Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Grim Hall [Administrative/Mission Board] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:54 am
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Ikeinasu - Grim Hall

The young woman followed without hesitation. Despite the language barrier, she held herself confidently. She was a warrior for sure, given the weapon she carried and her armor. However, I found myself closely--albeit discreetly--watching every move she made, as if some primal part of me was afraid she was a threat, even though she gave off no sign of being one. Maybe it was because I was exhausted, and the attacks had me on edge; my tired mind assumed the worst in everything. Why would she be there to cause harm, you idiot? She was just here for help.

Regardless of my feelings, she enthusiastically gestured at the map of the area we had been slowly filling out over the last three months. It was made from the tattered remains of a log of the old world, and we'd been comparing it to what we found now in order to determine what all had changed. And the answer was a lot. The whole country seemed to have turned on its head. "That's a 'map'," I said softly, pulling my attention back to her. I watched with mild interest as she picked up a pelt that had been lain on the floor to help with warmth. "That's 'fur' or a 'pelt'." Pushing off the desk once more, I made my way over to the wall in which it hung. Placing a finger on the administration district, I trace south, through the market and to the southern gates. "The forest here is best for hunting," I explained as simply as possible. I moved my hand to the north gate. "This way is dangerous, so don't go there."

I noticed then how apathetic I sounded, at pretty much started at the realization. Retreating a few steps so she could get a better view of the map, I gave her a small grin. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 85 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]
• State of Power: Half [.5] rank increase to physical strength and speed.

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +1.0 x Speed: +1.0
• Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:
• Unnamed Parry - C - Strength: B - Speed: B
• Unnamed Overhead Strike - C - Strength: A - Speed: B
:list::list: - Enhanced by Overpower

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Jenni Deer

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 330 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 11 / 15 [+1]
                                          tab .EXP : 16905 .RYO : 両2600 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:19 pm
User Image
𝔏𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔦

|| ||

Quote:
Ah! "Map! Yes! You're welcome! No... wait.. uh." She paused for a moment, trying to remember what was it that she was taught. "Oh, thank you." She said with a confident smile. These were hard and trying times. Her village has it's moments, but there was one thing for sure, their spirits were never down. It was an everlasting flame. No storm or wind can put it out. "Fur! Ah..." She placed the thin fur back down. She wondered how much longer that thin pelt would last. Not much longer. There were patches missing already. She stood back to the map. He pointed at an area that had pictures of trees and called it a forest. Funny! How do humans come up with these names?! Then he made movements towards the north gate and didn't understood the word dangerous but understood don't. Her brows furrowed slightly as she frowned a little, "No no?" She questioned, to clearly it was what she understood. Her eyes glance back to the map, her fingers barely touching it as she was afraid to accidentally ruin it. She went to the window and looked for the sun to figure out which way was which. As her ancestry, that was a trait she was proud to continue on. To have a good sense of direction. It was then she froze for a moment. Would... the stars here be the same as it was at her home?

Her heart broke. She missed... No. She can't think that right now. This village was kind to her so she must repay! Her fingers pointed to where the sun rises and as she slowly went away from the window, to where the sunset. She now has the map memorized in her head. "Skol, brother." Her hand was outstretched, but it was odd. This wasn't for a normal handshake or her hand would be at a certain angle. Instead, her forearm was up in 90 degrees. What she was aiming for him to grasp her forearm and she would do the same to his. It was her way of greeting.

This warrior then doubt if he knew her greeting? Or would he be offended? No matter, Lorelei would use this as a learning experience. "Lorelei." She finally introduced herself.

|| ||

Athlete l Water l Wind l 50/50 Mana l 100/100 Stamina

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:00 pm
User Image

I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.

Again I watched in silence as she sorted out my words in her head, and the moved to the window as if looking for something. She glanced toward the sun, and followed its path to the opposite horizon before returning to the center of the room where she raised her arm in greeting. A handshake but more intimate than the normal one, one fairly common with the Stragari. It was a bit strange, not something I'd often seen done between strangers, but it seemed to be her home's version of a greeting. You can't trust a complete stranger. Shut up. What if the yokai can disguise themselves? Get out of my head!

I gritted my teeth but forced a smile and returned her friendly gesture, clasping her arm. "Kaileer," I offered in kind. "If I can help you with anything else, let me know." Again, the best I could do was use simple words and hope she understood.

Counter | 86 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:
• Unnamed Parry - C - Strength: B - Speed: B
• Unnamed Overhead Strike - C - Strength: A - Speed: B
:list::list: - Enhanced by Overpower

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Jenni Deer

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 345 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 12 / 15 [+1]
                                          tab .EXP : 16930 .RYO : 両2600 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 5:53 pm
User Image
𝔏𝔬𝔯𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔦

|| ||

Quote:
Oh! He understood the handshake! Her eyebrow rose as she was curious about how he learned it or more importantly, where? No matter, until she picks up on the language more and more, for now, this greeting would have to do. Lorelei was usually pretty good with body language as she noticed with his force smile as she patted his arm with her free hand as the other was clasp with his. "Kai-leer..." She said a few times, to make sure she had it and understood it. She removed her arm and nodded with a smile. "Thank you." She had the feeling that he doesn't want to be here anymore or rather, for her to be here. With that hint, she took her spear and left the room to go towards the forest for hunting. Maybe stop somewhere first to see if she can find something to keep her warm during hunting?

[ Exit ]

|| ||

Athlete l Water l Wind l 50/50 Mana l 100/100 Stamina

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:59 am
User Image
Meissa approached the administrative district and noticed with a small amount of surprise and trepidation that there was a court house and a jail. It was good that there was a justice system and reassuring that she wasn't already imprisoned somewhere, but she had an awful feeling that if things went wrong here she would find herself entering those buildings in chains.

As she came up to the main building, she stepped around to the side and produced another jewel, hoping that this one would be a bit flatter so she could inspect her appearance. No such luck, unfortunately, so she slid it into a different pocket than the others and started rifling through her backpack. She pulled out her mess kit, found the plate inside it, and then used that as a makeshift mirror. It wasn't perfect, but it did let her see what she needed to.

She had aged in reverse. Where she had been in her twenties before, she had somehow reverted to about 15. All her gear was still intact and her clothes seemed to have survived without any wear due to age. Their sizing was a bit off, as she'd noticed while walking around; to compensate for this before she could properly fix them, she rolled up her pant legs and tucked them into her boots, then adjusted the rest of her clothing so it didn't feel so loose. If she wound up needing to run, she didn't her clothes getting in the way.

That done, she put everything away again, adjusted her appearance one last time, and then headed into the administrative building. She made her way into the building and toward what looked to be an information desk or perhaps a secretary.

"Good day," she opened a bit stiffly. "I was directed here by Eito from the hospital. I'm looking for information. Until just a little bit ago I was in some sort of shell or cocoon." She produced the fragment of her cocoon that she'd stowed in her pocket, holding it out in case they wanted to see it. "To be quite honest, I'm a bit at a loss for what to make of all of this. Any help or direction would be appreciated."

Current Goal: Information gathering.

Mana: 150/150
Stamina: 50/50
Experience: 125
Money: 0

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (5/20):
  1. 50/50
  2. 50/50
  3. 50/50
  4. 50/50
  5. 50/50

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Weaponry: Senbon x30 (in a bundle on her belt, below her backpack)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 2:27 pm
User Image

A war waged inside of my head, and I hardly noticed the girl--it was Lorelei, right?--leave. I'd had some intrusive thoughts ever since waking in the new world, but nothing so blatant. Whatever part of me was trying to convince me no one was trustworthy had almost won out. But, then, how could anything be trusted in an unknown place?

I punched my desk, and the pain of doing so made all other thoughts flee for a blissful moment, letting me focus instead on my now throbbing hand. This paranoia was bringing my anger to the surface, too, and that wasn't a good thing. I didn't need to lash out at someone unintentionally.

I needed some fresh air, and the best course for that was probably to figure out where Fiorzia disappeared to. She was the one presence I never seemed to question.

My hand paused on the door handle at the sound of voices beyond. First one I didn't recognize. Now I was no expert on recognizing every person's voice, but with my paranoia as present as it was, I couldn't bring myself to move for a moment, listening instead to what was being said. Eito had sent her, and she had some questions that needed answered. Another newly woken by the sounds of it. A heartbeat later, the secretary, Maona, answered. "Ah..." She sounded vaguely annoyed, as always, although she still claimed she enjoyed her work. "Let me see if-"

I pushed the door open, letting myself into the lobby. The white-haired secretary looked some cross between confused and surprised. "I'm free to answer any questions," I said, to which she scowled slightly and returned to reading her book. My gaze shifted to the newcomer. Likewise pale-haired and slender, she looked a bit younger than myself. "Kaileer," I offered, and then gestured for her to follow me back into the office. Fresh air could wait a few more minutes.

I took up my usual spot at the front of the desk, leaning against it, and waited until the girl had situated herself--there was a chair available if she chose to sit. "If I overheard correctly, you've just woken?" It was more a rhetorical question. "So I'm sure you'd like to know where you are. I will warn you that it's a lot to take in, so if you need me to slow down, just say so." The reactions of Wakeners was always worrisome. While some did take it fairly well, others refused to believe what they heard. And yet others seemed calm when they left only to surrender their lives to the forest because they didn't want to live in this new world. There was only so much that I could do to console them.

I took a deep, steadying breath, and dove into it, albeit carefully. "To start with, you are in Tetsu no Kuni, or simply the Iron Country, just outside what remains of the capital Tsukihara Hana." I gave the statement a moment to settle before continuing. "More than likely, several centuries have passed since the last time you were awake, and the world you knew is all but gone."

Counter | 87 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 360 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 13 / 15 [+1]

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 4:12 pm
User Image
Meissa glanced at Kaileer, then back to the secretary. She gave a short bow, then stepped around the desk to follow him into the other room. The way she felt when she walked into that office must have been the same way so many others felt when approaching her, back when she had a more important place in the military bureaucracy of the Sand. It was slightly intimidating.

"You may call me Meissa," she reintroduced herself. "I hail from the Sand Village."

The name "Kaileer" rang a bell, but she didn't really believe that this lad could be the same person. If anything, someone using that name was a fairly solid sign this was an illusion, albeit one cast by someone who didn't have a good idea of her relations with foreign leaders. There was also the chance that this was an unrelated person who just happened to share the same name, but it was unique enough that even that would be cause for question.

"The Iron Country, you say?" she repeated as she took a seat. Now that she'd gotten over the initial shock, everything felt muted. She looked over at Kaileer from behind her blindfold for a moment, then lowered the hood of her cloak to let her white hair free. "That would explain the temperature. I'm used to warmer climes, myself. I have many questions, but if it really has been several centuries most of them are moot. I now know where and when I am. The next question is: how did I come to be here? The Iron Country is a long way away from the Wind Country. I'd also like to know what that cocoon was, why my Chakra network isn't functioning properly, and what became of the Sand, if you don't mind."

Meissa paused for a moment, weighing whether she wanted to verify her suspicions of this person's identity. If this was an illusion, this entire meeting was likely a trap to coax information out of her. She'd have to keep things vague if she wanted to pursue that line of questioning, but... she hadn't ever actually met that Kaileer. To verify that the fabric of this world wasn't breaking down even around this person--as it might in a poorly-crafted illusion--she tried to knead her Chakra again. Sure enough, a blue-black jewel appeared in her hand.

She decided to go for it.

"In case it means anything to you: my successor was Ayame. If I had to guess, your last name is Cein'lys."

Current Goal: Information gathering.

Experience: 150

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (6/20):
  1. 50/50
  2. 50/50
  3. 50/50
  4. 50/50
  5. 50/50
  6. 50/50

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:29 pm
User Image

So she was from the Sand Village. I had no particular opinions of the place, although I knew there was some tension between them and Mist. In the chaos of the last several months, I hadn't even considered what became of debatably the most powerful nation of my former life. I hadn't considered what became of any of the other countries, to be honest. But, then, my focus had been on surviving and building a community here and now.

After noting she was used to warmer weather, Meissa asked several questions, all of which were much more in depth than most asked. I took a moment to gather my thoughts before answering each in turn. "There are a variety of reasons you may haven ended up here. In the old world, there was a 'plague' or a 'curse, whatever you want to call it, that began to crystallize people. At first, it was just those that had died, but eventually even the living were taken by it. Hundreds of years later, anyone aged sixteen or younger have slowly been waking up in an unfamiliar world." I crossed my arms. "Which means for some reason, at some point your age was reversed, allowing you to survive." I glanced to the side and out one of the windows in the room, shifting my weight to something more comfortable. The 'cocoon' that we all woke from is some sort of indestructible crystal. Nothing we have tried so far has even been able to scratch it, but every now and then it shatters, waking someone, like what you experienced. Hence 'Wakeners'."

"The only catch,"
I continued after a brief pause, "Is that we woke without knowledge of most of the abilities we had before we were crystallized. Most of us woke in peak physical health, but we'd lost the years of training we'd had up until this point." My gaze returned to her. "As for Sand, I honestly couldn't tell you what became of it. I haven't traveled yet outside of the surrounding area, and we've had little contact from beyond."

Her final statement caught me off guard. I knew a bit about Ayame, although we'd only met maybe once. But what was more, Meissa knew of me, and her statement suggested she had been Kazekage before Ayame. Unfortunately, I knew little about the history of the other villages. I'd never cared much for politics until I was forced to face it. The annoying voice from before told me to take caution answering her, but I ignored it. "It is. Kaileer Cein'lys. I was Raikage during a good part of Ayame's time as kage." And then I ran away from my responsibilities to live with a bunch of giants for a decade, but that was besides the point.

Counter | 87 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 375 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 14 / 15 [+1]

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 6:33 am
User Image
That was one suspicion confirmed, but Kaileer's other answers raised more questions than they answered. She didn't remember feeling particularly different during the last memory she had before waking up here, so if it was a plague, its onset was extremely fast. A curse might make sense, assuming it was a wide-area Fuuin or something similar; at least, she knew of techniques to petrify people against their will, and the particular behaviors of this crystal sounded like a seal. That at least would match up with a time-delayed release mechanism. As for aging in reverse, the only idea that came to mind was interference from an outside party, likely her sister or maybe her uncle. They'd certainly have the wherewithal to get past a seal or two and could probably find a way to age her backward, though she couldn't begin to imagine the mechanism behind that function.

She stood up. Even with all those questions answered, she needed more information. Even as she could feel herself recovering from the cocoon, she could tell there was a gaping chasm between her current abilities and what she had had before waking up. She may have been in "peak physical condition" in that she felt perfectly healthy, but she had lost all of her training, as the former Raikage had stated.

She needed the training and protection that only a Village could offer. It was clear what she had to do from here onward.

"Raikage Kaileer Cein'lys," she spoke with an air of formality as she bowed her head. "It is my honor to meet you as a representative of the Hidden Sand. I wish it could be on better terms, but such things are not always in our control." She raised her head again before continuing, this time less stiffly: "Thank you for the information. I realize these are extraordinary circumstances and this may be considered impertinent, but I have a request: until such time as I'm able to return to my Village or ascertain what has become of it, I would like access to any training grounds and libraries in Ikeinasu and someplace to live. By way of payment, I will use my skills and knowledge to benefit Ikeinasu in whatever capacity is deemed appropriate. Is such an arrangement agreeable?"

She felt another jewel appear in her hand and was worried for a second that it would fall before she could grab it. Surprisingly, it stayed put, floating about a centimeter away from her palm. She'd have to look into that.

Current Goal: Negotiating a stay in Ikeinasu.

Experience: 175

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (7/20):
  1. 50/50
  2. 50/50
  3. 50/50
  4. 50/50
  5. 50/50
  6. 50/50
  7. 50/50

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:09 pm
User Image

Feeling more at ease as my paranoia retreated, I let myself relax a bit. Having absorbed the information I gave her, Meissa stood and bowed her head, formally referring to me by my former title. However, she likewise seemed to let her guard down, even if only slightly, and requested a place to stay and use of our resources. I gave her a small grin before she finished speaking. "It's just 'Kaileer'. That title means nothing here. I am their leader, but more like a first among equals." I nodded my head toward the door. "Anyone is allowed to stay as long as they like, and use what facilities or materials they need, so long as they give back to the community. Although our academy and libraries are a little lacking for now, due to most books and scrolls not surviving centuries of neglect. And Maona, the... pleasant young woman you met out there, can set you up with to stay. Otherwise, you're free to come and go as you like."

My gaze drifted away for a moment to the map that depicted the area we had explored so far, which consisted mostly of the surrounding forest and valley to the south, but also a good portion of the city's outskirts. "I would advise you to avoid going up the mountain though. As I mentioned, our town is just outside the ruins of Tsukihara. Creatures known as 'Fades'--or 'Yokai' as they call themselves--have taken over the city. Most have shown nothing but hostility towards us, and the city is teeming with them." I turned my attention back to Meissa. "The forest has some as well, but nothing like the numbers we've seen there. I can't stop you from going in, but if you decide to, just be careful."

My smile returned slightly, having gotten through the grave news. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Counter | 88 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Ergo War

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 390 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 15 / 15 [+1]
                                          tab .EXP : 17030 .RYO : 両2600 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:01 pm
User Image
Meissa listened to Kaileer's explanation of the housing situation and found it refreshingly straightforward. Back in the Sand, she'd stayed at the family household and dealt with all the legal and financial hurdles that came with, so the prospect of getting housing in exchange for work was a delightfully simple solution to that problem. Not that she let the emotion show on her face; her expression remained neutral as it would throughout the rest of the exchange.

She slid down her blindfold to see the map when the leader-but-equal started to elucidate some of its contents. The change in Kaileer's demeanor was notable; in fact, the woman mentioned it in the notes she took, finding a small amount of pleasure at still having stationery in her pack. Scouting would need to be done quickly; perhaps, she thought, that would be her first task.

"I think I have a rough understanding of the situation," she answered, sliding her blindfold back up and pocketing her notebook. "For the time being, I'll consult with Miss Maona and then head to the library. Given the circumstances, I'll prioritize getting my bearings and training. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to working together in the future, Kaileer."

She bowed slightly and showed herself out. On her way out of the building, she consulted with Maona about accommodations and oriented herself in the city based on what she could remember of the map. She also pocketed the bead that had been hovering off of her hand and another one that took its place, bringing her total up to eight. Investigations for a less public area, she concluded. When she was mentally prepared for the task, she stepped out into the cold wind and set off into the city.

Current Goal: Leaving to explore the city and train.

Experience: 200

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (8/20):
  1. 50/50
  2. 50/50
  3. 50/50
  4. 50/50
  5. 50/50
  6. 50/50
  7. 50/50
  8. 50/50

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:17 pm
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira walked in a calm rush, much like the one kid who wanted to get to class before anyone else including the bell, and walked past the pale woman with white hair making only a small note of another new face he hasnt seen. In any case Kira would hurry into the building. He found moana, the secretary, sitting in her normal spot reading her book. He knew he was probably looking like a recurring pest at this point however Kira had to deliver the information to kaileer.

Upon moving towards the desk Kira slapped the desk gently to get her attention and asked "I'm sorry to disturb you and the office at this time but is Kaileer in? I need to report a yokai attack from within the... I think you call them 'Capital outskirts'?" Kira would wait for the moment when her attention was towards him to answer his inquiry and report

[Actions Taken:]

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:55 am
User Image

Before I'd gotten the chance to get comfortable after Meissa's departure, I heard another voice from beyond the door. A familiar one at this point. I sighed, still having not gotten to relax between everything, and pushed myself up. As I approached the door, I heard Maona respond. "He is. Go on in." Thanks. But I couldn't fault her. She was just doing her job. However, I was half tempted to make an escape through one of the windows.

Better judgment won out, and I pulled open the door. "You heard the lady," I said flatly, but then smiled slightly to show there were no hard feelings. I nodded into the room, inviting Kira in, and retreated to my desk, opting to sit in the chair this time instead of perch on the desk. "You said something about an attack?" It wasn't too uncommon for patrols that went into the outskirts. Regardless of the casualties, we needed to scout out the territory. But it hurt every time I received a report. I felt useless. I wished I could do it all myself so that no one else had to put themselves in harms way. But that couldn't happen. I had my limits, and without Soraru the town had no one to lead them. No one else was willing. I gestured to Kira. "Tell me what happened."

Counter | 89 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 420 / 600 [+30] .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 17080 .RYO : 両2600 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:43 am
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

As Moana told him that Kaileer was in, out popped the door as he beckoned Kira to follow. As the man retreated behind his desk Kira couldn't help but feel nosralgic at feeling this was like a mission return report from back in his days as a shinobi. When Kaileer asked to talk to him Kira gave a shook his head in acknowledgement, pulling down his mask to talk more clearly.

"Yes sir. I do not know the full spectrum of what happened, The small one at the smithy I frequent had a bad feeling about Karin, the smith, So I said I would check the situation out. I went to the.. outskirts as you call them. other than a racoon I started to hear the sound of fighting. When I arrived... When I arrived one of the patrol guards was charred into cinders. Karin and the other two where all that was left. I was able to disperse some but this larger red yokai,,," Kira paused for a moment trying to make sense of his next topic and figuring out how to explain it to kaileer that wouldn't overly frighten him "..well he was able to speak and had a well kept sword, like he took care of it. He used fire to try and burn us, one of the guards is now in the hospital with severe burns, karin is fine thank the gods..However we were not the one to defeat the red one. someone with tanned skin, a yellow hood, and I think they where yellow or at least golden glowing eyes. Managed to slay the beast. I wish i knew who he was so i could thank him... Thats my report sir."

With the summary done and over with Kira pulled his mask back up though the look of worry didnt leave his face and eyes, "Sir... another thing is that this Red yokai was able to call for something larger as reinforcements. If I may be allowed to suggest, we should try and surround the town with a barrier spell if one isn't already in place. We should also have long range Casters a couple meters from the barrier so they can launch the spells through it. like the castle ballista of elder times" Kira hoped that the suggestions he made would be good enough for the town's safety any less than that and he may have to worry on what to do to order to protect Karin and her smithy shop.

[Actions Taken:]

Royal Taorito

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:44 pm
User Image

So there was a casualty, and another potentially severely injured. A pang of regret shot through me, even though I knew there was nothing I could have done to change the results. As for the large yokai he mentioned, it was not uncommon for weaker yokai to follow a stronger one. By the sounds of it, I guessed it was an Amanojaku. "Many of the humanoid fades can speak and understand our language. I think it might be thanks to remnant memories of their past lives. But most are fully sentient creatures, able to think and plan, so never underestimate them." I sat back in my seat, intrigued by the mention of the boy. "We have a few reports of him helping patrols, but he never stays long and hardly speaks."

I frowned slightly as Kira continued, listening to his proposition of a barrier and casters. While the thought was appreciated, resources didn't allow it. "It's Kaileer," I corrected him, having grown steadily more annoyed as he continued saying 'sir'. "I'm the first among equals and I'd prefer to be treated that way." I shook my head, brushing it aside. It was a pet peeve of mine but not important. "As much as I would love to fortify the town in such a way, the amount of... mana," I had to catch myself from saying 'chakra', "we would need to support it would need some sort of source. Having helped Kumogakure take to the sky, I know of materials that can support it, but we haven't found any yet. That aside we don't have enough people who are capable of using such spells to be worthwhile. For now, physical walls will have to do."

Counter | 90 / 200

Active Effects:

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 450 / 600 [+30] .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 17105 .RYO : 両2600 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces