Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Frostwood Medical Center [Hospital] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:51 pm
User Image

㊌ ☾ ☾ ☾ Kira Yamata ☽ ☽ ☽ ㊌

Kira walked slowly through the hospital so as not to do any more damage to himself from his earlier battle. Looking over to what maybe considered the reception desk Kira walked over and gently placed his right hand on the desk and said through his mask, "I require medical assistance... is the doctor in?

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:56 pm
User Image_______________The Narrator Whispers...||

The young woman sitting at the desk glanced at your arm as you spoke and, seeing the blood there stood up quickly, nodding, and hurried off to a different room. "Eito, we need you!" she called as she went through the doorway.

A moment later, a boy who must have been no more than twelve or thirteen stepped into the waiting room, eyes immediately going to you and then to your half-healed arm. The kid, 'Eito' as he was called, sniffed derisively and then gestured for you to follow him. "Got yourself hurt again then, huh?" he commented rhetorically, and then a thoughtful look crossed his face. "Oh, right. You were unconscious last time I saw you, so this is an improvement I suppose."

Assuming you followed him, he led the way to a room containing an exam tab, a bed, and various medical supplies, as well as a stool. He gestured to the table and turned away to wash his hands in a basin from a waterskin--due to the town's lack of running water. "It shouldn't be too hard to heal you up. Probably won't even leave a scar." He glanced in your direction. "Thankfully, Mana is a renewable resource in this world, but that doesn't mean you should be reckless." He shook off his hands and wiped them off on a towel, finally turning to fully face you, brown eyes glinting with a myriad of emotions. "Anyway, it'll take me a couple of healing spells to patch that up completely, but once I'm done you'll be good as new."

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:33 pm
User Image

As Kira looked to the same doctor who had patched him last time it became very clear now, he was going to be seeing a lot of the same faces here. Grumbling about the last time he was here he barked a remark as he replied, "Yeah and I was a bit more... chaotic back then. I hadn't planned on being back here for a while... Forgive me for forgetting but your name is eito right? It'll be user if I at least know if there is more to it like 'Dr' "mr" etc. Mine Is Yamata Kira Call me by which ever name you like" With that Kira followed Eito

Kira looked over the exam room, something similar to his last one but less luxuries. Taking a deep breathe Kira began taking off his scale mail armor and lay it on the floor. His helm and mask where last revealing his scarred face, pale skin and now slightly pointed ears. due to the lower light of the room though his eyes seem to... shimmer brightly in the low light. the tears and blood on his body where obvious with the bruising on his ribs, arms and shoulders.

As Eito explained that it wouldn't take him long to heal Kira he nodded and said, "Thank you then... Though you probably should start getting familiar with me. The way I do things to help people in the field I have been told is very reckless... if it means that the mission is done and im the only one hurt I have no trouble with that...:" The last part of his speech was a bit mumbled not wanting to admit he was growing feeling for this town. But he couldn't help but feel thats what has been happening.

Looking off to the side and scratching the minor goatee that he had started to grow under his mask Kira looked to Eito and said, " Um Dr.Eito... Do you know that great woman smith name Karin perchance? I-I was wondering if she has anything she might like over than the forge" Kira's skin began to turn into a hot pink, not just his face but his whole body seemed to show his embarressment on the feelings he had for the smith. He couldn't understand why he liked her, was it because she showed her kindness by wrapping him in a blanket?, by calling medical aid when he fell? Or was it her matching bright flame like red hair and strong personality?

Whatever the case the feelings for her this past week was the one thing that has been keep him mostly open to the idea to even suck up his pride and seek help from... HER. "Anyway... I hope that in time we can be...friends... despite the circumstances. Is there anyway I could help the hospital here? I've talked to Karin, The apothecary, and the job I just finished may get us a horse's available soon.... I want to help but I keep damaged. So if there is something here at the hospital I can do to help let me know or send a messenger which ever" With that final bit Kira removed all but his underwear and laid on what past for the hospital chair/bed and waited for treatment

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:43 am

The comment about being naturally reckless brought a scowl to the boy's face. "Gods be damned, not you, too." Hands glowing with a soft light, Eito harshly jabbed a finger into your arm near the wound site, likely pressing painfully on a bruise. However, your wounded arm began to heal. "The healers of this town aren't here for you to use as you command. We have other jobs and research to take care of. Keep that in mind when you're dying of some infection because no one can to tend to you. I don't have time for people that don't care about their own lives."

He sighed then and lessened the pressure on your arm, although continued healing you. "Scolding aside, no I can't say I know much about the blacksmith. I haven't really interacted with her." He smirked slightly, noticing the redness that bleed into your pale face. "I see you've been taken by her though." He seemed for a moment he would say more, but dropped the subject rather than embarrassing you further. "As for help, I can't say there's much--no offense--someone like you could do to help out here. Most of it is research regarding diseases and viruses the new world has to offer. So unless you want to be a breeding ground for something that could kill you, I would have to say no."

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:56 pm
User Image

Kira felt the rough pressure on his healing arm and acknowledge that it was happening at the moment. compared to earlier it was more like a small p***k but he looked to eito as he said he and the doctors had better things to do than help his reckless a** healing him constantly. Kira sighed as he shook his head and smiled, "You misunderstand. I dont aim to be reckless, it just happens. I am trying to get better... Its hard to change habits from when there where so many people who could replace you... You doctors have the oath right? that you dont tell what patients tell you, like priests?"

It was the first time Kira was anywhere near to being concerned, ever. Was it because of his feelings? Was it because of the circumstances of the world? In either case he needed this off his chest, "I feel more at home here then i ever did at my home village centuries ago... does that mean something i dont know, but to me that means I need to do what I must to help those here even if it means breaking a bone or to... I dont want to be reckless but I feel i have to for everyone here, yea know?..." with that said when he said he didn't know about Karin or didnt have any real need of someone like kira other than a cest pool of diseases and virus Kira thought about it before he said, "Take a sample of my blood then... I-I don't know if it helps but I think I maybe contracted something like anemia or something like that. I think thats a virus right? So go ahead and take some blood, study it" Kira didnt want to say the real thing on what he thought this virus he had in his system was. if it was truly a virus or disease maybe there was something about it they could either cure or lessen the effects of, like antibiotic, right?

From there Kira would lay there letting the doctor heal him staring at the cieling for what seemed like a century, waiting for the procedure to be over

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:44 pm

The medic was quiet for a long moment, focusing on what he was doing, but his brows furrowed thoughtfully. Finally, he spoke again without shifting his gaze. "Can I give some advice?" His tone was much softer than it was before. "If you view this place as home, then try to learn how to live for it, not die for it. He glanced up at you, but his expression remained unchanged. "If you're worried about being useful, then think about the fact that you're of no use to anyone dead. You're not alone. Anyone and everyone is here to support each other, so don't feel like you need to take the weight of the world on your shoulders. I already have to deal with that with Kaileer."

His attention turned back to his hands, and he let his words sink in for a few heartbeats before he continued, changing subjects. "Anemia is a condition where your blood isn't producing enough red blood cells. It can cause dizziness and make you feel tired. If its not from blood loss which-" he made a half gesture to the arm he was healing, "wouldn't surprise me, to be honest, it can be from a deficiency of a vitamin. Usually iron or vitamin B. Also not all that surprising, since we don't have access to a wide variety of food." He shook his head. "It's not a disease or virus though, and is completely treatable. I wouldn't mind a blood sample though at some point. But not right now. Let your body recover first."

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:14 pm
User Image

Kira looked at Eito once more and then to the ceiling thinking on his words. To LIVE for something... To live for something other than himself He guessed was for this village, the girl. If those were things to die for were they also a reason to live for? As Eito continued to work on his wounds Kira took a deep breathe and listened to the explanation on his anemia excuse, how it was a iron or vitamin b deficiency. Thinking on it lots of predators sought meat which had high iron and protein content don't they?

When Eito said he didn't need a sample right now Kira nodded and said, "I'll be on bed rest for the next few days then. Dont get me wrong I trust you doctors for healing, But i also trust relaxing to relieving the stress on the sore muscles... Have to go see Karin first though...N-Not that I NEED to see her just that my armor is beat up* Kira would say the last bit as a small panic of embarrassment

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:01 am

Eito smirked slightly at your mention of wanting to see the blacksmith, glancing up at you again. "You do you, kid." Odd, likely, coming from someone who looked younger than you. But due to the nature of the revival of the human race, the preteen before you could have lived a full and fulfilled life before he was crystallized for all you knew. This time he didn't hold back from his embarrassing comment. "The world needs to be repopulated anyway if we want to survive long term, right?" His smirk grew into a full grin. Clearly he thought he was funny.

The glow faded away from his hands, and he patted your arm, which, as promised, didn't even have a scar left behind. His smile faded.
"In all seriousness, I would agree that you should take it easy for a bit. Some light training maybe if you feel the need for it, but try to avoid getting into more fights, yeah?" Turning on his heels, he grabbed a cloth and wetted it with the waterskin from before. He held the cloth toward you, offering for you to clean any remaining blood from your arm. "I'd hate to see another person rolled in here on a cart. We've already seen enough of that lately."

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:49 am
User Image

Kira looked to the wet cloth and gently took it and rubbed the blood off his newly healed arm. He flexed it to make sure it was feeling better and to his surprise there was no more discomfort, not even a scar. He smiled and looked to the doctor... then was flushed with red all over his body at the mention of reproducing. Like a anime, steam went out of his ears before he said, "T-thanks doctor Eito, I'll try and keep that in mind," Kira would take a moment to compose himself and washed his face off with the clean side of the wash rag before sighing, "I might go to the library then. I may need to know more versatile methods if im to avoid getting damaged again..." With that Kira dressed himself in civilian clothing, Thick black long sleeved shirt and pants and his leather boots for good measure. Taking his armor and putting it into his pack he put on a black face mask on and then proceeded to put on the oni face mask on with no helmet.

Taking the moment to stretch there Kira looked back to the doctor and said, "Thanks for the patch up doc... and the advise. When I'm feeling just a bit better I'll come back and give you that blood sample as a proper thank you and help to what you're doing" With that Kira gave a polite bow to the man, Eito and walked out of the Hospital and went to the Market to go see Karin.

[Exit]

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 am
________________The Narrator Thunders...||
tab Time and space were meaningless when one drifts through the void of eternal slumbers. How many days, minutes, hours had passed since the last memory that was clear. Yet where one might be concerned, the eons passed by in silence.
tab Until a whispering began.
tab At first, it was nonsensical. Words without meaning, beyond the barrier of language and culture the words simply didn't correlate to any acceptable meaning. But it persisted, and with it a gradual sense of understanding. Not of the situation, oh no, but the thundering of blood rushing through veins, in the tingle of sensation rippling across one's flesh, and the steadily increasing beat of one's own heart as it awoke after an eternity of stillness. The words sounded of toes curling, fingers flexing, limbs humming to life where once had been naught but death. It cried in the language of a million billion neurons firing off in a receptacle of knowledge more complex than had that had gone before. As fire it licked at one's senses, breathing life into a vessel that had known no such things, until, at last, it could be understood.
tab "Awaken!"
tab The world would erupt in sound and light as the chrysalis that bound Bast shattered, freeing her body to spill, sweating from exertion, onto an unforgiving stone floor. The scent of antisceptic, of blood and something acidic assaulted her nostrils even as air cleaner than she'd ever experienced filled her lungs. For now it appeared she was in her own room, five meters to a side with a single wooden door as the only sight to her besides the halo of broken shards of all sizes laying around her.
tab It would seem her long sleep was over.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 12:24 pm
User Image
A feeling of profound stiffness was the first thing to hit the woman's mind, rising from the din of all her senses turning back on for the first time in centuries. Everything else was meaningless noise before that feeling, so she latched onto it. This would be her first movement in an unknown amount of time, certainly longer than she could recall. Just as she tried to move her arm, the shell around her shattered, sending her spilling to the floor.

Pain was the next distinct thing she felt, followed by the damp of a great deal of sweat. After catching her breath, she propped herself up on her elbows, observed her surroundings, and started to draw conclusions.

First: Based on the smell, she was in a medical facility of some sort. Its exact nature was unclear, but the single door she was faced with didn't look particularly welcoming. The only three options that came to mind were that this was a small medical practice, that she'd been captured and imprisoned with a chance that the smell was from torture devices, or that something tragic had happened to the Sand and she'd been moved here after being incapacitated.

Second: Something had happened to her that threw off her understanding of her own body, including her Chakra system. Her limbs felt smaller than she was used to even if her clothes still fit, and all her attempts to stockpile enough Chakra to use Kai were failing. For some reason it felt as though her vessel's capacity had shrunk fantastically. What's more, a strange round jewel had formed next to her hand when she tried kneading her Chakra.

Third: She had fallen out of something. She wasn't sure what it was, but there were shards of her prison scattered about the room. That suggested a distinct possibility that she'd been captured and then--for some reason--released while she was apparently alone.

Her mind was racing with possibilities she couldn't even begin to address. She stowed the jewel and a few of the shards in her backpack, then drew a senbon and approached the door. She needed more information than she could get in that tiny prison cell. She stood behind the door, senbon at the ready, and tried to slowly open it and head out into whatever laid beyond.

Mana: 150/150
Stamina: 50/50
Experience: 25
Money: 0

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (1/20):
  • Bead 1: 50/50

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Weaponry: Senbon x30 (in a bundle on her belt, below her backpack)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:25 pm
The door wasn't locked, and swung open silently. Although, given the cacophony of crystal shattering a moment before, it was likely no surprise that someone stood as short way down the hall, clearly having been headed in the room's direction until the door opened. The young, brown-haired male paused at the sight of your unfamiliar appearance, taking in a quick assessment of your state of being. The look of surprise he wore was quickly replaced by a kind smile. "Ah..." he said softly. "Another Wakener. Welcome to Ikeinasu."

[Sorry for the short post, but hopefully that's enough to get you started.]

Ergo War

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2020 5:18 pm
User Image
Meissa jumped when she realized someone was already approaching. Had she not been blindfolded, they might have seen her eyes go wide. Her mind was racing with possibilities, analyzing every aspect of this person's movements to determine whether he was friend or foe and spinning every detail off into a hundred possibilities. His words reached ears that couldn't understand him not for any fault of his own, but because there was no more space in her head for them. She was, to put it quite simply, overloading.

Ikeinasu? Where-- lies! ENEMY! Medic? Is this a hosp-- KILL! Poorly made-- RUN! Cocoon? Illusion? Ally! Friendly! No harm! KILL KILL KILL! Illusion, has to be. KILL NOW! RUN! KAI!

Something snapped inside Meissa. She tried to knead as much Chakra as she could, uncertain whether it would be to attack or try to release the "illusion" again. Once again, she hit a wall that suggested she had much smaller reserves than she ought to, so she switched to attack mode. She flashed through a few hand signs, but her fingers didn't move quite how she remembered. A furious scream spilled from her lips as she tried to activate her Jutsu, but nothing came.

A dark blue jewel slid into her hand as though it had been hiding behind the air. It was cool and rippled to the touch. She gripped it so tightly her knuckles turned white. Where had it come from? She hadn't taken the other one out again.

Her knees gave out and her hands fell to her sides, her breathing rapid and heavy. The world seemed like it was spinning around her, a hurricane of such titanic size that she couldn't possibly fight against it. It had been a very, very long time since she'd felt that way, and that fact almost seemed to split her in half. She felt like she was looking at herself from outside her body as a small, rational part of her mind cut through the din.

Calm down, she told herself, the panic will kill you otherwise. Everything you are now is a sum of what you have been and done. You need to control your breathing. Exhale completely... now, breathe in, hold... breathe out.

Meissa's breathing gradually slowed as she followed her own instructions. Her head was pounding.

"Apologies," she exhaled. She shifted so she was sitting against the wall. The man's words from earlier were finally starting to work their way through her head. "Ikeinasu, you said? I'm afraid I've never heard of it. This may be rude, but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. Could I get some tea?"

She fell silent for a moment, then picked herself up.

"No, that's not it. I need information. Is there someone I can talk to about this situation? I'd like to get home as quickly as possible. Oh, and I'm afraid I didn't catch your name. You may call me--" She paused for the briefest of instants. "--Meissa."

Experience: 50

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (2/20):
  • Bead 2: 50/50

Inventory:
  • Clothing: Reinforced Clothing (D-Rank, Scale 5/5), Weather Clothing (includes a white cloak)
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

• Bedroll (tied to the bottom of the backpack, blocking sight of the senbon from behind)

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:00 am
The boy gave you a few moments to pull yourself together, waiting patiently and quietly until you could wrap your head around your situation. He made no move toward you either, instead leaning against the wall beside him. When you were finally able to speak again, he perked up a bit, standing straight once more. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Meissa. My name is Eito, and I'm the head medic here." A statement that must have seemed strange, since he didn't appear to be more than his early teens. His gaze softened once more. "The administrative district is where you'll want to go for information. When you go outside, you'll see a bridge that leads over most of the town. Take that north to the next set of stairs down and you'll be there. But give yourself a moment. It's going to be a lot to take in." He nodded his head back down the hall he'd come from, and then gestured for you to follow him. "Oh and fair warning, it's cold outside."

Assuming you didn't stop on the way to the exit, he paused beside the door and turned back to you. "Was there anything else I could help you with before you go?"

Ergo War

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Ergo War

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:25 am
User Image
This young man was surprisingly accommodating, Meissa noted. His being a medic didn't come as much of a surprise in light of both that fact and the stench of the building around them. His being the head medic, on the other hand, was unexpected. That meant that either he was a prodigy the likes of which rarely came about or the medical capabilities of this city were just that low. Then again, she felt like her body had changed, so what was to say Eito hadn't gone through the same thing? Maybe the changing of bodies and ages was just a key facet of this illusion.

She silently tried to knead her Chakra again, only for yet another jewel to pop out of her hand. It was a strange effect, but it seemed to be consistent. She reckoned it had something to do with how she was trying to build up energy, and made a mental note to investigate it later. For now, she slipped both it and its predecessor into the same pocket as the first.

"There's nothing, thank you," she responded with a bow. "You've been a wonderful help thus far, Eito. I hope that I'll be able to return the favor when next we meet."

Even with the warning, Meissa wasn't quite prepared for the chill that greeted her as she stepped out of the hospital. The sweat that lingered following her escape from the cocoon and her subsequent breakdown only made matters worse. She pulled her cloak closed after raising the hood. It did an admirable job of keeping the wind out, though she still felt the drop in temperature very clearly. She'd been in the heat of the Sand not too long ago, from her perspective, so the change was still a bit abrupt.

She could handle it.

Experience: 75

Beads of the Overflowing Chain (3/20):
  • Bead 2: 50/50
  • Bead 3: 50/50

Inventory:
  • Backpack:
    • Skinning knife
    • Oiled Waterskin
    • Blanket
    • Journal x2
    • Pen x2
    • Mess kit
    • Sewing needle

Royal Taorito

________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces