Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
County of Rutland ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:32 pm
Rutland

User Image

Rutland is a county located in the East Midlands of England. It is the smallest historic county in England and the fourth smallest in the UK as a whole. Because of this, the Latin motto Multum in Parvo or "much in little" was adopted by the county council in 1950. The population is roughly 39,500 residents. At the centre of the county is Rutland Water, a large artificial reservoir that is an important nature reserve serving as an overwintering site for wildfowl and a breeding site for ospreys.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:41 pm
User Image

I x h a v e x p a s s e d x t h r o u g h x f i r e - - -
s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r
c o u n t y x o f x r u t l a n d

a l l x b y x m y s e l f
w h a t x n o w
s i n g l e

Arwen's intention had been to go on a run in an attempt to keep up with her normal workout schedule despite the disruption of the move. But, to be honest, she just really wasn't in the mood to exert that much energy. Instead, she decided a walk to the reservoir was good enough. Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail that was tucked through a baseball cap, though there was still stray curls framing her face. She sighed gently as she peered across the water, it reminded her vaguely of the beach back home. Arwen would be lying if she said she wasn't homesick, everything was a lot different in America and although there was a lot of s**t she had to deal with there, she would have preferred to deal with it rather than avoid it entirely by moving to another country. She supposed she could have found an apartment and stayed there, but she knew her father needed the support. Her brother could have managed, but Arwen was aware that her presence made it just a bit easier for everyone.

Maybe she would go back when she was more financially stable. She did just land her dream job here though, which was a tell-tale sign of sticking around awhile. Arwen crossed her arms over her chest, gently checking that her wand hadn't fallen out of the sleeve she had attached to her arm during the walk over. It wasn't always the most efficient place to put a wand, but it kept it hidden from the muggles. Though, she wasn't overly sure how they would react to a grown adult carrying around a stick. She would probably be looked over easily, but she wasn't overly sure of the rules and laws regarding magic in the United Kingdom. Although, she assumed that it was relatively similar to America and that magic should be hidden from the general public and so she would hide it until she knew one way or another for sure. It's presence, however, was comforting.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:45 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                Oliver Davis
                                                Twenty Two Years Old - Pureblood
                                                Office for the Detection and Confiscation Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects

╚══════════════════════════════════════╝

It took a while – a couple of months, actually – for Oliver to settle into his new flat. It finally felt like home. A lonely home, but home nonetheless. He didn’t think he would ever be living on his own, especially not after he and Arnie moved in together to raise their daughter – her daughter. Valeria was never his and it was stupid of him to believe she was. Part of him couldn’t imagine that he’d be so naive as to just accept that he had a daughter when his lay had slept with her last boyfriend at around the same time she got pregnant. Then again, he was what, sixteen years old? Perhaps he should have listened to his sisters and gotten that paternity test early. But he didn’t want to know. Not back then.

Oliver let out a heavy sigh as he stared out towards the ocean, taking in the moment. It was calm and finally, so was he. Although he did have a lot of built up anger and frustration, he was dealing with it. In the end, it was just his first relationship, nothing more. His first love. Ollie would always think of her that way and he loved her daughter so much – after all, none of this was Val’s fault. If anything, he felt sorry for that little girl for not having her father – biological or not – around. The wizard pulled the toque off his head with one hand and ran his fingers through his hair with the other. Damn, that’s greasy, he noted, hoping he’d remember to wash his hair tonight. A moment later, he had realized he locked eyes with a girl and quickly covered up his head with his toque once more, fumbling with it as he did so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It almost feels like it was just a dream
                                                ♫ All these memories of you and me

Rawwry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:23 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r

o l i v e r x d a v i s
w h a t x n o w
s i n g l e

Arwen had been watching the osprey interact with each other when she noticed the crunch of rocks signaling the approach of another person. She tucked a curl behind her hair, glancing up to nonchalantly take a peek at who had joined her by the water. Well, attempt. She made awkward eye contact with the man, who was now fumbling with his hat. Her cheek flushed with a slight tint of pink, she wasn't sure why she was embarrassed, they had only looked at each other. Arwen swallowed hard, figuring the only way to diffuse the uncomfortable silence that the two were in was to...break the silence. "Hi," she croaked out, her throat suddenly dry. She cleared her throat, "Nice...uh, weather we're having."

Arwen mentally winced, 'Nice weather? Seriously? Hi, welcome to Cringe 101, in today's class we're studying the classics.' she thought inwardly. She subtlety tapped her wand again, reminding herself that if she had to get out of the situation due to the embarrassment she was suffering, she had a way out. However, instead of curling up into a ball like she would have liked to, Arwen took another deep breath and said "I'm Arwen, by the way," her American accent now more prevalent. She hoped that she eased the tension slightly by introducing herself, but it was equally as reasonable to assume that she had scared away the man. 'Great way to spook the new neighbors,' Arwen chastised herself.

♚ ♚ ♚ ♚ g r a n d d a u g h t e r x o f x t h e x w i t c h e s x y o u x f a i l e d xt o x b u r n ♚ ♚ ♚

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:27 pm
User Image

Oliver Davis
                                                Office for the Detection and Confiscation Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects

By the time Oliver had finally fixed his hat and tucked away as much hair as he could, the woman greeted him. He smiled lightly, still caught off guard by their eye contact. Immediately, he noticed her accent. Obviously, she wasn’t from around here. “Yeah, not too hot out,” he responded. Sweater weather was his favourite weather. The early fall always added a crisp touch to the air. The blond found the winter too cold and the summertime too warm although he quite liked the way the sun lightened his hair every year. “Pleasure to meet you, Arwen. I’m Oliver,” he said, stepping closer to her. They were still a little too far away to shake each other’s hands, but it felt a little less awkward if they closed the distance between them to talk.

Oliver felt as though time was passing by at a much slower pace than it really was, so he spoke up again. “Mind if I ask where you’re from?” he asked, trying not to come off too creepily. Was it weird if he asked her that due to her accent? Even if she had lived in the United Kingdom for years, there was no way she was born and raised here. Or maybe Arwen was traveling and decided to visit the outskirts of London. Either way, he was curious about her.

Rawwry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:05 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r

o l i v e r x d a v i s
w h a t x n o w
s i n g l e

Arwen nodded to his comment on the weather, she agreed. Her sweater had done enough to retain her body heat, even with the running shorts she was wearing. "Nice to meet you, Oliver," she grinned slightly, committing the name to memory. Noticing the slight step Oliver had taken toward her, she reciprocated, feeling less uneasy than before. It was always a little unsettling to be approached when you are on your own, but the fact that he seemed friendly enough placated those worries.

"I'm from Salem, Massachusetts. My family and I just moved here," Arwen admitted, she wasn't surprised by the question. It was probably the easiest thing to pick up on, her accent usually made her stick out like a sore thumb. "Are you from around here?" she asked, she hadn't really perfected the skill of deciphering between accents and where they hailed from. She could probably separate Irish from English...maybe. Arwen knew there was differences, like there was in the United States. She spoke more like a northerner than anything else, but knew people from the "Deep South" who had much twangier accents and people from further north who spoke very quickly. She liked to think she had met a good middle ground, but, of course, in the United Kingdom it didn't matter much, everyone knew she wasn't from around here as soon as she opened her mouth.

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:58 am
User Image

Oliver Davis

When he learned that Arwen was from Salem, more questions has popped into his mind. Something about her intrigued him, but he couldn’t pinpoint exactly what it was. Maybe it was her background, perhaps it was the way she spoke, or even just the vibe she was giving off. Regardless, he wanted to speak with her some more. Oliver was not in any hurry and he hoped that neither was she. “Welcome,” he said, grinning. “How do you like England so far?” Part of him wanted to ask why she left America, but that might have been a little too personal. After all, he barely knew the woman.

Oliver nodded in response to her question. “Born and raised in London although I have moved around a couple of times.” The blond went from living with his mother and father to living with his sisters, living with his girlfriend before finally, living on his own. But he wasn’t about to get into too many details about all of that, especially the latter part. It was still too painful to think about. “Have you had much of a chance to explore?” he asked, flipping the topic back to her. It wasn’t because he didn’t want to talk about himself, but moreso because he found his life to have been a lot more boring than hers. Except for the whole magic part. That was never boring. Unfortunately, that was also very rarely a topic appropriate to discuss with muggles.

Rawwry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:55 am
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r

o l i v e r x d a v i s
w h a t x n o w
s i n g l e

Arwen smiled at his welcoming words, though she wasn't entirely sure he would feel the same if he found out that she had magical abilities. Sure, society was becoming more open-minded, but it was hard to forget all of the warnings her great-grandparents and grandparents had drilled into her head. All of the Bradbury's had been raised to hide their magic for as long as they could, just in case they were around an untrustworthy crowd, magical and otherwise. Her ancestors had once been sold out by other witches who were looking only to protect themselves and ever since then, they had been a secretive and protective sort. When asked about her feelings toward England, she thought for a moment. She hadn't done much reflecting on her feelings, that was actually the main reason she had come to the water anyway. "It's been nice so far. I've had a bit of culture shock, y'know. Not a lot of neighborhood barbecues filled with burgers and hotdogs, so far. It's probably healthier that way," she joked. In all seriousness, she did miss the socialization, but not so much the drunk family members and neighbors making raunchy and relatively inappropriate jokes every Saturday.

"That sounds cool, though. Living in a big city. I'm sure it would be nice if food could always be delivered to your house," Arwen said, "We were always just a bit out of the way," she added as a second thought, figuring it might be a bit weird to comment on food delivery of all things. In her defense, it was one of her bigger worries while she was in America. Well, that is, until her mother disappeared. But before that, her life was good. "I've been to..." she hesitated. Admittedly, she had only been to Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade since she had moved to England, both of which were predominantly magical areas, she wasn't even sure if muggles knew of either place. "I've been to a little part of downtown London, but I didn't really stay long. Just went looking for some furniture," Arwen tried to cover her slip up. It wasn't entirely wrong, she did go into Diagon Alley looking for decor, just...not normal decor. "I keep meaning to just take a few days and just go, you know?"

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:58 pm
User Image

Oliver Davis

Oliver grinned all while raising an eyebrow when Arwen mentioned the barbecues with hotdogs and burgers. He knew the stereotypical American existed, but was it really that big of a change between the United States and the United Kingdom when it came to the citizens? Although the blond tried his best to hold in a laugh, a chuckle escaped a little harder than it should have when the brunette joked that the non-barbecue lifestyle was healthier. “I’d imagine it would be,” he half joked in agreement before continuing with, “But it doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy the occasional burger and chips. And we can make ‘em better than the Americans.” Oliver winked as the last word rolled off his tongue, testing out Arwen’s sense of humour.

Oliver shrugged. He supposed living in a big city was cool, mostly because he could always find something to do. Not so much because of being able to receive food – even though eating is very important in survival. “Everyone’s consistently busy with their lives in big cities. The suburbs are better for living in the moment. But then again, a lot of other countries in Europe are better than any suburb out here when it comes to living a relaxed lifestyle,” he commented. Many who haven’t traveled much have heard about how laid back Greece, Italy, and Spain were – Ollie was lucky enough to have seen a couple of them for himself. Apparating was much cheaper than purchasing a plane ticket. The wizard snorted when Arwen mentioned that she had been furniture hunting. It was all much too relatable – after all, he had purchased all new furniture when he found a new place to live only a few months ago. “Downtown would probably be the best for that stuff – there are a lot of shops all along the same strip. And they all compete with each other, so sometimes, you can get some pretty sweet deals,” he advised.

Rawwry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:30 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r

o l i v e r x d a v i s
w h a t x n o w
s i n g l e

Arwen gave a toothy grin when Oliver laughed at her joke, at least he had a sense of humor, it was easier to laugh off her lack of information that way. "Oh-ho, we'll have to see about that," she retorted light-heartedly. If her grandfather had overheard that comment, he would have demanded a cook-off right then and there, luckily for her, he was on another continent. Besides, the burger at The Three Broomsticks wasn't too bad, it wasn't the family recipe, but it was certainly better than some of the many burgers she had eaten in her lifetime. The "Bradbury Burger" was certainly one of her favorites, though. "Anything else here better than in America?" she asked, "Y'know, other than portion control?" Arwen grinned again, she was genuinely curious, but couldn't help but add to the joke.

She listened as he spoke about "living in the moment" and nodded. She supposed that was true, she hadn't really thought about it like that. Arwen was accustomed to living in a small town and going to Salem Witches Institute made the population she had access to even smaller, so everyone knew everything and would talk about it until the next big scandal would come up. "Did you travel a lot?" Arwen asked, "I've been to a few countries, mostly Greece and Italy, we used to vacation a lot when I was younger, but that kind of slowed down a bit when there were more pressing matters to deal with." She shrugged, the family's needs shifted from leisure to survival, and that meant traveling time was severely cut down. "I'll have to go again sometime and spend a bit more time there. There's a few rooms that still feel kind of empty," Arwen admitted, although she did prefer the "cluttered" aesthetic. "Have any shops I should look out for?"

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:33 pm
User Image

Oliver Davis

Oliver continued to laugh along with Arwen and before long, he had already forgotten about their awkward encounter. “Guess we will,” he agreed. A part of him wanted to ask her out – not like a date or anything! Just to go grab a burger and maybe a drink. Was that considered a date? Maybe only if she wanted it to be. The blond shook the thought from his head and laughed again. Hey, this girl was funny! “Ever tried black pudding?” he asked. “Before you get too excited, it isn’t pudding.” Onions, pork fat, oatmeal, and blood all mixed together into a sausage sure sounded a lot grosser than it tasted, but it was a wonderful source of protein. “Or Cullen skink?” he asked, suggesting another dish in case she’d be too disgusted with the black pudding.

Oliver shrugged. “I’ve traveled a bit – might as well when so many different countries are right next door.” Or right across the North Sea. Same difference. “I began traveling a bit late. Didn’t really do much exploring when I was younger,” he explained. While living with his parents, they never really went anywhere. In fact, he hadn’t really discovered his sense of adventure in terms of visiting other places until he traveled around with Arnie. God, he needed to get over her. Maybe he should just ask Arwen out (as friends). “What about you?” he asked. As she went into details about her travels, he debated just asking her then. “You should take a look through Furniture Village. They have a ton to choose from,” he suggested. “If you want,” he began slowly, scratching the back of his neck, “I can come and keep you company. We can make a day of it and grab some traditional, English cuisine.” After having an internal debate, he asked her out. Sort of.

Rawwry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:38 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r

o l i v e r x d a v i s
w h a t x n o w
s i n g l e

Arwen gently bit her lip to keep herself from smiling again, had he just agreed to at least hang out with her again? Maybe she wouldn't be as friendless as she had worried previously. "Honestly, the name alone might be enough to scare me off," she said in reference to the black pudding, "I think I've heard of it...but I don't really know what it is," Arwen confessed, maybe she wasn't as cultured as she thought she was. "Isn't a skink...like, a lizard?" She asked, she figured that question was better than asking if a Cullen was a vampire. And how did they manage to not only catch, kill and eat a sparkly vampire? That seemed more risky than the reward was worth. "Honestly, I think the weirdest thing I've ever tried would be like...gator or frog, maybe?" She wasn't overly sure if those were even considered that strange, but they were strange enough for her to have to not think about it when she was eating them.

Arwen nodded, she supposed traveling would be a bit easier now that she was in Europe. Being a cursebreaker would also help too, as it was common for most of them to work in other countries. Ambrose liked to tease her and call her the "magical Lara Craft" or sometimes he would refer to her just as "Indy", referencing one of her more favorite old movies. It always made her smile, they were kind of her idols, even though she wouldn't admit it. And their adventures weren't very accurate. "Furniture Village, got it," she murmured, repeating it as to not forget the information. Though, as Oliver continued, she could feel the heat rise to her cheeks, the pink becoming more prominent. "That could be fun," she grinned at him, "I think I'd like that." Arwen had to admit, she did feel like a school girl and probably would've called one of her friends to tell them about it if she were back home. But, she was a grown-up now, an adult in the eyes of most governments, so she would just have to pull herself together. For now. "Maybe I could invite you to a real-life American barbecue sometime...just in England and not America," Arwen shrugged, it was the least she could do and the only thing she could think of to say. She really didn't want the conversation to end.

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:17 pm
User Image

Oliver Davis

Oliver chuckled. Black pudding scared off a lot of people, especially those who weren’t from the United Kingdom. “It’s a sausage – I promise it tastes better than it sounds.” He wasn’t going to force Arwen to try it if she really did not want to, but he might double doggy dare her to. A louder laugh escaped from the blond. “It isn’t made from lizard,” he reassured in between breaths. “It’s a soup made of smoked haddock, potatoes, and onions,” he continued once he had stopped laughing. “This is a normal dish – no gators or frogs, either – which, how do they taste, anyway?” Oliver never really ate weird dishes. Although some European countries ate frogs, the blond had never tried them and he wasn’t so sure he wanted to. As far as eating alligators, he figured it was just another bizarre thing Americans did. It probably originated in Florida – they had a ton of alligators, didn’t they? And who else would have decided to catch one and cook it if it wasn’t some party dude whose last words could have been, “Watch this!” as he tried to wrestle a monstrous beast.

Oliver’s heart began to beat powerfully as he awaited Arwen’s response. What if she didn’t want him to go with her? What if she had no plans of ever seeing him again? However, all of those fears disappeared once she said it’d be fun and that she’d enjoy it. Thank God, he thought in relief. That also meant she had said yes to grabbing a bite with him as well. “Great!” Oliver exclaimed, trying to keep his excitement hidden at least a little. “Sounds like a plan,” he said, refraining from using the word ‘date’ because what if she didn’t want this to be a date? Just a casual hang out? Scaring her off would be worse than getting rejected. “Maybe next Saturday?” he asked, assuming she would be busy during the week. Besides, he worked at the Ministry Monday to Friday – it wasn’t like he would be available during the day, either. “A true American barbecue? I can’t go my whole life without experiencing one of those,” he half joked, giving the girl another wink. People changed their mind all the time – Oliver hoped they’d be in each other’s lives long enough to actually go through with the plans they were making. It always sucked when someone you thought would be in your life in the future wasn’t.

Rawwry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:36 pm
User Image

s a l e m x a l u m n a
c u r s e b r e a k e r

o l i v e r x d a v i s
w h a t x n o w
s i n g l e

When Oliver reassured her about black pudding, she felt just a bit more confused by it. Why call it a pudding if it's sausage? 'It must be some type of European thing or something.' She thought to herself. "I'll try anything once," Arwen shrugged. She did want to try and expand her palette a bit as it wasn't always an option for her in America. She also felt a bit better knowing the Cullen Skink wasn't really a lizard - although her revulsion of them might just be because of her cultural boundaries. "Honestly? Like a mix of chicken and fish. Gator was seasoned better, but that's probably just my own opinion," Arwen said, she did prefer things well seasoned, not just salt and butter. Just thinking about food with salt and butter made her head hurt. Not enough flavor and too many health risks. "Although, I'm not entirely sure I'd really eat either of them again."

Arwen smiled happily at Oliver, "A plan then," she repeated after him. She pushed another curl behind her ear, feeling quite giddy with her company and their perspective plans. "That works for me," Even if she had made plans and didn't remember, she could probably clear them. She wasn't working as far as she knew, there weren't any big events coming up for her quite yet. "Yeah, burgers, hot dogs, beers, the whole nine yards. All we'd be missing is the family dog running around," She told him. She was slowly wearing down her father about getting a dog, or even just a cat, since they had made the move. Abbott was against the idea, but Arwen was sure she could get him to agree. She was his favorite daughter after all, even though she was his only one.

kiska166

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers