Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
City of Bristol ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:25 pm
Bristol

User Image

Bristol is a city in South West England with a population of roughly 459,300 (including the surrounding county). It was considered a major English city from the 13th to the 18th centuries, before being surpassed by Birmingham, Manchester, and Liverpool during the Industrial Revolution. Many early voyages to the 'New World' originated from Bristol's harbor, and it was a leading port for slavery during the 1730s and 1740s. In the modern age Bristol's economy is based upon creative media, electronics, and aerospace. It is home to the University of Bristol and the University of the West of England, and many artistic and sporting venues. It has long been considered one of England's top tourist destinations. Natives of Bristol are called Bristolians.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:37 pm
User Image

A world that sends you reeling
                                                    From decimated dreams
                                                    Your misery and hate will kill us all
                                                    So paint it black, and take it back
                                                    Let's shout it loud and clear, defiant to the end

This wasn't Ollie's most favorite time of year. Sure gifts were nice but he had to deal more with Jarrett who was being quite insufferable. Well more so than usual. The had come back from Christmas but Ollie was still plagued by those dreams. He sure as hell didn't tell Jarrett. He was unsure how his parents would take it. Would they think something was wrong with him? Jarrett was unusually mean so maybe he was just crazy. When they arrived Ollie could feel the tension in the air he was sure Jarrett could too. As mean as he was he wasn't stupid. Call it his gut but Ollie was sure something big was going to happen and it wasn't Santa.

The gift-giving was uneventful and Ollie did his best to be happy for his gift which he was but his worries were still going strong. That night however Ollie was awoken by a loud sound. Peering out of his room he could see Jarrett peering out of his to the sound they had been so used to, their parents fighting. Jarrett signaled to follow and Ollie could tell Jarrett seemed worried. It seemed safe to follow and not get gut-punched by his brother. They both snuck outside their dad's study. Which was open but the boys were hidden enough that the two arguing adults would be too focused to see them. This fight seemed more heated than normal. Ollie wondered what started this one.

In hindsight, Ollie barely remembered what was actually said but both boys were frozen in shock when their dad dropped the bombshell. Jarrett had apparently been born the same time Mom had been secretly seeing someone else and 9 months later Jarrett had been born. Wait that meant Jarrett was a half brother then!? Ollie couldn't help but look at Jarrett. Ollie had never seen him like this. He looked…. Scared? Ollie couldn't blame him. Even Ollie was scared. But Jarrett seemed devastated. As much as he hated his brother, Jarrett didn't deserve this at all.

That wasn't the worst part of course. Soon his dad was his calm angry. Ollie knew that was bad. Their dad doubled down on the blow to Jarrett and mom by stating he wanted them out by the end of break. He didn't want some b*****d child or unfaithful Wife anymore. At this point Jarrett couldn't take it he had bolted toward a different part of the house thus causing their parents to take notice. Ollie was only for a moment the center of attention before he bolted too. He found himself in the sitting area below and across from the second-floor balcony where Jarrett ended up and their dad trailing after.

Do or die, you'll never make me
                                                              Because the world will never take my heart
                                                              You can try, you'll never break me
                                                              We wanna all, we want to play this part

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:40 pm
User Image

I wake up every evening
                                          With a big smile on my face
                                          And it never feels out of place
                                          And you're still probably working
                                          At a nine to five pace
                                          I wonder how bad that tastes

Everything was a haze, his chest hurt for some reason, but he refused to cry! Jarrett's mind was a whirlwind of emotions he did not want right now! Everything he had was just ripped from him and was told he didn't belong, that his existence was a mistake. He wasn't a mistake! He was supposed to become the head of the family now he was considered trash and was going to get thrown out as such! He couldn't stand for it! He was running on pure instinct and emotion right now and just wanted away. The last person he wanted right now decided to follow him. The man he had believed to be his father and who Jarrett would have still called dad had he not chosen to treat him like garbage he wanted thrown out.

“WHY ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME! DON'T YOU WANT ME OUT!?” Jarrett turned and near yelled with tears in his eyes.
                                                              “Look I had hoped to break it to you softer-” His father started before Jarrett interrupted
                                                              “HOW THE ******** IS GOING FROM NEXT FAMILY HEIR TO THAT b*****d CHILD WHO YOU WANT OUT GOING TO GET BROKEN TO ME SOFTLY!” Jarrett shouted. Was his father insane!?
                                                              “I'm not tossing you two to the streets! You be getting the summer home.”
                                                              “OH LIKE WE GOT GOOD MEMORIES THERE! LET'S JUST RUB SALT IN THE ******** WOUND AND BE SURROUNDED BY REMINDERS OF THE FAMILY THAT DOESN'T WANT ME? HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO TAKE THIS!?” Jarrett replied practically seeing red. Did his father really just wanna ship him off and never have to look at him again? Like some mistake he didn't want to deal with?

He could barely comprehend anything but his fury. He didn't even feel like he had control of himself right now. So when his father approached he simply reacted. “GET AWAY FROM ME!” He shouted, shoving his father away. He didn't know of course how close to the balcony they had been. He had tried to reach out and grab his dad as a reaction to someone falling but he was not nearly close enough to help and his dad fell below. Jarrett was frozen in place as his brain slowly processed what just happened.

Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
                                                              Where'd it all go wrong?
                                                              But the list goes on and on
                                                              And truth be told I miss you
                                                              And truth be told I'm lying

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:42 pm
User Image

From decimated dreams

Ollie just wanted it to stop! All this yelling needed to stop. He was scared and trying to cover his ears but it didn't help. It was like his dream but it was real this time. No shadow figures were fighting this it was Jarrett and Dad! Jarrett was justifiably angry right now. He was going to lose his home, family, and everything. Ollie didn't want that for Jarrett! He rather have a mean brother than for Jarrett to suffer like this! Ollie loved his brother! Why was the family tearing itself apart!

Ollie heard the crack of wood but was unsure if it was from the balcony railing or when their dad shattered the table some twenty or feet from Ollie. All Ollie could comprehend was the sudden realization his dad wasn't moving and there seemed to be something sticking out of his chest.Everything became hazy as Ollie's brain had trouble processing what he was seeing.

'Blood.
                                                              There is blood.
                                                              Lots of blood.
                                                              This is like my dream….
                                                              This is no dream!
                                                              Why isn't dad moving….
                                                              Dad, please move…..
                                                              Please don't be dead!'

Ollie’s mind was barely maintaining a complete coherent thought but he was able to look away from his dad when he heard mom. He looked up to the balcony. Maybe she can help? Jarrett looked as terrified as Ollie felt and seemed to just as frozen and trying to be as far from the broken balcony as possible. Why did mom have her wand out? She seemed like she was crying too. Ollie wanted to hear but his own heartbeat was deafening. She was trying to carefully approach Jarrett who had started full on crying at this point. Ollie looked at his brother. Something was wrong. There was something off about his crying. Surely he was crying from the stress right?

Ollie luckily had the worst viewing angle as Jarrett seemed to notice their mom had her wand out too. Ollie could only see Jarrett go at mom but could not see what was happening. Eventually Jarrett came into view again and looked horrified. But where was mom?
                                                              “Jarrett? W-Where's mom?” Ollie stammered. Jarrett did not respond with words but his eyes and face said so much when he looked at him. Anger, fear, sadness, but something was off, Ollie could feel it. Jarrett bolted and Ollie was alone. Maybe mom was still here?

“Mom?” Ollie called out after a bit but it was deafening quiet. Nothing but eerie quiet, save for a clock ticking, but no reply came. Ollie mustered the strength to move. Maybe mom could help dad? He followed the path to where the balcony was using the wall to hold himself up he felt on edge and had to fight to move simply because his instincts were still screaming danger. He didn't see mom until he got around the corner and was utterly horrified by what he saw.

'Mom!?
                                                              Why are you lying down!?
                                                              Your eyes are open...
                                                              Can't you see me!?
                                                              Please wake up!
                                                              Please don't be like dad….
                                                              Please don't go…'

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:44 pm
User Image

I wake up every evening
                                          With a big smile on my face
                                          And it never feels out of place
                                          And you're still probably working
                                          At a nine to five pace
                                          I wonder how bad that tastes

Jarrett was practically glued to the wall. Did dad just fall!? He could see Ollie from here and the look of shear fear on his face. He could hear Dad but he could barely hear things over the racing heartbeat in his ears. Did he just kill Dad!? That's bad! Right? Why didn't he feel the same fear he saw in Ollie? He felt oddly… free? Maybe they still could be a family? Dads the one who hated him right? He was going to toss him and mom like garbage! But now there will be no more yelling waking him at night. He wouldn't have to leave right? Dad was the problem not him! He could hardly tell if he was crying from sadness or joy or whatever anymore. He heard Mom approach. She looked scared too. He had seen her like this before but it had been with Dad. Now it was at him...He didn't mean to kill Dad! It just happened! Why did she have her wand like he was some dangerous animal! WHY MOM!

Jarrett honestly had no idea what happened! He was mad at mom and now he was over her and she was not moving! He couldn't help but look at her now lifeless eyes. Shouldn't he be sad? Was there something wrong with him!? Would it have been better if he had gotten thrown out? He scrambled back and stood back up.

“Jarrett? W-Where's mom?”

Jarrett hear a fearful Ollie. More scared that even Jarett saw. What could he say? Hey sorry I destroyed the family by existing. No he needed to get out of here. Ollie would probably tell the Aurors about Dad. Not that he could blame him? He clearly was the favored normal kid. Ollie was not stupid as much as he got called that. He simply couldn't think of what to say to the brother he had always tormented. He did the only thing he could think of. He ran. Anywhere was better than here now that he had ruined the family and his life.

Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
                                                              Where'd it all go wrong?
                                                              But the list goes on and on
                                                              And truth be told I miss you
                                                              And truth be told I'm lying

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:46 pm
User Image

From decimated dreams

It would be some time before Ollie could move from where he had collapsed in tears. Time had no meaning right now. The next thing he knew was the Nanny holding him and crying too. Had it been all night? The rest of the break was a blur, Ollie just wanted to go back to Hogwarts where he had friends who weren't dead. He hoped the Aurors liked his answers, he answered the best he could. He barely even comprehend what was happening at his parents' funerals. So many relatives apologizing for their deaths. Why were they apologizing? They weren't the reason they were dead. Jarrett was. Even so Ollie honestly didn't hate Jarrett. Sure he was angry but he felt pity for him as well. If he had been in Jarrett's place would he have he would have snapped too? It was decided that Ollie would live with his grandparents, who Ollie had to convince he was ok to go back to school. Though he was unsure he would ever be ok...

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers