Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[鉄]____W h i t e____S t a g____A c r e s____[鉄]

______________A r e a ... D e s c r i p t i o n ||
____The Farming District is one of the most important districts in the hub, as it is where most of the town's resources come from. The steadily growing fields have to be able to feed and supply a enlarging population. However space is somewhat limited due to the nature of the plateaus the town lays on. At least a couple of guards frequent the grounds for defense, and its close proximity to the southern gates allow a quick escape in the case of attack. A granary, where the food is stored, likewise sits close to the gate, and is always guarded.

______________N e a r b y ... L o c a t i o n s ||
____Ikeinasu: Hallowed Path [Entrance]

______________D e f e n s e s // D a n g e r s ||
____For now, the guards that patrol the fields are its only defense.

______________K n o w n R e s o u r c e s ||
____ None.

______________R u l e s ||
____Follow the laws as set forth by the claim holder. They can be found in the Administrative District.
____While theft in itself is punishable, anyone caught stealing food from the granary or fields will find themselves exiled from the hub. In this situation, there is no tolerance.

______________C l a i m i n g ||
____Claim Holder || Musunde Hiraite [Tenshuyami]
________Sub-Claim Holders ||
________ • Kaileer Cein'lys [Royal Taorito]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:54 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S G U A R D I A N
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.
B - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - W A R R I O R H A K E M O T O

Fault lines tremble underneath my glass house, but I put it out of my mind...

[Location:] Koritsuku Valley

[In case you didn't see in chat, you all get 2000 exp for the mission, and 1000 ryo will be delivered to you.]

Other than a few meaningless words, not much was said on the way back to town once I had finished healing what I could for Kira. I made a makeshift bridle out of rope and used it to lead the stallion reluctantly to the stables. Having the lighter load, we caught up with Soraru quickly and made it to the farmlands outside of Ikeinasu without encountering the fades Soraru had mentioned. Kira parted ways, heading into town to get healed I assumed while we made our way to the stable.

As can be imagined, the horses drew attention from the residents tending to the crop fields, as well as the pair who were in charge of the animals the town had acquired over the last three months. Livestock, mostly, bartered from the Kokoro and bred from there. They were both young, some of the youngest of the Wakeners that called Ikeinasu home, and looked to be siblings, the girl maybe a year or so older than the boy. Fortunate, then, that they woke near each other. But then I supposed there must be some method to the madness if I managed to wake up with two people that I knew as well.

Honestly, though, I couldn't remember their names. There were too many at this point to keep them all straight.

I raised a hand in greeting as the pair approached, but their attention was on the small herd of horses we had with us, who had somehow managed to stay calm the entire journey back. "Oh, wow!" the girl exclaimed, ogling the stallion. The massive creature shifted uncomfortably and she backed off a bit, still grinning. "They look so different!"

Grinning as well, the boy spoke directly to us, more specifically Soraru since he had the bulk of the creatures. "These'll help a ton once we can tame them. Thanks so much!" He held a hand out, gesturing to the rope Soraru held, suggesting he was ready to take the horses if Soraru was ready to give them up.

I smiled slightly. "Of course. Anything to help out, right?" I glanced at the stallion, who snorted. "I'll... handle this one for the moment. We've gained a begrudging respect for each other, I think." Sore muscles and probably a number of bruises attested to that. Not to mention I was exhausted, but so was he, which is likely why he didn't put up much of a fight as I tugged on the lead to guide him forward.

...long enough to call it 'courage' to live without a lifeline.

Counter | 78 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Christmas 2k19: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank decrease to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [18/20]

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +0.5 x Speed: +0.0
• Magical| Strength: 0.0 x Speed: 0.0
• Power [6] || Agility [6] || Intelligence [3] || Mana [1]
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Lanfaer
magcookie
Tenshuyami

tab .MANA : 360 / 400 [+15] .STAMINA : 315 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 11 / 15 [+1]
                                          tab .EXP : 16725 [+2000] .RYO : 両1400 [+1000] .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:09 pm
User Image
Hey, you, Baby Blues, show me what you gonna do!
Say I'm not a sinner but you make me a liar!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [ B ]ow strung over her back, a tired sway in her step, Zurusu Kuriko stumbled quietly into the farm and inhaled deeply, taking in the scents of nature. Cows, chickens, and sheep were somewhere nearby, along with a few other more uncommon breeds of livestock that reminded her of the old days of her Sept and its ranches. No matter how tempting or lucid the memory, however, she was in no particular mood of physical state to recount nor appreciate it at the moment. Between the bears, the horses, and the fight against her own instincts it was a wonder she didn't fall to her face as she leaned forward with palms to knees to heave for some manner of breath. Mana, Stamina, and her own personal reserve of spiritual energy were running well but they sure as hell didn't feel that way, so maybe there was a silver lining somewhere struggling to be seen in this mess?
                                            tab If there was she wished it luck because she sure as s**t wasn't interested in helping it along right then.
                                            tab Finally tossing her head back as she caught enough wind for a deep breath that reached the depths of her soul Zuu tossed her sweat matted hair over her should and turned a bright eye to the two children who helped with the premises. A small smile wormed its way to her lips as she took in their appearance and the manner of speech they utilized, something that reminded her of that sweet, sweet summer child, Shea. Where was the little tyke anyway? Last she'd seen him he was sprinting towards the guard before she'd arrived. Since that point, he'd either been avoiding her or, perhaps a more likely scenario, she simply hadn't run into him with all that was going on.
                                            tab Shaking her head as she calmly, and thoughtlessly, double-checked the clasps that held her clothing in place. Given her partial transformation, she found some had popped and pushed them closed, though as she did she moved closer to overhear what was being said. What was the word on the things that were chasing them? Or, rather, had been chasing them, since they'd gone silent sometime back. Knowing without looking that Nina would be nearby she spoke without really looking to confirm. "Where tha fook be tha demons, eh?"

A little good won't stop the devil.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Tenshuyami

Royal Taorito

magcookie

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:11 pm
User Image

I dig 'til my shovel tells a secret, swear to the earth that I will keep it, brush off the dirt, and let my change of heart occur.

[Location:] Ikeinasu - White Stag Acres

My smile faded away as I watched the pair of siblings take the train of horses away, leaving me to deal with the stallion, who was becoming antsy again but remained more or less calm for the moment. Which was somewhat of a surprise given that humans should have been new and unknown to the beast. But maybe somewhere in their DNA they still held a shred of loyalty to us.

Zuu speaking somewhere behind me drew my attention away and I turned to look at her. "Either they lost track of us, which would be preferable, or they're right behind us. Most of the time the yokai don't come close enough to be a direct threat to the town, but I can't say that's always been the case." Thankfully, the guard had always been able to fend them off. I tied the horse to a nearby post with a firm knot so it couldn't get away and approached Nina and Zuu. "Thanks for helping out today. Having the horses will help out with travel. Your reward will be sent to you later on."

I glanced back the way we'd come, somewhat concerned still about the possibility of an attack. I needed more time to recover before I could fight effectively, and I was fairly certain the other three felt the same. Not that we couldn't if it came to it, but I was hoping the creatures had just lost interest and turned away. "If you don't feel up to sticking around," I said, my gaze turning back to the two women, "I'll have the guard send out a group to the outskirts here to fend the yokai off. Or at least to wait a while and see if they actually will attack." I tossed a thumb over my shoulder toward the stallion. "Regardless, I've got to get this thing in the stable before he gets impatient and we have a repeat of the forest." I flashed a half-hearted grin and turned away again, retrieving the horse and heading after the siblings into the the stable.

Counter | 79 / 200

Active Effects:
• Athlete Archetype: [.5] rank increase to physical speed. [5] stamina reduction to Simple and unnamed physical attacks.
• Master of Lightning: [1] rank increase to magical strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Weathered: [1] rank decrease to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [19/20]

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Lanfaer
magcookie
Tenshuyami

tab .MANA : 375 / 400 [+15] .STAMINA : 330 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 12 / 15 [+1]
                                          tab .EXP : 16855 .RYO : 両1400 .HEALTH : Good .INJURIES : None .STATUS : None

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:47 pm
User Image

Nina Hojo ll Scholar ll Suiton :: Raiton ll Serial Killer The Pharmacist Assassin :: C-Rank ll True Ancestor :: Hojo Hybrid

Everyone seemed to be of variant urgent in their stride. The sword boy she tried and failed to execute with the bears on "accident," seemed to be deathly afraid of the not to far off unpleasant wind. The wwe village leader seemed to be of the same opinion but was careful to keep the less worried in eye shot. If he had only vanished over a hill or something with his wwe horse. She could have sunken her teeth into the recovering Zuu. A thorn in her side as always that leader boy. Beyond physical prowess he had shown with the aforementioned horse proving him strong enough to hold his title. Not only did he have the political power and influence she was originally wary of... she wasn't so sure her weakened state would be strong enough if she need to defend against a strike. How she hated the Shinobi types. It took some time but everyone had arrived at the destination for the horses she had saved from scattering in the wind. She opted to remain away from the group, instead sitting on a tree stump used for chopping wood. 'It may be time to leAVE. Away away. Risk mounts around these freaks. Stupid girl. Using anCEStor spells like FOOL. Stupid stupid. Cover risked. risk risk risk risk risk risked. stupid.' She was toying with the idea of finally leaving iron. Having displayed her potential in front of the lands leader? It would be stupid for a flake like her to even think about remaining near him. The best outcome would have him relying on her more and more and more. Before long she would slip up. Then there was Zuu...

She eyed the redhead carefully from her perched seat. That woman was all muscle. As to be expected from her kind. Such beasts need to keep a firm body lest they risk being cut down by their own brethren she assumed. However she was weak mentally. She seemed to be rightly afraid of her genetics, or to be precise anyone knowing about them. Seeing as she hadn't even said a word to the faux squid during their return trip. The woman had taken conversing with the wrestling leader. Having overcome her complex with the boy. Where once she treated him like a spoiled brat she now saw the truth to his words and actions. However instead of any type of apology they were instead talking about the foul wind. Yokai as the boy called them. Such things she had not encountered in the old world. Vain fairy tales that held little water, always proving to be an exaggeration. Yet in this new world? They "lived" and "breathed," she saw for herself when she had first awoken in the forest. It was kind of hilarious that she what most considered a "vampire" still found it hard to believe that spirits and demons walked freely. They could be slaughtered much like anything else so she wasn't exactly fearful of them like the humans seemed to be. The conversation seemed to have ended, the sounds of the ill wind growing louder. She threw one more glance back to the redhead before betting up. She had rested enough. While she would have loved to get a taste of that shape changer blood her fractured mind had come to a consistence. She would use the chaos of the ill wind to slip away. Following a short stretch she began to walk back in the direction she had come from. Hoping the boy and redhead would be distracted with that monster of a horse. The squids eyes had emptied to boredom, all her time here was a waste. The whole hunting trip was a waste. She was supposed to have proved her worth fullness to just Zuu by destroying such simple creatures. So she could get closer and in time find love again. A shame feelings had begun blooming in her chest but they weren't love yet. 'Wonder how long it'll be before the next one. Maybe I'll try out Lightning again? I've only settled there once.' She asked, her mind in a rare state of unity. During her retreat she had made sure to appear both non conspicuous but silent she also stepped with as much silence as could be mustered on cold ground and snow.

[attempted exit back to Kōritsuku Valley]

[ooc: ill add in my restored energies whenever i find the ******** thread]

Mana Pool:: [080 //400]
Stamina Pool:: [280 //650]
Blood Pool:: [190 //300]

Quote " 'All stories are true,' Skarpi said. 'But this one really happened, if that’s what you mean.' He took another slow drink, then smiled again, his bright eyes dancing. 'More or less. You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way. Too much truth confuses the facts. Too much honesty makes you sound insincere.' " :: Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

Nina's Theme Scissor Sisters - I Can't Decide

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:35 pm
User Image

D I S O B E D I E N T W I L L F U L F R E E xxxxx Z u r ū s u ► K u r i k o xxxxx A L P H A - B I T C H A M A Z O N I A N B A R R E L - N E M E S I S

tab
                                            [ K ]aileer approached with weariness in his step, something Zuu could understand to some degree. How close she'd been to losing control has spurred her blood into a humming frenzy, enough that she was filled with energy even as her mind reeled from exhaustion. Honestly, the closest sensation she could compare it to was the desire to run but with none of the gumption to go and do it. It was a true pain in the a** what she was feeling. Still, that didn't mean she was deaf or blind, and so she paid attention to the former cabin boy as he made his speech and offers with an even, certain tone that honestly was at odds with the petulance he'd displayed at their second meeting. It did wonders to not hear a manboy sniveling like a b***h while trying to act tough. Once he'd finished she nodded to him and considered the best course of action.
                                            tab Deciding that kicking these things' asses would blow off the steam she'd been building since her interaction with Nina she turned to speak to the girl and was forced to snap her jaw shut at finding her not there. Turning and scouring the area hastily she caught sight of the retreating form as she slinked off like a fox from a hen house like she'd done nothing wrong. What was with people trying to sneak off, neh? Sighing, she stood up and began to move towards her, turning her head and tossing "We'll take care o' et!" over her shoulder. Hopefully, Kaileer would fight and show off some of his additional skills, or that of the samurai with the stick in his a** about his flashy sword s**t he did.
                                            tab Jogging up towards Nina she shouted "Oi!" at her, hoping to stop the thief in her tracks. If she slowed, great, but if she bolted she'd have a hound on her in an instant. Going off of the assumption she saw the smart of it and stopped in her tracks Zuu would get closer and throw an arm around Nina's shoulders, pulling her down in a friendly embrace while Zuu smiled and spoke in a tone that was forceful at the least. "So, yeh think yeh know aboot me," she began, voice jovial despite the inherent steel behind it. "Fine. If'n anyone should know et should be tha mate Ah up'n snogged w'thought permission. If I knicked yer lip it best get looked at 'fore tha next moon." A shrug, nonchalant, but one that belied the seriousness implied in her next words. "Ah'd bet me blade, though, that I would'na be tha only one here with a secret I be wantin' ter hide. If'n ye can guess what I be, than I can be guessing on what ye are, an' I bet we both be just a tad off, neh?"
                                            tab From how the girl was walking it was clear Nina was meant to get away, but the iron grip upon her should might dissuade her of that. If she was right, and the feelings and words she'd experienced weren't a lie, then it was quite obvious what Nina was. And how could a monster judge a monster in this world where every established norm was on its head or in the air on its way down? Hard to say. But oddly, Nina being something not entirely human made her more at ease with the girl knowing, or at least supposing, what Zuu was. A monster could know a monster, but a human? Not so much.
                                            tab Keeping Nina in the corner of her gaze to watch for any attempts at escape she did keep an eye on the world beyond, where the fetid reek of death and blood wafted through the air like a viper, ready to bite the flesh and sear the mind with its fumes. She wouldn't let the stress show but that didn't mean it wasn't there, and she was willing to bet her alien companion would feel it, too.
                                            tab
                                            tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Tenshuyami

Royal Taorito

magcookie

Quote:

[ e x p ] 0, 500 x|x [ r y o ] 0, 2 0 0 x|x [ m a n a ] 100/ 100 x|x [ s t a m i n a ] 100 / 100

[ m o o d ] Horny af... x|x [ h e a l t h ] Healthy and Whole x|x [ i n j u r i e s ] N // A x|x [ c o n t r o l ] Achieved.

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Royal Taorito rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:58 pm
User Image

Leaving the others to do whatever they planned to do, I led the unruly stallion after the rest of its herd. The wait had made him restless, and seeing where we were going didn't help. But I had the lead on him, so he wasn't going to go much of anywhere. Not easily anyway. With some tugging, I managed to get the beast into the stable, and then into a stall, without getting myself crushed beneath its massive hooves. Dealing with him later was going to be interesting. But in the meanwhile, at least he was somewhere safe, and would be kept fed.

Emerging back into the cold winter air, I watched, briefly, Zuu and Nina interacting before looking for Soraru. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be either hide or hair of him. Breathing deeply, I let the inhalation back out slowly, trying to keep myself from getting annoyed. He must have decided not to stick around. Which meant that, yet again, I was on my own in the endeavor of trying to make something of this town.

Baying in the distance drew my attention, pulling me from my thoughts. Dogs? Unlikely. My best guess was that it had something to do with the Yokai that the others mentioned were following. Maybe Zuu and Nina missed the sound because they were talking. Or maybe they had just started up again when I heard them. If it was the latter, it was likely because they picked up on the scent they were following. "Damn, I was hoping they'd take longer..." I said under my breath. I was still recovering my strength from wrestling with the horse.

Glancing over my shoulder, I called to the siblings. "Hey, gather up everyone you can find and hole up either inside the stable or get to town. Yokai." Drawing my blade from its sheath, I didn't wait for a response before sprinting back toward the other two. Thankfully, they hadn't also rushed off without a word. "Sounds like your friends are here! Get ready!" Sliding to a halt nearby, I took another deep breath, this time to center myself as I dropped into the State of Power.

Counter | 80 / 200

Active Effects:
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [20/20]

Current Stats:
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Lanfaer
magcookie
Tenshuyami

tab .MANA : 390 / 400 [+15] .STAMINA : 345 / 600 [+15] .TRANCE : 12 / 15 [-1]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:55 pm
User Image

Nina Hojo ll Scholar ll Suiton :: Raiton ll Serial Killer The Pharmacist Assassin :: C-Rank ll True Ancestor :: Hojo Hybrid

'Where to go... if we'RE IN IRon we could head souTH. Fire I thinK, BAd memories there... MomENtary stop in Fire before heading towarDS LIghtning?' Her mind was a tizzy as she realized she would might need to cross through... that nation. Being originally from Fire one would think it would be her preferred land of choice, but during her life she had not once returned to that cursed land. She wasn't sure if her mind could take it. It was damaged enough as it was. However before Nina could even begin to debate possibly taking a dip into the ocean and avoiding it all together she was interrupted from her thoughts. It would seem her attempted retreat into the chaos of the ill wind had failed. A familiar scent of bestial sweat clogged her nostrils before a muscular arm wrapped its way around her lithe shoulders. It seemed her playful teasing had indeed been taken to heart by the redhead. Rather than continuing the charade where they had give and take it seemed Zuu had been pretty spooked by the accidental-but-not-really mind ******** she had given her earlier. Nina let out a short and incredibly blase laugh at the redheads implied threats.

"Here I thought we were having fun. Its really not my fault you didn't let me handle the horses. Such spells cant be turned off so easily, especially when idiots enter in." She said her playful pretense having completely dropped. If Zuu didn't want to play around anymore she wasn't going to either. The decision to leave turned out to be the correct option. "I'm a little disappointed Zuu, you seemed to think I was going to go around calling for a witch hunt. A woman like me spreading secrets?" She had turned to face the taller woman as the air around them fettered and spoiled with the approaching death. Her face was almost a blank slate as she chose her next words. "Don't worry, if you really knew anything about me I doubt I'd still be in one piece." A toxic smile swept across her face, even with half of it covered the implied threat was clear: The girl was a lot more dangerous than she was being given credit for. Almost for dramatic effect the Ancestor placed her smaller hand around the shape changers own and began to peel it off of her shoulder. "I do not like being touched like that," She said softly as her tentacle like hair whipped the air like an octopus possessed, "Now I believe we have more pressing needs than the fear you have of yourself." With that she had freed herself from the beast girls grip, her dulled attention twisting towards the offending smell of death. The leader boy seemed to have decide he still wanted to fight as well. Perhaps he wanted to do a few pile drivers or The Peoples Elbow off the ropes. "Hope you didn't through out your back mister leader." She said back in her cheerful persona. The sound of metal on metal began cackling from beneath her sleeve before her chained knife lowered from beneath its hidden home the blade dropping into the snow. She began to walk towards the encroaching erosion of her sense of smell, knife dragging a a thin trail in the snow behind her.

Mana Pool:: [200 //400]
Stamina Pool:: [350 //650]

Quote " 'All stories are true,' Skarpi said. 'But this one really happened, if that’s what you mean.' He took another slow drink, then smiled again, his bright eyes dancing. 'More or less. You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way. Too much truth confuses the facts. Too much honesty makes you sound insincere.' " :: Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind

Lanfaer

Royal Taorito

Tenshuyami

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:20 pm
User Image

tab
                                            [ N ]ina's voice changed, her mannerisms becoming more serious, her facade of a good girl falling away in some perceived threat or slight. Placing a hand on her hip after her hand was knocked away she listened to Nina's words with some level of confusion that grew upon her face as a rising sun, her eyebrows rising and lips parting until a look of abject confusion was plain across her expression. Finally, she held her hand out and held a finger right in front of Nina's nose, perhaps inviting her to bite it? Even Zuu didn't know the truth of it. All she did knot is that she was quite upset. "Listen here, girly," she began, her tone rather annoyed but also a tad hurt. "Ah be interested in being yer friend, ya fookin' git! I nay threatin' ya anymore'n ya were a normal girl!"
                                            tab Before she could rightly finish the rest of her thought Kaileer raised his voice to the two stablemasters and then the girls themselves, claiming their "friends" were there. It took her a second to really register what he even meant by that, and when she did she growled. "Just call'em devil dogs or some shite, gods be damned!" She couldn't explain why him not being specific bothered her but she clearly didn't have much of a time to act, let alone think before these beasts were going to be on them. Instead, she swung her bow from around her shoulder and brought it up whilst drawing an arrow to the string.
                                            tab Turning her head she scanned the area for any signs as she waited, inhaling carefully to try and catch their scent and, for the moment, failing.

tab Soraru, wherever he may be, would face an entirely different problem. Within him, as the howls of the beast cried so, too, did his blood sing. Scarlet lines crisscrossed his hands, growing from fingertips back to his wrists in moments as he felt the desire within him grow to devour these monsters, to consume their flesh and blood and bone until nothing remained. A desire that resembled greatly the pangs of famishment. It was quite like he hadn't eaten in a hundred years and had only just realized it. Thirsty for blood, hungry for flesh with the nourishment of bones for dessert, the only meal that would satiate him know was these beasts.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Tenshuyami

Royal Taorito

magcookie

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:00 pm
User Image

The dog-horse looking forms of the pack of yokai loped around a rock outcrop into sight, and were very different from any of the fades I had seen so far. Their bodies appeared to be made of tainted water, giving them an almost amorphous appearance as, rather than running like a normal creature, their legs melded back into their body and stretched in the direction they were going. Like the goblins that frequented the area, these bore clay masks for faces that were likely their anchor to this plane. Despite all of their thrashing about, I could count six of the masks in total, fewer than I'd thought there would be. But that was fine. I still hadn't had a chance to fully recover from the bout with the horse. We needed to make quick work out of these, or I was going to risk the repercussions of using the states.

Electricity gathered around my free hand as the six of them split into pairs, two charging at each of the women with the remaining two bearing down on me. Extending my hand forward, I released the gathered energy at one of them in a straight bolt of lightning. This stunned it for the time being, causing it to fall behind the other one, which continued its sprint toward me. It sprang, and I used its momentum to my advantage to thrust my katana straight into it. The blade pierced the watery substance that made up its form effortlessly, but then glanced off like hitting stone.

Still, it was enough to throw the creature back, unbalancing it while I reset my stance.

-----

Zuu
Two of the strange yokai charged at Zuu, growling and baying as they flung themselves toward her. One circled off to the side, to the right, looking likely to try to get behind her while the other sprang directly at her. As it did, its limbs extended, its amorphous body expanding as if to engulf her entirely in the filthy substance. Her senses were likely going mad, as the thing reeked of corruption, probably giving her the idea it was bad to let that water hit her.

-----

Nina
Likewise, the remaining two yokai threw themselves at the white-haired woman. Both sprang the moment they were close enough to strike, one lunging in close to the ground to attempt to grab a hold of her left leg, while the other opened watery jaws as it leaped at her, aiming for her right shoulder. Being more or less level with her face, she would likely notice a glow coming from deep inside its gullet, visible only with its mouth open.

Counter | 81 / 200

Active Effects:
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]
• State of Power: Half [.5] rank increase to physical strength and speed.

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +1.0 x Speed: +1.0
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:
• Lightning Manipulation - C
• Heart Thrust - C - Strength: B - Speed: B
A quick step forward, driving the user’s weapon into any opponents in front of them. If the opponent is not impaled, they are knocked backwards.

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Lanfaer
magcookie
Tenshuyami

tab .MANA : 370 / 400 [-20] .STAMINA : 325 / 600 [-20] .TRANCE : 11 / 15 [-1]

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:20 pm
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira hurried himself over to where he thought the group he came with would be. His worry of them getting hurt lingered on sense receiving Intel they weren't back yet. All he hoped for was that he was just being paranoid. His hunch however proved to be right as in the distance he spotted Kaileer being cornered by two dog-ish looking creatures. Kira reflected on what Karin told about how him facing goblins was nothing compared to the other horrors out there, Kira deduced that this is what she meant. As he ran closer to the commotion, Kira quickly gathered lightning mana into his left and right hand. Closing in on Kaileer and his two 'friends' he waited until he was within 3 meters before letting loose the right handed lightning bolt on the Dog yokai to Kaileer's left.

"I was wondering why you guys didn't make it to the administers building before me... I'm sorry I could not realize it sooner" With a sudden stop to his rushed running Kira did his best to slide into Kaileers left side to help. His left hand still contained a lightning bolt ready to be used. As he looked around more he noticed the same kind of beings surrounding Octopus and Zuu. He cursed under his breath a bit,

"Looks like one hell of a situation... Did I.. Did I cause this with my lightning cage earlier?" His question was half rhetorical and half asking Kaileer. Kira's somber face hidden away by his mask and helm. While the armor looked polished and ready for battle, the damage from the previous mission showed, almost ready to be broken apart.

Royal Taorito

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:39 pm
User Image

Whatever Zuu may have been trying to do mattered little. The fragments of her mind were in agreement that that woman was now a threat to the squidling's existence. However luckily for the redhead the monsters that were heading straight for her were on a higher priority. Nina was at a boiling point behind her mask. All her careful planning and toying around was wasted. Hell she wasn't even allowed to peacefully slink away from Iron like she was attempting not a few minutes prior. She continued to walk towards the stench of bile and death, her chained weapon still trailing behind her as she prepared. She carefully began to remove her gloves and face mask as the monsters peaked over the onlooking hill, B-lining for the group. replacing the fabrics within the breast pocket of her jacket. She took a deep breath through her metal infused teeth as Zuu attempted to clarify herself. The squid heard none of the what the big bad wolf was saying anymore. Her mana began to crackle like straying sparks from a wire as her hands formed seals. It was a complex jumbled mess as she stacked the electricity based spells.

The first was of course the powerhouse she had used to aid in decapitating a whole a** bear's neck [1], but to manage and control the violent electricity she had stacked the second atop it. [2] Nina had began spinning her chained knife haphazardly as the mana stabilized itself into a spell. The moment her fingers delicately wrapped themselves around the cold iron it lit up like a Christmas tree. Her finger tips began to numb from the violent current being produced. Electric arced from chain link to chain link, the saw like teeth of the knife it held was practically glowing white as the two beasts who had targeted her came within her weapons range. Her throw was for the most part purposefully miss thrown, so the water beast to lower its guard. Yet just when "near miss" was parallel with the beast the fantastical weapon bent mid air 90° instead of sailing past. The violent crackle of lightning bent to earthly will would dive itself straight at the leaping water balloon. Whether it missed or managed to pierce the creature like a literally hot knife through butter it would continue with its trajectory before bending twice more in the air to attempt to do the same to the beast targeting her lower body before it was in chomping distance. The True Ancestor was far past playing, intending to end these creatures with one swift throw of her trusty knife. Her furrowed brows and bared teeth were proof of that. These beasts were ruining everything and for that they needed to go.

[1][Earth Flash, B rank Variant used!][-40 Mana]
[2][Current Transfer, Rank D combo'd][-10 Mana]
[3][Bloodletter ability activated! "During its travel the blade may alter its trajectory up to ninety degrees [90°] a total of three [3] times per throw"][-15 Stamina]

[ooc: Ahhh yes water monsters, my favorite to play with.]

Mana Pool:: [150 //400]
Stamina Pool:: [335 //650]

Kirra Yamata

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

Lanfaer

magcookie

Sarcastic Heckler

8,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Punk Patrol 250

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:04 pm
User Image

tab
                                            [ A ]pparently these tossers were going to ruin a good bit of fun whether she wanted them to or not. The voices of the others faded away as she inhaled slowly, her expression fixed in a neutral glower of anger as her hands snapped up and she unleashed an arrow [C - rank] at the first beast who dared to approach her. That coldness, that burning desire for blood didn't stop her senses from recoiling as the reek crawled up inside of her sinuses and shat themselves to death. The pain was incredible, and honestly, she could taste it, too. Just a bit, but more than enough to make her want to beat these monstrosities into non-existence. Or paste.
                                            tab Paste is good.
                                            tab She'd held back before, held back to be the stereotypical buffer of her companions. As a Skald she'd sang for power, granting them the fury of her blood upon their weapons so as to increase their damage output extensively. But now? She was pissed. Not at them, not completely, no. She was pissed at herself. She was angry that instead of taking the time to make her intentions of friendship known earlier that Nina wouldn't be leaving now. She was angry that instead of putting Kira down like a dog she'd allow him to breathe the same way he'd always and because of that they'd dragged these damn dogs to an innocent town. More importantly, she was pissed that she thought so little of Kaileer after he proved his combat worth and, now, proved his leadership skills by thinking not of living an easy life but by putting his life on the line for others. She was wasting not her own time, but theirs', and that drove her to do what she likely wouldn't have any other time.
                                            tab She took this fight seriously.
                                            tab Her body burst into flaming particles as she vanished and reappeared in a similar flurry behind the first beast who tried to swamp her with its presence. As she reappeared she plunged another shot into the creature's back she screeched, the sound of her voice causing the arrow to him as it built up and sent shockwaves through its form. [C - ranked Shot, C - ranked Nails of Gahresh]
                                            tab

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:

Items of Note:

Tenshuyami

Royal Taorito

magcookie

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:43 am
User Image

[If you guys want to write out your own fights, feel free. I trust you. If not, I also don't mind still writing for you, of course.]

Another bolt of lightning struck the yokai I'd just sent flying, revealing Kira. He must have finished having himself healed--from the admin building? Of course I hadn't been there. We'd parted ways all of a few minutes ago... Or was my sense of time that skewed? Regardless it didn't matter. While the threat wasn't that great, I still appreciated the help. "It's no problem," I replied, and focused on the dog creatures once more. "And no, they've been following us for a while. I think they're after something."

One of the creatures, the one I'd stunned a moment before, threw itself forward again at me. I brought up my sword to block it as it stretched its jaws to deliver a savage bite to my shoulder. The blade caught in its stone mask, letting me throw it to the side and behind me. I immediately took the opportunity to counterattack, whirling and bringing my weapon up into an overhead smash. It connected cleanly with the mask, shattering it. Instantly the yokai's form dissolved, its anchor to this world destroyed for the time being.

I turned my attention to the second one, but it was already attacking, deciding to seek its vengeance on Kira. Its form shifted, several thick tendrils of water lashing out to strike the man. [Water Spell: Eight Tentacles - D - Strength: C - Speed: D]

It occurred to me then that the others might not have been aware of how to defeat the creatures. They weren't particularly strong, but most yokai were hard to kill without destroying their anchors. Gritting my teeth I raised my voice so that, hopefully, the others would hear. "Destroy their masks! That's the best way to stop them!"

-----

Zuu
The arrow fired disappeared into the depths of water, audibly connecting with something within, but the creature hardly seemed to notice. Regardless, the projectile didn't stop its descent as it wrapped watery limbs around the red head. Of course, it was all for nothing the instant she vanished, and the creature wrapped back into itself, reforming. This left it open to the second arrow, which, like the first, disappeared into the foul liquid. However, unlike the first, its body quivered briefly from the spell cast on the arrow before it outright exploded. Pieces of a rocky interior joined the splash of water as the creature died. [If hit by water, take [2] physical corruption.]

Meanwhile, the second of the creatures went unhindered by its companion's death and lashed out at Zuu's now exposed back with a hard whip of water. [Water Manipulation - B]

-----

Nina
The initial spell was enough to drop both of the creatures to the ground, where they writhed, their forms distorting as electricity coursed through them. As such, the weapon was able to pierce through both with ease. The heat of electricity caused the water to evaporate, leaving instead a solid, rocky form. A dark, gaseous substance began to ooze from their bodies, but for the moment neither could move.

Counter | 82 / 200

Active Effects:
• Weathered: [1] rank resistance to spiritual strength of Lightning and Storm spells.
• Old Injuries: [.5] rank decrease to physical speed. [Inactive]
• State of Power: Half [.5] rank increase to physical strength and speed.

Current Stats:
• Physical| Strength: +1.0 x Speed: +1.0
• Defense - D

Techniques Used:
• Unnamed Parry - C - Strength: B - Speed: B
• Unnamed Overhead Strike - C - Strength: A - Speed: B
:list::list: - Enhanced by Overpower

Current Objectives:
• None.

Items of Note:
• Zephyr [Katana]

Lanfaer
magcookie
Tenshuyami
Kirra Yamata

tab .MANA : 370 / 400 .STAMINA : 285 / 600 [-40] .TRANCE : 10 / 15 [-1]

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Kirra Yamata
Crew

Devoted Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Guildmember 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:22 pm
User Image

鉄 ❉❉❉ Kira Yamata ❉❉❉ 鉄

鉄 ❉❉❉キラ {•} ヤマタ❉❉❉ 鉄

Kira Looked to Kaileer as he told him that the wretched water dogs had been following them for a while. Kira didnt really buy it but was going with the answer for now. As Kaileer fought off his water dog Kira focused on his own, having only wounded the yokai from this bolt. Watching the thing pacing between two points Kira held his other lightning bolt, ready to fire. Then it happened The wolf like creature changed form and spread it's form into eight tentacles. Surprised by the sudden shift of the being Kira's guard was caught off guard as one of the tentacles hit his sore left shoulder. The pain brought his senses back to the situation at hand.as seven more tentacles came shooting towards him. Quickly Kira pushed off the ground to dodge two of the tentacles coming towards him but was struck by a third one when he was in the air. He landed a little farther away from the group when Kaileer shouted out that the masks were a vital point for them.

Trying to recover from the hit of the tentacles Kira looked up and saw the last three coming at him like a rocket. Kira looked around him before he rolled to the left twice before escaping the tentacles. His focus on his left handed lightning bolt was lost and the mana from it dissipated back into the ground and within Kira himself. Cursing once more Kira looked to his enemy as the tentacles swayed around like tails on a animal. Kira managed to pick himself up before the thing made another move against him. He didnt have long as the creature started to charge him, its eight water tentacles moving ahead of the body it, probably to create a battering ram effect. Kira Didn't have much chance in doing much instead of dodging the creature for now. Kira went on a full charge towards the water dog letting it think it was going to get a hit on him before Kira jumping into the air a foot away from the impact of the water tentacles. While in the air Kira went for his satchel and grabbed Two Kunai. Throwing them to the mask like face of the water dog. One missed and was lodged into the water. the water rippled in what Kira would consider a shudder for it. The other Kunai though hit the mark hitting the mask and leaving a crack across the mask running from the top all the way to the right of its 'face'

Kira grunted in satisfaction with the result and landed behind the water dog. The dog halted by using the tentacles as a cushion. Kira would take the time between its stopping and running back to Kira to charge one more Lightning Bolt. Kira had managed to charge enough for a single blow, however instead of charging in Kira waited for the yokai to come closer. By letting the beast come to him Kira hoped to expend less energy on running and exerted it for a more powerful bolt. As The Water Dog came within 3 meters Kira calmly breathed in and when he breathed out he shot his left hand up and fired the loud concussive bolt to try and hit it in the middle of the yokai's mask.

Hoping he had managed to kill the thing Kira would kneel down and panted. From the lightning cage and these two new lightning bolts Kira's stamina and mana limit felt spent. He took the moment to gather himself before slowly picking himself up and turning back to the fight Running to the next person closest to him.

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

magcookie

________Ikeinasu ► The Iron City of Bridges

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out