Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure
[♥] Kokorogakure || Watcher's Point Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wrong post area re-directed to market place  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:25 pm
User Image
Power gives freedom from control and the pen of destiny to the author.
Power begets freedom, and I shall be the freest of them all.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[ W ]warmth was a foreign concept to him these days. When Finn mentioned it in tones of awe the Mizukage would suffer a sting of envy for the last time he'd felt warmth had been...had been...
tab Golden eyes, pale skin, the bite of her nails upon his face...
tab There one moment and gone the next the memory fled on wings of torment and regret back to whatever hell spawned them, leaving Hesrik momentarily dazed as his mind recoiled from the scene. Years. Centuries. It had been long since he'd...No, no he could not consider her. Now was not the time nor place to display such weakness, not before a devil in a dress and a boy wracked with deep-seated self-esteem troubles. Instead, he turned to move past his gaping ward to sit in the spartan chair in a flurry of robes as he moved them out of his way. The chair, much to his pleasure, remained silent despite its many previous rebellions leaving the reborn king to revel in this fortuitous of results. That b*****d monkey had taken some time to digest, after all, and until then he'd been forced to carry the excess weight as baggage until he'd been able to soothe the spirits within him with that meal. At long last the monstrosity had served some useful purpose.
tab Sighing as his other companion joined them the Mizuke gestured towards the wall near the entrance where a door rest beside a pile of comfortable looking chairs of various colors. "Please," he whispered, his voice carrying around the strange room in equal measure and intensity. "Select a chair, and we can begin discussing your tutelage within my village."

With power, there is always a price.

Techniques Used:
✤ Instant Transition ► Shunshin

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Somnus Aeternam
Quote:
Aritaryn
Quote:

[ e x p ] 8300 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 660 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] Content, but ever on guard. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Full

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:36 am
User Image
█ █ Finnian "Finn" Doherty █ █

» The Weeping Wolf «

╔══════════════════════════╗
[Classless] | [Classless]
[Shadebound] | [E-rank] | [Wind] | [Lightning]

XXXX Finn's words were met by silence, leaving with it no indication of the emotions Oragor felt in response to his words, which in turn made him think he'd spoken out of place. He knew it was stupid of him to feel such insecurity when this man had been nothing but kind to him. Maybe it was the strange cloud of energy that seemed to make up his shape that made him so nervous. That didn't seem right though, because everyone so far had looked like blobs in his eyes. So instead, he settled on the fact alone that Oragor was the leader and creator of the town, because that typically brought with it a deep respect. An intimidating respect.

When Oragor finally spoke up again, Finn tore his gaze away from the world below them to look in his direction. Ah, right, there was a chair somewhere... Shuffling backward, he nearly tripped over the seat that was basically right behind him. He caught himself by grabbing the tall back and then carefully shifted around until he was seated. In doing so, he realized the other figure, the female that had been following silently behind them had entered as well. Looking around blankly for a moment, he tried to figure out what to do with the scythe, but finally settled on just putting it on the ground beside him--which resulted in him whacking the desk with the broadside of the blade on the way down. Panicking slightly again, he let it drop the rest of the way and muttered an embarrassed "Sorry...".

This resulted in him clamping his mouth shut again for apologizing too much, and expecting annoyance from either of the other two for being so clumsy. He could only imagine the grief he was causing them, even if that wasn't actually the case. And there he sat in silence, waiting for Oragor to continue, wringing his hands together. XXXX

[Mana Pool 100/100] | [Stamina Pool 100/100]
[Divine Gaze: Active] | [Mana Trace: Active]

╚═══════════════════════════╝

Actions Made
-
-
-

Lanfaer
Somnus Aeternam

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 pm
User Image

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[ A ] light chuckle escaped Hesrik's lips as the boy sat and looked like a chided schoolboy. It was clear there would be much work to do in his training to make him competent both to his home and, most importantly, to himself. A soldier, a tool, was nothing if not honed to an edge and kept in such condition for immediate use. A wounded soul of broken spirit and body was of no use as it stood, but those eyes...he could see Mana, something that the Mizukage sorely desired but which he kept away from for the moment. A single failure could well spell the boy's doom, his destiny cut short by a desire for power more sacred and honored than any other. For the moment the youth would receive the benefit of the doubt on his usefulness, a gamble to be sure but one that could pay off handsomely.
tab A weapon was of more use wielded by itself, without direction from the hand it serves, after all.
tab While watching the boy he waited for his silent attendant to take a seat, yet as the quiet carried on longer than decorum would allow Hesrik mentally took note and turned back to Finn, his eyes creasing at the corners in a vague indication of thought. "There is no need for apology here, Finnian," he began, his tone jovial for the moment. Shifting his thigh to allow for more room he touched a drawer handle lightly, almost with a caress, before he took hold and drew it out. The movement was smooth yet the metallic materials within rattled softly as they were jostled. Reaching into the hollow container he withdrew two black bands of tough fabric with iron bands bolted in place atop their surfaces, each bearing a motif of a skeletal claw upon it. Three digits, hooked in an arching design, marked the field of unforgiving grey upon a field of night to symbolize their home, to pay homage to the titan from which they pulled their foundational resources. Placing each side by side before him at the center of his desk Hesrik pushed the container closed with a quiet click before sitting back.
tab "As I said below you will need to prove yourself useful to this village. I did not misspeak. That said, proving oneself isn't going to be something you can fail to do automatically, as I will help make sure you grow to your greatest potential, whatever that may be." Cocking his eyebrow towards the silent girl he continued to Finnian, who appeared to maintain attention. "But that is for another time. Please, speak. I will have food and drink brought, but if you have questions, or concerns, speak them now so I may put your heart at rest."
tab
tab
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Somnus Aeternam
Quote:
Aritaryn
Quote:

[ e x p ] 8300 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 660 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] Content, but ever on guard. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Full

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:27 pm
User Image

» The Weeping Wolf «

[Puppeting with Lan's permission.]

XXXX Finn's eyes turned back toward Oragor as the man spoke, telling him he didn't need to apologize again. And, again, Finn had to resist saying 'sorry' in response. Instead he stuck his hands in his lap to stop himself from fidgeting while the village leader continued. Evidently, he wasn't kidding about needing to prove oneself in order to remain in the town, but there was also no immediate rush in doing so. Finn would have time to figure out where he belonged before having to worry about it. Or so he hoped. Oragor went on to ask if he had any questions. Like always, the second he was asked, any questions he might have had fled his mind, so instead he looked down at his lap and shook his head.

After a moment, instead, Oragor asked a question. "Alright, how about this then? What do you remember from your past life, where you came from?"

Finn's hands curled into fists, balling the fabric of his pants with them. "Not very much, honestly." And what he did remember, he didn't really want to. Darkness and pain, and... those girls. Right, how could he have forgotten about them? "I remember protecting someone. Two girls, younger than me. We were..." He hesitated, closing his eyes. "We were trapped in a dark place for a very long time."

"How long has your vision been impaired?"

Finn opened his eyes again and glanced back toward Oragor. "Not long. While we were in that dark place I..." Hesitation again, and he shifted uncomfortably. "I was protecting one of the girls from someone. And I got hit in the head. Hard. I blacked out, and when I woke up I could barely think or see." He laughed dryly at the small realization. He wasn't even sure sure if he would be able to ever do more than simple math or understand difficult words. "I think it damaged more than my vision."

His answer resulted in a long pause from the man sitting across from him, and Finn suddenly remembered that someone else was present as well. He didn't want to feel like he was grasping for pity or sympathy from them; if it had just been Oragor, he might not have felt so unnerved, but with both of them there...well, he was already trying to cut out as much detail as possible. They likely didn't care about his story. Or maybe they did, but he didn't want to burden them with what little he could remember. That he thought he had died in that dark place, forgotten and alone, for a reason he couldn't recall.

Finally, another question came. "Besides the mana symbols you saw, have you found yourself able to perceive anything else?"

Finn perked up a little at that, though it only showed in him sitting slightly straighter, a small smile lighting his face and blank blue eyes. "I see people as colors. Like... you're a dark red, for example. And I can see other things that are made out of magic, I think. Things made of the same energy as that symbol. I could tell that you made that symbol because it was the same color as you." It wasn't a great explanation, but given he lacked the words necessary for his ability, it was the best he could do. In fact, he found himself feeling almost childishly proud of it. XXXX

Actions Made
-
-
-

Lanfaer
Somnus Aeternam

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:18 pm
User Image

tab
[ L ]eaning back into his Chair, Hesrik considered the boy's words and past. There was much to take from what he'd said alone, from a history of protection and being locked in a dark place to learning about the boy's ability to see the color of chakr-ah, Mana. That distinction still caught him from time to time, unfortunately. Either way, the information was startling and powerful indeed, but also gave insight to the type of person this boy was. The musings could well bring some level of recall for him, and so Hesrik lifted one leg and placed it over the other before speaking aloud in a quiet tone. Hopefully, something he said would trigger another memory of events. "From your tone, it's clear the girls were a charge of sorts all their own," he began, lifting one hand to tap his chin over the mask. Turning his eyes away from the boy he instead turned them to the headbands on his desk. "That the memory of protecting them appears paramount in your mind I would be willing to place decent odds on your being some sort of guardian in your past. That, or at the very least possessing the personality of one. The dark is a natural place of fear for a human mind, after all, and fear often drives a man to show his true self. That you chose to protect instead of abandon paints you an honest man indeed."
tab Lowering his hands from his chin the Mizukage held open a side of his robe and took from within a thin notebook, bound in leather and held closed by a thick band of violet twine. Holding it slightly before him and opening it with the fingers of the same hand be took the quill upon his desk and began to scratch some notes into the book. "Bravery is indeed a good quality for a young man to have, yet the loss of eyesight...I feel this might have been symbolic. Yes...Such actions were often brought from the gods or other mighty spirits with the purpose of a blessing for good work. Perhaps not something definitive as such, yet the possibility exists." Hesitating a moment to tap the back of the book with the same hand the ancient shinobi continued to ponder for a moment before speaking again to break the sudden silence. "The ability to see Mana is a powerful one. Back in the days of the Third era and prior those who bore the Byakuugan and Sharingan could see Chakra, now mana, flowing through the body. If your eyesight follows those same rules you are looking at a boon once you get the hang of it. If it is to be believed this world is made of up mana in nearly everything, then truly, your eyes will allow you to see much that a normal person is blind do."
tab Taking a deep breath and closing the journal he stowed the book back into his robes and placed the quill back in its place before leaning forward and steepling his hands together. Within him something stirred as he felt shock ripple from his bond with his companion, but he knew if it was an ill situation she would appear beside him. Thus it mustn't be too bad. Still, he sent his wishes to her through their link, and waited for the boy's response, to see if anything was wiggled loose.
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Somnus Aeternam
Quote:
Aritaryn
Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:51 am
User Image

» The Weeping Wolf «

XXXX Finn's gaze dropped to his lap again, one leg bouncing not in impatience but more as a comforting gesture. He felt ashamed, if anything, by Oragor's description of him. He remembered bits and pieces of his time trapped, and they all painted a picture very different to him that the one the village leader had, leaving him to wonder what kind of person he was just as much as Oragor did. From what he could recall, he'd been an awkward teen that avoided people for the most part. He'd lived a relatively normal life where nothing exciting happened. And then he was taken away from it out of the blue, where he later met his fate, or his assumed fate. "Honestly..." he said finally, his voice quiet. His leg stopped moving as if a heavy weight kept it still. "I dunno if I would have protected them if I coulda got out of that place." His hands curled into fists. "Besides that, I get the feeling that I'm still alive and they're not. I wasn't good enough. And it was all because some sicko thought it was fun to torture kids."

If he'd gone any further, he probably would have punched something. Remembering hurt. He didn't want to remember. There was no joy in it, just a myriad of anger and fear that should have sent his heart pounding like in stories. But again there was nothing, not a throb from his chest. He really was starting to think he was actually dead and this was some sort of weird and cruel afterlife.

Calming himself again, or at least as well as he could, his leg resumed its bouncing. "So--" He cut himself off and grimaced slightly. Stop apologizing; its annoying. "I'm just some kid from some place. I dunno if I'll be any use to you." XXXX

Actions Made
-
-
-

Lanfaer
Somnus Aeternam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:19 pm
User Image

tab
[ T ]ap. Tap. Tap.
tab Fingers drumming one by one upon the surface of his desk Hesrik watched the boy with more consideration. Intentions were more important than actions in some cases, and in a situation where there was clearly no good answer he still chose to try. Admirable in a protector. With Baranara down for the count in his rooms, ill with some plague-born devastation, the Arcanist would need a new shield to keep himself safe. It was with this intent that he questioned the boy, even as he would question the Fae girl when it came to a true apprentice for his art. Each had a purpose here, in being allowed here, and it was towards that end he continued to poke and prod his potential replacement.
tab Tap. Tap. Tap.
tab Ceasing the tapping of his rebellious hand the Mizukage pushed one of the bands forwards in a clear indication for who it was meant. Tapping thrice upon its metal surface he withdrew his hand and sat straighter, his expression becoming more serious as he chose his words carefully. "Your heart is what matters here, Finn," he chided gently, not a single ounce of venom within his words. Honey, with a bite of spice. "Not your body. Not yet. Once I was boy no older than you and knew naught but the binding of books. I spent days, years of my life simply stitching, gluing, and doing nothing noteworthy outside that work. Once, I was a Shinobi that learned the hidden arts and brought nations to their knees. All that lay between the two was drive and willpower. Drive to continue on and do all I must to reach my goals, and the willpower to let nothing between heaven and earth and death itself sunder my plans. You see yourself as nothing, Finn. I see you as rife with potential." Sitting back once more from his little speech, words twisted with memory but ignoring what it could be spelling at the moment, he continued. "The choice is yours', Flinn. No one else's. Will you remain the boy scared in the dark, or take the steps to shatter the face of despair when next it dares rear its head?"

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Somnus Aeternam
Quote:
Aritaryn
Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:45 pm
User Image

» The Weeping Wolf «

XXXX Regardless of what it was meant to be construed as, the steady tapping of Oragor's fingers told Finn's insecurity 'impatience'. That he was wasting the man's time. He told himself, however, that it was just a sound to fill the silence while the man thought. Contemplation. He was trying to figure out what to do with him, since he'd shoved himself into a rut he couldn't pull himself out of. The sense of failure that pervaded him at the memories he had recalled left him feeling useless in the situation being presented to him. He couldn't imagine he'd been good at anything before the bits of memory he had, let alone now.

When he at last stopped tapping, Finn's gaze rose toward the man once more. A slight scraping of fabric and three taps against something metal. Was something being held toward him? He could sort of make out Oragor's arm retreating away from something sitting on the desk, only mostly because it was a different color than the surface under it. Finn reached out to grab it but froze when the village leader spoke again. He gave a small insight into his own past, where he was a book binder. At some point he became a shinobi. That sounded vaguely familiar to the blind boy. He'd been a powerful one at that, evidently.

Unfortunately, the man said too much, and if anything, his stress only got worse. Having the question laid in front of him made the feeling all the more pressing. The conversation was lost to him. He didn't know what the purpose of it was anymore, just that he was being asked prying questions that he didn't know how to answer. What did he want by asking if Finn would pull himself out of the dark? He'd been conscious all of maybe an hour, was blind, and had virtually no memory. He was still trying to get a grasp of what was going on. Gaze turning toward the window he'd looked through previously, he sighed lightly. "I guess... I need more time to figure things out. I'm scared and I barely know who I am, and you keep asking me to commit to something I don't understand. No offense, but this doesn't help me. I..." He struggled for a moment for the words he wanted to say. "I feel like we're just going in circles, and I-I honestly dunno what you want from me." His blank stare returned to the object on the desk, and he fidgeted uncomfortably. "S-so if that's some symbol of agreeing to something, I'm afraid I can't take it, because I dunno what I'm agreeing to." XXXX

Actions Made
-
-
-

Lanfaer
Somnus Aeternam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:18 pm
User Image

tab
[ A ] small smile would have graced his lips were it not for his current lack of them. While he'd hoped that Finn would do just that, take the band and make a decision, he had also planned for the boy's decision to back off. It was...well, it wasn't optimal, but it was something he respected. It wasn't Finn's fault that the warrior he'd met most recently, and dealt with, had been Baranara. A simpleton who thought along the lines of a barbarian, but someone who had a plan, had a direction to go in life. Just as Hesrik had once been aimless so, too, was Finn, but with an even greater problem: a lack of self-confidence. Such a mindset was quite alien to him, as he'd never once felt such a lack in his abilities. He'd always had faith in his ability to plan and think ahead, to stop and consider possibilities before actions. As such in a small way he respected the boy's decision to wait.
tab Placing both hands in his lap the Mizukage chuckled with dry amusement. "Brave, to speak up as you are," he began as he twisted his voice to carry an inflection of admiration. "I've known many who would cower before perceived power and authority, or worse, crave to establish themselves in some manner by playing to the desires I've shown. I cannot imagine it was easy to do so, but I thank you for the honesty all the same." Placing his hands upon the desk he rose to his full height and turned to walk slowly, thoughtfully, towards one of the windows that allowed him a view of the Sero off in the distance. "I apologize for how I treated you. It was a test, nothing more, though I spoke no untruths. I wanted to know who you were, which of the variety of people you would be when spoken to in such a manner. I learned much, and with that learning comes respect. You are granted entry to this city, Finn, as a member of the citizenry." Turning slightly, knowing Finn couldn't see him, he held out his hand and pointed at the headband more for the girl's benefit than Finn's. "That headband I have placed before you grants you that access. You are entitled to an apartment, a home, and supplies until you've made your decision. If you ever do. If you decide to take up my offer know you'll be able to become whatever you set out to be. I will help make it so. But my aid and friendship come with no ties here, Finn. You do you, as the children used to say."

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Somnus Aeternam
Quote:
Aritaryn
Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:38 pm
User Image

» The Weeping Wolf «

XXXX Unsure what to expect in return for his words, Finn had to stop himself from flinching when Oragor spoke again. If it weren't for the tone of appreciation his voice held, Finn wasn't sure what he would have done. Saying what he had said definitely wasn't easy, as the man expressed, and he was grateful for Finn's honesty. The boy kept his gaze on his hands and he heard Oragor move about the office. Evidently, this was all part of his test, trying to get an idea of who he was, and he was granting citizenship to him for his answers. He guessed he'd given the right ones after all.

Blank eyes turned back to the object on the desk at them mention of it. It would give him access to facilities he needed and stood as a symbol of his part in the town. He would get a home to call his own, and, by the sounds of it, the offer would remain open if he ever chose to take up Oragor's offer. Offer of...what exactly? That was his entire problem with the conversation that had just transpired. Not entirely sure if he'd missed something, it was a question he didn't have any sort of answer to. Regardless, the village leader was still willing to help him if he needed it.

Right then, the biggest problem was finding his way around, finding this apparent home and any other resources he needed to get by. Like food. Sure, his nose could work for that to an extent, but his blindness was proving to be a much bigger handicap than he'd originally imagined. He looked to his side, still not reaching for the headband. "How... am I supposed to get around?" he asked quietly, hoping Oragor would have a solution for him. It wasn't like he knew anyone, but he didn't want to be an inconvenience to the village leader. XXXX

Actions Made
-
-
-

Lanfaer
Somnus Aeternam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:52 pm
User Image

tab
[ T ]he question was a good one, and something he'd been had one of his parasites pondering while he'd spoken. Poking the particular beast he demanded an answer in silence and received one, though one he hadn't expected. The process, the training...would the boy take it? Perhaps, perhaps not, but it would require practice for him to utilize on his own time if he was to hone it for everyday use. Striding towards the boy and his desk Hesrik placed himself in front of Finn and leaned back to sit upon his desk, crossing his arms across his chest in the process.
tab Exhaling softly he stared down at the boy in silence as he considered how best to broach the subject. "I mentioned once I was a Shinobi," he began, his voice certain and clear despite the newness of the information he was about to impart. "That has given me some insight in the situation with your eyes. Once, those who bore the Sharingan, Byakugan, and others were able to view chakra with the aid of their Doujutsu. The days of the shinobi are dead, and the average person appears to have lost memory of those days. But with that knowledge, I might be able to give some insight on how to hone your vision to be used in daily life, as unlike those days Mana suffuses all aspects of life."
tab Extending his hand he held it palm towards Finn, maybe a meter from his face. Expression nonchalant he focused more of his mana into his hand, a negligible amount by all standards. "This will not count as accepting my offer to be trained in the arts of Mana and Stamina use, to become a shinobi or some manner of new thing with the terms that are now used. This is simply to assist your vision. Focus on my hand before you, see the...I believe you said the color was red? Focus on that color. See the difference in strength from the rest of my color, see the detail of its proximity in comparison to the rest of me." The creak of the desk beneath his bottom, the shifting of the metal upon his chest, the sounds around them broke the silence Hesrik maintained as he waited several moments, to give him a chance to follow along. "Now, look beyond that. You see myself as red, perhaps yourself another color entirely, but look around you in relation to myself. What colors do you see? There are millions of shades of black, white, and gray. Of blue, black, and red. Focus upon those differences, the way they move and fluctuate as you do. Mana is a part of everything, from the marrow in your bones to the stones of this tower. It is simply a matter of recognizing the differences. Can you see it?"
tab Would the boy see it? Perhaps not, but if he could...he would be able to make his way through the world with what amounted to a blessing in disguise. In the old days Chakra lived only in the beings with a pulse, born of the fruit of the original tree. Now...Mana was altogether different, some sort of mutation that suffused everything from the atom to the stars themselves. Everything thrived and existed off of mana more than they ever had as chakra, and honestly, that was thrilling! A world with new rules and laws to exploit, new potential for power?
tab Sign him up.
tab
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Somnus Aeternam
Quote:
Aritaryn
Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:40 pm
User Image

» The Weeping Wolf «

XXXX Finn did as he was told, focusing his attention on the hand that hovered a few feet in front of him. It definitely was subtle, almost imperceptible, but the red of his hand was more prominent than the rest of his body. But he could have just been imagining it, too, due to knowing it was there. Still... maybe with enough practice, he might one day figure out how to perceive the differences in distance and depth between the colors. Part of him, though, wished he could be completely blind so that his brain didn't still try to rely on his eyes. Because so long as he could see anything at all, it was the default his body was set to, just like most people.

Maybe he could focus on honing his other senses instead, on his own time, by covering his eyes. He vaguely remembered some stories or something about that working. That blind people had improved hearing and such due to the body making up for the lack of sight. Then he could just rely on what little vision he had for things like seeing mana.

Looking slightly disappointed, Finn replied softly. "Sort of?" He was clearly disappointed, but in himself, not anything that Oragor was doing. He knew it would take time before he got the hang of it, but his uselessness in doing just about anything would hang over him in the meanwhile. "Maybe... it would help to see something other than red... mana." He hesitated on the last word, remembering there was actually a name for what he saw. It didn't help that his mana was apparently red as well, but neither as dark nor as bold as the man before him. He fidgeted, pulling at the straps of the bag that still sat in his lap. "B-but I'm sure you have better things to do than lead me around. I can figure it out... probably." He pushed himself carefully to his feet, hugging the pack to his chest. The scythe remained discarded where he'd dropped it. It wasn't like he could keep carrying it around with him. As long as he stuck to the walls, he wouldn't have worry about figuring out how far away something that he could vaguely see was from him. XXXX

Actions Made
-
-
-

Lanfaer
Somnus Aeternam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:28 pm
User Image

tab
[ T ]ouche, he thought to himself as the boy gave in for the moment. He was, oddly, trying to mold the boy in a way Hesrik wanted instead of letting him figure it out himself. It seemed the boy was beginning to form plans, something he was likely going to find to be the better option. Nodding, Hesrik responded. "I will have a guide for you readied until you are better at maneuvering yourself. If you need anything just let me know, or your guide know. Her name is Charlotte."
tab
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Somnus Aeternam
Quote:
Aritaryn
Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Aritaryn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:32 pm
User Image

» The Weeping Wolf «

XXXX Finn dipped his head in a slight bow of thanks, unsure what else really to do or say. The motion brought the headband back into view, reminding him that he was supposed to take it. It would give him access to any resources he would need. Although, how he was supposed to get food or anything really besides a place to sleep was still beyond him. But he assumed his guide, someone named Charlotte, would be able to help with that. He hated the idea of having to rely on someone else, but until he got the hang of his disability, he didn't really have a choice. "Thank you for your time, sir..." he said softly and reached for the strip of cloth on the desk. It took a couple times grasping at air, which made his face flare with heat again, before he managed to find and take it. With that, he took his leave, starting the slow journey back down the tower. Of course, it occurred to him when he made it to the stairway that there were more floors to go down than he'd come up. Taking a deep breath, he steeled himself, and headed down. XXXX

[Exit]

Experience

Actions Made
-
-
-

Lanfaer
Somnus Aeternam

________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure