• Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:50 am
[Image Coming Soon]

[♥] tab Kokorogakure tab [♥]
W a t c h e r 's tab P o i n t

______________A r e a tab D e s c r i p t i o n ||
tab What in times past may have been called the "Kage's Office", Watcher's Point serves as the focus of Kokorogakure at large. Standing at the center of the village casting its gaze over the surrounding lands it is definitely an imposing sight, what with the nearly black coloring of the structure thanks to the natural clay found in this area. Serving as both the seat of power within Kokorogakure and a political meeting ground between villages, settlements, and the recently encountered species, Watcher's Point serves as both the metaphorical and literal center of the village's existence. Each floor has different uses, and it is important to note them all, especially the three additional sub basements.
        • The [First Floor] is the greeting parlor, and by far the widest part of the structure. Built with many lounge chairs, sofas, and tables, the floor has six side rooms that can be claimed by nearly anyone to use for private meetings. However, these are not subject to being protected, and as such can just serve as a place to relax and enjoy the variety of plants and vegetation grown here for both display and snacks.
        • The [Second Floor] is an office, called the Hall of Records, where one would find the exam to gain a Kokorogakure plate and a band of cloth in the style of the traditional shinobi Headband, though able to be worn anywhere. Here, too, one must check in in order to obtain any allowances within the village, such as being able to learn or train within the Academy district. Those who would like to purchase a Merchant License will also need to go here, and here is a record kept of all permanent residents and their addresses. As such, the clerks here are all trained as shinobi in order to defend the records. To what extent, well...perhaps that's up to the individual to discover for themselves.
        • The [Third Floor] is also known as the Greeting Hall, where dignitaries or speakers for various groups are met and gathered in order to ascertain the purpose of their visit. If the justification for meeting with the Kokorokage isn't obviously sufficient they must speak with the Steward here, who is empowered to make small decisions for the Kokorokage without the need to seek permission. If the decision isn't something they can make, and if the justification for the meeting is suffice, they may be led to one of the higher floors. Around this floor are a total of thirteen [13] rooms, each with a circular table sitting up to ten people each.
        • The [Fourth Floor] is where those who need to speak with the Kokorokage about sensitive matters are brought, but below that of national issues. Here the floor mirrors the third floor, with five windows total scattered about the room. There are guards at every window ready to defend and sworn to secrecy.
        • The [Fifth Floor] is where negotiations that effect the nation take place. Almost exclusively, dignitaries of visiting nations and tribes are brought here, though there is a wall trisecting it in order to keep the three cultures of Mud away from one another. Otherwise, same as the third floor.
        • The [Sixth Floor] is locked down, requiring a special key made by, and owned by, only two people within the village: Oragor, the Kokorokage, and Baranara, his adviser. Here there are records of all events within the village, from personal gathered secrets and potential locations of important information and secrets. This, too, is where data is gathered and deposited in a safe box attached to the side of the tower where trained Mist Wraiths place scrolls with data on it that can be claimed from within. This box is small, barely the size of a skull, making it difficult to enter. These are where missions are built from, and where data is kept for the safety and security of the village.
        • The [Seventh Floor] is where the Kokorokage keeps his personal home, as well as Baranara's. Split in two the floor has a side for each of them, designed to their liking.
        • The [Eighth Floor] is a strange place, what might well be considered a mix of monastery to the dark arts and a library. Here many arcane artifacts are kept, those gathered from the world, and more importantly, a place where forbidden knowledge about the arcane world is kept. It is kept relatively dark, without a single, solitary window anywhere. Only a single torch burns in the center as a guide towards the door leading to the ninth floor.
        • The [Ninth Floor] The Ninth floor can be accessed via a long, spiral stairwell from the outside of the tower that spirals upwards from the first floor. This stairwell is long, with grated steps of steel, that honestly make it difficult to go that high with while keeping one's nerve. However, to those who come here, they will find another guest room, a waiting room, where there are several chairs and tables situated in six rows of four seats. All face the spiral staircase that leads straight up to the tenth floor, where the Kokorogake's office lay. Entering that door without permission is considered illegal, and thus will be punished by the Kokorokage themselves if entered.
        • The [Tenth Floor], also known as The Point, is where the Kokorokage has his office. Unlike the rest of the floors this one is the most spartan in design, with a window on all sides to allow views across all of the lands. Thick glass, four feet thick in total, is incredibly difficult to break. Outside of this there is only one long desk, a simple bright wooden design, with a stack of papers on the left side, a single book or journal on the right, and a quill next to a bottle of ink near the center. The chair is simple, too, without any design or concern for comfort. Against one wall there are six chairs, stacked, that can be taken down and used, but in these cases there are no cushioning and only bare, hard wood.

______________N e a r b y tab L o c a t i o n s ||
tab Education District
tab Market District
tab Civilian District
tab Gates

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
tab See Above

______________R u l e s ||
tab • Floors → Read the floors above. You cannot skip floors unless it says so under their information. Each floor has requirements to enter, so read closely.

”Royal Taorito”

[Editorial Log]

• [Name] | [Date] | → [Short description of actions
• performed]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

🌴"Cold: the air and water flowing, Hard: the land we call our home,Push to keep the dark from coming, Feel the weight of what we owe"🌴

Baranara with Banana in mouth like one would a cigarette had begun his ascent up the Kage's spire. The journey for the unconscious Koukei likely meant very little but for the smol Kagerou the constant 'hup' 'hup' 'hup' one does up a set of stairs could start to prove slightly nauseating. Baranara would continue his ascent up the varying floors where members of both the mist wraiths and loose members who had only trees on their uniforms saluted to which he nodded. He wasn't one of 'protocol' types but he was stern when he needed to be. How many flights could he ascend before something 'businessy' would happen he wondered. IT ALWAYS HAPPENED. Usually, he'd defer the things to Hesrick but he was who knows where currently.

🌴This: The song of sons and daughters,Hide the heart of who we are,Making peace to build our future, Strong, united, working 'till we fall. And we all Lift, and we're all adrift, Together, Together.🌴

Chakra:125/125
    Stamina:305/325
    Ryo: 300/300 Exp:5,200
    •Vegetation Manipulation B

Arrow35

HeadlessKoko
    Lanfaer

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:17 pm
User Image
Power gives freedom from control and the pen of destiny to the author.
Power begets freedom, and I shall be the freest of them all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[W]hich would Shadow see first, he wondered. The complete circle of glass windows that covered every way of the tenth floor, or the spartan chamber with a single wooden desk in the center, an uncomfortable looking chair on one side and a cushioned one on the other?
tab Either way the instant the two appeared in the same telltale burst of wind Hesrik stepped back from the boy, swiping his robes back and raising the scythe back to its position as his walking staff. Hobbling carefully forward the Kokorokage made his way the more uncomfortable looking chair in the room and sat with practiced grace, perhaps used to the throws of politics and circumstance that came with treating with royalty and nobility. Releasing the stick he held the staff in place with a tiny bit of golden web, something not likely to be noticed at all but strong enough to keep the scythe rigid, a small display of skill that would likely not go unnoticed. Simple, careful, those were the tactics of the day as the former Mizukage cast his gaze upon a true legend of his one-time home. Shadowseeker, the boy who by all accounts was the brother to the great Jack Harren Snipe, who grounded him in reality whilst also helping him greatly on his path towards ultimate power. The path that, if all went well, the boy would leave Hesrik to as well.
tab Gesturing to the chair before him the elder reached out and shuffled some papers out of the way, neatly organizing the desk as if it were the simplest and most nonchalant action anyone could take. "We will be alone here for some time. Few know this room well enough to get here without climbing, after all."
tab

With power, there is always a price.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

NecroPlant
Royal Taorito

[ e x p ] 8300 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 660 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] Tired, Exulted, and Cautious x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] Back and Wrist from where Shadow struck x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Maintained

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:16 pm
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx C - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R U K Y O

User Image
User Image
[x] Years of being unwillingly transported by Jack's Scattering the Ashes told me almost instinctively what the man intended on doing to escape the prying eyes of the locals. It was a different method, sure, but at least he had the decency to 'ask' permission before we teleported to what he deemed privacy.

The room that I found myself in once the brief disorientation ended was nearly empty except for a desk and a pair of chairs. The walls were all glass, overlooking the town and forest surrounding it. In one direction, through the windows, I could see the familiar sight of the Sero tree, and I felt a pang of longing. More than anything, it was because I wanted things to be 'normal' again. As normal as the events revolving around Kirigakure could be. It was my home for half of my life, and the place I had dedicated that life to. I half wondered if we'd ever be able to return, but given how much time had passed, without extreme precautions, going was probably a death sentence. Jack thought of everything when setting up the village, but even he wasn't perfect. It had been centuries. Defenses he put in place were bound to have failed or lost control. And I had minimal knowledge of how to fix them.

The Junan look-alike took a seat on the cushioned chair behind the desk and gestured for me to join him at the bare chair across from him. I shifted slightly, uncomfortable and still untrusting. Confronting him was asking me to look past the face of my greatest enemy, especially right after regaining my memory. After a moment, though, I approached the chair and sat down stiffly.

The man idly commented that it would take anyone a while to get there because they would have to climb the tower, and my paranoid brain wanted to take that as a threat but I forced my mind to calm down. "Who are you?" I asked, ignoring yet again how my voice sounded from lack of use. Though I think a small part of that came from the memory I now had of my voice sounding different due to being older.

That brought up the realization that I was over sixteen when I was crystallized. I should have died but I hadn't.

I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone.

Stats:
Power [3] || Agility [5] || Intelligence [5] || Chakra [3]
• Physical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: +0.5
• Ninjutsu| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Genjutsu| Strength: +0.5
• Ninjutsu Cost: [-5] Chakra
• Unnamed Attack Cost: [-5] Stamina

Techniques Used:
✤ [Prepared] Sumi Yusou no Jutsu [Ink Transport Technique] - C
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with chakra-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of Chakra, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

[ e x p ] 8225 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 430 / 495 [+15]x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 335 / 335 [+15]

[ m o o d ] cautious x|x [ h e a l t h ] fine x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] none

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.  

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:18 pm
Even though she had lost all of the training of her previous life, by disposition, Kagerou was the type to endure rather than complain. However, after walking all through the village and after several flights of steps, her endurance was reaching its limit. It really was her training that brought out the best of her genetics. Without the guidance of her family, she had faced countless times when she felt absolutely inadequate.

She started to feel nauseated far earlier than predicted. She couldn't stare at anything but the ground comfortably, and the ground jolted with every movement made by Baranara. Not to mention, even though she didn't feel the best, she'd try to twist and crane her neck whenever she could to get a good look at where they walked to, making her situation even worse.

Truthfully, she could probably last a good while longer. However, since Kagerou didn't know exactly how many more dizzying steps she would need to go up, Kagerou patted Baranara's back in forfeiture. "Mr. Lord Banana sir," Kagerou asked politely, "Please, I can walk on my own now..." She considered adding that there was nowhere she could run to since they were inside what was clearly a command building. However, to include a detail such as that felt like it would break her innocent image.

NecroPlant

Arrow35

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm
User Image

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[ I ]t wasn't everyday you met the brother to your hero. No matter how many centuries of training, no matter the extensive planning and plotting, no matter the amount of time spent in slumber dreaming of the moment the reality would never be anywhere close to what had been conceptualized. This was never more apparent than this moment, with Hesrik sitting across from Shadow and not knowing the best way to answer the boy's first question. Of course in the moment he'd offered to tell the boy all, but how exactly would Shadow react? Knowing what lay within his flesh, knowing the darkness and evil he'd done in his lifetime in the pursuit of ultimate power? Not that Shadow's scorn would matter to him, of course. That wouldn't matter in the least. No, if Shadow hated it he would try to attack, and Hesrik would be forced to devour him, and that simply would have more negative consequences than he was willing to think about right then.
tab And so Hesrik stalled for time by reaching to the small container at the bottom of his desk where he withdrew chilled water in a clear glass bottle. Pulling out two cups with it and pouring one for each he placed one before Shadow before placing the last before him with the refill ready, the moisture beading on its exterior from the high humidity. "The question you ask, while appropriate, is not a simple nor easy one to answer," he began, crossing one leg over another as he sat back with hands folded in his lap. The eyes of a corpse studied Shadow's face in silence as he settled in the likely uncomfortable seat in which he was perched. "I can tell you I am not Junan, though I am made my the demon from the days before you were born. I can tell you that in this world there is little I would not sacrifice to end his existence and grant him one iota of the agony, the suffering he has put me through. And I can tell you that my name, once, was Oragor, as it is the name these people know me by now."
tab Turning his gaze to the distance where the Sero lay, its titanic canopy shading the forest below it to reveal the likely phosphorescent glow of the woods beneath. "From the little history I can find it was I who last sat upon the throne of Kirigakure no Sato, though none here know it now. I wish to reclaim my home, and bring to it again the prosperity and culture of those final days, the peace and tranquility of that time before the Taking claimed the lives of our people."
tab
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

NecroPlant
Royal Taorito

[ e x p ] 8300 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 660 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] Tired, Exulted, and Cautious x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] Back and Wrist from where Shadow struck x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Maintained

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Arrow35

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:16 pm
Lanfaer

NecroPlant

HeadlessKoko

Kokuei:
As I lay across Lord Baranara's shoulder, I realized where we were going and started to have doubts. But then again, Im a local. How would it look if I were to try to get away from a lord of my own land? I remain limp as we meander our way through town and up the tower. As we climb the tower I find myself becoming antsy and wanting to move for myself. ugh. Now what should I do? I don't want to be in trouble, but I don't want to STAY here. I kind of give up and decide to start....moving. Not a ton, but enough to seem like I am waking up, and as I do so I start to groan and moan. ...whe-where am I? I ask as I "wake up"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:15 pm
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx C - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R U K Y O

User Image
User Image
[x] I had to resist the urge to scoff at the mention of the answer to my question not being an easy one. Answers were almost always easy. It was just a matter of what one was willing to tell. But that statement alone told me that this man was deceiving the citizens of his village. He was sure to have his reasons, but that didn't exactly help me trust him.

He clarified that he was, in fact, not Junan, but instead something that was made by him, whatever that meant. Whatever happened to him, he despised the Devourer just as much as I did. Potentially more, since I had no idea what he'd gone through. But we both desired him to suffer. The gaps in my memory, however, left me wondering as to exactly why. Maybe I felt responsible for his plague on the world. I was curious how this man had encountered Junan before I was even born. Just how old was he? I had no idea when that monster was sealed away, but--as he explained a bit further on--this 'Oragor' had somehow lived for hundreds of years. Or at least that's what was implied by his statement that he was the last Mizukage.

So there was a lot about himself that he was hiding from his townsfolk. Not that that particularly affected my interaction with him, but it made me wonder why he chose to share this information with me. He seemed well enough want to help his people prosper, and to, eventually, reclaim the land--well, water--that Kirigakure inhabited. Whatever his personal ambitions behind his goal, it wasn't bad for the people involved.

Maybe. That depended on what had happened to Jack's defenses over the centuries that had passed.

Finally relaxing a small bit, my gaze drifted to the Sero tree on the horizon beyond the windows of the tower. Part of me wanted to travel there, go back to where this all began, and see personally what had become of it. But the experienced part of me knew that was a terrible idea. Without looking at Oragor, I asked, "What did he do to you?" I honestly didn't expect an answer, but if he gave it, all the better. He showed interest in me and, despite the scene I'd caused moments before, this honestly seemed like the best place for Kagerou to be. And maybe if he had use for me, I could find a purpose for myself again.

Stats:

Techniques Used:
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with chakra-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of Chakra, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

[ e x p ] 8225 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 445 / 495 [+15]x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 335 / 335

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:31 pm
User Image

tab
[ E ]xpecting the question didn't exactly help matters when Shadow finally spoke again. How, and where, could he begin? The boy was an important figure to his history, and to the man whom he worshiped almost to exclusion of all else. Lying to him wouldn't be prudent, especially if he had the abilities to tell truth from lie the way the old stories went. There was, too, the legend that he could kill with a look, or be flayed with a twitch if you irritated him too much. Looking at the boy now, and judging him by the standards Hesrik put to himself to measure the loss he'd suffered in coming to this world and timeline, it was incredibly probable the boy could no longer live up to those legends, if indeed he ever could. It was unlikely he ever realy gnawed off someone's face, or ripped off their arm to replace his missing one.
tab Speaking of, that made his eyes turn to the boy's left arm, which was said to now be made of the same metal as the powerful Mist Blade, Beheader. If it was true that the arm was made of such material than blood would regenerate it, which would give the stories of him burying his arm in his opponent's chest to regrow the broken limb all the more plausible.
tab If the ancient man could sweat, he would have.
tab Still, there was no point in telling the boy the gods' honest truth. None but Baranara knew that he was Jiongu, and fewer still knew what it was he feasted upon, or that his tendrils were a living parasite that utilized him as a host. To spread that knowledge was to invite death and damnation if the boy turned against him, and that was a risk he simply couldn't take. Not in good faith, as the risk outweighed the likelyhood of any benefit.
tab Taking a deep breath Hesrik instead decided to half speak the truth, hinting at a painful past without pushing the reality. "He planted something within me, something that gives me life eternal but for a terrible price," he began, spreading his arms to indicate the ancient and dessicated appearance that he bore. "No matter what I consume, no matter the rest I take I will forever appear this way until the day I bury my scythe in that demon's heart!" Anger spilled into his tone despite his desires and control. This caused the parasites within him to twist and writhe, his negative emotions stirring their hunger. Without intention his right hand leaped forward and up, clawing at his chest where his heart once lived. Pain blossomed as his nails scrabbled against the breastplate as he leaned forward, hissing. Acid dripped from his tone as he continued, his tone strained, but controlled. "I can tell, Shadow, that you do not trust me. Fine. I don't ask that of anyone. What I ask of you is to trust my hatred of this creature, and my desire for vengeance. I wish to bring peace to this world to spite that creature above all else, and I will not allow anything to stay my hand in continuing to do so."

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Royal Taorito

[ m o o d ] Worried, but hopeful. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] Back and Wrist from where Shadow struck x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Struggling

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:25 pm
User ImageUser Image

🌴"Cold: the air and water flowing, Hard: the land we call our home,Push to keep the dark from coming, Feel the weight of what we owe"🌴

"Soosh almost being there." He'd say raising his finger to the girls lips. Seeing as there was no one 'yet' to bother him. As the 'bother' was currently someone else Barnara could continue his ascent it was not much longer before reaching the floor of which was dubbed 'his room'. Two hearty slaps on the awakening Nara's rump while he squirmed would be the answer to his 'Where am I' as if to tell him to pipe down. Finally reaching the floor of which was now his place of residence only but a mere few flights later a meaty kick to the door and a scattering of birds inside the room followed.

Two palm trees in the left and right with well-planted soil to nurture them were the rooms largest accents. Tt absolutely reeked of Banana's and fruity scents something that no doubt kept Hesrick at bay from ever entering the place. Several spears and the abundance of vegetation and greenery in the room made it more akin to a greenhouse than a room. Even the windows were the type to focus sunlight inside like a greenhouse. It was. Incredibly HUMID. Uncomfortably so, of course, this would and never did bother Baranara. One could start to feel the moisture build between their toes if they were wearing socks or poorly breathable shoes, and or between areas of clothing that lacked breathability. God help anyone wearing silk that entered this room. More over it would DEFINITELY not help nausea.

Both Koukei and Kagerou were tossed like sacks of rice on his rather large bed. Strangely soft. The bedding comprised of pure feather and soft cloth. Although there was only a single blanket. A blanket which never looked used in the slightest made of clean linen. After all, Baranara would rarely get cold in a room like this even when his preferred method was to sleep naked. Of course, the thought of his nakedness having been all over this bed would be one that could only be presumed as he wouldn't outright say it of course. "Okay now, you are be telling me why is he be being attacking Orega.." he'd say demandingly but not angrily with a meaty pointed finger. Only then would someone walk up and whisper something in his ear. To which he'd vocalize "SON OF BEACH."

He looked at Kagerou and Koukei, A man and woman in a bedroom on a bed. "Me am having important business doing. You no leave the room! Understanding?!" He turned around. Then closed the door. The sound of a lock on the other side turning and the added sound of something propping against the door. Now it was just Kagerou and Koukei trapped in this SWELTERING room. How it feels to be in a hot car during the transitional period between summer and spring with the windows up and sun beating, that is what these two would be subject to until he'd get back...of course...they could always...BREAKOUT.

🌴This: The song of sons and daughters,Hide the heart of who we are,Making peace to build our future, Strong, united, working 'till we fall. And we all Lift, and we're all adrift, Together, Together.🌴

Chakra:125/125
    Stamina:305/325
    Ryo: 300/300 Exp:5,200
    •Vegetation Manipulation B

Arrow35

HeadlessKoko
    Lanfaer

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:44 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] Oragor's discomfort pulled my gaze away from the tree in the distance. It was almost palpable. Was he... afraid of me? Just what had this man heard of me from our past lives, and what caused him so much fear when he showed none of that fear when I flat out attacked him? Or maybe he was just really good at putting on a confident demeanor in public, and now that we were one-on-one a bit of his truer nature was showing through? That didn't feel right.

I listened silently to the man's answer. Junan had placed 'something' in him that made him virtually immortal. There were very few things that I could think of that could grant an extended lifespan. The first though was an artifact, what what kind of object could be placed inside someone. Regardless, Oragor hated the Devourer with every fiber of his being. He seethed just mentioning it, but for some reason that caused him to claw at his own chest--pain, maybe? Part of the 'price' he mentioned? My guard rose once more as he continued. He could tell I didn't trust him, but asked that I trust how much he despised that monster, and would stop at nothing to destroy him. We agreed on that, at least. Sensing that his sudden hostility wasn't directed at me, the tension I felt left again. "You're right," I said softly. "I don't trust you. You're manipulating the people that live here. But as long as they're safe that doesn't matter." My gaze drifted down to my metal arm, and I slowly clenched the hand into a fist. "Regardless of how I feel, that monster needs to die."

I wondered, for a brief moment, why my voice decided to work again alongside getting back those memories. If anything, the trauma I could now remember should have caused the opposite. At least communication would be easier, maybe. My mutism had always been fairly selective, but this was an important conversation that might end in very different ways.

My attention turned back to the massive Sero tree. I had a small part of a plan forming, but it didn't have enough detail yet to warrant action. But it might result in making an ally out of this man I didn't trust. "How bad is it?" I asked, referring to the former site of Kirigakure. Oragor had information on what became of the village after I was sealed away.

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

[ e x p ] 8225 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 460 / 495 [+15]x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 335 / 335

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:31 pm
With the word "BREAKOUT" in all caps, how could Kagerou not consider such an idea? Especially when she was gradually starting to feel like a steamed meat bun. Before long, Kagerou had pulled out her fan and started to wave it in front of her face to cool down.

Birds, there had been birds. Kagerou looked around the room for an open window. Despite how tempting the breakout idea was, she had made the mature choice to discard it quickly. Maybe if she was alone, but she didn't want Kokuei to get in trouble with her. She would advise the now awake Kokuei to do the same, "I know it's hot in here, but we should bear with it, lest we anger the village leadership," but not much else, feeling that he probably wouldn't want to be bothered by too many words in this sweltering heat.

She had abandoned the bed she had been tossed on early on. Laying on the soft, heat absorbent surface only made her feel even more ickily hot and humid. Instead, Kagerou walked around the room, looking out for an open window and inspecting the various plants. While she was not a fan of living in the greenhouse effect, she did appreciate the botanical results of it.

NecroPlant

Arrow35

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:10 am
HeadlessKoko

Arrow35

Indeed there had been birds. However, said birds had no place to go. So when they had scattered as they did earlier they eventually returned to their nests. The birds looked tropical, definitely not something you'd find naturally. These were likely imported or found through some way shape or form. Couldn't let the 'pets' get away now could he? Obviously being the type of birds they were they were unbothered by the heat. Although something odd was in the room as Kagerou looked around. There was a hatch. A hatch that lead below the room. What was below the room one could wonder?

The hatch would not be locked. If one were to open it they would see it would lead to someplace dark. If they dared brave this darkness they would find their body temperatures dropping as it was for the most part 'cool' in this room. Yet at the same time, it wasn't anywhere less 'moist' and icky feeling. If fully climbing down the provided ladder the room entered would appear to glow with a very soft light. That glow would be realized to be emanating from a culture of mushrooms. There wasn't much in this room but fungal cultures. Baranara wasn't really 'good' with fungi so there wasn't an abundance. These were merely fungi he'd found. This was the makings of a mushROOM an innocent place...UNTIL...on the walls there were manacles and chains. What looked like faint traces of dried blood. There was also a 'rack' and a bunch of questionable looking tools made of bamboo set on a table nearby. SOMETIMES. A guardsman gotta do what guardsman's gotta do that or they just discovered the
mans kink dungeon but uh the latter was a far more favorable thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:26 am
User Image

tab
[ I ]t would seem his rash display of temper had not been without its merits. The world was a new place, a new time, and likely had they been in a different situation the two of them wouldn't have been speaking like this. More likely Shadow would have been doing much better at attempting to kill them, if they'd ever met at all. Sizing up the boy not with the mind of what he was said to be, but what he looked to be now, Hesrik considered how best to respond to his low level accusation and, more importantly, how to answer his question. It had nothing to do with deception so much as concern, for Shadow had been said to be quite keen, meaning each word the Kokorokage let slip from his metaphorical lips would be weighed and judged. Without much effort he might be able to discern information that he wasn't meant to discover, and that was something he couldn't allow. Still, that didn't warrant rudeness, and so his eyes turned from the boy as he straightened his back and followed the child's gaze to the great Sero in the distance.
tab "I wish I could tell you," he began, his tone aggravated. "Any scout I send that way has been either turned back by nightmarish water dwellers or some arcane defense. Would that I could go there myself, then I would undue the seals that are there. That, or perhaps even reactivate some of the technological defenses and systems in our favor." With a curt gesture he indicated how unlikely that was to be. "In point of fact none seek to discover what lies there anymore. This puts us at a disadvantage in recovering the world that was lost. Given I fell at what I believe to be the last day of Kirigakure no Sato I am uncertain just what the state was of our home after my passing, yet given what I've seen...I cannot image it remains whole." Turning his gaze back to the living legend Hesrik considered carefully his next words, hoping against hope that something...unexpected would take place. "Perhaps we can work together to recover what was lost and piece together details that we both are lacking."
tab Of course, Shadow wouldn't know of the other place he had, nor of the jutsu he wished to unleash. Gaze wandering towards another section of the great window he was able to see the southern-most walls that Jack Harren Snipe had built at the beginning of his stewardship as Kage. Of all facts that bothered him it was the placement of the walls themselves that upset him most, for they were not where they were meant to be. Somehow, someway, the walls had grown. Where Kokogakure now stood was nearly ten miles from where the walls had been before, where the Father Gates had spilled those within onto the island proper. Without the Book of the Raven there would be no way for anyone to change or augment those walls. Yet how? It was that very book that had murdered Kirigakure no Sato on the last day of his past life, and while it might well be around only a Kage that bore the proper Sigil would have been able to open it without triggering the first traps, the one's he'd been able to avoid.
tab If that knowledge wouldn't bother Shadow it would sure as hell terrify Hesrik in his place.
tab
tab
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Royal Taorito

[ m o o d ] Worried, but hopeful. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] Back and Wrist from where Shadow struck x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Restored

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:41 am
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] The site surrounding the great tree and the waters that Kirigakure once inhabited sounded as though things had gone just about as bad as I could have imagined. After the village's downfall the defenses that Jack set up more than likely went haywire. With his ability to create reality from illusions, and after seeing what just a step out of lines could do when it came to the defenses, it didn't seem impossible that the area was corrupted or full of monsters, or whatever else was wrong with it. Not to mention despite us literally living on the Sero's trunk, the tree was a source of corrupted chakra, and that likely altered the landscape as well. So I definitely had to agree with Oragor in that making any sort of move on the former village was near impossible at the strength we were at currently.

However, I wasn't so sure about calling this man an ally. That wasn't how I functioned. It took a lot of trust for me to consider someone 'allied' with me, and so far he was on the bottom rung. But an established location near our eventual goal was as good of a place to be as any while Kagerou and I figured out what we were going to do. More specifically her, because I just tried my best to make sure she was safe. I never had in the past, and so far in the present, a goal or motivation for myself, outside of to protect those closest to me. As of now, that consisted of one person. "Use me as weapon, or a tool, or however you see fit," I replied after a moment of quiet consideration. Given the tension the man seemed to hold toward me, the wait probably had him on the edge of his seat.

"In exchange, I want my friend and I to have a safe place to stay, shelter, and access to your facilities as needed. We'll work for money. She's a medic." From the last three months I knew, as likely did he, how valuable someone with medical knowledge was. I hoped by mentioning it, he would be more likely to accept the offer, although I didn't think there would be a problem even without mentioning it. It's not like I was asking for much anyway, I think. On the other hand, I didn't like the idea of speaking for Kagerou, so I hoped she wouldn't have an issue with the arrangement.

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

[ e x p ] 8225 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 475 / 495 [+15]x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 335 / 335

________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas