[Festival 2018] The Tree Ceremony

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elawadiyi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:23 pm
User Image

((Please reply whenever you can. It will not be one at a time, so hopefully it doesn't take too long to finish everything.

You will post your lion approaching Skan Kanati. (include their full name!) He or she will need to offer something small, like a bit of hair. Skan will toss it into a pile of smoldering herbs and plants, and from the way the smoke swirls, he will determine what clan they will be. I will roll in the same post as he does this (probably a cookie-cutter post, but I will do my best to make each post unique for you), and so you will see what clan your lion goes into. If you want to rp a response to this, feel free to do so!

The dice:
1. Bird
2. Earth
3. Mantis
4. Shadow
5. Sky
6. Wolf

If you have any questions, please PM Safaia.))

Tree Applications, 2018

Roll Clan
Kantuta (Midnightglow18 ) ♥ - Shadow
Theodulus (Midnightglow18 ) ♥ - Shadow
Yiska (Hattaki) ♥ - Earth

Requested Clan
Bozkir (Seaki) - Mantis ♥
Tya (Safaia) - Sky ♥
Vahan (Safaia) - Wolf ♥

We have a couple leftovers from last year. You may have them 'join' this year if you did not already have them recerted/joined over the past year from the last ceremony. This will not count against your entries for 2018 Tree Ceremony. Any concerns, PM Safaia.
Accepted 2017 - Posted, Not Answered
Anwen (Lady Kitania) - Bird
Eschrich (AstoriaFallen) - Mantis
Onuris (Alpaca Chobi) - Roll - completed
Otieno (AstoriaFallen) - Wolf
((you are free to have them recerted to their clans if you have not already))

Accepted 2017 - Not Posted
Iðunn (Safaia) - Shadow ♥
Vincentio (Depawsit) - Sky

♥ = posted

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:02 pm
User Image

Another year, another festival. And each year, Skan felt himself fill with a sense of dread and excitement for the Tree Ceremony. New blood was something he was never going to fully agree with; he was too tied up in the old stories to ever fully move past his unease. Nothing had ever happened to the Ela'wadiyi in their home, beyond the occasional weather shift. He had let his unease ebb into a dull ache in the back of his mind, and year after year, the new faces that joined were quiet and adopted their customs rather easily. It made life peaceful.

But that sense of unease with new blood felt more...complicated this year. Usually they were flooded with ex-rogues wanting to start a new life within the pride. This year...there were only a pawful that were ready to become one with the Ela'wadiyi. Was this a sign of unrest outside their lands? He depended too much on his parents to bring back news of what was going out outside of their valley; his mother hadn't returned in some time, and Tawa'di was busy training the new nvwati of the Sky clan. If it wasn't due to unrest in the outside world...perhaps then, they had reached a point of even-ness in their numbers, and things would grow at a quieter pace than they had in years.

He couldn't say which way was better. He was not one that could see into the far future; just enough to keep his pride safe, and to help put new members into the clan that suited them best. And here he was, his small bundle of herbs beginning to smolder in front of him, his mind settling into the quiet trance that best gave him insight to each new member.

As much as he felt unease with newer members, he was always the first to welcome them as new members, and the first to offer them the seeds to plant their roots into the earth.

((you are now free to post for joining if you already applied!))  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Midnightglow18

Kawaii Bookworm

31,125 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kantuta was excited about this ceremony she felt like this was the right path for her and she was excited to learn what clan she would belong to. She walked up to Skan Kanati and then said the excitement still easy to note in her voice. "I am Kantuta." She pulled a piece of hair from her tail and gave it to him. Waiting to see what her clan would be.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Theodulus walked up to the rose-colored female and the yellow male Skan Kanati and waited his turn to find out what clan he belonged in. He thought about why he was doing this perhaps because how he was raised by his parents, perhaps because he was tired of living in the rogue lands. He took his claw and pulled some hair from his mane to give to Skan Kanati for the ceremony. He waited for the female Kantuta to finish before he said. "I am Theodulus." He wondered if he should or would need to change his name.  
Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:53 pm
Skan was not too surprised that there were a few lions who were ready to find out the next path their life would take within this pride."Welcome," he nodded to the rose coloured lioness as she approached. She seemed to be fearless in meeting him, in joining herself to this pride that took life rather differently than the outside world. It wasn't dramatically different, but he knew that the tightness of family and clan was the largest idea to transition to.

He took her offering, a bit of her fur, and let them curl and burn within the herbs. Skan read the swirlings bits of smoke that the fur released as it disappeared within the pile.

"You are to live within the Shadow clan. Welcome to your new home."

Midnightglow18

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:07 pm
The next one that approached was more quiet than the last; he seemed careful of what he was doing and saying. He clearly wanted his part in this ritual to go perfectly. Skan was a bit impressed to watch him cut some of his fur off so smoothly; one slick move and Skan had the green mane ready to burn on the pile of herbs. The scent was musky and earthy, and it was something that he rarely got to smell outside of this ceremony.

"Theodulus," he replied, tasting the strange name on his tongue. He knew that he would still pronounce names incorrectly, but he had gotten better at the different languages some names used over the years of handling this ceremony.

"Your future is with the Shadow clan. I hope you embrace your new home with an open heart, as I'm sure they will to you."

Midnightglow18

Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:08 pm
((aaaand I forgot to roll))  

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:00 pm
User Image

It had been a long time since Bozkir saw his parents. He'd left with his sister before they joined here, and it had taken a long time for him to find them. At least, longer than he would have liked. Still, he was here now, and that was what mattered.

He took a deep breath and stepped forward. Arazi twitched on his shoulders. He offered forward a lock of his own mane, tied together with a molted feather from Arazi. The two did everything together, and she'd wanted to offer something as well. The least he could do was oblige her.

"I am Bozkir, and this is my companion Arazi," He said with more confidence than he felt. He never liked going before leaders of anything for any reason. He could fight any day, but this nerve wrecking.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:08 pm
A couple reading, but in a different sense. A pair that was probably inseparable, as Skan could only guess. Even if he was wanidatsi, and part of the bird clan, he himself had never had a strong relationship with any of the avians that helped their clan.

"Hello Bozkir, Arazi," he said, offering a nod to each in turn. He accepted the offering willingly, finding it rather touching that they both had an offer for their future together. He realized upon closer inspection that the male resembled a family already in the pride...but his offering was the way to determine his best place in the pride, and not purely blood ties.

The offering burned away, smoke trails mingling as one as they soared up towards the sky above. The higher the smoke trails got, the harder it was to read, but Skan was skilled enough to see the bits and pieces of the future that each offering pulled his visions towards.

"You two are to begin your new lives within the Mantis Clan," he said with another polite nod, offering a paw to point him into the right direction.

Seaki

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Hattaki

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 pm
User ImageWhat a beautiful day the Tree Ceremony was happening! Everything would be great if such a day was indicative of good prospects and Yiska was certainly looking on the bright side of everything. It had taken some time to get to the Ela'wadiyi and every step had been worth the trip with how wonderfully this ceremony was progressing. Her rose colored eyes watched each lion before her step up and join, and her toes were fairly tapping in the dirt with excitement and nervousness despite herself. When the time came for her to step forward she did so carefully and masked her glowing joy a bit with respect as she bowed and bobbed before Skan Kanati before her. "I am Yiska." she stated as she placed the offering of coiled mane and tail fur before him. Much of her life had been spent looking forward as her tail waved at the past lovingly, so it seemed appropriate.  
Safaia rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:18 pm
Skan took a deep breath to let his muscles relax. He knew that this ceremony wouldn't last nearly as long as any of the ones in the past, but he ws an older lion now. It didn't take as long for his muscles to get tense and a bit sore from the lack of movement as he laid before his pile of herbs, the heat radiating towards his face as the smoke thinly swirled around him and up towards the sky.

The next lioness that approached was a bit different. She seemed to be like a beam of sunshine confined to a body that could barely contain it. He didn't need to look twice to realize just how boldly and bravely she must live life, taking every new day as a breath of fresh air.

"Welcome Yiska," Skan nodded to her as she approached, half-heatedly attempting to hide his grin at her infectious joy. He accepted her gift thoughtfully, allowing the coiled bits of hair to unfurl and drop across the herbs, their forms curling onto themselves as the heat overtook them. The swirls of smoke seemed to have shifted as soon as her offering began to burn away, and it was an interesting bit of patterning to read, even for one as skilled as Skan.

"You are welcome within the Ela'wadiyi's Earth clan. I hope you find your happiness here," he said with a soft, but unmasked smile.

Hattaki

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:43 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"M-mother, I'm scared."

The little adolescent was in a completely strange land. She didn't want to leave her mother's side, even if it was one of the only things Kituko had been absolutely insistent on. "I can no longer keep you safe," the adult lioness whispered to her daughter. The wings were masked at the moment, but there was no way for her to mask her solid black eyes. She kept her face down as much as she could to keep any attention low, but it was hard for the goddess to spend too much time around mortals. She had never gained complete control over her powers.

"But, why here? Why not...." Tya had no clue of any other lands, or where she could be safe. She had heard her mother mention some place with shrines that her grandmother liked, but something had happened there and it was no longer an option for a home. Somehow, this place was. But why?

Kituko sighed. She realized that the wanidatsi was possibly waiting on Tya to make her offering, to understand what it meant to lay down new roots in a home that she did not quite want. "You have an uncle here. Some cousins. Family that can keep an eye on you. I'm sure you'll be placed in the same clan. Have hope."

Tya looked perplexed. "An...uncle? You've never mentioned that..." How would she have an uncle living here? The adolescent was trying to think of what family she knew about while she slowly approached the tattooed male, rather small himself for being a full grown male. The grey lioness suddenly felt extremely awkward as she pulled out bits of her own light grey fur, along with a tiny feather of her mother's. Something to bind them together, whatever that meant. She glanced back at her mother, pale eyes nearly being swallowed by black ones.

---

Skan knew a bit about this girl's situation, and her mother. Little did she realize just how much Skan was indebted (and yet rather annoyed) to this girls' uncle, and the sacrifice he made to keep the Ela'wadiyi as close to its roots as was possible. But was she really destined to be in the same clan? Most of the time it was requested for families to stick with families, but Skan knew that was not always possible. Not always meant to be.

He did not know if the little adolescent was paying much attention, but he carried on with the task regardless. It did not matter what she said or what she felt, it was the piece of her that was offered, to burn into nothingness and return to the earth that would really point her to her true home.

"Tya. Though you seem uncertain of your place in this world at the moment, there are many things you will leave a mark on. Physically and emotionally. Your new place to start is in the Sky clan."

---

Sky? "Wait...but..." Kituko felt herself take a step towards Skan before realizing what she was doing. Why was Tya not to be in Wolf, where she had family? Kituko had been certain it would be a simple choice, but it turned out to not be the case.

What was wrong? Tya glanced between her mother and the wanidatsi, not understanding why her mother seemed concerned. The adolescent offered a quick bow of respect and thanks to the wanidatsi before rushing back to her mother. "Was...was that wrong?"

Kituko sighed. "No. Fate has something different in store for you, one that I could never see. And you couldn't, either." Her daughter had been a strong seer nearly right after she had been born, but over time they had faded into almost nothing. It was not something the goddess fully understood, but she was worried that the lack of insight to potential futures was...concerning.

"Come. Let us find the leaders for your clan, and then we will find your uncle. I should introduce you before I leave."

Tya felt her heart sink into the ground as she slowly followed after her mother, away from the wanidatsi.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Vahan had known about the Ela pride for a bit of time. He had been rather pleased in just remaining a rogue, but he also had begun to realize that he wasn't as young as he used to be. He had never really wanted to go settle in the pride his sister had chosen to live it. It seemed too static, too dull. So his mind eventually considered the Ela'wadiyi....he had to wait for the festival to fully join.

And now that that day was here, he was starting to get cold feet. He didn't know anyone here, and it was a place that he would belong to now. Not one that he could just easily walk away from if he decided it wasn't the best fit. He wasn't the type to back away from something once he finally got around to making a decision.

So he approached the wanidatsi, trying very hard to not stare at the dizzying amount of tattoos that littered his body. He was feeling rather...plain...at the moment, as he offered his sandy coloured fur to Skan.

"I am Vahan. I am looking for a place to start over, as much as one can when they're not spry and young." He took a step back, watching the spiritual leader work his strange 'magic' on Vahan's offering.

Skan realized that this lion was rather....lonely. He had some level of extended family, but didn't see them much. Perhaps he wanted to start over in these lands, and the wanidatsi knew just where he was to go.

"Your future is in the Wolf clan, Vahan."

The sandy rogue pondered on this as he turned to attempt to find some of this 'wolf clan' that he was now apart of. How strange, to finally lay down the start of a place to call home.

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Idunn gingerly stepped up towards the end of the ceremony. She...had meant to be here long ago. She knew that her half sister called this place home. After her pride had fallen apart, and her mother died, she just...wasn't sure about anything anymore. Her only friend in the world, Asta, had stuck through her side in all their trials in life.

It was quieter than when the ceremony had begun. There were still many curious eyes, but quite a few others had gone off to mingle with their new clan mates, or to see how the other ceremonies were going. The weight of Asta on her back was the only constant Idunn had in her life. At least that wouldn't change.

"H-hello," the lioness spoke softly, her claws anxiously picking at the ground in front of her. The bright sky above them made it a bit hard for her to see, and she squinted slightly as she looked out and around her, past the wanidatsi that waited before her.

"Welcome, young one," Skan replied, realizing that she was clearly having some level of second thoughts. "Are you nervous about what your future could be?"

Idunn's eyes shot back at the male before her, her breath hitching in her throat before she reminded herself to relax. "No. I know my future. Perhaps that is the source of my fear. But I am Idunn, and this is my friend Asta. My half sister lives here, one of the only family members I can find now. I want to live here," she replied quietly, her boldness fading quickly as she gave Skan the offering of fur, a smallf eather of Asta's, and a leaf she had kept from the Aka'mleli. The only remaining connection she had to her old life.

Somehow, Idunn already knew the answer wasn't one she was going to like. And Skan could tell. The lioness before him was a strong seer, perhaps even stronger than he.

"You already know," he mumbled under his breath, but he carried on with the ceremony as tradition demanded. "Idunn. You have blood here, indeed, but your roots have decided to begin within another clan. The Shadow clan is your new home to be, and with time, I believe you will find true joy here."

Idunn offered the wanidatsi a polite bow, her eyes threatening to shed tears. Why could she not be in Sky, with her half-sister? She did not understand it, but would accept it. Instead of allowing herself to cry in front of others, she hurriedly rushed off to find a place to allow her disappointment to consume her without an audience.

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games