Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Getting Lost in the Records (Ash'il and Rhys)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:25 pm
Ash'il had pulled out one of the scrolls about Threadfall in the past, so he could look over what was done during it. He wanted to be prepared for anything, not wanting to have another accident like he had when a gold had had to catch him. He knows he and Iptoneth are lucky to be alive after that one, same for his mother and her green. So the young man was not going to leave anything to change, not again, if he could help it. That was why he had been going over every record he could of the past, to learn from those who came before.

Ash'ilMine, I think you need to get some fresh air. You have been in there all morning, I think you should take a break. Go visit with your sisters, brothers, or parents,Iptoneth thought to his rider with a sigh.

I am not going to have you getting hurt again, Iptoneth. So if I can learn anything from before, I am going to do it. Though I guess maybe I should take a little break, before Mom comes down to kick my behind,Ash'il thought back.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:39 am
He'd run out of records in the weyr. Honestly, that was often the reason that Rhys ended up venturing out beyond his candidate duties, taking the time to carry large bulks of records back to the room, and putting them carefully away, only to take more. The boy knew well that with threadfall, and the state the weyr was in, there would be clutches to come, and he wanted to look back over how the clutch had been when the star had first brought Thread back in to their skies. His nose had a smudge of ink against pale skin, and honestly? He didn't even know Ash'il when he first walked in.

The records in front of his face were piled too high.

He put things away with a sure hand, quick to tuck one after the other back where they belonged, and he was JUST nearing the record he needed when... "Oh! By Faranth, I'm sorry. I didn't realize anyone else was in here...." His smile was awkward, but sweet on his soft, fair face, "Hello, please forgive me for intruding. I'm just here to check some things."

Dea and #Teddy#

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:05 am
Ash'il had been looking over which scroll to take with him for some 'light' reading, when he heard someone near by. It was hard to tell who it was, with all those records in the other's hands, at least initially. As the other worked on putting them away and finally took notice of him, he allowed a smile to come to his face. It was one of the candidates, he knew that because of his sister who had just become an assistant to the candidatemaster.

"At ease, Candidate Rhys, I was kind of quiet while I was working in here. I see I am not the only one who tends to get lost in the records. You weren't intruding at all, feel free to continue what you were doing. I am Ash'il of Bronze Iptoneth,"he introduced himself. He made it a point to know everyone he could in the weyr, no matter who they were. One never knew when such knowledge would come in handy or how he might help someone else.

He is as bad as you are, Mine. From what I am getting from you, that is a lot of records in his hands. Hopefully he knows how to have fun better than you do,Iptoneth poked at his rider teasingly.

Oh hush, maybe the young man likes reading, there is nothing wrong with that. A lot of information can be gotten out of these records. And for your information, I know how to have fun,Ash'il replied back to his dragon with a mental huff, causing a laugh to ripple in his mind.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:40 am
"I know!" When Ash'il introduced himself, Rhys couldn't help but offer a smile, eyes glimmering in delight. He prided himself on being able to keep up with the affairs of the weyr, which included knowing who was who! Ah, but that probably sounded odd coming from a young Candidate, "...Sorry. I read a lot, and with Olliah having taken myself and my twin sister in, I take pride in keeping tabs on what's going on around the weyr." He wasn't a gossip! No, nothing of the sort. Just studious, and a bit anxious around people. Gently pulling a Threadfall record from the piles, he studied the other for a moment. It took a second before Rhys was confident enough to speak again, shifting on a foot, "...What brings you down here?"

Dea and #Teddy#

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:25 am
Ash'il raised an eyebrow a little when Rhys spoke about knowing already who he was. However, as soon as the young man began explaining, the smile on his face widened. Well now, it seemed he wasn't the only one who liked knowing what was going on around the Weyr. He couldn't really blame him, when he was a candidate, he used to want to learn everything he could. He knew he couldn't know everything, but he tried to at least. Would definitely explain why the other was in the records room, probably getting more knowledge about things too. When asked why he was in here himself, he thought about how best to explain it.

"Don't worry, I read a lot too, my mother hates when I spend so much time in here. However, I like to know things about my home, I have ever since I was little. As for me, I was looking through records of Threadfall, seeing what I could learn. My dragon and I had a bit of an accident during the last one, I want to try to avoid a repeat of it,"he replied.

I still say it could have happened to anyone, Mine. In fact, we weren't the only bronze rider that fell that day either. And see, I told you the boy reminded me of someone I know,Iptoneth pointed out in his mind.

I know there was, but I still want to keep it from happening again. And you are just..I don't know what right now,Ash'il answered his dragon, giving a wry mental shake of his head.

MaraRune

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff