Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Pine Bluffs [Crafting/Market District] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[鉄]____P i n e____B l u f f s____[鉄]

______________A r e a ... D e s c r i p t i o n ||
____As most trading traffic will likely come from outside of the city, the Market District has been placed in the first area after the southern-most gate, and is the second largest district of the six. It doubles as the crafting district, as it is where most jobs are done, and a place for foreigners to stay, as inns can be found here. All sorts of shops can be found as well, and it is also the site of the main storage facility of the hub, where wares are kept before they are sold. A copy of all found civilian talents and recipes can be found here as well. Lists of the scrolls obtained can be found in the Academy.

The main method of purchase is still bartering--trading of items--, however, a new currency has been introduced, called Raak, from one of the foreign merchant species, and is slowly circulating through the hub. It is considered equivalent in value to Ryo.

______________N e a r b y ... L o c a t i o n s ||
____Ikeinasu: Hallowed Path [Entrance]
____Snowside Estates [Residential District]
____Wolf's Lodge [Academy/Dojo]
____Grim Hall [Administrative District & Mission Board]
____Frostwood Medical Center [Hospital]
____Silver Wing Institute [Research Center]

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
____A wooden wall surrounds the district, sharpened logs that stand about ten feet high. Guard posts look out over the wall every hundred feet or so.
____There are three ways into and out of the district. The first is a gate on the north and south ends on the main road to allow carts and other vehicles through. Foot traffic is discouraged. Likewise, connecting all of the districts is a series of bridges overlooking the road, and several zip-lines, though it only goes one direction for the moment: down.

______________K n o w n R e s o u r c e s ||
____ None.

______________R u l e s ||
____Follow the laws as set forth by the claim holder. They can be found in the Administrative District.
____In order to open a shop, it must be approved by a claim holder, and you are required to show proof of wares to sell. You will be expected to provide supplies for the town, or at least 10% of your earnings to the town to help it expand. If you have no wares to sell, crafting stations are available for members of the hub to use for free. As far as listing wares for sale, you may create a thread specifically for your shop, list them in your profile thread and provide a link, or have a moderator update the wares list. Whichever option, shops and wares will be listed in the post below.
____All borrowed scrolls must be returned upon completion of using them. Failure to return scrolls is considered theft and punishable. Likewise, copies made without permission is considered theft and punishable.

______________C l a i m i n g ||
____Claim Holder || Musunde Hiraite [Tenshuyami]
________Sub-Claim Holders ||
________ • Kaileer Cein'lys [Royal Taorito]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:55 am
[鉄]____S h o p s____[鉄]

[Coming soon =D]  

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:47 pm
User Image

㊌ ☾ ☾ ☾ Kira Yamata ☽ ☽ ☽ ㊌

[-entering from entrance-]

Kira came in with a sack full of what he had gathered from his short time in the forest and it was no surprise that the business where booming from the amount of trade. Kira's doubt where coming to fruitition as trades of coin and barter where passed off like water into the body and at such meager amounts as well. At this point he had no high hopes of gaining much in the ways of much bartering but he at least needed his armor repaired so he could go back out and make a bigger catch this time around dammit!

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:44 am
User Image_______________The Narrator Whispers... ||
[I'm... assuming you're entering a specific shop, and not just the district? Please make sure you provide more details when you're expecting a post from me, or I won't be able to do anything.]

The shop you entered was sparse, but what it did contain was perfectly organized and clean. A fireplace was lit against one wall, providing both light and warmth, a nice escape from the outside. A young man about the same age as you stood at a makeshift counter, inspecting some items before him with a magnifying glass. His long-ish hair was pin up, letting the bright red locks fan behind his head, a stark contrast to his fairly pale skin. Grey eyes didn't shift from their work at your presence, though a slight change in his stance showed that he knew you were there--if the groaning of the door hadn't been enough.

"Welcome!" he said enthusiastically, finally looking up, a smile lighting up his face. "How can I help... you..." He trailed off, however, his gaze traveling over the body on your shoulders, and moving onto the blood stain and hole in the arm of your armor. Suddenly the young man looked nervous, despite the confident exterior. "Are you, ah... alright? That wound looks pretty bad."

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:35 am
User Image

Kira's attempt at a first impression when he walked into the shop was, pretty bad as the young red head looked at him and automatically saw the large hole in kira's armor. Kira looked down and then to him his eyes and face covered by his helmet,

"I'm fine ran into what i assume where goblins, speaking of" Kira than walked quickly up to the counter and placed his bag on the counter. the body of the 'goblin' he had scavenged on top,

"This little b*****d and two others jumped me. i tried to give them water for the inconvenience of setting of MY trap and they attacked me. Didn't want the body to go to waste though i figured you or some alchemist around here could make use of his body. betterment of the community and all that also"
Kira would then remove the corpse gentely onto a clean blanket onto the counter and open his pack to show the yoroi armor, and rabbit skins,

"These are from my time in the woulds. I couldnt get a full set out of the pit trap i had because the helmet was split in half beyond repair but i hope the armor is good enough. the rabbit fur's should be good enough to make some mittens. im sure those would be nice in a cold town like this"
Kira would say before finally getting to the waterskin and organ sack he had in the bottom

"The waterskin is made up of diluted ooze made from the goblins companion when he used up to much chakra. it turned into this black liquid. i used the surrounding snow to pour it in the skin. the content of the sack next to it is the rabbit organs, bones, eyes, anything useful again to any alchemist who wants it... How much can i get for all of this?" Kira would say before falling down on his a**, not unconscious but tired from his long days travel

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:11 am
The young man looked skeptical, but said nothing more regarding the injury, his gaze turning instead to inspect the body of the goblin, cringing slightly from its presence. He was not particularly thrilled with the dead thing brought into his shop, but chose to give you the benefit of the doubt. "The mask is still intact, and I could probably get some ichor from it..." he muttered aloud, although he seemed to be talking to himself. "But it's going to make a mess..."

Stepping back from the goblin, his gaze moved to see what else you were talking about. At the sight of the armor, his eyes went wide, and he backed up quickly before realizing what you'd said. "T-the helmet is gone?" he placed a hand against his chest, sighing in relief. "Good grief. If that thing were still alive and you brought it here, well... We would have the wrath of the guard on us if it didn't kill us first." His brow furrowed then, and grey eyes moved to you. "You... don't know what these things are, do you?" he asked, looking nervous. "Are you fresh out of the chrysalis?" It was an earnest question, but he didn't dwell on it. "Those monsters are yokai. Fades, if you prefer. They despise us, and want us dead. But to defeat an Animated Armor..." Rubbing his bare chin, he leaned closer to the armor to get a better look, mumbling to himself again. "No, you said it fell into a trap. How unusual. Normally they're more observant than that." He continued, going on for a moment, but the words were inaudible."

Finally, though, he stepped back once more, giving a half-hearted grin. "I don't have a whole lot in the way of money--it's still a fairly rare commodity here--but... I'll give you seven-fifty [750] ryo for all of it. Otherwise, you can trade it for some items in my shop, and I'll pay out whatever's left. If anything."

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:22 am
User Image

Kira looked at the man as he asked if he was fresh out of the crystals and responded with,

"Yeah, over a month ago, i have no F*ckin idea whats going on around here i just know my skills. Also to be fair, the pit fall trap was covered with grass, irt and some sticks it would be hard to notice." Kira would sit as the man looked over the stuff he brought in and said the amount of 750 ryo, "Better than nothing i suppose. Thank you. how much ryo would it take to repair my armor? as you can see this scale mail is a bit... damaged" Kira would say as the rest of the damaged shoulder comically fell off, "...okay more than damaged... Also is there a hospital around here? i need some wounds looked at"

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:14 pm
The shopkeep's smile faded a bit, and there was a brief flash of annoyance. But it was gone as quickly as it came as he decided to explain to you his grievance instead of ignore it, since you appeared to be new. "This is just a general shop. I'll buy pretty much anything, but I'm no good when it comes to actually crafting things. I mean, this armor your selling is the only armor I have." He pointed toward the door. "If you need armor repaired, I'd suggest talking to Karin or Shigetoki over by the forge. The two of them are the best armorsmiths we have. You could probably either buy new armor, or have them repair it if they're able." He gestured to his red hair. "Karin has copper colored hair and is really tall. She's the easier of the two to find 'cause she stands out."

Finally dropping his hands, he fished through a pouch under his counter. "As for the hospital, our medical district is the next district north, if you cross the bridge to the north west of here. It's not much of a hospital, but they'll treat you well." He opened his palm, revealing a stack of gold-colored coins with holes through the center. "If there's nothing else that I can provide you with, here's your money." He set the coins on the counter and pushed them forward.

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:46 pm
User Image

Kira looked at him for a moment, if it where a manga a serious of dots would appear above his head before his statement would be spoke,

"Okay so this town is full of redheads like me, cool. In that case in this general store what items does a general store sell?... im kinda new at buying stuff i mostly was given weapons and arms from the shinobi center back in the past and all i had to due was give them my mission salary and deduct it from that. so i haven't exactly done the whole 'bartering' thing. All i know is that money is involved and i need to talk to people. certain people have skills and some dont. that is the extant of my knowledge from there." If the shopkeeper could see Kira's blank face he would know that he was both serious and oblivious to what this world and how the world worked other than money and people talking.

He finally took off his helmet revealing the scars on his fresh looking face and the red hair that seemed to grey out just a little from the center. his red eyes looking at you blankly without much care and more of a curious child, again oblivious to the world around him. It was after he took the helmet off that he thought of something, "does this store sell any kind of information regarding the wilds? mainly monster manuals or animal encyclopedia's? Once im fixed up i plan to go out again with the intention of getting a bigger haul.and if those things are as dangerous as you say i need information...

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:40 am
Another twinge of... something. It wasn't quite annoyance this time, but confusion maybe at what exactly the young man before him was. Not a normal human being, that was for sure. "You... ah..." Grey eyes continued staring at you for a long moment in contemplation. Finally he lifted a hand to the side, gesturing to the walls around him. "I, um, sell pretty much anything I can get. Clothes, tools, food..." He squinted at you, brow furrowing. "You didn't wake up with amnesia, but you don't have any idea how a store works? Like... how did you buy food, or... did you just wear your armor twenty-four-seven? That's not healthy you know." Skepticism leaked into his voice, which was likely unintentional, but he seemed completely dumbfounded, as if he were unsure if you were telling the truth or just pulling his leg.

Still grinning awkwardly, he looked down at the counter, wiping off dust that wasn't actually there. "I mean, maybe if this was as old as you ever made it, then maybe you just relied on your parents, but, damn--" he stopped himself, and his pace shifted, initial shock seeming to be over. "Alright. This isn't a video game, if that's how you're trying to treat it. Price tags are on the items on the walls and shelves. You can look for things that will equal up to any amount up to seven-fifty. As for manuals, dude, we've been awake for three months. What paper we have is reserved for administration and technique scrolls. If you want info, I'd suggested talking to the scouts. They mostly hang around the south gate and the training grounds when they're not out, well, scouting."

[Note: This is just the NPC's reaction, so no offense intended. Message me on the side what items you'd like to look for and I'll tell you if the shop has it, because I don't have time to list everything.]

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:48 pm
User Image

Kira's red eyes looked at him as soon as he spoke about his parents and a sense of bloodlust washed over him for a minute before calming down. Kira lowered his head as he said, "I was raised in Kirikagre, a village that at one time was known as 'blood mist' before i was put in a crystal. a man known as heserik had the shinobi train us like mindless soldiers. The bastards secret police killed MY PARENTS because they didnt like this idea. I am not a mindless soldier, I just know my trade to damn well, I was in my armor being chastised by four elders when the crystal captured me. Whether thats a blessing or curse, who knows."

"So no, I did not always wear my armor, i did not rely on my parents, and because of my upbringing i have no f*cking idea what a video game is... Now then I'm sorry for the rude context and my life story on your mind. Also I am sorry i did not know how far anyone else was awake for As i have just stated I just woke up a month ago. But if you have one do you at least have a list or catalog of what you have in shop besides the things i just sold you? that way i know in the future of what to buy?" When Kira finished He tried his best to keep his anger and rude outburst in check. obviously this was his first time speaking to a person in a long time without mocking them in a fight or at least telling them that they where already dead [;D] but to that effort there was a glint of sadness under the anger before he looked at the fellow redhead.

[ooc: dont worry i get yeah xD just remember the same when you read this post]
Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:07 pm
As your anger grew, the shopkeep's expression grew grim, a hand going to the hilt of a knife at his side. But the moment the anger dissipated, the young man relaxed again, though his smile did not return and his gaze did not leave you. He knew he was at fault for provoking you, but in the sense he had been thinking out loud more than anything. Regardless, his lips drew thin when you asked about a catalog of supplies. "Stock's always changing, and, like I said, we don't have the paper to spare to make a list. Sorry." Finally, he tore his wary gaze away from you and removed his hand from his weapon, turning to get a closer look at the wares he had purchased from you. After a moment, he picked up the goblin corpse--holding it out in front of him to avoid getting the black liquid on him--and carried it away to a room at the back of the shop, out of sight of any potential customers. That would be something to deal with later.

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:55 pm
User Image

Looking at the man's arm gesture he could see he was aiming to grab a knife he had on his person, which was understandable, i mean a man walks in asks whether or not you have stuff, gets told no and now gets angry? But when they both calmed down and the shop keep said he didnt have a list Kira sighed his eyes closed in disappointment. As the red head went to get the goblin body away from prying eye's Kira thought of something, "Do you perhaps have any scrolls? preferably ones that already have jutsu's inscribed on them?" kira asked hoping that out of all things ninja scrolls would be a common tool to end up in a general shop. Kira then looked at his old armored and sighed as he thought to himself, "I might aswell get some new armor... no sense holding onto the past' With that in mind Kira took off the rest of his scale mail and knowing full well that the leg plates, left bracer, and helmet where good he would ask, "Also i would like to bargain the last three remaining good armor bits i have if you want them!" Kira would be fine with his shinobi attire for now. All he had to do was go to the blacksmithy and then go to a damn hospital to get fixed up.

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:27 pm
The dumbfounded look lit the shopkeep's face again, the tension from a moment before seemingly forgotten. "Scrolls?" he echoed. "I-I mean, I have some blank parchment for sale, but it's expensive. And even if you did buy it, copying technique scrolls without permission is a violation of our laws. Even getting access to the scrolls requires you becoming a member of Ikeinasu." He gestured to a shelf in which the sheets of parchment lay. Each bundle was labeled with "400両". "But if you're still interested, they're right there. I'll trade you the remained of the armor for a stack of parchment. There's fifty sheets in it. So that should give you an idea of just how valuable paper is here." He dropped his arm back to his size, looking away uncomfortably. "If becoming a permanent resident is something you fancy, the Administrative District is the next district after the Hospital. You can talk to Kaileer there about staying. He's our leader, I guess."

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:44 pm
User Image

Kira looked at the fifty sheets and the remained armor bits he had and nodded in agreement taking them gingerly and with care, "this is... a whole new world indeed. back in our day this stuff is simple to find all you needed was someone to inscribe a jutsu of the level you wanted and you'd pay for the amount of the class of jutsu it was..." Kira than heard of becoming a residence of the area and looked at the parchment and then turned his head like a cute dog curious and thinking of something, "maybe i should consider that then... does this 'Kaileer' have any rules when it comes to shinobi's?" Kira asked as he collected the rest of his money into a thin leather bag and to the door before awaiting his answer.

When his answer was given He would head over to the black smith's he was told about and called out to the name he had been given, "Blacksmith Karin! Blacksmith Karin! I acquire your assistance i need some armor made please?" Kira would say wandering into the shop examining the walls smelling the vague smell of charcoal the heat of the forge escaping into the front entrance. the faintest sound of hammers could be heard in the back but he couldn't tell if it was the person he was looking for. Wanting to know more about this place and its world Kira went to investigate like a curious red headed cat into the back to see if he could find Karin or any other smith that was working. whether to barter or to learn new tricks was hard to say at that moment in time all kira wanted to do was look around, watch, and absorb his surroundings.

Royal Taorito

________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 10 11 12 13 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces