Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Alolan Ecological Study - The Strange Case of the Pure One Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:36 pm
"Alright, Haku! You're up!" I shouted, letting my own Kommo-o out of his ball. His deep, yet energy-less roar would be followed by the call of "Ribombee!" Looking to the side, I saw Cutie out of her ball - no doubt at Keiko's behest. "Haku, if you can, try to talk them out of attacking us. If diplomacy fails, however, stand your ground and fight them off if possible," I ordered, knowing Ulla would try the same if given the chance. Hearing my command, Keiko spoke up. "Don't attack unless you see Haku attack, Cutie. Let's trust Terashi on this one."

All that said, though, I was still standing between Ulla and the enclosing horde. I had no intention of allowing a repeat. Fate seemed to have a different idea, and I realized that the second I heard screaming. It took me a second to identify it as Abby's, and another to realize it was coming from in front of us. As curious as I was as to how she mounted a wild Hakamo-o, an explanation would have to wait. "Rala, get her out of there," I ordered, letting her out of her ball as I spoke. In an instant, Rala Teleported onto the side of a cliff in order to establish line of sight, used Psychic to pick her up and levitate her to within arm's reach of the Gardevoir, and Teleport back to our little group.

"The explanation can wait," was all I said, but the implication that one was deserved was there.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 2:38 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

Togekiss and Decidueye took to the skies with Flygon as they were watching the Snagems. They were taking more close attention to their trainer Ulla. She would occasionally look up at them to make sure they were together as Lucario was following beside her. Though he was close by, his eyes were almost scanning everywhere. Focusing on the different types of aura that were around them. He didn't know exactly what he was looking for, all he knew. Was that it would feel like him in a way.

Leon looked at Pyroar as he noticed Shiro nuzzled in his mane. Least it was sort of safe in there. Leon looked around as he noticed their walking space was getting smaller and smaller. "Hey...I know we agreed to stick together. But, isn't this a little much?" He asked as he noticed the ground shaking under him a little.

Lucario ears perked as he looked back as he walked back to realize it was a group of Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o. Ulla was about to follow Lucario but then Ter stood infront of her as he ordered Haku to try and talk to them. "Papa I don't think talking would work this time!" She shouted as she pushed through to go follow Lucario as his eyes were looking through the crowd. Lucario was able to focus as his eyes were able to lock onto the aura he was looking for. A strong aura, briefly. "Were you able to find it?" Lucario looked down at his trainer and nodded. She smiled as she whistled for Decidueye and Togekiss to come down. Both of them flew down quickly as Decidueye grabbed Lucario with his talons as both of them started flying. "Locate that Pokemon and come right back. Do not engage in battle without us." Both of them nodded as Decidueye and Lucario flew above to look for that Pokemon.

Togekiss stayed down on the ground with Ulla as she patted her head. "There is way too many for them to listen to Haku. We have to make them come to a halt or-" "Or stop them by force." Leon said as he grabbed Ulla and placed her on Pyroar. "Shouldn't I use-" "....I rather not fight this many Pokemon in a crowded place. If you can." He said as he patted Pyroar's mane. "For now. Pyroar Roar to make some of them calm to a halt. Ulla, remember to focus, do not get carried away and use too much of your energy. You can get the help from Togekiss and your Artifact." He said as Pyroar let out a large roar. "Togekiss Protect!" Ulla shouted as Togekiss started to make a bubble big enough bubble of protection to surround the Snagem. It was a little bit easier seeing how they were in a narrow area. Ulla was a bit nervous as there was a bit more pressure here. She focused as she started to be outlined in pink, hoping what had happen previously would happen again.  

Cecile Silverstone

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:58 pm
When the group of Pokemon took to the air, Wren waited on the ground with everyone else, unable to take to the skies on his own. When things started happening with the Jangmo-o and their evolved forms, though, he acted quickly. "Everyone! Together!" He called out as he tried to pull the others toward him and, almost on instinct, summoned a springy wall of thick, thorn-coated brambles between them and the stampede. Dragons or not, nothing should willingly charge into the thicket and if it ran into it by chance, it was more likely to be bounced back out or tangled within than to make it through it.

"I'll be right back." He told the others once he felt they were safe, more vines sprouting from his bracelet, coiling around his arm up to his torso and then down around both legs, winding into tight springs. Compressing those spring-like vines with a downward push, he jumped into the air, toward one of the nearby cliff faces. Flipping over and giving a hard kick to the canyon wall, he used Queen's Heels to spring toward the opposite wall. With each jump, he went slightly higher as he followed the stampede toward it's source. "This isn't natural..." He told himself. There were far too many of these Pokemon for it to be and they didn't look like the type to willfully leave their territory.

After a short time spent investigating, he'd return to the others, however, his last attempt to jump off the canyon wall would result in a severe misstep and he slipped and began to plummet toward the ground from near the top of the canyon's walls. "Oh craaaaaaap!" He screamed, his springy vines withering and falling off as his fear mounted. His focus broken by the fall, he couldn't channel enough to break his fall and he didn't have a Pokemon on him capable of breaking his fall. He was doomed without some assistance.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Haku's diplomatic appeal would be in vein as the dragon horde continued to rush them. All seemed hopeless until Pyroar stepped forth with a mighty roar and sent the initial wave turning off into a different direction but that only bought them a few more moments as the second wave came at them. This was plenty of time for Togekiss to take position and utilize Protect to shield themselves from the horde. Next came Wren and his formation of bramble guard, the thicket of thorny covering Togekiss's Protect, giving it an extra layer of defense and deterent to the oncoming stampede. Several dragons would slam into it but not by choice and each individual one would only do it once after hitting that cluster of painful thorns. Those instead, including Hapu who was smart enough to move in, was safe on the inside.

Lucario would be free to escape the madness and make off for the source of the mysterious aura he felt briefly before. Leaping over boulders and ledges he would pick up the aura as it seemed to be running away from him. If he were smart he would execute an Extremespeed or something else to close the gap. Whatever he did to gain on the target he would succeed, stumbling upon a very agitated Dusk form Lycanroc, standing on a high boulder, hunched over and its fur standing on ends as it grew tired of running and was now ready to defend its self against its pursuer but for now it simply took a defensive pose and waited to see what this strange Pokemon was going to do next.

As for Wren, well, the bottom of the canyon didn't look too inviting. If the hard Earth didn't kill him the cluster of Alolan Dugtrio he would surely anger by his sudden arrival would. Was hard to say which death was worse. Splattering on the ground or being beat up by disembodied heads with beautiful strands of metallic hair.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:27 pm
"Second verse, same as the first," I said to Rala while thinking about Wren, who was taking his turn to play damsel in distress. "In the meantime, use Clanging Scales, Haku. That should dissuade a few of them."

"Help Haku with Fairy Wind!' Keiko added. While I was focused on rescuing Wren, she intended to keep Ulla safe. Also Abby, if necessary.

Abby, however, didn't intend on backing off now,and made the clear by letting Broly out of his ball. "Scatter Spore out onto the incoming horde! They can't fight back if they're too busy napping!" she insisted.

While Haku, Cutie, and Broly spread their attacks out along the canyon, Rala teleported to Wren's side and pulled up a Protect that encompassed both of them. She couldn't just grab him and teleport back out like she did with Abby because the spawn of Chaos wasn't actively being attacked at the time, like Wren was now. She'd let the Alolan Dugtrio bounce their attacks harmlessly off her Protect now, and warp out with Wren the first chance she got.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:21 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

Lucario and Decidueye were now running together as they were chasing after their target. Decidueye picked up the pace a little bit, even though they were on a mission. They always have a little competition. Lucario smirked as both of them were sliding through boulders and climbing over ledges. Both of them were neck and neck until Lucario used Bone Rush to launch himself further as he was now in standing in the way of the target. Both of them were tired of running as Lucario motioned Decidueye to go get the others, he nodded as he ran back to the others. Lucario held his hands up to show he meant no harm. He then started talking to the Dusk Lycanroc. He slowly started going down to a crouching position then he sat down to show that he didn't intended to hurt him. He then started speaking, he introduced himself and said that he was a Shadow Pokemon until recently thanks to Ulla. And was asking how did he end up here, hopefully canine to canine, Purified Pokemon to Purified Pokemon. They could just talk till the others arrive.

Ulla was still focusing on her Fairy Channeling but then noticed, thanks to Wren and others. Ulla stopped as she looked at her hands as they were shaking out of nervousness. Leon noticed this but then it looked like Ulla got a grip as she patted Togekiss to let down the Protect as Ulla looked around. "I hope Lucario and Decidueye are okay....I need to find my Pokemon." "Don't worry, they are strong Pokemon. They probably found the Pokemon and probably one of them heading back now."  

Cecile Silverstone

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:18 pm
Wren was panicking when Rala appeared at his side and grabbed him. The pair seemed to bounce off the Alolan Dugtrio thanks to Rala's Protect bubble. The Channeler was jostled about roughly for a bit before, finally, he realized he was alive. "Wow... Thanks." He told Rala as he pulled a Nest Ball from his belt and tossed it outside of the Protect bubble.

"Laurel, use Ally Switch on me, please." He requested of the sapient tree when it emerged. Laurel nodded and through some preternatural sorcery, he and Wren swapped places almost in an instant. "Thanks." The human said to his Pokemon before recalling him to his Ball once more. Now that he was on the ground again, he could think clearly and something came to him at last. "Hyacinth!" He exclaimed as he threw another Nest Ball into the air and released the only Pokemon he'd brought with him that hadn't seen the sun yet. "Use Heal Bell!" He called out. "Make it as strong and as loud as possible!" He directed the Fairy-type.

"Bébé!" Hyacinth replied as he floated up into the air above the canyon and, with a small flash of light that seemed to radiate outward from her in growing spheres along with a beautifully calming chiming sound, she swung her flower back and forth as if ringing a large bell. The sound echoed outward from her, ringing over the entire canyon for as far as the sound and the energy it held could carry. Wren hoped it would calm the fear or rage, or whatever it was that was causing these stampeding Pokemon to charge as they were. If it reached far enough, maybe it could even draw the Pokemon they were searching for toward them?

((Wren's team, before I forget to record it; Hemlock = Cacturne, Laurel = Trevenant, Cassava = Hoppip, Nutmeg = Bounsweet, Anemone = Combee, Hyacinth = Flabébé))  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:01 am
The Fairy Wind would sweep the Spore out far and wide, scattering it all over front end of the horde, the sudden sound of Clanging Scales not exactly harming them much due to the sound spreading out in this massive canyon but the shock of something familiar was enough to make them stop briefly and just long enough to take a breath of Spore, the Fairy energy of the winds that carried it also making them flinch in place. While the Spore was far from focused it was enough to make them somewhat drowsy and begin to slow down. The Heal Bell however would somewhat counter-intuitively cure them of this drowsiness but also graced them with a sense of calmness and serenity, the horde finally stopping completely as they all now looked around confused and befuddled as to how they got here and what they were doing.

A lone Hakamo-o would shout out to its comrades, commanding their attention. With their focus now on it the horde would then proceed to disperse, heading off in all sort of directions, giving the Snagems threatening growls and warning rattles of their scales as they fled. They were still wild Pokemon after all but thankfully they were no longer a threat.

Lycanroc would continue to stare down the strange Pokemon before it for a good long while, studying it and trying to devise its true intentions. Finally, apparently calming down as its fur was no longer standing on ends, the canine would speak to its compatriot. Apparently it had a trainer long ago but has since disappeared. Since then he had roamed Poni Island until one day he was captured again by some strange people. The Lycanroc claims he does not remember much of what happened then or afterwards just that it was always angry and violent until one day it woke up on the island, its mind clear once again and its energy now feeling different, similar to Lucario's. Upon waking it could sense out the same violent energy it was once filled with and set out to help other Pokemon rid themselves of it. It further claims it has been many moons since its last detected another angry Pokemon on the island and believes it has cured them all.

If what its saying is true it sounds like this Lycanroc was poached by some mysterious entities, turned into a Shadow Pokemon and then released onto Poni Island. It then entered a long Hyper Mode where it lots control of its self completely and spread the various to other wild Pokemon. Somehow it was able to snap its self out of it and even cure its self, then setting off on the noble quest of curing the Pokemon it had infected. How it did this is anyone's guess but this appears to be Lycanroc's claim.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:52 pm
Once the Dugtrio's attacks bounced off her Protect, Rala disengaged and put a hand on Wren before Teleporting back to my side, to find that the Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o horde had wandered off.

"Huh. That worked better than I thought it would," I said calmly, thanking a disappointed Haku before returning him. Keiko happily thanked Cutie before recalling her, as well. With that done, and not having to worry about Ulla or Wren, Keiko and I both turned to Abby. "So, what happened?"

Abby was quiet at first, looking as though she was trying to come up with something to say. It didn't take her long to speak up, though. "I was just... trying to find a Pokemon to catch. I heard of this region and decided to look around. GRAY tried to talk me out of it, but I managed to convince him to teleport me there."

"GRAY teleported you. To the most dangerous part of Alola. With only two unevolved Pokemon to your name, no less," I reiterated, hoping to confer how unwise the results were. It hit me then that I could have been wrong, that she could have caught more by now. It had been a while since we had seen her catch anything. However, a certain AI decided to get in on the conversation before the young trainer in question could correct me.

"She was acting like she knew what she was doing, so surely she could handle herself anywhere. I did try to warn her," GRAY piped up.

I facepalmed heavily at this. I wanted to comment on 'him' being the AI that organizes the team with decisions like this, but I wasn't in the mood to get in an argument with the AI. "She's safe, at least," Keiko said, looking to me like she knew what I was thinking. I guess my expression was fairly easy to read, in her defense.

"It definitely could have been worse," I sighed.

"I don't want to talk about it," Abby chimed in. I didn't blame her.

"Then let's focus on why the rest of us are here. Has anyone found the purified Pokemon yet?" I asked, looking to the rest of the Snagems with us.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:28 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

Ulla was watching as Keiko and Ter were scolding Abby as she looked in the direction she last saw her Pokemon. The little girl then looked at her Key Stone around her neck as she was thinking about Lucario. Leon patted her head as he recalled his Pyroar as Shiro nuzzled against his neck. He was impressed that they were all able to handle that much Pokemon in such tight corners. The Poison Channeler then heard Keiko's and Ter's scolding at Abby. "It could've been worse. She could've-" He then suddenly felt a sharp pain in his shin as he looked down to see that Ulla kicked his shin as he fell forward. "Ow. A simple be quiet could've done it." Ulla smiled a bit as she looked at Togekiss as it cheered happily. "Ulla's Decidueye and Lucario went after the Purified Pokemon while we were dealing with that. So hopefully we hear from them soo-"

If everyone was listening, they would hear a hooting. Keiko would instead hear a deep voice calling out for Ulla. Ulla looked up to see her Decidueye looking down on all of them from a tree. "Decidueye! Did you find-" Before she could say anymore, the branch Decidueye broke as he panicked and fell down. Ulla and Togekiss ran to him and helped him up as Decidueye held his head. "Where is Lucario? Is he with the Purified Pokemon?" "Yes. They are this way, knowing Lucario. But Ulla get this, we were racing while we were tracking down the Lycanroc, I was able to keep up with Lucario. I had him run for his money as we were neck and neck. I messed up a few times...." Keiko would hear all of the events that happened while they were separated as Decidueye was pointing where they were. While everyone else just heard the owl hooting. "Good job Decidueye. Lets get going you guys!" Togekiss knelt down so Ulla could hop on as both of them started floating up in the air. "Oh? Oh. Yes. Yes. We should get back to Lucario. Yes, yes. That's important." Decidueye said as he started leading the way where Lucario was.

Leon sighed as he looked at everyone "Ter and Keiko have a point. But, being a Pokmeon Trainer is about coming into these kinda dangers. Then again, I can't say the same thing as I scold Ulla for a whole lot of things. Who knows, maybe with the Purified Pokemon that we meet. He will like one of us and we could capture it." He said as he stretched. "How about we talk more about this later, we might loose Ulla at the pace she is flying at." He said as he started walking.

Lucario was a bit shocked, it almost sounded similar to his Shadowfication. He shared his story as he was just a Riolu and was infected by the virus. That all he could remember was that he was about to see his Trainer then he was captured by some people. He didn't feel any sort of emotion during that time even though he saw his Trainer cry for most of the time. He remember attacking his trainer a few times as well as he felt guilty when he told him. Lucario read Lycanroc's aura once again. He seemed to be true, he is a Purified Pokemon. But. He was a bit confused, if he helped other Pokemon be cured. Shouldn't there be more Purified Pokemon aura's he would have felt along the way? But for now, all he could do was trust his story.  

Cecile Silverstone

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:41 pm
With Wren safe from the fall and with the stampede finally come to a stop, the Channeler looked around for a moment. Hearing Decidueye's explanation to Ulla, he'd c**k his head to the side for a moment. "Huh... Didn't think I could understand other people's Pokemon." He told himself, ensuring that all of his Pokemon were in their Balls and ready to move just a moment before Ulla took off following Decidueye.

"Running again?" He asked as he started to follow, calloused feet slapping the stone canyon floor and kicking up dust as he followed the little girl and her ghostly owl companion. If they'd found the purified Pokemon already, maybe with a bit of luck, they could figure out what was going on with it and how it had gotten here?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:07 pm
Hapu would soon follow after Ulla right after Wren did, calling Flygon to her side and promptly mounting it, the kahuna arriving not far behind the others as they made it to Lucario's side as he stood across from Lycanroc, the 'Pure One'. "Yep, ain't no one got to tell me, that's the one we're looking for." Hapu declared before she even touched down, somehow registering that the Lycanroc was a purified Shadow Pokemon immediately upon seeing it. Looks like Wren was right in assuming the kahuna were far more in tune with nature than they let on, at least Hapu was.

Lycanroc was starting to feel a little antsy as the rest of the Snagems arrived, not expecting such a crowd when it stopped to chat with Lucario. Its wild instincts kicking in the Dusk Lycanroc would go into flight mode, summoning forth a spray of sharp rocks from the ground and firing them at the Snagems with Stone Edge. Taking advantage of the opportunity the Lycanroc would run off towards a cave opening, attempting to flee. They found the Pure One but would it do them any good to just let it skip off right after?  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm
||Ulla and Leon||

Decidueye looked at Wren as he tried to flap but his arms were too tired to try and fly again. Leon was on his board behind the group as he saw in the distance Lucario with the one they've been looking for. "...Isn't that a Lycanroc?"

Lucario felt familiar auras approaching as he looked to see it was the group. He stood up and noticed the Lycanroc felt a bit uneasy. Lucario tried to explain that they were really good people. Ulla and her Pokemon made it first as she ran toward Lucario. "Thank goodness you are okay." She said as she looked at the Lycanroc, she smiled warmly. "You must be the Purified Pokemon we've been looking for. My name is Ulla-" Before she could finish her sentence, Lycanroc used Stone Edge. Lucario quickly pushed Ulla back as Decidueye and Togekiss stepped forward and use Protect to shield off the the Stone Edge. When it ended, both of the Pokemon let down the Protect as they looked at Ulla. "Well. Our mission is complete." Leon said as he walked over to Ulla. "What? We just found Lycanroc and he ran off. How is that completing the mission?" Leon rubbed the back of his neck as he sighed. "Believe me, that Dusk Lycanroc looks strong and I would love to add it to my team. But, we didn't get any orders to capture the Pokemon. Just to study it, watch its behaviors, and figure out how this happened. Which, I'm sure Lucario can answer all of that with the help of Rala or Keiko." Ulla was a bit sad as she looked at her Pokemon. She recalled Decidueye and then Togekiss as she left Lucario. "There's one thing I want to ask it then." She said as she ran off with Lucario to where Lycanroc went.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:57 pm
"Our mission was to study it, not just to find it," I corrected Leon, getting up from behind Rala who had instinctively popped out of her ball and shielded Keiko and myself with Protect when Lycanroc executed its surprise attack. "Which means we need to go after it."

"Why was it afraid of us?" Keiko spoke up. "I kinda wanna know that more than anything."

"Likely because of our number. But you can ask it that when we relocate it," I offered, letting Rala back in her ball.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:41 pm
Wren watched the events as they unfolded, keeping quiet for the most part. However, when Leon started talking about the mission being done, he spoke up as well. "This job is far from over." He told the slacker. "We were told to study it, learn how it came to be here if possible and figure out what kind of implications it could have."

Following after the Pokemon, he found himself leading the pack of Snagems in the direction it had fled. "In order to learn any of that, we need to approach it cautiously. If it's anything like the desert Pokemon back home, it won't stand for an entire pack to approach it." He pointed out. "Desert-dwellers tend to only trust others in one-on-one encounters. We'll need to send in the least threatening of our group to try and convince it we're not a threat before it lets the rest of us approach."

The question then, however, came down to whether or not Ulla would fill that role as a child or if it would be someone else. Keiko might be a good choice given her status as a "prey" Pokemon hybrid but that would depend on if she could keep her cool and not trigger it's predatory instincts.

"My vote would probably be for either Terashi or myself..." He finally decided aloud. "Either of us would be able to keep our cool and present ourselves as non-threatening. But if it decided to attack, we're both able to fight back hard enough that we might be able to establish ourselves as an alpha and force it to submit." He didn't like calling himself "strong" when it came to his channeling abilities given his genuine inexperience at using them but the harder he tried recently, the better he was getting at it, so he thought he just might stand a chance if he was forced to do so.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff