• Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:55 am
Image Coming Soon]

[♥] tab Kokorogakure tab [♥]
Education tab District

______________A r e a tab D e s c r i p t i o n ||
tab Built into the bone structure of a titanic beast of unknown origins that created the very pit Kokorogakure lies within, the Education District is home to the University and Dojo all in one. Built with six floors, with the sixth being built into the skeleton itself in a hollowed out section of the spinal column, the University acts as the sole location within Kokorogakure that one can find the collected scrolls, record tapes, audio and video recordings, written texts and other containers of knowledge wherein the technique knowledge of Kokorogakure is kept. Only those who have an Amulet, a steel plate welded to a chain necklace marked with a bound heart motif, may enter this establishment, which is protected and guarded at all times by no less than seven Mist Wraiths. Only the walls have more, numbering no less than fifteen in total, but this is by design. Once entered the establishment, which is built from chakra-enriched clay formed into bricks, a student or visitor will find a stairway internally spiraling upwards from the center of the University’s entrance hall. This is important to note, as at each floor there stands one Mist Wraith who ensures you have the correct sigil on the Amulet and tattoo that allow you to be there. Each floor represents a rank of techniques, with E, D, C, B, and A ranked being the main floors of the building. Genin have access to the first three by default, but need to make a special request to the Kokorokage in order to gain access to B – rank. This two step process is required for all experience ranks, though the final floor, the sixth floor where the S – ranks are kept, require written consent and a personal badge from the Kokorokage in order for a student to gain access.
tab The University is shaped into an oval with the center cut out leaving an arena of sorts where one may practice and train away from the learning equipment, lest someone damage what be kept there. This is where spars are done as well as any duels performed in order to minimize the damage done to the surrounding area. For more information see below.

______________P o i n t s tab O f tab I n t e r e s t ||
tab • Statues of Remembrance → Oragor, the current Kokorokage, decided it was prudent to create statues in memory of the greatest members of Kirigakure no Sato’s history that helped shape its future. While Kirigakure is no more the day will come for its return, and when it happens it will be due to the hard work and foundational decisions of these former members. The statues include Jack Harren Snipe, his cane clasped in both hands, feet apart, eyes gazing into the distance; Shadowseeker Hunyistir, the brother of Jack with his puppet arm held before him with stone “strings” attached to a small bear and tiger at his feet; an incredibly thin man with an enormous scythe, a decayed hand hanging from a thong down onto his chest, a man known as Hesrik Uruksabril who was the last Mizukage before the end of the village in its totality. There are spaces for more, six in total, arranged around a large map that continues to be updated as the scouts being in more information about lands nearby.

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
tab • Tentacle Monster → Somewhere in the depths of the fifth floor, which no one has entered since the Kokorokage has, there is rumored to be some sort of tentacled monstrosity that devours those who sneak in without the proper credentials. No one knows if this is the case at the door is sealed shut with thick stone that only opens when someone of the proper chakra signature touches it.
tab • Mist Wraiths → There are always seven on guard at all times, though they seem to only appear when a crime is being committed. No one knows their patrol routes, but to those who break the rules, or the law, they act with swift justice.
tab • Tiered Knowledge → Of the techniques available each is separated by the difficulty, and danger of, the techniques themselves. Each floor carries but one of these ranks, and attempting to take them to another floor is rumored to cause the objects to erupt in powerful effects that can kill the unwary. No one knows if this is true yet.
tab • Windows → From the fourth floor and up there are no windows. No one knows why, but it’s likely a breach of fire code if anyone remembers them form the old days!

______________R u l e s ||
tab • Locked → Each technique has a rank, and only those ranks are allowed to be on their floors. As such, taking techniques from one floor to another is considered punishable by the same laws as Stealing. Taking scrolls without direct written permission from the Kokorokage is seen as theft, too.
tab • Floor Access → Only those with the proper credentials may be on a floor unlocked to them. Anyone who tries to bypass this system is punished as if caught stealing, and severely at that. Zero tolerance of any breeches is permitted.
tab • Donations → Anyone who donates scrolls or other learning devices, no matter how many or if they are already here, will be granted Ryo or supplies befitting the Ryo amount at a rate of fifty [50] Ryo per object. Note this may not be per technique, as donating a scroll with multiple techniques will only grant one [1] reward. This may be refuted by speaking to the Kokorokage.

______________N e a r b y tab L o c a t i o n s ||
tab Market District
tab Watchers Point
tab Civilian District
tab Gates

______________A v a i l a b l e tab S c r o l l s ||
tab All E – ranked Non-Bloodline Techniques
tab All D – ranked Non-Bloodline Techniques
tab All C – ranked Non-Bloodline Techniques
tab All Bloodline and Clan Techniques, ranked E through C
tab Elegant Flow of Water, Stages 0 through 3
tab Pi Qua Quan, Stages 0 through 3
tab Hagane no Shunkan, Stages 0 through 3
tab Hakyoku-ken no Kata, Stages 0 through 3
tab Shinto Muso-ryu, Stages 0 through 3
tab Kamakiri no Tsume, Stages 0 through 3
tab Nunchaku Kata, Stages 0 through 3
tab Kougen no Nukimi, Stages 0 through 3
tab Baiken no Kusari, Stages 0 through 3
tab Seishun no Hikou, Stages 0 through 3
tab Sobagai Deba Sentou, Stages 0 through 3
tab Shigure Souen, Stages 0 through 3
tab Basai Bagua, Stages 0 through 3
tab Kaze no Zougenotou, Stages 0 through 3
tab Suiken, Stages 0 through 3
tab Jiyugata Senpu, Stages 0 through 3

”Royal Taorito”

[Editorial Log]
[Name] | [Date] | → [Short description of actions
performed]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:56 pm
User ImageUser Image

Sundance busted through the doors to the learning center with a raging hard-on for LEARNING. That detour he took was NO way for anyone to go but at least he managed to make some shady bar friends along the way. A single tear came to his eye as the monkey man silently reminisce of the eye scar Evans tragic backstory of how he earned his eye scar. He truly didn’t deserve a background character that Eva used to explain her laziness!
Putting the blame game aside, Sundance made a B-line straight for the wind section of the learning center ready to pump himself up. The first on his list was control of the actual damn winds around him. Using a bit of dance magic dance Sundance smooth jazzed his way along the floor, the air moving with his reactions like a ballerina dance partner.

His movements continued fluidity until he formed the wind around to move more like a tornado. It’s violent strength increased steadily until it was powerful enough to launch him forward in a graceful gazelle leap, which he of course pulled off beautifully.

After all who could possibly doubt that he would? This was his nature. Melding spells and song together to create the most perfect mix ever seen. He was starting to sweat now but the show must go on! His voice had started to compliment his movements now, a fact that anyone nearby would easily be able to tell from his range of tones. On the final note his body vanished into the air to come spinning down from the ceiling upside down, back arched and legs pointing exotically upwards while constantly shifting gusts of wind pushed against him to catch him fall.

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:34 am
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx C - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R U K Y O

User Image
User Image
[x] The multi-floored academy was at the bottom of a ravine, inhabited by the skeleton of a massive creature that must have died centuries past. From what I understood of the instructions, there was a floor for each rank of techniques, and ranks were not meant to leave their floors. To do so here was considered theft. I assumed from there they were organized by type. I wasn't particularly fond of the idea of not being able to study on my own time but not much could be done about that. We didn't have the amulet needed, but the papers we were given were meant to work in their place.

Just outside the doors, my gaze traveled up the building to the bones above, and then I turned to face Kagerou, who'd followed the whole way, and Kokuei--if the kid was still there. "I'm not sure how long I'll be. I'll head to the place we were given to stay eventually." Shifting slightly, I looked back at the building. "So... I'll meet you later."

[short post is short. haven't decided what techniques I want to learn yet.]

I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone.

Stats:
Power [3] || Agility [5] || Intelligence [5] || Chakra [3]
• Physical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: +0.5
• Ninjutsu| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Genjutsu| Strength: +0.5
• Ninjutsu Cost: [-5] Chakra
• Simple and Unnamed Attack Cost: [-5] Stamina

Techniques Used:
✤ [Prepared] Sumi Yusou no Jutsu [Ink Transport Technique] - C
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with chakra-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of Chakra, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Arrow35

[ e x p ] 8475 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 495 / 495 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 360 / 360

[ m o o d ] neutral x|x [ h e a l t h ] fine x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] none

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:04 am
[Enter from Watcher's Point]

Kagerou entered with a lazy entrance post.

But seriously, she was genuinely surprised when Shadow veered off of the expected path, well, as expected of a path as Kagerou could predict consider she's only been in the village for a few hours. She would have never expected that there was more to the village than what met the eye. A whole new world, just about, and that the top layer, while fully populated, was simply a diversion. Just what kind of manpower had the leader managed to gain within a scant few months? Though, a small part of her scolded her for not expecting such an outcome. After all, she felt that this wasn't the first time she had encountered such a plan.

Vague memories aside, Kagerou remained silent for most of the trip, even when she suddenly pulled Takeda out of the crowd in the surface level of this village when they passed through that area. No comments made about that, just a brief explanation to Takeda about what was going on. Shortly thereafter, Kagerou's eyes and mind were too focused on observing her unexpected surroundings to carry on small talk. She didn't have Shadow's extraordinary memory, but she devoted the paths she walked down to memory and busied her mind with understanding the structure of the skeleton-dwelling academy Shadow took them to.

She never received a preemptive description of the library like Shadow, but she assumed from the labels attributed to each floor that each floor contained the techniques of a certain rank. Following that, Kagerou wouldn't have too much trouble figuring out and asking about the rest once Shadow and she parted ways, nor would she feel particularly restricted by the floor-by-floor restriction. Kirigakure was notorious for its totalitarian-esque control of village security, a notion that remained nostalgic to Kagerou, and she also felt at home with her place as a mere visitor, a foreign guest within this village. It, too, was a nostalgic feeling.

Earlier, Shadow had told them about the place they had been given to stay, so Kagerou didn't bother him with any further questions regarding that topic. She nodded in agreement, and chirped, "If that's what you want, then I'll bring Takeda with me. I want to see a little bit of everything in here, anyways." It was an arrangement she was both comfortable with and found convenient. Suffice to say, Takeda's penchant to get hurt made him an excellent training partner for a medic, and while his deep-seated grudge against genjutsu erased any opportunity to use him as a practice partner for that particular set of techniques, she could always rely on him to punch her out of a genjutsu gone wrong. Additionally, she and Takeda focused on practically opposite ends of the technique spectrum, Kagerou primarily relying on the chakra arts, even though she dabbled in a little bit of everything, and Takeda primarily relying on the I-Cast-Fist arts.

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:40 pm
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx C - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R U K Y O

User Image
User Image
[x] I nodded in response to Kagerou, accepting her words as a dismissal, but I didn't avert my gaze. Something was drawing my attention, but I couldn't place what exactly. Sets of stairs led up to the front entrance, in front of which stood three statues. The one facing me was a figure I didn't recognize, but from what I knew of Oragor's dedication to Kirigakure, I could guess it was someone significant to the village's history, but it must have been after me because the face didn't match any I knew from books. The other two statues were facing away, but one was slightly more toward me than the first, and it was enough of an angle to show me what it was.

Jack. Not a perfect representation but a statue of what he was seen as. That damned hat, his cane, and the slight grin that always said he knew more than he was letting on. The sight of it made me feel angry, and... guilty? His presence always seemed to haunt me. To overshadow me. I was his kid brother. The silent hand whose purpose was to protect him to the bitter end. I wondered what that end was. Something kept me from remembering, like a barrier meant to shield me. I wondered if those memories would make me crumble.

I circled around to the stairs that led up to the main courtyard, bringing the statue into full view in front of me. It was only as I reached the top and heard a soft gasp that I finally tore my gaze away, turning it instead to a young woman. Her eyes flicked between me and the statues, specifically the third one that I hadn't gotten a good view of. I picked up my pace, hurrying around to the other side to see what I'd already expected. A statue of me. I was the third figure there. I knew Oragor idolized me because of my connection to Jack, but that was where the extent of knowledge of me ended. I was nothing to the village once I had left and Jack was dead. At least he was a Mizukage; his presence made sense. But why me? What couldn't I remember?

I looked different now. The statue was a representation of me the last time the village saw me. Or, at least, how I was imagined. My original puppet design for my arm, connected to Kasai and Samajii. The ears and tail, look of angry neutrality. I was somewhat surprised the girl even recognized me compared to the image. My hair had gotten unruly--well, more unruly--and had gone unkempt for the most part, and baths weren't exactly frequent out in the wilderness. We'd tried to stay clean, but swamp water and a bar of soap only went so far. My arm I kept covered, for the most part, with a cloak, which also hid my tail. And my eyes had changed. Still the same tiredness, if not more, but one was green and the other blue.

Shaking myself, I finally turned away, ignoring the staring girl as I headed inside to see what the village had to share.

[next post will be training post]

Stats:

Techniques Used:
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with chakra-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of Chakra, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Arrow35

[ e x p ] 8475 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 495 / 495 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 360 / 360

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:11 am
Shadow had a realization. Even Takeda appeared to notice the statue.

Kagerou? Kagerou walked on by in blissful ignorance. Blissful ignorance of the statues and a keen interest in the security of this building. To begin with, from the outside, Kagerou had noticed the windows had stopped towards the upper half of the building, and now that she was within looking up, she could confirm that it wasn't because the last floor had an extended ceiling. The last floors did not have windows.

A passerby instructed their new guest on some of the more popular warnings of this place. Traps, tentacle monsters, oh my. This much already within a few months? Kagerou didn't know if she should be feeling skeptical or inadequate... Though, no. She was definitely feeling inadequate, and there was no point in being skeptical. Parsing through the security system of an unknown facility within a strange village, eyeing the walls and wondering if there were ears and eyes in it, these were things she did absentmindedly. She had wandering eyes, but they drifted from place to place in no particularly focused manner, hardly different than a sightseer seeing someplace new. It wasn't something she learned, so much as got used to. When it became as natural as breathing to observe and analyze when in an insecure situation, then well... it appeared natural as well.

Accompanying Shadow, Kagerou made it up to the E-rank floor without any tentacle monsters of cannons bothering her. Fantastic~ She bee-lined to the medical techniques, no questions or complaints. There, she quickly flipped through as many medical texts she could devour. [4 techniques learned]

The simple E-rank techniques, how Kagerou missed them. They were absolute stables, especially the godly cleansing technique because dear god did they all need a bath. Kagerou perused the materials thoroughly. Understanding Takeda would likely get antsy, she was still used to his more impulsive nature from yester-life, she walked to the next section while reading, tugging him along by his leave before lightly "throwing" his arm forward to signal he should take the lead. You know, since Kagerou was too busy reviewing how to read the EDC-like data returned by the Diagnosis technique to navigate the unfamiliar library floor plan. [4 techniques learned]

Kagerou followed after Takeda reading, until suddenly she wasn't following Takeda. She quietly slipped away from following him at a certain section of the library's E-rank floor. She hadn't even meant to, to be honest. She didn't have her usual bells, and without them, her steps made surprisingly little noise. Case in point, when she went off to explore the genjutsu section, her nose was still mostly buried in the eiseijutsu manual she held. [4 techniques learned]

There were no restrictions against taking scrolls from their sections so long as they remained on the same floor. This, Kagerou had proven earlier when she walked out of the medical section with a medical book. With this newfound freedom, she paid a visit to the genjutsu section, took as many books of interest from there as possible. With arms laden, she left the genjutsu section. [4 techniques learned]

To the taijutsu section where Takeda likely was at? Nope. To the ninjutsu section. How she managed to still balance a book, this time a genjutsu manual, on the stack of books in her arms and read it comfortably while walking was simply ninja magic. No other way to explain it. [4 techniques learned]

Within the ninjutsu section, Kagerou simply got even more techniques. She took it allll. This was the E-rank stuff. The basic building blocks. Of course she wasn't going to skimp on learning it. [4 techniques learned]

Therefore, she had a pile of books up to her nose when she walked into the Taijutsu section to meet up with Takeda again. Somehow, yes, she was still managing to read one of the texts, balanced precariously right in front of her nose upon the stack of learning materials Kagerou had. Carefully, despite the haphazard impression her totteringly stacked self may have created, Kagerou set down the books on a clean spot of the floor. Then she sat down to finish her current manual. [4 techniques learned]

One that manual was finished, Kagerou took a moment to take inventory of everything. She sorted out what she had read, and checked to see if there was anything else she needed to read. Stuff that she read and didn't think Takeda would need, she put into the nearby return cart. Then, she forced Takeda to be her test dummy take a break and heal his wounds. [4 techniques learned]

Obviously, there wasn't much Kagerou could do with this current level of medical techniques. The minor healing hands tech she knew was more help, honestly, but she wasn't going to use that when she was trying to practice others. Therefore, Kagerou returned to her books in only a little bit, continuing to finish up everything. Literally. Everything. [4 techniques learned]

Literally. Everything. Literally. Everything. Literally. Why. Was. There. So. Much. Genjutsu?! Kagerou wanted to cry as she read down the seemingly neverending genjutsu list. However, she remained strong and smiled. She smiled through the whole reading. [4 techniques learned]

Training genjutsu was no easy feat, either. Kagerou had her own tricks for practicing genjutsu alone, though. Honestly, she was kind of surprised herself that she knew so many ways to accurately test the effectiveness on a genjutsu herself. However, she felt that it was a natural skill to learn... Somehow... Some vague memories of a video that wasn't Kiri... flying in the sky... green ants? Something like that? [4 techniques learned]

Still, the list was so long. It seemed to simply go on forever and ever. Kagerou, shortly after starting the second genjutsu list, put down the scroll briefly. She contemplated shortening her list. Learning more efficiently. A lot of these techniques, she wouldn't use again, especially not after learning higher level techniques. [4 techniques learned]

The unfortunate truth of genjutsu was that its usefulness scaled directly with its rank. Sure, even a small genjutsu could fool, and possibly create a bigger effect than a small ninjutsu. However, at the end of the day, literally, the ninjutsu would have caused something even if it was blocked but the genjutsu would simply cease to exist after being negated. [4 techniques learned]

However, after only entertaining the thought, Kagerou went back to business. No, this wasn't like in her past life. She didn't know when she would revisit this library, and moreover, she had so much catching up to do. She felt... particularly vulnerable. A lot of her mental training, most if not all, still stayed with her. Conversely, much of her physical training had simply disappeared, wasted away with the passing years. [4 techniques learned]

Much of the knowledge in this world had died. Through people gathering, the standard techniques Kagerou had dedicated the past few hours poring over and learning still survived. Many of the major bloodline techniques had also survived, and for that, Kagerou felt a small pang of envy. Her mother's clan techniques... had probably been lost to the ages. [4 techniques learned]

Requiring no particular special blood rights or genetic anomalies, anyone could learn the Kiritani's techniques with dedication or hard work, which was why their clan techniques were so heavily guarded unlike those of the clan's that graced the rows of the bloodline section. Kagerou grimaced. It was a smile, but a painful one as she transitioned from genjutsu to fuuinjutsu. Obviously, it fell to her, possibly the last remaining Kiritani, to do her utmost to recreate those techniques. Not to mention, a few she had been allowed to learn had become her best trump cards. [4 techniques learned]

For that, Kagerou got another reason to finish learning ever single E-rank technique within her grasp. She had never been skilled at composition, to be honest, but she could still try her best to recreate what had already been created. Grasp the fundamental building blocks. Understand how they all work and fit together on a theoretical level. [4 techniques learned]

Then from that she can... uh... Kagerou's brain felt like it was frying to be honest. Making the switch to medical had been, honestly, difficult enough. She looked wistfully at the people practicing their knife work. She sighed, and bent her head down to to study the katon ninjutsu she had opened again. [1/5 Hi Soujuu [Fire Manipulation] ]

Knife work was tempting, but Kagerou knew she couldn't be distracted. With all of the extra studying she had to do, like right now she was trying to learn the elementary basics of fire form manipulation, she knew she wouldn't have much time. This was not her first time building her skillset, after all. It required strict discipline from both teacher and student, as well as the luxury of dedicating oneself to only training, to master a wide array of weapons while also keeping up on all other fields of studies. [2/5]

For now, best to bide her time and wait for a fan weapon style to present itself while she re-figured out how to shape fire. God or Gods, this was embarrassing. Truly. From freely shaping single target to multi-target spells, Kagerou was struggling to figure out how to make a cinder expand into a spiral. [3/5]

Not even a spiral around Kagerou, mind you. No, just a spiral shape in front of her. The flames simply wouldn't listen to Kagerou's commands. She even used hand signs, and it didn't work. Another point of contention. She still hadn't relearned how to cast techniques without handsigns. The hallmark of her mother's clan, and she had just forgotten it. [4/5]

However, Kagerou wasn't the academy student who flipped her entire field of study within half a semester for nothing. Just give her books, a place she can safely concentrate in, and time. Her comprehension was good, and she was lucky to be born with a learning ability that could mesh with anything, even the dryest, most textbook style of teaching. In this case, literally learning from a textbook. In due time, Kagerou had a stream of fire circulating around her. A successful display of the elemental manipulation technique of the later eras. [5/5]

That was another thing. She remembered at some point, that this was a technique made standard later in her life. Not helpful, but a cool tidbit. It was always exciting to remember something, and it helped her carry on through attempting to replicate what she did with fire with wind. [1/5 Kaze Soujuu [Wind Manipulation] ]

The same basic principles applied, so Kagerou didn't struggle as much. Furthermore, she'd noticed there was a new trick here, one that she didn't remember.Then again, perhaps she did? Her opinions were fuzzy on this point. [2/5]

How to explain it? The sensation of not remembering but also having remembered? Like there was a part that remembered, and then another part that didn't? Regardless, Kagerou was realizing that there was a trick to this manipulation that she felt like didn't apply in her past life. [3/5]

Well, she thought of it as a trick because she was in the process of using the technique. Though, it would be more accurate to say that she felt a law of chakra was different. The molding felt... not the same. Unfamiliar. She'd come to understand it with the Katon earlier. [4/5]

Now, she applied it to the Fuuton now. Kagerou couldn't make heads or tails of this new discovery. Since it bore no immediate threat and worrying over it held no apparent merit at the time, Kagerou considered it and filed it away seriously, but also shrugged it off. For the time being, she accepted the explanation that perhaps she only felt that way because her memories were slowly coming back, starting with those earliest in her life. Because she still only vaguely remembered the latter half of her life, when this technique was purportedly introduced according to her vague recollections, the theories and laws concerning formless ninjutsu had been alien to her. [5/5]

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:12 am
68/68 techniques learned + 1 Formless Fire + 1 Formless Wind
I had an extra technique leftover to learn, so I figured I'd learn Harem no Jutsu as well. Don't have the listing for it to post up, though.

Hi Soujuu [Fire Manipulation]
Description: This control allows the user to create and bend fire. Not only can it take any form the user desires, but it can also be shifted around as if it were a part of their own body. It should be noted that one can manipulate fire both that they created and naturally occurring. Additionally, any fire that is being freely manipulated is not very strong, and can be broken or blown away as if it were completely natural. It should be noted that techniques can be made smaller while retaining their rank.
Rank E: Very small amount of fire [a spark].
Rank D: Small amount of fire [a palm-sized fireball].
Rank C: Medium amount of fire [a campfire].
Rank B: Large amount of fire [a bonfire].
Rank A: Very large amount of fire [a roomful of fire].
Rank S: Massive amount of fire [a house-sized fire blast].
• Requires [5] posts to learn, but is not required to learn other Katon techniques. Receives no reductions.
• The amount of fire that can be manipulated is limited to the user's experience rank limit [at E-rank can make up to C-rank, D-rank up to B-rank, etc.]
• Manipulated fire loses any modifiers, and is beaten by techniques of the same rank, or one rank lower against water.

Kaze Soujuu [Wind Manipulation]
Description: This control allows the user to create and bend wind. Not only can it take any form the user desires, but it can also be shifted around as if it were a part of their own body. It should be noted that one can manipulate wind both that they created and naturally occurring. Additionally, any wind that is being freely manipulated is not very strong, and can be broken or blown away as if it were completely natural. It should be noted that techniques can be made smaller while retaining their rank.
Rank E: Very small amount of wind [a small breeze].
Rank D: Small amount of wind [a weak gust].
Rank C: Medium amount of wind [a strong gust].
Rank B: Large amount of wind [a whirlwind].
Rank A: Very large amount of wind [a dust devil].
Rank S: Massive amount of wind [a tornado].
• Requires [5] posts to learn, but is not required to learn other Fuuton techniques. Receives no reductions.
• The amount of wind that can be manipulated is limited to the user's experience rank limit [at E-rank can make up to C-rank, D-rank up to B-rank, etc.]
• Manipulated wind loses any modifiers, and is beaten by techniques of the same rank, or one rank lower against fire.

Genshi [Thread]
Description: Threads and veins, connects severed flesh back, vein to vein. In doing so, less flesh is reduced to scarring, which allows for a shortened amount of healing time needed. Does not provide actual healing, aside from connecting the major veins, meaning that some bleeding still occurs and more acute healing techniques are needed. The E-rank version is good for little scratches and pokes, the B-rank version for a finger's length, and the S-rank version for a hand's length. Does not need concentrated focus to do, and so is good for emergencies.
• Reduces time to heal naturally by [2] posts at E rank, [5] posts at B rank, and [8] posts at S rank.
Originator: Jean Gogh [HeadlessKoko]

Gien to Kairan [Donation and Circulation]
Description: A technique to attach one person to another, via chakra and stamina transfers. Akin to direct blood donations, this jutsu gifts an immobile, unconscious patient energy, and then circulates it to prevent chakra stagnation. Useful most often when one's entire Tenketsu have been shunted for a lengthy time, or the spirit has been ripped forcefully from the body, to prevent the physical body from dying. Each rank trained provides half of its rank of chakra or stamina to the patient, with the other half used to circulate it in the body. The user is highly vulnerable during this time, with interruptions causing the target to be transferred from to possibly black out from pain. Can be used on self.
Originator: Jean Gogh [HeadlessKoko], Kokuei Nara [Arrow35]

Kiyomaru [Cleanse]
Description: It is not always possible for a medical nin to practice basic hand washing and other procedures. This technique has the effect of instantly removing bacteria, dirt, blood, and other contaminants from the user’s hands, lower arms, and face. It also insures that any breath that comes from the user’s body will be free of any bacteria or infectious disease. This technique can also be used to clean the wounds of others in order to prevent infection from bacteria. In the event that the medical nin is using this technique to prevent infection of an injury that has been inflicted upon them, it is used in the same manner as if the shinobi were using it on somebody else. Holding one's hands out, simply concentrating on removing the foreign substances activates the jutsu.

Shiatsu [Massage]
Description: For a variety of reasons, muscles, tendons, and ligaments can become overworked and painful. This may be because some type of injury occurred or it may simply be the result of too much work without enough rest. By applying the proper amount of pressure at the right pressure points, and using small amounts of chakra, a medical nin is able to relieve pain and help a patient's body recover more quickly. A strain or sprain can seriously hinder the effectiveness of a shinobi and as such this technique really can make a difference. Allows regeneration of Chakra // Stamina effects to be increased by one category for [5] posts.

Tekishutsu [Extraction]
Description: When a patient's body has a foreign object in it, such as the point of a shuriken, a senbon needle, or an arrow, it is important to remove the object without further harming the patient. Using this technique the medical nin places their hands on either side of the injured area and uses chakra to very carefully manipulate the surrounding tissues in order to remove the object without causing any further damage. Depending on the severity of the wound and nature of the object, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes to remove it. Stops secondary damage from occurring due to specific ammunition types that deal more damage upon removal.

Itami Gekka [Pain Intensification]
Description: Pain, the body's way of signaling danger, affects the mind in more ways than one. Intensifying it within an opponent will detract from their ability to deal with situations, leaving you with more opportunities. At B-rank, all forms of pain become crippling. Lasts for several posts, the effects lessening as time goes on. At S-rank, no amount of non-chakra medication will detract from the effect.
• Lasts for [2] posts at E-rank, and [5] posts when retrained at B and S rank.

Ketsueki Juutai [Blood Stagnation]
Description: Ketsueki Juutai causes varying amounts of internal damage in the form of bruising. At each rank before S (i.e. lethal), the structure, strength, and area size increase. Pain increases at each point, typically causing unconsciousness at S-rank. For further information, please see this exhaustive page: Bruising.

Suji Dageki [Muscle Shock]
Description: An ability designed by medical ninja to perform attacks at a lower level so they would be able to defend themselves slightly. This attack simply provides a tazer like shock to an opponent that causes their muscles to tense all at once. This immobilizes them long enough for the medical nin to retreat or launch an attack of their own. Note that the medical shinobi must be touching their target for this to take effect. The shock lasts for one post, & doubles for each rank retrained to higher. (max +6)

Ningeniro [Human Color]
Description: An eiseijutsu typically played by academy students, this technique changes the color of the target's skin, eyes, or hair, using their natural melanin. Many varieties are available, from nearly transparent albino to the deepest of black, from the reds of gingers to the violets of eyes! Is permanent. Retraining allows for additional colors at once. At A-rank, non-standard colors for specifics, such as green skin or purple hair, are allowed.

Reimyo Honnui [Delicate Stitching]
Description: The user will place their hands against an open wound, releasing chakra from their pores in order to "sew" the injury. The threads formed are more like thin chakra staples than anything else, and can be broken if upset. When the afflicted area is fully healed, the stitches will merely dissolve. This technique can also be performed offensively, the user simply hitting the target with a chakra infused hand, creating the threads which can then be tugged and so on. The user creates chakra stitches to either seal wounds or wrap opponents. For each additional rank of chakra the user pays while performing this technique offensively, the number of threads created and their durability increases accordingly. Each Body Rank allows for five [5] "stitches" to be made per utilization of this technique.

Setsugozai [Adhesives]
Description: Biological adhesives are often used in surgical applications, such as skin grafting and for suturing wounds. The composition of these adhesives includes variations of proteins. Fibrin is a commonly used natural “clotting” protein material that is used to help mend damaged vessels and for wound applications. Does not immediately stop bleeding or begin healing, as this is a mid- to long-term medical jutsu, meant to keep stitches, emergency measures, and other such techniques from failing. Healing Hands applied after this, and during the same operation, will reduce its chakra cost by a single rank. Used offensively, can glue living tissue to other living tissue. Retraining only increases the restraint's rank.

Shindan [Diagnosis]
Description: The first step in treatment is understanding the problem. With this skill a shinobi uses their hands to carefully probe a patient for problems. This technique is preformed by kneeling over a patient and slowly running both hands over their body, looking for signs of injury that may not be visible to the naked eye. It can detect things such as internal injury, improper heart rate, non-apparent bone fractures, poisoning, and disease. A ninja of higher body rank has learned to use this technique to perform a rudimentary examination of a body to determine cause and time of death. A D - rank (Genin) using this skill takes several minutes of work to determine the nature of a problem, a C - ranked (Chuunin) takes less than a minute and a B - ranked (Jounin) requires only a few seconds.

Teikouryoku [Power of Resistance]
Description: A medical nin must always be aware of possibly becoming a victim of whatever their patient is suffering from. With this technique a medical shinobi temporarily increases their resistance to diseases and poisons. It has no effect on diseases or poisons already effecting the medical shinobi, however. This technique improves as the medical nin grows in power and affords greater resistance to a wider range of diseases and poisons. The E - ranked version allows for resistances to the light poisons, viruses, & diseases. The B - ranked version allows for resistances to the medium versions. The S - ranked version allows for resistances to the most dangerous versions.

Bikou Ninjutsu [Shadowing Stealth Technique]
Strength: --
Speed: --
Description: This technique allows Shinobi to follow their targets covertly. The manner in which the Shinobi shadows their target can differ from the basic hiding under a nearby object to using a Jutsu to turn oneself invisible. Using this technique makes it more difficult for those of the user’s rank or lower to find the user while he or she is hiding. Effectively makes the shinobi less conspicuous, less noticeable, and allows them to blend in with the crowd for three [3] posts per use. Useful when tailing someone.
Originator: Katherine Strehkovsky [Temujin Uchiha]

Genso Bunshin no Jutsu [Illusion Clone Technique]
Description: Also known simply as Bunshin no Jutsu, creates an intangible copy of the user. Since the clone itself doesn't have the ability to attack, and thus can only be used to confuse the enemy, it is mainly performed in combination with other techniques. The clones will dissipate when they come into contact with most anything else. These clones can be easily distinguished by persons with doujutsu. Even a person with normal eyes can distinguish the clones from the original, since the clones do not cast shadows and will not disrupt the area around themselves with their movement ( won't kick up dust, crush grass, etc. ). The clone technique which all ninja start with. Creates a fragile empty-clone which cannot perform any physical task. Clones are mindless and can only follow tasks given upon creation. Rather than costing [5] chakra to perform, each clone created costs [2] chakra. Up to three (3) clones can be created per usage of this technique.

Henge no Jutsu [Transformation Technique]
Description: Henge no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique which every Shinobi learns at the Shinobi Academy. Henge allows the Shinobi to transform themselves into any person or object. This allows the Shinobi to move with stealth or to trick their opponents. In addition to being able to transform normally, the user can also employ this technique to transform objects in the environment. In order to transform in to exceptionally large things, the user needs to use Konbi Henge.

Karakuri Hakke no Jin [Mechanical Eight Trigrams Formation]
Description: A technique used by Konohagakure to trap the enemy in a maze of tall walls. The user bangs a giant drum which causes countless walls appearing around the village, cornering the enemy. The walls must be set up prior, using at least a blueprint for the workings, if being used specifically for the blueprint. The chakra usage occurs in relation to using the drum as a signalling device, as everything else is mechanical. As in, this technique enables remote activation of items which need chakra to start up, up to eight [8] such items.

Kawanuke no Jutsu [Escaping Skill]
Description: Kawanuke no Jutsu is a very basic Ninjutsu technique that allows a Shinobi to escape from rope binds. Allows the user to escape from being tied up, or otherwise trapped, as long as doing so is possible without requiring significant altering of the human body to escape and as long as movement is still possible. Using chakra, ropes and other ties can be nudged in ways to loosen them and allow eventual escape. Takes two activations to get through one tie.

Kawarimi no Jutsu [Substitution Technique]
Description: When in danger the Shinobi will quickly substitute themselves with another nearby object. This can be a block of wood or even another person. This allows the Shinobi to quickly flee and hide while the object takes the brunt of their opponents attack.The substitution technique can only be performed four [4] times per battle and you must be near an object roughly the same size as your character. Other roleplayers' characters (unless willing) cannot be used as a substitute. Spawning random, faceless characters to use as substitutes is not permitted. All clones, with the exception of the standard clone, may be used in substitution.

Kekkai Massatsu no Jutsu [Barrier Shatter Technique]
Strength: Variable
Description: This technique is used to shatter visible or found barriers by borrowing chakra from allies. Only affects barriers made and sustained with chakra. Once used, the user's chakra passes through all nearby and willing shinobi that have trained in Korabo with the user, prior to disrupting the barrier, gathering strength. Gains an extra rank of chakra and power for every extra shinobi that it passes through before returning to the user. Shattering occurs at a higher level than the barrier's own, and also causes the source to be unable to create another for one [1] of their posts. Requires E-rank Korabo training with another shinobi to use past E rank.

Oiroke no Jutsu [Sexy Technique]
Description: Oiroke no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique developed by Uzumaki Naruto. This technique is a variation of the Henge technique. Naruto changes his form into that of a nude, sexually appealing young woman. This technique is normally used to titillate and knock unconscious perverted adults or get Naruto's sensei Jiraiya to do what Naruto wants. Transforms the user in to a person who he or she believes is sexy, usually nude. Is super-effective against perverts.

Tanukineiri no Jutsu [Feigning Sleep Technique]
Description: Tanukineiri no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique that puts someone to sleep. It can only be used on self or willing shinobi. Allows for the affected to be put instantly to sleep, thus gaining any regeneration benefits associated with sleep. A firm shake is enough to wake them, or they will wake up naturally after a full sleep cycle, approximately three [3] hours.

Ayatsuito no Jutsu [String Reeling Technique]
Description: Ayatsuito no Jutsu is a Ninjutsu technique utilizing wire. This string can be used in rappelling, or as a method to tie down and restrict the movement of an opponent. It has also been utilized in the Sharingan Soufuusha Sannotachi technique. The wire allows the clan member to pin down an opponent, and then unleash a torrent of fire upon them. This technique increases the strength of a wire or rope being used, allowing it to support greater weights or keep others from escaping easily. The wire or rope is infused with chakra, and a technique of equal rank or higher must be used to break it. If the user is in contact with the wire, they can pay an upkeep cost of half the original rank, to a minimum of five [5] chakra to maintain it past the first post. Without physical contact, the technique ends after three [3] posts.

Kawara Shuriken [Roof Tile Shuriken]
Speed: Variable
Description: Kawara Shuriken is a Ninjutsu technique in which the Shinobi uses their Chakra to levitate nearby roof tiles, or similarly sized objects. Once levitated, the tiles are hurled towards the target similar to a shuriken. The amount of chakra determines how fast and hard the tiles are thrown. Can levitate up to five [5] tiles per use.

Youji [Toothpick]
Speed: Variable
Description: Youji spitting is a Ninjutsu technique. Similar to a senbon, the user can spit the toothpick at their opponents to injure them. They can also spit it at incoming projectiles to knock them away. Useful in combination will other nail/senbon/needle techniques. The amount of chakra determines how fast and hard the object are thrown. Can fire up to five [5] needle-like projectiles per use.

Bounetsu no Jutsu [Flame-Resistance Technique]
Description: This is a passive Jutsu that is the first in two steps to protect the user from damaging themselves with their very own techniques. Although not necessarily mandatory to learn the finer points of the tree, it does provide a buffer against self-inflicting injuries. For example the user is able to withstand increasing amounts of heat, up to their experience rank.
Originator: Shea Fal'nevan [Royal Taorito]

Fukumen no Jutsu [Veil Technique]
Description: A stall technique which really only helps Genin in this stage of learning accustom themselves to the less subtle methods of Katon. Performing the necessary seals, the user claps their hand in front of them and a hot white flash erupts from their hands that blind people in the closest vicinity. With this opening, the user is able to make a hasty escape or even move in for a killing blow. The severity of the flash, however, lasts only a moment and causes only spots to appear until an opponent’s sight becomes clear again. Slight decrease in opponent's reflexes for one [1] post.

Shoumeidan no Jutsu [Flare Technique]
Strength: E
Speed: E
Description: By molding Chakra into ones lungs properly, they are able to exhale a short burst of heat and flame which basically explodes from the mouth. The fire itself actually only lasts for about a second. But its effect is that it illuminates dark places, if only for but a few seconds. Can also cause very minor burns.

Tanebi no Jutsu [Cinder Technique]
Description: This technique allows a person to snap their fingers and ignite a spark anywhere they so wish. A simple spark and no more, this Jutsu is used mostly in pranks and the like.
Originator: Keiko Nara [Lily Platypus], Shea Fal'nevan [Royal Taorito],

Kaze Bunshin [Wind Clone]
Description: A typical clone formed of wind. It is easily bested by any sort of skill, but this clone is still better than the average Bunshin as it is able to attack and be attacked.

Kaze Fūchūfuyū [Wind Levitation]
Description: Utilizing and controlling the wind, the user is able to force wind beneath an object in order to force it to rise up from the ground. The effectiveness of this Jutsu is very much dependent upon the weight of the object in question. The weight limit for this technique caps out at twenty [20] pounds (9kg),and anything about ten [10] pounds (4.5kg) takes a full post to lift and throw.
Originator: Miyuki Fujimoto [Solas Crua]

Shinkūken [Vacuum Sword]
Description: The user swings their weapon and a gust of wind is released in the arc that it was swung in. The technique is strong enough to stop projectiles that are thrown at the user. Requires a simple one-handed handsign along with a weapon swing, unless the user has the Mystic Hero discipline, in which the weapon swing is all that is required.
Originator: Zurūsu Kuriko [Lanfaer]

Tobidougu Soujuu no Jutsu [Projectile Control Technique]
Description: Utilizing power over the wind, the user can control thrown objects. A basic skill for those learning to master the art of wind control. The user can utilize his or her powers over wind to aid the speed and trajectory of his or her projectile, or even redirect objects thrown at them, assuming no chakra or stamina was used to throw the item.
Originator: Miyuki Fujimoto [Solas Crua]

Toridashi Kaze no Jutsu [Retrieving Wind Technique]
Description: A technique that utilizes wind to pull objects toward the user. After creating a small gust of wind, the user utilizes it to pull nearby small objects toward him or her. This technique has a weight limit of five [5] pounds (2.5kg)

• Kumo Monokage no Jutsu [ Cloud Cover Technique ]
→→Rank: E
→→P/S. Sense: Sight // -
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 6 Posts // 5 Chakra
→→Source: Phantasm
→→Description: This Jutsu involves the simple creation of a small illusionary cloud, about 1 post-foot in diameter, that has to stay on the ground. Its true purpose is to conceal something that might be hidden in a particular spot, such as a sharp rock, or a small hole.

• Etainoshirenai no Fugou [ Mark of the Unfamiliar ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: Until Physical Contact is Made // 5 Chakra
→→Source: Hologram
→→Description: Another fundamental Jutsu, this one changes a person’s writing, mark, or even an inscription to that of another. By doing this, simple directions can be misread or pathways can be changed. It is all up to the discretion of the person reading the sign, though, since merely touching the word or mark in question can easily break the spell.

• Dokuji no Kaori [ Scent of Peculiar ]
→→P/S. Sense: Scent // -
→→Source: Scent-based Phantasm
→→Description: This Jutsu makes use of the sense of smell. It has been known for ages past that there are certain scents that excite different emotions. Scents in the area can make something as simple as dust smell endearing, or make crushed leaves give off a toxic aroma. By this, both traps and warnings can be made of simple objects, not to mention the handy note of covering up one's tracks.

• Nirami no Kage [ Shadow Glare ]
→→Source: Visual Phantasm
→→Description: Manipulating what a shadow looks like is no large feat for the Shinobi of the Leaf. But at this most basic level, they are only able to increase the depth by which a person might perceive a shadow. For example, a shadow can either be lengthened or shortened, giving off the impression that a person is closer or father. When used in large expanses with abundant shade, this Jutsu can prove quite worrisome.

• Hada no Kamereon [ Chameleon Skin ]
→→Description: Forming Chakra in the area around them, the user creates a basic Genjutsu whose purpose is to help blend their body in with whatever surroundings are available. The illusion is not perfect however and higher ranked Shinobi are far more adept in seeing through the Genjutsu.

• Kaiteki Uta [ Comfort Song ]
→→Rank: X - rank // Learned as E -rank
→→P/S. Sense: Sound // -
→→Source: Requires an Instument
→→Description: By playing an instrument, a calming aura fills the space and calms the emotions of all within save the user. Requires an instrument, and does not differentiate between friend and foe.

• Kowaikao no Jutsu [ Scary Face Technique ]
→→Description: The user covers their face by some means for a few moments, and when they reveal themselves their face turns into a grotesque being.

• Saikederikku [ Psychedelic ]
→→Description: The colors of the world around the opponent appear to change randomly. Patterns and pallet are decided by the user at time of casting.

• Etainoshirenai no Oto [ Sounding the Unfamiliar ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: //
→→Source: Audio Phantasm
→→Description: Another harmless Genjutsu, this one simply makes an opponent imagine that, in dark places, different animals begin to call out from all around them. This can range from a cat’s meow just behind them to an owl’s hoot above. The user’s own voice is what makes these sounds and then he/she manipulates them with Chakra. Therefore, it goes without saying that this Genjutsu affects one's sense of sound.

• Hekireki Koe no Jutsu [ Thunder Voice Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Hearing // -
→→S. Sense: N // A
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 2 // 5 Chakra
→→Source: Vocals
→→Description: This Genjutsu is very simple. Upon its execution, the target is made to hear the user's voice at an astoundingly amplified level. This is a Genjutsu often used by academy teachers to awaken students that fall asleep in class.
Originator: Kagerou Uchiha [HeadlessKoko]

• Hibanahouden no Jutsu [ Discharge Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Touch // -
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 3 Posts // 5 Chakra
→→Description: The target of this technique feels a tingle all over their body; their hair even seems to stand on end. Whenever they try to touch an object they receive a painful jolt of what seems to be high-end static electricity. The pain is not so severe that they cannot function but it is distracting to say the least. The key to realizing that this effect is an illusion comes in knowing the nature of static electricity.

• Shitsukentou Genkaku [ Disorientation Motion Illusion ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 1 // -
→→Source: Snapping of the fingers whilst gazing upon the victim
→→Description: Upon casting of the technique, the vision of the intended target blurs and shakes rapidly, as it forces the eyeballs to jerk to the left and right in a rapid way. The main giveaway for the Genjutsu is that nothing falls nor moves due to the shaking.

• Tsutaurushi no Jutsu [ Poison Ivy Technique ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 2 Posts // 5 Chakra
→→Description: A Genjutsu inspired by the poison ivy and oak plentiful in the forests of the Earth Country, it causes the victim to feel as if they were slathered in poison ivy. The user feels an irritating itching, pain on/under their skin, and begins to scratch away.

• Kuuden [ Static ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 2 Posts // 10 Chakra
→→Source: Area of Effect → All within 30 feet +10 ft/rank of chakra used
→→Description: This Jutsu targets the sense of hearing of a foe. While under the effect of this skill, the victim constantly hears the sound of static in his ears, making it difficult for one suffering from this affliction to hear sounds over the annoying noise. Often used to hamper communication between foes, as well as a distraction. The effect is increased by one rank iif the target is wearing/using a communication device.

• Okuyuki Katawa [ Depth Distortion ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 1 Post// 5 Chakra
→→Source: Must gaze into the eyes of the subject to be affected, though a connection need not be established
→→Description: This Jutsu adversely affects the depth perception of a target, making them unable to accurately judge the distance between themselves and an object. For example, an opponent under the influence of this technique would have trouble determining the speed of an incoming projectile, or may misjudge a quarry’s position as being further away.

• Shihouhapou [ All Directions ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 3 Posts // 5 chakra
→→Description: This Jutsu distorts the hearing of the opponent, causing the sounds of the user to appear to be coming from every direction. Commonly used to confuse the target concerning his foe’s location, or used to intimidate the one’s adversary by convincing him that he is surrounded. Is able to be reduced to particular directions, 1 specified direction per post if so chosen.

• Shimaru Shikaku [ Closed Sight ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 1 post // 10 Chakra
→→Source: Gesturing with hand by opening hand, rotating as if catching something, and closing hand into a fist
→→Description: This Jutsu targets the peripheral vision of the target. While under the effects of this Jutsu, the victim's range of vision will be reduced from roughly 180 to 60 degrees; essentially causing them to see only what is directly in front of their eyes. Due to this, the afflicted will find themselves unable to register attacks coming from either flank, and will in turn also find targeting foes for attack more difficult than normal.

• Konoha-Ryū Yanagi [ Tree Leaf-Style Willow ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 1 // 5 Chakra
→→Source: ”Weapon” Movement
→→Description: The user waves their weapon or arms back and forth, which when seen by the target locks them in a genjutsu which causes them to hallucinate multiple waving arms. The movement resembles that of a willow tree blowing in the wind. With the enemy off guard, the user is free to cut them down. Can be activated via weapon alone. A simple Genjutsu, one merely only needs to wave their weapon or arms in a willow's fashion to produce the visual trickery.

• Magen: Jigoku Kōka no Jutsu [ Demonic Illusion: Descending Hell Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Sight // Touch
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 1 Post// 10 Chakra
→→Description: Demonic Illusion: Jigoku Gouka no Jutsu is a Genjutsu technique that causes its target to see a vision of fire. After the user forms the needed hand seals, a huge ball of fire will descend from the sky to envelope his target. The victims of the Genjutsu will believe they are being engulfed by a torrent of fire and flee their location for safety. Effects include the feeling of intense heat bearing down upon them, but does not include physical damage or pain.

• Kiri no Jutsu [ Mist Technique ]
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 2 // -
→→Description: An illusionary clone that charges towards the enemy, jumps, then explodes in a fog of mist, flower petals, leaves, or anything the caster can think of to confuse their opponent. Note, this is not an actual clone, but is perceivable by all who can see it.

• Kiga no Jutsu [ Hunger Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Taste // -
→→Description: The opponent is overcome by a sudden hunger and will be unable to concentrate fully because of this urge to find food; those who are weak against Genjutsu may even find themselves in a condition where they feel like they are lethargic.

• Nodono Kawaki no Jutsu [ Thirst Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Taste // -
→→Description: The opponent is overcome by a sudden thirst and will be unable to concentrate fully because of this urge to find water; those who are weak against Genjutsu may even find themselves in a condition where they feel like they are lethargic.

• Raimei Wana Fuu [ Thunder Trap Seal ]
→→P/S. Sense: Touch // Sound
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: Instant (1) // 10 Chakra
→→Source: Triggered Trap
→→Description: A basic Genjutsu in the sense that what it does is very simple, however it is an illusion that is set up for the target, but also an illusion that the user himself notices. Flashing a series of signs the user "primes" an area or object with a conditional Genjutsu. Whenever someone crosses the said area or tampers with said object loud thunder is sounded and can be heard well from everywhere. While partially unsettling for most people who were just walking around or touching something the Genjutsu does nothing more then alert the setter of this Genjutsu that someone set off one of his signals.
Guild Description: See official description. In essence, this jutsu affects all living beings in the area. This jutsu is stackable with more instance genjutsus. Other Instance Genjutsu may be primed, to a maximum of one [1] additional Instance per rank of the Genjutsu user.

• Suna Arashi no Odokemono [ Trickster’s Sand Storm ]
→→Source:
→→Description: This Jutsu causes the opponent to believe that a sandstorm is kicking up, blinding his vision, irritating his eyes, getting into his nose and mouth. Simply rubbing their eyes will usually end the Genjutsu, though it is still quite useful if one can take use of the temporary blindness the target may suffer.

• Etainoshirenai no Tsuujite [ Through the Unfamiliar ]
→→P/S. Sense: Chakra // -
→→Source: Original
→→Description: Strange in its uses, this Genjutsu is fairly harmless. What it does is it makes any opponent who falls into its area of effect imagine that they have just undergone a certain sense of déjà vu. That is to say, they begin to question whether they are following the right path or direction since the one in front of them seems too familiar to be the right way. Area of effect includes all within ten [10] yards per rank.

• Doro Shissaku no Jutsu [ Mud Slip Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Touch // Sight
→→Description: A Genjutsu in which the victim feels slippery “mud” right beneath his or her feet, causing them to slip and fall. Can only be placed within an environment as a seal, and activates when anyone nears it.

• Okkuu Chiri no Jutsu [ Annoying Dust Technique ]
→→Description: This simple Genjutsu makes a person feel as if there was a speck of dust in their eye, irritating it. Although not damaging, it can cause the victim to lose concentration and also make them continually rub their eyes in an attempt to get the nonexistent dust speck out.

• Shonben no Jutsu [ Urine Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Touch //
→→Description: A Genjutsu which makes the opponent feel the urge to urinate badly, even if they just went. Upkeep requires concentration up to three people, and max duration is set to four [4] posts.

• Iwa no Jutsu [ Rock Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Instant // -
→→Description: A simple Genjutsu that makes the victim see a very sharp rock protruding out of the ground, causing the victim to trip over the “rock” and fall in avoidance. This effect requires a set location, and triggers by someone stepping on it. The next step taken will have the rock.

• Etainoshirenai no Tacchi [ Touch of the Unfamiliar ]
→→Source: Triggered Object
→→Description: This Jutsu, by its name alone, obviously takes into account a person’s sense of touch. Much unlike the rest of these Jutsu, this one is activated once a person touches a particular object that the user has placed the seal upon. It can be as obvious as a Kunai being sent at an opponent from any distance, or even the leaves of a tree. In short, what it does is it makes the user question whether or not the particular item existed or not. So if a person were to be stabbed with a Kunai, they would seem to not feel the pain of the Kunai, but would realize it much later since the effect of the Jutsu is quite short. In the example of leaves, a person could pass through a veil of leaves and only have their other four senses to rely on as to whether or not those leaves even truly existed, causing a very distinct sense of confusion. Applies only to the object that is sealed, & sets off when anyone touches it.

• Onkyou no Jutsu [ Sound Technique ]
→→Description: A distraction Genjutsu that causes the target to hear random sounds of the user's discretion. Can be instanced. This jutsu is stackable with more instance genjutsus.

Korabo Kuchiyose no Jutsu [Collaborative Summoning Technique]
Description: This technique allows multiple summoners to transport animals or people across long distances. With the combined strength of multiple powerful users, this technique can bring forth targets from tremendous distances and even different dimensions. This technique is a requirement for several transportation-based Fuuinjutsu. To learn and train, it requires a minimum of two people to work together. An already sealed or marked object or person (marked by a Fuuin sigil) must be successfully summoned by the individuals practicing to be considered learned. The distance grows by rank learning. This technique's usefulness is in other techniques requiring it. E-rank - summon from the next room over. D-rank - summon from the next building over. C-rank - summon from the next street over. B-rank - summon from the next district over. A-rank summon from across the village. S-rank - summon from across a forest. Living entities, including people, cannot be summoned unless the equivalent Kuchiyose no Jutsu level is also learned by all participants. Takes one [1] Ninjutsu slot.

Tebanasu Fuuin [Time Sealing]
Description: A seal in the shape of a small clock face, the hands will depict the timer's countdown/up. Once set upon another Fuuinjutsu, it fades away from view, & only sensory techniques will be able to pick it up if specifically looked for. After the requisite handsigns are performed, the seal will flow from the hands to any Fuuinjutsu being touched. Can set other Fuuin to activate after a certain time from creation, or maintain activation for a length of time, for up to two months. The markings for Tebanasu Fuuin are only visible to Sensory Jutsu. Takes one [1] Ninjutsu slot.
Originator: Kokuei Nara [Arrow35], Kagerou Uchiha [HeadlessKoko]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:40 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] [Not finished; just posting so I don't lose it]
As soon as I was inside, I broke off from Kagerou to find my own techniques to learn. Thankfully, someone like Oragor was excessive in his organization, so finding techniques that I needed was easy. Starting with the null release basics, I read through the scrolls for them to memorize the descriptions and, in doing so, relearn many jutsu I had lost during my slumber. [6 E-rank Maruton learned]

I finished up with the last few E-ranks as quickly as I could so that I could move on. [2 E-rank Maruton Learned] Unfortunately, there was still a long way to go as far as 'basics' were concerned. I moved onto the low-ranking water release. I still wasn't entirely sure why my primary element was water now, especially because I was about ninety-nine percent sure Suiken was gone, but I assumed it had something to do with the bijuu. Regardless, like Maruton, reading was enough to learn the E-ranks, so I was able to move on pretty quickly. [3 E-rank Suiton Learned]

Unlike water, my earth element had remained the same, which I was grateful for because it was my main source of defense. I'd already found some of the lower ranking Doton techniques on my journey, so the research here was just to top off the list for versatility. They were the last of the E-rank Ninjutsu I needed to learn, so I memorized the few and moved on. [3 E-rank Doton Learned]

Genjutsu was something, despite Jack, that I never really delved into in my past life. Though honestly that was probably because of him. A lot of things were because of him. That aside, I delved into the lists of basic Illusory techniques. A lot of them were supplemental effects that paired well with physical attacks, which seemed to be a good deal of my focus in this new life. It was those that I focused on. [4 E-rank Illusory Learned]

Being basic techniques, they were all easy to memorize, though I tested each of them out because they were unfamiliar, just to make sure I had them committed to muscle memory as well. I moved onto Enchantment types, which there were a lot more of. Though I guessed that made sense, since enchantment and supplemental kind of went hand-in-hand. They were compulsory, for the most part, after all, and caused pretty great distractions. [6 E-rank Enchantment Learned]

I spent more time on these since there was a longer list of them. I wanted to memorize as many as possible. Just like before, I tested each of them out before moving onto the next technique, just to make sure I had it down. Of course, without a target, it was more a matter of testing the hand seals and where I was applying the chakra to. [6 E-rank Enchantment Learned]

Next up was the E-rank Instance type techniques. They worked similarly to many other basic Genjutsu, but most were triggered by something specific. This was the category of illusory traps, which was more my specialty. Distractions were great, but the less direct contact I had with my opponent the better. Most of my non-physical abilities revolved around preparation, so the longer I could hold my opponent at bay, the better. [6 E-rank Instance Learned]

There were only a couple more things I needed to learn regarding E-rank techniques, so I finished up Genjutsu and moved on. [1 E-rank Instance Learned] Some new abilities had sprung up during my time asleep, either in times following or created by the creatures who inhabited the world after humans were gone. Referred to as 'talents', they were more general fighting techniques better used alongside unstructured combat. There were only a couple of these that I found that I wanted to learn, and after a brief practice had them down as well. [2 E-rank General Talents Learned]

Now for the biggest focus. The academy functioned essentially like a library too. They had tomes upon tomes of information on various skills needed to survive in the new world, either recovered from the old world or traded from the species inhabiting the land. Before wandering anywhere near the Sero, I wanted to learn first about the wildlife I would encounter on the way. Information was limited, and I would probably have to make a lot of assumptions from what I saw, but assumptions was something I was decently good at. So I read about some animals that had inhabited the Land of Water in the old world. [Trained 2 ranks in Hunting Normal Animals]

The world had been twisted by chakra. Or at least that's what we'd seen thus far. That led to the rise of creatures that were mostly normal but infused with the mystical energy, giving them unique abilities. Exploring the shelves, I found some information on them as well. I had a feeling the lizards that Oragor wanted me to find fell into this category of creatures. [Trained 2 ranks in Hunting Unnatural Animals]

Then of course there was the stuff of nightmares out there. Literally, some of the things I read about I was sure I'd seen in the shadows that always seemed to follow Jack. Creatures that had twisted so far beyond recognition of animals they couldn't be considered them anymore. These Monsters had subcategories too, beyond just the typical. 'Sprites' and 'fades', as well as 'spirits' and 'demons' fell here, though information on them was incredibly limited. [Trained 2 ranks in Hunting Monsters]

And last but not least was some information on, well... hunting people, I guess. Mostly covering things like traps and similar that could be used for a variety of situations involving humans, and even a bit on the other races. Like I said, my specialty. Why the book existed, I wasn't entirely sure about or comfortable with, but the pages still held some valuable information. [Trained 3 ranks in Hunting Humanoids]

Finishing the book I'd been reading I glanced outside. I wasn't entirely sure from my angle how much time had passed. I was exhausted, but I still had a long way to go. I half wondered if Kagerou had finished in the time I took. Sighing, I placed the book back in its spot on the shelf and headed up to the second floor in search of more techniques. I went through them in a similar order as the first floor, reading through Maruton first. [2 D-rank Maruton Learned] During my hunt for techniques, I found a sealing version of Shunshin that was worth learning as well. [1 D-rank Fuuinjutsu Learned] Then I moved onto Water techniques as well, finding a few there to learn and practice. [3 D-rank Suiton Learned]

Doton were another beast to tackle. They took up more of my time because there were so many of them to read through, many of them, in my opinion, redundant. A lot of them were so similar I wondered why they were their own techniques. So I chose the most unique and useful ones I could find, most of which were defensive in nature. I tested each in turn to make sure I had it down before moving to the next. [5 D-rank Doton Learned]

Once jutsu were out of the way, I could take a look at some of the stronger talents that were available. Most were basic strikes, but they amplified attacks that followed through the way they set the user up. I found quite a few of them worth learning. I wasn't sure how often they could be useful, but they could save me in the right scenario. [6 D-rank General Talents Learned]

I finished up with the more general talents and was lucky enough to run across a scroll containing some information on talents that fit in my field of expertise. [1 D-rank General Talent Learned] There were only two that were of use to me but one of them was particularly handy. It taught some methods to help move both more quietly and quicker through tough terrain. Handy in a place full of swamps and potentially man-eating plants. [2 D-rank Tracker Talents Learned]

After that, I didn't find much else technique wise on the floor, so I took some time to practice with my weapons. They had practice dummies set up on part of the floor. So I focused on perfecting my aim with some practice bows of varying types, since all I had on me was a composite. Then I did some strength training in melee range with my daggers for a while, until I needed a break from physical work. [Trained 3 Proficiencies to D-rank]

Back into the grind of reading a bit more advanced knowledge on the creatures of the world. There was a lot of information on this floor about anatomy of old world animals, so I more or less let the photographic part of my memory take over as I took 'snapshots' of all of the drawings in the books. There were words too, but I wasn't as interested in what individual parts were called, and I could always focus on the images later. It was just an exhausting process because I knew the pictures were going to get muddled in my head and come for a visit at inconvenient times, but it was all valuable even if I probably wouldn't sleep because of it. [Trained 4 ranks in Hunting Normal Animals]

The 'unnatural' animals, as they were labeled, were harder because there wasn't nearly as much information on them. I did find a book that was on some of the old world 'unnaturals'. Chakra had existed for a very long time, so it was always possible for these creatures to appear. Some were even suspected to be the source of some great weather catastrophes, which was interesting to read about. [Trained 4 ranks in Hunting Unnatural Animals]

Unfortunately, because our knowledge of the new world races was so limited, information on them stopped after the first floor. Sketches of what they looked like and some super basic info on them, but that was it. Instead, I focused on humans and read a bit into psychology and some detective-type documentaries. I didn't delve too far into it or I was going to be there for days, but some general knowledge on emotions I seemed incapable of expressing or comprehending was handy. [Trained 3 ranks in Hunting Humanoids]

For the monsters portion of this floor, I read some mythology, and spent quite some time doing so. Dragons existed; we'd met a couple after all. So it wasn't too far-fetched to believe that other thought to be mythological creatures existed as well. [Trained 4 ranks in Hunting Monsters] Somehow, I got off track though, maybe because my brain was starting to get bogged down processing information, and ended up on a book about some local plants that had been discovered. I shrugged it off because it was all useful. [Trained 2 ranks in Foraging]

Plants was a subject I stayed on for a good long while, and I even took notes and drew pictures of the more common ones in the region. Edible plants were handy on the road, but also knowing which to avoid was vital, especially if they looked similar to each other. Those plants were useful, too, since poisons were of particular interest to me, and always had been. Especially because many that affect humans didn't affect me. [Trained 4 ranks in Herb Identification]

Reading about plants led to reading about known poisons, but also remedies. [Trained 3 ranks in Poisonmaking] Simple stuff like infusions that could be made to treat fever and colds. I also refreshed my knowledge on general first aid because one could never practice enough with it. After all, life or death situations came up way too often for comfort, and knowing what to do in those situations was vital. [Trained 3 ranks in Field Triage]

In a similar vein was bomb making. I found some handy recipes on how to make some from scrap metals. There were more complex ones, too, that required materials I hadn't even heard of. Or at least I had no memory of them. Some of the designs were definitely new world. I could tell because a. they were handwritten and b. the writing was fresh. [Trained 3 ranks in Bombmaking]

[Trained 4 ranks in Baking]

[Trained 4 ranks in Item Identification]

[Trained 3 ranks in Painting]

[Trained 2 ranks in Regulatory Processing]

[5 C-rank Maruton Learned]

[1 C-rank Kuchiyose Learned]

[4 C-rank Suiton Learned]

[6 C-rank Doton Learned]

[1 C-rank Doton Learned]

[1 C-rank Tracker Talent Learned]

[2 C-rank Tinker Talents Learned]

[6 C-rank General Talents Learned]

[1 C-rank Ukyo Technique Learned]

[Trained 3 Proficiencies to C-rank]

[Trained 2 ranks in Drawing]

[Trained 1 rank in Poisonmaking]

[Trained 2 ranks in Hazard Detection]

[Trained 2 ranks in Tinker: Systematic Repair]

[Trained 2 ranks in Functional Adaptation]

[Trained 2 ranks in Puppeteer: Systematic Repair]

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 8475 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 520 / 520 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 360 / 360

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:08 pm
After leaving what looked like half of the library on the return cart, Kagerou moved on to the next floor with the rag doll Takeddy bear. The previous floor, she had beelined to the eisei section. On this floor, however, she stopped by the Genjutsu section first. If they were to tame animals, she would need to build up her arsenal of techniques that could stop them without harming them. [4 techniques learned]

Following the brief stop in the genjutsu section, Kagerou meandered over to ninjutsu. This place, she spent a lot more time in. It wasn't because she looked through more techniques. Rather, she spent more time frowning at four different techniques, trying to decide whiche to learn. In the end, she finally chose one, then moved on. [4 techniques learned]

Last but not least, medical. In the eiseijutsu section, Kagerou didn't even bother perusing the collection of techniques. She saw that, as advertised, the standard techniques up to C-rank were given in the library, and with a glance regardless of floor, she pulled out the technique she wanted. She knew these techniques like the back of her hand. Consequently, she also knew at what levels of her progression she would want or need them the most. [4 techniques learned]

Dreary work of studying and reading done, Kagerou closed her final book and merrily found Shadow learning how to make bombs. Fascinating. Fantastic, really, so long as he didn't blow up his other arm. Kagerou, of course, didn't say that. Instead, she just picked up a book, and commented, "Boom booms, huh? I thought that was Inka's thing. I didn't know you were interested in it as well." The book, which the curious kunoichi had opened to a familiar page, was closed with a snap after a few lines were read. Saltpeter, blackpowder. It was pretty much what she expected. Helping Shadow pick up after himself and put everything away, Kagerou continued to reminisce with a smile, "Talking about Inka, I remember that the first time I saw you was when you had just tumbled out of a door in Jack's office. Inka caught you in a hug and then handed one of the keys to the whole nightmare, a dagger of some sort, to you. I didn't have the time to think it back then, but looking back, that really was a sort of cute moment. You know, if you ignored Miki bleeding out from two lost limbs on the table. All sorts of unknown creatures, real or imaginary, pounding on the office walls. And generally everything else that was happening." Good times. Yes, very good times.

12/12 techniques learned

• Ussou Kabe [ Impenetrable Wall ]
→→Rank: D
→→P/S. Sense: Sight // Touch
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 5 Posts // 5 Chakra
→→Description: An unusual Genjutsu, but a useful one in the right hands. When an opponent is advancing directly towards the user, the user forms a single seal and then stretches their hand outwards in the direction of their attacker. A wall appears, the dimensions, materials, and appearance of which is determined by the caster. The wall itself has substance to those who witness it, though a Kai will allow the technique to become translucent to the eyes of the victim alone, allowing safe passage through. Objects or techniques striking it will seem to be absorbed or resisted by the wall, though in reality they continue through it unabated.

• Hitoshirenu Shikaku no Jutsu [ Hidden Assassin Technique ]
→→Rank: C
→→P/S. Sense: Sight // Touch, Sound
→→Source: Meeting of the Eyes
→→Description: Upon casting this Genjutsu, the user seems to vanish in a puff of clouds. The user is actually still standing right where they were before, but the target cannot see them. However, an illusionary version of the user appears behind the target and rushes straight at the target with unbelievable speed, piercing the target’s heart with a Kunai.

• Jouho no Koe [ Voice of Compromise ]
→→P/S. Sense: Chakra // Sound
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: 3 Posts // 10 Chakra
→→Source: Auditory Alteration
→→Description: The user focuses a small amount of Chakra into his vocal chords as he speaks, allowing it to escape with his voice. This technique does not affect the sound of the user’s voice directly, but rather affects how any listeners hear the message. While using this technique, anything the user says will be perceived by listeners as a positive message. It can have numerous effects, such as endearing the speaker to his audience. The power of this Jutsu is quite limited, however. It tends to have very little effect on established enemies, or people in a high state of emotion, although it has been known to calm down agitated people.

• Yukashii no Jutsu [ Charming Technique ]
→→P/S. Sense: Chakra // Sight
→→Source: Auditory Instrument
→→Description: The user plays notes on an instrument, lulling animals in the area into a state of mild hypnosis. This causes the animals to think that the user's foes are their foes and that the user is an ally. This can even turn pets against their owners for a time. However, this does not work on summons.

• Aitou no Hibiki [ Echo of Lament ]
→→P/S. Sense: Any // -
→→Base Duration // Upkeep: Instant (1) // 40 Chakra
→→Description: A technique fashioned for defense, this one takes a rather different approach. It is, in fact, fashioned for reversal and is quite dangerous in effect. Preparing the Jutsu ahead of an opponent's attack, it is passive until activated with precise Chakra control. Through any of the senses, the Genjutsu is passed on and it quickly alters the image an opponent sees. What appears to the opponent is a direct hit on their target. Whether it be as simple as a Kunai plunging into their thigh or a Genjutsu immobilizing them with fear, an opponent will see this outcome played out as exactly as if it would have really happened. Yet, it is the ability of this technique to make one think that and thus leave a very critical opening in any person’s defense.

Kamaitachi [Cutting Whirlwind]
Strength: C
Speed: C
Description: Named after a mythical creature, the user uses their fan, or similarly shaped item, to blow a concussive wind that is imbued with their Chakra. When their opponent is caught in the wind, a tornado will raise them into the air and hold them with the Chakra. The wind will then begin to cut the target with the sickling winds. A fan or similarly shaped object is needed to perform this technique. Tornado holds and cuts target for two [2] posts.

Jokyo Dokubutsu [Poison Removal]
Description: This technique does not cure a poisoning; it simply extracts a portion of the poison and prevents immediate death. This technique allows a med-nin enough time to prepare an antidote for the poison. This technique can also be used to slow down the effects of a poison used against the medical nin so as to give them time to escape or prepare an antidote for themselves. A patient will still die from a lethal poison even if this technique is used if the poison is not treated. The only exception to this is if the person this is being used on was just poisoned within the last minute or so (one post). This technique is less effective against highly advanced poisons. The D - ranked version allows for removals of light poisons. The B - ranked version allows for removals of medium types. The S - ranked version allows for removals of the most dangerous types.

Eiseijutsu: Shunshin no Jutsu [Medical Release: Instant Movement Technique]
Description: Nearly exactly like the Maruton version of Shunshin, when utilizing Shunshin, upon arrival, or before leaving (choose one), those withing arm's reach will find E - ranked damage healed from their body. Usable thrice per battle, including the other versions of Shunshin.

Kinniku Shikan [Muscle Relaxant]
Description: This technique causes the muscles of an affected area to immediately cease being tense, and prevents them from gaining any further stress. At A-rank, this slows the target's speed and reaction abilities of the affected area by the same rank. At S-rank, complete paralysis of the affected area is possible. Lasts until an equal rank Healing Hands technique removes it.
Originator: Kokuei Nara [Arrow35]

Onkyoutai [Body Echoes]
Description: An ultrasound jutsu, what is on the inside is illuminated to a black and white image at the surface. Precise eiseijutsu becomes even more so when one can see within, and many patients have requested this to see their future children. Requires both hands to physically touch the surface, with the image displaying between them. At B-rank, color is added, while at S-rank, the image becomes fully 3-D.

Shindan: Shinkyou [Diagnosis: Mental State]
Description: The first step in treatment is understanding the problem. With this skill a shinobi uses their hands to carefully probe a patient's mind for problems. This technique is performed by kneeling over a patient and slowly running both hands over their head, looking for signs of mental injury that may not be visible to the naked eye. It can detect things such as mental harm, suffering, damage, impairment, or dysfunction caused to a person as a direct result of some action or failure to act by some individual. A shinobi of higher rank has learned to use this technique to perform a rudimentary examination of a mind to determine cause and time of death. A D - ranked Shinobi using this skill takes several minutes of work to determine the nature of a problem, a C - ranked Shinobi takes less than a minute and a B - ranked Shinobi requires only a few seconds. Requires knowing Shindan [Diagnosis]. This is an upgrade of Shindan, but takes up its own slot, as the original is E-rank. Either version can be used for the appropriate version's cost.

Shindan: Ni [Diagnosis: Two]
Description: Requiring regular Diagnosis before this, Ni elaborates on what is actually wrong, specifically, based on the user's learned knowledge. If already studied or experienced, it will tell what kind of level of infection is present (P.V.D. and severity), and what remedy steps must be taken, if known. Can also determine what kind of cancer, if any, is present, where, and in what quantities. Requires knowing Shindan [Diagnosis]. This is an upgrade of Shindan, but takes up its own slot, as the original is E-rank. It may take the same slot as Shindan: Shinkyou. Any version can be used for the appropriate version's cost.

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:58 am
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] Engrossed in my reading, I barely registered Kagerou speaking at first. Distracted as I was, my brain overflowing with all of the information I was taking in. Because of that, the green-haired kunoichi didn't immediately get a response from me, but she hovered over my shoulder to look at the page I had the book open to and my attention was finally drawn away. I blinked to clear my head a bit so I could focus on her instead of everything swirling around in my mind. She moved on, picking up a couple of the books I'd already gone through--making me feel bad for not being more diligent in cleaning up after myself, but she didn't seem to mind, and continued speaking.

She recalled Inka, and the first time she and I 'met', sort of. The older shinobi had caught me after I'd flung Junan away like a slingshot, back into the hellscape of the heart of Jack's island. He'd basically embraced me and presented one of the keys I needed to stop the event. Had the situation been any different, I'd have been embarrassed about it, but I was more worried about stopping the nightmare before anyone else got hurt. Dredging it up now, as well as calling it 'cute', though, I felt heat flare in my cheeks. The statement was innocent enough, and I wasn't entirely sure if her intention was to draw out a reaction from me, but she got a scowl from me anyway.

But then she mentioned Miki's injuries, and the nightmare creatures trying to break into the office, and the embarrassment was forgotten. If I was honest, I hardly recalled Kagerou being there. I could see her in my memory among the crowd, but it was in a glance over while I was looking for who had the keys. It was kind of weird, actually, how... insignificant? people seemed when they didn't directly impact you. How easy it was to toss someone aside in favor of the people you did know. My gaze turned back to the book I'd been reading, but I stared blankly at the words, thinking. "Honestly, that whole day is hazy." Apparently that was all I could say. It was true, more or less. It was also the day I lost my memory.

Even if I later got it back, it was still one of the most painful things I'd gone through. My ability to remember everything was a burden, but it was familiar. To wake up with nothing was panic-inducing. Not unlike how I felt waking up in the new world.

"But I remember," I added after a moment, reassuringly? If that was the word for it. I flipped to one of the recipes I'd passed in the book. "There are recipes for smoke bombs that have a sedative. I thought it might help capture this creature." I frowned slightly, reading the recipe again. "I might be able to make it if I can get supplies. The biggest problem is the actual sedative. I haven't found a recipe yet to make one strong enough." So maybe I'd have to think of something else.

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

[ e x p ] 8475 x|x [ r y o ] 0400 x|x [ c h a k r a ] 520 / 520 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 360 / 360

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:39 pm
Shadow's scowl had not been Kagerou's goal, but nonetheless, it brought a smile to her face to see a reaction from him. "Hm~ Hmm~" she would innocently hum, pleased to see that, evidently, Shadow had been embarrassed by the hug. Certainly, reminiscing had her missing the whole cast of Kirigakure, even if her memories of them were fragmented and foggy. However, optimist she was, she could still enjoy the memories she did have.

Kagerou arched an eyebrow when Shadow admitted that the day had been hazy, but it quickly went down, replaced by a pensive nod instead. It took her a moment, but she remembered now that Shadow had actually lost his memories after that entire ordeal. Funny thing to forget since that and her position as Jack's student were perhaps the only reasons she knew Shadow now as a friend.

Yes, even Kagerou, who was utterly confident in her ability to make friends wherever she went, would admit that she would have needed special circumstances to become friends with Shadow. Of course, the reason why mostly being that she wouldn't have been able to interact with Shadow period.

She could hear Shadow's attempts to reassure in his next line. While completely calm, Kagerou nonetheless played along and nodded at him like she had been reassured.

Then it was on to business talk. Looking over Shadow's shoulder once again, Kagerou skimmed down the lines that basically said what Shadow did but longer. "You also wouldn't know if the creature would be affected by the sedative," Kagerou added, remembering how she could sedate Shadow with catnip, "Perhaps if enchantments were still a thing, we could try to enchant the smoke with a genjutsu instead but..." Kagerou glanced in the direction of the staircase. There was a set of stairs going up beyond the C-rank floor, but that was the floor that was off-limits. "Nemuri is a B-rank technique. This library only has up to C-rank. Forget about Temple of Nirvana, that's an A-rank technique, and honestly, I'm not sure if the current me could learn an A-rank technique," Kagerou finished exploring the genjutsu alternative, her smile briefly giving way to a frown as she talked about her own inadequacy. It didn't matter to her if she was only in the body of a preteen, or that in her past life, she was still in academy at this age. Her smile quickly returned.

Kagerou's eyes swept from side to side as she thought about other alternatives. She seemed to think of a few as she shook her head with each one. Not giving her rejected ideas, but not hiding them either, she admitted with a smile, "I don't like the idea of asking the village leadership for any more help... Though this place is geographically our closest bet to home, and there are probably a lot of former kiri shinobi in the newly awakened, it's still not Kirigakure to me. I'd prefer canvassing this village a little longer before feeling comfortable in it. If you'd like, though, I can go back and see if I can cram some pharmaceutical knowledge into my head."

That was the most direct answer to Shadow. If he needed help with his smoke bombs, then Kagerou would happily put herself on track to helping him. Besides, if she followed her growth in the past life, she would also be using smoke bombs once she found the style.

However, it wasn't like Kagerou hadn't come prepared either. She offered her own alternatives to Shadow, "But you know, I also picked up a few tricks specifically for this mission. Like I said, there are a few genjutsu techniques that can charm animals. I've picked up Comfort Song, Charming Technique, and Voice of Compromise." She didn't waste time with explaining what each were, figuring that Shadow probably had the descriptions memorized even better than she did.

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:49 am
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] "Sedatives are fairly universal," I answered, to her first statement. "But I see your point." She continued mentioning a few different Genjutsu that would be possibilities if we had access to them. Except we didn't, so they were out of the question. She was also hesitant to ask Oragor for more help and needed more time before she felt comfortable enough to do so. While I agreed that I wasn't comfortable with the place yet, I didn't share the sentiment about confronting the village leadership. He didn't intimidate me; if anything, I'd noticed it was the other way around. What he heard of me was probably far from the truth, but as long as he kept that impression, he wasn't a threat. Especially because, to me, he smelled oily and I was fairly certain there was something he was hiding.

I said nothing regarding it, though, and just shook my head to answer her unasked question in regards to learning about medicines. "There are plenty of other routes."

To which she mentioned a few calming Genjutsu that could work on animals. She didn't describe any of them, I assumed expecting me to know the techniques due to my relations with a master of illusions, but in all honesty I never really delved far into them. Still, I probably had seem the descriptions at some point and could probably draw on them if I had the capacity for it and wasn't exhausted. Besides which, I needed some time to process everything I'd consumed in the last few hours let alone trying to delve into my memory bank. I could get a general idea what they did by the names anyway. I nodded absently in response.

Not entirely sure what else to say on the subject, I waited silently to see if Kagerou had anything else to contribute.

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:35 pm
Shadow was quiet. Okay, he was always quiet, and he was usually fairly apathetic for that matter. However, this time, Kagerou felt that his silence seemed a little distracted. He was paying attention to her, she could tell that much. His ears made those tiny twitches they tended to whenever they were listening. Plus, he was replying to her, short as they were. Nonetheless, it still felt like his mind was wandering.

If one was paying attention yet still unfocused... and considering Shadow's temperament... Kagerou felt fine after the cramming session. Through hell and high water, she could come out feeling fine. Initially, she had thought Shadow would be the same, at least when it came to studying. He had, she had supposed, an innate talent for it, that being his eidetic memory.

Of course, she was seeing now that wasn't the case. The green haired girl, while appearing like a preteen, had the bright mind of an adult who could connect the rest of the dots. She had misjudged. Shadow must be feeling tired after staring at books for so long, and there was everything they had gone through before this, while out in the wilderness. Then, add in that he was perpetually exhausted because he couldn't sleep...

It was unfortunate that the best solution to recover with was also the exact same thing he had been failing to do night after night so far. Still, it was worth a shot, so Kagerou suggested, "We should discuss this some more, but that can wait until after we've gotten some sleep. We can just travel as we've always been, so we don't need to stock up on supplies. Let's rest for the rest of today and leave before dawn the next morning?" as she stood up and brushed herself off. She looked expectantly at Shadow, hand out to help him up as well, "Don't worry about the books. I'm sure a librarian will come and put them away."

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:01 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] I was a bit jealous of Kagerou in a way. The fact she could sleep a full night aside, she was still so bubbly and energetic, even after hours of study. But then, I supposed her brain didn't force itself to memorize every word on the page, just capture the most important parts like a normal person. Not that she was normal or anything. Or was that an insult, too?

Words never were and probably never would be my strong suit, so most of the time it was easier just to say nothing.

Point being, I left common sense up to her while my mind sifted through pages and pages of useless information in search of whatever was most valuable. Sure, I could recite a script from memory with a single glance, but that didn't necessarily mean I understood everything I was saying. No, that bit took a bit longer. Almost like reading a book a second time, but...not. It was something I didn't know how to put into words in order to explain to Kagerou, so I just didn't. "Mm..." The sound was more an acknowledgement that I heard and agreed, but I guess it came in part that I felt the need to use my voice to some extent after making her deal with silence for so long. I still had to force myself to close the book I had. There was a lot of information left I wanted to gather, but I supposed there would be more time after we returned from the mission. Besides, trying to cram more into my tired brain wasn't going to do much good until everything I had taken in settled into place.

Despite her mention that someone would clean up the mess, I still pushed the books I'd used into piles and stood, stretching. Then I waited about half a heartbeat to see if she would start off before leading the way out of the building myself.

[Exit?]

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ None.

Items of Note:

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:01 pm
Kagerou waited a whole heartbeat for Shadow to lead. She was unfamiliar with the village. Though, she didn't think Shadow was much more familiar. However, since he had been invited here, then perhaps he knew something about where they could go to sleep. Halfway through her heartbeat, Shadow went off first.

The silence, she didn't mind while travelling with Shadow. In fact, considering that Shadow was still probably trying to digest all of the information he had just read, Kagerou chose to remain quiet for most of the trip. She kept her thoughts to herself, not burdening Shadow with even more new memories.

Yes, let's exit.

Royal Taorito

________City of Hearts ► Kokorogakure

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas