Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Grim Hall [Administrative/Mission Board] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:19 am
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

As Kaileer shot kira a annoyed look on his addressing him as 'sir' Kira furrowed his brow uncomfortably It wasntr that he couldn't respect the man's request but it felt so improper for a rank and file to address the leadership so... formerly. Past that however Kaileer did explain why he couldn't manage to have the village fortified in such a manner. Kira gave a nod as he understood the problems at hand.,

"Sorry for my....sense of propriety. I've been used to talking to my superiors or leadership with such formalities.. I may not quickly adjust to calling someone like yourself by there name alone.. Kaileer Sir. After that little kerfuffle Kira took a breath trying to think of what to do and how to help. However, the current state of his well being is, for the most part, Broke a** and weak. With a defeated sigh Kira said,

"I hate to say this but it'll probably be a couple days before im able to be available or do much of anything... have no armor and my muscles are weak from the constant use they've had to do the last couple days... I'll be collecting my funds for the last few missions and be off then, When I'm better equipped i'll come by again and see what I can do to help... always seems like everyones hands are full as it is"

[Actions Taken:]

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:39 am
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Ikeinasu - Grim Hall

I sighed inwardly, calming my annoyance. His response was the same as many. They felt uncomfortable calling someone they viewed as higher status by name. The problem was that I didn't want to be thought of as above them. While I'd always had conflict with those of authority--I used to outright ignore both the leaders of my clan and my parents, which got me into a lot of trouble when I was a kid--, I also didn't really want to be a leader. I said nothing regarding Kira's explanation, so as not to cause more stress there.

He went on to explain that he had been overworking himself and needed some time to recover. I nodded in agreement. "That's fine. Maona can help you with that. We would do better to have everyone in top shape, with the yokai becoming more aggressive. So take it easy, and whenever you're ready, check the board outside to see if there's any work you can handle."

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 91 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]
• State of Power: Half [.5] rank increase to physical strength and speed.

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +1.0 x Speed: +1.0
• Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 400 / 400 .STAMINA : 480 / 600 [+30] .TRANCE : 15 / 15
                                          tab .EXP : 17105 .RYO : 両2600 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:45 am
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira finally shook his head at what seemed to be agreed upon terms. As he turned to walk out the door a thought occurred to him, something.. playful he hoped "You know... if you'd prefer, I could always call you [馬力士 ]Bariki-shi instead if that helps.. I'll be on my way With a sly smile under his mask he walked out of the office. Closing the door softly he went over to Moana and gave the condensed down story for info on what currency amount he was liable to get. Taking a moment to stretch whenever she went off to give him his payment.

As Maona went off to collect such funds Kira thought how his next line of thought could be portrayed but decided to say it in case Maona had the same thoughts on the matter. , "its.. Maona right? If I may ask a favor... From what I saw of Kaileer he seemed a bit.. tired. It's probably none of my business but It looks like he needs a break from people today..thanks" with that kira left for his apartment in snowside

[Exit]

[Actions Taken:]

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:19 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
╰❝ LOCATIONAdministrative Building -- ╰❝ COMPANYHimself? -- ╰❝ MOODNeutral -- ╰❝ STATUSHealthy -- ╰❝ CHAKRA855/855 -- ╰❝ STAMINA195/195

Warm breath was exhaled into cupped hands. With a shiver down his spine he would rub the two together to try and generate more heat. Glancing over to the door the young looking man would steel himself and bury his hand deep into his pockets to try and keep warm. As he neared the door to enter thankfully someone was leaving which allowed him to slip past and inside without having to bring his hand back out into the cold, much less touch the even colder handle. In truth Seiichi didn't come to this building that often and it wouldn't be amiss to say that he wasn't quite sure where to go from here.

If his goal was the mission board, he knew that much at least, but his point in coming to the building today was for a different purpose. It didn't take long for him to give up on trying to figure it out himself and instead the male would wander over to the receptionist desk.
❝Excuse me, is City Lord Kaileer in today? I have some trading business I would like to discuss with him.❞ Glancing about the young magician would take note of the lack of his adventuring companion. Perhaps he was still sleeping?

User Image
POWER--------AGILITY--------INTELLIGENCE----☆☆☆☆☆☆------MANA----☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ----RANK----C----HOME----IKEINASU----PROFILE----DA'LETH THELYSS // SEIICHI UMEMIYA
----------DEFENSE PHASE----
________Rank ?__ NAME OF TECHNIQUE HERE_ COST:

----------MIDPHASE----
________ACTION OR ENHANCEMENT HERE

----------OFFENSE PHASE----

----------JUTSU ACTIVE----

Royal Taorito
--

Ningishzida
--

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:34 am
User Image_______________The Secretary Looks Up From Her Work...||
The young silver-haired receptionist looked up from the book she was reading with a small hint of annoyance at being interrupted, but she quickly hid it behind a neutral mask. "He is," she replied, and gestured at the door. "Feel free to head into his office. But fair warning, he hasn't been entirely himself lately. He's very..." She glanced at the door, then looked back at Seiichi and lowered her voice. "...distrustful of people right now. So keep that in mind when you speak to him."

Yui Ga Dokuson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:59 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image
╰❝ LOCATIONhere Kaileer's Office ╰❝ COMPANYHimself and Kaileer -- ╰❝ MOODNeutral -- ╰❝ STATUSHealthy -- ╰❝ CHAKRA855/855 -- ╰❝ STAMINA195/195

An eyebrow behind the mask perked up at the receptionist's words. What a curious thing to say, and an interesting way of doing so as well. Perhaps the words spoken held some truth after all, and it wasn't just heresay rumors around the city? She did seem reluctant in wanting to be overheard. With a nod he simply accepted her warnings and began to make his way over to the door before subtly peering in to see if it was okay to enter. ❝City Lord?❞ Seiichi's voice called out gently as if to not startle the person inside. Moving out from behind the door the young looking man would walk into the room proper and stand a respectful distance away from the desk and whoever may be behind it. ❝You might not remember me, but I'm Da'leth Thelyss?❞ With a wave of his hand over his face the illusion would fade to reveal the Fae's true features for but a brief moment before they were overtaken by the arcane once more. ❝I took a trip through the trading district to perhaps get rid of some blueprints I had found in my possession, but nothing there suited my fancy. I was hoping perhaps you would be able to offer me something adequate for them? I'm sure some of them may even be useful for Ikeinasu itself.❞

User Image
POWER--------AGILITY--------INTELLIGENCE----☆☆☆☆☆☆------MANA----☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ ----RANK----C----HOME----IKEINASU----PROFILE----DA'LETH THELYSS // SEIICHI UMEMIYA

----------MIDPHASE----

Royal Taorito
--

--
--

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:28 am
User Image

I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.

A voice behind me jolted me out of the stupor I'd evidently been in, absent-mindedly staring out the open window. I vaguely remembered why I had closed it in the first place. But the remnants of Zuu's voice reminded me that I needed the fresh air. I turned to face the source of the welcomed interruption.

The face was unfamiliar. Another Wakener? Or maybe I was just too tired to recall. But he jogged my memory when he revealed his appearance to be an illusion. My mind shouted at me about the red flags that posed, but I shoved my fears away and focused on the present. He wouldn't have shown the face that I recognized if he wasn't trustworthy, right?

That reminded me of the little corrupted girl. And in turn, the boy we'd captured in the forest. I needed to check on both of them. Yet another thing that was my responsibility.

I sighed inwardly but replied to Da'leth. "I recall," I said, glancing back out the window. My eyes moved back to him at the mention of blueprints. That definitely piqued my interest. "I'm definitely interested, and I'm sure we can figure out some sort of exchange. Mind if I see them?"

Yui Ga Dokuson

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:04 am
User Image
User ImageUser Image
╰❝ LOCATIONKaileer's Office -- ╰❝ COMPANYCity Lord and himself -- ╰❝ MOODNeutral -- ╰❝ STATUSHealthy -- ╰❝ CHAKRA855/855 -- ╰❝ STAMINA195/195

❝Ah, I'm glad that the City Lord hasn't forgotten one such as myself despite our few and far in between encounters.❞ The lips of the masked figure would curl into a slight smile. When the teenager behind the desk asked if he could see the items of question a gently nod was what he would receive in response. After stepping closer Seiichi would outstretch a hand and hold it over the desk with his palm facing down. Swiftly like the breath of the wind a sense of power gathered at the core of the finer dressed man and flowed down the outstretched arm and concentrated on the hand. Below the fair skinned appendage a little blip of light would appear before growing out to the size of a few centimeters. Now it was clear that the light was not just such but a slowly rotating magic circle, which two more would appear as rings around the original. With a small burst of radiance the arcane circles would disappear and in the place of them upon the desk laid out neatly were nine schematics.

❝I have in my possession these nine blueprints of which I'm willing to part with. Here we have a seven shot revolver, binoculars, retractable blades, something referred to as a motorcycle engine. What I think you would find of more importance though would be the gas piping, short wave radio receivers, short ranged wireless charger, a/c power outlets, and the copper power lines schematics. If you find these to be worthy of your interest, I believe you will present a suitable offer, City Lord Kaileer?❞ With the hand returned to behind his back Seiichi would tilt hsi head slightly with a presumably pleased smile resting upon his features.

User Image

----------MIDPHASE----
________What's Mine is Mine :: Rank E
Essentially this is a jutsu Da'leth created to summon things from his bag of holding and to return them to the bag, without having to go into the bag and make himself vulnerable in sticky situations. When not in fights, unlimited items can be pulled/put out/in at the same time, but during a fight only one item can be retrieved/sorted at a time.

Royal Taorito
--

--
--

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:35 am
User Image

I looked the schematics over in silence. They were all definitely useful, especially the radio and powerlines. Gas pipes could provide the ability to create heating units, if we could find a source of natural gas. The problem still lay in generating electricity. Unless we had someone casting Lightning spells into some sort of generator constantly, we needed a more permanent source. And that was beyond any science that I knew. It was likely completely possible.

After a moment, I sat back and looked back at Da'leth, considering what resources we had. Money was worthless for the most part; It was starting to come back into our community but most still bartered, and it had no value outside our walls. And I wasn't sure we had anything else of major value. "These are definitely valuable, and I would like to see these implemented." Leaning forward, I rested my elbows on the desk and scanned the blueprints again. "The problem is how to pay you. In a society where we're just trying to survive and money has no value, it's hard to pay anyone for their work. I can offer food, clothes, a house for yourself, information, or something else you might be looking for. So I guess the better question is what do you want as payment?"

Yui Ga Dokuson

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:35 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
╰❝ LOCATIONKaileer's Office -- ╰❝ COMPANYCity Lord and himself -- ╰❝ MOODNeutral -- ╰❝ STATUSHealthy -- ╰❝ CHAKRA750/855 -- ╰❝ STAMINA195/195

Seiichi would slowly nod his head. The masked figure remained silent for some time as if contemplating the choices presented to himself. Once he had seemingly come to a conclusion he would nod his head once more as if to commit himself to his decision. ❝You are correct, money holds no value to me. Information is appealing, but if I'm to be honest I prioritize my improvement above all else.❞ Switching his weight from one foot to the other Seii would gesture to his side with a free hand, ❝So, if you could offer me a place to do such in safety, and the means to do so, then I would say I'd be adequately pleased with this transaction. However, I feel that I may be asking for too much? If that is the case, then should you perhaps need occasional help with charging some of these blueprints, then I could offer my services. If I may?❞

Seiichi would ask before making a motion that he was about to do something. Gathering and concentrating the mana within his body he would release it in a sort of electrical charged aura around his figure, one that hopefully Kaileer could feel. [[ 100 Mana burned ]] ❝Although I may only be C-rank by the village's classifications, my total amount of mana would estimate to be roughly a little over eight times what I have just shown. But,❞ the mask figure would pause for a moment as if to contemplate his next choice of words carefully. ❝If even my being an occasional conduit is still not enough for what I'm asking, then I'd be willing to enter a direct partnership with you and the city?❞

User Image

----------MIDPHASE----

Royal Taorito
--

--
--

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:33 pm
User Image

I found myself relaxing a bit when Da'leth stated he would just like a place to stay rather than something physical that I couldn't provide him. He even offered to help charge the structures mentioned in the blueprints--a fact I had been thinking of a moment before. I had thought it an abstract thought that someone else might not think about immediately but we seemed to be thinking along the same lines. Either that or he read my mind somehow. I felt the prickle of paranoia creep from the depths I had shoved it to, but I pushed it aside again. I couldn't stop it from hovering in the back of my thoughts but it wasn't hindering me for the moment. I still had clarity.

My eyes followed him as he motioned, as if to tell me to stay back, before he manifested mana around himself. I felt the familiar spark of electricity, the energy of it almost addicting to cling to; after all I was the former Storm Lord, the Raikage of Kumogakure in the old world. Lightning was part of my essence at this point. I almost had to force my attention back to Da'leth and focus my thoughts on where I was. I shook my head. "Your offer is more than enough. Anyone is welcome to live in Ikeinasu as long as they help provide for the community. Although I guess I'm seen as a sort of 'leader', and I do have others I views as 'leaders' of their particular expertise, everyone here is equal. Everyone here has the same access to everything. The only thing that I ask is that you don't steal from us. If you borrow something, return it. If you take something try to replace it." I gestured out the window to the wall of the district, and the forest that lay beyond. "The place we live in is dangerous, which is why most that come here move on to literally greener pastures. We're here to help people escaping the city get back on their feet. One day I hope to retake Tsukihara, but we need to become stronger first."

I paused a moment, thoughtful, before turning back to Da'leth. "The creatures that hunt us are called Yokai, or broader known as Fades. They're creatures of corruption, a dark... force, I guess, that is lethal to most of us. Regardless of their size, they're dangerous. I won't stop you from doing what you want, but I recommend not leaving the town on your own if you can avoid it." Except that was something I frequently did myself. But I had to or I was going to go insane. I kept that to myself however. "Otherwise, our home is your home. You can talk to the receptionist, Maona, to arrange for a place to stay."

I gave the masked man a moment to absorb everything before concluding, "Anything else I can help you with?"

Yui Ga Dokuson

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:19 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
╰❝ LOCATIONGrim Hall -- ╰❝ COMPANYHimself and Maona -- ╰❝ MOODNeutral -- ╰❝ STATUSHealhty -- ╰❝ CHAKRA855/855 -- ╰❝ STAMINA195/195

When Kaileer motioned towards the window the young Fae noble would direct his gaze outwards. While his face may have remained stoic while observing the landscape before him, Da'leth did make a mental note of the leader's words. When the topic changed to the adversaries to the village the masked individual would reply with a subtle nod. ❝Ah, yes. I do recall my companion mentioning these types of creature before. I will take the young City Lord's words to heart. And I will be sure to get in touch with your receptionist outside for the housing. I thank you.❞ As their conversation seemed to be wrapping up, he would notice the fact that something seemed to be missing, or rather that one of his requests were not met. Rather than bringing the issue up directly to the man across from him in hopes of not offending him, Da'leth chose instead to address it in passive, hopefully laying down a subtle yet noticeable hint for the other to pick up on. As he turned to leave the Fae would pause and turn over his shoulder, ❝Right, I almost forgot. I have already perused all the listings at the library currently. Speaking of prioritizing my improvement, would it be possible if I were to have access to techniques higher than C rank?❞

User Image

----------MIDPHASE----

Royal Taorito
--

--
--

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:07 am
User Image

I grimaced slightly at the question. Even after all this time, little of the old world had been reclaimed, and that included knowledge of spells. We were fortunate to have compiled what we had from everyone's memories, but we were still lacking in a majority of what we once knew. "To be quite frank," I replied as I steepled my arms on the desk in front of me. I set my chin on my folded hands. "We don't have much of anything above C-rank classification. You're welcome to browse what we have in the academy library, but most 'stronger' spells are still lost to us." I tilted my head slightly to the side in thought. "If you're interested, there are still plenty of ruins in the region to explore, and for all we know there could be a treasure trove in the remains of Tsukihara at the top of the mountain. While I can't stop you from venturing up there, just know that I don't recommend it. The Yokai are much stronger there, and there are many more of them." I dropped my hands to the desk, and gestured vaguely at the piles of reports. "Even whole squads that go there rarely come back without some form of injury, or report of being attacked. But that's likely going to be your best source of information. Just take care if you do decide to go."

Yui Ga Dokuson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image
╰❝ LOCATIONGrim Hall -- ╰❝ COMPANYHimself and Maona -- ╰❝ MOODNeutral -- ╰❝ STATUSHealthy -- ╰❝ CHAKRA855/855 -- ╰❝ STAMINA195/195

The following words to come from the one across from himself was a bit disheartening to say the least. So much so that the stoic visage of the male was broken momentarily by a slight frown tugged at the corner of his lips but was just as quickly dismissed as it had arrived. ❝Ah, I see. That's.. unfortunate. I will take your words to heart Lord Kaileer, and I thank you for your time thus far. Till we meet again.❞ With a friendly dismissive wave over his shoulder the masked individual would make his leave of the office and head on over to the desk he had visited when he first arrive a little while ago. Hopefully she would have noticed his presence there and would be able to tear herself away from her book once more, but if that was not the case a soft clearing of the throat would be Da'leth's choice of action to prompt her attention to himself. ❝Mis Maona, is it? I'm sorry to disturb you again, but I'm afraid I'm in need of your assistance once more. City Lord Kaileer told me I should speak to you about housing permitted to me from our business transaction?❞

User Image

----------MIDPHASE----

Royal Taorito
--

--
--

Yui Ga Dokuson

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:08 am
User Image_______________The Secretary Looks Up From Her Work...||
The girl glanced up from her work as the office door opened, a mildly concerned look to her eye. But it was gone as fast as it appeared. She nodded in response to Da'leth's request. "Of course," she replied, and then pulled out a clipboard. The page on top had a variety of housing and apartment numbers as well as names listed by the numbers, which could be assumed as occupants of those homes. She confirmed quickly, "Paper is a rare commodity still so there's not a whole lot of privacy in a lot of the 'official' paperwork." She placed the clipboard on the desk in front of her, turning to face it toward the Fae. "All you have to do is pick an open house or apartment and sign next to it. Signing shows that you agree to the local rules and laws, and will help the village thrive to the best of your ability." Maona brushed a lock of silver hair behind her ear. "The world we once knew is a dangerous place now. So we ask that everyone help where they can."

Yui Ga Dokuson

________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces