Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[鉄]____W o l f ' s____L o d g e____[鉄]

______________A r e a ... D e s c r i p t i o n ||
____The first district after the buffer zone, this is where training is done. All scrolls that have been located can be found here, and are expected to be returned after you are finished with them. The area consists of two main buildings, both of which have been built off of houses that originally stood here. The academy itself is the larger of the two, and harbors several spaces that can function as classrooms, along with the scroll library on the second floor. It also has a few study rooms for the hard workers who need a quiet space to focus. The second building is the dojo, which has both an indoor and an outdoor stage for classes, along with a storeroom for practice weapons and armor. No real weapons or armor are kept here. And finally, there is also an outside area, kept clean of snow with a few different environments for students to practice in, including a small standing of trees, rocky terrain, and a large pond--although the pond is frequently frozen due to the weather. This area also functions as a sparring arena.

______________N e a r b y ... L o c a t i o n s ||
____Ikeinasu: Hallowed Path [Entrance]
____Snowside Estates [Residential District]
____Pine Bluffs [Crafting/Shopping District]
____Grim Hall [Administrative District & Mission Board]
____Frostwood Medical Center [Hospital]
____Silver Wing Institute [Research Center]

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
____A wooden wall surrounds the district, sharpened logs that stand about ten feet high. Guard posts look out over the wall every hundred feet or so.
____There are three ways into and out of the district. The first is a gate on the north and south ends on the main road to allow carts and other vehicles through. Foot traffic is discouraged. Likewise, connecting all of the districts is a series of bridges overlooking the road, and several zip-lines, though it only goes one direction for the moment: down.

______________K n o w n R e s o u r c e s ||
____ None.

______________R u l e s ||
____Follow the laws as set forth by the claim holder. They can be found in the Administrative District.
____All borrowed scrolls must be returned upon completion of using them. Failure to return scrolls is considered theft and punishable. Likewise, copies made without permission is considered theft and punishable.
____Clean up after yourself. Destruction of public property is not tolerated. If a technique is too large to release in the area, either exit the town and find a safe location, or do not release the technique. It can be learned without activating it.

______________C l a i m i n g ||
____Claim Holder || Musunde Hiraite [Tenshuyami]
________Sub-Claim Holders ||
________ • Kaileer Cein'lys [Royal Taorito]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:51 am
[鉄]____S c r o l l s____O b t a i n e d____[鉄]

*Note: Copies of some scrolls, such as Eiseijutsu, can be found elsewhere in the town, but the originals are stored here.*

Elemental Ninjutsu
tab Katon
tab tab • All E-C rank techniques
tab Doton
tab Raiton
tab Fuuton
tab Suiton
tab Maruton

Other Ninjutsu
tab Eiseijutsu - Healing
tab Eiseijutsu - Harmful
tab Eiseijutsu - Supplementary
tab Sensory
tab Fuuinjutsu
tab Kugutsu

Genjutsu
tab Illusory
tab Enchantment
tab Instant
tab Chained

Bloodlines
tab Bloodlines

Taijutsu
tab Iwagakure no Taijutsu
tab tab • All Stage 1-3 techniques
tab Pi Qua Quan
tab Suiken
tab Jiyugata Senpu

Bukijutsu
tab Tetsu no Ryu
tab Basai Bagua
tab Kanadzuchi no Ryuusei
tab Kasai
tab Hagane no Shunkan
tab Hakyoku-ken no Kata
tab Shinto Muso-ryu
tab Kamakiri no Tsume
tab Nunchaku Kata
tab Kougen no Nukimi
tab Baiken no Kusari
tab Seishun no Hikou

Combat Talents
tab Beastmaster
tab tab • All E-C rank talents
tab Medium
tab Oathkeeper
tab Skald
tab Soldier
tab Tinker
tab Tracker
tab General Combat

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:13 am
[ Taiki Matsumaya ]

Adventurer l Bukijutsu l Explorer l D - Rank

I arrived quickly to the training grounds and they too seemed rather empty. The first order of business would be a little bit of sword practice. I walked into the center of the place and drew both of my blades. I closed my eyes and felt a light snow fall on me and all around me. It was cold as hell in this place, and I wasn’t dressed for it, I needed to get money. I moved both swords in a sideways in a parallel motion, followed by drawing back the sword on my left hand and stabbing with my right. I took a step forward, drew back the sword on my right hand and slashed downward with my left.

From there, I sheathed the sword on my left hand and gripped my main katana with both hands. I did an overhead chop and followed it with a horizontal slash. Every time I moved my blade I let out a grunt. I stopped moving and held my blade vertically dividing my body in two halves. From there, I rose the sword over my head and delivered a quick downward chop, followed by a right-leaning upward slash. With that, I sheathed my weapon and took a deep, resting breath.
[Katana trained to D rank]

I unsheathed my weapon once again and held it with both hands. I took two steps forward and did a rapid sideways slash, followed by an upward, left to right slash, and finished the movement with a powerful downward attack. From there, I sheathed my weapon. I moved both hands onto both of my swords’ handles and violently unsheathed them. I ran three steps forward and delivered a cross slash downward, followed by an upward cross slash, and finished the flurry of attacks with a unified downward chop. From there, I sheathed my weapons once again and let out a sigh.
[Triple Slash]

From there, I decided to go get some scrolls to train old techniques I used to know. I popped the scrolls open and read over the first technique. It seemed simple enough; it worked to augment my next attack, which was always something nice to have, and it also did not require hand signs, which was a nice bonus too. I put my hand on the handle of the sword on my right side. I took a step forward and unsheathed my sword in the same motion. From there, I slashed forward, letting my chakra cover my sword in that movement, and then, delivered a more powerful upward slash.
[Cloud Style Front Slash]

After that last technique, I sheathed my weapon once again and leaned over to read the scroll. For this next technique, I would have to jump and spin, which sounded like fun. I would do three different versions of this technique; I started by putting my hand on my right-side katana and began to run. From there I jumped, unsheathed my sword and let my chakra run through it. I spun in the air, and as I did my sword slashed at the air, releasing chakra as it moved. The chakra that was left behind was faintly visible, and sharp, sharp enough that it would cut whatever it touched. After the first attempted, I sheathed the weapon and began the process once again, only that this time, upon jumping, I unsheathed both of my swords, keeping one high and the other low, creating two different trails of chakra. From there, I sheathed my weapons and took a moment to rest. I brought my hands to the center of my body and made the tiger seal; the seal associated with fire style jutsu. I held the seal for a second, and then I dropped it, pulled out one of my swords, and did the entire process all over again, the key difference was that this time, the trail of chakra emanated heat and burst into flames.
[Cloud Style Crescent Moon Slash]

Once this was done with, I put the scrolls away and walked toward the administrative district once again to pick up some jobs.

Pathfinder: 8 l 25

Techniques used:

Passives

PA - Firestarter: The strength of Taiki's fire jutsu are treated as being a rank higher in strength, but cost .5 chakra more, rounded up. [ E Rank = 8, D Rank = 15, C Rank = 30, B Rank = 60, A Rank = 120, S Rank = 240, S+ Rank = 540]

PA - Fire Brand: By adding the tiger seal at the beginning of maruton techniques, Taiki is able to alter the very nature of the technique, transforming it into a fire style jutsu.

PA - Pathfinder: Every 25 posts, Taiki is able to roll a 10 sided dice. If it lands on a 1 or a 10, Taiki obtains a randomly generated type of map (4 sided, 1 is a small, 2 is a medium, 3 is a large and 4 is an epic).

Discipline - Scavenger [D]: In a world where survival of the fittest is the rule of law it is the Scavenger who learns that the key to survival is possession of needed materials and items. For every other Experience Rank after D - rank (B and S - ranks), generate a number between one and three [1 - 3], and follow the chart below when looking for materials:
→ On a roll of one [1], increase materials gathered by fifty percent [50%].
→ On a roll of two [2], note a member of the Event Coordination Team. A potential rare material is discovered!
→ On a roll of three [3], the durability of the material(s) found is increased by one [1] step.

Chakra: 165 l 165
Stamina: 150 l 150
EXP: 500

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:53 am
User Image

㊌ ☾ ☾ ☾ Kira Yamata ☽ ☽ ☽ ㊌

Kira entrance to the the Academy was more or less plain and regular, bout like anyone else who came across it. However Kira felt the need to hone his skills more now that he had a more bitter taste of the wilds and how dangerous this, new world, had in store for him. Something long range, a bow, might help him keep a good distance while also providing a good sniping view before the enemy would find him. Looking at the two buildings Kira aimed for the more familiar setting of a dojo and hoped there would be some form of combat teachers ready to help him teach the art of the bow. Entering the front door Kira reluctantly took off his armored boots and looked around the dojo area for a mentor.

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:38 pm
User Image_______________The Narrator Whispers...||
Inside the dojo, warmed by an old furnace that sat in one of the corners, a girl practiced with a bokken. She must have been no more than fourteen, despite her mature appearance, with dark brown hair and red eyes. Her form, despite being slender, was athletic, and she was quite tall as well. She paused in her movements as she heard noise behind her, and turned to investigate. "Oh? Can I help you?"

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:38 am
User Image

Upon hering the girl speak kira's helmed gaze turned to her in a quick moment of recognition, though he recognized she was using a sword he figured he would ask and said, "Yes, I am looking for a tutor that can teach me archery and perhaps provide a loan me a bow until such a time where i can acquire my own." Kira would then walk over towards the dark haired girl and held out a hand, as if it where a casual greeting instead of two strangers meeting each other in a awkward situation, "I am Kira Yamata, what is your name?

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:23 pm
Settling the bokken on her shoulder, she tilted her head to the side thoughtfully. She gave a small smile a moment later. "We wouldn't have any equipment for you to borrow--all we have is training equipment and blunt arrows. But you might be able to get a bow in the market." Obviously she had no way of knowing that you'd just come from there. She looked down at your hand for a moment before gently taking it. "Nithya Dracovic. I can't say I'm an expert with a bow, but I can help you with the basics at least." She swung the wooden blade back down to her side and then slid it into the sash around her waste with a flourish, as if it were an actual katana. Then she made her way to a weapon rack that held a simple short and longbow, both unstrung. "Pick your 'poison' and a quiver, and I'll set up some targets."

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:09 pm
User Image

Kira looked at the girl and mentally sighed in his head at her answer for a loaner bow. Of course he suspected as much that it wouldn't be as easy as that but he had to try all the same. As the girl, Nithya, Guiding him over to a quiver of arrows and a choice of a long and short bow Kira looked them over with a discerning eye. As she set up the targets in the moment he was inspecting the bows he pulled the strings back on the both of them one at a time. While the shortbow seemed easier to pull and quick to fire off a arrow it didn't look like to him it would pack the same impact he would want. Thats where the Long bow came in, standing a whole foot above his height with a tight strung sinew bowstring, it screamed force and power. Upon pulling the string Kira had to pull the string harder than he had expected to do before reaching a suitable distance. Simply wanting to feel what it could do Kira let go of his hold of the string and let the force of the bow go, the result was incrediable. Kira was saved from any pain thanks to his gauntlets but he could feel the drawstring push agaisnt the hard leather skimming across it as it traveled faster than kira's eyes could track. The gauntlets also helped when the string hit the back of his thumb and instead hit hard scale armor managing to just give off a soft ringing tone in the air.

At that moment Kira smiled inside his mask and gave a small nod and said to Nithya, "This is a strong bow. Are you sure this is only a training weapon? I have to admit that if it is than Karin might be able to make me something of greater quality... though that's going to cost money...." Kira said thinking of how he would pay for such a items now. He was so used to the shinobi offices of his time simply giving him good quality assembly line equipment and him making due with it. But these items seemed to be getting better past the ones from the era's gone by. With great quality comes great costs, He guessed he was glad he took those two quests then starting with that herbalist after training here.

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:09 pm
[I'm really sorry for posting so slow ; u ;]

The young woman set up three separate targets, each some bundled up cloth around a slab of wood, since hay was not yet available. She dusted off her hands after placing the last one on a stand, and she turned back to you, hands on her hips, as you spoke. "I mean, they'd work for a tight situation, but overall, the quality of the wood isn't that great. They're made from scrap materials that have been sitting rotting for centuries. These just happened to be some of the pieces we found that were still healthy enough to use. Also..." She held up a finger, gesturing to the longbow you'd picked up. "Please don't dry fire the bow. That can damage it. I hear a bow snapping while you're firing it isn't pleasant." Her hand shifted then as she stepped aside, away from the targets, now directed at the slabs. "Feel free to practice. Longbows are stronger and better for firing long distance, but lose the maneuverability and accuracy provided by the shortbow."

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:20 am
User Image

Less accurate? i figured they would be more accurate with how much you have to concentrate on the target" With Kira's comment aside, and the suggestion of not dry firing the bow again out of the way, Kira picked up the practiced arrows provided for him and looked over at the targets given to him. For the next hour Kira took it upon himself to try his best at getting acquainted with the wight, pull, and line of sight with the long bow and arrow. Through the hour most of the arrows either missed or hit mostly towards the shoulder and groin. Soon as the first hour drew to a close Kira sighed and took the main part of his helmet off exposing his red and silver hair wiping his forehead with the bare steel plate of his bracer. he took a few minutes to re collect himself and studied what he had learned from just the hour alone and reviewed it. With help from the instructor on hand Kira would practise the nxt two hours mastery th basics of the longbow and started to actually aim properly and hit mostly in the area's of the heart and head when it mattered and could it hit 3/4ths of the time with what he learned.

after the gruelng three hour long session Kira sighed and sat on the ground in the traditional rest form that students in a dojo would take. Looking at the girl he slowly nodded towards her, "Is there anything else I should know before going out with the knowledge i have acquired?

[it okay ^^]
Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:55 pm
[Your Longbow proficiency would be D-rank after that training.]

Placing her hands on her hips, the young woman thought for a moment, looking you over before her gaze shifted to the targets. "I don't think so. Of course, always practice. The more you do, the better you'll get. As I said earlier, my knowledge of the bow is somewhat limited so I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of advice on how to improve further." She shifted her weight to the other leg and crossed her arms, looking toward the entrance. "Any close range weapons, sure. I'm much more practiced with them. Anything else I can help you with before you head out?"

Kirra Yamata

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:55 pm
User Image

Kira looked up at the girl before him and shook his head as he picked himself up and unstrung the longbow and handed it to her, "No thank you, i have gotten the training I needed. I might come back at some point for more training with the sword though. Until then" Kira gave a solid nod before picking up what little he had on his person and departed the dojo. Kira looked on as he wondered where he would get a good longbow without much money or effort. He could always make a crude one from the woods and string it with sinew but that was taxing. He would have to make time for that later as he headed towards his first job, the alchemist shop. -exit-

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:45 pm
User ImageEnter from Marketplace

No one could call Jean anything but diligent. Even though he abhorred the idea of going out there himself, he sat down and seriously studied one of the scrolls provided by the dojo. He may have been spoiled, but he wasn't going to ignore the reality of his situation. No one could fault him for trying. [1/1 Improvied Weaponry D]

You could possibly fault him for being downright stupid, though. At least, when it came to combat arts that is. Jean didn't understand a single line of text, which he found made absolutely no sense. He knew how to make the swords mentioned in these manuscripts, so how was it that he couldn't understand how they were used? [1/2]

Bah! Humbug! Frustrated, and since these books were anything but pretty and were quite sturdy, he started throwing aside each one that didn't help him at all in figuring out how to protect his pretty face. Who knew that, if one threw enough books, they'd become good at it? Jean didn't, but he discovered he was getting awfully accurate at getting them to land on the "Returns" cart. [2/2 Improvised Weaponry D]

Ah... I wrote out of things to write. I guess Jean just kept on trying to read things and then throwing them back on the returns cart. At one point, he got scolded by the librarian and had to spend some time picking up the books that hadn't made it to the returns cart. He did it. He didn't like it, but he did it. [1/3 Improvised Weaponry C]

To be fair, most of the books scattered across the ground were the ones he read earlier. Over time, his shots had grown accurate. Accurate enough to the point that he was basically getting every scroll and book into wherever he wanted them to be. Wait, no. Scratch that. Wherever he needed them to be. Truth be told, with the level of frustration he felt, he wanted them to be in the trash. Temper. Temper. [2/3 Improvised Weaponry C]

Did I mention how much Jean hated this? Yeah, he hated this. He hated this a lot. Also, at this point, I'm just writing down fluff to fill out my post count. Still, as much as Jean hated it, he knew that, at present, this was the only way to build his future. For that reason, Jean kept on reading manuals and then throwing them into the returns cart. [3/3 Improvised Weaponry C]

Taijutsu immediately turned Jean off with all of the intense body work out. Bukijutsu made Jean grimace at the thought of chafing his hands with hard work and practice. Ninjutsu seemed okay, but Jean struggled to understand the concept of chakra. He... This knowledge, he was just "born" with with it. and now that he had forgotten it, he didn't know where to begin relearning it. Genjutsu was even worse. The material, immaterial, huh what?... Yeah, no, they were all being flicked into the bin. [1/4 Improvised Weaponry B]

This was getting ridiculous. At this point, Jean was also throwing whatever he got from the library shelves onto the table from a distance. Only after he had gotten a sizable pile, did he return to his desk to pore over it all. Then, when he was done with each, which admittedly didn't take a lot of time, Jean flicked them onto the returns bin. [2/4 Improvised Weaponry B]

When the librarian returned, she saw the filled returns bin. Daggers were glared at Jean. Jean glared daggers back. However, this wasn't his domain. He was in the librarian's territory, and so, he was made to go about helping the librarian return all the books he had pulled out. [3/4 Improvised Weaponry B]

During this task, Jean grew very adept at making a very loud noise with each book he put away. Of course, this was without damaging the books or the shelf. Altogether, he had gained himself a new skill set, even if he didn't realize it himself. So yeah. This trip had been pretty much a moot failure, but at the same time, it wasn't. [4/4 Improvised Weaponry B]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:20 pm
User ImageJean looked around the library after he returned all the books he had taken back to their proper spot. Empty. Not a soul to be seen. The sky outside had darkened to night. It appeared that the librarian had left for... he figured dinner. A part of Jean couldn't help but feel that this was awfully irresponsible. After all, his behavior had been absolutely atrocious. However, the bigger part saw this as an opportunity.

Without wasting a moment of time, Jean walked to the bloodline section that he had, up to this point, avoided. His hands skimmed across the shelves until it touched upon a dusty scroll in the corner. Jiongu techniques. It didn't look like a soul had touched it since it was placed her. Jean couldn't blame them. He didn't like his body either, which was why he found this time alone in the library to be an opportunity.

As discreetly as he could, Jean quickly and thoroughly read everything contained in the scroll. These Jiongu techniques. They were something that his body had found unfamiliar when he was born. He had to learn them from scratch, so the hurdles that came with ninjutsu and genjutsu were non present.

Jean made a double take. It appeared that technique wasn't in the scroll. What a disappointment, but again, he couldn't blame the others. At that point, he heard the librarian return. Hastily returning the scroll, Jean made a roundabout route so that when he appeared in front of the librarian, he was walking out of another aisle.

After some curt words, Jean left. In the wide open training grounds, with the stars above and no one below, Jean found a dark corner to practice his techniques. One, two, three, four. Reach, Shuriken, Extension, Lance. Golden threads glimmered in the starlight of the moonless night. [Learned Ito Todoku [ Thread Reach ], Ito Souken: Shuriken [ Thread Creation: Shuriken ], Ito Enchou [ Thread Extension ], Ito Souken: Mori [ Thread Creation: Lance ]]

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:12 pm
User ImageThe golden threads disappeared as quickly and quietly as they appeared. Again, Jean threw that cautious glance around before releasing a shiver. The days were always cold, the nights even more so...

Jean decided that it was time to go to his poor excuse of a home. He would venture out for materials early tomorrow morning... Perhaps... He should focus first on creating some sort of weapon for himself first... or create weapons to trade with others that might bring in rare threads they wouldn't otherwise use... It had already been three months, but it had only been three months. He was still reeling from just how different his life was now.

Exit to... short time skip across the night and into the next morning. Dunno where I'll post after that...

________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff