Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Alolan Ecological Study - The Strange Case of the Pure One Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:35 pm
"Send in the psychic." Hapu suddenly spoke up as the group talked among themselves on how to proceed with the Lycanroc, probably surprising a good few as she correctly guessed that Terashi was a Psychic Channeler. Then again maybe it wasn't that big of a secret, or Sub had already told her. Either way she gave more proof to Wren's theory that the kahuna were more than what they led on to be, at least Hapu was. "I don't reckon I need to explain why a psychic would be good in this situation so...go on, get." She said to Terashi, making a shooing motion towards the cave opening. "We'll be out here, taking in the scenery." She said, arms folded as she turned to eye the canyon.

Inside the cave, not too far in, was Dusk Lycanroc, hunched over in the darkness, waiting as if it expected to be pursued. When Terashi found the Pokemon it was just seconds away from launching another Stone Edge unless he did something. The wild Pokemon was certainly frightened and just wanted to be left alone.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:54 pm
Keiko looked at me the second Hapu mentioned 'the Psychic'. Why I hadn't thought of using my abilities to seek it out was beyond me, though I could have asked Keiko to sense out its energy as well. Nevertheless, Hapu and Wren had a point. If Ulla or Keiko went to find it, it could likely see them as prey. There was no way I was letting them waltz into danger if it wasn't necessary.

"Alright, wish me luck," I said, closing my eyes and focusing on trying to sense its energy. Once I found it, I used Psion Split to fling my body up to where it was hiding, leaving an energy clone of myself behind in the process. To anybody who couldn't sense energy, it would look like I hadn't left. Not my intent, but it was easier than trying to climb the canyon clifface to get to where the purified Lycanroc was.

Once I found myself in its hidey hole, I raised my hands, to show my unwillingness to attack it. I could feel Rala tense up emotionally, ready to pop out of her ball at any moment to my defense. "I'm not here to attack you, and I don't want to hurt you. I come in peace, okay?" I asked it, hoping it could at least understand what I was saying. Rala, don't come out of your ball unless it attacks me. But I may need you to translate for me when it does try to talk. If you come out before it does anything, though, it may panic, I tried to explain with my thoughts, trusting Rala to read them. She didn't respond, but I could feel her agreement. "My friends and I just want to make sure you're not contagious, is all. Well, we want to know more than that, but that's the primary concern." I explained further to Lycanroc.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:10 pm
Wren nodded to Hapu. "Probably the better choice between us two at the moment." He agreed with her. Once Terashi had gone off to make his attempt, however, he turned back to the young Kahuna. "So... Are all island Kahuna as astute as you or did our dear leader pass some information along to you that he didn't tell us about passing out?" He inquired, trying to stay ready for what may unfold next.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:35 am
"Nanu has a leg up on the rest of us. Nothing gets past that one, when he wants to talk that is." Hapu responded to Wren, in her typical 'hand wave it away' manner of confirming that yes, the Island Kahuna were just that astute. "Some say it has something to do with the bonds we share with the Tapu. I don't know. Can't really explain it. For instance, you are a Channeler as well. However at the moment I'm not picking up the type. I guess because it's not important information at the moment." She shrugged. "I don't concern myself too much with it."

The Lycanroc would stare at Terashi skeptically, unsure of the human and yet it did not launch its attack just yet. Something about Terashi had interested it and from what he could tell the Pokemon was paying attention to him. With a few barks and howls Rala would inform her trainer that the Lycanroc claims it was not contagious, that it 'took care of that' already.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:49 am
||Ulla and Leon||

Leon was a bit annoyed that everyone turned the other way about how Lucario already spoke to Lycanroc about how everything happened. He sighed as he put his hands behind his head as he watched Ter go ahead of the group to go where Lycanroc. He just wanted to leave already as this was dragging more than it had to. He then remembered Abby was looking for a Pokemon to capture as he looked towards her direction. "Were you able to catch a Jangmo-o or a Hakamo-o back there or anything?" He asked as he watched his Alolan Vulpix wonder a bit around. A little too close to where Ter went to go se Lycanroc. "Shiro. Don't wonder over there. Might be dangerous." He said as the snow fox came running back towards her trainer. "What kind of Pokemon were you looking on catching anyways?" He asked Abby as he helped Shiro onto his shoulder.

Ulla and Lucario watched from a distance while Ter spoke to the Dusk Lycanroc. Main reason she was there, was because she was curios. But also wanted to ask how he was able to purify the Pokemon here so quickly. She also wanted to ask how long did it take. Lucario sighed as Ulla giggled softly. "Was it nice to speak to someone about purification while I was gone? Someone that could relate to you?" Lucario nodded as he was worried about his new canine companion.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 am
I'm not sure if we should take its word for it, I thought, directing said thoughts at Rala for her to pick up. Can you detect any of the Shadow Virus in him still?

Just a little bit. I think he's telling the truth about not being contagious, Rala said, focusing her telepathy so that only I could hear her. Didn't Ulla's Lucario talk to him, too? Would you mind asking her?

I don't think she'd know any more than we do, Rala corrected me. She doesn't have any Psychic pokemon to translate for her, and she isn't a hybrid, so I doubt she can understand Lucario.

Guess we'll just have to ask them after we're done. In the meantime, I gotta figure out what else to ask him. I sighed mentally.

It was then that I realized that the Lycanroc was probably confused as to why I didn't say anything during that time. Deciding that I was probably being rude, I sat down in front of it. "Sorry to trouble you, but when my friends and I heard that a Purified Pokemon had somehow made its way into this region, which so far hasn't suffered from the Shadow Virus yet, we wanted to make sure your presence here wasn't going to change that. But from what my partner and I can tell, you're telling the truth about not being contagious." I held up Rala's ball to show Lycanroc what I meant by my partner, but I didn't let her out, as I didn't want Lycanroc to think I was attacking it. "That said, how did you get the virus in the first place, if you don't mind me asking?"  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:28 pm
Wren nodded to Hapu. "I keep hearing that from people but I'm honestly still not sure I understand what it means." He replied with a small shake of his head. "Regardless, would you mind elaborating on these 'Tapu' while we wait?" He asked, curious now. "I've heard of then before but I don't think anyone's ever explained what they are, exactly."

He was growing curious how things were going with Terashi when a thought struck him. "Ulla... Did Lucario actually have the chance to talk to Lycanroc? Or Decidueye, even? " He asked, remembering that Lucario had been the one to find their target.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:24 pm
"I was poached after my previous trainer passed away. By men dressed in white. They sent me to this far off land, a place not unlike this which was devoid of life. It was there I was turned into a monster and last much of my memory of what occurred there. Last thing I can truly remember is the men in white bringing me back here, unleashing my fury upon the wilds. It was the memory of my trainer I believe that snapped me out of my frenzy and unlocked my heart once again. The one called Lucario claimed to do the same." Lyanroc exlained in Poketongue for Rala to then translate.

-----

"The Tapu are ancient deity Pokemon which watch over these four islands. They are our protectors, guardians, and guides. While many have forgotten the old ways and no longer pay proper tribute to the old ones, we the Kahuna still do. It is our sacred duty to continue to pay tribute to the Tapu in hope that they will continue to bestow their blessings upon our lands. The Tapu of which I serve, Tapu Fini, is a little different from the rest. This island, as you see, is very hostile, and Tapu Fini has decide it is not appropriate for human civilization and should be left alone. As such Tapu Fini would prefer to evict all the humans from this island but it is my job to be the intermediate for both interests and come to and consensus, or rather maintain the status quo my ancestors have for generations. It's not easy though, Tapu Fini is one of the most difficult of the Tapu to appease. Legend has it that once, thousands of years ago, Tapu Fini's anger reach its boiling point and she wiped out entire civilizations who wish to claim the island, and her mystical water for themselves."

"Since then the Kahuna of Poni Island have done their best to contain and appease the most distrustful Tapu. The others aren't so bad. Koko simply wishes to be given offerings of powerful trainers to battle. Bulu, the most physical brutish but mentally calm and pleasant simply wishes for nature to be sustained. And then you have Lele, who while her inability to feel guilt and what some might consider herself cruel has been given dominion over the power of healing flora. Childishly chaotic and troublesome she may be I don't think that Tapu means any harm, simply doesn't understand any better. Olivia always has her hands full with that one. Heh, seems like us ladies got the worse ones while the boys just have to worry about putting on tournaments and planting trees." Hapu joked.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:47 pm
Well, that's all I can think of to ask him, I thought to Rala with a sigh. We can tell he isn't contagious, and since his trainer passed away, we can't exactly return him to a dead person.

Yeah. Looks like he's on his own, Rala added sadly.

"Is there anywhere you want to be?" I asked the Lycanroc. "Anywhere in a Alola you'd feel comfortable in? Or will you be okay here?" I wasn't sure if I could ask him if he'd like to move to a different region, as I didn't want him thinking I wanted to get him out of Alola. No point in that since he wasn't contagious. If he DID want to go to a different region, all he had to do was ask.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:17 pm
The Lycanroc informs Terashi, via Rala, that it is fine where it is and that it just wants to be left alone. For whatever reason the hound was still distrustful of the Psychic Channeler and was done with their conversation yet didn't dare turn his back on the man, probably due to the distrust it held.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:21 pm
With an understanding nod, I allowed Rala to teleport me back to the group. "You don't have to worry. Lycanroc isn't contagious and for the most part won't be too much of a hindrance to the ecology of this island. From what I could tell, it just wanted to be left alone.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:52 pm
When Leon heard Wren ask Ulla if Lucario or Decidueye talked to the Lycanroc he merely groaned. The little girl looked back her brother and just smiled at him as she looked at Wren. "He says he did. He probably knows as much as Ter would know right now. Seeing how he's talking to them right now." She said as she noticed Ter come back to the group. Leon put his hands behind his head as he stretched his back. "So. Does that mean our mission is accomplished? We've done all we could." He said as he looked at everyone. While he was head counting everyone, he noticed two people disappeared. Ulla and Lucario. He looked around and noticed Ulla running towards where Lycanroc was as Lucario was following right behind. "H-Hey Ulla!"

Lucario quickly stopped her as he sighed knowing Ulla's intentions. She looked back at Lucario as she smiled warmly. "C'mon. Why don't we go see your friend?" She said as Lucario hesitated as he lead the way to the Dusk Lycanroc. Following where his aura was the strongest, Lucario held out his arm to Lycanroc to show he meant no harm. He then stepped back to show his trainer. She was a bit nervous but waved to the Lycanroc. "Hi Lycanroc. I'm sorry I startled you earlier. Let me introduce myself again. I'm Ulla." She smiled warmly as she stepped to be standing right next to Lucario instead of behind him. "I wanted to ask you. Did you want to go on a journey with us? My personal goal is to purify any Pokemon that has come in contact with the Shadow Virus. That way no trainer or Pokemon as to experience what Lucario and I had to go through. You came to this island as a Shadow correct? So, all of the Pokemon here must be purified then. So no Pokemon here will be effected again....So. Why not join us?" She asked as she extended her hand out to Lycanroc carefully.  

Cecile Silverstone

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:20 pm
Just as Dusk Lycanroc went to walk away Ulla and the rest showed up. The dog's first instinct was to get into a defensive position but for whatever reason when he saw it was Ulla he calmed back down. Perhaps it was seeing Lucario, a familiar and relatable face, which did it but either way the Dusk Lycanroc wasn't launching anymore rocks this time.

While the canine didn't exactly understand what Ulla was saying it did understand her intent. Pokemon were strangely aware of when a trainer was propositioning them to join up with them, somehow. Either way the hound would eye Ulla in silence for a good long while before approaching her and Lucario, in fact Dusk Lycanroc gave Lucario a good long sniff before snorting and turning his head up at Lucario before approaching Ulla directly and giving off a quick bark. Any Pokemon that could translate would be able to tell the humans that the dog said "Okay." before sitting down in front of Ulla, waiting for what happens next.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:21 pm
"I wouldn't be surprised if it's decided that the responsibility of protecting the island has come down to it." Wren voiced to Terashi when he returned. Before he had much chance to respond to Leon, though, he noticed Ulla was gone again, sensing without really knowing why or how, that she had gone after Lycanroc again.

Instead, he turned back to Hapu. "While we wait for little Ulla to come back, then..." He started, taking a seat now and feeling the earth beneath his hands. "These Tapu seem to be intriguing creatures. Though I suppose I can understand to a degree." He admitted. "I may have somewhat of a similar relationship with the Kami brothers in the Unova region." He replied. "They are finicky deities of the harvest, each embodying a different aspect." He explained.

"Landorus embodies the fertile soil in which crops are planted. Thunderus embodies the rain that feeds the crops. And Tornadus embodies the winds that carry the pollen, allowing the crops to germinate and grow." Pausing for a moment. "The irony is that, while my preference is for the Grass-type, none of the Kami carry it as their own, yet without their will, the grass would never grow. I am but a humble servant of the seasons, helping to maintain the balance between the Earth and will of the gods."  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:19 pm
Ulla was nervous on the Lycanroc's answer, but once he finally gave his answer. Ulla was thrilled as she quickly wrapped her arms around the Dusk Lycanroc in a hug. "Yes! Welcome to the team!" She said as Lucario tensed up a bit, as he wasn't even expecting her to go for a hug this quickly. She then released him as she pulled out a Great Ball. "Alright Lycanroc. I can't wait to work with you." She said as she tapped the Pokeball on his head as he was absorbed into the Pokeball. The Pokeball moved around a bit in her hand as it clicked shut. She was over thrilled as she giggled a bit under her breath.

The little girl then tossed the Pokeball in the air as the Lycanroc popped out as he merely nodded. She smiled warmly as she started to head out of the cavern. "C'mon. Let's go let everyone know." She said happily as Lucario waited for Lycanroc as both of them walked out.

Leon sighed as he was getting worried that Ulla might be in trouble. But then he noticed Ulla coming back to the group with Lucario and the Lycanroc happily. "Lycanroc will now be on our side. He's agreed to be on our team." The little girl said as Leon looked at them. He didn't say anything but just walked over to them as he karate chopped Ulla's head. He did it lightly but just enough to hurt a little as Ulla rubbed her head. "Next time. Don't run off like that. What happens if Lycanroc actually attacked you and we didn't realize you left?" "But Lycanroc is a sweet boy. He wouldn't harm anyone like that." She said as it looked like she completely forgot that the dog used Stone Edge to run off due to nervousness.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff