Mannan's heated gaze pierced directly into hers. "Stop denying it, U'tow. Let go for once."

"Why?" U'tow locked eyes in a challenge back, teeth bared. "Is that an order, Captain?"

The red headed leader of the Brigand's Break leaned in closer, enough to murmur against her shipsecond's neck and ears. "Would you like it if it was?" Mannan purred, letting her teeth graze skin. She could taste U'tow's sweat and feel the goosebumps forming, and it pleased her. "You've been so tense lately, my dear. I saw you redoing that knot for almost half a candlemark."

Why are you re-reading this one? Saith asked irritably. The green was nestled in some blankets and fidgeting every minute to try and get comfortable, but it seemed impossible that evening. Everything was so cold and she hated it for confining her to her weyr instead of socializing, and it leaked into her normally calm voice. That one isn't even quality. It has dubious consent, for one.

"Yeah. That's sort of the point," Raelin replied with a shrug. As Saith had taken all the blankets, she had resorted to wearing a few thick coats and socks to keep warm. It worked if the wind didn't blow their way, but she was still a little resentful that her green had to take all of them--and it wasn't even enough for her delicate sensibilities.

I think that's deplorable.

"You also think idiots are charming instead of annoying."

Charming is much better than any of that, Saith fussed before moving her position again.

"Yeah, and this isn't real people. It's fine."