Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:14 pm
Welcome to the Forge ORP! This RP is held in the main grounds of the Forge. Here, you may interact with other questers or the Forgemaster himself!

Rules
  • As always, respect your fellow RPers.
  • If you're interacting with someone, quote them so they can respond!
  • If you're interacting with the Forgemaster, quote me!
  • Keep an eye out for special games to earn bonus coins!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:34 pm
Godric had been used to being alone for days - a few times weeks - at a time. However, recently his business had been booming. Soquili were coming from far and wide, of all shapes and sizes, to trade for his wares and perform tasks for him. While it was nice to have company for once, it was a little overwhelming, meeting so many new faces at once.

Still, he put on his best smile and made sure everyone was comfortable while they stayed. The fermented fruit juice was plentiful - he didn't much drink it himself - and food was provided. Some, he got to know their story and others simply passed through like the wind.

His camp had become a lively place and in turn it had breathed some life into his old bones.

Note: Will upload official WIP of Godric "The Forgemaster" at a later time (have to run to the store).  

LOLTERGEIST

Crew

A Knife

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:32 am
LOLTERGEIST

User Image

Maelstrom of Storm's End had heard about the forgemaster named Godric. His fame was beginning to spread far and wide to every corner of the soquili lands. She had left as soon as she could manage from the herd she'd lived on the outskirts of her whole life. She had little to bring with her, mostly only a few scattered tidbits as to who had fathered her. He'd been warrior, her mother had said. A king among men, powerful as an ox. Her mother said she got her father's strength, his broad face. She ha also gotten his love for fighting. For her battle was a lust barely satiated in the little brawls she did for shows.

She'd decided to come here and do actual heroic quests. With the coin she earned, she'd be able to buy armor and a weapon. She was eager to try various ones to see which one fit her style more.

Slowly she approached the forgemaster, before speaking. "I'm in need of a weapon and some armor. I plan on taking on your tasks, but I'm eager to see what I'll be putting the work toward. Specificaly, the type of weapon that will work best. Do you have any suggestions?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:13 am
LOLTERGEIST

User Image

Ever since that moment the King had found his queen things seemed tenser than ever. Kiros had been overjoyed hearing the Pharoah needed a bodyguard which he obliged with a positive reply. Now, he was in a crossroads leaving his sire to battle his own demons with the one that held his heart like a sleeve. Traveling out into the night he sought solitude to better muster his objections onto himself. He was not of fault for how the royals clashed, rather it was the King who had made a haughty decision which resulted in an ongoing string of hurtful phrases.

Now, the serenity of the night guided him toward a town which murmured greater tales of a renowned Foremaster that rewarded nicely when quests were fulfilled. Deep in his mind, he breathed with a thought of prevalence in something better suited than a lover's quarrel. Kiros listened intently letting the great musings and admiration of others weave the achievements of the great Forgemaster. Standing idly in contemplation he gathered information for seeking out this grand stallion and seeking a quest or two to regain his confidence to approach his King once more. The thought also sang out like a brightness in obtaining armor to protect his Highness as well. While yes he was fleet of foot and stealth of wing, a few additions would suit him well in the conquest of battle should it emerge unknowingly.

So, off he went traveling a night's journey, only resting when needed which soon brought him to the clearing where the mighty tent lied.

The smell of metal surrounded his senses as did many other things. There seemed to be a type of faire nestled nearby which he promised himself he'd check out later once he met the Forgemaster in person. For now, he pressed his sights upon the large tent, stopping momentarily to read the sign out front asking for great travelers and questors alike. Some requests definitely required others for death could linger positively within your shadow if you were not aware. Nodding to himself he stepped inward to meet this great Forgemaster.

"Forgemaster" he began with utmost admiration glancing upon the many sets of armor and weapons, "I am Kiros, son of Nanaki and Star Catcher, a knight for the Great Pharaoh Atemu . I've come in request of helping you with your tasks. My Pharaoh is tied in his own affairs currently so I am available for any task you may give me, sir". Looking around again at all the weapons he marveled with the deepest respect, "I will also be in need of a weapon for hooves alone can only carry strength so far. Might you perhaps have a suggestion that my King would greatly admire me for?" Bowing his head once more he awaited the Forgemaster's response his choices wide open and accepting of anything that could be offered.

Kiros WC: 481

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:10 am
LOLTERGEIST

User Image

Lunellis felt the shift in winds as easily as breathing. There was new life around here on several levels, perhaps the forge hadn't seen much in the way of energy. Poor forge. The blind herbalist let out a soft hum as he wandered around the edges. Things seemed pretty mellow out here, there wasn't too many issues with the plants. Astaris was being his usual bratty self, the serpent currently hanging upside down around the flutter hybrids middle. Lunellis wasn't really looking for a weapon for himself, though Valerius and his son Aurelius both seemed of the mindset that the herbalist should at least get himself a dagger to help in gathering herbs. "Honestly, they both worry far too much." he grumbled.

Astaris slithered up to drap along Lunellis neck. "Your kidding right? You're the one who always comes back with a story of how you met something creepy in the forest and you talked your way out of harm." the serpent sighed. "I still don't know how we manage to get out of a few of those situations alive..."

Lunellis shook his head gently, he didn't want to dislodge the serpent. "Its not that we get out alive, its that usually those beings turn out rather kind. Not everything is about looks you know."

Astaris sighed. "I know, I know...gotta pay attention to tone of voice, air currents around them...things like that. I get to see these beings and lemme tell ya...YIKES!!!" the serpent shivered before he nosed the flutter towards Godric. "Look, the Forgemaster is over there. Go ask about that dagger. For the herd's sake please?!?"

Lunellis sighed as he slowly made his way to the Forgemaster. Hearing two other voices near the stallion, Lunellis stopped to let them talk in turn. He stayed silent out of respect for not overwhelming the poor Forgemaster. Astaris coiled around his neck looked to the two other Soquili's with interest. Lunellis felt that Astaris was starting to slowly slip off his neck, the flutter lowered his head to grab a tail with his teeth. The promptly swung the serpent back on to his back.

Astaris let out a shocked hiss, like steam escaping a teapot. "Oi!" he hissed to his bonded. "What was that for?!?"

Lunellis muttered back, as to not disturb the talking parties in front of them. "I know you and your pranks...don't try anything while we're not sure of friendliness."

Astaris' jaw dropped, the familiar caught his voice before it rose to disturb. He knew that would really earn him a trip into the herbalists bag that had lemon grass in it. "You just reminded me about the things you sense for...what are your senses telling you?!?"

Lunellis sighed softly. Gently nosing the serpent as if a parent were chastising their foal. "Its not right to use that senses on those who aren't addressing me directly, Astaris. Unless there was arguing happening. I don't try to pry in that manner."

Astaris grumbled his wings folding along his body as he did so, Lunellis just chuckled at his words. "I just had to pick the polite one..."

WC :: 519  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:31 pm
User Image

Ruada made her way into the camp and looked around. It was certainly lively and the mark of those who made their living at the end of a weapon was evident. It was nice though, reminded her a lot of home although the main tent at home wasn't nearly as busy as this place was currently. She passed close to one of the cook fires and the smell of cooked tubers made her mouth water and it was tempting to linger and wait for the batch currently on the fire to come out. She shook her head though sending, pale tresses every which way. There would be time for food later. First she had to find Barristan who had come ahead of her to scout the camp and then the forge master who evidently ran it.

Well the second seemed easy enough to find. There was quite the crowd around an older looking hippogriff, so that had to be the forge master the other though...

She frowned and looked around for the violet eyed stallion, her heart speeding up a touch at the thought of him. Not that she'd admit to anything! She didn't want to make things awkward...or more awkward as the case may be.

A rush of air and sound of feathers settling and Ruada felt the weight of her hawk, Adela, on her saddle.

"Did you see him?" Ruada asked without turning her head.

"He's on the other side." the bird answered in an almost disinterested tone. The dynamic between her bonded and the stallion they were meeting had it's moments of amusement for her but today seemed to be all business and less entertaining.

"Thank you, Adela." Ruada said and picked her way to the other side of the camp easily spotting Barristan in the crowd. She carefully wove through the crowd and slid up next to him. "Quite the crowd isn't it?" she said looking up at him with a small smile.

Summer Raaven

Lady Argentum Draconis

Enduring Hunter

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:26 pm
User Image

Topper hadn't been out on an adventure in forever and by forever she meant it. Since she had been pretty content hanging around Teykali. That male that made her feel safe and comfortable. Though she loved being around him so she would never complain.

Though as of late she had heard of someone called Godric, the forgemaster. He was supposedly really powerful from what she had heard from some passersby's and he offered something called quests. Which really intrigued her to be honest. Since she had never heard of such a thing or person before.

Mainly she was curious to what a forgemaster was exactly and what kind of adventure he might offer. So she decided to take a little adventure on her own. As she put on her grass wears she had gathered from one of her other adventures. She was finally ready to go. Though she promised to come back since even if she never said it to him, she could never stay away from Teykali forever. she'd always come back.

So she adventured off into the day saying goodbye and promising to be back soon. Now she wasn't really worried about the traveling part, since had been wandering around most of her life on her own. And she did fine so figured this would be no different. She thought as she set off on a new adventure.

Before she knew it she could see what looked to be his camp in sight. She raced towards it at full speed. Her curiosity gleaming. As she got closer to where she assumed the forgemaster was she slowed down to a slow trot.

"hello? Forgemaster? I'm Topper, and I'm here to try out a task or two." She said kindly.

Word count: 290
LOLTERGEIST

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It was finally Suramar's day off and he was going to enjoy it by seeing the sights. Usually he was one to be entertaining the masses but for now he was going to have his moment in the sun... as an observer instead of a performer. He wandered into the Forge area and admired the armors. Suramar was always interested in the metal working, it was perfect for his reenactments though his had to be specially fitted so that it didn't interfere with his smoky look. The stallion was considering buying a new sword, his current one just wasn't keeping the special gleam he preferred when fighting; it had definitely seen better days. Still, he had to make sure it had the correct colours or his group leader would not let him wear it out in public. Maybe he could talk the Forgemaster into crafting a custom one. For a moment he wondered how much that might run him... The last time he spend gold on his armor it had been much more than he expected!

Coming out of his musings he realized he had been standing there looking at the same piece of armor for the past five minutes. With a quick peek around to see if anyone had noticed, Suramar turned to the closest person and stated in a deep, rich voice, "Quite some delicate qualities these weapons have, don't they?"

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

HoneyTeaTree

Anxious Goat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:22 pm
User Image User Image

Gunnar had never seen the Forge so bustling with business before. As someone who had been raised in the area, he was quite familiar with the Forge and the stern master that ran it. Though, the more he thought on the matter, he came to the realization that it was most likely the Faire that had directed such a large influx of traffic to the Forgemaster and his wares. Godric was certainly a capable smith and it was nice seeing his hard work and efforts appreciated by more than the regular few who perused his wares.

Gunnar strolled about the Forge, listening to the constant chatter of the visiting soquili and carefully dodging those few that seemed oblivious to the world around him. Laventelli, an rather sophisticated otter he had somehow managed to pick up as a travelling companion for the time being, was quick on the uptake, darting in and out of the footpaths of the many soquili that stood outside the Forge and were partaking in the food and drink that the Forgemaster had so kindly provided them with.

Normally he would be quite interested in the job board that the Forgemaster updated every so often, more than willing to prove his mettle and earn some coin in the process. The stallion sighed wistfully, blowing a stray stand of his mane away from his face. One day, one day he would have enough coin to purchase a suitable weapon for himself. He was so close to having enough coin, so close. For now, though, all he wanted to do was enjoy the festivities and mingle with the many new faces he had never before seen. Certainly some of the attendees would be able to regale him with many an interesting tale. Gunnar had always been partial to tales of wit and cunning, especially since he often refrained from violence if he saw a way for brains to be the prevailing way out of a situation over brawn.

Gunnar spotted a blue unicorn with delicate looking wings and decided he seemed like an interesting fellow. The snake accompanying him also piqued his interests, as it was a bright snake with coloration he had never before seen.

Laventelli, as always, remained a creature of few words, preferring to clean and preen himself to keep his coat looking as immaculate as always. The stallion still wasn't sure why the otter had decided to stick around, but he figured he would just wait the situation out and see where it went.

"Hello, friends," called out Gunnar to the stallion and his snake companion. He was cheerful as always, a friend to anyone and everyone who Gunnar had no reason to distrust. Though he was sure there were some less than savory character at the Forge on this day, he wasn't going to be a spoilsport and ruin the nice time everyone was having. Plus, if any fights broke out, he was sure Godric would be able to handle it.

Laventelli stood idly beside Gunnar, paying the snake little or the stallion before them little attention. He busied himself with tending to his appearance, a soft hum escaping him as he ran his paws over his light lavender fur. Not a single spot of fur could be out of place. "Will we be here long, Gunnar?" The otter had little care if he offended the party before him. He had his own priorities and while he didn't mind taking a break in their travels, Laventelli was hoping they didn't waste too much time here. "You should focus on arming yourself if your aim was to procure yourself a weapon."

"Hush, Laventelli." Gunnar sighed heavily, an exhausted tone taking to his voice. "Apologies, don't mind Laventelli. He means well, I promise." He tried to direct the focus of the night-sky stallion and his snake companion elsewhere now that Laventelli had ruined any chances of not getting off on the wrong hoof. "Are you both here to collect coin with Godric's tasks?"

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:34 pm

Widdershins had no use for armor and weapons. He wasn't a fighter -- but he was a haggler, and was always looking to pick up wares for cheap that he could resell and a significantly higher markup. So when he heard of a stallion who was paying gold for jobs and selling his personally crafted wares, he saw an opportunity to get a few unique pieces to add to his collection when he moved his caravan to a new location. The gear was well made, that was certain. The Forgemaster -- or Godric, as he seemed to be called -- was skilled at his craft. That was a bade sign -- they would likely be expensive. Widdershins was good at selling knock-off goods for exuberant prices, but these items wouldn't net him a very good profit if the Forgemaster wasn't willing to haggle. He leaned in a little closer to examine a piece of shoulder armor with a frown, eyeing up the piece, and was pulled out of his thoughts when the stallion next to him made a comment about the craftsmanship of the weapons.

Was he talking to him? There was no one else nearby, so he must be. He gave the stallion his most charming smile. "Indeed, they seem like intricate pieces. I certainly hope that their beauty wasn't in sacrifice of their quality. I've heard the Forgemaster is skilled, but I've yet to confirm that for myself."

Krall nodded beside him. "We should check the balance, check how secure the hilt and the blade are..." he trailed off, flapping his wings to flutter a little closer to the display of blades. He cocked his head this way and that, but couldn't see any flaws visually.

Widdershins agreed. He smiled at the stallion again and then turned his attention to the Forgemaster, calling out to him. "Good sir! May we take a closer look at your wares? My new friend here and I were just admiring your handiwork. I'm curious to test out the quality of your wares myself."

Malis Vitterfolk

LOLTERGEIST

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

SwordOfTheDarkOnes

Kawaii Punching Bag

21,775 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:33 pm
HoneyTeaTree

There was a moment that Lunellis nearly thought the new voice wasn't directed at him. The night sky flutter turned his head the opposite way before Astaris turned it towards the newcomer. "Ah...sorry." he turned his body more to face the voice. "I'm unable to view you properly---"

"He's blind as a bat in daylight...literally." Astaris cut in with a soft hiss. Lunellis let out a snort. "What?!? I'm only saying what you like to use flowery words for!!! Your blind, end of story!" The snake's wings made a shrugging motion as if Lunellis could see him. He couldn't but he could feel the air shifting of the motion itself so close to his head. The serpent was rewarded with n** to his hide before the flutter hybrid looked back towards the voice.

"Lunellis, herbalist. The brat around my neck is Astaris---" Lunellis was cut off again as the serpent hissed.

"His assistant! And eyes for when he's unable to get a good read on someone." the blue serpent said slithering up to the stallions head to mock-bow to the two. "By the way, Lune. The stallion talking to you looks really colorful. So, you should feel warmer around him...the otter...eh. He's cute. Lavender...and...well, he's cute."

Lunellis hummed. "Its a pleasure..."

Astaris looked down to Lunellis. "Their names are Gunnar and Laventelli. We heard that much..."

Lunelli's expression was that of a frustrated stallion. "Astaris....its rude to just spout off names when they weren't given to you. Don't make me get the lemon grass." Astaris looked a few shades paler.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:11 am
Calixita
Widdershins had no use for armor and weapons. He wasn't a fighter -- but he was a haggler, and was always looking to pick up wares for cheap that he could resell and a significantly higher markup. So when he heard of a stallion who was paying gold for jobs and selling his personally crafted wares, he saw an opportunity to get a few unique pieces to add to his collection when he moved his caravan to a new location. The gear was well made, that was certain. The Forgemaster -- or Godric, as he seemed to be called -- was skilled at his craft. That was a bade sign -- they would likely be expensive. Widdershins was good at selling knock-off goods for exuberant prices, but these items wouldn't net him a very good profit if the Forgemaster wasn't willing to haggle. He leaned in a little closer to examine a piece of shoulder armor with a frown, eyeing up the piece, and was pulled out of his thoughts when the stallion next to him made a comment about the craftsmanship of the weapons.

Was he talking to him? There was no one else nearby, so he must be. He gave the stallion his most charming smile. "Indeed, they seem like intricate pieces. I certainly hope that their beauty wasn't in sacrifice of their quality. I've heard the Forgemaster is skilled, but I've yet to confirm that for myself."

Krall nodded beside him. "We should check the balance, check how secure the hilt and the blade are..." he trailed off, flapping his wings to flutter a little closer to the display of blades. He cocked his head this way and that, but couldn't see any flaws visually.

Widdershins agreed. He smiled at the stallion again and then turned his attention to the Forgemaster, calling out to him. "Good sir! May we take a closer look at your wares? My new friend here and I were just admiring your handiwork. I'm curious to test out the quality of your wares myself."

He turned to look to his left with a slight surprise "I could have sworn..." He blinked once, hadn't there been a mare standing beside him? Not that it mattered, conversaion was conversation. He turned on his normal charm and smiled. "If his reputation is anything to brag about, I have heard he is the best silversmith for miles around." The stallion nodded once, his mane billowing behind him, "A cohort of mine recommended him when I was looking for a replacement blade."
Suramar added after a few moments thought. "Of course, I ended up getting the replacement elsewhere but I always meant to come around to Godric's Forge to take a look at his wares." He gestured towards the weapon that Widdershins had picked out with a hoof. "If this is any indication, I would have to agree with my friend's statement."

LOLTERGEIST

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:00 am

Ingveldur didn't get out much. She preferred to stay close to her family, in the company of her family -- she didn't need anyone else but the herd. But word reached them about Godric's Forge and the tasks he was offering coin for, and the wares he was selling. It was enough to lure in her brother, Fáfnir, and now Ingveldur was here to quench her curiosity as well. She gravitated naturally towards an array of weapons; the steel sharp and shiny, clearly indicating the Forgemaster's talent. It was enough to tempt her into wanting to buy one for herself, and she wondered idly if her brother might have a few extra coin from the job he'd taken. If not, she could always do one of her own, if she was so inclined.

She couldn't help but overhear the mare next to her asking for weapon suggestions, curiosity getting the better of her once again as she turned to look. The mare was obviously a kalona, that much was certain. She had a sturdy build and a fierce look about her; clearly a warrior, and a powerful one at that. She'd be able to use her brute strength to take down foes alone, let alone her horns and dangerous tail. With a weapon, she'd just be even more deadly.

She seemed like she'd be forceful. All heavy blows, holding nothing back. "A mace," she said aloud, before she even realized it. "... if I may interject," she added, glancing between the mare and the Forgemaster, realizing she'd interrupted the question the mare had asked him. "It would depend on your style of fighting, of course, but... I think a mace would suit you."

Nyx Queen of Darkness

LOLTERGEIST

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:22 am
Calixita

Maelstrom turned to look at the stranger who was offering her opinion. She might have brushed it off had the mare clearly not been experienced in matters of battle. She was lithe and wirey, but she probably had a deceptive strength. She knew better than to underestimate an opponent.

"A mace?" She raised an eyebrow and looked at the heavy weapon near by. It was small but heavy, gleaming with spikes. Each of the spikes were perfectly spaced around it. She knew it's weight wouldn't bother her. It reminded her in fact of her tail, the way she used it like a heavy lash against foes. The mace would provide the same kind of effect by wielding it with her mouth.

"Have you fought often with one? I'd love to know how it feels to fight with one or even practice?" She kept an eye out in case the forgemaster found time for her amongst the barrage of buyers.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:38 am
SwordOfTheDarkOnes
HoneyTeaTree

User Image

Vanleote had not been eavesdropping but when she heard mention of lemon grass, she couldn't help but butt in. She sidled closer to the stallion and his familiar and asked, 'Do ya have some lemon grass to trade? I'm a cook and my last batch of lemon grass wasn't acidic enough for my recipe."

She felt a little rude to butt in, but she was a blunt soquili so it only bothered her for a few moments before she forgot about it. She had come to gather weapons to bring to her half-sister to study but she'd never pass up the opportunity to getting more ingredients for her cooking.

In fact, her little familiar had scampered off to a group of other familiars to work out trades. She'd already seen some fruits and vegetables that she planned on getting in a large basket to come back with her to the Flock.  
Archived

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff