Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Town of Rye ~ England Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:41 pm
Rye

User Image

Rye is a small town in the county of East Sussex, England. It is located only two smiles from the sea, where three rivers intersect; the Rother, the Tillingham, and the Brede. It has a population of roughly 9000 residents. Its historical association with the sea has included providing ships for the service of the King in time of war, and being involved in smuggling. The notorious Hawkhurst Gang used its ancient inns The Mermaid Inn and The Olde Bell Inn, which are said to be connected to each other by a secret passageway. It is now a popular tourist destination with many hotels and restaurants.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 am
User ImageUser Image

ORION HARRISON LANE + JONAH CASTOR LANE

Squib | Rye Public High School | Seventeen Years Old | Teenage Daredevil | Rugby Team
Half-BloodRavenclawFourth Year BeaterFourteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» June 29, 2045 (Full Moon) » Rye Beach
» Orion's Status: Story Time
» Jonah's Status: “Can’t believe I’m related to this tosser.”

═════════════════════════════════════════════

So far the Summer was going pretty well. Rion and Rhea had been used to the shared custody arrangement between Delia and Marco since the divorce, but this was the first Jonah really got to experience it beyond going back and forth for Christmas. The kids were able to visit with their mother once they had arrived home(Jonah had made up with her immediately), but then it was off to Father’s for the first half of the break. After that, they’d be with Delia until it was time to return to the Hogwarts Express. Initially Jonah had been beyond frustrated given that Uncle Joseph had made his unwanted return into their lives, having moved in with his brother, though now they had settled into somewhat of a routine with their constant comebacks and grudge matches. Rion had been keeping score: Within the first week, it was Jonah – 4, Joseph – 5. Even Rhea and their Dad had become invested in the squabble once they were assured it wouldn’t come to blows. Jonah didn’t much care about any of that though.

The reason the Summer was as good as it was? Sonora was visiting for the whole week. It had been such a surprise! Sure, it wasn’t anything new—he had just stayed over at her house with Vespera the summer before, and Vespera was a frequent visitor of the Lane Family—but he hadn’t expected the visit to be with his Dad. Certainly not after he and his wife just split because of magic. He knew Sonora was a witch, right? Jonah had to verify with the man, who seemed… Rather at peace with it all after considering the last year. Well, his mother had always said that Lane men were resilient.

When she arrived, Jonah had been ecstatic, greeting the girl with the biggest bear hug he could muster… And then he noticed the hug felt off. He’d compared their heights, and what do you know? He’d grown an inch taller than her in the span of a week. “Well, well, looks like I’m finally pulling ahead in the height race.” He teased. He thought he’d never get taller than her! Though, she certainly still had time to catch up. Jonah would cherish the short-lived victory while he had it.

The first few days with Sonora primarily involved Rhea and Jonah properly showing her around Rye. Come Thursday, Rion mentioned letting her join in his and Jonah’s annual tradition of sneaking off to the beach for a bonfire night. Ever since Jonah had started Hogwarts the brothers had taken to getting together to inhale s’mores and catch up with each other on the last several months. It was fun, and in Jonah’s eyes it helped the two of them become a little closer, getting the time to just vent and laugh and talk about anything and everything. Joseph and Rhea had sat down in the living room to a movie while Orion snuck the trio out the back and over the fence in his signature escape route. Joseph probably wouldn’t have cared—Marco was working third shift, leaving him in charge—but what was the fun in going to the beach without a little stealth? The moon and just then risen, and now hung high in the clear night sky.

“Oh, yeah, I dumped Lydia,” Orion mentioned as he prodded the fire with a stick. “She got real bossy. All, ‘You have to come see me practice,’ ‘You can’t just talk to your ex,’ and ‘Cliff diving is dangerous’. Annoying as all hell.”

“Which ex?” Jonah asked as he dribbled a stray volleyball from his spot in the sand.

“Matilda.”

“Why’d you break up with her again?” He kicked the ball up into the air and head-butted it, grinning when he succeeded in his target of Sonora’s lap. “5 points.”

“Because her name is Matilda…?”

Jonah gaped. “If her name was the issue, why’d you even ask her to go steady in the first place?!”

Orion shrugged as he speared a fresh marshmallow with his stick for roasting. “She dyed her hair blonde.”

“Unbelievable.” Jonah joined Sonora on the log and promptly took back custody of the ball, only to chuck it at Rion’s face. It hit the older boy’s forehead, sparking a laugh. “What? No. Don’t laugh at that. You’re a jerk!”

“Dude, that was the weakest throw I’ve ever seen. Sonora should be ashamed just to associate with you. I know I am.”

OOC:
Omg posting from phone is the WORST. Will edit later if needed.
Addaellis

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:43 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

fourth year || Ravenclaw || halfblood
Music club || Quidditch reserve || Dueling Club
irregular attendee of Astronomy and Adventuring Club

Summer was absolutely spectacular so far. Thanks to some scheduling thing, Sonora had an entire three days to hang out with her childhood friend before Zina was off to summer camp as usual. Sona thought life could go back to the regular summer routine of potions, hiking, piano and letter writing but was pleasantly surprised when her parents told her she’d be spending a week with Jonah and Rhea and Rion—yay for wonderful scheming parents! She was a little nervous when she found out they’d be at Dr. Lane’s house, but things seemed to have been fine thus far. The moment she’d gotten there, Jonah had wrapped her up in a bear hug that made her giggle like kid. ”Sq-Squished!” She’d replied to his comment on their height race with a little grin, standing on her tip-toes to even out their height. ”Just by a little! We’ll see who’s taller come end of summer.”

Initially, Sonora had been horrified at the comeback contest Jonah and Mr. Joseph seemed to have going on and had pulled Jonah aside the first time it happened, partially to ask what why in the world he would say that. But after a while, everyone seemed to assure her it was fine and that there wasn’t any actual bite behind the bark. She...wasn’t sure she was convinced, but she could enjoy the wittiness in their little game of squabble at least. August would probably enjoy the wordplay in this, she mused. Maybe we can start a version of this when he’s back down. A nice version. She found herself thinking of a few comebacks herself, but would only whisper them to the other kids. In front of Dr. Lane and his brother Sona was on her best behavior, careful to not cause any more grief for her hosts other than the unavoidable being-a-witch part.

But by far her favorite part of the week was exploring Rye with Jonah and Rhea. The little mermaid seemed to know every Disney song, and Sona was more than happy to sing along with her as they wandered. Come Thursday, she’d been flattered to be invited along on the brothers’ annual beach visit. She was a little worried about sneaking out, but it did send a thrill down her spine as they embarked on an evening adventure. And now, despite it being quite a few hours after her usual bedtime, Sonora found herself surprisingly awake. Staying up for Astronomy was finally within reach!

Listening along, Sona personally thought it was quite nice that Rion and his ex-girlfriend were on good speaking terms and a little disappointed in this Lydia for not being more understanding. She shuffled closer to the fire with her marshmallow. The skirt had been lovely for playing in the water--she’d just rolled it up a little and commenced the splashing-- but was not the best for keeping her warm.

”You go cliff diving?! Where? Want a sidekick?” she asked excitedly when Rion brought it up. ”Sorry, please continue.”

She’d momentarily looked up from pulling a perfectly golden-brown marshmallow off her stick-- or at least it would have been if a volleyball hadn’t decided to land in her lap, causing her to drop the marshmallow and chocolate into the fire with a small “Eek!

“Ten for a Quaffle, but no marshmallow for you,”
she joked, but just took another marshmallow and resumed listening.

”Unbelievable.”

”Matilda is a cute name, what do you mean!” she exclaimed, more playful than critical. ”Besides, she could have been telekinetic.”

Jonah snatched the ball back, only to immediately chuck it. When Rion simply burst out in laughter, Sona settled for a smile and shake of her head. The banter between Jonah and Rion seemed much more friendly. ”Nonsense, I could never be ashamed of Jonah,” she replied easily. ”A little disappointed he aimed for the head but never ashamed. Besides, wouldn’t it have hurt if he’d hit any harder? You can’t get hurt now because you’re taking us cliff-diving this weekend.”

User Image User Image User Image
At the end of a storm is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
♫♪
"You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry and the Pacemakers, cover by Celtic Women

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:16 pm
User ImageUser Image

Squib | Rye Public High School | Seventeen Years Old | Teenage Daredevil | Rugby Team

» June 29, 2045 (Full Moon) » Rye Beach
» Orion's Status: Cliffs and Rugby
» Jonah's Status: S'mores and Horror Movies

“Exactly! If she was telekinetic, what do I do if we get into a nasty argument, huh? She could go berserk and kill me in a car wreck.”

“No, no, that’s Carrie. Not Matilda.” Jonah corrected as he began making a fresh s’more to replace the one he’d so carelessly ruined.

“Carrie…?”

“I can’t believe you. Carrie! The telekinetic girl with the hyper religious mum? Got pigs blood dumped on her head at prom, killed Billy in his car?” Jonah was clearly exasperated. “C’mon, Rion, we watched it over last break! It's a classic!”

Orion sighed. “Dude, you can’t honestly expect me to keep track of all your horror movies. They’re literally all the same. I thought that was the bloke with the hockey mask?”

“I mean, she was basically Tina in one of the movies, but no. That’s a completely different franchise.”

“Same difference.” He shrugged. “Anyway, Sona, there’s a spot to go cliff diving about a kilometer down the beach. It’s really not as spectacular as it sounds, but it does the job.”

Jonah nodded along in agreement as he passed Sonora a fresh make-up s’more. “We try not to bring it up when Rhea’s around. Don’t want her running off and getting hurt.”

“But, it’s pretty well safe. I have Rugby to do tomorrow, but we can go Saturday.” Rion perked up after the mention of Rugby—that was early in the morning and to last well into the afternoon. He could hardly believe he'd managed to forget. “Wait. What time is it, anyway?”

Jonah frowned before glancing over to Sonora, who still managed to seem perfectly awake. “Usually I just use Sonora as a clock, but… You’re holding out pretty well tonight, aren’t you?” In a sense, this was exactly what he’d hoped for, considering they’d stayed up fairly late the past few nights already. Surely she wouldn’t have any issues staying up for classes next year now, but this had done nothing for him in terms of keeping track of time. A glance up to the moon and it was clear to him it had to be later than they’d bargained for. Orion’s curse after checking his cell phone confirmed it.

“s**t. Alright kiddies, pack up. It’s past 3 AM. We need to head back now if we want to beat Dad home.”

OOC:
Let me know if I need to edit anything I just kinda threw this one together >3>"""
Addaellis

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:37 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Sonora about to retort that if Rion was worried about the going berserk part, even without telekinesis someone could do some pretty bad damage. She wasn’t familiar with Carrie though, and listened with wide eyes. Horror...had never been a thing at her house. Her parents watched som pretty gruesome re-enactments on the history channel sometimes, but that was about it. Sonora busied herself making a s’more of her marshmallow instead.

”Sounds like an adventure,” she replied. She held the s’more Jonah passed her, thinking he’d meant for her to hold it for a bit, maybe as he chucked the ball again. When she understood, she traded her newly made s’more with him instead. ”Saturday it is! We’ll walk down there and go diving? I...guess Rhea won’t be coming then?” She was a little sad-- it would have been fantastic to spend the afternoon jumping and climbing, singing at the top of their lungs.

It was definitely late, and Sona laughed when Jonah mentioned using her as a clock. But she was stunned when Rion said it was past —forget staying awake, she was usually waking up in 3 or 4 hours! Staying up for Astronomy or even all-night study sessions should be no problem next year.

But for how late it was, she was surprised she wasn’t a collapsed bubble yet and busied herself with helping to put out the fire and gather s’more supplies before following Rion back up the beach for the path. Once they were a few meters from the beach a yawn slipped out, but whether it was because she was actually finally getting tired or she just knew it was past time for sleep was anyone’s guess. She'd hardly been out this late before unless it was for camping, and if she was out past midnight, she was usually bundled up in a tent or hammock. ”I think you two would like hammocking or camping. We stay out all night, make s'mores, tell silly stories, and stay out--” Another yawn. "Very late."

Walk on
With hope in your heart
♫♪

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

» June 29, 2045 (Full Moon) » Rye Beach -> Rye Woods
» Orion's Status: Trolling
» Jonah's Status: "Should've been an only child."

“I haven’t been camping in forever! Sounds fun. Do you guys go fishing?” Orion pat Sonora’s shoulder as he stepped passed. He snagged the marshmallows as she gathered supplies and promptly poured the remainder of the bag into his mouth, sparking an eye roll from his younger brother.

As the trio made their way up the beach, Jonah took Sonora by the hand and guided her in a different direction. “Why don’t we cut through the woods? It’ll be quicker,” he explained, “And then you’ll get to sleep sooner. Sounds like you need it.”

“Oho, the woods, huh?” Orion followed after. “Isn’t that a little dangerous? Never know what’s lurking in there~”

“Rion, don’t startle her. We take this way all the time.”

“Yeah, but tonight’s a full moon.”

“So?”

So what if there’s monsters? Y’know, something scary.” He teased.

“The only scary thing in the woods is that ugly mug of yours, and we’ve been looking at it all night. I think we’ll be fine, right Sona?” The blond grinned, bumping his shoulder against his friend’s playfully. “Haven't turned to stone yet.”

“Wow, ******** you.”

It wasn’t long before the sounds of chiming buoys and ocean waves faded into rustling leaves and chirping crickets. The forest had started sparse and became more heavily wooded the deeper they ventured with just enough light from the moon overhead to allow them an adequate view of their immediate surroundings. Despite the mention of danger, the boys both seemed to be perfectly at peace, having obviously made many trips through the area over the years. While Jonah lagged behind, an arm slung over his company’s shoulders, Orion had chosen to walk ahead of the group, ever the leader.

“Oh, you never told me! You dropped some electives for next year, right?” Jonah asked in efforts to keep Sonora awake through the hike. “So what will you be taking now? Definitely ma—”

“AHHHHH!”

Jonah nearly jumped out of his skin at Orion’s scream, instinctively yanking Sonora by the shoulder to stand behind him as he did so. “What’s wrong?!” For a brief moment, it was silent. The fact that he could barely see Rion ahead of him put him on edge. He squeezed the girl's shoulder in an effort to reassure the both of them. “Orion?”

When greeted by Orion’s laughter, he was pretty sure he was going to strangle the bloke as soon as he was within arm’s reach. “You absolute git!” He still managed to laugh, if only out of relief.

“Sorry, my mistake.” He snickered, jumping up onto the base of a fallen tree. “I thought it was a basilisk!”

“You're unbelievable.”

OOC:
FIVE. FLIPPING. HOURS.
//tags in Mia
Addaellis

Cara Miakitty

Trickblues

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:12 pm
User Image

well ιт’ѕ a dog’ѕ lιғe, нoldιn’ onтo вeaυтy wнιle тнe вleaĸ nιgнтѕ
                                                          are мaĸιn’ вeaѕтѕ oғ мen - тнe ғaιryтale dayѕ are dead
                                                          ѕo тry noт тo loѕe yoυr нead wнen тнe ѕcenт ιѕ callιng agaιn
                                                          cold reғlecтιonѕ, тнey тell no lιeѕ, вυт eyeѕ jυѕт ѕcraтcн тнe ѕυrғace

spaceFor once, Lock found that he was enjoying the full moon. Normally he found himself keeping after the pack, or scaring other predators off their territory, or some other equally aggravating task. Tonight, however, had been mostly peaceful, and the wolf had spent most of it on his own, his second granting him space to run and hunt and generally enjoy the night.

spaceSo, of course something had to happen.

spaceIt was nearing dawn, and Lock was heading back down the now-familiar trail towards his pack, sensing the rising of the sun and the leaving of his wolf. He'd almost made it back when he caught the scent of humans in the forest. Growling, the alpha took after the scent track, the animal inside intent on removing these threats from his territory. Humans meant moving, and the wolf did not want to move. It liked these woods, had just grown accustomed to them. It was his forest, and he would keep it, damn the consequences for anything that tried to stop him.

spaceHe heard loud noises ahead, and let out one single warning howl before darting in the direction they were coming from. He cut the three humans off from their path, skidding to a halt in front of them and growling menacingly before launching himself at the largest one, teeth sinking into flesh before he'd even landed fully.

don’т ѕнaĸe мe, don’т мaĸe мe вear мy тeeтн
                                                          yoυ really don’т wanna мeeт тнaт gυy
                                                          don’т waĸe мe, don’т leт ιт oғғ тнe leaѕн
                                                          тнere’ѕ a мonѕтer lιvιn’ υnder тнιѕ нιde

wнere - Forest
                                                          wнen - Near Dawn
                                                          wιтн - Kids

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 am

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Sonora was quite tired but very content to be walking through the woods, recounting how her family’s camping trips went, complimenting Rion, trying to establish that really she was okay with the woods and she was slowly getting over small dark spaces thing for the sake of cursebreaking ambitions. She was about to ramble about classes a little when an ear-splitting scream rended the air. Sona startled, jumping before Jonah grabbed her shoulder. She reached for her wand as he called out. Eyes suddenly wide and very awake, she only now realized how creepy the darkness was and the slight breeze that sent a cold shudder across her legs. Everything though, seemed still.

“Orion?”

For a moment there was only silence. Then Rion’s laugh answered and Sona physically relaxed, gently squeezing Jonah’s arm in mutual assurance that it was just a prank. She managed a weak chuckle as the boys laughed at each other. Relief melted the sudden edge away.

She was about to comment that basilisks probably didn’t howl but hiss when a growl—this time
too close for comfort—interrupted. Movement registered from roughly where Rion had been a moment ago. This time, Sona drew her wand immediately with a high-pitched shriek of her own. ”Lumos!”

“Cara MiaKitty”

Walk on
With hope in your heart
♫♪

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

» June 29, 2045 (Full Moon) » Rye Woods
» Orion's Status: KO'd
» Jonah's Status: "Merlin, I was kidding!!!"

Orion hopped down from the tree, now perfectly satisfied by his prank against the younger teens. The laughter had been short lived however as a howl not far off in the distance alerted Rion that something wasn’t quite right. ‘Last I checked the woods didn’t have any dogs…’ “Okay… Enough fun. Let’s get moving.”

The younger Lane didn’t have to be told twice, but it seemed like fate, or God, or whatever there was had different plans for the night. A rustle in the brush and a growl much too close had him reaching for his wand from his back pocket. Orion hadn’t been afforded the same luck—nothing to defend himself with but his own bare hands as he found himself face to face with the eyes of a wolf. The growl had frozen him, but the sinking of sharp teeth into his shoulder lit him ablaze as a scream was ripped from his throat; taken down to the ground by the force of the leap.

Jonah felt his stomach drop at the terrible noise and hoped to Merlin he had just fallen asleep into a simple nightmare. Yet Sonora shrieked from behind him, and now granted some light, the scene before them was all too real, and that wolf was all-too-large to be normal. “A werewolf!” He threw his arm in front of Sonora for protection, careful not to interrupt her spell as he cast his own. He had to get that thing off Orion before it killed him! The boy needed something to distract it, and hopefully scare it off. He knew just the spell: “Stupefy!”

OOC:
Addaellis

Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:53 pm
User Image

spaceLock was vaguely aware of the spell that was cast, his wolf-mind knowing the word but not registering what it meant until it was too late. He released the boy to try and dodge, but the spell hit him anyway. The werewolf staggered for a moment, head suddenly dizzy, snarling and thrashing in the direction of the one who'd cast it.

spaceHis aim was off slightly, clumsy from the spell, and it took him a couple of false starts to get on target. He figured it out eventually, though, launching himself at the young boy with a growl.

wнere - Forest
                                                          wнen - Near Dawn
                                                          wιтн - Kids

Trickblues

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

» Orion's Status: KO'd
» Jonah's Status: HP: 3/10

“s**t,” Jonah hissed. It looked like his spell had done the trick, but Rion wasn’t exactly moving from his spot and he couldn’t make out whether the damn bloke was breathing or not. “Rion, a ‘Hello’ or something would be really appreciated right about now!”

Jonah stepped back, pushing Sonora with him as the wolf tried and failed to get at them, working its way through the stun. By his judgement they only had a few seconds before they had to take on a bloody werewolf on their own and he was not ready for this. A glance back to Sonora’s expression told him that it didn’t matter whether he was or not—Rion could be a goner for all he knew, but he was going to protect her. His resolve helped calm his nerves. “Sonora, I want you to run back. As fast as you can.” A growl emitted from the wolf caught Jonah’s attention again and sure enough he was on the attack and coming straight for them. “GO!” He yelled, shoving the girl away from him as he went on the offense. “Aurumflamm—AH!!”

The wolf too quick, Jonah was taken down just as his brother before, the terrible crack of a broken wand following suit as he hit the ground with a thud. He tried the best he could to fend the wolf off, going as far as to throw a right hook at the blasted thing before he was rewarded with the searing pain of claws digging into his dueling arm and abdomen, tearing through cloth and flesh in a swift movement as he cried out.

OOC:
Addaellis

Cara Miakitty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:00 pm

User Image♪♫
SONORAxxxMEYLINGxxxLI

Sonora wasted a precious moment wishing this was all just a terrible dream. She wasted another moment screaming. The light from her wand revealed a werewolf. Jonah--bless him for not losing his mind--Jonah fired off a stunning spell at the wolf.

”Rion? Rion!” she called out, her thoughts rushing back. Jonah told him to say hello or something. Nothing.

Expelliarmus? No, the wolf wasn’t dangerous because of a weapon. She could do Lumos Maxima, probably blind the wolf. But it’d blind Jonah as well. Lustro Circulus. Aurumflamma. Incendio. No fire. Not until they’d gotten Rion away. Protego wouldn’t work. Would Rictusempra or Tarantallegra work on a werewolf? Glacius. Freeze--no she’d have to have water first. Aguamenti. Then Glacius. They had to scare--how in heaven’s name did they scare a werewolf?!

Jonah yelled for her to run. There was no way she was running. Or maybe she should. Run to the side, flank it while it was confused. Where was Rion? You know what would be useful about now? More people to fight. If Rion wasn't up, he was probably down. She had to get to him. Werewolves had packs-- if only they had a pack too. A rock? Another animal? Stupefy had worked well. She should probably just stupefy again.

Something between a whimper and a yelp escaped her when the wolf faced them and she stepped back on a stone. Oh of course!--There was plenty of twigs and small rocks. ”Waddiwasi!” she said, flinging them towards the wolf. It was snarling, moving towards them now. No more time for strategizing.

Sonora took a few steps to the side, just as Jonah pushed for her to get out of the way. She stumbled out of the way. Her free hand scraped against something sharp and her skirt tore when she pulled away, but the scream behind her was more worrisome. ”Jonah?! Stupefy!”. The spell definitely flew wide, but as she whirled, the light found Rion, motionless a few paces from the log he was standing on earlier.

She just needed something to get the wolf off Jonah-- A rock? Another animal?--Rock to animal. Rock to badger! ”Waddiwasi!” She focused on the rock she’d just launched: ”Fallomeles.” She didn’t catch if it worked-- panic and moving subjects made a less than ideal transfiguration environment after all. Anything else-- another rock--a flock! She sent a flock of birds towards the wolf’s side desperately: ”Avis!”

Trickblues

Cara MiaKitty

Walk on
With hope in your heart
♫♪

addaellis

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:03 pm
User Image

spaceLock felt something small and hard hit him, registering it as most likely a rock that'd been thrown at him. He broke away from the boy to turn his attention on the third party, this one a girl. He once again heard the use of the stunning spell, managing to dodge this one easily (though how much of that could be attributed to him and how much to the wide arc of the spell was up for debate). Even in his current state, his wolf-mind knew that word and what it meant; it was hardly the first time anyone had used it on him. He was relieved for a moment to've avoided being hit.

spaceHe stalked towards the girl, growling low at her as she attempted to hit him with another rock. It missed, and he could see no discernible effect from the second spell cast. He didn't have much time to wonder at it, though, as she made another attempt at a spell, this one launching a group of birds at him. The wolf snarled, thrashing and attempting to pounce on the creatures, but they were too quick, and he was tired. It was nearly dawn, he'd been out all night (and doing manual labor all the day before). Not to mention, he wasn't as young as he used to be. He caught one in his teeth and crushed it before attempting to shake them off and go for the girl.

wнere - Forest
                                                          wнen - Near Dawn
                                                          wιтн - Kids
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          I went with 'no' just because I feel like size of the object being transfigured probably plays a role in success?
                                                          The rock is obviously much smaller than a badger so, if nothing else, the focus and intent would need to be higher. I think. Don't quote me on that.
                                                          I am sad at that ruling if only because that was bloody brilliant thinking tbh
                                                          I also realize now that you totally asked about this in chat and I saw, meant to think about it and answer, and got sidetracked >.<;;;;;; sorry!

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:40 pm
User ImageUser Image

» Orion's Status: HP: 1/10
» Jonah's Status: Barely Standing

Jonah had been certain he was a goner until a rock had managed to distract the wolf. He gasped as the weight was lifted from his body; it was a relief to be able to properly breathe again, but the pressure absent from his wounded abdomen only made it sting that much worse as cool air brushed against the scratches. He hadn’t the time to dwell on the injuries—right now, he needed to cover Sonora before she ended up in the same shape as Orion and himself. An attempt to reach for his wand alerted him to the sharp tingling in his left arm and the limited movement it seemed to be capable of, similar to when he’d lay on it strange and the limb would fall asleep. It wasn’t like it mattered; a glance down his shredded arm and he could make out in the dim light his wand wasn’t exactly in one piece anyway. Useless. Lifting his gaze just a bit further, relief washed over the boy as he saw the slightest movement in Rion's direction and the faint moan of the eldest coming to. Good--that's one less thing to worry about. Now if he could manage to walk, they'd be that much better off for an escape.

Pushing himself up as quick as he could proved to be the stupidest thing Jonah could have done, as he’d only made it about half-way to a proper sit up before collapsing again with a groan. He felt sick, dizzy, his body felt like fire and all he wanted was to close his eyes and be done with it all. ‘Try again,’ he willed as he forced himself to roll over and pushed himself up with his knees and good arm. With some struggle, he’d managed to stumble back to his feet just in time to witness the unfortunate sacrifice of a bird. The wolf would be on Sonora in seconds and he had to think fast. ‘Good thing I took Wandless.’ His wand was gone, and his left arm was out of commission(temporarily, he hoped), but he still had one good hand left! First thing was first, he had to get the wolf away so they could regroup. ‘Please, please, let this work.’ He took a deep breath, threw his hand out towards his bloodthirsty target, and cast with everything he had: “Flipendo!”

OOC:
Moment of silence for the noble sacrifice of that bird, RIP.
Addaellis

Cara Miakitty

Trickblues

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:32 pm
User Image

spaceLock had just launched himself at the girl when a force hit him, hard, and knocked him back into a tree. He staggered back to his feet, snarling all the while, rage building almost enough to override his exhaustion. But, before he could do much of anything in retaliation, something solid slammed into him, knocking him into the ground.

spaceThe form standing over him was a packmember, his second-in-command. Lock snarled and shook her off, attempting to assert his dominance, but he was tired, and injured. Humans forgetten, the two wolves went at each other. Basil, having taken her wolfsbane that night and being in full control of herself, easily outsmarted her alpha and got him held down once again.

spaceThe newcomer looked up to the two teens and growled at them, gesturing with her head that they should leave, now. She then howled to alert the rest of the pack; everyone else had taken their potions tonight, and would be safe. Backup to keep Lock from chasing them down for the time remaining until sunrise would be beneficial.

wнere - Forest
                                                          wнen - Near Dawn
                                                          wιтн - Kids
                                                          - ooc -
                                                          With this, y'all are free to RUN, RUN AWAY
                                                          Tag me at the hospital if you wanna do that bit IC, or we can offscreen, whatever you prefer ^^

Trickblues

addaellis

The United Kingdom

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas