Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply ________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure
[♥] Kokorogakure || Watcher's Point Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:38 am
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx B - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R I N K B O R N

User Image
User Image
[x] Back at the tower, I wasn't particularly thrilled to be there. And really I didn't even need to be. Or at least I wouldn't if I felt like I could reach old Kirigakure and, in turn, the Sero on my own. There was no way that, over all the time that had passed, the chakra--mana?--that Jack had stored there hadn't gone haywire. I would have honestly been surprised if anything was able to get close to it. Because of that, I had to work with Oragor for the time being. I had the skills and he had the means to get there.

Stepping into the lobby, I was greeted by a comfortably decorated room that I hadn't really noticed on my way out the last time. A couple of the bird creatures I'd seen around sat waiting and a secretary glanced at me from her desk, but otherwise the room was void of people. The secretary bore a pair of horns and, on closer inspection, I realized she was sitting on the floor rather than in a chair, showing she was incredibly tall. A spark of recognition lit in her eyes at the sight of me and she directed me toward the stairs. Which was fine because I hadn't had an intention of waiting anyway.

I was a bit worn out from the journey, combined with my lack of sleep, so the ten flights of stairs I had to climb left my lungs burning a bit by the time I reached the top. I paused before the final staircase to regain my breath before heading the rest of the way up.

The harpy from the gates was present in the room, as well as Oragor, although the chair he sat in faced away from the stairs where he watched the Sero in the distance. The clay-like familiar likely already informed the man of our accomplishment, but I wasn't so sure either expected me to show up already, still covered in mud and filth from travel. "You've got your lizard," I said flatly, and then waited.

I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone.

Stats:
Power [4] || Agility [5] || Intelligence [5] || Mana [4]
• Physical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: +0.5
• Magical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
• Illusion| Strength: +0.0
• Arcanist Spell Cost: [-5] Mana
• Simple and Unnamed Attack Cost: [-5] Stamina

Techniques Used:
✤ [Prepared] Ink Transport - C
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with mana-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of mana, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ Speak to Oragor.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 14,275 [+800]x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

[ m o o d ] neutral x|x [ h e a l t h ] fine x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] none

Lanfaer

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:53 pm
User Image
Power gives freedom from control and the pen of destiny to the author.
Power begets freedom, and I shall be the freest of them all.

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[ S ]everal days had passed since he'd attained his companion, Finn, and his new resident pupil. Both were away at the time, unfortunately, or else they would have been there as Shadow opened his door and made himself known with the signature bluntness he was somewhat legendary for. As it was only his familiar, the mud-born succubus that had come to him some time past, remained in the room with him as he gazed out of one side of his study at the titanic Sero in the distance. Many days of travel through marshland that, to his knowledge, hadn't existed before would see Hesrik at the base of his one-time empire, and yet three months, two weeks and five days had seen him no closer to rediscovering all he'd lost and subjugating the world under his iron rule. Still, he was not powerful. Those facts alone would have driven him mad were it not for the slow burn his soul had attained when Finn arrived.
tab The conversation had left him...resentful. Once, Hesrik had been the Mizukage of Kirigakure no Sato, a powerful ninjutsu wielder that ruled a kingdom where all who called it home bore a small part of him within them. He had plots and plans for centuries ahead, schemes that would take decades to come to fruition, and even fear from the other Kages for the vast intelligence and battle tactics he displayed. Now...now he floundered with a blind boy. Part of that was the needs of the population had changed. Gone was the hunger for power that so many Genin had displayed, replaced by a practical drive to survive in a hostile, unfamiliar world. That left him in a precarious place out of touch with the needs of impressionable youth. Danger was present in every action he took as he struggled to discover how best to move forward in a world gone mad. To think a boy would have no ulterior motives but was, in fact, just a civilian in need of help? Strange indeed, but he wasn't willing to let the opportunity go.
tab He just had to adapt.
tab When the door opened to reveal Shadow and his words echoed within the silent room Dianna looked to him with that neutral expression of hers', waiting for Hesrik to answer. Hands to the arms of his chair, back straiter than iron, the self-styled Governor of the Heart didn't react at first. Too busy for a moment reorganizing his thoughts for a better time he leisurely relaxed his spine, allowing himself some semblance of comfort at the success their partnership had wrought. "And you have the first part of your promised reward," he responded, keeping his tone casual and carefree as he continued with eyes fixed upon his goals ahead. "The latter will come when her first clutch is born, where you and the lady Kagerou will have first pick to raise as your own." As his familiar gestured to his desk where two headbands lay Hesrik continued on. "I've informed the Academy that you are granted lateral freedom within its walls. As such you will find nothing barred from your eyes as you seek to improve yourself."
tab Without turning he raised his hands to steeple before his gaze, for he knew Shadow would not be here if it weren't for something else. There was no need to speak to the man who looked so much like his hated enemy, after all, without some need kept within it. "I suppose you are here about the mission Dianna mentioned?"

With power, there is always a price.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Quote:
Royal Taorito
Quote:

[ e x p ] 8300 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 660 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] Content, but ever on guard. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Full

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:15 pm
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx B - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R I N K B O R N

User Image
User Image
[x] Oragor didn't turn to face me as I spoke. If he felt any of the apprehension he expressed when we last spoke, it didn't show this time. In fact, I couldn't get much of anything from him. Nothing I could identify anyway. They were likely emotions that derived from something else, unrelated to my presence. It didn't matter either way, nor did I care. I was there for a job and nothing more.

He reiterated the rewards that the clay woman had told me at the gates, as well as adding that we were to receive mounts from the first brood that was bred. Another thing I didn't particularly care for, but not much in the way of worldly possessions did to begin with. In fact, when I really thought about it, I didn't have much in the way of motivations in general outside of surviving. That was an issue I chose not to dwell on for Kagerou's sake. For now, where she wanted to go was also where I wanted, and she wanted to get to the Sero, so I would see her there. We'd traveled much further on foot to get to the village of Kokorogakure, so a mount wasn't necessary, but it helped.

The familiar gestured to two headbands that sat atop the desk. I wasn't too fond of the idea of taking them, but I guessed we wouldn't get access to much without them. Even if the village didn't exist anymore, taking another headband felt like a betrayal to Kirigakure and, in turn, Jack, even if that wasn't actually the case. Picking up both, I stored them away in my bag for the time being. "I am," I replied, my gaze turning back to the man seated across the desk, shifting my supplies slightly so that they were more comfortable. Assuming the mission wasn't urgent, the plan was to recover overnight and start off in the morning. As much as I would have preferred Kagerou to stay in the town where it was safe, I knew she would refuse to remain behind.

Stats:

Techniques Used:
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with mana-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of mana, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ Speak to Oragor.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 14,325 x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:59 pm
User Image

C U R S E D B E G O T T E N M A N I P U L A T O R xxxxx H e s r i k U r u k s a b r i l xxxxx M I Z U K A G E S A G E H A R V E S T E R

tab
[ I ]t was apparent that as far as Shadow was concerned he wanted to be on his way. Whether that was to accomplish a task or to avoid his presence wasn't entirely clear, but it didn't matter either. He would server as his hand while Hesrik was stuck dealing with politics.
tab Which was as it should be.
tab Raising a hand to gesture into the distance, towards the great Sero tree and fifteen degrees clockwise from its position, a single light would appear on the glass as if a beacon. It pulsed, pinging as if from radar, as he lowered his hand back to his chair and he explained. "There, where the point lay, is a large swathe of forest," he began, his tone quite calm and controlled, was soothing in its own right. "There our scouts have reported strange visions of a man in a strange hat with emerald eyes and a strange way of talking who whispers dark secrets, but for a price."

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Quote:
Royal Taorito
Quote:

[ e x p ] 8300 x|x [ r y o ] 0900 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 660 / 720 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 180 / 180

[ m o o d ] Content, but ever on guard. x|x [ h e a l t h ] Full x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] None x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Full

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:56 am
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] Straight to business then. Good. I followed Oragor's gesture to the window, and the forested bogs beyond the city walls. A beacon illuminated itself on the glass, pinging the location he spoke of. From so far, it was hard to say what landmarks marked the location he wanted us to go, but it was also entirely possible he hadn't been there to provide that information.

My gaze snapped back to the man at the description he gave of the target. Strange hat, emerald eyes, strange way of talking. No, that was impossible. Jack was dead. I was sure of that. If the fact I had one of his eyes embedded in my head wasn't enough to prove that. Oragor had mentioned 'eyes', meaning the target had been seen with both. But then, whatever had kept us alive for the past several centuries could change the composition of the body; who knew what else it could have done.

I kept my expression carefully neutral, but I couldn't stop my hands at my sides from curling into fists. I relaxed them again the moment I noticed, but I doubted it escaped the man's gaze. Focus. He said 'visions', not 'sightings'. So did that mean people were seeing some sort of illusion, or was he just trying to use flavorful language and meant a physical person? I kept my question vague due to that uncertainty. "What exactly is it you want me to do?" I looked back at the window, memorizing where the ping was compared to the Sero. A couple of days travel on foot, it looked. "And who can I speak to for more details on the area?"

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ Speak to Oragor.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 14,350 x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:25 pm
User Image

tab
[ T ]turning at last to cast his gaze upon Shadow there was an tightness around the eyes that Hesrik couldn't suppress as he thought of what to say. It was certain that Shadow would catch his meaning, as few would associate this specific description as anything abnormal of worthy of concern without their specific background. He wasn't certain how to respond until he heard his misfit Shard clear her throat, after which he turned his eyes on her before moving his attention over to Shadow for his orders. "I want you to investigate. Even if in the most likely case what we both suspect is impossible it means someone, or something, knows enough about that past to create a duplicate. It could be an illusionist from those days praying on the innocent or weak, or it could be a long lost bit of technology that needs specific words to trigger pre-recorded messages." Sitting back in his chair he gestured towards the distance, where the dot remained on the glass. "Find out the truth here, and whether we have anything to fear."
tab Tapping a finger upon his chin as he considered the options at hand he mused aloud, knowing Shadow would likely listen. "If it is him, however, I wonder what he'd want." There were many things about Jack that he knew, but Hesrik had never truly met the man, only the myth and legend. His teachings had already begun to spread by the time Hesrik rose to power and that was entirely based on observation and what Jack's students had mentioned. In short, there wasn't much, only assumptions to be made that held clear bias.
tab Gesturing to Shadow to go ahead and go. "My scout, Tetrion, will fill you in. I will have him go to your home and explain it there. There is no time limit here, just a matter of you accomplishing this task."
tab
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Quote:
Royal Taorito
Quote:

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:17 am
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] So I was just to scout out the rumor. I didn't know what this man's connection to Jack was, but he was thinking the same thing I was. If it somehow was him, if he had somehow survived, then it could mean either a very good thing, or a bad thing, depending on the circumstances. As much as I might have wanted it to be the real thing, I hoped Oragor was right about it just being an illusion or something along those lines.

He gestured toward the doors, dismissing me to leave. The scout that had sighted this Jack-like figure would meet at my home later. I gave a curt nod in acceptance, and then made my leave.

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ Speak to Oragor.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 14,375 x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:00 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[ Rajan Stormborn ]

Adventurer l Trickster l Entite l D - Rank

I had arrived in this curious settlement some hours ago, following rumors that their leader was in the cusp of reaching an agreement with the Anzu. The people at the base of the building had instructed me that their leader, a man by the name of Oragor. I couldn't say I knew anything about him, or this place, just that Reza, before his disappearance, had spoken about eventually taking over this place. While I shared his general ambition and desire to see the frozen kingdom rule over the land, his brand of leadership didn't really fit my style. Alas, with Reza gone, Frostblight soon descended into chaos as the Anzu attacks grew more common, until the people, for the most part, left.

As I took my first step onto the staircase, I found myself suddenly transported to a room which I could peer inside. There were two people there and a creature standing near one of the men. He had just mentioned that a scout, his scout, will find the second man. That means this must be Oragor. I waited a moment before speaking and letting my presence be known, although I wouldn't have been surprised if either, if not both of them, already knew I was here. "Excuse me sirs." I said after clearing my throat. "Pardon the intrusion. I heard there are ongoing negotiations with the Anzu and my particular set of skills may be of service to your settlement. My name is Rajan, it is my pleasure to make your acquaintance." I looked at the two men and at the winged woman and offered them a smirk and a smile with my silver-gray eyes. It was all about the charm at this stage. I had to get my way in to ensure my survival. Sure, I could hide among the people, but where was the fun in that? The people had to see that you're working to further their interests if you want to succeed.

Stats:

Power: 1
Agility: 2
Intelligence: 5
Chakra: 6

Passives

Half [.5] rank increase to spiritual strength

[5] Mana reduction to cost of Spells and Spiritual attacks (minimum of [5])

PA - Consumption: Gain the ability to devour the element you are born from and regain energy in the process. Able to gain back one quarter [.25] of the associated cost with a rank (minimum of [5]) of that element from consuming it, remove it from existence by absorbing it into your body through a variety of means. I.e. if the rank of fire is C - rank, you would get back five [5] Mana or Stamina. Another Personal Attribute, or taking this one twice, may be used to increase this to one half [.5] at most.

PA - Deluxe Shift: While most take one [1] full post to change into their elemental form, you’ve found the secret to becoming one with your birth element. As such it takes no action at all to change into your element and can be done as part of any Action taken.

Discipline - Chameleon: Sometimes other people have the right of it, when it comes to survival. Sometimes it's the weirdos and the freaks who know the tricks of the trade needed to see tomorrow. The Chameleon now only recognizes this but decides that literally everyone but themselves seems to know what's what. As such, when selecting this discipline the Chameleon gains the ability to replicate one [1] D - rank Discipline of choice from any other class, taking on the benefits of that Discipline for a time at the cost of energy. For twenty [20] mana and twenty [20] stamina, the Chameleon goes through a mental and spiritual shift that takes three [3] uninterrupted activations to accomplish. Once complete there's usually a flash of light, a pulse in the body, some physical or ethereal representation of the change as the Chameleon takes on a new D - ranked Discipline. When this happens their Adventurer Spell Slots become slot specific to that D - ranked Discipline's class, thus allowing them to learn those in place of normal slots. These "slots" then become inert when another Discipline is selected, making them unable to use those slots or the former Discipline's abilities until they switch back to it. As such, Chameleons must keep track of the disciplines they've trained under, and the spells/abilities learned while in it. These automatically switch out when a new discipline is taken. The only major drawback is that after two [2] changes the Chameleon must complete a full rest cycle without being attacked within five [5] posts of making the second [2nd] change.

Mana: 275 l 275
Stamina: 125 l 125
EXP:

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:41 pm
User Image

tab
[ S ]hadow turned to leave, and that was enough for the lord of this land to be momentarily reprieved from the burden of discussion. Being alone was a balm on his soul where once the presence of another had brought joy to him. Well, specifically one soul, but a lifetime of bad decisions had led to a decision that left the life essence of just about anyone else near him causing him...discomfort. That, and there were pressing concerns for him to deal with right then. A heart was important to any living being, but for a creature such as he, former Jiongu and now member of the Undead, the more one had the better.
tab In most cases.
tab Few breathing during his reign had ever had the fortune of seeing Hesrik in his current body, the true essence of what he was meant to be. A withered husk born from too few hearts to sustain the parasites that lived within him only one had seen this form in the two hundred years before his fall, and she wanted nothing to do with him if she were even still alive. No, no one knew this form, but he was but three hearts away from reattaining that which would bring him down at the moment: his rejuvenated flesh, the powerful Hesrik Uruksabril that ruled Kirigakure no Sato with an iron fist of terror. Five hearts and he would return to a body that many would recognize, many would fear, and many would desire to lay low at the earliest convenience. If he were to survive he would need to muster all the power he could before that fifth heart would slide into place.
tab For that, he had crafted a powerful curse that removed his hearts and encased them within the physical matrix of another form whilst maintaining its connection to him. He would know where it was, and if his primary heart failed it would replace it. But that meant hiding it before someone else had the chance to identify it. Already he'd replaced it, performing the deed in the dead of night, but with all the distractions he'd yet to have a time to truly hide and ward it the way he intended. That left his life in a precarious position, one he intended to rectify as quickly as possible.
tab His Shard clearing her throat brought his attention back to the present. A quick nod of his head to her was all the thanks he would give her aloud, but inwardly he was grateful that his foresight in summoning her to this mortal world had born significant fruit. Rising from his chair he held out his hand to his side and called his Scythe to him, the air between them becoming a vacuum to pull the weapon to his grip. Facing this new person, Rajan, he wondered at what the boy's reaction would be to seeing the visage of an elderly man decrepit with age and damned with cataracts in a world full of children. Blind eyes, fishbelly white skin above a mask of a cackling monstrosity he made sure to overexaggerate his movements to maintain the illusion of a muscular structure that fit his frame's appearance. Image was important, after all, and given he knew not this boy's name meant he wasn't familiar enough with Hesrik's reputation to not know this for a lie. "Greetings, young man," he began, his quiet voice a rasp of dead leaves over dry earth. "It is my pleasure to meet a man with skills so readily offered to my service. Before I accept them, however, I would ask for more explanation. Just what do you offer that I myself have not already provided to the negotiation table?"
tab A calculated movement. How much of a bootlicker would this person prove to be? Would he try to talk up Hesrik's points without knowing a single one of them? Would he try to sell himself short? Or would he be a man in the face of supposed power and arrogantly proclaim himself a superior? Anything was possible, after all.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Rexnov
Royal Taorito
Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:59 pm
[ Rajan Stormborn ]

I wore the astonishment on my face and had no reason to hide it. Before me stood a decrepit old man when all I had seen for months up to this point were just children. My eyes were wide open, and for a moment I remained frozen. As if I had seen a ghost. After a moment, I regained my composure, but still I felt as if all my swagger had left me. “Excuse me,” I said as I cleared my throat. “It has been some time before I have seen anyone older than me. I’m more used to being called sir by nine-year-olds than to be referred to as a young man.” It was true; I was in the upper ranges of the people that inhabited this world. I took a step toward the scythe-wielding man with my face cold and arms crossed. I didn’t really have a strategy, I just wanted a place where I could prove useful and climb the ranks, and this was the closest one that had things going on.

“Well,” I was unsure how to continue. “I’ll be frank. I don’t know where you sit in your negotiations with those things, but I’ve seen first hand what happens when those negotiations don’t go well. You may have hard of Frostblight. Small mining and fishing kingdom a few days ride from here. A hot-headed King that thought he was ordained by whatever devil he worshiped believed he could do things on his own. I don’t want to see innocent people have to pay for one man’s hubris.” I realized too late that my emotions had gotten the best of me. Even if I had tried to climb through Reza’s ranks and I didn’t care for the man, the slaughter of innocents that was witnessed there was enough to melt even my cold heart. Soon enough I regained my composure and continued. “Not to say that you’re even a quarter as foolish as he was. What I’m trying to say is that the Anzu aren’t an easy bunch to deal with, and while I didn’t participate in King Reza’s negotiations, I did take part in negotiations in the time before.” I paused for a second and uncrossed my arms and offered the man a wry smile. “Plus, I’m sure I can hold my own if things were to turn south.”

I looked away from him and looked around the plain room, and then out the window at the view that this grim reaper had built for himself. This new world only responded to one thing: power. To get something of this caliber, he must be a man beyond my wildest imagination, which meant I must tread carefully; one wrong step could mean my doom.

Stats:

Passives

PA - Consumption: Gain the ability to devour the element you are born from and regain energy in the process. Able to gain back one quarter [.25] of the associated cost with a rank (minimum of [5]) of that element from consuming it, remove it from existence by absorbing it into your body through a variety of means. I.e. if the rank of fire is C - rank, you would get back five [5] Mana or Stamina. Another Personal Attribute, or taking this one twice, may be used to increase this to one half [.5] at most.

PA - Deluxe Shift: While most take one [1] full post to change into their elemental form, you’ve found the secret to becoming one with your birth element. As such it takes no action at all to change into your element and can be done as part of any Action taken.

Discipline - Chameleon: Sometimes other people have the right of it, when it comes to survival. Sometimes it's the weirdos and the freaks who know the tricks of the trade needed to see tomorrow. The Chameleon now only recognizes this but decides that literally everyone but themselves seems to know what's what. As such, when selecting this discipline the Chameleon gains the ability to replicate one [1] D - rank Discipline of choice from any other class, taking on the benefits of that Discipline for a time at the cost of energy. For twenty [20] mana and twenty [20] stamina, the Chameleon goes through a mental and spiritual shift that takes three [3] uninterrupted activations to accomplish. Once complete there's usually a flash of light, a pulse in the body, some physical or ethereal representation of the change as the Chameleon takes on a new D - ranked Discipline. When this happens their Adventurer Spell Slots become slot specific to that D - ranked Discipline's class, thus allowing them to learn those in place of normal slots. These "slots" then become inert when another Discipline is selected, making them unable to use those slots or the former Discipline's abilities until they switch back to it. As such, Chameleons must keep track of the disciplines they've trained under, and the spells/abilities learned while in it. These automatically switch out when a new discipline is taken. The only major drawback is that after two [2] changes the Chameleon must complete a full rest cycle without being attacked within five [5] posts of making the second [2nd] change.

EXP:

Lanfaer

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:47 pm
User Image

tab
[ 'A ]h,' he thought to himself. 'That would explain why I haven't had word of them...' As with most places in these Drowned Lands, Hesrik had reached out to others to work as spies for him. With Baranara bedridden these long months it became clear that he would need to step in and take over such operations, and with that, he'd formed a network of scouts and spies in several small towns across the map. One had been this Frostblight, a city-state built on the foundation of theocracy with one priest-king atop a throne. The word had been that he had sacrificed some members of the Anzu, one of the more aggressive species that even now caused trouble within their deliberations to speak with humans. Whatever the reason for the strife its fall would prove only a boon to the city.
tab Leaning slightly on his scythe there came echoes from within his skull, skittering across his consciousness as that which lay within him checked over the boy and found something they...desired. Not for the first time, Hesrik calmed them with a wave of his metaphorical hand, silencing their stirrings before they worked themselves into a frenzy. Now was not the time to gorge himself on pain and torment, especially when the boy offered a solution to an ever-growing problem he'd been experiencing: a lack of maneuverability. Being locked behind his desk was beginning to wear on him, and he couldn't leave his Shard here to watch things for him. Gone were the days of shinobi Kages leaving Shadow Clones behind, unfortunately.
tab Quietly the governor of Kokorogakure turned to his desk and stepped over, though ensuring he moved in a rather stiff manner to continue to showcase a lack of sight he actually carried. This man would be an astute observer if he was truly as skilled as he made himself out to be, and as such he would need to be considerate to keep the ruse going long enough to matter. Taking a seat carefully in the barebacked stool he gestured for the boy to take the much more luxurious seat across from him. "Color me intrigued. Tell me, did you discuss with them the value of their Raak? They desire it to be greater than our Ryo."
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Rexnov
Royal Taorito
Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:36 am
[ Rajan Stormborn ]

I was still rattled at the man’s age. How old was he? How did he manage to survive? I had to find out, and all of this would come with trust. My eyes remained glued on him as he slowly made his way behind the desk and then bid me to take a seat. I nodded and sat in front of him. I crossed my legs and leaned back on the chair before offering the man a light smile. “I need to know where you’re at with the negotiations. What, if any, progress has been done and what’s the city’s prior relationship with these creatures.” I paused for a second to see if I could think of anything else that I would need before embarking on this endeavor. “I also need to know what exactly it is you hope to get out of it. I need to know how much leverage I can get on them, how far are you willing to compromise…” There was a short pause, I leaned forward in the chair and looked for the man’s eyes. “In short, I need to know enough to make it as if it was you standing there in front of these creatures instead of me.” This would serve both my interests and his. I would get to know exactly who I was dealing with, and if this went well, then it might even get him to trust me.

“It is a lot to ask,” I confessed, slumping my shoulders back, the smile on my face slowly fading. “To trust a stranger with all of this information, so if there’s anything you would like me to do to either prove my worth to you first, or more importantly, show you that I am a man you can trust, just name it.” With that said I stood from the fancy chair and turned my back on the man and walked toward the windows that overlooked the village. “In exchange for my help, I just want a hub to operate from. Nothing big, and no involvement of yours if you’re not interested. I just need a place where I can rest in between my explorations.”

Stats:

Passives

EXP:

Lanfaer

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:11 pm
User Image

tab
[ S ] teepling his hands before him as as leaned back in his wooden chair, Hesrik considered the negotiations up to that point and what, if any, gains remained to be spoke for. "Base negotiations regarding trade routes have been handled to the finest points," he began thoughtfully, his eyes staring into the distance. "We've worked on negotiations for creating an embassy within the marketing district that will serve as their base of operations and communications while within our growing city. In exchange we serve as a neutral ground for the battles normally fought within these lands, up to a territory of ten miles in radius focused upon this location." As he spoke the mud lady brought to them cups of tea upon a steel platter, her expression neutral even as Hesrik thoughtfully retrieved the clay cup that lay there for him. One remained for the stranger. "We have total economic authority over that region, though we have yet to pen the name of our new micro-nation at this time."
tab Taking a deep pull from the tea, barely lifting his face mask to do so and, somehow, taking in the liquid without revealing anything of the contents beneath, he continued. "We've had to foreswear the so-called Fifth Era of technology within our lands, and anything we find we are to turn over to some form of caretaker species that live off land. We are to pay for transport, but doing so will give us a form of 'tax credit', if you will, when importing from our benefactors." That part was a difficult argument to accept, and was one he couldn't refuse given their tone at the time but he felt he would revisit later. "In short the larger problems have been dealt with. In the end knowing all of what has been handled will take as long as the negotiations to list. The crux of the matter lay with two defining points: the value of Ryo compared to their Raak, and what, if any materials we will import and export between the three species of Anzu."
tab Placing the tea upon a saucer on his desk, the ancient shinobi leaned forward and laid his hands upon the table in thought. "We have no prior relations, outside of these negotiations. We're a curiosity, a new economic force within the lands, one that stands as a drawn line between a nation that wants to devour us and one that wants to nurture us, while the third simply watches and examines. How exactly we fall in the grand scheme of things is nothing more or less than that at this time, as it appears whatever your former city did to them has no consequence on us for now."
tab Lifting one finger on his right hand he began to scrape slowly back and forth upon the desk, keeping the rest of his digits where they were. Pale, blind eyes appeared to meet his as he did so, thoughtfulness splayed upon his expression. "You wish to use this place as a hub? Fine. I have no quarrel with you or yours' as of yet. You'll pay the same taxes, follow the same laws, and find punishment handed out with an even hand should you cross paths with our laws. No one is above them, after all. But do your part and you will find this place a home to you until your prove yourself inhospitable to our way of life." There was no middle ground for him. There were plans he had laid down, and he'd worked hard for these people. He would, no matter what, defend his claims against all who sought to claim it from him.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Rexnov
Royal Taorito
Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:42 am
[ Rajan Stormborn ]

My eyes examined the fledgling city for perhaps a brief moment before the man began talking, describing what was already done. It seemed that there was little chance the Anzu would just swoop in here and start eating people, but regardless, he should still keep them at arm’s length. “Shouldn’t be too hard.” Was my response to what remained to be done. I meant it too. It would be highly technical and very dull. Specially that first one, but at the end of the day it didn’t matter. Work like that had to be done. “I’m guessing a 1 for 1 Raak to Ryo conversion is out of the question, isn’t it? Still…” I took a pause there, measuring my words closely from this point onward. “It seems to me that we should go in with a hard floor… My understanding of economics isn’t the greatest, given that this goes much further than the things that I used to do in the time from before, given that all the nations used Ryo.” The use of the word ‘we’ was very purposeful here. I wanted to insert myself into the process in the hope that I would ingratiate myself to him. I wasn’t sure that this would work, but regardless, it was a first step to what I hoped would be a good partnership. “Regardless, I think that when I go there, I would want to know what is unacceptable to you. It warrants mentioning though that, as you know with this weapon situation, the Anzu get what the Anzu want. Still, we should demand some respect, and this feels like the type of thing were your foot should come down at a hard number. The question is, what would it be.”

I paused to take in what he said. “I think I didn’t explain well what I meant.” I stopped to ponder. “Part of what I want to do is help expand this place’s influence. I enjoy being able to move about, explore and meet new people. Doing that as part of an organized merchant group is the best way to do that, and these days, the safest way too. Of course I’ll follow your rules, and I hope my way of life doesn’t prove inhospitable to your ways. I’m just trying to find a place that will allow me to go about my business and have… some liberties. Mostly of movement. To come and go. To grow and to prosper. I’ve found that the best way to do this is to do it as a team, and I need a partner to do this. Given your position and how you seem to be on the brink of peace with the Anzu, this is the best place to start.”

Stats:

Passives

EXP:

Lanfaer

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:43 pm
User Image

tab
[ A ] single finger tapped upon the wood of his chair as Hesrik stared long and hard at this new figure, considering just what the next step should be. He was asking the right questions, something that he hadn't expected but had been prepared for, which made the situation slightly better than he'd hoped. Time for the next test, then, to see if he could catch the type of trickery he had been planning to use for these beasts. "Before we speak further about a future partnership let us see the fruits of this labor," he began, his tone neutral. "The Anzu, as you stated, will not accept a one to one ratio. That said, I believe this comes from how the Ryo is minted. Depending on the era you were raised in Ryo came as plated of metal ranging from copper to gold or as loose paper. Years of depreciation and inflation both positive and negative caused the value to change, but here, we have nothing to compare it with. The Anzu built the trade system, meaning they set the rules, the limitations, and the guidelines."
tab Reaching into his robes he withdrew two coins and placed them upon the table. One, a cold, grey steel with the symbol of Mist stamped upon it, was thicker than the thin, hammered bronze of the Raak at its side with three talon crosshatched with two stamped upon it. For weight, the metal from the Ryo would be nearly triple that of the Raak. "If we're going by mass of material used ours should be worth thrice that of the Raak. However, they place no concern for our currency within their system, yet they seem intent on us still keeping out currency and trading with their own. In fact, you might say they are adamant to include our currency, and keep the exchange rate in their favor despite these differences."
tab Returning to drumming one finger upon his chair's arm he continued, though with a lower, annoyed tone. "In the end our lowest limit would be a two to one exchange with Coins, and a five to one for the paper. Anything less and our currency becomes meaningless. The raw materials alone those serve as would make the exchange pointless. So tell me, young man, how would you proceed?"
tab
tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Quote:
Rexnov
Royal Taorito
Quote:

________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff