[Festival 2018] The Cloud Ceremony

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elawadiyi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:24 pm
User Image

((How this goes is very simple. Mostly, mothers (or fathers) can announce the birth of their children. Cubs can announce themselves if you want. This is for cubs/adols that were born after the last Festival.

Post as much as you'd like; it's a very open ended rp that is geared more towards the children introducing themselves to the adults, and making friends in other clans that they won't see as often in their own clan.

Don't forget that the clans migrate often, so this is seen as a good chance to know those outside of their clan.))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:10 pm
User Image

Her mother had encouraged her to mingle with the pride while all the clans were gathered. Get to know other faces, and not only the ones within her own clan....that she was still trying to wrap her mind around. She had only ever lived with her mother before this, and now there were just so many other lions around. It was rather overwhelming.

Her silver eyes glanced around, watching some adults walk through the small gathering of younger lions, others watching their brood carefully. It made her feel a little heart broken that her mother couldn't (and wouldn't) stay here with her. Something about family issues, though Tya couldn't even begin to fathom them.

She was trying to figure out if she was brave enough to initiate any conversation with anyone around when she tripped over her won feet (as well as insecurities). "Ah...ahh!"

It was the least graceful sound she could possibly make, and she felt herself bump right into someone...and she didn't know anyone here....!

Vashtya

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 am
User Image

Achak shifted uncomfortably, although his expression was carefully neutral. He knew that he needed to get better about dealing with both his clan, and the larger pride when they gathered, but he struggled not to feel like he was constantly being started at, picked apart, judged, and found lacking. He had finally begun to feel slightly less insecure when it was just him and Tawa'di, as the deity had a certain irreverence that eventually wore down even his reticence.

He was distracted enough that he didn't even notice Tya's approach, or her stumble, until it was too late to do anything besides brace himself for the impact. As a result, he only was jostled a bit, earning her a small grunt of effort. "Are you okay?" He asked after the barest hesitation, extending a forepaw in her direction once he'd steadied himself. He hesitated a moment - she was close to his age, and her pelt was a neutral as his was bright...and he had never seen her around before this.

Realizing he hadn't introduced himself, duty came to the forefront, despite his internal discomfort in interacting with others. "My name is Achak. Achak Dikanodi, from the Sky Clan."

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:41 pm
A warm body had broken her fall, and as a girl who never spent company with anyone outside of her mother, she instantly felt her face grow hot with embarrassment. "Ah....I am sorry," she breathed, her eyes trying to look everywhere but at him. He was so bright and tattooed and his eyes were rather bold against the mask-like markings along his face.

"I am alright," Tya replied quietly. She wasn't really sure how to interact with anyone else, though she was trying to go through the tally list her mother had given her. Be polite, say your name, and make sure to not overstep your boundaries...whatever those were. "My name is Tya. I uh...just....joined," she replied quietly, her eyes wandering around before she felt the irresistible tug to look at his tattoos.

"I think I'm in Sky...my mother wandered off to find her kin," the grey lioness replied quietly. "So I am a bit lost, myself." Her eyes glanced around to others who looked about their age, not yet fully grown into adults.

Vashtya

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:12 pm
Oddly enough, the young lioness' own obvious discomfort helped put Achak a little more at ease. Shaking his head, he waved a paw, brushing off her apology. "I should have been watching better where I was going..." he murmured, even as he looked at her curiously - this was his first festival, and so while he knew that his parents had originally been rogues, it was his first time interacting with a lion who was new to the ela...even more unusual was how young she was. Although she mentioned a parent, so perhaps she had journeyed to, and joined the pride with her family?

Giving her a small smile, although even that felt awkward on his maw, he inclined his head slightly. "If that's the case, then we'll be in the same clan - we're not the largest clan, but there are at least a few others who are close to our age," he said, striving for the type of casual converstation that seemed to come so easily to others. At her comment about being lost, his eyes widened slightly. "Oh...did you need help trying to find your mother?" he asked tentatively.

Safaia
I'm so sorry for the slowwwwwwwww reply!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:26 pm
"Um...maybe. But she asked me to try to....talk to others first." Tya tried to look at him in the face, but for some reason it was just...a bit too much for her at the moment. She needed time to let her embarrassment pass. Her silver eyes glanced towards her paws, and then his paws....and back to her paws.

"She said her brother was in the Wolf clan. She's not staying, so I think she'll come say goodbye to me before she leaves," she said evenly, not letting her emotions get the better of her. She needed something to distract her fast, so she finally was brave enough to look at Achak, and not break away from it.

"Um...could you tell me about this Sky clan? I don't know what to expect, I've only ever lived with my mother."

Vashtya

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:36 pm
Her response threw him slightly off-balance, even confused. Was her mother not a member of the pride herself, then? Or was she speaking of a more short-term goodbye? Not wanting to pry, however, he just looked at her, feeling slightly awkward until she spoke again, asking for information about their clan.

He thought for a moment, then slowly spoke. "We're one of the smaller clans...and while all of the clans pass down knowledge with stories, we're known for our long memories and knowledge, especially when it comes to the history of our pride."

If it sounded like a slightly canned reply, that was probably because it was what he'd memorized; the knowledge that he was expected to have a long memory, and the wisdom to accompany it pushing him that much harder when it came to trying to learn how to be a proper nvwati.

Safaia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:17 pm
Truth be told, Tya didn't know what to expect as an answer. What did a pride do? What was she expected to do here? She didn't have a single idea what the next steps would be, but at least this nice boy was talking to her. At her. With her? Something like that.

To hear that it was something about knowledge and history...that was something that Tya could scarcely understand. She didn't even know her own family's history, but that also meant she would be fully capable of learning what history was. "Wow..." she breathed, her eyes glancing upwards towards the sky before settling back down at Achak. "That...I hope...I can do ok."

She shuffled her feet again, willing herself to relax. Tya knew that her mother trusted this place, so there was no way someone was just going to jump out and grab her. "Umm...will you introduce me to the others in your...our...clan?" It seemed obvious, but the silver adolescent did not want to make any assumptions, being the outsider here.

Vashtya

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:07 am
Feeling more than a little out of his depth, her own tentative response bolstered his confidence...shortly. "You'll b-be fine. It's not like there's some sort of test to be in the clan."

Mentally cursing the stutter he'd been unable to prevent, he attempted a smile, hoping to put her at ease. When she continued, his eyes widened slightly, a frisson of...pleased surprise shooting through him. She'll realize soon enough what I am, and that'll be the end of it. Just as quickly, his inner voice reminded him that he had never really fit in with his peers (although to be fair, he didn't know what he would do if he'd been more...included with the other cubs of the clan, with his trying to juggle everything he needed to learn).

"O-of course! I'm sure they'll make you feel welcome in no time at all!" Forcing a smile to his maw, he found himself dragging the encounter out as long as he could - perhaps it was because she didn't know what he was supposed to be - or even have a preconceived expectation that he felt he had to live up to, but regardless of the reason, it was one of the few times in memory (aside from time spent with Tawa'di, who had an irreverence that left no room, at times, for the formality he hid behind like a shield) where he hadn't felt completely buried by thoughts of how a proper future nvwati should be acting. It wasn't as if he'd been able to completely forget it (after all, it wasn't a cloak, to be taken off at will), but some of the suffocating pressure that made him struggle for words was...less.

"You mentioned your mother...did she join with you?" The words tumbled out before he could stop himself, leaving him shifting his weight awkwardly from one forepaw to the other...already second-guessing asking the question.

Safaia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:51 pm
Tya really had no idea what was making him nervous. She felt like she was the nervous one here, but she was doing her best to put on a brave face for the day. She could already feel herself wearing out, and would probably sleep like an absolute rock tonight...even without her mother's embrace.

"Thank you!" she was more terrified than excited to meet others, but she knew it was going to come. She wanted to faithfully report back to her mother that she had met others, and was doing her best to make as many friends as she could.

When the topic of her mother came up, she pinned her ears against her head and glanced down at her white forepaws. "N-no..." she said quietly. She glanced around them again, inching a bit closer to Achak. "D-do you think you can keep a secret?" she asked. She hadn't bothered to wait for him to reply before whispering in his ear. "She is a goddess; she can't stay here."

As soon as she finished her statement, she jolted her body back, cheeks flushed with embarrassment and worry that he would somehow find that fact repulsive.

Vashtya

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:06 pm
Convinced he was likely only revealing how inept he was at interacting with others, showing how ill-suited he was as a nvwati-to-be, it was only the last few months of Tawa'di's tutelage that had him persisting. When she thanked him, however, a small stirring of something unfamiliar - was it pride? He couldn't be sure, but it felt...nice.

When she leaned in close, asking if he could keep a secret, he blinked at her in surprise, hesitating a moment before he caught himself, then nodding decisively. He was supposed to be the clan's future spiritual leader - something he would never be able to do if he couldn't keep his maw shut, when needed.

Whatever he'd been expecting her to say, however...it hadn't bern that. Went to speak, but ended up merely mouthing the words, his voice refusing to work. There was no way the daughter of a goddess wouldn't find him lacking, he immediately thought, feeling glum before he forcibly turned his thoughts to how she'd told him this.

She'd told him this in confidence, looking uncomfortable doing so. "That must be difficult, having to part from your mother." He finally spoke, as always feeling like he was probably saying all the wrong words. "W...will she at least be able to come visit you from time to time?"

Safaia

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:14 pm
Tya anxiously picked at her forepaws, having the fear that he would somehow thing she was wrong push away the only sense of growing familiarity in these lands. She had been told that an uncle of her's was in Wolf, but she didn't know him. Hadn't met him. Achak was growing comfortable for her, his shy words bringing a sense of comfort.

"Y-yes," she replied quietly. "I don't know anyone but her. Except for you now, Achak." She released a breath she had been holding once he seemed ok with her, not thinking she was terrifying for having a goddess as a mother. "Um... I hope she can visit. I don't know, though. But..." She shifted ever so slightly before bobbing her head. "Hopefully."

She thought about his question for a moment longer, the potential for a solution brightening her face. "Do we have to ask for permission for her to visit? I can ask while she's seeing her brother..." Tya didn't know anything about these lands except they were supposed to be safe. Surely Achak would know the answer to her question.

Vashtya

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:22 pm
Eyes widening, the breath rushed from his lungs as they seized in surprise at the way she spoke, as if he were something other than a writing mass of shortcomings....Coughing in pleased surprise, he gave her a shy smile. "You'll get to know the others soon enough; we're a pretty...close-knit clan." he said, his tone soft. At least, the rest of them are. I seem to be the only one who doesn't really fit in...

Flattered by her attention (his first, from an attractive young lioness), he tried to squelch the pleasant...warm feeling that built in his chest. Don't get used to it, she'll change her mind soon enough. he reminded himself harshly, although the warmth refused to be completely stifled. "If she's a goddess, I'm sure she'll be able to visit from time to time - a m-mortal would have a tough time finding the clan, since we move around frequently within the pride's land, but a g...a goddess..." He shrugged, trailing off awkwardly, flushing slightly, his embarrassment at the stuttered words only somewhat hidden beneath his pelt.

"As far as I know, visitors don't require permission...we interact with rogues at the border, just with caution, after all..."

But just to be on the safe side, he'd ask Tawa'di later, to see what the elder lion thought.

Safaia

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff