Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:33 pm
__________________The Entourage Approaches ||
tab Such lack of decorum, such inner strength that radiated past the barrier of language, and the commanding tone in which he spoke painted a vivid image of leadership for the banana man. The delectable scent only served to strengthen his stature in their eyes, and so without any seeming effort Baranara had convinced the gathered members of the Anzu species that he was the chieftain of this settlement, if not something more dangerous, like a King. Nais for example simply stared at the retreating figure after he made his pronouncement and strutted off towards the tower he had indicated previously. Eyes turned to the great structure and for a moment she wondered if perhaps this would be a mistake. Their people were about working with nature when it came to permanent, fixed structures, and these people had somehow raised the tortured stone of this place and made it into...this? It was much like the ancient ruins of their home, and that more than anything convinced the figures that their prophecies were likely true, and these were the Builders of old.
tab Turning to translate to her benefactor, who then called out for four of their units to follow, the honor guard took places around the two Anzu and began to follow Baranara, their feathers ruffled about them as their nerves flared with the stone passing over their heads.
tab [Exit to the Watchtower. You post first!]

NecroPlant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:25 pm
㊋⊳⊳⊳⊳atsuki akuja⊲⊲⊲⊲㊋

The white stone tower stood tall in the distance, even from her stand point she could tell the structure was going to be huge when she walked up to it.

Tatsuki Looked on as she held onto the strap of her ragged makeshift backpack she had made from leftover leather scraps and plant fibers that acted like linen cloth. Tatsuki's hood covered much of her face from the bearing sun on her but she had to look up to try and spot her companion before giving a loud but somewhat natural bird call, similar to the call of a blue jay or robin. From there a small shadow casted from the light of the sun rapidly started to form and just before the shadow landed onto Tatsuki, She raised her right arm to let the now visible eagle grip and perch onto her.

Smiling She reached inside her pocket and grabbed a piece of field rat jerky and gave it to her Companion., "What do you say Hakaze? We getting close to the goal? or we still a little far away from it?" Tatsuki would ask the majestic eagle as it teared and swallowed the jerky down before screeching twice as a response which made Tatsuki sigh in relief, "That's good to know Hakaze, hopefully they'll be able to spare us some food and tell us what the ******** is going on with the world now. Can you show me how far it'll be before I get to the gates?" With that Tatsuki kneeled down to let Hakaze onto the ground where he began to step three time before pecking at the ground making a mark as if to give her a signature of what sort of distance that would give her, "Are you serious? It'll be nightfall before we'll get there then..." The eagle merely looked back and squawked before taking flight

She merely sighed when her companion went off she picked herself up and started her walk again. Her hands ran instinctively to one of her blades on herside as she moved on forward, it was the only thing that gave her comfort when her companion, Hakaze wasn't around. They made her safe, they made her calm and collected, but most importantly, other than protection they where one of the last things from her old life that she had to remember anything by. She didn't know what she would do when she got to this town, told by a passing traveler who stopped there, but she knew she needed, food, lodging, and a means to keep them.

---

Tatsuki would travel the whole day, occasionally calling Hakaze for food and checking for distance and every time it was the same. Tatsuki was at that point considering camping outside for yet another night when she finally spotted it, her goal. The gate was merely a few miles away! It gave Tatsuki new energy as she called Hakaze to her as she sprinted to her goal. At last two weeks of walking, camping, and falcon hunting was about to pay off!

Suddenly however she was stopped by a group of three on one side of the, now obvious, large gate. Tatsuki marveled at the defense before Hakaze perched himself on her shoulder.

"Hey! You there!" Tatsuki's attention was brought back to the three people infront of her as they asked, "What is your business here? and what is with... that thing?" The front person would ask there finger pointing to Hakazein which the eagle would screech back at them in defiance.

"This is a Eagle, my animal companion and friend... i'm here mainly to seek out knowledge I-- I woke up i guess would be the proper term, recently. I was hoping someone would explain things and maybe give us a place... to.. what are you doing?" Tatsuki would say as the two other people from the group started to circle around her and Hakaze like vultures, at least in tatsuki's mind. Tatsuki was trying her best to keep her composure with the encirclement of these wierd cloaked people, she did however raise a hand so as to give a sort of barrier between them and Hakaze.

"I suppose we could let YOU through but... I dont know about the bird. I mean there is no law agaisnt it but is it safe?" The front person asked there gaze quisitive and there head tilted as they merely examined from afar. Tatsuki looked at the front person and said,

"I can say for certain that he is finicky. But he's like any other person, dont mess with him, or pull any feathers, and he won't mess with you or poke your eyes out:" Tatsuki said in a half joke half warning kind of way. The two side people retreated to the front person who glared at her and said, "Careful how you say your words, it'll earn you a night in the point... If you need to talk about the new world order you might want to look towards the education district or the tower, Im sure it's not hard to miss, there you can ask for anyone about your current 'predicament' and go from there... and be careful how you speak, some people may take offense to it, good evening mum' With that the three cloaked people disappeared. Tatsuki looked over at Hakaze and then into the interior gates where more defenses where in place and beginning to close.

Tatsuki then knew she had no time to waste and began her journey into the city with a quick pace, Hakaze flying in tow.

Lanfaer

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:36 am
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx B - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R I N K B O R N

User Image
User Image
[x] After the trance Kagerou had put the matriarch under proved to be holding, I took the lead in guiding the way back to the village. If for any reason she had to stop playing, we had Snickers who could evidently swallow the creature whole and hold onto it until Kagerou was ready to continue. At least it was useful for something other than overly wet licks and constant panting. There wasn't a lot I could personally do without harming the creature, so I was left to protect us as we traveled and make sure we didn't get lost.

Thankfully, nothing happened along the way.

By the time the gates came into view, I'd managed to make a lead out of the remainder of my rope so that once Kagerou's spell had ended whoever took the lizard from us wouldn't immediately lose control of her. I paused briefly to put it on her and headed the rest of the way to the village entrance, the guards watching us cautiously. Not that I blamed them; I'd attacked the proclaimed 'Kokorokage' four days ago, so my face was probably well known at that point, and Kagerou was associated with me. Oh, and of course the massive lizard following us around like a zombie. Before they could speak, I raised my left hand to show them the stamp we'd received upon entering the first time, and glanced at Kagerou.

Except she couldn't speak. The sound of the grass whistle was basically background noise after a while. I frowned slightly, but pulled enough words together to form a coherent sentence and explained our situation. "This is for Oragor, as he requested." Tugging on the lead, assuming the creature followed, I held the rope out to the uncertain guards and waited. The sooner this was over with, the sooner we could get what we needed to make it to the Sero.

I'm scared to get close and I hate being alone.

Stats:
Power [4] || Agility [5] || Intelligence [5] || Mana [4]
• Physical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: +0.5
• Magical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.5
• Illusion| Strength: +0.0
• Arcanist Spell Cost: [-5] Mana
• Simple and Unnamed Attack Cost: [-5] Stamina

Techniques Used:
✤ [Prepared] Ink Transport - C
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with mana-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of mana, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ Track down creature.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 13,250 x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

[ m o o d ] neutral x|x [ h e a l t h ] fine x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] none

Lanfaer
HeadlessKoko

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:53 pm
User ImageThankfully, nothing happened along the way. It was a sentiment Kagerou shared with Shadow as she whistled carefree and melodically. She waited, besides the lizard, while Shadow handled the business of explaining the situation and getting them back into the village. Except, when she saw him glance back at her, she wondered if she was going to need to risk having the lizard break out of its trance in order to explain the situation to the guard.

Shadow, however, seemed to have it figured out as soon as he remembered that her mouth was currently too busy to talk. Leaning against the lizard, Kagerou simply waited for entry into the village. They didn't have any reason to say "no," right?

Although, they were certainly eyeing her with more importance than she thought necessary. Shadow even more so. Indeed, what had happened? Unfortunately, she didn't have the luxury to ask right now.

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:39 am
__________________The Narrator Speaks ||
tab The three guards at the gate, each in varying types of armor ranging from leather to metal, stared at each other before one turned as if to leave. However, the instant he turned he came face to face with an unusual sight, a young, nude woman with bat-like wings on her shoulders simply watching him with her opaque, indefinite eyes. Stumbling back the soldier yelped, a name falling from his lips with both shock and relief, "Iverín!" Able to keep his stance the soldier stood straight and slammed his forehead with a salute and simply remained in that position as the other two joined him in their respect of this figure.
tab The woman stepped forward into better sight unobstructed by a guardsman. Nude though she may have been she bore no defining characteristics, no definitions as if she were little more than a mannequin with a dark, red-brown skin tone that was shared across her entire being. Long hair fell to her waist, draped around a slim figure that moved with serpentine grace as she neared them. Featureless dyes shifted, somehow giving enough of an idea of where it was looking to reveal she was shifting between watching Shadow and Kagerou with equal levels of interest. "I see you have brought my master's prize," she began in an even tone, neither surprised nor uncaring, in a voice as clearly feminine as her body revealed her to be. Deep, melodic, and carrying some level of authority, she continued on as if expecting to be listened to. "You are to be commended, and rewarded. Your agreed-upon rewards are bestowed upon you, and more besides. You are to be provided with four hundred Raak each, a handsome sum, which will be delivered to your quarters. You will also be provided your own mounts once the queen is bre-"
tab She cut off, a startled sound escaping from her lips as she raised a hand to her mouth in shock. "No, you're dead!"
tab If they were to follow her gaze as she took a quivering step back they might well see her staring at the Queen, who appeared to be quite awake, and watching the girl with a mischevious smile.

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:11 pm
User Image

All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... Thev don't know mv heart. Thev don't know mv heart.
All these broken souls, they never make me whole. They don't... They don't know my heart. They don't know my heart.

S I X T E E N S I L E N T G U A R D I A N xxxxx S h a d o w H ú n y i s t í r xxxxx B - R A N K T I N K E R - T R A C K E R I N K B O R N

User Image
User Image
[x] I watched with indifference the brief interaction between the guards and the woman with wings, named 'Iverin' apparently. They showed her a decent amount of respect, so I was somewhat surprised she hadn't come up during the interaction with Oragor before we left. The banana man had, but then he'd also involved himself in my rage-driven attack against Oragor. Her gaze shifted from me to Kagerou and back before she spoke. Agreed upon rewards? There wasn't actually any mention of rewards when I agreed to deliver the creature, unless she meant us earning our stay in the village. I probably should have clarified what we were getting out of all of this, but at that point it was too late and didn't matter. We were evidently to get four hundred 'Raak', which I guessed was their currency, and mounts later down the line.

Her demeanor changed from apathetic to shocked when her gaze fell on the lizard behind me. I turned to the matriarch to find it no longer appeared to be in a daze, despite Kagerou's playing, and somehow it was grinning. That wouldn't have necessarily been a problem if the thing had shown some level of intelligence while we were observing it, but it hadn't shown anything beyond basic animal instinct. So in order for it to show emotion as it was currently should have been impossible unless it managed to trick us this whole time or something else was going on. Letting go of the lead I'd put on it, my hand went to the tanto at my hip. "Kagerou," I said quietly but firmly, hoping she would get the message to move away, my eyes never leaving the lizard.

I'd been looking forward to getting cleaned up and potentially sleeping but I supposed that wouldn't be the case.

Stats:

Techniques Used:
The user writes "transport" on a piece of paper with mana-infused ink. The user then places it wherever they would like to transport to, be it a location or on a specific person, such as an opponent's back. By concentrating a small amount of mana, the can transport to the paper's location, for purposes such as to silently attack an opponent or to reveal to their comrades the enemies location.

Current Objectives:
✤ Track down creature.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 13,275 x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

Lanfaer
HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:41 pm
User ImageTension ripped rife through the air ever since the appearance of the featureless yet shapely golem with sophisticated intelligence. This was the first Kagerou had heard of these rewards, and as her eyes observed the scene as a whole, she wagered that it was also the first Shadow had heard of them. What was more interesting, however, was what came immediately after. Recognition lit up the unfamiliar woman's eyes, horror of some sort escaped from between her lips.

She looked in Kagerou's direction, shocked speechless, but not at Kagerou. "In which case," she thought calmly at a deceptively lightning quick speed, "She must be speaking of the lizard... who is more than she first appears to be."

Shadow's voice warned her to step away, but Kagerou did anything but that. She stood in place and turned to look at the lizard queen's profile, from which she could see the sparks of intelligence. Mischief was not an emotion that appeared so pronounced without some advanced level of emotional intelligence, which meant that Kagerou had basically tried to enslave something or other that had near human intelligence. It appeared, this time, the goodie two shoes was quite firmly in the wrong. Therefore, "Oh dear."

The genjutsu that no longer had any reason to exist gradually tapered out. The leaf covering the apologetic smile was lowered, and without further ado, Kagerou took responsibility for her mistake, "Madame Dead," adopting a dad joke in place of a name, "I did not know such a reputation preceded you. Apologies for the treatment, but I hope you can understand that we didn't know any better." Despite the playfulness Kagerou spoke with, her feelings were genuine, and despite her genuine feelings, Kagerou did not lower her guard. She understood the high risk she took, keeping her place besides the lizard. Her petite body was in ripe distance for any number of delicious, for the lizards, ends: sliced Kagerou, diced Kagerou, ground Kagerou, boiled Kagerou, steamed Kagerou, you name it. Therefore, if she could not move back, she had to be all the more ready to... Well, certainly not get out unharmed, but at least alive. It would be alright, though. She was a medic. Anything that happened to her, she could handle.

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:43 am
User ImageUser Image

Sunny was a right mess, no two ways about it. Sullenly his gold translucent form carried on in it's misery, time, his surroundings had lost all meaning to him that such as this point he didn't even know where he was anymore. Occasionally he felt driven to go much on some bugs or whatever, which if he bothered to put any amount for thought into it that probably should have raised some red flags, but this feeling could only pull him out of his funk for a few minutes at a time. Never long enough for him to free these rusty chains that gripped his BEING.

The vague idea of a village came into his mind, unaware that this was the actually passage of events around him. It was in this state that Sunny didn't respond at first to said sassy mannequin woman. Angrily he tried to turn his body away from the light the seemed to call him from the lizard body, but was continuously shook awake until he slapped the incorporeal creator away. Damnit Eva why can't you leave me in the gutter.... fiine but I don't have to like this.

For just a few moment longer there would be nothing still, it was the primadonna in him that he couldn't share the spotlight with anyone. Especially not some two-bit physic. It was only when the mood had all but died that guitar rifts started blasting in the air around them. The light from the midday sun fading slightly so the area above the lizard was brighter than the surrounding grounds, like a stage being lit up. "CAN'T EXPLAIN ALL THE FEELINGS THAT CHA MAKING ME- oh what's the bother." And just like that all the theatrics he had building up to for so long poof'd all at once in the winds, the sounds of a whoopy cushion fart blew somewhere in the distance.

Glumly the monkey man took his first step in decades, got his feet caught in the slimy lizard body, and then stumbled into down into a somersault that left him sitting in an upright position tot he right of the lizard. Sad little monkey boy sounds cooed from his mouth as he did so, coo coo cooed into the woeful hum of a song.

"You'll see
                                                        To your lefft
                                                        A gross, slimy, lizard bodyy
                                                        It's not mine oh no cause my lover took that from mee

My booody
                                                        Is like crack
                                                        It's powerful cause I'm hot
                                                        It'll sell just like porno in a jaaaaail

As I try to walk this ghost off of the stage
                                                        I can say
                                                        That to pay with your life
                                                        Seems a natural thing to do
                                                        But I'm poor and I'm helpless justlikeyou I got stuck

Bodies and blood
                                                        Hearts and blood
                                                        That's all he'll taaaaaake~ "

Finishing his lament with a sigh Sundance looked around himself, noticing for the first time that he had an audience. Most it he only passed over, all, except one. The light called his attention first, nearly blinding him and yet calling him back with it's beauty all the same. Longingly Sundance floated his way into it's intoxicating embrace, only stopping once all his efforts left him kneeling at the feet of Kagerou. Her gracely figure illuminated to him even through the power of his rockin shades.

"My word, to what do I owe such a absolutely stunning sight before my very eyes?" Deeply, Sundance drunk in the bright crimson of Kagerou's eyes. His own being just barely visible through the light shining through his spectral sunglasses. "I see it in you. That desire, NO, that longing for a change. Change from the status quo, something startling at first perhaps sure, but something with life changing potential." His was giddy now, any hint of his previously distraught self being banished to the four corners of the world. "Allow me to...elucidate. I'm talking about you, me, the possibility, of us." Quickly raising up a finger to her lips in an attempt to preemptively shush her, the only thing he would succeed in doing was pushing his intangible hand through her whole face. Sundance scowled at himself, recalling his own disposition but keep the ball rolling. A twinge of desperation in his voice as he tried to overcome now what would surely be a 'hell no'. "I think you're beautiful, and I bet that beauty runs deep. Deeper than any mountain, forest, or hell even ocean! So why not spend a little time in castle de Sundance and baby, I promise I won't be just another shallow river man. A man that would rather let his heart, and eyes, wander than look over for just one moment and go DAMN. Just what did I do to deserve any amount of time with a woman of such elegance and sophistication." Oh you've got her now old boy! Now let's reel her in. "So how's about you drop the same old cycle, hm? You meet a guy and blah blah blah, but are you do you ever wonder if you're really there with him? Or just there to get acquainted with his bed? Hoho boy I knew a guy like that, trust me you do NOT want to go down that road. He was so jealous of me he took my body! Well here at the hotel of yours truly we serve breakfast in the mornings, followed by kind words of affirmation." Swinging his hand around, Sunny adopted a more waiter like pose, complete with an imaginary platter atop his hand. Keeping in rhythm with his fantastic funky monkey miming, Sun-Child carefully lifted a bottle of champagne, poured it into a glass (while making glug glug glug sounds of course) and served it for Kagerou to take. "You mean something, you are not simply one of many, you're burning hot! Like a scarlet fever you've got me sweating! You deserve love and bundles of it, a real kind of love, a method man and MJB kind of love, hair so green it puts the most lush vineyards to shame, eyes so sharp I could feel their piercing elegance drilling into my soul from a mile away, a heart so pure and innocent, pagans wish to sacrifice it on an alter made of stone! I beg you! By what name is such a creature of this called?"

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:58 pm
tab Kagerou could joke, and Shadow could ready his blade as some sort of defensive maneuver and plan raced through his mind, but the mud-born figure that bore the name of Iverín looked about ready to kick something. Or bite it, for that matter. She reached out to snatch the spirit of the monkey prince before he could escape the lizard's body he had been possessing but the moment passed through her fingertips like sand as he fell before Kagerou. This left the lizard's eyes to constrict as the illusion spell and possession wore off evenly, allowing the creature to begin regaining control of herself.
tab It wouldn't be allowed.
tab The lizard began to inhale, preparing its jets of steam, when she reached out and snap the creature's jaws together with her hand in a vice-like grip. Not strong, but merely using its natural anatomy to keep its mouth shut, she carefully kept its jaws where she wanted then while turning her clay eyes to the boy known as Shadow. "Salt that spirit into oblivion and I can guarantee you nearly anything you want in this life."

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

Evanescently Magnificent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:16 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image
[x] Kagerou's lack of concern was going to give me an aneurysm one of these days. Rather than moving away as requested, she apologized to the lizard like we hadn't seen them spouting jets of steam at each other earlier that day. Her posture and the general tension of her body suggested she was well aware of the danger she was potentially in, which I was grateful for, but I would have been more comfortable if she'd put some distance between herself and the matriarch. The distance I stood at, while not that far away, wouldn't let me react fast enough if things went awry. Thankfully, the creature didn't attack her for the time being.

However, that didn't stop things from getting... weird quickly. Being from Kirigakure, weird was normal, so for me to see something as strange must have been outright bizarre to the average onlooker. I vaguely recognized the form that seemed to just stand up out of the lizard and then fall head over heels to its side as he lost balance. The familiarity was limited because I'd only glimpsed him during my attack against Oragor, but this was the monkey-looking man from the market. He'd briefly called out in concern to the village leader. But that was the only notable thing I had seen.

As he sat, small noises he made grew slowly into a song, finishing his brief ballad before actually becoming aware that he was being watched and quite literally floating over to Karegou. I could practically smell the infatuation wafting from him, and while a small spark of annoyance lit itself somewhere in me, his over the top and outright silly flirting didn't cause any amount of jealousy. Why would it? I couldn't help asking myself.

The clay-looking harpy showed, if possible, even less amusement at the situation than I felt. In fact, she gave off an air of outright hostility that was somewhat striking, especially considering, as far as I could tell, the monkey boy was a member of the village. Her words held venom as she practically begged me to attack him. While annoying, I had no reason to strike him, not unless he posed some sort of threat to Kagerou. I had no interest in doing him harm, and not a lot could change that. A formal job to carry out an assassination? Unsavory but it was something I had done in the past--I wasn't proud of the fact I carried out tasks that others wouldn't. But in this setting, I wasn't going to off him just because he was an inconvenience to the harpy.

I didn't grace her with an answer, which was my version of declining. The things I wanted she couldn't give me anyway. The lizard matriarch, on the other hand, was a concern. Its simple-minded instincts had returned and if it decided to start thrashing, while the woman was holding its jaws shut, she might not be able to withstand. I glanced at Snickers, keeping an ear and an eye on the situation with the monkey and Kagerou. "A little help?" The dog slapped its tail against the ground, panting and staring at me. I sighed. "Please, Snickers?"

As if understanding my words, the dog bounced to its feet and immediately enveloped the matriarch with its liquid body, trapping her just as it had when we originally captured her.

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ Track down creature.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 13,400 x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

Lanfaer
HeadlessKoko
Evanescently Magnificent

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:42 pm
User Image"Too slow," Kagerou berated herself behind that concealing smile, physical and social defenses both up at the slew of actions and words that spun around her in a confusing mess. First the monkey popping out, completely unexpected, and should he had been inclined to attack her, she could not be sure if she could have avoided the blow. Then, the hand suddenly shooting out across her, clamping shut the mouth of the lizard she had been ready, until the ghost burst out and distracted her, to dodge. She had been too slow, caught off guard as she was, but no matter, she remained standing primly in position, calmly as if the situation, even the song that burst forth from the monkey just then, had been completely under her control and expectations.

Hearing Shadow behind her, Kagerou turned and flashed him a grateful smile before turning right back to the monkey and the now entrapped lizard. Right, she had forgotten in her rushed decision making to account for Shadow. The big worry wart had probably been worried for her. Hopefully, the smile just now would ease his paranoia.

Such a bizarre yet interesting entity in front of her. She had been wrong, twice in a row, but was unbothered by that. In fact, the fear and desperation in the previously controlled representative's voice only ignited Kagerou's curiosity further. "Hm... Yes," she concluded with absolute certainty, "I have no idea what is happening right now." However, there was one thing she did know.

"Apologies," Kagerou answered the clay mistress as she bent over the still kneeling sunny monkey boy and poked curiously at him, "but unfortunately, neither Shadow nor I have any salt on us." Her fingers slipped right through the ectoplasm, "Curiouser and curiouser," and maintaining that perfectly serene expression, she took care to not withdraw her fingers too quickly. Curious was interesting, but also held the possibility of danger.

With a gentle sway, Kagerou straightened up, her green hair waving to and fro in the light. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Dead. You may call me Kagerou," politely, ever so nicely, Kagerou answered Sundance with a pleasing smile and grim news, "Unfortunately, I will have to turn down your advances, but maybe we can still be friends? Could I know what I should call you?".

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Evanescently Magnificient

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:28 pm
User ImageUser Image

Oh wow was him! Rejected in front of all these bright souls! The sting lingered in his so deeply in his soul that the previously suffered ignominy from that wack a** b**** at the front gates was banished from his mind. In it's place was the return of that creeping death that had held him in it's grip so long, depression! Sinking even lower to the ground than he was, Sunny's dull form stretched outwards at Kagerou's feet. In true dramatic fashion his arm was held just over his chest while looking g longingly I to the sky.

"Since the day I saw you,
                                                        since the day we met,
                                                        I knew this I wouldn't forget.
                                                        I have loved you more than life itself.

But now,

The blue skies turn to grey.
                                                        No more stories.
                                                        You've gone away."

His solo poetry slam coming to an end, Sundance was left laying there on the ground. Awkwardly he looked around wondering just what the hell to do now. "Hm I didn't actually plan ahead for you telling me no, like I had the whole date planned out and everything. You can uh.. just call me Sundance. Or Sunny, Sun-Child, The Orange Flame that dances on the graves of his foes, Mr. Beats, Mix Master 3,000, Febreze Febreze the name so nice you say it AGAIN, Frunky Fresh, Check it out now, Russian Dressing, A Turkey Sandwich right before bed, or World's Greatest Lover. Those are just what my friends call me though." Pulling his feet up to his chest Sundance threw his gaze back to the rift between the gate guards and dashing duo of Shadow and Kagerou. If he was to be sruck back here he should probably at least give it the ole college try at staying alive hm? "Soooo... you uh aren't going to kill me like that lady wants, right?" It wouldn't be seen easily but a pair of big doe eyes stared out from behind his sunglasses, followed closely by the monkey trying to inch his way behind mommy Kagerou.

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Evanescently Magnificent

Anxious Bloodsucker

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:44 pm
tab The mud woman kept its eyes on the monkey, seeming to convey in her expression a warning. That she wanted him dead wasn't entirely hidden, nor did she really attempt that well to mask her disgust. Turning her eyes to Shadow she nodded slowly to him before turning to look at all three in equal turn. "My master is busy, else he would be here himself," she began with a tone like poisoned silk, her ire still stoked from the appearance of the monkey man. "This monstrosity will live on here, as long as he keeps out of where he doesn't belong. As for the pair of you, you have been granted access to the higher learnings, as high as you are needed. Furthermore, you are granted the right to another quest, if you so choose. Please see Lord Oragor if that is your desire, as he will explain further."
With that she turned to the giant dog and blinked, her expression completely blank from the sheer incredulity in what she was seeing. A...water dog? Casting a curious gaze to Shadow for a moment she finally just sighed and gestured for the guards to bring it along as she entered into the city proper.

HeadlessKoko

Royal Taorito

Evanescently Magnificent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:46 pm
User Image

User Image
User Image

[Per Lan it's a B-rank mission, so we get 800 xp.]

[x] I watched as the harpy resigned to the fact we had no intention of doing the monkey man harm, and half-listened to the conversation between Kagerou and said man as she provided our reward. Full access to the academy and its scrolls, and the option to take more quests. Maybe not an ideal reward, but still useful. Though I honestly wasn't sure what I'd hoped for. Sure the town used money but it didn't seem like a strong need when I was perfectly capable of surviving on my own if necessary. Although the luxury of just being able to buy the things we needed instead of making it ourselves was nice, and probably much easier for Kagerou, if not myself. Giving me a curious glance, I assumed regarding the dog, she departed.

With the situation finally resolved, I released my grip on the hilt of my tanto and turned my attention to the monkey--Sundance, he introduced himself as. Along with a chorus of aliases. I lost interest less than half way through and turned away once more without gracing him with an answer. Instead I spoke to Kagerou, voice quiet as ever. "I'm going to report to Oragor. If he has anything else for us, I'll let you know."

I waited only briefly to see if she had anything else to say before heading into the village. The first objective was to speak directly to the village leader. While I didn't disrespect the harpy's words, I was more interested in why the man had us--or more specifically me--take the mission in the first place. I didn't trust an ounce of him, but we were working toward a similar goal and I was willing to work with him for the time being. After that, I had every intention of cleaning up, finding food, and, ideally, getting some sleep. But we all knew how that would likely turn out.

[Exit to Watcher's Point]

Stats:

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
✤ Track down creature.

Items of Note:

[ e x p ] 14,275 [+800]x|x [ r y o ] 0,400 x|x [ m a n a ] 600 / 600 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 550 / 550

Lanfaer
HeadlessKoko
Evanescently Magnificent

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500