Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Alolan Ecological Study - The Strange Case of the Pure One Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 8:22 am
A group of Snagems have been dispatched to Alola, more specifically Poni Poni Island, to aid in an ecological study of a wild Pokemon that appears to have once been a Shadow Pokemon and is now currently purified. There has yet to be a recorded outbreak of wild Shadow Pokemon in Alola, let alone in such an isolated environment as Poni Poni Island so the local authorities have shown interest in this strange creature and have asked Snagem, with their expertise in Shadow Pokemon, to assist them, also for protection should anything go wrong. The Snagems are asked to meet with the island Kahuna at Seafolk Village Pokemon Center for further orders.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:23 am
Though I had originally intended to stay out of this mission, Keiko used the fact that out of the two of us, I was the only one with an Immunizer to convince me to come along with her, Wren, and the Hanabi siblings. As such, Keiko and I were standing outside of the Seafolk Village Pokemon Center ala Claydol, waiting for the rest of the adventuring party to show.

Requiem of Whyspers
Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:38 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

The Hanabi children teleported to Iki Town before they met with the rest of the other Snagem. They teleported in front of their house as Ulla seemed a little uncomfortable. Leon noticed this as she patted her head. "Go on ahead. I'll meet you there." He said as Ulla and Lucario went ahead running towards a certain hill. Meanwhile, Leon was merely walking to where they were headed.

Both of them passed through so large bushes. Leon took a little longer on purpose as he saw the view of the sea but then to gravestones right on the edge. Ulla was knelt down with her face in the ground as she was whimpering in front of both of the gravestones. Lucario patted her back as he looked back at Leon. Leon kept his distance to give Ulla some space, and because he felt uncomfortable as well. "...Merry Christmas Mom and Dad." He said as he sat down in the grass to wait for Ulla. Ulla then put her head up as she ran to Leon and wrapped her arms around his neck. He patted her back as he called for Claydol to teleport them to Seafold Village.

The siblings and Lucario were teleported outside the Seafolk Village Pokemon Center not that far from Ter and Keiko. Leon was still sitting down as he got up carrying Ulla who was still sniffling. "C'mon Ulla. Get your serious face on. We are on a mission now." He said in a sort of comforting way. He placed her down as she was wiping her face of any tears left. He knelt down to face her as he ruffled her hair. "Ulla. I get it. I miss them too. If you need some time to calm down, you can sit in the Pokemon Center if you like." Ulla shook her head as she held onto her brother's hand. "I'll stay with you." Leon nodded as he sat up as all three of them walked towards Keiko and Ter.

"Sorry. Hope we didn't make you guys wait." He said as Ulla smiled with her eyes still a little swollen from crying. "I can't wait to see the Pokemon. I wonder what kind of Pokemon it is."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:30 pm
Wren would arrive in Seafolk Village shortly after being given the "ready" from all parties, appearing by the Pokemon Center thanks to Claydol. Once there, however, he would let one of his Pokemon out to soak up the Alolan sun. Nutmeg appeared beside him and bounced around for a moment, enjoying the sunlight.

"Nutmeg's originally from this region, I think, so I figure she'll enjoy some time out while we're here." He surmised more to himself than to anyone else.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:19 am
As the group stood just outside the Pokemon Center they would be treated to a view of the coming and goings of Seafolk Village. Like one might expect a lot of fishing went on, not just on the docks but out at sea as well as fishing boats came and went. Though fishing wasn't their biggest economic stable here, instead it was trade. Some of the more foreign Snagems might notice vessels that looked like they belonged in Kanto and Johto tied to the docks. For hundreds, and according to legend even thousands, of years Seafolk Village has been a trade hub. Not as important as it once was due to advancements in technology and the birth of places like Castelia City but alas they continue their trading tradition.

"You must be the guys I'm looking for." A woman would address the Snagems as she exited the Pokemon Center, the hum of the doors opening signaling her arrival before she spoke. Upon turning to face this 'woman' they would all take note that the maturity in her voice masked the true nature of her age as they would find a very short and young girl standing before them, her clothes looking like something an elderly farmer would wear.

"He said I couldn't miss you guys, said one of you had big furry ears. He was right." The girl said as she looked at Keiko, a solemn expression on her face and yet not a threatening one. "I'm Hapu, the Kahuna of Poni Island. I reckon it's going to take a moment for me to become familiar with that title, haven't been one for long." She admitted, her expression never changing.

"You guys are part of Team Snagem, right? Heard of you, some people from Hoenn recommended your expertise in Shadow Pokemon. I haven't dealt with one myself but a researcher from the Aether Foundation swears the Pokemon out there in the wilds was once a Shadow Pokemon but is now somehow purified. As Island Kahuna it is my responsibility to see to the islands safety and for an island like Poni I must see mostly to its environmental preservation. If the stories are true Shadow Pokemon can wreck havoc on their environments and I simply can not have that."

With all that said, the plain spoken girl, though wise beyond her years, took out a lone Pokeball and released an incredibly big Mudsdale, the horse towering over all of them. Despite the height of the animal the Kahuna swiftly mounted the beast with no problem who simply snorted in response, trainer and Pokemon both sharing the same plain almost listless expression. "The wilds are dangerous, filled to the brim with lots of powerful wild Pokemon, all of them hungry. I suggest you have a Pokemon out the moment we step out of the village. If you have any questions ask them before we encounter the first thing that wants to eat us. Oh and if you're not the running type, I hope you got something like Mudsdale here who is. Never know when you got to get out of the wilds."

Not waiting for the others she ordered Mudsdale forward at a leisurely pace as she set her course north, the mighty Draft Horse Pokemon stomping along the bridge as she headed out of Seafolk Village and into Poni Wilds.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:50 am
"I've got some fairly strong Pokemon with me, but this one needs the experience," I explained to Hapu, letting Eggman out of his ball, Keiko nodded in agreement as she let Daedra out as well. We'd switch to stronger Pokemon if, and likely when, the need to do so arises, but these would do for now, if only to toughen them up.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:22 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

Ulla watched as Hapu rid off with her Mudsdale. She was amazed at how such a small 'child' was the Kahuna. "Why are you so surprised when you yourself are a Channeler?" Leon said a bit unimpressed about someone being Kahuna. Leon pulled out Pyroar's Pokeball but then a beam of light shot out of his pocket as Shiro cheered happily. Leon sighed as Velvet popped out of Ulla's bag Lucario was holding for her. "...Let me guess. You saw Eggman and thought it wasn't fair?" Both of the Vulpix nodded as Leon rested his head in his hand. "Looks like it can't be helped. Come on Lucario, Velvet!" Both of them cheered as they were running to catch up with Hapu.

The Alolan Vulpix was about to follow but decided to climb up Leon's shoulder as she nuzzled her cold fur against his neck. "Alright alright. You win. But if it becomes too tough. We are getting the others out. Deal?" Shiro nodded as the sloath like sibling followed along.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:32 pm
Wren would eventually release Hemlock as well, watching the Cacturne stretch out and glare at the people around them a bit hungrily before he settled down. He had to remember that Wren had a very healthy mulch blend for him when he really felt hungry. Humans are friends not food. The Scarecrow Pokemon looked down at his feet when he saw Nutmeg bouncing around closer to his knees and, upon spotting her looking up at him, he lifted the bouncy fruit up and set her on top of his slightly conical head, where she could see more of the world.

When Hapu approached and introduced herself, Wren couldn't help but stare. The girl was so young and yet her expression never seemed to change. She did, however, give off an aura of confidence and responsibility. "I've got muscle if needed but I do have Pokemon in need of training as well." He agreed with the others. Four of his recent acquisitions were in need of training for certain. When the young girl called out her Mudsdale and mounted the giant creature with ease, he followed with a steady step. "If I stop at some point, don't wait for me too long. I'm just going to be collecting some soil samples." He told the group as they left.

As they left the floating village, though, he did pipe up with a question. "If there haven't ever been any reports of Shadow Pokemon in Alola, how can you all be so sure this one's purified?" He asked, pulling his dreadlocks back and tying them out of his face so he wouldn't be distracted by anything while out here surrounded by potential dangers at every turn.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:19 pm
"I reckon 'cause the Aether Foundation said so." The Kahuna began to explain to Wren. "They've been in touch with Devon Corp. and the other Hoenn authorities who have shared with them the data they, and the rest of y'all, have collected on Shadow Pokemon. They weren't able to discern the Pokemon's species but with their own dood dads, energy arrays or whatever, they were able to detect an energy signature identical to that of a purified Shadow Pokemon. They traced the signature as deep into Poni Canyon as they could before the canyon its self made the signature impossible to detect anymore, The Aether Foundation is pretty high tech I suppose, they do a lot of research on dimensional anomalies and what not. What for I don't know." Hapu said as Mudsdale stomped along the hard earth of Poni Island.

The ground would be guided through the flat lands, sparsely populated with vegetation besides the odd shrub and scraggly looking tree. As they past just yards away from a particularly tall, but rather bare, tree a screech could be heard coming from it. "Company already, folks." Hapu alerted the group as she nodded towards the cast of Fearow fluttering up from the trees and into the sky, the six of them now circling above the Snagems menacingly. "Looks like we stumbled on their turf, though hard to step on the turf belonging to any beasties around here." Hapu sighed.

Before much else could be said the Fearow went on the offense, a pair picking out the weakest looking one as they swoop down towards Ulla with Quick Attacks, aiming to snatching her up in their talons, the birds clever enough to know that a pair had better odds. The equally clever hunters would divert the other four to distract the stronger looking ones as one Fearow came spiraling at Leon with a Drill Peck, another a Drill Run at Lucario, the fith flapping a Whirlwind in the general vacinity of Ter, Keiko, Wren, and Hapu, while the sixth and clearly the big bad leader continued to soar overhead, feathers raining down as it attempted to drain the strength of the bigger threats with a Feather Dance. Clever birds working together to make a meal out of Ulla.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:23 pm
As soon as the Whirlwind was whipped up, Rala teleported out of her ball and used Protect to try to shield Keiko and me from its effects, though she couldn't shield both of us entirely, and we both had to brace to keep from being swept away by it. I was able to use my free hand to let Samurai out of his ball, though. "Aqua Jet! Get those Fearow off of Ulla!" I shouted as loud as I could. With a nod, Samurai gathered enough energy to cover himself in water before shooting off at the Fearow targeting Ulla.

Struggling to stay on her feet, Keiko let Natalia out of her ball as well. "If Samurai can't stop the attack on Ulla, help him. Otherwise, protect Leon!" she yelled. Natalia had no problem taking off in the strong winds, and was able to get up high enough in the air to choose her target.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:21 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

Leon and Shiro was walking behind the group, Shiro kept barking happily as it nuzzled against Leon's neck. "What is with you today? You are much more affectionate than usual." He asked as he looked back up ahead of the group as he heard a screech. Shiro shivered in fear a bit as if she has heard this sound before. "It's alright. I'm here." He said as he couldn't see Ulla. He started picking up his pace to get closer to where his sister was.

Ulla and her Pokemon watched as the Fearow circled around them. Lucario stood right in front of Ulla just for safety measures."Velvet stay close. I don't want you becoming foo-" Before she could finish her sentence, she was snatched up by a pair of Fearow. She let out a scream as she was getting higher and higher off the ground. Velvet cried out for Ulla as Lucario quickly picked up the small fox and placed her on his shoulder for safety. "ULLA!" Leon shouted as he joined with Lucario and Velvet. Lucario was about to shoot and Aura Sphere at the Fearow but the Poison Channeler stopped him. "Do that and you might hit Ulla in the process." He said as Lucario took his frustration out on the Fearow that was aiming at Leon. He shot the Aura Sphere at the Fearow using Drill Peck.

Leon on the other hand saw another Fearow diving down to attack Lucario. "Shiro Ice Beam!" He pointed at the Fearow as Shiro shot a beam of ice from her mouth still on Leon's shoulder. Leon noticed Keiko order Natalia to protect Leon as he pulled out a Pokeball. "I got this, just get Ulla down before we lose her!" He shouted as he threw the Pokeball in the air. "Pyroar Roar!" He shouted as the Fire lion bursted out of his Pokeball as he stood proud and tall beside Leon. He inhaled before letting out a massive Roar as if he was claiming he was king of pride rock.

Meanwhile up in the sky, Ulla was watching everything happen from above in the Fearow's clutches. She sighed as she tried to think of something she could do from up here. She then thought about something. What happens if she could somehow tap into Fearow's emotions like how she did with Zac? "F-Fearow please.....Put me down, my family down there is going to be really worried. And I don't want your family to get hurt from this misunderstanding. If you put me down I could give you some berries or some sweet treats if you like." The little girl said calmly as best as she could from the height she was at. One wrong move and they could either drop her, tighten their grip on her to hurt, or worse.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:03 pm
Wren barely had a chance to react to the Fearow's presence before a Nest Ball at his waist popped open and a Pokemon he'd yet to show the others emerged. "Treveee!"

"Laurel?" He yelped as he was pushed away from an incoming attack and a glowing green branch was brought down upon his attacker with a Wood Hammer from the Trevenant. Thankfully protected by his partner, though he'd been unbidden to do so, Wren recalled Laurel to his Ball before his attack could connect. "You've got plenty of battle experience. The others need it today." He told the sapient tree as he did.

"Nutmeg, use Zen Headbutt!" The Bounsweet nodded and jumped down from Hemlock's head, using the ground as a springboard for her bouncy body to get an improved jump from as her head glowed with psionic energy, aiming to knock one of the Fearow out of the sky. How well it would work would be anyone's guess, though. Especially with the Whirlwind threatening to blow him away.

"Hemlock, use Ingrain!" The Grass channeler exclaimed as he began to lose his footing right alongside his cactus. The Scarewcrow Pokemon's feet extended roots searching voraciously for nutrients through the soil which, fortunately, anchored him in place as he held Wren upright and kept him from blowing away. Wren would attempt the same for Terashi and Keiko as he conjured, by choice this time, a small thicket of vines around each of their feet, thankfully free of their usual thorns.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:43 pm
"Row?" One of the Fearow squawked inquisitively, interested in what Ulla was up to, the other seem to largely ignore her attempts to manipulate its emotions but for now just the one might be enough. For a brief moment the one she seemed to be getting through to started to loosen its grip on her, its talons not digging in so hard and kind of being gentle with her, that was until what happened next.

Samurai would dart through the air and slam its water covered body into the non-receptive Fearow, causing it to release its grip on Ulla and sending it spiraling through the air. This act would cause the other Fearow that Ulla had almost been successful with to emotionally manipulate to tighten its grip on the girl, staring down with anger the Alolan Vulpix which just iced over its comrade, which the other then promptly fled off into the distance from Pyroar's Roar. Ulla's captor would then fire off a Tri Attack at then group from its beak as a trio of elemental orbs spiraled towards the general vicinity of Pyroar, Shiro and Leon, an explosive distraction before the bird attempted to flee with Ulla still in its grip.

As for the Fearow struck by Samurai it was hurt, however not as much as it could have been thanks to the boss Fearow above, it wasn't down just yet nor was it going to let the assault go unpunished. Before Samurai could read the ground again the Fearow would executed a swift Quick Attack to attempt to snatch the Dewott out of the sky and slam it down on the ground, using its own body weight to pin it down for the follow up Fury Attack it was about to deliver to the little otter's body with its fearsome beak.

Laurel's well timed Wood Hammer would put a stop to the blowing winds as the Fearow was smacked to the ground, though not yet taken out. As the bird ruffled its feathers and got back on its feet it was then slammed in the chest by what would be a tasty morsel, now turned into a Psychic powered missile. The Zen Headbutt would knock the Fearow off its feet and send it rolling backwards onto the ground. Both of the physical attacks it took were weakened by the Feather Dance from above so it was lucky in that aspect. While they needn't worry about being blown away anymore Hemlock would probably find a chance to bind the grounded Fearow and whether or not he did the angry bird retaliated regardless as launched a powerful Hyper Beam at the group consisting of Wren and his Pokemon.

As for the leader of the flock hovering high above casting down its Feather Dance Hapu had already proven her worth as a Kahuna as that particular Fearow, the biggest of the six, was already pinned down under her Mudsdale hoof. For now she would watch and see how the Snagems handled the other three. If she felt like Ulla was in any real danger she would interjected but for now she watched.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:42 pm
"Rala, Psychic. Get that bird off Ulla. Samurai, retort with Revenge," I demanded. I didn't know who controlled the Fearows but they were NOT abducting my adopted daughter.

Her facial features contorting in rage, Keiko access the move she learned from Sub's powerup back in Unova - Frustration. Unlike Freth's attack, Frustration manifested in Keiko by strengthening her muscles and amplifying her energy, which began slowly leaking from her due to her inexperience with her power - which could be seen as a sort of white aura around Keiko. The Lopunny hybrid, in her anger, would ignore Rala's Psychic attack on the Fearow still gripping Ulla and would run to her adopted daughter's side, violently swinging her fists at the bird. She didn't have another move to use on the Fearow, but her strength, amplified by fury, maternal instincts, and her Frustration - on top of Rala's Psychic attack - would have to do.

Meanwhile, Samurai let the Fearow assaulting him do it's worst, only to smirk once it was done. Samurai then charged warped Fighting-type energy and struck at the Fearow's body with Revenge, dealing twice the damage Samurai had taken at the Fearow's hands.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 am
Wren unwound the vines around the other Snagems' feet once the Whirlwind was stopped but, before he could do much else, a Hyper Beam was launched at him. "Hemlock! Spiky Shield!" He directed his cactus Pokemon. With a hand on the Cacturne's back, the rose on his wrist wilted, the stored energy in his Artifact transferring to the Pokemon to strengthen the shield against the powerful attack.

Both human and Pokemon were a bit surprised to find that they survived after the Hyper Beam came to an end but neither was interested in looking the gift of life in the eyes and not being grateful. Recalling Hemlock to his ball to rest after that, Wren tossed three more out. "Laurel, use Forest's Curse and bind that Fearow so it'll leave us be." He instructed the Trevenant as it emerged.

"Cassava, use Rage Powder on the one holding the girl and keep it distracted! Anemone, wait for it to get closer and use String Shot to bind it so it'll let her go!" He instructed his Pokemon, forcing himself to keep a calm head despite the anxiety gnawing at him. This wasn't the time to be letting his potentially pointless concerns distract him from what was going on. Ulla was in danger and the others were all distracted. Anyone that was able needed to lend the girl a bit of help.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff