotel. He was about to say he could stay behind, but Milo grabbed his arm, saying they'd have a few drinks and hang out. Dris gave Laili a pleading look as he left, jealous that the younger girl got to relax. He wouldn't even be able to say he was full like she had, because everyone in the family knew he was always hungry. Curse his teenage metabolism!

The guys went out to a nice little restaurant, and Milo was having fun sampling wine (even though they'd been to three wineries that day alone). Dris opted for soda and a bigger meal, hopefully enough that he could just go to sleep afterward without question. Instead, he had to help Wyatt escort a giggling, wine-drunk Milo back to the hotel. Once there, Dris was instructed to make sure Laili was okay. He rolled his eyes, grumbling about her not having anywhere to go. He knocked on the door to her room, frowning when he got no reply. "Laili? You in there?" He waited a minute in case she was using the bathroom or something, then knocked louder. "Laili? LAILI MORGAN." That didn't get a reply either, and he didn't hear any noise from the room, so he walked back down to the lobby where their parents were. "Hey, um... I'm not sure if she's asleep or not, but Lils isn't responding. Do one of you have her room key?" He looked more at Wyatt, since he was by far the better planner. Milo was more a deep-seated worrier, and he'd be more likely to fly into panic. "What do you mean? You probably didn't go to the right room. She's in 408!"

Dris rolled his eyes at Milo, then spoke up. "Of course I know what room she's in. It's literally ten feet from mine. She's not there. I don't know where the heck she would be though." Milo wandered off to the lift, going to double check (because she was surely there). Getting to her door, he knocked loudly. "Laili! Laili my child~ Come on out!" He tried a few more times, before returning to the others. "Someone must've kidnapped her. We never should've left her! Wyatt where is she?!" Somehow, hearing one of the adults say something scared Dris more than when he thought the same only seconds ago. Where could Laili be?!

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ
Oɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʟᴏɴᴇ ʀᴇᴅ ʀᴏᴠᴇʀ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴍʏ ᴄᴀʀᴅs ᴄʟᴏsᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ᴡʜᴀᴛ I ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴏsᴛ
I'ᴍ ᴀ ꜰɪʀsᴛ-ᴄʟᴀss ʟᴇᴛ-ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴀ "sʜᴜᴛ ᴜᴘ, sɪᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ"
I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴄᴀsᴇ, I ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀ ᴏꜰ ʙᴏᴏᴍ. Iᴛ's ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴀʀʀɪᴠɪɴɢ,
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀ, ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ɪɴ ᴛᴜɴᴇ
Oʜ, ʜᴏᴡ ᴅɪᴅ ɪᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs? Oʜ, ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴀ Pᴏʟᴀʀᴏɪᴅ
Bᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɪɴ ᴘɪᴄᴛᴜʀᴇ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴄᴀɴ ꜰɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏɪᴅ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:56 pm
When the morning comes

.¸¸.•´´¯`•At the first kiss Laili didn't freak out much since she was sorta expecting it, though she would've appreciated if he hadn't pushed her up against the wall they way he had. The kiss itself wasn't bad, she was sorta gagging though at the beer smell invading her senses but his lips were surprisingly soft and considering she'd only kissed one other person before she didn't have much to judge. Then he added in tongue and it started getting a bit unpleasant. She pulled away with a grimace to tell him so but then his previously unoccupied hands grabbed her by the waist which made her eep as his mouth trailed down her neck. She supposed it was supposed to feel good but really it felt like sticky jam sliding down her neck and just the imagery made her shudder which Matt caught onto and chuckled. "Feel good, baby?" Was she supposed to answer? Because if she did she wasn't completely sure what might come out her mouth. So she just settled for a noncommittal hum and hesitantly placed her hands on his shoulders as he kept attacking her neck and lips.

Well, this is what she had come out for; to figure out once and for all if she in any way desirable and see what she was missing. Honestly all she learned was that men would look at anything that wore short shorts and stood still and that tongues on necks felt gross. Laili was trying to just go with it until she felt the hands on her waist start wandering higher and lower than their original target. When one was just below her breast she pulled back abruptly which was definitely a bad idea in her condition since it made the room suddenly spin. "Uh-uhm, could we...could we not do that? I'm just, not ready for..that." she explained, or tried to anyway. Matt's face came into her field of vision looking confused and maybe just a little bit angry?

"Hey hey, it's alright. You know me, we've been talking all night and I think you're really special y'know? Really special and ******** sexy as hell." He came forward to kiss her again but she turned away. "That's nice but I'm still not..not up for that."
                                                "So what? You're just going to be a ******** tease?" Laili's eyes widened at Matt's harsh angry tone and she winced as his grip on her became tighter. "St-stop that, you're hurting-" "I was nice right? You even said I was cute. We're just getting closer." Had she said he was cute? It was a possibility but between all the mixed drinks and shots she was having trouble even remembering her room number let alone if she'd called him cute.

"You were-you're not right now though. And I don't owe you anything!" Matt showed some surprise at her vehemence before scowling and grabbing both of her hands and gripping them harder against the wall as he went back to trying to kiss her. She immediately protested and began struggling, but she had a feeling it wasn't as rough as it could've been. Not only all the alcohol, she hadn't had any actual food since those fish tacos many many hours ago and she was starting to feel the weakening effects of it. Realizing its futility, Laili began yelling hoping someone over the din of music and conversation would hear her before her yells were abruptly caught off by Matt grabbing at her throat. "Shut up! You want this just as bad as I do." Matt snarled.

Laili was crying now and pleading not able to believe how she could've been so entirely stupid as to think this was a good idea. She heard something clink and felt her heart drop down into her stomach wondering if it was what she thought it was before she blinked and all of sudden she could breathe again. It took her a few seconds to reorient herself but once she did not only did she realize she could breathe she realized Matt wasn't near her anymore but was instead being twisted sharply by a tall imposing woman in a red jumper. She couldn't hear whatever it was she was saying to him, but whatever it was made him blanche and quickly nod his head before she released him. When Matt looked the teen's way she flinched but apparently it was for naught since her strange savior gave him warning punch to the back of his head which had him staggering back out to bar.

The woman then turned to Laili and softened her scowling expression. "You alright?" she asked before wincing, though for what for Laili had no idea. She tried to open her mouth to tell that she totally wasn't fine, that she was scared, that she was tired and dizzy and hungry, that she wanted to go home and cry in her Papa Milo's chest and never ever leave his hug because his hugs were the absolute best in this circumstance but if she did she'd also be in so so sooo much trouble and all because of something stupid. She wanted to say all of that but all that happened was a few soft croaks before she completely dissolved into tears. The other woman looked uncomfortable but she at least didn't try and comfort her. She wasn't sure if she wanted anyone but her family touching her at the moment.

"Do you have anyone to call who could come get you?" Laili shook her head vehemently as she tried to wipe her face not caring she was smearing her "age defying" makeup. "I just, I just want to go home please." she said softly through her sobs. Again the woman looked uncomfortable, though less than before. "Well...if you don't mind riding a bike, I could get you home?" she suddenly offered startling Laili. "N-no! No! You-you've already done so much al-already! I don't, I don't want to ruin more of your evening!" she cried out. To her bafflement, the woman just chuckled and muttered something about someone being right about the English. Whatever that meant.

"It's cool, you're not ruining anything. If anything I'm sorry your night was ruined by that sorry excuse. I promise, not all Americans are trash like him. We're just regular trash." she said with a smirk and shrug. Her assessment had Laili give out an abrupt laugh at her tone and choice of words which made her blush but also smile a bit. In the end, she agreed to the ride telling her the name of the hotel. She knew it was probably foolish to trust another stranger so soon after the last one but she couldn't really explain it. She felt like anyone who punched a sexual deviant and called themselves trash couldn't really be all that bad. They walked back out through the bar, Laili keeping her head down and eyes stuck to Penny's back (they had exchanged names as well and Laili had no idea whyyy she had blushed so hard) in fear of making accidental eye contact with Matt.

Luckily there was no sight of the, from the little she even saw anyway, and they made it outside with little to no hassle. Then came the next shock of the night at seeing that the "bike" Penny had mentioned previously was actually a motorcycle and not an actual...bike. Penny handed her the helmet that had been hanging on the handlebars and after putting it on backwards helped her strap it on much to Laili's confused mortification. Plus it didn't help that her height put her pretty much right at the taller woman's chest and that she noticed she smelled really really lovely for someone who'd been spending time in a bar. Penny just grinned at her as if she could hear what she was thinking (corbloodyhell, she hoped she wasn't doing the drunk thing were she was talking what she was thinking!) then gave her a brief lesson on riding. Laili was pretty sure she only heard about half of what she said but nodded all the same before staggering over to the bike and managing to slip on behind her.

The moment she revved the engine, she grabbed tightly onto Penny forgetting her earlier distress of touching someone as they rode away from the bar. She kept her eyes close pretty much the entire time after watching the speeding signs and colors for all of five seconds before the nausea rose with a vengeance. She only opened them when they had stopped for longer than few minutes and could feel someone patting her hands. "Woah! You've gotta helluva grip for someone who looked like they were gonna keel over a few minutes ago." Penny laughed. Laili looked around to notice they were actually back at her hotel, which meant this horrible horrendous night was close to being over. Thank the Gods.

She slid off the motorcycle, almost literally had Penny not had a quick grab, and stammered out more thanks for the ride and for everything really as she blushed and took the helmet off. Again, Penny just chuckled and waved her concerns away slipping the helmet on her own head this time. "I just hope that douche didn't leave a bad taste of Americans in your mouth. Remember what I said?" Laili chucked here saying she did remember and that Penny most definitely wasn't trash. Penny grinned and laughed thanking her before driving off, not before telling her to stick closer to home if she decided to out on the town. And to possibly wait again until she was actually legal. Laili wasn't all that shocked that Penny had figured out her true age but she did feel...disappointed? Which was slightly surprising because why would she feel that? Finally they parted with Penny driving off into the night and Laili wondering just how the heck she was going to sneak back into her room with ruined makeup, wearing clothes she definitely hadn't been wearing before and smelling like,well, a bar.

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind

Miss GryffindorK

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:18 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Laili
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Worrying

Dris was officially freaking out. He'd been helping Milo and Wyatt search the hotel and several close-by places for Laili. She didn't seem to be anywhere. Milo had already had a full blown panic attack, and Dris was pretty sure Wyatt was inside helping him out. While they were inside, the tallest Abrams braved the loud street sounds for any sign of his sister. What if Milo was right and she had been abducted? Hell, he'd seen enough of the news to know it was not only possible, but surprisingly common, especially in busy urban areas. While he was taking a second to lean against the wall outside, a vivid burst of red clouded much of his vision. He heard the rumble of a motorcycle and covered his ears, trying to uncover his sight. After hearing the familiar soft purple, the lanky male pushed himself closer to the rumbling bike.

After a second, the noise revved up, then faded off, bringing Dris to looking over at his little sister in proper. "Lils! Oh thank god! We've been so worried about you!" He wrapped his arms around her, just thankful she appeared to be whole and more or less alright. It was during the hug that he noticed the strong smell of alcohol, and he really, really hoped she hadn't done something completely stupid. It was when he pulled away a bit that he noticed her revealing outfit and smudged makeup. Oh boy. It seemed she'd been trying to have an exciting night. "Oh Lils... what happened? You look... not good." He gave her a small frown, but his brown eyes betrayed his worry. He slipped his arms out of his thin jacket and wrapped it around the girl, if only to provide her a bit of coverage. Milo would probably stroke out if he saw her in that... attire

Yukina101

Aʟʟ ᴍʏ ʟɪꜰᴇ I'ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴀsᴛ ʟᴀɴᴇ, ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sʟᴏᴡ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, I'ᴍ ᴀ ʀᴏʟʟɪɴ' ꜰʀᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʀᴀɪɴ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:24 pm
When the morning comes

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili stood in the spot waving to Penny knowing the other couldn't see her for a few seconds, mainly as a way to figure out how the heck she was going to sneak past her parents when she suddenly heard her name called. She turned to see Dris coming towards her and throwing his arms around her for a tight hug. She flinched at the first contact and immediately felt bad about it before immediately returning the hug practically burrowing into her brother's taller frame. She was going to ask why he was even out there when she caught the words "we've been so worried." Well dragon dung, they'd already figured out she had gone! And from Dris' next words, he was halfway to figuring out to where. "I-I..I did something really really stupid. I went out to a bar and I started talking to this guy who was kinda nice at first and he started giving me drinks and they weren't all as bad as I thought they'd be but then he kept giving me more and more and then he took me to the back and he started ki-kissing me and his hands were, they were-! I told him to stop but he wasn't! He wouldn't! An-an-and then he just kept on and, and I was so scared and so freaking stupid to trust him like that! But I got lucky that Penny, she came out of nowhere like an actual superhero and she took care of him and she drove me here and then you came and..now we're here." Laili rambled barely taking breaths and hitching a sob when it came to the part about Matt and the room. She wrapped his jacket tighter around herself like it could keep her safe from the dark memory. "Pleasepleaseplease Dris, you can't tell them. You-you can't tell them about this. Not now at least." Possibly not ever but she kept that little tidbit to herself.

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Laili
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Worrying

Dris listened to Laili, frowning at the waver in her normally confident voice. She said she'd sneaked off to a bar, which he understood (he had accidentally gotten wasted on some of Milo's whisky, after all), but her next words hit hard. Some guy got her drunk. Some ******** creep had touched his little sister. He gnashed his teeth, trying not to show his anger. Not right now. Not while she was so scared. He set his hand on her shoulder when she began to sob, the sound sending fiery orange waves through him. Dris figured that guy better not show his face because the twenty-year-old was 100% certain he'd be sent to Azkaban for murder. It wasn't until Laili begged him not to tell their parents that he calmed down.

"Don't worry, Lils. We'll.... come up with something. Hell, maybe we can say you got food poisoning? I could say I found you coming out of the ladies' room in the lobby or something. It makes sense, since none of us could check there. We'll get you upstairs and changed, then if you want, you can stay in my room tonight. I don't mind staying up to watch telly, or hell, even just to talk." He bit his lip, trying to keep from flaring back to anger at the creep who took advantage of a sixteen year old girl. He had to stay calm right now, if only for Laili. She needed a protector, not another raging arsehole. He pulled her into another hug, gently petting her hair. She could probably do with a shower and some sleep, just to make her feel normal. He sighed softly, hoping to help this night end in as little issue as possible. "C'mon, we should probably head inside. Hopefully dads are still in their room, Milo was... freaking out. We can get you to your room, even just to grab your stuff. Then you might shower. It'll help your head. Trust me." He offered a knowing grin, then held open the door to the hotel, giving her a worried look.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:42 pm
When the morning comes

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili noticed how silent Dris had been and how upset he was looking even if he was probably hiding much more than what she was seeing and felt bad. Worse actually. He was probably agreeing that what she'd done was a stupid horrible mistake and was going to starting ranting about it any moment now and she deserved it! All because she wanted to test some stupid theory. Well, she certainly got some answers, but now she had more questions than even before! And allot of them were starting to revolve around Penny much to her consternation. Instead though, Dris surprised her by agreeing to not tell their parents about what had happened and even came up with a more than decent cover story as to where she was and was even willing to let her bunk with him. Unwillingly, more tears started falling and no matter how much Laili tried to wipe them away, more came after them so she just gave up and allowed her brother to comfort her with another hug as she tried to not get his shirt too too wet. "Thanks Dris. And yes, I really really need a long shower." Laili mentioned with a shudder that had nothing to do with summer chill. She walked quickly through the hotel after Dris and thanked every deity she knew that she'd remembered to put her key card snug into her wallet before rushing in and grabbing the first set of pj's she saw and going directly to the shower. She could still kinda feel Matt's hands crawling their way over her and she needed that feeling gone yesterday.

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:06 am
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milo & Wyatt
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Telling tales
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I really hate lying

Dris walked Laili to her bedroom, noting her shudder about needing a shower. He supposed if he were in her shoes, he'd want to shower and never come out. "Alright, you go shower and I'll face the dads. They're probably still freaking out. Here's my backup key card, just come into my room if you need me." He pat her shoulder and waited until she got into her room before he sighed. The male turned and knocked on the door to their parents' room. Once he was allowed in, Dris stepped inside, hands in his pockets. "Hey guys. I found Laili. She was-" His words were sharply cut off by Milo, who interjected with, "You found her!!! Where?! Where is she?!!?" Dris leaned against the wall casually, waiting until Milo was done, before speaking again. "She was in the ladies' room in the lobby. Apparently Rocko's didn't sit well in her belly. She tried to go for a little walk, but ended up rushing there to sick. She's in her room now showering, and tonight I'll stay with her and make sure she doesn't get sick anymore. I think it's just food poisoning, though."

Milo took a second, processing his son's words. She wasn't feeling well? He looked over at Wyatt, then took a deep breath. "I feel so bad we didn't think to send anyone in to see if she was there. I'm sure the receptionist would have at least peeked in to see.... but... you said she was taking a shower? Good. That'll help her feel better. And we can go get her some soup and crackers to help settle her belly. Poor dear is probably starving! She didn't even go out for dinner!" He looked worried, but Dris just cracked a grin. Good ol' Milo, more worried about food than suspecting anything wrong. It helped that Dris didn't often lie, which made him feel a bit guilty. He hated lying, but at least this time it had reasons way bigger than the lie. And if he got caught, he'd take the fall for protecting his sister. Surely they'd understand... right?

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:05 pm
When the morning comes

.¸¸.•´´¯`•Laili didn't hear Dris leave or rather she didn't pay attention to it since she had turned the shower on it's highest setting possible and at a temperature just below boiling. She'd read somewhere that skin sheds on a daily basis and that new skin could take as little as a week and a half but she wanted to speed up that process a little. Grabbing her loofah she went to town scrubbing every inch of herself that stepped foot into that stupid bar, sat on that stupid stool, and was remotely even looked at by stupid, gross, disgusting, perverted Matt. The peppermint smell of her bodywash and the heat of the shower definitely helped in gaining back a few of her mental faculties that she'd lost from all the drinking but she could still feel a bit of a buzz going through her mind.

She stepped out and got dressed in a pair of Snoopy pajamas that her Papa Milo had given to her that she'd felt were way too childish to be given to a teenager but anything was better than before. Besides, it hadn't stopped her from packing them now did it? Laili also took a while to scrub and brush at her teeth to get rid of the taste of all the alcohol and of course those horrendous wet kisses. She bet Penny wouldn't kiss like a blind octopus. A shock went through her and she stared at her reflection wondering where the actual heck had that thought come from?! Nope. Nopenope no nope no! She was not going to think about this right now. Later maybe (never) but not right now!

When she felt that this was a close to back to normal as she would feel for the night, she left the bathroom and her room to go to her fathers' finding Dris already there having probably told them the cover story. It probably helped that her stomach was now revolting from everything that had happened to help it along. "I'm sorry I scared everyone. I just, really wasn't feeling well." Laili said softly not looking them in the eyes. She was sure if she did they could tell she was lying.

Wyatt however took it to mean that she was ashamed by her actions and went over to her to tuck her into his chest. "No sweetie, you're ok. It's my fault for dragging you to that place for you to get the food poisoning anyway. You were probably trying to hold it in to not make me feel bad, right?" He felt awful that his daughter had gotten so sick off a restaurant he'd dragged his family to. Especially one he'd raved about! Laili hugged him back tightly mumbling into his shirt that it wasn't his fault at all, if only he knew how true that was.

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milo, Wyatt, and Laili
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Group Hug
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? I really hate lying

Dris looked up when Laili walked in, looking as ill as he'd made it out to seem. He still felt horrible for lying, but he knew it needed to be done. Laili absolutely did not need to be scolded for going to a random bar. He cast her a look when she started speaking, biting his inner lip as he heard how upset her tone still sounded. He had genuinely hoped showering would help. Maybe she needed more to vent and sleep, then. Wyatt hurried over and wrapped Laili in a big hug. Dris heard the guilt in his voice and he had to look away for a second.

Milo stepped over as well, pulling Dris in for a hug with the other two. Milo had always loved family hugs. "Lili bug, we're not mad at you! Though... next time we'll make sure and take you with us. Or leave one of us with you! Or... something! I just feel so bad you were sick and we had no idea!" He dramatically wiped away a tear, before pressing a kiss to the top of Laili's head. Dris had no doubt he'd get Milo-smooches if he weren't nearly a foot taller than his papa. "Your brother said he offered to watch movies with you tonight! That'll be wonderful. A nice way to bond. And we can get you something gentle to eat, then Wy and I can maybe go out. Or we can stay with you if you'd rather. It's really up to you!" Dris rolled his eyes, then gently broke free of Milo's grip. "Don't worry. We can go to the little cafe in the hotel if we get hungry. And please, enjoy your night. There's a movie marathon I know Laili was wanting to catch, so we'll just hang out. Don't worry, I've got this under control." He did his best to make his voice sound like it belonged to a confident adult, even though he was pretty sure his parents still saw him as a goofy child. He was plenty old enough to babysit, and even if not, Laili was old enough she didn't need a babysitter. Hell, he had his own job and had a reasonable life plan. Surely they'd trust him to stay with his own sister for a night.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:35 pm
When the morning comes

.¸¸.•´´¯`•If Laili thought she couldn't feel worse she had seriously misjudged or just not taken into account how much guilt Milo could accidentally tack on. She gave a weak smile at his dramatics and felt her stomach drop low to the bottoms of her feet at the kiss to the top of her head. She didn't deserve this, not after everything she'd done and put them all through tonight. But then at this point she'd just be getting Dris in more trouble that it was worth. She pulled away awkwardly and tried to hide it with a fake yawn and sheepish grin. At hearing about her parents deciding whether to go out together or stay with her she blanched until Dris, again, came to her rescue encouraging them to go out and saying there was a marathon she wanted to catch which she quickly nodded along to. "Ye-yeah. Thaney warned me going across a pond was still no excuse to not watch, his quote, 'the best Star Trek marathon in nearly a decade.'" Laili said with a chuckle. Her uncle had actually told her this and she had merely laughed it off but now she was sorta glad for his waspish demeanor. Wyatt looked over her critically, and of course snorting at Thane's usual happy words, to see if she was really alright. "Are you sure? We can do another family sleepover like when you were little? Barring all the slobbering dogs of course." he remarked with a smirk. Laili merely giggled shaking her head again. "No, I'm really ok with just Dris. You two should go out and do whatever gross old married people do." she said with a teasing grin.

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind

Miss GryffindorK

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Milo, Wyatt, and Laili
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Group Hug
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? This worked better than expected

Dris watched Laili pull out of the cuddlesome family embrace. The youngest Abrams still looked uncomfortable and upset. Hopefully they could just keep blaming it on her not feeling well. After he'd offered to watch the girl while their fathers went out, Laili quickly agreed, telling them Thane needed them to go see Star Trek. Secretly, Dris was delighted he wouldn't have to geek out with his parents. Wyatt mentioned family sleepovers, and Dris wanted to point out they'd sort of outgrown them. Luckily, he didn't have to say a word, as Laili quickly assured the adults they'd be fine. "What she said. It's your anniversary we're celebrating too. Well, one of the nights has to be just for gross couple stuff. We'll be fine. It's not like either of us wants to watch your smooch-fest anyway." He chuckled, knowing at least that part was absolutely true. Milo laughed his hearty, barking laugh, then spoke himself. "Well, alright. You two've convinced me. Just make sure you don't leave the hotel! I don't want you two wandering the streets this late at night, heavens knows what all trouble is out there! And if you need us, call. I'll leave the cell on, just really quiet. Oh, I love you both! But, Wy, if we're gonna make the start of the movie, we really do need to be going. Who knows how long it'll take to get a cabby?"

Dris chuckled, glad Milo and Wyatt seemed to think they were responsible enough to manage a night in. Even if Milo's words hit a little close to the truth. The brunette glanced over at his sister, hoping she wouldn't crack now. "Milo's right. You two have a great night. We'll just get some snacks from the little store in the lobby, watch some movies, and hang out. Just like the good ol' days. We'll be good, don't worry." He grunted as Milo pulled him in for a way-to-tight hug, but relented and hugged the man back, before squirming out of his grasp as Milo moved to hug Laili too.

Yukina101

The Whole Wide World

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers